PDA

View Full Version : The Umi, a corrupted people [Race & Feats]

Scribbler
2007-04-14, 11:13 PM
The Umi

The Umi are a race that exists in my campaign world. This is my first attempt at creating a race, though, so I’m not sure if it’s very well done.

The humans were created first in the world, by Jonas and Jartha, the great king and queen of the gods. Their children adapted this creation in various ways; Remas, god of the woodlands, created the elves, while Medli, goddess of the earth and mountains, made the dwarves. While the other humanoids made by the younger gods were different from the humans, they were still to be their equals. Becor, vile goddess of corruption, was jealous. She did not like the creations of her parents or siblings. While those siblings used their parents’ creations as a model, Becor captured them, and those of the others, and changed them, corrupted them, cursed them. What once was human is no longer. Mostly hateful of the goddess that forged them, the Umi live as outcasts, feared by civilized humanoid society.

Much has changed since the time of creation—or the time the creation myths speak of, if you don’t believe in them. Even the Umi, maybe because the other gods took pity on them, maybe simply because they had nowhere to go but up, have improved. They are still weak, but their minds have grown. Can they overcome? We may see, for good or ill. They are also not quite as dangerous to others as those others (and probably most of the Umi themselves) believe them to be, either. Has the influence of their corruption weakened, or are the tales of Umi who decimated cities by their presence simply exaggerated? This we do not know.

The Umi are an outcast race. As a whole, they live outside normal society, and keep to themselves, mostly in small settlements consisting entirely of Umi. Coming into contact with the Umi is believed to spread their curse, and they are believed to spread disease. They look diseased, and are very much shunned if they do enter normal social settings. Most Umi are also insane, and many people believe it to be a universal trait of the race. It may be an actual trait that some are lucky enough not to inherit, but… living lives as outcasts who fear to approach others and are so feared, who live alone and told to stay there, brought food from outside by people with their faces covered, waiting to die in villages nobody visits… maybe it is their status that shakes their sanity.

Physical description: Umi stand slightly shorter than humans, but then they never stand up quite straight. If they could, they would be an inch or two taller, on average. They appear gaunt and thin. Their skin is pale and has a nasty yellowish or grayish tinge. It is also thick and tough, and visibly so. Their hair has the same norms as human, but is starting to gray and thin out even in children; middle-aged Umi often already have white hair. The irises of their eyes can be any color that humans have, but the whites are yellow and usually bloodshot.

Relations: Umi are shunned and feared, and there might even be good reason. Nobody, for the most part, thinks of the Umi as evil, but they are dangerous without trying to be, which could be called worse. Most people pity Umi as a concept and contribute food to be sent to their communities, but they do not actually want to meet them.

Umi traveling in others’ lands are usually best off covering themselves completely, to avoid touching others, and disguising themselves, so people do not run or chase them away. Sadly, these two goals often contradict each other. Other people in an Umi settlement are typically treated kindly, but definitely shunned. Contact with Umi really can be dangerous, and they do not wish to harm others. They avoid the visitor, clearly state that it is an Umi settlement, and urge them to leave. This is only typical, however, as some communities resent their outcast status and will seek to harm visitors.

Alignments: Most Umi are insane, and would probably be considered neutral. Even those that are not are generally disinterested and isolated from others, doing nothing to help or harm. They still tend to be neutral. The rare Umi who leaves the community is likely to be something different, but is she a resentful villain or a kindhearted soul who needs to seek out others? Both exist, in about equal numbers.

Umi lands: Umi tend to be isolated in small communities, but these communities are usually near the lands of other races. The other races provide for them, so that they do not use (and possibly corrupt) their own farmland, or come into contact with game. Providing for an Umi community seems like a better idea than letting them care for themselves. The person or people who make the deliveries is often somewhat shunned in his own community as well.

Religion: Some Umi embrace their corruption and worship Becor; most detest her. Some are atheists, believing that they could not exist if there were gods; others thank the gods for helping them grow strong and overcome their natural weaknesses. In any case, most Umi are not very religious.

Languages: Umi speak the language of the people near them. Some of them are very interested in literature and learn many languages, since they have no other contact with most of the world.

