PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mythic Great Wyrm Time Dragon!

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-14, 11:46 PM
For the (Mythic) campaign I am putting together, one of the PC's most important allies, the one that empower's them in the first place, is a Mythic Great Wyrm Time Dragon. Since mythic dragon rules don't truly exist for mythic outer dragons, let alone time dragons, that means I have to homebrew a fair bit. I already know what some of the abilities would be; a Great Wyrm time dragon can travel in time, with others, 3 times. Ever. My idea for this guy is that he's already used those up ("Are you standing on two feet and not howling in an eternal abyss of darkness? You can thank me for that.")... however, the mythic ability the time dragon gets for being MR 10 would be something like this: the dragon can travel through time (alone) once per relative week, but cannot exist in the same time in two places. It gets tangled, but it means he can appear and disappear, and considering his memory, it can be... very spotty. Also, he's dealing with an infinite amount of other crises throughout time. Another idea is that he is an aspect/harbinger/component of Shyka, the CN god of time travel... so I'm just going to call him Shykabax for now. Nice dragon-y name.

The Mythic component of the campaign begins with the party entering a vault that turns out to be one of his lairs, notably empty of any dragons at the current time. Then, Shykabax appears, time-travelling in. There would be a nice moment for it to settle in for the PCs to freak out, before the dragon greets them as "Heroes! Thank the gods, we don't have much time!" He would explain that the Gaolers (group of evil wardens in charge of the planet, have the resources of a Drakainia plus all the outsider races at their disposal) are coming, and that he can safely remove them by flickering them out of the timestream for a bit (another mythic ability). After doing this, the Gaolers show up, quickly slay Shykabax (exact way to be determined later... but there WILL be a way, perhaps involving the Drakainia's impregnation, some rifting between planes, and maybe few CR 20+ outsiders such as Solars, Pit Fiends, and Balors), and leave with most of the riches of the vault. Then, Shykabax appears again. This one is not from the future, and doesn't recognize the party. Probably utilizing Mythic Time Stop, he has a nice little chat with the PCs, tells them of what they need to do, and empowers them with mythic power, before unfreezing the PCs and leaving them to fight some low-MR minions to stretch their new Mythic tier.

So, beyond the normal mythic dragon stuff (aura, poisonous blood, the like), I have a few ideas. Aforementioned MR 10 time travel ability, the 'time flicker' variant breath weapon (can be used offensively and defensively on others), and another one that renders the mythic time dragon functionally immune to divination, since it exists in a weird place in space-time where it can travel around. Also, its a good reason to excuse why the Gaolers haven't just offed Shykabax already by finding out where he would appear next.

All of this is compounded by the fact that... well, I've never built up a great wyrm dragon. So, what do you people think?