PDA

View Full Version : Zaydos Decides to Expand on Past Work Tell me Which

Zaydos
2015-06-08, 04:17 PM
So I feel like expanding upon something I've already made, and I am creatively bankrupt at the moment, and possibly a drama queen don't know what to expand upon, so I've decided to let you tell me.

I will be taking votes in this thread as to what to expand upon from the following list. In 5-7 days if anything has gotten at least 3 votes I will work on expanding the thing with the most votes. Feel free to vote for up to your 3 favorite things, and feel free to tell me what you'd like to see.

Expanded Dragonblood: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?192406-Expanded-Dragonblood) Adding at least 3 new dragonblood subraces.
Courtier: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?304975-Courtier-%28Base-Class-PEACH%29) At least 2 new alternate magic progressions.
Incarnation: (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?306621-So-you-want-to-play-a-god-(3-5-Base-Class-PEACH)) New domain transcendencies.
Werewolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?309502-Listen-to-their-music-the-children-of-the-night-%28Werewolf-as-a-base-class%29): Either 4+ wolf powers or maybe finish the Obyrith/Far Spawn variant (no promises on the latter).
Jinnblood: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?312765-Jinnblood-%28Base-Class-Contest-XIX-winner-PEACH%29) New invocations. If someone points me to an 8th genie type maybe a new path.
Tall Tale: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?326799-Tall-Tale-%283-5-Base-Class-Contest-Winner-PEACH%29) At least one new Exaggerated Skill, maybe profession maybe Use Rope.
Vestige Priest: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?329655-3-5-Vestige-Priest-%28Soulbinding-Base-Class-PEACH%29) Actually cover some of the online vestiges finally.
Intoxicanter: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?350465-Intoxicanter-%28Base-Class-Contest-XXI-winner%29) A new concoction gained via a feat? I don't know.
Doomsayer: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?368342-Doomsayer-%283-5-Base-Class%29) New invocations of course.
Princess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?414734-Princess-%28Base-Class-Challenge-Winner%29): Umm some new songs.
Avengers as Vestiges: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?308176-Avengers-Assemble-within-me-%286-new-vestiges%29) More Marvel vestiges.
Pacts of Possession: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?330018-Pacts-of-Fiendish-Possession-Or-Soulbinding-a-Fiend) Some more fiends as vestiges.
Beast Tamer: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?226621-Beast-Tamer-%283-5-Base-Class-PEACH%29) More totem feats, because apparently Dinosaurs are needed (and maybe owls).

Feel free to make other suggestions, though no promises that I'll feel up to the challenge. If this goes well

qazzquimby
2015-06-08, 04:20 PM
More beautiful MtG classes please? Please?

necroon
2015-06-08, 04:48 PM
I'd vote for more Pacts of Possession. :smallamused:

dragonjek
2015-06-08, 04:55 PM
I think the Vestige Priest would be a good idea.

Particularly if you're intending to do online vestiges--there have been a couple (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?68757-In-His-House-At-R-lyeh-Vestiges) different attempts (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4007.0) by pretty good homebrewers (The Demented One and bhu, in these cases) to make the Outer Gods and Great Old Ones into vestiges, and I think they would work pretty well.

Zaydos
2015-06-08, 07:04 PM
More beautiful MtG classes please? Please?

I'll add more Mana Spells. A full class worth is possibly a little more than I could stir up, but I might be able to put a start into the Izzet spell list.

I think the Vestige Priest would be a good idea.

Particularly if you're intending to do online vestiges--there have been a couple (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?68757-In-His-House-At-R-lyeh-Vestiges) different attempts (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4007.0) by pretty good homebrewers (The Demented One and bhu, in these cases) to make the Outer Gods and Great Old Ones into vestiges, and I think they would work pretty well.

I more meant the remainder of the online ones from WotC, and the Dragon Magazine vestiges, but I'll consider those (I do love Mythos stuff).

Anachronity
2015-06-08, 09:15 PM
Tall Tale, definitely. It's an amazing and unique class with a bunch of really cool ideas, but since there are a lot of skills out there and only one person writing them I think you should review some of the older skills for balance and typos in addition to adding new ones.

AuraTwilight
2015-06-09, 05:43 PM
Incarnation, if you could.

Adam1949
2015-06-09, 08:46 PM
Werewolf and/or Jinnblood! Those seem fun!

Milo v3
2015-06-09, 09:21 PM
Incarnation... This was a tough choice.

