PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CLVIII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Castaras
2007-04-07, 08:39 AM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavern100.gif
Come and enjoy our unique beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca-meets-rustic-Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth.

Trog's Tavern has been enchanted to be indestructible. Please refrain from attempting to damage it, as it will not work.

Theme Song (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/televisioncity/cheerssong.html)

NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers: Hoseki, Tempest Stormwing, Valthreborn Valthera
Bartender: Trog, El J, Nina, Paige, Cosmo, Alex Shipmaster, Erdan
Cook: Who
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - a feisty and vivacious 18 year old (she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Paige - a sweet and wholesome elf working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Cosmo - a quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel.

All will be happy to serve you. ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Kobold Chianti - Tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.

Bar Drinks:
Pina CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Sweet vermouth with bitters and more.
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk.
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps.
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie.
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down.
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures.
Black Market Wallbanger
Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater
Guild Vodka No. 3
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.

Beers Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger - Death-o-licious!
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh... I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.

Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
Llamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation.
Hot Chocolate - with little marshmallows and stuff.

To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Surprise

Desserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 08:41 AM
Fus chuckles at Tabitha's mistake, and picks up the kitten and spider. He carries them and his drink over to Tabitha's table, and sets them down.

The kitten sniffs the spider suspiciously. The spider moves back a bit, before crawling up onto Fus' back.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 08:45 AM
Evander sets Tabitha down on a chair, while she watches the kitten nigh hypnotically, since she knows Evander's got her back. Literally. "That's amazing. And cute," she emphasizes the word. She has a weak spot for adorable things.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 08:47 AM
He chuckles.

It's just like your little spider. Just in gems.

The kitten moves over to Tabitha, sitting in front of her, tilting its head to one side as it studies her.

You can have it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 08:49 AM
"R-really? Thank you!" She attempts to pet the kitten, "Does it have a form of sentience?" Tabitha looks up at Fus.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure...

The kitten seems to sliently purr, acting kittenish.

It seems to. But I've never done something like it, so I can't say for sure.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 08:52 AM
Tabitha nods and tries to pick it up, wanting to cuddle it although it isn't quite soft like an ordinary kitten.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 08:53 AM
Karsen wakes from the water, and orders a.... drink.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 08:54 AM
The kitten gets picked up, and looks up at Tabitha with soulful yellow crystal eyes.

(( You can control it now if you want ))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:00 AM
Tabitha holds it close, listening to it purr. "Thank you so much! I love it." She seems incredibly pleased with the little creature. "I had no idea you could do that sort of thing." Evander eyes the kitten, interested in the new companion to their little group.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 09:01 AM
It's been a while since I've tried.

He smiles, glad that she liked it.

And that is the most complicated thing I've done with gems...

Exachix
2007-04-07, 09:04 AM
Karsen looks over and watches. Silently.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:07 AM
Tabitha playfully tickles the kitten's ear, causing it to twitch a little. The kitten doesn't appear to be too bothered though. "You should do it more often if you can. It's wonderful."

Castaras
2007-04-07, 09:11 AM
He blushes slightly.

Thanks...

He digs into his pouch and takes out some red gems, ranging from a pale pink to a deep blood red. He starts rearranging them.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 09:12 AM
Karsen sips his drink and watches.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:14 AM
The kitten tries to paw out of her arms at the gems, but Tabitha keeps it a fair distance away. In her mind she's running over a list of names to call the thing, and then realizes she has no idea whether it is a boy or a girl. Or neither. She decides to ask Fus when he gets done.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 09:15 AM
Fus looks up at Tabitha.

What should I try making?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:28 AM
She looks at the red gems and thinks for a moment, "The colours make me think of fire. Or a light." Tabitha pets the kitten again, "Oh, is it a boy or a girl, do you think?"

Castaras
2007-04-07, 09:29 AM
Hmm. I think it isn't a girl or a boy.

He smirks.

I'm not that good on cat anatomy.

He looks back down at his crystals.

An elemental thing maybe...

He begins shaping them with his magic.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:32 AM
(Breakfast, returning shortly)

Castaras
2007-04-07, 09:34 AM
(( Ok ))

Fus carries on channeling his magic through the crystals.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 09:40 AM
Karsen sips his drink and watches.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:42 AM
Tabitha watches with great interest, wondering how it works. Evander smiles inwardly, not having any lips to work with. The kitten watches, too, having abandoned trying to go and play with the gems, although, it can't keep it's eyes off.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 09:47 AM
The gems shimmer, moving closer to each other. Fus waves his hand over them, and digs in his pouch for some greenish gems. He lays them out beside the pile of red gems, and starts to solidify the gems together.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-07, 09:49 AM
A guitar solo starts playing somewhere. Vespe bursts in through a window that probably wasn't there ten minutes ago in full formal attire. Are you ready? 3 2 1 go! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoV3DlFfR4)

Exachix
2007-04-07, 09:50 AM
Karsen looks over, sighs, and orders three muffins.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 09:51 AM
Nathaniel awakens from dead time to hear the guitar solo. He narrows his eyes. "What in God's name is that racket?"

Jack also awakens from dead time, but doesn't do much of anything.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:52 AM
Still not wanting to interrupt his work, the trio remain silent, apart from the kitten, who is purring again.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 09:56 AM
The red gems slowly change, moving and shimmering with grey magic. Wafer thin sheets of gems appear around a red center, and the green gems form a long slender strand, with a lump on one side. Fus frowns, pulling out the lump with his magic to form a small leaf-shape. The grey magic leaves the crystaline object, revealing a perfectly crafted rose.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-07, 09:56 AM
As the song ends, a NPC novelist in the bar writes the greatest novel of all time and becomes rich and famous.

