PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion II

Pages : 1 [2]

Zar Peter
2007-05-18, 01:42 PM
Zar Peter hurries to the hole and looks at the undead undead slayer.

Oh, dear, what happend with you sir? I think you need a clerik.
Zar Peter points at Rumda.
There is one, sir. But first I have to get you out of this hole. Here, take my walking stick and try to climb out.

Shadow
2007-05-18, 01:45 PM
Shadow climbs out of the hole with Zar Peter's assistance and rushes over to Rumda.
"Sir. I heard that you were a cleric. Can you help me? I'm ot sure what's happening."

Castaras
2007-05-18, 01:47 PM
The undead kitten mews and scrambles out of the hole. It trots after its friend, the undead slayer, tail lashing. Why won't its newly found human zombie stay in one place?

Alarra
2007-05-18, 01:59 PM

Zar Peter points at Helgraf.
There is one, sir. But first I have to get you out of this hole. Here, take my walking stick and try to climb out.

psst...Helgraf's dead already sweetie. Try again.

Helgraf
2007-05-18, 02:00 PM

Zar Peter points at Helgraf.

*Helgraf's dead body hangs in the breeze, swaying on its noose, dead since day 2 - there'll be no clerical aid forthcoming from here*

Zar Peter
2007-05-18, 05:34 PM
*Helgraf's dead body hangs in the breeze, swaying on its noose, dead since day 2 - there'll be no clerical aid forthcoming from here*

Little confused, sorry :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-20, 08:52 AM
:smallsigh:

We're going to need a little participation for this to work. I'll give you guys another day to get busy and start throwing each other under proverbial busses.

Supagoof
2007-05-21, 12:03 PM
*pokes thread to see if he can others to point....re-awaken the thread.*

Alarra
2007-05-21, 12:09 PM
Yes, okay. Someone must be blamed.

*Alarra gestures at Hyramgraff

janusnori
2007-05-21, 12:12 PM
Hmmm I guess I'll point at Hyramgraff... cause I can't find my spreadsheet right now....

Selrahc
2007-05-21, 01:27 PM
Points at Hyramgraff

Alarra
2007-05-21, 01:33 PM
Alarra, not really thinking that Hyramgraff is a rebel, and annoyed that people keep following her lead, switches her vote to Zar Peter.

HyramGraff
2007-05-21, 02:20 PM
I really don't want to be lynched. I will point at Selrahc because he didn't even state why he is pointing at me.

Selrahc
2007-05-21, 04:31 PM
((Cause I'm busy right now and am not really paying attention to the SMBGs. But I got a PM saying the game needed people to come and vote, so I did.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-21, 06:10 PM
And here I was about to give up on this actually restarting. :smalltongue:

We still have less than 50% at the polls though. Come on, folks, let's get those fingers working. :smallcool:

Orzel
2007-05-22, 04:45 AM
Orzel sends for another messenger. A mature blonde female point to Zar Peter before moving to her master.

Shadow
2007-05-22, 02:10 PM
While waiting for Rumda to reply, the newly zombiefied undead slayer approaches Alarra with drool falling from his lips.
"Preeeettttttyyy Meeeeeeaaaall."

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-22, 06:04 PM
Just a note. This will be the last 12 hours for this day. Get your pointing done!

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 08:16 PM
Warpfire jumps in and points at HyramGraff.

pingcode20
2007-05-23, 02:20 AM
*Points @ HyramGraff

DarkLightDragon
2007-05-23, 03:27 AM
*point at HyramGraff*

Rumda
2007-05-23, 05:46 AM
the undead curse is spreading all we can do now is prevent it taking any more lives, you hyramgraff whats are your opinion on the matter?

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-23, 07:40 AM
The day is over.

Vonriel should be updating shortly with the death scene. We managed to get 16 votes tallied out of 24 still alive. Not as many as I was originally hoping for but more than I was afraid we were going to get. Thanks to everyone who came back.

In the meantime, feel free to PM your night actions to Vonriel and me. If we get them all early we'll end night early and get back to the pointing.

