PDA

View Full Version : The Green Chapel

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 08:36 PM
[THIS PLACE NO LONGER EXISTS. IT IS NOW A GREEN SPOT ON THE PAVEMENT]

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/Chapel1.jpg
This crumbling stone building, situated just outside the Town's walls, has long since been abandoned for the more popular places of worship. Once upon a time, Revenant would sit atop this place and look for prey. Now, it is his home.

THE MAIN HALL:
Being abandoned does not mean that the place has not aged beautifully. All but a few sections of roof and wall have held fast against the rigors of time, and everywhere the benign and forgotten God of this place has allowed growth. Save a few openings near the entrance to the cloisters, beautiful flora and greenery have broken through the stone floors, and ruby-red flowers don the ivy that so covers the walls. Most impressive is the altar of the chapel. A gentle, underground-borne stream has broken through the wall behind it, and the pristine white pedestal stands regally in the middle of a miniature waterfall that careens down the stairs into a pond where pews once may have been.

THE BELL-TOWER:
The bell-tower is still in functional order, despite having the appearance of a massive, leaf-covered tree. It consists of a winding, creaky staircase that begins just above the water level behind the altar and continues up in a spiral through an opening in the ceiling. It extends in rather dusty, unlit (save for the little light that slips through the cracks) close quarters up until the very top, which is where the bells themselves reside. The things have long been immobilized by the roots of a great oak that grows atop the tower. The view from the bells' perch is beautiful from any direction. The Four Priests of the Scale gravitate to the bell tower, but no one really knows why.

THE CLOISTERS:
These are the old, long-abandoned rooms where the monks once lived. The cloisters all connect to a small hallway that leads to the main hall. In the center of this hallway, also, is the staircase down to the cellar. The rooms are absolutely filled to the brim with ancient books and aging furniture of a simple style, and only half of them have windows. Most of the rooms are left empty to date.

IRIS AND REVENANT'S BEDROOM:

This used to be the head-priest's room. Thus, it is at the very end of the cloisters, and it is much larger than the stoic cubes that the other monks lived in. Unlike the other rooms, everything is neatly filed, in good repair, and clean; it's the only room that the couple has really bothered to fix and refurnish, as it's the only room that they use. Most of the room, even in its neatness, still has a cluttered aspect to it (after all, this is still the bedroom of a most unladylike adventurer and her disorganized, spastic companion who is for the most part sightless). One wall is entirely dominated by a massive wardrobe that is put to good use, and the opposite wall is strangely bare, as Revenant has yet to find anything to place on it. The bed looks a little out of place and bulky, as it is a two-person bed in a room where only one originally resided. Not that either of them would have it any other way.

ALASTOR'S ROOM:
This is the closest room to the main hall. Revenant's brother still holds his duties to KNAVES, and thus uses the Chapel as more of a temporary home for when he's off-duty. Due to recent events, he has fallen ill, and thus this small room is rather askew and has been hastily modified into an environment better suited to him: The bed has been removed from the room, and he sleeps on a cushioned floor. Similarly, a number of bandages and the like are strewn about the room and its only real piece of furniture: an old bookshelf. To assure that it doesn't fall on Alastor, the thing is nailed to the wall.

THE CELLAR:
What was originally a great, big room filled with piles of varied monastic clutter is now, thanks to Iris' cleaning, a great, big room filled with neat stacks of varied monastic clutter. As can likely be guessed, much of this room is used for storage. The wooden boards that form the ceiling in this room split and crack to offer room to the ever-encroaching plant life. The hanging flowers in the cellar, and the small amount of light that spills in, create a feel similar to a jungle. This is only accentuated by a branch of the same stream that fuels the pond in the main hall that flows through this room from some unknown, subterranean source and back again. When the bath is running for a long time, the place can even get moist and humid to the point of feeling like the wilds.

THE BATH:
Not so much a seperate room within the cellar as a surprisingly solid old barrier of half plants and half clutter that forms a small, cubicle-esque square of privacy. As such, this was an appropriate place to put the bath, which is an old, engraved bronze tub. The close source of water allows for the tub to be filled, and heated with one of the many features of Iris' wonder-umbrella. Although Revenant has no body heat to speak of, he has recently stopped bathing in the stream due to a preference for the hot water of the bath. Namely, in that Iris prefers it.