Suddenly another NPC cries out
Hellllllp!
Vespe (and two other agents who have joined him) start another song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTxx0GN0wU&mode=related&search=)

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:00 AM
Tabitha's eyes shine a little. Gnome's can be pretty obsessed with gems and things. Come to think of it, the combination of "cute little animal" with "made entirely of gemstones" is impossible for her to resist. Hence the fawning over the kitten.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:02 AM
Fus picks up the crystal rose, examining it critically.

Hmm...worked quite well...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:04 AM
"Wow... I wouldn't have thought of a flower... but it's beautiful." Tabitha cuddles the kitten a little.
Evander nods in agreement, "Remarkable craftsmanship."

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:05 AM
Fus smiles nervously.

I'm glad you think so...

He offers it to Tabitha.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:11 AM
"T-thank you." Tabitha looks very pleased beneath the shy blushing. She takes ahold of the rose gently, trying to make sure she won't break it. It seems fairly sturdy. The kitten reaches out to paw at the stem a bit. She dangles it in front of the kitten for a moment, watching it play. She laughs a little before taking the flower and putting it behind her ear, letting it be an ornament for today at least. The kitten seems the tiniest bit put out, but it soon starts trying to play with a loose strand of her hair instead.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 10:12 AM
Karsen smiles and finishes his muffins, before heading out to the streets.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:13 AM
Fus grins at the kitten, remembering the spider. He picks it up and puts it on the table, watching it scurry around the table.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:17 AM
The kitten squirms its way out of her arms and begins to follow the spider around, quietly stalking it.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:18 AM
The spider carries on scuttling round the table, not noticing the kitten. Fus watches quietly, smiling.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:22 AM
The kitten bats at it experimentally. Eyes still on the two creations, Tabitha begins to talk a little, "You don't suppose it'd be asking too much if the person that is after you forgot about you, do you?" It's halfway between teasing and quiet worry.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:25 AM
Seems he has forgotten about me. There were people I know who were in the slums, and they say he hasn't been seen at all.

The spider jumps and turns to the kitten. It chitters, eyeing the kitten with suspicion.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:32 AM
"Phew, that's good," she smiles, "That means you can start doing what it is that you want to."

The kitten skips backwards a bit too, and then proceeds to reach out and bat at it lightly again.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:34 AM
The spider chitters and reaches out to bat the kitten back.

Yes...it does I guess...

He looks at Tabitha, before turning back to the spider and kitten.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:40 AM
The kitten does a full jump backwards, surprised to have the spider batting back, it's crystalline tail flicking back and forth playfully.

"Speaking of which, what do you want to do? I mean, I'm thinking once I get things sorted out I might try saving up to build that floating ship of mine," she smiles, "Sort of a daydream, but I might as well give it a shot."

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:42 AM
A floating ship?

He smiles.

Sounds interesting. How are you planning to do that?

The spider scuttles in, bapping at the kitten with its front legs.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:49 AM
The kitten hops sideways and tries to bat at the spider with a little more vigor.

"Hm? Oh, well, same thing really. Enchanted clockwork. You can do a lot with it," she tilts her head to the side with a smile, "The materials would just be more expensive than what I'm used to. And the ship would be a lot bigger than what I usually make, too. I'd be building it from scratch."

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:50 AM
Would you want some help getting the materials? I can get quite alot of gold from some old friends...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:55 AM
Tabitha smiles, "I'll think about it. It just depends I guess. If I do this right... I should be able to use some of the money I have back home. I just have to, you know, finish usurping our current monarchy." She laughs at this.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 10:56 AM
He grins.

Wouldn't be that difficult, using the right methods...how large is this monarchy?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 11:06 AM
She turns a bit more serious and her voice takes a more high-bred persuasion, "Currently it is under military occupation. Namely because our new lordship never had a kingdom of his own to begin with. Just a sizeable army. Our mechanical and enchanted defenses were our strength, but for some reason most of them failed shortly after the battle's initiation. Mine included. Which makes me think he's got something up his sleeve that he's not telling us. Wisely enough." She rubs her lip quietly.

The kitten circles the spider, waiting for an opportunity to bat at it without retaliation.

Castaras
2007-04-07, 11:12 AM
The spider chitters.

Fus sighs, thinking, as dead time grabs him and the spider.

(( Family friends have come round, see you later. ))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 11:15 AM
Tabitha and Evander mentally converse in their dead time, though what about we are uncertain. The kitten falls under dead time as well as the spider, since it is going to play fair.

((I'll check back in in a few hours))

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-04-07, 11:29 AM
Shadow comes down from his room and orders beer with peanuts. He then dumps the peanuts in the beer and eats them both like cereal.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 11:41 AM
Tygerlilly bounces up from under a table and jumps up next to Shadow, she peers into his beer.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 12:11 PM
Nathaniel and Jack once again come out of dead time. "This seems to be happening a lot lately..." They both shrug, and Nathaniel orders a drink.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 12:13 PM
Tygerlilly abandons Shadow and jumps on one foot over to Nathaniel and Jack, the bells on her hat jingling merrily. She holds out one small hand to shake, Hello, I'm Tygerlilly.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 12:16 PM
Nathaniel looks over at Tygerlily, looking a bit suprised. "Uh...hello, I'm Nathaniel Coffyn." He takes her hand and shakes it.