Zaydos
2015-06-10, 10:25 PM
I have been reminded by an RL friend that I should include Beast Tamer as an option... even if they don't intend to vote. Feel free to add it to your vote (heck feel free to change your votes, this is pretty informal... please don't vote for 3 things twice/the same thing in 2 different posts you might manage to get away with it).

Also, yeah, there's a noticeable difference between the first skills I made with Tall Tale and the last (Hide and Bluff were hit the hardest in my biased eyes).

Thokk_Smash
2015-06-11, 08:58 AM
I vote for the Tall Tale, as it's my favorite of your homebrew.

VoodooPaladin
2015-06-13, 04:38 PM
Hmm. My votes go towards the Tall Tale because I like skill-based material, and the Princess because I'd like to actually see it in play. If the Simic Biomancer is on the list, then that's my #3.

EdroGrimshell
2015-06-13, 10:49 PM
I vote for the Tall Tale, as it's my favorite of your homebrew.

Ditto to this

Zaydos
2015-06-14, 12:34 AM
So while not closing the voting yet, since it looks like Tall Tale is going to win (unless I count the two requests for Incarnation not on this thread) anybody got Profession skills they want to see? Or other skills not on the list yet (Appraise and Use Rope come to mind). No promises that it will make it, but it might stir some ideas.

So far this has been enjoyable, though, and if people like I'll keep the thread around for another [time period] and open it to a second wave of voting once I finish whatever gets voted for this time (with whatever wins being off limits).

khadgar567
2015-06-14, 06:18 AM
So while not closing the voting yet, since it looks like Tall Tale is going to win (unless I count the two requests for Incarnation not on this thread) anybody got Profession skills they want to see? Or other skills not on the list yet (Appraise and Use Rope come to mind). No promises that it will make it, but it might stir some ideas.

So far this has been enjoyable, though, and if people like I'll keep the thread around for another [time period] and open it to a second wave of voting once I finish whatever gets voted for this time (with whatever wins being off limits).

jinnblood and profesion dancer( if you want to make shantea)

EdroGrimshell
2015-06-14, 08:54 AM

I'd like to see Appraise, Knowledge (History), or Profession (Undertaker)

Milo v3
2015-06-14, 10:17 AM
Profession (Alienist) could be interesting.

Zaydos
2015-06-14, 10:40 AM
jinnblood and profesion dancer( if you want to make shantea)

I think Dancer falls under Perform (Dance in specific) not Profession.

I'd like to see Appraise, Knowledge (History), or Profession (Undertaker)

Got some ideas for Appraise and Profession (Undertaker) so expect to see at least one of the two. Kno (History) not much is coming possibly because I don't like/remember the mass combat rules. Ok, now ideas are coming even if not really the best ones (abilities that only work when you have an army of followers are not the best low level abilities).

Profession (Alienist) could be interesting.

What kind of job is Alienist? I mean I do like the idea of Exaggerated Lovecraft Cultist or Protagonist, but it feels odd to call it a Profession skill. Of course this being Tall Tale I could, as an ACF like thing, invent an Exaggerated Skill Talent which allows you to put skill points/ranks in (effectively a skill which has no purpose outside of the Exaggerated Skill, which is different from Profession in that Profession theoretically gives synergy bonuses to things if you can convince your DM* and theoretically has other uses including making money).

Either way I'm going to keep alienist in mind it could be fun I have an inordinate love of aberration heritage feats.

*And this is why Profession (Private Investigator) is popular in my face to face games.

Milo v3
2015-06-15, 07:51 AM
What kind of job is Alienist?
It's an archaic/cooler term for psychiatrist.

Zaydos
2015-06-15, 11:32 AM
It's an archaic/cooler term for psychiatrist.

Now I feel dumb (this is what happens when you learn words from D&D). There are things I could make from that (mental ability score healing, some mesmerism maybe, umm... umm... still got better ideas than Knowledge (History).

I am going to close the voting and have the new Exaggerated Skills up in a few hours. Because at one point it looked like Incarnations would be close and I had two people request domains outside of this I went ahead and made 2 Domain Transcendencies, and throwing a bone to the people who voted Incarnation they are posted below.

Moon Domain: As a standard action you may change into the form of any medium sized animal (or your size whichever is smaller) or any creature of your type with no more racial hit dice than you possess as if with the Change Shape special quality. As a swift action you may force all creatures within 60-ft of you that are not currently in their natural forms to return to their natural form. Any abilities which allow them to enter another form are suppressed for 3 rounds, any spells which change their form are dispelled automatically.

