PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Perfect Awesomeness, a Martial Discipline for Path of War (WIP)

Vhaidara
2015-03-30, 08:57 PM
So, here we go Elric. I've got stances figured out, so I figured I'd tease with them.

The Discipline of Perfect Awesomeness has been practiced and developed by heroes for centuries. The techniques within it have been named for the heroes who perfected them, though their true names have long since been lost.
All weapons are discipline weapons for Perfect Awesomeness
The discipline skill of Perfect Awesomeness if Profession, because true heroes must work to maintain their day job.

Hulking Blow: The disciple channels his inner rage into a massive blow. Make an attack roll against an enemy within reach. On a successful hit, deal an additional 1d6 damage and the target must make a Reflex save or be knocked prone.

Stance of the Black Widow: Sometimes, even heroes need to use underhanded methods, especially early in their careers. You gain poison use, and the save DCs of any poison you use is increased by you Initiation modifier. This also applies to the Sting and Prana maneuvers of Steel Serpent

Tools of the Bat Stance: The first law of being a junior hero: Always be prepared when your powers fail. You are always treated as having masterwork tools for any skill check. The bonus you receive from this increases by 2 every 5 levels, to a maximum of +10 at level 20.

Hulking Strike: The disciple's rage grows yet more. Choose 3 continuous squares that you threaten, and make an attack roll. Compare the result to the AC of each creature in the chosen squares. Each successful roll hits, dealing normal damage +2d6 additional damage. Struck foes must make a Reflex Save or be knocked prone.

Quiver of the Hawk's Eye: A technique first practiced by a legendary archer, this skill has spread to general use among practitioners. Whenever you make an attack, you may convert your weapon to any weapon of equal cost until the beginning of your next turn. For example, a +1 Flaming Longsword could become a +1 Frost Longsword.

Hulking Force: The disciple's rage is almost uncontrollable. When you initiate this strike, your reach increases by 5ft. Make an attack roll against any square within your reach and compare the result to the AC of any creature in that square. If successful, the creature is hit, receiving weapon damage +5d6. Then, all adjacent creatures (not including the disciple) are dealt 3d6 damage from the shockwave. All creatures damaged by this strike must make a Reflex save or be knocked prone

Wolverine's Fury Style: Channeling the fury of a mighty warrior of old, the disciple changes his very body. He gains Regeneration 1, and grows a pair of claws that deal 2d6 each. The claws are light weapons, and may be treated as manufactured weapons for the purposes of Two Weapon Fighting.

Hulking Smash: The disciple's rage can now level entire towns. Striking the ground, the disciple sends out a massive shockwave, dealing 1d6 per initiator level to all adjacent creatures and objects. this damage radiates out, extending 5ft in every direction. For every 5ft of distance, the damage is reduced by 1d6. For example, a 15th level initiator would deal 15d6 to adjacent creatures and objects, 14d6 to creatures objects 10ft away, 13d6 to creatures and objects 15ft away, etc. This damage ignores Damage Reduction and Hardness.

Form of the Supreme Man: A master of Perfect Awesomeness is an indestructible force. While in this stance, he gains a +50 untyped bonus to Strength, Regeneration 100, and a Fly Speed of 1000ft with perfect maneuverability.

You Win
Perfect Awesomeness (Strike)
Level: 9
Initiation Action: 1 Immediate action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous

You win. The game is over, and you're the victor. Nobody is better than you. Congratulations, ****.

Elricaltovilla
2015-03-30, 09:05 PM
Here's a link to the 9th level maneuver (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18970369&postcount=741).

Vhaidara
2015-03-31, 11:19 AM
Hulking X line of maneuvers added. I'll probably clean up the formatting tonight, but so far all maneuvers are standard actions.

Elricaltovilla
2015-03-31, 12:25 PM
I'm a little concerned that the 9th level maneuver that sparked this won't fit with the finished discipline. You seem to be on a track of superhero themed maneuvers, which is awesome, whereas the the Perfect Awesomeness discipline that 9th level maneuver feels like it belongs in a Mary Sue themed discipline.

Vhaidara
2015-03-31, 01:02 PM
Are you implying a lot of superheroes aren't Mary sues?

Elricaltovilla
2015-03-31, 01:45 PM
Are you implying a lot of superheroes aren't Mary sues?

Well... yeah, because in my opinion one of the key features of being a Mary Sue is that the majority of readers dislike you. Superheroes tend to be pretty popular.

Vhaidara
2015-03-31, 03:51 PM
Eh, I got inspiration for a discipline fitting the name "Perfect Awesomeness" and ran with it. Might change the name of the 9th to "Emulation of Eel Nats"

Thealtruistorc
2015-04-17, 10:48 PM
Any chance you could create a few based on the Tick? I want a boost that allows me to confuse or daze opponents by yelling SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Manly Man
2015-04-19, 03:57 PM
Any chance you could create a few based on the Tick? I want a boost that allows me to confuse or daze opponents by yelling SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesdooeeet