PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Feat: Chain Attack (PEACH)

Maquise
2015-03-23, 12:40 PM
I was looking at the Swashbuckler hybrid class, and really liked it, though I noticed that once again, it seemed to have mobility issues; being unable to Full Attack and Move sorta takes it down a peg. So I decided to think of a way to improve this aside the usual Pounce Attack route.

Chain Attack
Prerequisites: BAB +6

Special: When attacking as part of a Standard Attack, if the first Attack roll is a success, you may make the next Attack you have available as a Free Action. You may continue attempting to make any Attack rolls you have available as long as the previous roll was a hit.

Normal: As a Standard Action, you may only make one Attack Roll.

Improved Chain Attack

Prerequisites: BAB +11, Chain Attack

Special: When making use of the Chain Attack feat, you may make one additional Chain Attack at -2 your full BAB, once you have made all of the attacks allowed by your BAB.

Looking for ideas for Greater Chain Attack

abh0rs3n
2015-03-24, 05:08 PM
When you can first take the feat, you don't actually have any extra attacks, so maybe a +6 BAB requirement would work better, definitely in the sense of following other BAB specific feat paths.

The next level of feat makes more sense, assuming your following the above theory of other BAB feat chains, at BAB +11.

Also, allowing for each attack to be used as a free action opens some incredibly versatile movement options during your turn, and the use of a swift/immediate action to do something else crazy instead of moevement.

Maybe make it a 5 foot step, or up to 10 feet between attacks at early levels?

also seeing as you only have two attacks at BAB +6, you could make the initial feat allow for the extra attack to be made as a swift/immediate action?

Then the greater part of the feat chain could allow for total versatility through attacks as a free action. at BAB +16 of course.

Naoki00_
2015-03-24, 05:56 PM
I really like the idea of this one and I agree with abh0rs3n about it being +6 BAB so you can start using that extra attack immediately.

I do have a question though, how exactly would this interact with the Cleave and Vital Strike feats?

abh0rs3n
2015-03-24, 06:31 PM
Seeing as how cleave is used in and of itself, not as an addition to your iterative attacks, using this would disallow use of cleave in terms of RAW, as they are both used as a standard action.

likewise, vital strike as far as i am aware uses a single attack as a standard action, also disallowing combining it with this feat.

also ,clarification to the additional attack at improved chain attack : "each attack during your turn receives a -2 to its roll when using the additional attack from this feat, which must be decided at the beginning of the attack sequence."

Something like that. ^

Naoki00_
2015-03-24, 09:01 PM
Seeing as how cleave is used in and of itself, not as an addition to your iterative attacks, using this would disallow use of cleave in terms of RAW, as they are both used as a standard action.

likewise, vital strike as far as i am aware uses a single attack as a standard action, also disallowing combining it with this feat.

also ,clarification to the additional attack at improved chain attack : "each attack during your turn receives a -2 to its roll when using the additional attack from this feat, which must be decided at the beginning of the attack sequence."

Something like that. ^

Well I ask because the wording says "as part of a standard attack", which sorta implies you can use it on ANY standard attack action. I might be wrong on that since the difference between "as an attack action" and "As a standard attack" are kinda ambiguous though.

Maquise
2015-03-24, 10:36 PM
Made some modifications.

Still thinking about how mobility works with it.