Names: Umi names vary a great deal, depending on the community. Most favor guttural sounds. They do not use family names

Male names: Arck, Grehn, Ort, Urstt, Venk
Female names: Arn, Deihn, Ein, Grehnka, Mrarg

Adventurers: Many Umi thirst to leave their communities. Only the bravest few actually do, usually to the protests of the others. There is little for them within or outside their communities, except as adventurers. The frail Umi often do not do well in that position, but some use their cleverness and resourcefulness to great effect. A few use their reputation to their advantage; others disguise themselves and claim to be human.

Umi Racial Traits:
Humanoid (Psionic)
-2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Cha: The Umi are frail and sickly, as well as both complacent and feared, but they are clever
Medium: As Medium creatures, Umi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
Umi base land speed is 30 ft
+1 natural armor: While frail, Umi have tough hides
Naturally Psionic: Umi gain 1 extra power point per day at first level
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison and disease: The Umi may seem sickly, but their bodies are used to this kind of punishment
Umi can opt to ignore the -2 penalty to disguise checks to look human. This only works when trying to look human in general, not a specific person, and the Umi can only look like a very sickly human (probably still shunned and avoided, but perhaps less aggressively). They still must make a check, and so might be spotted for what they really are.
Psi-like ability: demoralize 1/day. Manifester level ½ hit dice (minimum 1st) and the Save DC is Charisma-based
-1 penalty on all saves
Corrupting touchSu: Anyone whose skin touches the skin of an Umi has either his sanity or his vitality damaged by her corruption. She can control the virility of this somewhat, making it more or less dangerous simply by willing it, but most people (including many Umi) do not realize that this is the case (corrupting touch details are below). When used as an attack, corrupting touch threatens a critical on a natural 20 and deals double damage. Precision damage such as sneak attack never applies.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any, other than secret languages such as Druidic
Favored Class: Psion

Corrupting Touch: Normally, corrupting touch takes effect whenever an Umi’s skin contacts another living creature’s body. If she realizes that she is going to make contact, she can suppress the effect simply by wanting the person to not be affected, even if she does not realize that it will not affect him; in this case, the other creature is only considered affected if contact is prolonged and lasts for more than a number of rounds equal to the Umi’s hit dice. If the Umi wants to corrupt another creature, she either make a standard action to do so as a touch attack or use a move action to prepare, in which case any creature that hits her with an unarmed strike, natural attack, or touch attack during that same round is affected (normally, contact must be made with the skin, so clothing and armor would keep it from working).

In any case, when a creature is affected, there is an equal chance for Con or Wis damage (if the Umi intentionally affected the creature, she can choose the ability score targeted with 75% success rate instead of an equal chance). For Con damage, the target makes a Fort save with a DC of 10 + ½ hit dice + Con modifier or take 1d3 Con damage. For Wis damage it is a Will save with DC 10 + 1/2 hit dice + Cha modifier. Con damage is considered both a poison and a disease for immunity and resistance, Wis damage is mind-affecting and a disease. Umi are unaffected by each other’s touch. Any creature may only be successfully affected by an Umi’s touch 1/day (but if he resists or is immune to the damage, the Umi may try again).

Random Starting Ages
Adulthood Simple Medium Complex
13 years +1d4 +1d6 +2d4

Aging Effects
Middle Age Old Venerable Maximum Age
30 42 57 +2d8

Random Height and Weight
Base Height Base Weight
Height Mod Weight Mod
male 4' 8" +2d10 100 x (2d4) lb
female 4' 3" +2d10 65 x (2d4) lb

I’m hoping to have this be an LA +0 race, but I definitely want to keep the corrupting touch ability or something like it. I realize that ability damage at will is potent, but it’s low damage, can only be used on any target once in a fight, and they have a penalty on both of the save DC ability scores. It’s also hard for them not to affect people, so it definitely has a drawback.

This is my first attempt at creating a race, so I’d like some feedback. Hoping I didn’t make something too terribly out of balance.

melchizedek
2007-04-15, 12:14 AM
I think it would be very difficult to actually play a member of this race. They might make good NPCs, but I, at least, wouldn't want to play one.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 01:49 PM
I already made one as a villian in my champain, he is kinda scary
from,
EE

Matthew
2007-04-15, 02:51 PM
Looks good. I like the flavour. Seems like there should be an Level Adjustment, though.

