BAB +4; Grp +6
Attack Unarmed +9 (1d8+2)
Full-Attack Unarmed +8/+8 (1d8+2)
Special Attacks Flurry of blows, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities Unarmed combat, evasion, emulate style, intuitive defense
Saves Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +5
Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con ~, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 15
Skills Jump +11, Listen +12, Sense Motive +12, Spot +12
Feats Improved InitiativeB, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (unarmed), Lightning Reflexes
Environment Any lawful plane
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating 6
Alignment Always lawful neutral
Advancement 7-18 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment ?

Unarmed Combat (Ex): As the monk ability of the same name.
Flurry of Blows (Ex): As the monk ability of the same name.
Evasion (Ex): As the monk ability of the same name.
Emulate Style (Ex): When facing a monk, the stoakut can mimic the bonus feats they receive as class features and the special ability they receive from their style (if any).
Intuitive Defense (Ex): A stoakut adds its Wisdom bonus to its AC.
Spell-like Abilities: The stoakut has the following spell-like abilities, usable at CL 6.
At will – feather fall; 1/day - fly, 1/week – atonement, lesser geas

This creature looks like a red-skinned humanoid made up of mechanical parts, a simple brown monk's outfit covering most of its body. Its eyes, two perfectly-cut emeralds, are hard and emotionless.

Stoakuts are a highly specialized variety of inevitable that track down those who have transgressed against their own personal codes. Monks are by far the most common among their targets.

In ages past, the great monks of the Whisper Wind Mountains lived by the One True Way, a life dedicated to self-mastery, order, and devotion. As they honed their minds, bodies, and spirits to perfection, they reached closer to nirvana.

All of that changed when the monks accepted into their custody a young student by the name of Fang Shu. The student constantly challenged the ways of the monks, bringing disloyalty and dissidence to the group.

A Master Sensei by the name of Lao Domi saw through the charade and into the evil that masqueraded as the student. By the time Lao was able to convince any of the other masters, a great deal of his students and even some of his fellow masters had fled the mountain-top monastery to wreak chaos on the land below them.

As the masters moved to confront the young student possessed of evil, they saw that something had beaten them to it, a Kolyarut. The boy possessed of evil eventually defeated the Kolyarut, but was then set upon by the master senseis. In a second climatic battle, the masters defeated the evil, and purged it from young Fang Shu.

The evil was gone, but the battle had destroyed the boy’s body. His spirit longed for life, and found its way into the disabled inevitable. The transformation of the being was slight, its armor collapsed from its body as well as the blade. The new inevitable, dubbed Stoakut by the masters, did not parley. It immediately began to track down the monks who had fallen to chaos.

Several years later, when the Stoakut was called back to Mechanus for reprogramming, the masters of that plane found the model so efficient that they duplicated it. The original Stoakut is rumored to still be wandering the world in its never-ending quest to punish those who break their personal codes.

Zeta Kai
2007-04-09, 08:37 PM
Why not ex-paladins? They usually transgress more against their vows (& have a better OOC reason to do so).

I like it rule-wise, but there's no fluff to make it truly interesting. What does it even look like? I'm going to wait to vote on this one until later, on the assumption that more it to come.

Icewalker
2007-04-09, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I'd let emulate style work on any class that can lose their class features due to breaking their own code. That'd be cool

I'm with Zeta Kai on this one, gotta wait for more.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-09, 08:44 PM
Well, the way I think of it, the paladin's code is more of a contract-type agreement between the pally and his deity.

Nebo_
2007-04-09, 08:52 PM
Looks good, I was expecting more flavour text to go with it though.

Matthew
2007-04-11, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I think I would like more flavour text. These guys are really fast, is that to keep up with Monks? There's also a typo in there, Improved InitiativeB.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-11, 07:35 PM
Yes, they're fast so they can keep up with monks.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 01:42 PM
Fluff added, courtesy of Tormskull.

Danu
2007-04-13, 05:20 PM
Um... unless it has the living subtype, constructs are generally immune to most spells of the Enchantment school. They're immune to mind-affecting effects, so which Enchantment spells do they need a +2 bonus against?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 05:27 PM
>.< Thank you for reminding me of that.

Matthew
2007-04-13, 09:42 PM
Nice fluff. Good work. I think you 'wreak chaos', rather than 'wreck it', though.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-13, 09:50 PM
I can't take credit for the fluff; that goes to Tormsskull. I will now fix his error in word choice.

StickMan
2007-04-14, 03:57 PM
I like it.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-24, 08:02 AM
Bumping...