The following people are now in danger of being auto lynched...
evnafets
hivemind ghost
Joosbawx
Kirtie
Krursk
Strategos
Xaspian
ZeroNumerous

Vonriel
2007-05-23, 09:23 AM
Both the nobles and the peasants are in agreement on who to have killed, and the lynch mob finds Hyramgraff's house and breaks in the door, before dragging him out into the street.

The crowd gathers closer around him, with blood on their minds. Shouts of "Rebel!" ring throughout the mob. Standing his ground, he draws his sword and warns everyone that he will use it should they continue. Not caring, the front line of NPCs surges forward to take him into custody. He efficiently cuts them down, before someone behind him hits him over the head with a rock, knocking him out. The mob drags him to the guillotine, where he awakens, and starts pleading with the crowd to let him live.

The blade drops and his head falls into the basket, as the crowd cheers at having killed who they thought a rebel. A search of the dead body, and, more importantly, his blade, shows two separate crests of the imperial guard.

[hr]
Summary: Hyramgraff was lynched, he was a Loyalist member of the Imperial Guard.

Night begins and ends sometime May 23. Please send in nightly actions to both Zeb and myself. And thanks to everyone who has come in to post so far.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-23, 09:37 AM
*The llambie pushes his way through the crowd to munch on the tasty tasty severed head.*

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-24, 08:35 AM
Night 5 Ends

The following was submitted by the Rebels.

Javert is sneaking around the twilight hours. He is approach by a man in a mask.

What are you doing sir? Javert asks.

What are YOU doing sir? the man replies.

I asked first.

I asked first.

No you didn't.

No you didn't.

Are you to repeat everything I say?

Are YOU to repeat everything I say?

I am not playing.

I AM not playing.

You are just being rude.

You are just being rude.

I am not.

I am not.

Javert gets an idea....

I'm a big doodoo head.

You're a big doodoo head.

You're a big doodoo head.

No I am not.

No I am not.

Hey, no fair switching sides.

Hey, no fair switching sides.

I am a rebel and this morning I prepared explosive runes.

I am a rebel and this morning I prepared explosive rune....

A sound of a large explosion sound through the street. In the morning, all the people find are parts of Javert.
Upon searching the body (parts) the citizens find a Certified Heraldry, a Notebook, and an Imperial Coin.

((For future reference, the Certified Heraldry identifies a Noble and the Imperial Coin identifies a Loyalist.))

Summary: Lord Iames Osari was killed by the Rebels. He was a Loyalist Noble and was the Court Investigator.

Day 6 begins and will end Saturday at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (48 hours).

As a reminder, the following people need to point at someone or be autolynched.
evnafets
hivemind ghost
Joosbawx
Kirtie
Krursk
Strategos
Xaspian
ZeroNumerous

Castaras
2007-05-24, 10:01 AM
The undead kitten wakes up, mewing softly. It watches the crowd gathering to view the pieces of Javert. It crawls over to one of the smaller pieces, sniffing it cautiously. After a thoughtful lick, the undead kitten slowly gobbles up the body piece.

Supagoof
2007-05-24, 10:38 AM
Supagoof glances at the scattered remains, and seeing the undead cat eating upon them, he decides to put forth his thoughts, in his usual way of song...

((To the tune of A Horse With No Name by America))

On the first part of the game I was singing about all the life
There were plants and birds and rocks and things
There were guards and nobles and kings
The first thing I heard was a llama talking
And he asked to change my vote
After three days thinking while there narrator had left
I agreed and did not point the same again,
It made me sad to think the cat could be dead

You see she’s made up the dessert for a llama zombie
And turned someone the next day,
After the dessert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no thoughts and you can’t feel no pain (and the zombies go)
Mwah, mwah, m-wah, m-wah, mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah
Mwah, mwah, m-wah, m-wah, mwah, mwah, mwah

After yesterdays lynching I knew what to do 'cause the dessert had been poisoned
For his talking, the llama led me astray,
So we must being to point at him,
The rebels pass the dessert with their life underground
And a perfect disguise above
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the living will give no love

You see she’s made up the dessert for a llama zombie
And turned someone the very next day,
Mwah, mwah, m-wah, m-wah, mwah, mwah, mwah, [/music]