THE KITCHEN:
The kitchen and its accompanying mess hall (which is surprisingly small) are set across from the cloisters, on the other side of the main hall. Perhaps the pinnacle of Iris' accomplishments in commanding objects, the kitchen is a living cartoon of animate cutlery, plates, and other such things at the woman's beck and call. Particular is the lieutenant-type who leads the whole operation, a living cookbook aptly named "Cooky." Due to recent events, in which Revenant hurt Iris, Cooky is rather hostile to the man. The situation has been resolved (in a rather brutal fashion), and Revenant intends to make nice with the thing. After all, no one wants ankle papercuts.

An extra note: Don't trust the tea spoon with anything. It's a bit of a dullard.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 08:41 PM
Iris straightens out her clothing again before turning to scrutinize the place he'd brought her to. She grins a little at some wild violets she sees growing out of the floor boards.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 08:43 PM
Revenant's mouth drops open at the place.

"To think that I'd never seen what it's like inside...beautiful!"

He sits down on the grass near the pond in the center and looks around with a sense of wonder in his eyes...or, lack thereof.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 08:50 PM
Iris laughs, thinking to herself that he is better than she is at appreciating things as a female would. Although, she is thinking the same things that he is saying. She meanders over to where he is sitting, but doesn't sit yet, instead, standing and leaning on his shoulder.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 08:53 PM
He remains silent for a long while, just looking into the water. He's entirely motionless, not doing so much as taking a breath. Without looking at her, he smiles crookedly and speaks, his voice echoing through the chapel, otherwise filled only with the sound of the stream.

"I love it when you laugh."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:00 PM
Iris allows herself to slide down into a sitting position, still leaning on him a bit. "Maybe I'll start doing it more often." She does chuckle under her breath, realizing how awkward this is going to be for her. Blushing may not be her thing, but he seems to have been doing enough for the both of them.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 09:06 PM
"When you laugh..."

He blinks twice, and turns his head to face her as she starts to sit down,

"It lets me know that we're both happy."

His bleach-white lips return to what must be the exact same pleasant smile and he relaxes, as though the nature of the place has dulled his edges.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:11 PM
Iris' head tilts forward and down a bit as she stares at the water. "I haven't been happy in quite some time, darling," she says quietly. With a half-hearted chuckle, she continues, "You'll have to let me get used to it."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 09:16 PM
Revenant continues to smile, and dips his head to her level.

"I suppose that there must be a lot of things going on in your mind, even now."

He pauses, looking her in the eye.

"Well, a woman once told me to put it all behind me...and look at what happened. I'd consider it sage advice. Her words, I would learn, aren't to be taken lightly."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:20 PM
"And now she's being gagged on her own words, slowly and cruelly," Iris says, crossing her arms and looking away, faking anger, more than likely obviously.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 09:24 PM
Revenant laughs, himself, and begins trying to shift himself back into her view.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I get too hapless-romantic for you there? Well, I apologize for giving advice."

He squints and grins playfully, filling in her usual role as the one who makes fun of people's feelings.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:30 PM
Iris sniffs a little laugh again. "Apology accepted. This time." She flashes him a fake warning stare.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 09:32 PM
The fake stare nearly sets him laughing all over again, and he flashes her a look of fake fear to match.

"This time, hmm? Anything I can do to make it up to you?"

The rogueish look crosses his face again, then is instantaneously replaced with a look of "Oh dear, what did I just say?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:34 PM
She waves a hand out carelessly, eyes shut to the roguiesh look, "That's for you to figure out, darling. It's your fault anyway." This is basically Iris' way of seeing what he'll think up.

Nevrmore
2007-04-25, 09:36 PM
Definitely undead...

Kaio spies upon Revenant and Iris silently from a distance.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:37 PM
((Ooh? I like. Something interesting for them to do. Good. I was hoping this wasn't going to turn strictly into a romantic comedy.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 09:38 PM
((FINALLY. I was thinking the same. Adventure, ho!))

Revenant lies down, still grinning but also looking a little bit tense. So much for relaxation.

"Are you sure you want your idiot to figure this one out? I'm not well known for my thought process."

He sticks his tongue out at her and then just grins in her direction. He folds his arms behind his head, which wears a taunting smile. He really does enjoy mangling her words.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:45 PM
Iris laughs again, "At least you're owning up to it this time around." Her smile is a bit tired, Revenant may realize.

Nevrmore
2007-04-25, 09:46 PM
An undead exhibiting foreign emotions...How queer.

Kaio's inhuman fingers elongate and extend, touching the ground. They meld into the ground like shadows and begin to snake towards Revenant.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-25, 09:49 PM
((Forgive. The deadtime beast strikes and I'd rather be around for this.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-25, 09:50 PM
((M'kay...to Malleo!))

