PDA

View Full Version : Alternant Werewolf - Narrowlands world.

Umarth
2007-04-05, 02:40 PM
Diffrent take on Werewolves for my homebrew world. One call out is armor provides DR in my game.

Werewolf
Monsterous Humanoid
8d8 HD (104 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Init: +4
AC 23; touch 13; flat-footed 21
(+3 Dex, +6 natural, +5 MW Brestplate, -1 Size)
DR: 5 (+3 Natural, +2 MW Brestplate)
BAB +6/+1; Grp +15
Attack Large Greataxe +10 (3d6+7, 20/x3)
Full-Attack Full attack +10/+5/+5 (3d6+7, 20x3; 2d4+2 20x2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks Ripping Bite
Special Qualities Warg empathy, regeneration 12, low-light vision, scent
Saves Fort +7 Ref +10 Will +7
Abilities Str 20, Dex 18, Con 24, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills Survival +8, Spot +10, Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Listen +10
Feats Power Attack, Cleave, Heroic Effort
Environment Dor'Engauer
Organization Solitary, pack 2+1d4 and 1d4-2 human ravagers, or band 6+1d6 human ravagers and 1 vampire
Challenge Rating 8
Treasure Standard
Alignment Always chaotic evil
Advancement by Class;Barbarian
Equipment: Large Great Axe, Large MW Brestplate

Ripping Bite Any bite from a werewolf bleeds for a number of rounds equal to the damage delt by the bite. The bleeding causes 1 point of damage per round. A DC 15 heal check stops the bleeding.
Regeneration: Weapons coated in Werebane deal normal damage to a werewolf. If a werewolf loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
Warg Empathy: Communicate with wargs, and +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against wolves and dire wolves.

The Yaun-ti godling hidden within his fortress at the center of Dor'Engauer has created numerous foul creatures to do his bidding. One of the most successful has been the werewolves. They are a fell mix of human and warg.

Werewolves are deadly and crafty opponents preferring, despite their combat ability, to strike from hiding or ambush. A common werewolf tactic when hunting intelligent prey is to have several members of a pack hiding inside of bushes or up in trees while one member stays somewhere obvious. When the prey rushes forward to do battle the hidden werewolves lash out with attacks of opportunities and then rush out to flank or attack any lightly armored foes.

Despite persistent rumors to the contrary it is not possible to be turned into a werewolf from the bite or from contact with one. Werewolves though will torture and twist any sentient captives they don't eat eventually turning them evil and training them as ravagers (PrC Complete Warrior)

Heroic Effort: Homebrew feat allows you to take 1 extra move action per day.

jjpickar
2007-04-05, 06:31 PM
Nice, I'm not a big fan of the "lycanthropic template" anyway.

Umarth
2007-04-06, 08:04 AM
Thanks. I'm really trying to capture "werewolves are huge scary monsters that will rip you apart" and the werewolf template just doesn't give me that feel.

Matthew
2007-04-06, 08:50 PM
Looks good. Maybe you should give it another name, such as True Werewolf, Pure Werewolf or something similar and enter it for consideration into Monsters in the Playground.