PDA

View Full Version : Demonic Barbarian

Mr.Gompers
2015-05-13, 10:30 PM
Moving to homebrew, please delete this.

HerbertWest
2015-05-13, 11:08 PM
I think for your level 3 rituals, you would need to make sure there is a progression that starts from very low level summoning, and scales as the Barbarian levels. I would model this chart after the Summon Monster spells, in respect to which level they should gain what they can summon. Overall, I'm not even sure that demon summoning fits the flavor of what you're going for. The concept strikes me as a barbarian that is demon corrupted themselves, not necessarily in a way that they would be casting arcane summoning circles and ordering demons around like a Wizard. But if you're dead-set on it, I would scale it.

Also, the 3d6 temporary hitpoint gain is extremely high for a level 3 character. Especially considering the amount of damage relative to monster hitpoints you will be pushing out at that level compared to an average party. You will likely be the finisher of the monsters your party encounters for the first few levels, and this ability would trvialize those encounters.

However, most importantly, I believe this thread belongs in the Homebrew section of the boards.