Scribbler
2007-04-15, 04:43 PM
The concept was originally intended for NPCs, and probably ones who would never show up in an adventure, mostly just flavor for the setting. I figured they were interesting though, and that someone might want to play them, so I tried to balance them for PCs.

I probably would have given them penalties to all stats except Int (which is why it got the bonus when I thought they needed one), given them less control over their corrupting ability, and made it a bit more dangerous.

I made a few adjustments:
Lowered the natural armor; it was a mistake in the first place, shouldn't have been that high
Added a bit about disguise
Dropped some of the standard aberration traits, which I meant to do but left out accidently

Scribbler
2007-04-20, 09:33 PM
The tale of Miranda the Scorned, as told by the bard Julienne
A small girl’s shriek split the air, and the traveler spun around and ran toward the child, abandoning for the moment the campsite she was setting up.
In a clearing, a girl was sitting where she had fallen after she screamed. About 15 feet away from her was a grinning goblin with a dagger, standing over an even smaller boy, whom he had pushed down. “Leave these children alone,” came a strong female voice, and a woman in emerged from the trees. Her posture was stooped with apparent age and she was peculiarly dressed for the warm weather in heavy boots, a floor-length heavy dress with long sleeves, gloves, and a hooded cloak, with the hood pulled down to cover her face, although a few strands of graying hair showed outside the hood. She wore a backpack and carried a staff, and there was some other gear at her back, a traveler.
“But this village—“ snarled the goblin, but he was interrupted; “I don’t care about the village, I care what these children have done to you. If it is nothing, then you will leave them alone.”
“Then try to stop me, woma—“ The children did not know why he stopped. There was a humming sound they heard, but it didn’t seem loud enough to interrupt his speech. Then, the dagger dropped to the ground with a small clang. Then, the goblin also dropped to the ground, with a louder thump.
“What…” started the girl, “Did you just—” “Unless he is the weakest creature I have ever fought, he is not dead. But he won’t wake up soon,” answered the woman. “But there may be others. You should return to your village. I’ll take you back.”
The boy reached out a hand, as if asking the woman to help him up from the ground. She stepped back as if startled, then reached forward. Instead of grabbing his hand, her gloved hand grabbed him by the front of his shirt and yanked him to his feet. As it did so, a patch of yellowed skin showed between her dress and glove. The girl gasped.
“Thanks lady,” said the boy, apparently unbothered at being pulled up so roughly, “Aren’t you purty old to be out fightin’ goblins, though?”
The woman chuckled. “I don’t think I’m all that many years older than you two are, really.” “Oh..” said the girl. “So, you’ve figured out what I am?” The girl nodded slightly, her eyes staring. “Are you afraid of me?” The girl shook her head vigorously, hair whipping back and forth. “No. Mr. Burgin says we should be, but Mommy says he’s a fool. And… you helped my little brother,” she added, nodding again, as if this decided it.
“Well then, good. I would like to follow you back to make sure that you don’t get into any more trouble. I probably shouldn’t enter your village though.” The girl took her brother’s hand, and started to lead him away. He looked back at the woman and said “What’s yer name?” “I am called Miranda,” she replied, and followed the children at a distance, keeping a look out in all directions.
“Oh! Thank you, kind stranger!” called a woman’s voice, as its owner came running from the village when she saw the strange party approach. “Mommy!” answered the children, running back to meet her. Miranda stopped at that point, satisfied that the children were safe. The mother looked up at her where she stood, still a distance from the village. “How can I thank you for this? They’ve wandered off before, but I know something happened if they were gone for this lon—Oh!”
Her question was interrupted as a small rock hurtled over her head and struck Miranda in the shoulder. Her hand went up to touch the spot. “Git outta here, you!” roared an angry out-of-shape dwarf, scooping up more stones as he waddled as fast as he could toward the woman and children.
“If you wish,” said Miranda in a dignified tone, and she turned and began to stride away without another word, ignoring the two additional stones that came at her, even though one of them did connect in the center of her back.
“Burgin!!” yelled the mother, furiously, “What do you think you are doing to that poor woman!?”
“Ah, shuttit Jetta. Them creatures are dangerous. I can’t even believe she’d dare approach me here. And who do you think took your chil’ren outta here yesterday.”
“Mommy, Miranda didn’t—“ started the girl, but her mother silenced her. “I already know, dear. Burgin, I too am shocked that she approached this village just now—although it would certainly have been some task to have kidnapped the children a day before she arrived. She got here today, and was driven off violently with the same stones you threw and no provocation just a few hours ago—by your daughter!”