((Out of game, I was speaking with Atreyu who asked me to remove my point from Castaras days back and point to HyramGraff. He said Hyram had told him that he was a gaurd. I asked why should we point at someone who told you he was a gaurd, and Atreyu replied that he'd rather have fun in the game. This led me to thinking that under the "cover" of having fun, he may be a rebel, because killing a gaurd is only to the rebels advantage. I also wonder now with another noble killed, if some how the rebels have gained the trust of the nobles, and since Atreyu is the friendliest here, it would be easy for him to gain such trust. Look at the death, a good % of them have been nobles - so either the rebels are lucky or someone walking amongst them is a traitor. I'm pointing at you Llama - for your "Benidict Arnold" actions of knowing a role, and telling me to point at said person. Explain yourself.:smallconfused: ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-24, 11:23 AM
(Nothing to explain, lad. Everything you said about Castaras is true. Of course, there are some interesting way to look at this.)

(you've been pushing the theory of "The zombies are all rebels, and they are all goofing off together" which makes little sense. Why would rebels do that?
however, I know rebel/wolves love to make lists to get the villagers to follow *grins*)

(And you did go along with the plan to lynch an admitted guardsman. Also, I never said I knew. I informed you that he had told me he was a guardsman. But I'm gullible. Ask Alarra. I'll believe anything.)

(and nice song :smallwink: )

Alarra
2007-05-24, 11:34 AM
Alarra looks sadly over the remains of the investigator, suddenly realizing that there is a zombie still staring at her and thinking of eating her, she eeps in surprise and scurries off back to her home. Pausing only briefly to point at Selrahc

(Good logic Goof, but....I believe llama, he's fuzzy, even undead. Selrahc quickly followed the bandwagon against Hyramgraff without stating a reason. So that is why I shall point at him, for the moment.)

Supagoof
2007-05-24, 11:54 AM
(Nothing to explain, lad. Everything you said about Castaras is true. Of course, there are some interesting way to look at this.)(I never said anything about Castaras other then I think that she, and you, and other zombies are rebels)

(you've been pushing the theory of "The zombies are all rebels, and they are all goofing off together" which makes little sense. Why would rebels do that?
however, I know rebel/wolves love to make lists to get the villagers to follow *grins*) (Trust me, I know something of goofing off. :smalltongue: So now are you trying to hide the speculation, sweep it under the rug?

And whose to say all the rebels are playing along. For all we know there could be more rebels then zombies.

Though what I have is a losely strung together hypothesis, it may or may not be that way. I give the odds about 60% that I'm right. I'm simply following the suggestion Helgraf placed before us - before he was lynched that day by the peasants - that the zombie is some sort of code. It's possible that his suggestion hit too close to home, hence the votes from rebels and other unaware peasants that day to lynch him.

Now that I've come forward with it, "pushing" it as you say, are you trying to twist so another gets lynched like Helgraf did?)

(And you did go along with the plan to lynch an admitted guardsman. Also, I never said I knew. I informed you that he had told me he was a guardsman. But I'm gullible. Ask Alarra. I'll believe anything.) (Yeah, you also caught me off gaurd with that, considering you're catch phrase is "I'll tell you no ones story but your own", but then you tell me the story of Hyram and another, telling you that they. I figured I'd wait it out, see why you'd share that info. Certainly, I dropped my finger from Castaras, but note that I did not point at Hyram, I pointed at you. I may be right, and I may be wrong, but with the loss of our noble investigator, if I don't speak up now then all may be lost.)

(and nice song :smallwink: )
(Thanks! I've been working with it since the whole desert/dessert thing in YOW.)

Castaras
2007-05-24, 12:08 PM
(( *shrugs*

If you think I'm a rebel, you think I'm a rebel.

Only one defence I have is my word.

Which probably won't be enough, if someone started a bandwagon against me.

Eh well. That's life. ))

The kitten swats at the scary OOC voices in front of it, and after these OOC voices see an even scarier sight, they run away, into the dark. Satisfied that the OOC voices were gone, the kitten returned to its breakfast.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-24, 12:16 PM
(60% sure I'm a rebel, eh goof? i'll wager you 10 gold pieces in YOW II that I'm not and If you're right, I promise you any role you desire in Pirates III.)

