PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other The Mantid (PEACH wanted)

Ralcos
2015-05-15, 12:23 PM
As the tin says, I used the Pathfinder race builder and came up with something cool (although I think is a bit too powerful) that I want to be critiqued.

Mantid

http://images.wikia.com/darksun/images/8/8b/Thri-Kreen.jpg

Monstrous Humanoid (3 RP)
Monstrous humanoids are similar to humanoids, but have monstrous or animalistic features. They often have magical abilities as well. A monstrous humanoid race has the following features.
Monstrous humanoids have the darkvision 60 feet racial trait.
Monstrous humanoids breathe, eat, and sleep.
Medium (0 RP): Medium races have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. A Medium creature has a space of 5 feet by 5 feet and a reach of 5 feet.
Normal Speed (0 RP): The race has a base speed of 30 feet.
Weakness (–1 RP): +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma
Xenophobic (0 RP): Mantid
Bonus Languages: Common, Terran, Aklo, Undercommon

Advanced Strength (4 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race receive a +2 racial bonus to Strength.
Advanced Dexterity (4 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race receive a +2 racial bonus to Dexterity.

Natural Armor (2 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
Improved Natural Armor (1 RP): Prerequisite: Natural armor racial trait; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +1 natural armor bonus.

Silent Hunter (2 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this trait).
Skill Training (1 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Acrobatics and Perception are always class skills for members of this race.
Skill Bonus (2 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefits: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on all Acrobatics checks.
Jumper (2 RP): Prerequisite: The race has at least a +2 racial bonus to Dexterity; Benefit: Members of this race are always considered to have a running start when making Acrobatics checks to jump.
Fast (1 RP): Prerequisite: Normal speed; Benefit: Members of this race gain a +10 foot bonus to their base speed.

Poison Use (1 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race are skilled with poison and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves when applying it to weapons.
Claws (2 RP): Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race receive two claw attacks. These are primary natural attacks. The damage is based on the creature's size .

Total RP Spent: 2, 8, 3, 8, 3 = 24

mantia
2015-06-21, 08:19 PM
Two things.

One. i find it hilarious that you used a picture of a Thri-Kreen from the 3.5 Expanded Psionics Handbook. They are the coolest creature ever.

Two. If this is meant for Pathfinder i suggest changing the tag from "3.x Other" to "Pathfinder" by editing the original post and choosing from the dropbox menu at the top. That should help people who are looking for Pathfinder stuff to find this post by advanced searches.

I don't play Pathfinder so I don't have too much of an idea about the balance of your race but maybe that will help you find people who can.

Debihuman
2015-06-24, 04:38 AM
I don't generally critique races because I have no idea of what balance you are looking for. Also I'm not as good with Pathfinder as I am with 3.5. 24 RP is a lot compared to 0-10 RP starting PCs. I haven't a clue as to what context you are creating this race for.

Debby