"And I'm Jack." Jack doesn't look up from the book of magic that he has started reading.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 12:22 PM
Hello, very pleased to meet both of you. Your last name is Coffyn? Do you make coffins? She inspects his hand and wrist for any rings or bracelets as she talks.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 12:26 PM
"Good to meet you as well. And no, I just put people in them." The only visible thing on his hands and wrists are plate mail gauntlets. Nathaniel is, however, wearing a ring under his right gauntlet. He takes a drink.

Jack continues to studiously read his book, apparently absorbed in it.

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-04-07, 12:29 PM
((sorry about the dead time))
As Shadow pays for his meal with copper coins pulled from an unassuming bag, his hand slips, and coins come flying out, some bouncing off the ceiling.

"Oops."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 12:30 PM
Tygerlilly looks up at him, Really? In them? for what reasons? as she tries to get a better look at the ring.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 12:35 PM
"For my country. Or at least, that's the way it used to be." The ring looks as if it is a magnet, carved into the shape of a ring.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 12:39 PM
For your Country? Are you employed by your ruler? Your ring is really cool, does it stick to metal objects? She starts tugging on it.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 12:42 PM
"I was the ruler. It doesn't stick to metal. It keeps me from getting shot." Nathaniel pulls his hand away as she starts tugging on the ring.

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-04-07, 12:45 PM
Shadow scrambles to clean up all the coins he dropped

"Oh dear, I hope I haven't ruined anyone's meal."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 12:49 PM
Tygerlilly puts her hands behind her back and bounces in place and innocently looks up at him, How did you get deposed? she tilts her head, Is that the right word? Or how did you get to not be the ruler? Did you have fun with all the paperwork?

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 12:52 PM
Nathaniel sighs, remebering. "Its a long story, really. I didn't exactly get deposed. And other people handled the paperwork." He looks down at Tygerlily as she starts bouncing in place. "You're very curious, aren't you?"

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 12:55 PM
Well, she starts playing with her hair, You're interesting, not many days where I get to meet a used to be ruler! It's cool. If you didn't get deposed how did it happen? Can you tell the story? She sits cross legged on the floor near his feet and looks up at him, waiting.

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-04-07, 12:57 PM
"Ooooo, me too!"

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 01:02 PM
"Er...thanks, I guess. And..." Nathaniel hesitates. "Eh, Hell, its not like I have anything better to do." He tells the story (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1983701#post1983701) of how he was removed from the throne, and the events leading up to it.

Jack looks up from his book and listens with interest, apparently not having heard this story before.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 01:05 PM
Tygerlilly looks up with wide eyes, Wow! Anglarcturian is a mouthful, do you ever pronounce it wrong? And that rude guy that turned on you, How Rude! So when are you going back? Can I come? I can throw my knives really well and I'm really good at sneaking.

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-04-07, 01:10 PM
Shadow seems impressed.

"That's a lot of power you have. Has the army-gathering been good?"

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 01:12 PM
"I'm going back soon." Nathaniel considers Tygerlily, assessing her usefulness. "Well, I am in need of someone with your talents for my army...I'll be heading back to Anglarctur as soon as I can raise an army, though I'll be sending advance teams in a couple weeks. If you want in, I'd be glad to have you with us."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 01:15 PM
Tygerlilly gets up and jumps up and down, Kethend's invited isn't he? She points over to the table she was under.

Kethend pokes his head out and smiles.

((She is a Kender... just warning you.))

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-04-07, 01:19 PM
Shadow considers joining the army for a moment, but decides against it.

"I think I wouldn't be very useful in an army. All I can do is avoid attacks."

He then leaves the tavern.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 01:24 PM
"As long as he can fight." Nathaniel inspects Kethend, appraising him.

((I'll keep that in mind.))

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 01:25 PM
Oh, Kethend can fly, his breath weapon is lightning bolts and I love to fly. He also has very sharp claws and teeth.

Kethend smiles wider, showing his very sharp teeth.

((and considering you probably can't separate the pair, Kethend is a juvenile bronze dragon))

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 01:36 PM
Nathaniel nods. "Sounds useful. He can come as well, then. How exactly do you want to be paid?"

((Eating, should be back soon.))

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 01:38 PM
Tygerlilly giggles, Kethend likes diamonds and gems, I like copper, lots and lots of copper.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 01:44 PM
((instead of getting better over time, I think my will saves are slowly degrading.))

Out of no-where. Well, not no-where, the plane of metals maybe? Yes, that'll do nicely. Anyway, a portal opens in the rafters. Out falls alot of sheets of copper, about 10 of them, each 1m by 1.5m, and of about 10mm thick. The edges are carefully rounded to reduce injury. The portal closes after the sheets fall through.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 01:48 PM
Tygerlilly turns and oh my, she grins, COOL! She jumps over to inspect them and takes off her backpack to stuff them in after she inspects each one. She turns each one over and over, running her fingers over the entire surface of each piece.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 01:49 PM
Floyd leans back in his chair, strumming a melancholy tune out on his guitar.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 01:50 PM
It's copper. Just plain old copper. Nothing special about them, save they seem to have been cleaned quite a bit to be shiny.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 01:50 PM
She finishes and bounces over to Floyd, extending one small hand to shake, Hello, I'm Tygerlilly. The bells on her hat jingle merrily.

((She loves each and every piece, they might become heirloom items, hehe))

Exachix
2007-04-07, 01:52 PM
((yay! =). Nice to know I help))

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 01:52 PM
Floyd looks at Tygerlilly. He is obviously too depressed for niceties at the moment, but he figured he might as well be friendly.