Repose Domain: You gain a trio of abilities. Firstly you may use your Repose Domain’s death touch ability 1/5 rounds instead of 1/day. Secondly you may ward a body as if with a gentle repose spell at-will, this is a supernatural ability (and thus cannot be dispelled) and lasts 1 hour per Incarnation level, but you may designate a number of ward equal to your Charisma modifier which are longer lasting, persisting as long as you are alive and do not exceed this limit (at which point one ward at random is lost). Finally you may 1/day free souls within 100-ft as a standard action. When you do so any souls bound in containers through magic are freed to go on to their final resting points (note this does not affect pacts or bargains which determine a soul’s final resting place, such as a faustian bargain, only those which trap a soul such as Soul Bind). Unintelligent undead in this burst are automatically destroyed, intelligent undead which did not voluntarily become undead must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ Incarnation level + Charisma modifier) or be destroyed, intelligent undead which voluntarily became undead are unaffected.

Thokk_Smash
2015-06-15, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=Zaydos;19403186]Now I feel dumb (this is what happens when you learn words from D&D). There are things I could make from that (mental ability score healing, some mesmerism maybe, umm... umm... still got better ideas than Knowledge (History)./QUOTE]

What about bonuses to hit and/or damage depending on whether you can observe a humanoid's behavior and thus their mental state? Or a bonus to social rolls because you can more accurately gauge how someone is going to react to your words? That last one might be stepping on Bluff/Diplomacy's toes a bit, I suppose. It'd be so much cooler in a setting with a sanity score.

Ooh, what if the Storied tier lets you deduce someone's backstory after a long enough time observing then? Like Search for someone's past.

Zaydos
2015-06-15, 02:39 PM
And here are the results:

Appraise:
Least: By spending a full-round action you can detect magic in an object you can touch (gaining information as if with 3 rounds of detect magic). If it is magical you may attempt an Appraise check to determine its school instead of a Spellcraft check.

You may Appraise items as a standard action instead of requiring 1 minute.

Lesser: By spending 1 minute examining (and touching) an item you may determine its magical properties as if with an Identify spell. In addition you may appraise objects as a swift action and attempt to appraise a creature you can see (also as a swift action). As a standard action you can sense the direction and distance of all coins and gems within 100-ft.

Greater: You may use Appraise in place of Sense Motive. You may use the standard abilities of Appraise as a free action. You may now detect magic and identify an object at a range as long as you have line of sight, and may do so as a swift or standard action respectively. Finally you may score critical hits on Constructs ignoring their critical hit immunity (and any racial fortification abilities of Living Constructs) and your skill at identifying flaws in objects grants you a +1 increase to your weapons' threat ranges after all multipliers; this applies even against non constructs.

Storied: You may detect magic in 3 objects each round as a free action and identify 1 as a swift action. Secondly you gain Improved Sunder as a bonus feat, and may treat an object's hardness as 1/2 when sundering it. Finally you gain the ability to appraise a creature as a swift action (requires a DC 30 Appraise check) and may pick 2 of the following options learning them about the target. Your options are: its HD/Character Level; its highest skill bonus and which skill it is, in case of a tie one at random that you have not already learned); its BAB; or one of its ability scores, of your choice; highest save and its bonus; lowest save and its bonus; highest level spell available and whether it is Arcane, Divine, a Mystery, an Infusion, or Other; highest level spell-like ability available and its daily uses, if a tie daily uses for the one with most uses; base class in which they have the most levels; AC; DR amount and type if any; Energy Resistances or Immunities; or Spell Resistance.

Craft (Origami)
Least: When making a Craft (Origami) check you produce it at twice the normal rate/make twice the normal money. Once per day you can craft a Paper Doll and imbue it with life (this is a supernatural ability), to do so requires 2 GP worth of paper per Tall Tale level and 15 minutes. This paper doll functions as a fully augmented Astral Construct as manifested by a psion of your Tall Tale level, except that it cannot be dispeled, lasts for 24 hours or until destroyed, and has fire vulnerability. If the paper doll is damaged you can repair it a number of hit points equal to a Craft (Origami) check with 15 minutes of work. If the duration ends you may use the paper again either for another paper doll or simply as paper.