He notices the hour, belatedly.

"Oh, right. Sleep. I forgot I don't need it."

Revenant sits up out of his romantic haze, looking a little guilty. This doesn't last for long. He feels a prescence near, very near, and draws a nail as quickly as he can.

W-what?

Nevrmore
2007-04-25, 09:54 PM
The snaky shadows stop as Kaio sees Revenant seem to assume a stance.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 06:00 PM
Revenant looks around, his eyes searching for any sign of life. Life is all around, glowing white-hot in his vision...

But nothing is evident that could have him so worried.

He looks at Iris briefly, and sheathes the nail, sighing.

((Gonna be studying for an hour about 10 minutes from now, so don't expect this to go too far))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 06:01 PM
((We can wait for about an hour. You simu-ninja. :smalltongue:))

The presence evades her sleepy mind, however, Iris grips her umbrella tightly as Revenant draws a nail. Her expression says 'What's wrong, darling?' And yes, darling is miraculously included in the expression. How she does it, no one knows.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 06:03 PM
Kaio's form begins to diffuse, becoming more like a swirling mass of blackness than anything. Even his brilliant golden helm blurs as he begins to glide towards Iris and Revenant in the form of some strange shadow.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 06:04 PM
"I thought I sensed something...But I see no life here aside from you and the plants."

He gives her a half-smile and stands up.

"Go to sleep; you need it. I'm going to have a look around."

He almost walks right into the shadow as he turns.

"Wha-IRIS!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 06:09 PM
Iris makes it to her feet a lot quicker than they'd expect, her umbrella held at the ready. Perhaps her upbringing rather had something to do with it. She's not sure whether to turn it into a shield yet or not. "Looks like we've got company, darling."

Goblin Music
2007-04-26, 06:10 PM
((i wonder... would be interesting to blast some 'fireworks' in to this thread:smallamused:

Nah))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 06:12 PM
((You could try. Considering the whole "guardian who put plants here" thing, I doubt that they'd do much damage for long. Not to mention, what idiot/jerk would set off fireworks in here, of all places?))

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 06:24 PM
The shadow that is Kaio sinks into the ground and continues its journey towards the couple.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 06:34 PM
((Looks like a bit of a break. Darn it. Well, I can run the Ash Demon around for a bit. Woot!))

Iris does a bit of a jump backwards, trying to decide how to handle this. Call it out? Or attack first? She might command the ground to open up and reveal the shadow, but then that would really mess up the monastery. Damn it.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 06:43 PM
The inky blackness traversing the ground begins to circle around Iris menacingly. At least, as menacing as a shadow can be....

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 07:02 PM
Iris does notice the circling shadow and the only thing she can think to say is, very irritatedly, "Oh, don't tell me you're expecting me to be the damsel in distress." She holds her umbrella in a her own rather menacing pose, prepared to strike at the shadow.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 07:10 PM
The shadow forms a ring around Iris. Kaio begins to exert necromantic influence into the center of the ring. The result should be Iris starting to feel rather ill and tired as he slowly tries to erode her body.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 07:32 PM
Iris does begin to feel somewhat weak, her hands shaking as they do when she gets ill. It hits her that the shadows are definitely up to something.

"Walls, give me a place to stand." At her request, a few bricks begin to jut out just enough to accommodate one person to stand on them. She gathers her energy and leaps upon it. She also presses the red button on her umbrella causing it to burst into bright flames. Iris rather hopes this will keep the shadows at bay.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 07:37 PM
Revenant staggers as the shadow goes under him. He realizes what's going on...and his sockets narrow.

"Don't.

You.

Dare.

Harm.

Her.

You.

Damn.

Ink.

Stain!"

Both of his hands burst into a white glow and he slashes his hands through the mass, attempting to make it recede.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 07:43 PM
THe shadow forms back into one solid mass, evading the various attacks the couple throws his way, and emerges from the ground. Slowly, it takes on Kaio's form once again.

"Hm hm hm hm..." He chuckles lowly, "Yes, indeed it is true..." Two burning white eyes stare at Revenant through his gladitorial helm, "You may be able to fool others with your guise, but my practiced eyes can penetrate your lies easily, and my nose can smell the reek of undeath upon you." He says, twisting in a strange way as if leaning to one side, "A very peculiar ghoul, however. I am intrigued."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 07:49 PM
Revenant draws a nail and points it at Kaio, and the distinctive projectile begins to glow white in a similar manner to his hands. The threat is more idle than real, though, as his immediate attention is on Iris. He runs over to the trembling woman, quickly looking to make sure that she won't fall. Happy with her immediate safety, he draws a second nail.