*The llambie bleats happily as it finds bits of the investigator. He munches down.*

*The peasants watch out the window at their creation.* "umm....shouldn't they have killed that thing by now?"

Supagoof
2007-05-24, 12:35 PM
((10 gold pieces vs. any role I choose. Narrator betting, intriguing. Allright, I feel that my chances are better then a coin flip. You're on.))

Shadow
2007-05-24, 12:39 PM
The undead dead undead slayer follows Alarra towards her home. Shambling past the OOC conversation, the traveller comes to his senses for a moment.
Addressing Supagoof, the slayer says "I'm sorry sir, but I still don't know what these rebels are that you're speaking of. Are we in the midst of a civil war or something? I had though that all these deaths were the result of the Zombie infestation.
Consider for a moment. We have to start--"
Losing his control in the presence of such warm and tasty flesh, the slayer grabs Supagoof and takes a chunk out of his arm.
He continues to shamble towards Alarra's house while chewing on the goofy snack.
"Cuuuum baaaacckkk, prreeettttyy meeeeaaalll."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-24, 12:40 PM
(hehehe....you're the best, Goof. You're wrong, but you're the best.)

(its for the best, really, I am getting ready to go on vacation and iddn't want to get auto-lynched. I do fear that I may have killed the one I am smitten with (in game) though. I sent a PM to someone I think is a rebel asking her to change her vote before I remembered I suspected she was a rebel. Ah well, since the village will lynch me, I suppose it loses the 2 for 1 effect and my betrothed is in less danger.)

Alarra
2007-05-24, 12:43 PM
(Now wait just a minute here, you can't give away pirate's roles....at least not without umm....the consent of all the narrators?)

Alarra sees the zombie outside and locks all her doors.

Supagoof
2007-05-24, 12:48 PM
Ow! Sunova...what the heck. Hey, that's my playing arm.

Supagoof strums his lute, but this time it seems a bit off key.

Dangit anyhow, where'd that cleric get off too?

((Castaras, I am suspect of the zombies and only going on my thoughts. Atreyu did openly tell me that Hyram was a guard and asked me to point at him, so I'm 60% sure on him, but rougly 30% sure on you other zombies, but now that I've been bitten, well crap that's like adding chemical X into the mix, what's your game Shadow....I'm sticking to my original guns though.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-24, 12:58 PM
(M'Lady, I may wager the very moon if I have no chance of losing the bet. My death will make me a rich man. I turned down the recruitment offer. I tire of being the bad guy. )

Alarra
2007-05-24, 01:02 PM
(You turned down a recruitment offer? hmm...interesting....*looks back through posts*)

Castaras
2007-05-24, 01:06 PM
(( I see. Fair enough. ))

The kitten finishes off its meal, and trots off down the street, randomly pointing at ZeroNumerous, simply because she wasn't sure whether he would be autolynched or not.

Zar Peter
2007-05-24, 02:04 PM
My thinkings:
Lord Iames was the noble investigator.
He pointed at Joosbawx yesterday.
[Insert neat username here] pointed just afterwards. Maybe he knew the role of Lord Iames.
Atreyu pointed at [Insert neat username here].
I would be surprised if all the rebells are undead but it could be.
So I trust Supagoof for this day.
Zar Peter points at Atreyu
(I just want to see if Supagoof is right)

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-25, 04:12 PM
Don't finger to exercise your fingers for the weekend. Only 5 people have pointed so far.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-25, 05:05 PM
*The llama points at Supagoof because anyone so wasteful with his money couldn't be a noble.*

(if I somehow make it through the night, I would like autolynch immunity until I return from florida)

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-25, 05:33 PM
(if I somehow make it through the night, I would like autolynch immunity until I return from florida)So noted, Llama.

evnafets
2007-05-25, 05:34 PM
evnafets points at the Llama

A reason? How about avoiding auto-lynch?
Ummmm. I know! The Llama is acting suspicious because he's not pointing at Exachix :smallbiggrin: .