Lesser: When making a Craft (Origami) check you produce it at four times the normal rate/make four times the normal money. By spending 1 minute and 1 sheet of paper you can create a paper bird which serves to watch for you (this is a supernatural ability). The bird is a diminutive construct with 1/10th of a Hit Die, and a bonus to Spot checks equal to your ranks in Craft (Origami), have no Speed, and Str 1, Dex -, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1. If ordered by its creator a paper bird can let out a loud screech (DC -20 Listen check to hear), or a musical tune (DC 0 listen check, Perform bonus = 1/3rd your Craft Origami bonus). A paper bird remains animate for 1 hour/tall tale level after you create it and any paper birds with the same creator within 30-ft of each other share all skill check results. The crit range on your paper doll's natural weapons increases to 19-20/x2, and you can repair it with only 5 minutes of work.

Greater: When making a Craft (Origami) check you produce it at ten times the normal rate/make ten times the normal money.Your paper doll gains the benefits of your Exaggerated Skills of Lesser or lower rank based on Strength, Dexterity (but not Ride), Concentration, or Wisdom, and its crit range expands to 18-20/x2. In addition your paper doll now has Intelligence equal to yours -3, but does not gain skill points (except from Exaggerated Skills) or feats.

Storied: When making a Craft (Origami) check you produce it at thirty times the normal rate/make thirty times the normal money. Your paper birds gain Dex 12, and a fly speed of 30-ft (average maneuverability). In addition to paper dolls and paper birds you can now create paper beasts by spending 1 full round and 2 GP worth of paper per 2 tall tale levels, these paper beasts function as fully augmented Astral Constructs manifested with a manifester level of 2/3 your Tall Tale level rounded up, but have vulnerability to fire and appear to be quadrupedal animals (gaining carrying capacity, stability, and reduced reach as appropriate); unlike your paper doll these paper beasts can be dispelled (use your Tall Tale level for the caster level here) and last only 1 minute each. You may not have more than your Intelligence modifier + 1 (minimum 2) paper beast extant at a time. You may now repair your Paper Doll with only 1 minute of work, and it also gains the Greater and if you have them Storied rank abilities of any Exaggerated Skills it receives the benefits from (due to the Greater level of this ability).

Profession (Alienist)
Least: You gain immunity to the confusion spell and effects which emulate it, or are based off of it. You may use Profession (Alienist) in place of the Heal skill to perform Long-Term Care but only for the purposes of healing ability damage to mental ability scores. Once per day per creature you may talk with a creature for 10 minutes giving them advice and counselling to heal 1d4 points of damage to a single mental ability score. Counseling a creature is a language dependant effect.

Lesser: You gain immunity to fear and fear effects. You may now counsel a given creature any number of times per day, but each time after the first takes 5 additional minutes to produce results, and when you counsel a creature they heal 1d6 points to one ability score or 1d3 to all mental ability scores and are cured of any artificially induced forms of insanity (such as from an obyrith or the insanity spell. As a standard action you can talk a creature down from a confusion effect, rage, frenzy or other similar ability; this is a language dependant effect. This suppresses that effect or ability for 1 round per 3 ranks in Profession (Alienist) you possess at which point it resumes as normal if it has any duration remaining. Finally as a standard action you can attempt to put a creature into a trance, the creature is allowed a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your Tall Tale level + your Cha modifier) to resist but if they fail they are fascinated for as long as you use a standard action each round to maintain the trance, or it is broken by an effect or action which can free a fascinated creature (such as a threat against it); this is a mind-affecting, language dependent, Extraordinary ability, and if a creature succeeds on its save against this effect it is immune to your use of this ability for 24 hours. If you maintain a creature's trance for 3 rounds you may offer a suggestion as the spell suggestion (CL = Tall Tale level) with no saving throw; this is still an Ex ability.

Greater: You gain immunity to compulsion, and all forms of insanity. If you provide a creature with Long-Term Care it automatically heals all mental ability damage it has suffered, and heals 2 points of ability drain to each mental ability score. As a standard action you may allow an ally to make a new save against any fear effect affecting them (if it did not allow a save use what DC it would have if it allowed a save) and you may make a Profession (Alienist) check which they may use in place of their save if it is higher; this is a language-dependent effect. You may also now use your ability to talk a creature down from confusion or rage to affect a number of creatures per use equal to 1 + your Wisdom or Charisma modifier whichever is higher.

