PDA

View Full Version : Original System Dedicated, Interesting healer class.

abh0rs3n
2015-03-05, 05:22 PM
This is really early, pre statting thoughts. I want to make a class (20) whose main purpose is to heal. Maybe some (heal "X" in area "Y" over time "Z")?
Some heals that give buffs to friendlies in the area and/or debuffs to enemies.
maybe some single target stuff that specifically heals enemies but then drops huge debuffs on them for a small window.

I also thought maybe use health as a casting cost, kind of like Psions PP system but with own health. Give a D12 hit dice and maybe a fast healing mechanic.

Like: heals 1 HP per 10% missing, going up by 1 per 10% every 4 levels until its "5 per 10% missing" each round.

Youd be healing lots of people, and recovering a lot of HP, so it would kind of seesaw back and forth, creating an interesting dynamic, do i wait a round to heal and be safe, or get crazily low to healbuff my team mates?

Input apppreciated.

Demidos
2015-03-05, 05:29 PM
Does this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?248122-The-Life-Disciple(3-5-Base-Class-PEACH)&p=13553743) help provide ideas/fix your need?

abh0rs3n
2015-03-05, 06:16 PM
That is interesting, and gives me some good ideas, but im uncertain about the wisps + dragon. I was thinking even more healing + de/buffs. I am also very intrested in trying to get a health as PP mechanic kind of thing working now that i've had some time to think on it. Almost ZERO combat self reliance, this would be almost unable to do a solo thing outside of RP.