PDA

View Full Version : I am creating a multiverse D20 d&d 3.x and requests advice

tsj
2015-06-03, 03:48 AM
Hi.

I am a GM in the planning phase for a sci fi pen and paper game.

I have chosen to make it a sci fi mix of various sci fi universes such as the matrix, hitchikers guide to the galaxy, star wars, star trek, wh40k, modern, future, terminator and a few others. But with strong fantasy elements such as d&d 3.5, lone wolf d20 and a few others.

I have created some custom items for this game and some custom classes.. actually a mix of custom classes and official classes.

This is the list of the 4 heroes as they are at the moment...

Mutated Borg Cleric level 3, Divine Tech Priest level 1 (my divine tech priest prestige class is a custom class that borrows from other classes such as other tech priest classes)

signature weapon (combi power claw and las pistol from d20 wh40k)

Mutated Gungan KAI Lord level 4 (this gungan has various mutations like the other charecters, most notably the super stretch mutation thing from the wh 40k d20 non official core rule book )

signature weapon... final fantasy mark VII gunsword (melee sword that may fire bullets in to the blade to make it vibrate and do more damage, can also use magic bullets for magic effects)

Mutated Tibbit Warmage level 3, undercover gunmage level 1 (my undercover gunmage prestige class is a custom class that borrows from other classes such as other gunmage classes)

signature weapon... final fantasy mark XIII gunsword (sword that can both be used in melee as well as fire bullets to make ranged attacks)

Heavy Mutated Ork Rogue Jedi level 4 (this ork has various mutations like the other charecters, most notably 2 tentacles, my rogue jedi class is a custom class that borrows from other jedi classes)

signature weapon... ligthsaber

the priest has 4 tech spells from modern players companion volume two, spells such as resurrect computer and send as attachment

now, I think the tech priest should be able to have these spells, but it would be quite powerful if he also had this next priece of equipment...

I have been thinking about letting the players have a neurophone.. like a regular smartphone of today but with the following advanced features...

- direct neurolink, the phone is a little black box that link with a users brain using neuro waves
- direct A/V neurolink, the phone can use a users eyes, mouth and ears to record and play 2D and 3D photos and videos
- sub space communication band (like star treks comm badges?) OR - super natural comm ability transending time, space and dimensions from Dr.Who

alternatively

maybe just an old nokia phone with the super natural comm ability transending time, space and dimensions from Dr.Who

or

star trek comm badges

or

star trek the original series communicator

or

?

I am worried about making the players to powerfull... for example the send as attachment spell could be used on a neurophone and give the tech priest the ability to teleport to anywhere in time, space and dimensions ?

Haruki-kun
2015-06-07, 02:14 PM
The Winged Mod: Moved to Homebrew.

qazzquimby
2015-06-07, 02:51 PM
I highly recommend looking into Dungeons: the Dragoning (http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dungeons:_the_Dragoning_40,000_7th_Edition#Downloa d), since it has pretty much everything you mentioned.

tsj
2015-06-27, 04:41 PM
Hi qazzquimby.

Thanks for the advice, I have recently been reading Dungeons: the Dragoning.

But I want to use the regular level progression instead of the one used in Dungeons: the Dragoning

I am still unsure about power balance, since my game will be homebrew,
both the setting and several of the
PC classes, PC prestige classes,
NPC classes and NPC prestige classes.

For now I have decided that my players will be granted a star trek like communicator device,
so that the send as attachment spell can not be used on the device.

The custom jedi class I created, I have decided to rename to rogue jedi templar to avoid confusion.

I might have more questions as I flesh out my homebrew setting.
Again, I wish to thank you all for the help I have gotten thus far :)