Storied: You can counsel a creature as a standard action, its time not increasing due to previous uses upon that creature, and when you counsel a creature they now heal 1d8+1 damage to a single mental ability score, or 1d4+1 to all mental ability scores, or 1d6 ability drain to a single mental ability score. By spending 10 minutes counseling a group of creatures (up to 1 creature per 3 ranks in Profession (Alienist)) you can grant them the ability to roll twice on all saves versus fear and a +4 on such saves for 4 hours; this is a language-dependent effect. When you suppress confusion effects you may also suppress any form of Compulsion affecting the target(s) for the duration. Finally when you use your ability to entrance a creature you may attempt to entrance 1 creature per 3 ranks in Profession (Alienist) and offer all such creatures a suggestion at the same time.

Profession (Undertaker)
Least: You are skilled at preserving bodies, by spending 1 hour of work you may preserve a body as if with the Gentle Repose spell (CL = Tall Tale level), this ability only works once per body; if the body is revived and the creature killed again you may use this ability on it again. In addition you gain the ability to Turn Undead as a cleric of your Tall Tale level, but you may choose when activating the ability to instead Rebuke Undead. If an undead would be destroyed the corpse is left intact, and you may only Command unintelligent undead with this ability (otherwise they are merely rebuked). If you have levels in another class which grants the ability to turn or rebuke undead your levels in these classes stack to determine effectiveness but you do not gain additional uses. If you have another Exaggerated Skill which grants Turn or Rebuke Undead you do not gain additional daily uses but Turn and Rebuke Undead as a cleric 2 levels higher than your Tall Tale level.

Lesser: You may Speak with Dead at-will as a supernatural ability; this functions as the spell but can only ask 1 question per 3 Tall Tale levels (instead of 1/2 caster levels) and cannot be used on a given corpse more than once. Unintelligent undead treat you as if warded with Hide from Undead; this only affects unintelligent undead (Intelligent undead automatically ignore it as if they succeeded their saving throw) and if you perform an act which would end it the effect resumes 1 minute afterwards.

Greater: You may now talk to corpses and unintelligent undead/deathless as if they were still whatever creature they were before death (using their living Bluff and Sense Motive for example) as long as they have an intact mouth and head. You may also re-animate mostly intact corpses as zombies as a supernatural ability. It requires 10 minutes of work to reanimate a corpse and it remains animate for 24 hours. You may only reanimate a number of hit dice worth of zombies equal to twice your Tall Tale level at a time. If a zombie deanimates due to the duration ending you may reanimate it with 10 minutes of work. These zombies are not true undead, as they are animated by the last remnants of life energy in the deceased corpses and have the Deathless type instead of the Undead type. You cannot reanimate a body killed by negative levels or a death effect in this way. In addition you gain immunity to the energy draining attacks of undead.

Storied: You may use your Gentle Repose ability (granted by the least tier) on the same corpse at-will. You may also give yourself the facade of death. To do so requires 1 minute of concentration, and while you have the facade active you are considered to be undead instead of your actual type, are healed by negative energy and harmed by positive; you are immune to turning, however, retain your Consitution score, and do not gain d12 hit dice. You may end this facade as a swift action.

Use Rope
Least: You gain proficiency in whips (and whip-daggers), nets, and lassoes. You may use a whip or lasso to grab objects within reach/range and pull them to hand (you must be able to lift the object in one hand and it must be no more than 1/2 your light load) as a standard action. If using a whip-dagger you deal damage to the object as if striking it. You may fold a net in 1 round.

Lesser: If you wrap your whip, lasso, or toss a grappling hook onto an object within 5-ft per Tall Tale level you can pull yourself to that object as a free action. When wielding a whip you may make attacks of opportunity with your whip, and do not provoke attacks of opportunity yourself, and you may damage a creature regardless of natural armor or armor it may possess. When wielding a net or lasso the range increment increases to 20-ft, and you may use a lasso at a range of up to 40-ft and a net at 20-ft; though you may treat their maximum range as 30-ft/10-ft for the purpose of how far a creature can go from you (if it is already within that distance). You add your Tall Tale level to the hp, Concentration check DC to cast spells while entangled by, and Escape Artist check DC of any net or lasso you wield, and 1/2 that number to its hardness and the Strength check DC to break, and it is considered to have a Dexterity bonus of 1/2 your Tall Tale level or your own Dexterity bonus whichever is higher for the purposes of AC.

