PDA

View Full Version : Custom Class: Fate's Favored

BalrogSamson
2015-04-11, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker on these forums for a really long time and this will be my first post! I'm currently participating in a D&D 3.5e campaign and I'm using the Complete Scoundrel luck feats, but I was really disappointed with the prestige class option. I came up with my own class--and I have approval from my DM to use it--but I wanted to see what all of you think about it. Additionally, I'd love to share it with you all! :smallsmile:
Here's a link to the page that I've made in Evernote: http://www.evernote.com/l/AErNaqb6FttC7I-oDQpN_89W8tCEw3bc3x0/

Edit: if you have the 3.5e fonts installed it looks pretty neat! :smallbiggrin:

Yael
2015-04-11, 07:22 PM
For most custom-made thingies, the Homebrew Design (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Homebrew-Design) section actually gives advice and opinions of other homebrewers.

But whatever, as for this custom class, it sure abuses Luck feats, but I feel it a bit low on spellcasting, as a 2/5 would turn away most casters; however, for skillmonkeys it kinda works because of the 6+Int, and the high number of skills (including UMD).
Thought on anything for the Special prerequisite?

BalrogSamson
2015-04-11, 08:19 PM
For most custom-made thingies, the Homebrew Design section actually gives advice and opinions of other homebrewers.

Oh snap! I actually didn't know about that section. :smallsigh: Is there any way the thread could possibly be moved?

In the meantime, no, I'm not sure exactly what I should possibly throw in there. I was thinking something along the lines of living or surviving a situation on luck alone but that's highly debatable what that even means.

The reason I chose 2/5 spellcasting is because of how much better it is compared to Fortune's Friend and I believe that class gives 3/5. I also figured it might be fair, with the nice abilities, to put spellcasting later in the class so there's some investiture involved.

Haruki-kun
2015-04-12, 09:57 AM
The Winged Mod: Moved to Homebrew and merged with second thread.