PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Ranger sub-class: tactician scout

mictrepanier
2015-06-07, 06:47 PM
Ranger sub-class

I just re-do my december 2014 scout sub-class . This is non-magical scout that rely on dexterity, wisdom and intelligence. Intelligence is only useful for wizards eldritch knights and skill lovers so i`ll give more dept. My scout is skilled in intelligence analysis, mobility and tactics. He is a ranger used to artifical environments as well as natural. The scout is more defensive than an hunter; he specializes in higher damage rather than mutiattacks.

Defensive tactics : There is Always Cover (level 3)

While in a favored terrain you are familiar with as a natural explorer, if you take a round analysis the surrondings and success on a dc 15 investigation roll, you and intelligence bonus alies may find cover within move range, using a dash action. Half cover in featureless environments like plains and desert, three-quarter cover in terrain with natural cover, like forest, hills, crags, etc.

Your Armor Class without cover bonus never can be lower than 10 + your Dexterity modifier + intelligence modifier, as you can analyse opponents attacks patterns and react.

Expanded Natural Explorer (level 6)

The scout gets an extra favored terrain to her list. The Scout can add Cities and Dungeons areas as favored terrain.

Superior scout defense : Maneuvers Analysis (level 7)
Humanoids attacks are still unpredictable, but your found a pattern in maneuvers. Your checks against being Disarmed, Grappled, Overrun, Shoved, Tumbled past, or Pushed Aside are advantaged, as are your saving throws against Battle Master maneuvers.

Evasion : The scout get evasion in favored terrain

Offensive scout tactics : Analysing Defense Patterns (level 11)
For the next hour, you get a damage bonus against a specific race equal to your intelligence modifier, as you can analyse defense patterns You should observe the creature in advance for at least one minute or success perception roll of dc 15 if only taking one action), All allies hearing your instructions get half your intelligence bonus, round down, against the same creature. More than one race can be analysed at the same time.

Evasion (level 15)
Evasion as per the rogue ability, without terrain restriction.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-06-08, 01:18 AM
Does this subclass disable ranger spellcasting? Because if it does, it's incomplete. It would need bonus features at levels 9, 13 and 17, probably a damage boost and a replacement for Cure Wounds and Lesser Restoration.

Also, you'd need to explain why the ranger could cast spells at level 2, but then not afterwards.

Apart from that, it looks OK. Needs a bit of copy-editing, but I can't see any glaring balance problems.

mictrepanier
2015-06-08, 04:25 AM
Spellcasting is still included.