I wrote up a few sample encounters with Umi. The typical Umi commoner, one villain, and one heroic character.

Oh hello there! Oh children--friends--would you like to come and sit here with me? I never see many visit—No! Stay away! Leave me alone! Oh.. I’m sorry… Was I yelling at you again? –typical Umi villager

EL: ½ (or variable, depending on number of individuals)
These statistics represent a completely typical Umi villager. PCs would encounter a good number of them in an Umi village, but would be unlikely to encounter them away from there. They may encounter an Umi taking a walk outside of but close to a village border.

commoner’s statsMale or female Umi commoner 1
NN Medium humanoid (psionic)
HD: 1d4+1 (3 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft
Armor Class: 11 (+1 natural armor), touch 10, flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+0
Attack: Quarterstaff +0 melee (1d6 B) OR dagger +0 melee or ranged (1d4 19-20/x2 P or S) (A typical Umi commoner has one of these weapons or the other, not both) OR Corrupting touch +0 melee touch (1d3 Wis or Con, DC 9)
Full Attack: Same as attack
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Corrupting touch 1/day per target, demoralize 1/day (DC 10)
Special Qualities: Corrupting touch 1/day per target, +2 vs poison and disease, naturally psionic
Saves: Fort -2, Ref -1, Will -1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 11, Con 8, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Listen +4, Handle Animal +3, Profession +4
Feats: Psionic Body (varies substantially)
CR: ½
Possessions: Quarterstaff or dagger, peasant’s outfit and mundane gear, 2 gp

Your kind are the ones who have shunned my people, left them alone and ranting in their little villages… Why should we be the outcasts because you can’t take our presence? If I am corrupted then my only purpose can be to spread that corruption—I will make you suffer as I have! -Erk the Wasted, Umi rogue

EL: 3
Erk’s story
Erk may not have the same mental problems typical of Umi, but he is nonetheless considered deranged by many or most people. He occasionally snaps and engages in random violence, but even then he is methodical. He is generally more sinister and plotting. He holds a grudge against members of all other races, blaming them for the curse of the Umi race, which he sees as their confinement (he doesn’t acknowledge that it is typically willing).
Erk could be encountered trying to terrorize a small community of humans or another race. He probably wouldn’t be seen using actual violence, although he relishes combat and the chance to kill when he gets it. He may be found working for a more powerful villain, as long as that villain offered him a chance to hurt people and does not act afraid of him due to his race.

Erk’s stats
Male Umi rogue 3
LE Medium humanoid (psionic)
HD: 3d6+3 (16 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+2 Dex, +1 natural armor, +3 armor, +1 shield), touch 12, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
Attack: Masterwork rapier +4 melee (1d6+1 18-20/x2 P) OR Masterwork shortbow +5 ranged (1d6 20/x3 P) OR dagger +3 melee or +4 ranged (1d4+1 19-20/x2 P or S) OR Corrupting Touch +3 melee touch (1d3 Wis (DC 11) or Con (DC 12))
Full Attack: Same as attack
Special Attacks: Corrupting Touch 1/day per target, demoralize 1/day (DC 12), sneak attack +2d6
Special Qualities: Corrupting Touch 1/day per target, +2 vs. poison and disease, naturally psionic, evasion, trapfinding, trap sense +1
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 8, Cha 8
Skills: Move Silently +8, Hide +8, Spot +5, Listen +5, Search +8, Disable Device +10, Open Lock +10, Use Magic Device +6, Sleight of Hand +8, Intimidate +6
Feats: Iron Will, Improved Initiative
CR: 3
Possessions: Masterwork studded leather, masterwork buckler, masterwork rapier, masterwork shortbow w/ 20 arrows, 2 daggers, cloak of resistance +1, crawling tattoo of body adjustment, masterwork thieves’ tools, smokestick, clothing and mundane gear, 20 gp

A true hero will fight, and even risk her own life, to protect—even to protect those who only ever did her harm. -Miranda the Scorned, Umi telepath

