PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Class for...

SillyBee
2007-04-08, 08:47 PM
A ranger that specializes in fighting Undead? Checked Complete Warrior, Divine, Libris Mortis, Heroes of Horror, can't find anything. Any suggestions? Putting together a group of npc's that are undead slayers. Obviously Cleric/RSoP, Paladin/some other prc, Ranger/some other prc, Warmage/Elemental Savant.

Some help?

Galathir
2007-04-08, 08:55 PM
I believe there is a PrC "Hunter of the Dead" in Libris Mortis. I could be wrong though.\

Edit: Sorry, that was back in 3.0 Defenders of the Faith. I don't know of any others off the top of my head, although I am sure there are some.

Kultrum
2007-04-08, 08:55 PM
you could go foe hunter from masters of the wild, its 3.0 but the only thing you would need to change is there class skills (wilderness lore- survival)

at lvl 10 of foe hunter you end up with +5d6v. your favored enemy, DR 11/- v. their attacks and spell resistance 25 v. their spells

Hario
2007-04-08, 09:18 PM
Magic of Eberron has a Prc called dead grim over 5 levels you get full BAB 4/5th cleric levels, and as you go up it you slowly become almost undead while getting 2 +2 favored enemy undead, resistances and immunities and at level 5 get the ability to critical hit undead when you use a turning attempt. Very good for flavor PrC too.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-08, 09:18 PM
I believe there is a PrC "Hunter of the Dead" in Libris Mortis. I could be wrong though.\

Edit: Sorry, that was back in 3.0 Defenders of the Faith. I don't know of any others off the top of my head, although I am sure there are some.

Updated in CAdv.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-08, 09:20 PM
Complete Divine is your sourcebook. There you will find Sacred Excorcist.

JaronK
2007-04-08, 09:31 PM
Hunter of the Dead, from CompAdv, is in fact a ranger PrC for hunting undead.

JaronK

Kel_Arath
2007-04-08, 09:35 PM
ooh a cleric with hella extra turning feats XD

Jasdoif
2007-04-08, 09:58 PM
Hunter of the Dead is in Complete Warrior. Separate casting, bonus to all saves against spells/spell-like abilities cast by undead, prevent undead from coming back to haunt you again, and eventual immunity to losing levels from energy drain. Smite undead gives extra damage against undead, though at 3/day it's not on the top of the reliability list.

You'd need the ability to turn undead (as well as 5 ranks in Knowledge(religion) ) to enter the class though, something that doesn't come easily with straight ranger. A level of cloistered cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric) would give you both, but I doubt the flavor fits with a ranger. If your first level was in cleric, you could get 4 ranks in Knowledge (religon) and use two cross-class ranks from your ranger levels to get the rest.

If you're starting the campaign with the prestige class, you can tuck the level loss requirement into backstory.

SillyBee
2007-04-09, 07:27 AM
So yeah, Hunter of the Dead is in Complete Warrior. Thinking about the Paladin going for that PrC. What do you guys think?

The only other PrC I could find was the one in BoED, which gives the ranger bonus vs. ALL evil, not particularly undead. I might do a homebrew PrC based off that...I dunno.

Any other suggestions for an undead slayer party?

Ranis
2007-04-09, 07:41 AM
Check out Libris Mortis, there's a neat undead-killer PrC in there as well.