PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sorcerous Origin: Wilder

Wartex1
2015-04-18, 10:57 AM
Seeing as how we currently lack Psionic options, and I already made a Psion class for 5E, I decided to go ahead and make a Wilder as well.

Wilder
Unlike most sorcerers, your powers are far more alien and bizarre. You don't cast spells, but instead manifest powers much like a Psion. Maybe you were gifted this ability by some scheming aberration hoping to use you, or perhaps you once had a psionic ancestor. Either way, your mind is a fire that can't be quenched.

Power Manifestation
Instead of the standard spellcasting feature of other Sorcerous origins, you draw your fantastic abilities from the Psionic Power List (Here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qrVZ0JZt6XVV-NHRNgk7HRyHNBs_C0EHIr0X-J1JSbg/edit?usp=sharing)). Your Power Save DC and Power Attack Bonus are otherwise the same as other Sorcerers. In addition, instead of using spell slots, you use Power Points, which are identical to the Spell Point variant rules listed in the DMG, complete with the restrictions on 6th-9th level powers.

Wild Surge
When you pick this Sorcerous Origin at 1st level, you gain a raging ability similar to a Barbarian. An amount equal to your Proficiency Bonus per Long Rest, you may enter a fury of psionic destruction for 1 minute, until you are knocked unconscious, or afflicted with an emotional status effect such as Frightened or Charmed. During this time, you add your Charisma modifier to all talent and power damage rolls. In addition, manifesting powers costs 1 less Power Point while you are under the effects of Wild Surge. When you finish a Wild Surge, you must make a DC 10 Constitution Saving Throw or gain 1 level of Exhaustion.

Bonus Proficiencies
You gain proficiency in light armor, shields, and all simple weapons.

Extra Attack
At 6th level, you gain the ability to make two attacks when you take the Attack action.

Surging Euphoria
Once you reach 14th level, your Wild Surge ability increases your martial prowess as well. While you are under the effects of Wild Surge, you may add your Charisma bonus to any weapon attack and damage rolls you make. Your Charisma modifier is also added to any Saving Throw you make during a Wild Surge. The save DC to avoid gaining 1 level of Exhaustion after performing a Wild Surge now becomes 15, as you put a larger amount of strain on your body.

Volatile Mind
Reaching the very limits of your potential at 18th level, your mind branches out into those of nearby creatures, interfering with their ability to focus. Whenever a creature attempts to cast a spell or manifest a power within 30 feet of you, you may use your reaction to force them to make a Concentration Saving Throw against your Power Save DC. On a failure, the spell or power simply fizzles out, not taking effect.

eleazzaar
2015-04-18, 01:53 PM
It looks fine, and 5e-styled.

I don't think i'd have a feel for balance without carefully going over the psionic stuff and comparing it to PHB spells.