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-26, 12:00 PM
Quick End of Day Update:

There was a lack of concensus due to lack of voting (only seven people even pointed and no target got 25% of the vote).

However the following people were all autolynched -

Hivemind Ghost
Joosbawx
Kirtie
Krursk
Strategos
Xaspian
ZeroNumerous

Among the autolynched were the following roles -

Curious Peasant
Drunkard
Imperial Guard
The Emperor

Those with night actions should PM them to me and Vonriel as soon as possible. Night will end at Noon eastern time tomorrow.

Castaras
2007-05-26, 12:20 PM
(( *sigh*

Four good roles gone...

Probably because of the narrator change, but still. People who are still in, POINT TOMORROW!

Thank you. ))

Vonriel
2007-05-26, 01:24 PM
((Heh, sorry for the delay, I was busy.))

Evening starts to fall, and the accusations fly literally in every direction, with nobody gathering the required amount of votes to be lynched. In light of this, the emperor called a special meeting, to discuss the day's events, reiterate the need to lynch the rebels, and in general to gain more favor in the eyes of the citizenry so they would be more likely to stay on his side than join the rebels.

The hall grew oppressively warm, and everything was deadly silent. It just kept getting hotter, until someone spotted the first flames. Crying out, everyone starts to jostle each other, panic stricken, trying to reach the exit before the fire - which were spreading fast due to the dry spell - consumed them all. The emperor's podium was the first to go, and an imperial guardsman who tried to protect his lord went with him. One peasant, passed out in a drunken stupor, just lay there as the flames licked their way across the floor towards him. Not even realizing the danger he was in, the alcohol he had on him combusted, and he died without even realizing he was on fire. The rest of the crowd, spurred on by their own panic and those dying to the fire behind them, begin to trample underfoot those who weren't fortunate enough to keep their feet. A rather curious looking peasant was among those pushed down and trampled as they struggled to get outside. Not long after everyone got outside, the flames consumed the rest of the supports and the building collapsed.

[hr]

Summary: See Zeb's list for the names and roles lost.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-26, 03:23 PM
By request, here is a list of remaining players.

Alarra
Atreyu
Castaras
DarkLightDragon*
evnafets
[Insert Neat Username Here]*
Janusnori*
Orzel*
Pingcode20*
Rumda*
Selrahc*
Shadow
Supagoof
Warpfire777*
Zar Peter

*indicates people who did not piont yesterday

Orzel
2007-05-27, 05:10 AM
Orzel returns to his home with 3 of his messengers: the young woman, the old blonde, and the thin lad. The skinny boy points at Zar Peter before opening the door for his employer,

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-27, 05:12 AM
In the morning, a crowd starts to gather in the square. In the night, there had been a lot of activity. With the death of the Emperor, a new Emperor had to be appointed. Because of the rebellion, the Emperor had kept the name of the heir a secret even to the fellow Nobles and the populace was now curious to see who it would turn out to be.

It was an odd gathering, this one, because Noble and Peasant alike were present and curious to see who would be taking the mantle. No one could remember the last time a coronation had taken place. The peasants were all gathered about on one side of the courtyard. Some were whispering and speculating who was going to be raising their taxes next. Others were too busy enjoying the celebration to care, dubious that there would be much difference and they should enjoy the party. The Nobles were present on the other side of the court, dressed in their finery for the first time since the troubles began.

Late in the morning, a bold young man steps up onto the dais and bellows for everyone to quiet down so that the proceedings can begin. Instantly the hatter and clang dies down to a dull murmur. Who would it be? What would they have to say? Before much more talk has any time to get going, a sickly kitten comes onto stage and sits atop the ceremonial throne. The young man bows deeply as he backs to the edge of the stage.

The murmur turns to eery silence as everyone just stares, dumbfounded and bewildered, at the zombie kitten makes a few laps around the seat and then turns to face the crowd with a spark of intelligence unexpected from the frail feline.

Meow. Mow meuw mow meow.
Mewl <purr> mow mewl.

Meow Meow Meow Meow
Meow Meow Meow Meow
Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow
(so good, cats ask for it by name!)

The mewling starts to take the form of understandable speech...