EL: 4
Miranda’s story
There is a story of an Umi psion who wanders, aiding those she comes across and doing whatever she can to help out, even using her powers to fight monsters and violent people to defend others. The story has spread, and she has gained some fame even beyond what would be expected of a heroine of her ability. Many people call it an interesting tale with a good moral, but don’t believe that it’s literally true. Others call it propaganda for the Umi, others just for her. Some people call her “hero”. Others say she is a villain, a tale of her attacking normal townsfolk before leaving a village (in reality, she fought off a lynch mob using mental disruption on the closest attackers and the others ran away).
The psion is real, though all the tales may not be. She is called “Miranda”, after a tale her mother loved of an elven sorceress. Nobody is quite sure if this is a nickname she gave herself or if she was actually named after the protagonist by her parents. She wears a long brown dress of a heavy material, heavy boots, leather gloves, and a cloak with a large hood always pulled low over her face. She usually camps outside of towns or stays in Umi villages, but sometimes she tries to gain lodging in other towns. She hides her face and usually avoids people, and uses her bedroll and not the bed even when she stays in inns. Often, she is turned away. She has been driven out of more than one village, sometimes by words, sometimes with pitchforks, torches, or thrown stones.
The PCs could encounter her in a campsite. She’ll tell them what she is but assure them that she’s not dangerous if they avoid skin contact. She’ll gladly welcome their company if they do not fear her, but she won’t hold it against them if they refuse. They could also encounter her working against the same villain they are. They might even encounter her as the target of violence by a community—and might not be aware that the attack is unjustified.

Miranda’s stats
Female Umi telepath 4
CG Medium humanoid (psionic)
HD: 4d4+4+6 (21 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+1 Dex, +1 natural armor, +4 armor), touch 11, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+1
Attack: Quarterstaff +1 melee (1d6-1 B) OR dagger +1 melee or +3 ranged (1d4-1 19-20/x2 P or S) OR Corrupting Touch +1 melee touch (1d3 Wis (DC 11) or Con (DC 13)) OR light crossbow +3 ranged (1d8 19-20/x2 P)
Full attack: Same as attack
Special Attacks: Corrupting Touch 1/day per target, demoralize 1/day (DC 11), psionic powers
Special Qualities: Corrupting Touch 1/day per target, +2 vs. poison and disease, naturally psionic
Saves: Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +5
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Concentration +8 (+12 to manifest defensively), Psicraft +11, Diplomacy +0, Sense Motive +8, Knowledge (history) +14, Knowledge (psionics) +11, Spot +3, Listen +3
Feats: Psicrystal AffinityB, Psionic Body, Combat Manifestation, AlertnessB (only if psicrystal is near)
CR: 4
Psionic Powers: 29 pp
Powers Known:
1st-level (DC 15): psionic charm, mind thrust, energy ray, force shield, déjá vu
2nd-level (DC 16): mental disruption, ego whip, aversion, detect hostile intent

Possessions: Mithril chain shirt, quarterstaff, dagger, light crossbow w/ 10 bolts, boots of landing, cloak of resistance +1, potion of cure light wounds, power stone of mindlink, call to mind, and know direction and location, traveler’s outfit and mundane gear, 30 gp

Miranda’s Psicrystal
A small angular piece of translucent white crystal, often carried in a pouch on Miranda’s belt.
CG Diminutive Construct
HD: 4 (10 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares), climb 20 ft (4 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+4 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural armor), touch 16, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-15
Attack: –
Space/Reach: 1 ft/0 ft
Special Attacks: Deliver touch powers
Special Qualities: Construct traits, hardness 8, improved evasion, personality (sage: history), share powers, sighted 40 ft, telepathic link
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will, +5
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con -, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +10, Listen +6, Spot +6, Move Silently +6, Search +2, Concentration +3, Psicraft +1, Diplomacy +1, Sense Motive +3, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (psionics) +1
Feats: Alertness
*All stats assume self-propulsion is activated.

I'm also considering some racial feats to improve racial abilities. Any ideas?

Scribbler
2007-04-21, 12:20 PM
Frequent Demoralizer [Racial] [Psionic]
You have become adept at shaking foes with your mental presence more frequently than most Umi can handle.
Prerequisite: Umi
Benefit: You can use your demoralize psi-like ability two more times per day, for a total of three.
Normal: Umi can use their demoralize ability once per day.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

This feat follows the examples in CPsi, so it should be fine.

