PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other 3.5 Chosen of Asmodeus Template ideas

SecretlyaFish
2015-06-14, 08:41 PM
So, I have been toying with the idea of creating some templates for some upcoming campaigns. Chosen of Diety/Archdevils are possible, and I would like to draw up what these might look like.

So, if any of you have read the forgotten realms campaign setting, they show off to my knowledge 2 chosen templates. Bane and Mystra.

Chosen of Bane : Bane grants the following powers to his chosen:

Bonus spells: endure elements, mind blank, negative energy protection
At will spells: command, enthrall
5/day: hypnotism, remove fear, or cause fear
3/day: charm monster, suggestion
1/day: dominate monster, geas
Immunity to aging effects and does not age
Damage Reduction
Ability to summon death tyrants beholders
Ability to let his shadow roam free through a telepathic link
A bonus to his Wisdom score and a very large bonus to his Charisma score.

Chosen of Mystra :
+10 Con
9 immunities to specific spells, levels 1-9, 1 of each
9 spell like abilities once per day, levels 1-9, 1 of each
Silver Fire
Immune to aging, disease, disintegration, poison, they have no need to sleep but must rest normally in order to prepare spells.
Detect magic in line of sight

What might a chosen of Asmodeus look like? Would he get to shapechange into a pit fiend once per day? Would he gain the half fiend template if he didn't have it already? Perhaps he would gain a loyal Devil Cohort, such as a Cornugon or Pit Fiend or Gelugon, Paerilyion, etc (chosens choice) that would defend the chosen to the death? If it died, he could immediately select a new one.

What are your ideas? I personally haven't thought about it too much. I'd like some opinions before I set something in stone.

Zaydos
2015-06-14, 09:23 PM
I'd suggest first and foremost the Baatezu subtype, and all that comes with it (Fire Immunity, 2 energy resistances, poison immunity, see in darkness, telepathy).

I'd give Charisma bonus, and enchantment effects (charm, dominate) as well, and Glibness, so much glibness.

I'd go with Half-Fiend Template or Fiendish Cohort over "I become a pit fiend temporarily" personally.

SecretlyaFish
2015-06-14, 10:00 PM
I'd suggest first and foremost the Baatezu subtype, and all that comes with it (Fire Immunity, 2 energy resistances, poison immunity, see in darkness, telepathy).

I'd give Charisma bonus, and enchantment effects (charm, dominate) as well, and Glibness, so much glibness.

I'd go with Half-Fiend Template or Fiendish Cohort over "I become a pit fiend temporarily" personally.

Agreed. It was just an idea I was throwing around of course. I really like the idea of the Fiendish Cohort, having a Devil that WON'T backstab you ever, would be a powerful ally indeed. At least not without facing the wrath of Asmodeus.

Chosen of Asmodeus :

Gains Baatezu Subtype - Immunity to fire and poison, resistance to acid and cold 10, see in any darkness, telepathy. Other devils such as lemures obey the commands of the chosen of Asmodeus as if he were an actual Devil.

+8 bonus to charisma
Permanent Glibness spell as a 20th level ability
Spell like abilities at will/x times per day ideas - Blasphemy, fireball, greater teleport, dominate monster, dominate person, mass charm, mass hold monster, power word stun, unholy aura, suggestion
Gate spell augmented, may call twice his HD in creatures, even multiples, as long as they are Devils.

Fiendish Cohort - Once per week - May have a Devil Cohort up to the HD of the chosen in power, with maximum hp per hit die. For example, a 18th level Cleric with the Chosen of Asmodeus template could have a Pit Fiend Cohort (18HD). The Cohort is unfailingly loyal, and never schemes to backstab the Chosen. If the Cohort dies or is dismissed, the Chosen may call a new one one week from when his current cohort was dismissed or killed.

Still unsure what spell like abilities, and how many times per day etc.

Cmon guys, some ideas would be nice...