"Floyd..." He rplies weakly, shaking her hand with equal weakness.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 01:56 PM
Tygerlilly carefully looks his hand over, Do you want an unholy symbol to cheer you up?

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:05 PM
"Not really..."

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 02:06 PM
Maph'tey drags himself into Trog's and flops down in the nearest convenient chair.

"That wasn't a fun way to spend an evening..."

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 02:07 PM
Nathaniel looks over at Tygerlily talking with Floyd. To Tygerlily, he says, "Sorry to interrupt but, whenever its convenient for you, please head over to my warcamp so I can get you on the roster." This said, he returns to his drink.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:08 PM
Hm, let's see what else I have, she sits down and starts rummaging through her pouches. She holds up the items one at a time,

Shark teeth?
String?
Mouse tails?
Silverware?
a mosquito in amber?
and my favorite, a rock in the shape of a nose?

I think I have a few growing potatoes around here if you'd rather have something smooshy?

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:09 PM
Floyd shakes his head, "Thanks for the sentiment, but I don't think you have anything that'll make me feel better."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:17 PM
Really? hm, lets see. She dumps out the next pouch, holding up more items for his inspection.

feathered eye patch?
blue ice holy symbol of Inari?
misc tools (from Kenyon)?
sand?
a cup?
a carved wood set of holy figures (from Jack (Vael))?

Kethend asks Nathaniel, Where is your camp?

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:17 PM
Floyd just shakes his head at all the offered items.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:22 PM
Tygerlilly shakes her head, and dumps out another pouch,

4200 copper pieces?
54 gold pieces?
20 platinum pieces?
Jade?
Moss Agates?
a Pearl? I was wondering where that pearl went, isn't it such a lovely color or white?

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:23 PM
Floyd would like all those platinum pieces, but his player slaps him in the back of the head, so he denies those, as well.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:28 PM
Are you sure? Lots of people like platinum! She dumps several pieces in his lap. I really prefer copper, it's so easy to find and so much fun to play with.

Kethend watches her from across the room

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:30 PM
"No, really, it's okay." Floyd says, pushing all the pieces back towards Tigerlilly.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:35 PM
Tygerlilly looks at him, sadness creeping into her eyes, You..you don't want them? I want you to have them. She slowly bends over to pick them up.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 02:35 PM
Karaki enters. Continuity whines and get's hit over the head. It's assaulters kick it and rob it, before running off.

Karaki looks around and goes to the bar, before ordering... a drink.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:38 PM
Floyd sighs. Once again, it's his fault for making people depressed. He bends over and collects them.

"Fine...I'll take them, I guess.."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:39 PM
Tygerlilly looks at him a little hope coming back in her eyes, Really? You will? Here... She takes them and puts them back in his lap, Just for you!

Kethend sighs, kender tears are barely prevented.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 02:42 PM
Karaki sips his drink and watches.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:43 PM
"Thanks..." Floyd says, trying to feign happiness just so this girl won't cry.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:47 PM
Tygerlilly beams up at him, Glad I could help you, will you play something happy? Or, can you do cool effects with your guitar?

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 02:47 PM
Nathaniel belatedly answers Kethend's question, "Its in the wilderness. Here," Jack snaps his fingers, and a map appears in front of Kethend. "That shows the way there."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:48 PM
Tygerlilly waits.

Kethend memorizes the map, Got it, thanks.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 02:49 PM
"No problem." Nathaniel takes a drink. Jack returns to his book.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:49 PM
"Yeah...Atom Heart can do lots of things." Floyd says, tapping on his guitar to indicate that it is the one he calls Atom Heart.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:53 PM
Oooohh, I like that name, it's cool. She says it a few times to get the proper flavor, Atom Heart, Atom Heart, Atom Heart. She grins at him, What can you play?

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 02:54 PM
"Rock songs, mostly."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 02:57 PM
Can I hear one? I really want to hear one. Do you know any with dragons in them? or maybe clocks?

Kethend closes his eyes and listens to her.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 02:58 PM
Karaki looks over.

"What sort of rock?"

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 03:01 PM
"Uh...I can't think of any with dragons in them, but I do know one about clocks..sort of."

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 03:02 PM
The Traveler has been sitting at his table fiddling with a small hand held electronic device for a while. At this point he glances up and notes badgering Kinder. Maph'tey considers how best to distract her from bugging Floyd, who is probably still down about the whole 'getting killed by Vera' incident.

Maph'tey walks over to the small humanoid and offers her the nifty little machine he had picked up from a nifty space-port somewhere.

"Here Tigerlilly, I think you might have fun with this," he says in a friendly tone before handing off the game (http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/).

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 03:03 PM
Tygerlilly claps her hands excitedly, Play it! Play it!

She turns the game over and over in her hands and starts pushing random buttons to see what it will do.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 03:07 PM
Floyd sighs and begins strumming off the tune to Time, taking care that he doesn't release Atom Heart's magics to screw up the time-space continuum. He does use it, however, to simulate the sounds of 20 or so clocks going off for the intro to the song.

He begins to sing, stopping every verse or so for a guitar solo.

"
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but youre older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought Id something more to say

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
Its good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 03:10 PM
Tygerlilly stops to listen to Floyd, she bounces with all the clock sounds while Kethend covers his ears. At the end she says, I really liked the clock sounds, the song was interesting but the clocks were cool! Can you do them again?

