PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder d6 divine, Cleric/Bard hybrid Class; The Pastor [PEACH]

The Vagabond
2015-05-22, 09:13 PM
Alright, so, upon hearing folks cry for a d6 divine, I decided to make an attempt at it, so, behold:
The Pastor (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EVmZpgsu28PhL1pzd-bBUW00A0gg5lWsNKavIQG5DiE/edit?usp=sharing)

This is the roughest of rough sketches of the class as it stand. I really do mean the roughest of all the rough. I fear it might be a bit powerful in how strong it is, but it does gain fewer bardic performances than a bard, and IS a level behind in spellcasting. However, to ensure that they can still serve their job as healbot, they can pick up the Restoration spells the same level a Cleric can by expending rounds of Sermons. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly.

The Vagabond
2015-05-23, 08:23 AM
Figure I might as well try to explain how I made the class here, as a minor bump:

First, the Chasis:

d6 1/2 BaB: The focus on the class is in buffing and support, so I tried to ensure that they wouldn't go into battle. It's intended as a buffing and support class, so poor base attack bonus. It's not intended for combat at all, it's intended to make others good at combat.
2+Int: As with Cleric, because 9 level caster.
Good Will: As is standard with casting classes, good will. Pastor's need to have good will to support someone and avoid vice.
Poor Fort and Reflexes: They talk to people, they don't really fight.

Class Skills: As cleric plus intimidate. To strike fear into the common man to ensure they go and protect their immortal soul.

Domain: Primarily because of the nature of the class, they gain only one Domain at first level, in addition to a Pastor's Lesson. Why this is the case, you'll see later- But at the moment, it's because I wanted to ensure it had some physical connection to their god. Having a Domain spell slot for spells prepared would increase their versatility, so they gain only one by default. As it is, feedback upon whether to keep it as a spell prepared, or whether to permit them to cast the spell 1/day without expending a spell per day.

Aura: As cleric, because Divine Caster.

Spells: Yep, spells. Spells like an Arcanist, except based on Wisdom with a bonus domain spell slot. As above, should I change the bonus domain slot? I'm keeping it to Wisdom based, to make the class a bit more MAD- It has the versatility of the oracle and cleric combined.

Pastor's Sermons: Basically, a fancy name for Bardic Music. Charisma based for MAD.

Inspire Courage (Su): As with the bard class feature. Gain the ability to buff everyone with bardic music.
Fascinate (Su): Primarily because I can't really think of anything else to put at this level. A Pastor's Lesson will screw up the progression. I'm thinking of changing it to Shaken to strike fear into the heart of the common man to make them fear for their eternal soul, and terrify them into glory.
Inflame the Righteous (Su): And a unique sermon! I have no idea how powerful this is, but it's pretty neat, I have to admit.
Inspire Greatness (Su): To make his allies feel awesome. Because that's the primary goal of this class.
Inspire Heroics (Su): As the bard ability. Because making people feel awesome.
Convert the Unfaithful (Ex): And the final Bardic Music. And I fear a bit too powerful. I need opinions on this.

Basically, I'm thinking that if you have any other ideas for bardic music to use in place of any of these. Or just some unique idea. Anyway, the progression on these things are kinda weird- One at level one, one at level three, and another four levels. Basically, because I based it off of Arcanist, I designed it so that it would take up half the arcana equivalent, Pastor's Lesson. Also- A better name would be nice.

Pastor's Lesson: This is basically the equivalent of the, except you get fewer, as you have Pastor's Sermons to fill out those levels.

Bonus Domain: Basically, you wondered where the second domain went? Well, here it is, in the form of a Pastor's Lesson.
A Pastor’s connection: The first thing that I thought of when creating this class: I originally thought about giving the pastor to form connections, which granted allies the ability that your familiars have.
A pastor’s Connection, Improved: Basically, continuing with granting your allies familiar abilities.
A Pastor’s Connection, Greater: As above.
Restorative Touch: This is the oddest one- I basically designed it to ensure that he can function as the party fixer-upper.
Strip Ailments: As with above.
Oratorical Channel: This is probably the one I'm most worried about- This is, basically, Extra Channel multiple times.
Gather Crowd (Ex): Basically, I ripped this off of the Diva bard. A pastor should be able to draw attention to himself.
Variant Channel: Because versatility in channeling.
Chain Sermon: This is among the most challenging one- I don't think it's too powerful, but it should be fairly decent.
Unwavering Sermon: Because hearing people in difficult conditions.
Instill Terror: I'm thinking of this replacing fascinate, but I'm not sure.

Channel Energy: I'm debating whether to let them keep this- It isn't too much, and they get it a level later than their peers. But with getting all those bardic performances... I'm not too sure.

Mr.Cobalt
2015-05-23, 09:15 PM
Have you looked at the Evangelist PrC from 3.5? That might be another good source of ideas for this class, thematically speaking.