My people, the rein of my uncle, The Invisible Emperor, is at an end. No longer will you be subjected to law making and taxation by a ruler who knows you not. I promise to bring in a new era of transparency in leadership and cooperation between the classes...

The rest of the speech went on for four hours, as leaders are prone to do. The audience stood in rapt attention for its entirety. At the end of the speech there was a brief moment of silence as the audience came to the realization that it was over. The applause was lead by Supagoof, but most of the rest fo the audience quickly followed.

The party lasted for three straight days and there were no further murders in
the middle of the night.

Summary: The Rebels have won by placing a Rebel Heir on the throne.
Special Conditions victories: The Heir has succeeded the Emperor and her alignment won.

Here is a list of roles as Vonriel and I knew them...

{table="head;width=40em"]{colsp=3}
Alive
Alarra|Peasant|Rebel Soldier
Atreyu|Noble|Selrahc's Consort
Castaras|Noble|Heir, recruited by Rebels
DarkLightDragon|Peasant
Evnafets|Peasant|Rumda's Lover, recruited by Rebels
[INUH]|Peasant|Warpfire777's Lover
Janusnori|Peasant
Orzel|Peasant
Pingcode20|Peasant
Rumda|Peasant|Evnafets's Lover
Selrahc|Noble
Shadow|Peasant|Rebel Spy
Supagoof|Peasant|Rebel Leader
Warpfire777|Peasant|[INUH]'s Lover
Zar Peter|Noble|Captain of the Guard*[/table]

{table=head;width=40em]{colsp=3}
Dead
Akaziel|Noble|Imperial Guardsmen
Captain van der Decken|Peasant
Dakmor|Noble|Imperial Guard
Eldritch Knight|Unknown
Gnome Barbarian|Noble|Imperial Guard
Helgraf|Noble| Orzel's Consort
Hyramgraff|Noble|Imperial Guard
Lord Iames Osari|Noble|Court Investigator
Hivemind Ghost|Unknown
Joosbawx|Unknown
Kirtie|Unknown
Krusk|Unknown
strategos|Peasant
Xaspian|Unknown
ZeroNumerous|Peasant|Curious Peasant*[/table]

*These two roles were reassigned because the original role holders never came forward and we didn't want to leave the Loyalists minus a Seer and a Baner at the time of the restart.

Castaras
2007-05-27, 06:23 AM
The zombie kitten nods regally to the audience, and turns to a nearby servant.

Mew!

As you wish, m'lady.

Very quickly, a large, golden, ornate bowl of cream gets brought up to the throne, gently put in front of it, the servants bowing and moving away. The kitten jumps down and starts lapping up the cream, rotting tail twitching slightly.

(( Good game people. Pity about the narrator switch, and overload in autolynching, but still a good game. Fun to roleplay in. :smallbiggrin: ))

Shadow
2007-05-27, 12:16 PM
The zombie undead slayer approaches his new Emperess/Master with the remains of the previous Emperor for the Kitten to nibble on.
"It appears that we've done just fine, maaaaster.
Congradulations are in order. Thank you for seeing the wisdom in our alternative to death."
The slayer shakes hs head for a moment, his eyes blank and confused.
"Die you unclean beast! Back to the depths of hell with you!"
He draws his blade and poises to rid the world of the new Emperor.
His eyes glaze over for a moment.

He strikes.

At his own arm. Hacking the limb off just below the elbow, he picks it up and presents it to the undead kitten.
"Muuuust noooott kiiiiillll maaaaasster. Muuuust feeeeed maaaaster."

Saluting towards Supagoof, Alarra and evnafets with his remaining good arm, he sits down and pets the Emperess kitten with his only hand.

Castaras
2007-05-27, 12:18 PM
The kitten purrs, and starts gobbling up the old emperor, happy with all the attention it is getting.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-05-27, 11:17 PM
Well, I'm finally back. Fortunately, I made it to the end without being autolynched, unlike in one of my games, and my side won.:smallbiggrin: . . . I think. Playing in 5 games and then taking a break for a week or so due to a heavy workload tends to confuse me.:smallredface:

HyramGraff
2007-05-28, 12:32 AM
So, who was the emperor? Or did that person never return with their role?

