PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Are there any homebrew PrC's to combine Shadowcaster and Warlock?

DurionArcanis
2015-04-21, 06:14 AM
I haven't found anything through google yet and I was wondering if anyone had written up a theurge style PrC for the Shadowcaster and Warlock. Looking for something that does more tha just advance spellcasting, wanting something that combines flavor and keeps the unusual mechanics in mind, maybe adding interesting ways to combine the powers like the Eldritch Theurge did.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2015-04-21, 08:59 AM
I know I haven't run across any Warlock/Shadowcaster PrCs. I suspect there aren't many, if there are any. Given the way both classes handle casting, a level 4 Shadowcaster / level 4 Warlock really has nothing it can reliably bring to the table, which makes hybridizing the two a daunting task.

DurionArcanis
2015-04-21, 09:21 AM
That's why I was hoping for something like the Eldritch Theurge which gained abilities that allowed you to add your spells to your warlock abilities, and add some warlock abilities to your spells, as opposed to a class with a caster chassis and just "+1 level of Invocations/+1 level of Mysteries" kind of thing.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2015-04-21, 09:27 AM
That's why I was hoping for something like the Eldritch Theurge which gained abilities that allowed you to add your spells to your warlock abilities, and add some warlock abilities to your spells, as opposed to a class with a caster chassis and just "+1 level of Invocations/+1 level of Mysteries" kind of thing.

Yeah...

I'll think on it a bit. My concern is that the necessary power ramp might get a little excessive, since both Warlock and Shadowcaster are already fairly weak (or very limited in their utility compared to pretty much any other caster), and non-optimized Theurge classes tend to lag behind until very high levels. I'm sure there's something I can do to resolve that, but it's not coming to me immediately.

Sombersleep
2015-04-22, 12:49 PM
Realm of Chaos's "Descent of Shadows" home brew compendium is all about Shadowcasters. There is a warlock/shadowcaster theruge PrC called the Abyssym.

DurionArcanis
2015-04-22, 01:30 PM
Realm of Chaos's "Descent of Shadows" home brew compendium is all about Shadowcasters. There is a warlock/shadowcaster theruge PrC called the Abyssym.
http://i.imgur.com/rwnThqB.jpg
That. That is exactly what I was looking for thankyou.
For others that come across this thread looking for the same thing, here is a link to the thread he mentioned. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?74519-Descent-of-Shadows-Project-Shadow-Returns)