Potent Demoralizer [Racial] [Psionic]
You have become especially skilled at demoralizing foes with your mental abilities.
Benefit: The manifester level of your demoralize psi-like ability is equal to the highest manifester level you hav. In addition, the save DC for the power is Intelligence-based.
Normal: An Umi’s demoralize ability has a manifester level equal to ½ her hit dice and the save DC is Charisma-based.
Special: You can ignore one or both the effects of this feat if you choose (for example, if you take Intelligence damage that leaves you with a higher Charisma modifier, or you manifester level becomes less than half your total character level).

This one I’m a bit more concerned about. It allows another full manifestation, of which Umi already get one, but at the cost of a feat and it must be demoralize. Plus, feats and other things that affect your powers have no effect on this manifestation. I’m really mostly concerned with its interaction with Frequent Demoralizer—should I include a note that it will only work once/day?

Skilled Corrupter [Racial]
You know how to spread your corruption exactly how you want to.
Benefit: You may choose which type of ability damage to deal with your Corrupting Touch. If you do not make a choice, there is the standard 50% chance of either.
Normal: An Umi may attempt to choose the type of ability damage, but with only a 75% chance of success and a 25% chance of still dealing the other kind.

Potent Corrupter [Racial] [Psionic]
You can continue corrupting the same target, turning your touch into a far more potent weapon.
Benefit: To use this feat, you must expend your psionic focus. This use of your corrupting touch does not count against the daily limit of a target.
Normal: Any target may only be corrupted once per day.
This will need another pre-req, but it still might be too powerful. Maybe I should change to only letting it effect a target one additional time per day, and let it be taken more than once?

Corrupter of the Mind [Racial]
Your corruption can harm intellectual capabilities as well as sanity.
Benefit: Your Corrupting Touch can deal Int damage. Now, your corrupting touch has a chance to deal either Con damage or mental damage. You can choose which type of mental damage without failure, although there's still a chance of dealing physical damage unless you have the Skilled Corrupter feat as well.
Normal: Corrupting Touch deals Wis or Con damage.

Corrupter of the Personality [Racial]
Your corrupting can harm force of personality aas well as sanity.
Benefit: Your Corrupting Touch can deal Cha damage. Now, your corrupting touch has a chance to deal either Con damage or mental damage. You can choose which type of mental damage without failure, although there's still a chance of dealing physical damage unless you have the Skilled Corrupter feat as well.

Corrupter of the Muscles [Racial]
Your corruption can harm strength as well as vitality.
Benefit: Your Corrupting Touch can deal Str damage. Now, your corrupting touch has a chance to deal either Wis damage or physical damage. You can choose which type of physical damage without failure, although there is still a chance of dealing mental damage unless you have the Skilled Corrupter feat as well.

Corrupter of Grace [Racial]
Your corruption can harm agility as well as vitality.
Benefit: Your Corrupting Touch can deal Dex damage. Now, your corrupting touch has a chance to deal either Wis damage or physical damage. You can choose which type of physical damage without failure, although there's still a chance of dealing mental damage unless you have the Skilled Corrupter feat as well.

Scribbler
2007-04-27, 10:13 PM
No more comments?

I added some clarifications to Corrupting Touch: It's Supernatural, standard crits, and no precision damage.

I also added the age and height/weight tables:

Random Starting Ages
Adulthood Simple Medium Complex
13 years +1d4 +1d6 +2d4

Aging Effects
Middle Age Old Venerable Maximum Age
30 42 57 +2d8

Random Height and Weight
Base Height Base Weight
Height Mod Weight Mod
male 4' 8" +2d10 100 x (2d4) lb
female 4' 3" +2d10 65 x (2d4) lb

Zeta Kai
2007-04-27, 11:26 PM
Well, I have to say, kudos. This is a rare example of someone willng to actually create a race, & not just throw some stats together. It is obvious that you have put some thought into these people, & considered many aspects of their society & culture.

You have feats geared towards them, names, unique abilities, & above all else, it's evident that you 're not afraid of giving a race drawbacks & weaknesses. I've seen far to many "races" that are no more than core races slightly tweaked, given unbalancing power, & presented as if they could be taken seriously. All in all, good job.

Matthew
2007-05-12, 05:04 PM
Have to agree there. This is a great example of how new Races should be presented.