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-28, 12:41 AM
I have no idea. But since all of the people who didn't tell me their roles were autolynched on the same day, it must have been one of them.

Helgraf
2007-05-28, 02:10 AM
In the morning, a crowd starts to gather in the square. In the night, there had been a lot of activity. With the death of the Emperor, a new Emperor had to be appointed. Because of the rebellion, the Emperor had kept the name of the heir a secret even to the fellow Nobles and the populace was now curious to see who it would turn out to be.

It was an odd gathering, this one, because Noble and Peasant alike were present and curious to see who would be taking the mantle. No one could remember the last time a coronation had taken place. The peasants were all gathered about on one side of the courtyard. Some were whispering and speculating who was going to be raising their taxes next. Others were too busy enjoying the celebration to care, dubious that there would be much difference and they should enjoy the party. The Nobles were present on the other side of the court, dressed in their finery for the first time since the troubles began.

Late in the morning, a bold young man steps up onto the dais and bellows for everyone to quiet down so that the proceedings can begin. Instantly the hatter and clang dies down to a dull murmur. Who would it be? What would they have to say? Before much more talk has any time to get going, a sickly kitten comes onto stage and sits atop the ceremonial throne. The young man bows deeply as he backs to the edge of the stage.

The murmur turns to eery silence as everyone just stares, dumbfounded and bewildered, at the zombie kitten makes a few laps around the seat and then turns to face the crowd with a spark of intelligence unexpected from the frail feline.

The mewling starts to take the form of understandable speech...

The rest of the speech went on for four hours, as leaders are prone to do. The audience stood in rapt attention for its entirety. At the end of the speech there was a brief moment of silence as the audience came to the realization that it was over. The applause was lead by Supagoof, but most of the rest fo the audience quickly followed.

The party lasted for three straight days and there were no further murders in
the middle of the night.

Summary: The Rebels have won by placing a Rebel Heir on the throne.
Special Conditions victories: The Heir has succeeded the Emperor and her alignment won.

Here is a list of roles as Vonriel and I knew them...

{table="head;width=40em"]{colsp=3}
Alive
Alarra|Peasant|Rebel Soldier
Atreyu|Noble|Selrahc's Consort
Castaras|Noble|Heir, recruited by Rebels
DarkLightDragon|Peasant
Evnafets|Peasant|Rumda's Lover, recruited by Rebels
[INUH]|Peasant|Warpfire777's Lover
Janusnori|Peasant
Orzel|Peasant
Pingcode20|Peasant
Rumda|Peasant|Evnafets's Lover
Selrahc|Noble
Shadow|Peasant|Rebel Spy
Supagoof|Peasant|Rebel Leader
Warpfire777|Peasant|[INUH]'s Lover
Zar Peter|Noble|Captain of the Guard*[/table]

{table=head;width=40em]{colsp=3}
Dead
Akaziel|Noble|Imperial Guardsmen
Captain van der Decken|Peasant
Dakmor|Noble|Imperial Guard
Eldritch Knight|Unknown
Gnome Barbarian|Noble|Imperial Guard
Helgraf|Noble| Orzel's Consort
Hyramgraff|Noble|Imperial Guard
Lord Iames Osari|Noble|Court Investigator
Hivemind Ghost|Unknown
Joosbawx|Unknown
Kirtie|Unknown
Krusk|Unknown
strategos|Peasant
Xaspian|Unknown
ZeroNumerous|Peasant|Curious Peasant*[/table]

*These two roles were reassigned because the original role holders never came forward and we didn't want to leave the Loyalists minus a Seer and a Baner at the time of the restart.

Erm, how could I be a Noble's Consort, when my "Consort" was a Peasant?

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-28, 05:20 AM
Erm, how could I be a Noble's Consort, when my "Consort" was a Peasant?Well, I've already deleted the PM's I got about the roles people had, so I can't say with any certainty which one I mis-transcribed, but it was probably Orzel's.

The way things worked out, though, it's not an error that would have made any difference in the outcome.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-29, 03:54 AM
Let's say, for the sake of discussion, that someone (like me) wanted to run another iteration of this game. What would you like to see done differently (aside from the vanishing narrator of course)?