Exachix
2007-04-07, 03:10 PM
Karaki listens to the song and smiles, thinking he recognizes it.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 03:33 PM
Floyd shrugs, strumming a few individual strings on Atom Heart, which produces the songs of clocks ringing.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 03:37 PM
Tygerlilly jumps up and down a few times. When he's done, she reaches one hand out to pluck the strings to see if she can get the same effect.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 03:38 PM
Karaki watches, listening.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 03:38 PM
Flyod quickly turns, moving Atom Heart out of the way of Tigerlilly's eager finger.

"Sorry...No one but me's allowed to touch."

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 03:40 PM
((Amusingly enough, the game I linked to has a scoreboard thingy. Play it on Normal mode and when your run out of lives or finish all the waves put in 'The Town' as your player group and it will keep track of everyone's scores =D))

Maph'tey listens to the music.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 03:41 PM
((he he... I'm doing it on easy at the moment.

It's so addictive))

Karaki sips his drink, watching.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 03:44 PM
Tygerlilly withdraws her fingers, Do it again? looking at him with a smiling, eager face.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 03:48 PM
"Are the clock sounds the only thing you want to listen to? I feel like it's squandering Atm Heart's abilities..."

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 03:52 PM
Well, she looks down and scuffs her feet on the floor, I do like all kinds of music, she gives him a hopeful look.

McBish
2007-04-07, 03:53 PM
A black women with dreadlocks and carrying a large backpack that looks to heavy for her. She glances around the room and heads to a table and takes the bag off and sets it on a chair. Then she takes of an necklace with a charm of some sort on it. She suddenly looks extreamly tired and flops down on a chair.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 03:54 PM
Karaki looks at the woman and hmms, before sipping his drink and looking back at the Kender and the guitarist.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 03:54 PM
"Well...what kind of song do you want me to play?"

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 03:56 PM
Something bouncy? She jumps up and down a few times in emphasis.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 03:59 PM
((I gotta go and won't be back for a few hours, so pretend Floyd played something cool.))

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:00 PM
The women relaxes in her seat and gets a Xorn Zinfandel.

Exachix
2007-04-07, 04:01 PM
Karaki smiles and gets back to his drink, soon however, continuity strikes back, and karaki is rubberbandded back to where he was before he violated simple universal laws.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 04:11 PM
Tygerlilly smiles and listens to Floyd play Atom Heart, wishing mightily that she could touch it, but remembering that he doesn't like that so she keeps her hands to herself. After he's finished she bounces over to the new woman (McBish). She holds out her hand to shake, Hello, I'm Tygerlilly.

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:13 PM
The women takes a small vial of some sort of powder and pours it into her drink as she mutters something and then takes a drink. She smiles at the kender. Hello there little one. And shakes the kenders hand. ((She has several braclets and a couple of rings on her hand.))

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 04:17 PM
Tygerlilly promptly pulls her hand a bit closer to inspect the rings and bracelets. Very pleased to meet you, she smiles at the woman.

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:21 PM
The women gives a tired smile as she smiles. The rings are made of a couple of different metels and even a few made of string. Some have small charms in them. The same goes for the braclets. You can call me Jo Tygerlilly.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 04:27 PM
Tygerlilly's grin gets wider, Jo, I like that name, simple and pretty. Your rings and bracelets are very pretty as well, I really like the string ones, she fingers them.

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:29 PM
Jo smiles. Thank you. I like your name as well. It is strong. Would you like a ring?

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 04:31 PM
Oooohh, please? I would love a string one, I've never seen string rings and bracelets before. Tygerlilly shifts from foot to foot with eager energy.

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:39 PM
Sure. Jo takes back her hand and reaches into a pocket of her bag and fishes out a small ring that looks like it will fit Tygerlilly's small fingers. It is a a simple knoted string but smells of clover. This ring will grant you small luck. ((+1 luck bonus on any check once per day.))

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 04:44 PM
Tygerlilly smiles up at Jo, Thanks! She takes the ring and slides it on the second finger of her left hand, next to her other ring and admires her hand.

I really like the smell, Tygerlilly digs in one of her pouches, and pulls out something. She opens her hand with the mosquito in amber, holding it out for Jo, for you! She grins.

((extra luck for a Kender? hehe, so much fun))

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:47 PM
Why thank you. I appreciate the gift. She holds the amber up in the light to look through it and smiles.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 04:48 PM
Tygerlilly laughs, I knew it would be perfect for you.

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:54 PM
Yes I like it very much. Amber is a good stone. Very useful.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 04:58 PM
Tygerlilly sits down, all smiles as she twists her new ring on her finger. She finally gets up to go show Kethend. He sniffs it, nodding his approval and she crawls between his front legs for a little nap.

McBish
2007-04-07, 04:59 PM
Jo smiles and yawns. She reaches into her bag and pulls out some dried meat and starts to munch on it.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 05:01 PM
Tygerlilly is soon peacefully snoring while Kethend watches everyone in the Tavern.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:04 PM
Jo gives a freindly wave to Kethend.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 05:05 PM
Kethend grins back at her.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:10 PM
Jo finishes her meat and wine and looks through her bag for a bit.

wxdruid
2007-04-07, 05:16 PM
Kethend turns his head protectively over Tygerlilly's snoring form and closes his eyes.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 05:24 PM
Aesa appears in the tavern, grinning widely. She takes up her place behind the bar.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:26 PM
Jo glances at Aesa and smiles.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 05:27 PM
Hello there. I don't think I've seen you before.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:29 PM
My name is Jo. I just got into Town today.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 05:30 PM
I see.
Can I get you anything to drink?
Aesa thinks about spiking the next drink order she gets.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:33 PM
Jo thinks for a minute but her aching bones help her come to a decision. Sure I'll have another Xorn Zinfandel.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 05:34 PM
Aesa decides she is in a good enough mood as it is, so she just pours the wine and slides it to Jo.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:36 PM
Jo smiles and pulls out a small vial and adds some powder to her drink before sipping it. Thank you.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 05:39 PM
What did you add?
Aesa sounds curious.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:42 PM
Some powdered Devil's Claw. It was a long walk here and I'll proably be sore in the morning. The Devil's Claw will help.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 05:43 PM
Maph'tey waves at Aesa in a friendly sort of fashion. As he does a small electronic game (http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/) leaps toward the vala and demands her attention. It also points out that her player should use 'The Town' as the scoring group once it asks him for one.

