View Full Version : The Eldritch Blaster

Innis Cabal
2007-04-17, 08:33 PM
CLASS SKILLS
As warlock
Hit die: As warlock

Entry Requirments
Special: Eldritch Blast 3d6
Invocations: One Eldritch Essence and two Blast Shape Invocation.
Feats: Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast)

{table]Level|B.A.B|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting
1st|+1|+0|+0|+1|Duel Blast|+1 level of existing invocation using class
2nd|+2|+0|+0|+2|Weapon Focus(Eldtrich Blast)|+1 level of existing invocation using class
3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3|Invocation Essence Admixture|+1 level of existing invocation using class
4th|+4|+1|+1|+4|Weapon Specialization (Eldritch Blast)|+1 level of existing invocation using class
5th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Adaptive Blaster|+1 level of existing invocation using class[/table]

Duel Blaster(Ex): Through devotion and practice with his eldritch blast, the Eldritch Blaster may use his eldritch blast twice in a single turn. Any eldritch essence or blast shape invocation applied to the first eldritch blast affects the second blast. A warlock can only use a second eldritch blast if he has the base attack bonus to allow him a second attack.

Weapon Focus: At 2nd level the Eldritch Blaster gains the weapon focus feat for his eldritch blast, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.

Invocation Essence Admixture(Su): The Eldritch Invoker may add two eldritch essence invocations into his eldritch blast on top of a blast shape invocation. The level equivalent of the eldritch blast does not change. Both eldritch essence are resolved at their normal effect with the damage split equally (like flame strike). Any lingering effects are applied normally.

Weapon Specialization: The Eldritch Blaster gains Weapon Specialization (Eldritch Blast) feat at level for free at level 4 even if he does not meat the prerequisites.

Adapative Blaster(Su): At fifth level may apply different Eldritch Essence and Blast Shape Invocations on his multiple eldritch blasts. On top of this ability he gains a third use of his eldritch blast so long as his base attack bonus allows him to make a third attack.

Icewalker
2007-04-17, 09:29 PM
Sounds like an excellent warlock prestige. I don't really like the name though.

Very fun. Looks pretty good to me. Does the progression of damage continue?

Hmmmm...people shooting energy blasts like crazy.....just make em blue not purple/black.....give the warlock spiky blonde hair....:smalleek:

The list of warlock invocations known kinda confuses me...
says "invocations known" goes up 1-2-2-3-3-4-4-5-5 etc
Then also, at level one it says "invocation (least)", at level 6 it says "new invocation (least or lesser)" etc...

Does that mean you can start getting them at those levels, and the invocations known is the invocations known?

I can definitely see a warlock 13/eldritch blaster 5 doing THREE Eldritch Doom Utterdark Noxious Blasts...

That means everyone in a 20 ft radius takes 6d6 three times, seperate reflex for each, as well as forcing a fortitude save vs 2 negative levels...three times...and ALSO forcing three fortitude saves vs. nauseated (can't act) for 1 minute (10 rounds)....

hmmm

Innis Cabal
2007-04-17, 09:37 PM
yes, progression of damage continues, and it levels up as a warlock for purpose of invocations like a wizard or sorcerer wuld if it said +1 to existing arcane class...works the same way

Icewalker
2007-04-17, 10:58 PM
Then it'd be 8d6 not 6d6 for that utterdark eldritch doom. I think. ouch.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-17, 11:00 PM
ya, ouch is right, but its the reward for actually working on your eldritch blast, and i hope through the "give the warlock some love" thread that we can make more options then what is printed

XtheYeti
2007-04-18, 07:19 AM
sweet class, name change would be nice and maybe a ten level version, but it is still pretty good

Arbitrarity
2007-04-18, 07:33 AM
30d6+6, refx3 for half, take 6 neg levels, in 20 ft burst?

It's the warlock. It needs some love.