Some things that occur to me right off the bat are -

I would have the Consort relationship work the same as the Lovers relationship.

Barring an exceptionally large sign up, I would only have one pair each of Consorts and Lovers.

I would include the Captain of the Guard on the Imperial Guardsmen PM (as near as I can tell, they didn't know who he was nor he they).

Other things to consider -

I kind of like the idea of a three-strikes rule as opposed to the twice-in-a-row rule for autolynching, meaning that instead of being able to get away with only voting every other "day" you could only miss three votes total.

What do people think about Loyalists not being able to determine a Rebel's role?

What do people think about the fact that Loyalists had (theoretically) two seers?

Castaras
2007-05-29, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't include the captain of the guard with the masons.

That's essentially letting the masons know who the baner is, meaning a nice large voting block near the end of the game. That's what happened in Rebellion I, which is why Ikari changed the setting to make the captain not know the masons, and vice versa.

The seers thing is balanced out with the peasants and the nobles having to get a 50% vote majority to be able to lynch people, although I agree that two seers on one side, and one seer on the other may be a bit much. Maybe make the chance of a correct scry to 75% for the two seers on one side, maybe?

Although the rebels won both games. That's another thing to consider.

Three strikes rule sounds good. Means that rebels can't just sit back and vote every other day.

Consort thing sounds much better than before, meaning two pairs of lovers.

Fun game overall.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-29, 04:20 AM
Those are some good points, Cas. Okay, how about this for the CotG (which is kind of where I was thinking anyway) since the Emperor can't be killed while there are Guardsmen alive, should the CotG count for that as well? My thought is yes.

I also think the two seers thing is balanced by the fact that both can be recruited. I think the odds against all three scriers being Rebels is sufficiently high to not be a concern at this point. Alternatively, it could be done so that there is only one seer while the fool is a peasant who thinks he's a noble and the Court Investigator and neither can be recruited.

Supagoof
2007-05-29, 08:58 AM
Supagoof approaches the stage and kneels before the kitten.

My lute, Emperess, is at your command. May you lead our people to prosperity.

.....You see she’s made up a dessert for a llama zombie
And we turned her the very next day,
Mwah, mwah, m-wah, m-wah, mwah, mwah, mwah

((Dangit! I needed just one more night. I would have turned the Llama, and then won the bet. :smallamused:

Yay us. Thank you to Shadow and Alarra for brilliantly playing your roles.

As for the gameplay, Castaras has some excellent points. I think it helped us rebels a lot with the auto-lynching and also a lucky scry the night before to determine Cas was the heir, the converted her at the same time the emperor gets the autolynch.

The peasent and noble scries are impared. Sure, they can scry someone, but the only get the allignment of that person, not their role, so that hinders them. Plus, they would see the rebel leader as noble everytime, so that also is a hinderance. Include with that the peasant fool....and I don't think those need changing. Remember, the Rebels can grow in sizes, which we did, so that's advantage rebels.

Maybe making it so that certain people can't be converted? Like the noble spy, the baner, and the masons. Cobra had them as a high probability of not being converted, but say change that to 0% probability?

As for the three strikes, I'm all for it, as if you are here to play, then you should play - You will notice however that we really didn't sit back as rebels, we voted pretty much everyday.

Maybe another round with little adjustment to the rules would be better to gauge changes off of. A round without the interuption of a missing narrator and so many autolynches due to such.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-29, 10:10 AM
Maybe another round with little adjustment to the rules would be better to gauge changes off of. A round without the interuption of a missing narrator and so many autolynches due to such.))I think I'd like to run another one, but I've noticed that recruitment has been a bit weak lately so maybe I'll wait a bit.

Supagoof
2007-05-29, 11:05 AM
Summer, Summer, Summertime....

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-03, 08:58 AM
Wow! THe llambie made it through the entire game and one of my little zombies sits on the throne. CUTE!!!

and I won the bet, too!

*happy llama dance*

but my side lost...so I should be sad, but I bet I can get a great job in the new Empire.

I want rebellion III to have a fight against the zombies theme.