"You seem pleased about something," Maph'tey comments.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 05:44 PM
I see.
An NPC gets a drink from Cosmo, and Aesa swiftly uses a ranged spell to enchant said drink with a transformation potion.
Oh yes- I just was visiting a friend.
((I played that game when you first link it. Its fun))

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 05:47 PM
((It's addicting T_T))

"Someone I've met?" Maph'tey asks moments before the random NPC is transformed into something humorous.

McBish
2007-04-07, 05:48 PM
Jo nods and glances at Maph'tey and the game. She shrugs and continues drinking her wine.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 05:54 PM
Probably not. His name is Jaric.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 05:57 PM
Maph'tey thinks for a moment.

"I think I've seen him here at Trog's before, but never talked with him," he begins to work one of his gems while the NPC turns into a...?

McBish
2007-04-07, 06:00 PM
Jo finishes her wine.

((Hippo, I vote hippo.))

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:04 PM
A newt, apparently.

He's a friendly fellow, if you know how to deal with him.

McBish
2007-04-07, 06:05 PM
Jo looks over at the newt and glances around the tavern a little concerened. She pulls out a necklace and slips it around her neck.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 06:07 PM
Maph'tey glances up from his carving just in time to see an NPC vanish only to be replaced by a small semi-aquatic salamander.

"A newt...?"

Maph'tey considers how best to make the poor NPC get better.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 06:09 PM
Nathaniel and Jack come out of dead time. Nathaniel looks around the tavern, while Jack immediately returns to the book he was reading before getting deadtimed.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:12 PM
Aesa snickers at the NPC and gets a blackshadow.

McBish
2007-04-07, 06:16 PM
Jo searches her memory to see if she knows the way to reverse polymorph.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 06:16 PM
The Traveler attempts a Dispel on the poor amphibian. Of course, because the Seid was cast by a god the spell fails miserably. Maph'tey is usually pretty sharp, so this turn of events gives him a reasonable idea of what may have happened.

"Aesa? Would you mind... un-newting this guy?" he asks as he gestures at said animal.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:19 PM
Aesa grins.
He'll get better.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 06:21 PM
Maph'tey crosses his arms across his chest.

"Oh come on now. I think he deserves not spending any unnecessary time as a newt. Besides, I did that joke already."

McBish
2007-04-07, 06:23 PM
Jo watches Maph'tey and Aesa carefully, except when she occasionaly yawns.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:26 PM
Undo it yourself.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 06:30 PM
Since a dispel isn't working Maph'tey decides to try things from a different angle. He attempts to Polymorph Any the guy back into a human.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:33 PM
That works fairly well.
The man runs out the door.

McBish
2007-04-07, 06:35 PM
Odd. Jo says.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 06:48 PM
"I'm curious, Aesa, why do you find that amusing? It's not like it challenges you in anyway," Maph'tey comments.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:49 PM
I like knowing how people will react to things. Free will and all.

McBish
2007-04-07, 06:52 PM
Jo drops some gold on the bar and gets up. She picks up her bag and puts it on her back despite the fact that it has to be way to heavy for her.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 06:54 PM
"Has anyone ever not run from Trog's screaming after getting transmuted by you?" he pauses for a moment considering this. "Well... Besides the people who readily share their names anyway. I've noticed that the quite people," he gestures to the NPCs. "Don't ever cause much trouble and just keep to themselves."

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:56 PM
If you count the people I turned into stone...
Aesa grins and aims her rod at Jo.
The backpack, for a reason that has NOTHING to do with Aesa taking physics into a dark alley and beating the life out of it, gets lighter.

McBish
2007-04-07, 06:57 PM
Jo feels the bag get lighter and glances at Aesa and her rod. Thank you.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 06:59 PM
Don't be so quick to assume. What if I teleported the contents elsewhere, hm? What if that was how it got lighter?
Aesa gives her a smile.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 07:00 PM
"Isn't it hard to see their reactions if they're busy being lawn ornaments?" Maph'tey replies.

McBish
2007-04-07, 07:02 PM
Well than I would have to congratulate you on your power. Many things in here are to vauleable to leave unprotected.

Raistlin1040
2007-04-07, 07:04 PM
Nymbryxion breaks out of dead time and leaves.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 07:04 PM
Aesa smiles and waves her off, then looks at Maph'tey.
It took a while for them to entirely turn.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 07:06 PM
"Oh..." he drums his fingers on this table for a while.

Maph'tey decides to mention something out of the blue.

"I met Skuld a few weeks ago."

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 07:09 PM
Aesa's eyes narrow and she snaps her rod straight in her hand. She looks down at the bartop.

McBish
2007-04-07, 07:09 PM
Jo heads out the door.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 07:13 PM
"She was repairing a bridge made of rainbow and fire," he continues. "I looked it up in some books at your library. Apparently it was supposed to be some end of the world related thing. Must have gotten gummed up since everyone in Town isn't dead."