Greater: You may tie a knot one-handed as a swift action which does not provoke an attack of opportunity, may bind a creature with 3 full-round actions (a single full-round action if the creature is helpless), and may splice two ropes together as a full-round action. When dual-wielding whips or lassos you may use them to swing from object to object moving at a speed of 60-ft per round, but you must have objects from which you could conceivably swing spaced out within the range of your whip/lasso. You add 5-ft to your reach with whips, gain a +2 on trip and disarm attempts with whips and lassos, may fold nets as a swift action, and add your Tall Tale level to Strength checks made to keep a creature entangled by a whip or net from moving beyond its reach.

Storied: You may tie a knot one-handed as a free action, bind a helpless creature as a move action, splice two ropes as a move action, and may bind a creature with 2 full-round actions. Any rope you hold acts as if it were affected by animate rope and gains the bonuses applied to nets and lassos you wield, you do not need to verbally command it, and this remains an Extraordinary ability. You may also use Rope Trick as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier (minimum 1). You suffer no penalty to attack rolls when wielding two whips or lassos (or 1 of each). If you have a creature entangled with a lasso or net you may bind them completely as a standard action. You may fold a net as a free action and when you strike a creature with a whip you may attempt to demoralize it as a free action, once you have used this on a creature you cannot use it on the same creature for 24 hours.

If people are interested in giving it another go, just let me know (or just start voting). Can't say when I'd close the voting next time (2 weeks probably but could be a little shorter or more depending upon brain), and Tall Tale would be off limits. Would probably keep votes (not for Tall Tale) from last time unless the people replaced them with new ones.

Debihuman
2015-06-17, 06:39 AM
Tall Tale, definitely. It's an amazing and unique class with a bunch of really cool ideas, but since there are a lot of skills out there and only one person writing them I think you should review some of the older skills for balance and typos in addition to adding new ones.

Also, too many spoilers. I can't even copy/paste because arrrgh!!!!!

EDIT: HOLY MOLY just found the spoilers button and can open ALL of them at once!!!! It's sticky so I had to click it a couple of times but it WORKS. No need for google doc or pdf now!!! Yeah baby!!

I'd still love to see it all up as a google doc or pdf because {sniff} it's that beautiful!

How can I bribe you to do this? :-)

[More edits]
Handle Animal -- if you can talk to your animal you don't ever need to teach it tricks, you just can tell it what to do. Maybe teaching it hand signals for when you can't talk would be better. Of course, it still has to see you for this to be effective.

Listen -- For lesser ability the bonuses should be circumstance bonuses. I'm going through this really fast so I'm skimming a lot.

[Even moar edits]

Porting this into a Word document so I can go through it later. It's gonna be HUGE. Over 40 pages and I'm not even done copy it all into the document yet.

You win a tip of my hat sir!

Debby

Zaydos
2015-06-17, 01:07 PM
Also, too many spoilers. I can't even copy/paste because arrrgh!!!!!

EDIT: HOLY MOLY just found the spoilers button and can open ALL of them at once!!!! It's sticky so I had to click it a couple of times but it WORKS. No need for google doc or pdf now!!! Yeah baby!!

I'd still love to see it all up as a google doc or pdf because {sniff} it's that beautiful!

How can I bribe you to do this? :-)

[More edits]
Handle Animal -- if you can talk to your animal you don't ever need to teach it tricks, you just can tell it what to do. Maybe teaching it hand signals for when you can't talk would be better. Of course, it still has to see you for this to be effective.

Listen -- For lesser ability the bonuses should be circumstance bonuses. I'm going through this really fast so I'm skimming a lot.

[Even moar edits]

Porting this into a Word document so I can go through it later. It's gonna be HUGE. Over 40 pages and I'm not even done copy it all into the document yet.

You win a tip of my hat sir!

Debby

With Handle Animal you still get tricks because there are things that an animal has to be trained to do even if it is willing and you can otherwise communicate your desire to it; such as attack aberrations and undead (called out as requiring an additional trick in addition to the attack trick because otherwise they'll freak out) and combat riding. Most tricks become useless, though, except for a few factors. 1) The person who teaches an animal a trick doesn't have to be the one who commands it (warhorses, guard dogs you buy). 2) Magical beasts can be taught tricks but cannot be communicated with still.

And I really should figure out google docs at some point, or how to convert something into a PDF. And consolidate Tall Tale into a single word document... it hasn't been in a while (since it's grown significantly since I originally posted it).