PDA

View Full Version : [5e FR] Per Ed Greenwood, the drow deities Eilistraee and Vhaeraun are back in 5e

Irennan
2015-04-19, 02:12 PM
For all those of you who are interested, In Ed Greenwood's upcoming novel, ''Spellstorm'', it is revealed that:

[...]Twas no easy thing, being the goddess of magic. A different deity than the rest, in a world so steeped in the Art, a divinity that had to care more for mortals, or embrace utter tyranny. And at the same time share the Weave - the Weave that was Mystra, as well as being so much more - with other deities, or what remained of them, like Eilistraee[...]

So, I've asked Ed Greenwood some questions about this:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19841&whichpage=13#468149 Questions
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19841&whichpage=13#468290 Answers

1)Q: Does that thought (the passage about Mystra sharing the Weave with Eilistraee) refer to the ''present'' time? If so, it would mean that Eilistraee is alive and -if you can share- I have some questions about that.A: Yes, that refers to the present time. This implies that Eilistraee has to be back somehow, given that Mystra is sharing the Weave with her in the present time.

2)Q: Are Eilistraee and Vhaeraun separated again? A: Yes, separate again.

3)Q: Did she manage to survive to the events in LP like some speculated (in a fashion similar to how Mystra did, for example) and emerge again after the Sundering (or has the Sundering simply brought her back)?
A: Mortals know only of a reappearance, post-Sundering; details to be revealed, perhaps, in the fullness of time.

4)Q: Also, in what condition is Eilistraee now, and what are she and her followers doing (and -since I'd like to edit the FR wiki page about her- is she now a demipower, or retained her status of lesser power)? A: Current condition? Unknown to mortals (including power level/ranking); sorry.

5)Q: Finally, where is Qilué's soul currently (since we know that the Cescent Blade couldn't destroy souls anymore, given that Cavatina survived it).
A: As for the soul you mention: also unknown. My bet would be on "a voice in the Weave" (there may or may not be more on this status, if not that particular soul, in future fiction, but it's too early to say for certain).

And

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19841&whichpage=13#468322

Hi again, all. Irennan, heeeere's Ed:

Communications being what they are in the Realms, with caravans bringing news and gossip and inevitable distortions as things get told and retold, most mortals can't be certain of much; they always have to trust (or not trust) retellings from afar.
However, the word spreading about the return of Eilistraee and Vhaeraun comes from excited reports of mortal worshippers personally meeting MANIFESTATIONS and AVATARS of the deities; i.e. yes, Vhaeraun and Eilistraee are both "back."
Now, as to whether they'll appear face to face with a given mortal in a given location in the Realms, that's a far different matter. The gods in general seem more "distant" post-Sundering, more "heard from" than "personally seen."

And there you have it.
The Word of Ed, so to speak.
love,
THO