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 07:16 PM
Aesa's jaw tenses and relaxes, then tenses again.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 07:23 PM
"I heard Hiko say before that you look like her when you..." he trails off for a moment. "..look different. I don't think I really agree with him. There's a superficial resemblance, sure, but the... I don't know... demeanor I guess is strikingly dissimilar."

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 07:27 PM
I'd prefer you not talk about that bitch so lightly in my presence, Maph'tey.
Aesa glares at him as she spits out his name.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 07:38 PM
"Unh," Tabitha groans as she falls out of dead time onto the floor. "Oh, seriously. How the heck did that happen?"
Evander snaps out as well. "Happens to the best of us, I'm afraid."
The crystalline kitten that had been playing with Fus' mechaspider completes the batting motion it had before deadtime fell on it. However, since the spider is motionless and immovable at this point, it soon loses interest.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 07:40 PM
Jack notices Evander coming out of dead time, and shoots him a glare. Nathaniel stares up at the ceiling boredly, leaning far back in his chair.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 07:43 PM
Evander raises an... well, lacking an eyebrow, his eyes make a quizzical look at Jack.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 07:43 PM
Jack just continues to glare, as his master continues to be completely oblivous to the rest of the world.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 07:45 PM
"What I saw was someone who didn't see people as people. I saw someone who sees people as things. Just another thread in the tapestry instead of a living breathing thing with hopes and fears and goals. Something that can love and hate something that can laugh and cry."

Maph'tey pauses for a moment, knowing full well that what he's about to say will probably get him smote.

"There are times I see that same demeanor in you. There are times I don't. You said you hated yourself for what you were forced to do. So you took on the mindset of the one thing you hated above all else to make that self-hate all the easier. You treat these," he motions to the NPCs who are likely expecting Aesa to simply nuke this weird guy where he's sitting. "As things because that's what you were treated as."

((I'm going to need a spatula to scrape Maph'tey off the walls now.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 07:52 PM
Evander makes a sigh that reverberates through the armour, making Tabitha giggle a bit. The crystalline kitten wanders back to Tabitha, which causes her to grab ahold of it and cuddle it again.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 07:55 PM
Aesa suddenly looks very calm. Then again, most centers of a storm do.
And there is, literally, a storm. A force of wind and Seid begins whipping around Aesa, tearing through furniture and people alike. The storm howls like a whirring, sharpened blade, and the way it cuts some of the people lends a fair bit of reality to the sound.
She clenches her fist, and an entire source of Seid devotes itself to lifting Maph'tey off of the ground.
I may give people what they don't deserve.
The vala tries to slam Maph'tey into a wall.
I may do horrible and unforgiveable things.
The storm refocuses and hurls all its force into the Traveler.
But I'll eternally live in Hel before I am like my mother.
Aesa distorts space in such a way that is calculated to rend Maph'tey apart in an extremely painful, bloody, and explosive manner.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 07:58 PM
Jack holds the glare for a few more moments, then goes back to his previous activites of doing nothing much. Nathaniel continues staring at the ceiling as if it holds the meaning of life. Or something actually useful.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 07:59 PM
Evander uses his body to block the storm from Tabitha, his armour able to withstand it without too much difficulty.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 08:05 PM
Nathaniel must be thinking about something really deeply, as he doesn't seem to notice the storm, or the cries of his homunculus friend clinging on to a chair leg for dear life. Jack shouts up to him, "Help me, you idiot!"

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 08:05 PM
Maph'tey is lifted off the ground pretty well. Anyone with any real magical aptitude would notice pretty much right away that he isn't going out of his way to resist the effect at all.

He then gets rammed headlong into a wall. This may be the result of karma or, more specifically, what he did to Destro at the station the other day.

When the force dives into him he knows with a reasonable degree of certainty that his present stay at Trog's is going to come to a premature end.

"Then stop saying it and start living it."

The patrons at Trog's then get an extraordinarily bloody shower. It's very icky.

AmberVael
2007-04-07, 08:20 PM
Aesa snarls, sets his remains on fire, then her form simply crumples into ash.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 08:28 PM
The Ash Demon breaks out of dead time, summoned by the ashes. Ignoring the obnoxious vampire from before, he maneuvers over to the small ashes. He places a hand out, long fingers curling outward. His ember eyes crackle a bit of flame in his excitement. The ashes swirl upwards from the floor, assilmilating into his body with a satisfying rustle. He closes his eyes momentarily, that inhuman grin spreading across his face. Then he opens his eyes with a scowl, "No... these are empty ashes... pathetic!" Ash spews from his lips as he spits out the last word.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 08:29 PM
Rebonack is somewhat surprised Tabitha didn't respond to here friend getting killed.

>.>

Again.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 08:37 PM
((Ms Elaneous would like to remind Rebonack that Maph'tey told her he doesn't remain dead long.))

Tabitha peeks out from underneath Evander's arm, "Maph'tey? Oh, what the?!" She rolls her eyes, "That fellow gets in more trouble than I do. Luckily he's got some magical way to not die permanently."

Evander begins to brush off the bloody mess that has gotten on his armour, "He is fortunate indeed."

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 08:52 PM
Nathaniel gets showered with blood, but doesn't appear to notice. After a few moments, he looks around with a sigh, coming back to reality. Jack has made his way back on to the table, scowling. Somehow he dodged getting sprayed.

