PDA

View Full Version : Eeek, Spiders! [HELP with Spell Selection]

Whamme
2007-04-14, 10:32 PM
Okay, just in case we do end up resting before confronting the Spiders...

What spells should my level 7 Chameleon memorize to deal best with some spiders? (Probably Giant, Possibly with some templates)(He's level 12 total, and has up to 5th level spells from any Divine spell list. Not _many_ spells, but some) (This is to help the party as well; I know more anti-poison spells would likely be a good call).

Stevenson
2007-04-14, 10:54 PM
Hm. Spiders? Recitation's good. Greater Vigor. And....oh, this level you get flame strike. I hear spiders hate fire. Gets their webs all flamey.

And, you'll probably want some summoning power on your side. Maybe even Lesser Planar Ally.

Whamme
2007-04-14, 11:13 PM
I should note that he has one 5th level spell slot. So anything useful at lower levels on that would be handy. Also, is the a particular feat that would be really useful?

Stevenson
2007-04-15, 05:45 AM
Certainly. Great fortitude.

If you don't go for that (I wouldn't blame you), I'd say you should probably pick precise shot.

Okay, lower level? Delay poison. Bear's Endurance. Divine Power's a kinda obvious choice. Also, Searing Light might help out. And....air walk. Other than that, some of the ones I said before were lower level, and you'll definitley want to be able to summon when you fight 'em.

Jasdoif
2007-04-15, 05:54 AM
Repel vermin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/repelVermin.htm)?

Ikkitosen
2007-04-15, 06:37 AM
Winnah! :)

Whamme
2007-04-15, 07:38 AM
Certainly. Great fortitude.

If you don't go for that (I wouldn't blame you), I'd say you should probably pick precise shot.

Okay, lower level? Delay poison. Bear's Endurance. Divine Power's a kinda obvious choice. Also, Searing Light might help out. And....air walk. Other than that, some of the ones I said before were lower level, and you'll definitley want to be able to summon when you fight 'em.

I should point out I ask about a feat because he has a class feature that gives him a 'floating' feat. So he can pick something new every day. :smallamused:

Repel Vermin is nice.