PDA

View Full Version : Magical Mage's Menagerie Discussion thread I: Makin' Majesty from Malign to Musical

inuyasha
2015-04-11, 03:38 PM
Hey guys! This is a discussion thread for the new contest known as the Magical Mage's Menagerie, a contest all about the designing of new and fun magic items, as well as their discussion and critiquing. Links to the contest (and future ones) will be found below

#1: Nonsensical Novices (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?409105-The-Magical-Mage-s-Menagerie-1-Nonsensical-Novices)

Feel free to discuss and critique, as well as question below.

inuyasha
2015-04-12, 02:15 PM
*bump*

It'd be nice if this contest got a little more attention, to make it a legitimate contest :smallbiggrin:

Zale
2015-04-13, 03:48 PM
So we need to make magic items using the magic item creation rules?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2015-04-13, 03:51 PM
So we need to make magic items using the magic item creation rules?

I believe it's "Make a magic item. Cost it roughly appropriately, and give us the requirements."

So not using the item creation rules, as those are somewhat limiting for actual custom magic items. My submission, for example, could not be created with those rules as it doesn't duplicate any existing function.

inuyasha
2015-04-13, 07:19 PM
Yeah, what Djinn said. Most magic items break or bend those rules in one way or another, so there's no reason why entries to this contest shouldn't be allowed to in some way.

inuyasha
2015-04-19, 04:34 PM
As the contest is getting more attention, I have realized that there is no link to this discussion thread within the contest itself, this has been fixed