His head suddenly turns towards the Ash Demon. "You! I've been looking for you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 08:58 PM
"Unfortunately a fool of a vampire was attempting to impede me," the ash demon looks a little irritated, "I will enjoy watching him burn should he attempt it again." That frighteningly wide and jagged grin appears on his face with the idea.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 08:59 PM
Nathaniel nods. "Vampires can be like that. Very irritating. I slew one a couple days ago," he says, conversationally. "Anyway, you still in on the army?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:03 PM
"I would be pleased to watch their corpses burn, but I still must know the conditions I would be working under," the ash demon says as he listens to the rain outside the tavern with an inner cringe.

Chaotic Bob
2007-04-07, 09:09 PM
Tel pops into existance behind Rizzen just as the dead time slides off.
Church. Now.
He grabs Rizzen by the arm and drags him from the establishment.

sRizzen blinks and moves to a different spot in the rafters.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 09:10 PM
"Ah, yes. Well...conditions shall vary. You see, the country we're invading basically controls the whole planet." Nathaniel pauses. "As you can tell, this is going to be a long campaign."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:23 PM
The grin spreads, literally. His mouth appears smaller until the smile spreads across it. "That is beneficial to me. But you do not answer me adequately. Terrain, weather, opponents."

Sneak
2007-04-07, 09:26 PM
A man with messy black-streaked ginger hair and a white goatee wearing an odd dusty trenchcoat walks into the bar. He looks around, takes a seat, and orders a Sneak on the Beach.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:29 PM
Tabitha puts the kitten on her shoulder and takes the rag back out, now wiping off blood and explosion debri. Evander tries to wipe off the larger pieces of Maph'tey for her.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 09:30 PM
"Let's see..opponents, almost completely humans. There may be a number of members of the other races as well, though. Spellcasters should be limited in number. As for terrain...we will be mostly fighting in flat areas. Some mountains and more hilly areas as well, though. As for weather."

Nathaniel realizes he has no drink and makes an order to rectify this. "We'll be spending most of our time in the heart of Anglarctur, which is currently in the dry season. The words hot and dry basically cover it, though there may be the very occasional rainfall."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:41 PM
"Good... the conditions are perfect," he smirks. "What sort of aid do you require?" The ashy smoke filters down do the floorboards, sinking down through the slats.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 09:43 PM
"At the moment, I am in dire need of epsionage agents or magical support. Can you fill either of those roles? If not, I'm sure I'll still be able to find a place for you."

Sneak
2007-04-07, 09:47 PM
Sneak dies and exits stage right.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 09:50 PM
At this the demon's smile grows, "I can handle your espionage. Bring me one of their corpses. Or bring me one alive. Whichever is most convenient." It's obvious he's got some plans.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 09:53 PM
Nathaniel nods. "I'll see what I can do about that. Now, would you like to head to the camp now so I can get you on the roster, or would you prefer to take care of that later?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-07, 10:05 PM
He looks towards a window, rain drops sliding down the glass but the outside not raining anymore. The demon's eyes burn a little, "I would be willing. Come with me and we will discuss this espionage." He begins to move towards the door, spitting out a little more smoky ash at the deadtimed vampire as he passes him.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 10:07 PM
Nathaniel follows and exits through the door.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 10:19 PM
An albino gorilla with a large, metal dome taking the place of his cranium walks in, taking a seat at the bar. The dome has several antennae sticking out, and every few moments a beam of electricity will arc between two like Jacob's Ladders, causing the gorilla to twitch.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 10:27 PM
((Oo))

Maph'tey finally walks into Trog's again and takes a seat by the fire.

He also gives the ape an odd look.

"Never seen something like that before..."

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 10:30 PM
An NPC waitress walks up to the bleach-white gorilla, giving it an odd look.

"Can I...help you?"

"Yes, my lady *Zzzrt* A glass of water *ZZzzz* would be delightful."

Goodfellow
2007-04-07, 10:37 PM
"Well... gosh" Itch snaps out of dead time and looks at the Gorilla. It sounds like the begining of a bad joke, and, to be honest, Itch is suprised that it's not.

He quickly slips back into dead time.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 10:51 PM
The waitress brings the gorilla his water, which he begins to drink.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 10:56 PM
"So... ummm..." Maph'tey attempts to engadge the gorilla in small talk. He isn't making much headway thus far. "What brings you to Town?"

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 10:58 PM
The ape looks up at Maph'tey, "What *ZZZZZRRT* brings me here? I'm not *Bzzt* sure. I like to travel." He says, shrugging his massive primate shoulders.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 10:59 PM
Nathaniel walks into Trog's, inspecting the various patrons for possible usefulness in his army.

Uberblah
2007-04-07, 11:04 PM
mIshmale follows Nathaniel in also evaluating the patrons.

Rebonack
2007-04-07, 11:06 PM
Maph'tey waves at mIshmale and smiles.

"Huh... I've got to admit I enjoy to travel myself. I suppose this is a good place for people who aren't of the standard humanoid type to come since pretty much everyone is more or less welcome here."

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 11:07 PM
Nathaniel takes a seat at a table with a good view of the rest of the room.

Nevrmore
2007-04-07, 11:09 PM
"I've noticcc*Zzzzzrrt*ed." The gorilla finishes his water and sets the cup down.

Uberblah
2007-04-07, 11:33 PM
mIshmale sits next to Nathaniel before dead time attacks.

((falling asleep. must go sorry))

Chaotic Bob
2007-04-07, 11:33 PM
sRizzen silently launches the shadows of the rafters down on the tavern below in the form of raining needles. He then vanishes.

Warpfire
2007-04-07, 11:34 PM
Jack forms a wall of force above Nathaniel's head. Nathaniel looks up at the raining needles. "How odd."