PDA

View Full Version : 7th lvl Dragonborn Wizard vs a Dragon

Taejang
2015-02-24, 03:39 PM
First thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?399600-7th-lvl-Dragonborn-Ranger-vs-a-Dragon) in this two-thread series. I will play two characters in the campaign.

I'm gearing up to play Hoard of the Dragon Queen. I am not the DM, please no spoilers! I have come to the fairly logical conclusion that during the campaign, we will likely fight a dragon, probably as a final confrontation.

For roleplaying reasons, I'm a dragonborn wizard (brass dragon descent, fire resistance and line breath attack) of the Divining School. Stats 17 int, 14 wis, 14 char. I'm thinking about how to optimize this character as much as possible to fight a dragon of unknown type at level 7. I will have uncertain access to magical items, though I will be able to buy some low-level scrolls and potions, potentially enabling me to expand my spellbook. I am not multiclassing this character.

Assuming the party also contains a paladin, fighter, and a hunter ranger, what feats, spells, and non-magical gear will best maximize our dragon-killing potential?

Cantrips:
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Ray of Frost
???

Lvl 1:
Sleep
Magic Missile
Mage Armor
Witch Bolt
Find Familiar
Other rituals (like Detect Magic) as possible, for all levels, though obviously not prepared
???

Lvl 2:
Enlarge/Reduce?
Invisibility?
Levitate?
???

Lvl 3:
Haste
Fireball
Fly?
???

Lvl 4: