PDA

View Full Version : Official 5E Eberron released

SouthpawSoldier
2015-02-02, 08:31 PM
Google-fu has only revealed hypothetical and homebrew discussion of 5E Eberron rules, so I THINK I may be the first to bring this up in the Playground. Wizards has an official release 6pg pdf Eberron setting packet for 5E. Link: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/unearthed-arcana-eberron

It has data for Shifter, Changeling, and Warforged races; Artificer Wizard Tradition; Action Point rules, and Dragonmarks.

Having minimal experience with Eberron (my group would incorporate some of it in standard 3.5 settings) I'm curious what Playgrounders think.

heavyfuel
2015-02-02, 08:39 PM
We know. There's a thread about it already: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?396296-Unearthed-Arcana-Eberron-update-released!

SouthpawSoldier
2015-02-02, 08:43 PM
Wonder why a Google search for "5E Eberron" only resulted in 4-5month old speculation and homebrew threads. Appreciate the link.

SharkForce
2015-02-02, 08:44 PM
it's also in an article that basically says it's not even set in mud, let alone set in stone.

I would hesitate to describe it as being overly official...

Eslin
2015-02-02, 10:33 PM
Definitely not official or release ready. Hello, ridiculous unlimited humanoid polymorphing! Want to be friends?

Envyus
2015-02-02, 11:26 PM
Definitely not official or release ready. Hello, ridiculous unlimited humanoid polymorphing! Want to be friends?

Hello you did not read the thing right. Because the Polymorph spell does not let you turn into humanoids as written in the other thread. No does the ability use the spell :smallannoyed:

SouthpawSoldier
2015-02-02, 11:57 PM
Folks, since it was pointed out another thread beat mine by a few hours, can we let mine die and move discussions over there? The first thing I did was subscribe to that thread; having parallel discussions here is redundant.

Totema
2015-02-03, 01:30 AM
None of the Unearthed Arcana features are meant to be official. I greatly suspect that the actual official conversion of Eberron will make these options a bit more complex. Still, though, it's nice to have something to work with until then.