"Who are you? Is attacking her some twisted joke?"

He snarls, advancing on Kaio and taking the completely wrong impression;

"I suppose I've been lucky to have never faced undead hunters before. Well, I'm the monster, not this woman. So have at you!"

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 07:51 PM
Kaio laughs some more, the strange "hm hm hm" that sounds as if he is expelling air in short bursts from his diaphragm,

"To research, you must first remove all variables." He says. His body continues to twist unnaturally, now almost to the point of turning his entire torso backwards as he points a spindly finger towards Iris, "She is a variable."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 07:52 PM
Iris flips the red button, turning off the flames. She carefully takes a light step down from the wall and crosses her arms over her chest. Her deep blue eyes appear to be piercingly angry and directed solely at the intruder. "Revenant, darling, as much as I appreciate your chivalry, I don't think that's what he means. No self-righteous holy hunter would use that sort of energy."

She plants the umbrella into the ground. "I think now would be an opportune time to explain yourself."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 07:55 PM
At the term variable, his eyes burst forth with red light and he screams angrily. Only the voice of reason, otherwise called "Iris," stops him from lunging then and there.

"I suppose...your research...will finish with incomplete results then..."

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 07:57 PM
Kaio's strange laugh grows louder at Revenant's outburst. He manages to turn his torso 360 degrees back to its normal position as he bows lightly, although it is definitely a patronizing bow.

"Allow me the introduction, then. I am Kaio Fyta, foremost professor and researcher of all things that have joined in the cycle of death and rebirth."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 07:59 PM
"You told me everything I needed to know about you when you tried to kill Iris. State what you want or take your leave now."

Revenant barely holds back a rage, and the nails in his hands make light clicks and clacks as his hands twitch.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:03 PM
((Vedran needs to get ahold of a lot of people now. You'll have your chance sooner or later, believe you me.))

"Well, then I suggest you continue your... studies... elsewhere," Iris says, hoisting her umbrella back into the air.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:04 PM
"Ah, but there are no subjects as intriguing as you."

Four shadowy figners shoot out like ropes, trying to entangle Revenant as Kaio readies his other hand to stave off any attacks from Iris.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:06 PM
Iris whips out her umbrella in shield mode to try and shield Revenant from the tendrils. She also wishes the fire and eletricity worked in shield mode, but for now, this'll have to do.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:09 PM
He stabs erratically with the nails, fending off the fingers as best he can.

"Anything you wish to know, I'd be glad to tell you. There's not much to-"

A finger hooks behind his leg, and he is silenced prematurely as he impacts the ground.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:11 PM
The fingers, undaunted, suddenly stiffen , bending at the tips much like the prongs of a rake, try to slam down on Revenant's body and drag him towards Kaio while his other hand tries to push Iris back

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:11 PM
Iris flips the switch that turns it back into sword-like mode. Then the red button for fire. She begins to slash at the finger along the ground very angrily. "I didn't fight to release him from the grasp of one selfish bastard to give him to another!"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:15 PM
((Ooh. Bad choice.))

Revenant's torso is pinned beneath the fingers, but as he is dragged he notices their sudden lack of fluidity. His hands push up through a gap in the odd rake-like appendage.

"Sorry, but you asked for it."

He grins menacingly and pulls out four glowing, rapier-sized sewing needles, and promptly delivers them in a spearing motion to one of the fingers each.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:17 PM
The fingers are all cleaved in half, the tips hitting the ground and just as quickly disappearing into a black mist. Kaio quickly withdraws his hand, screeching. He also withdraws his other hand, using it to nurse his wounded appendage.

"Do not anger me, ghoul, it will only end badly for yourself." He says as his fingers begin to regenerate. He takes a step back (Well, a sort of...glide, back) and looks at Iris and Revenant, "I only need one of you..." He says rather threateningly.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:19 PM
"One of us for what?" Iris asks, aware that this may be a great deal more dangerous than just a simply overzealous researcher.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:20 PM
Revenant jumps back to his feet.

"Obviously something that neither of us wants to be a part of."

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:23 PM
The bottom of Kaio's shredded cloak, laying flat on the ground, begins to extend. The various red stains suddenly disappear into the blackness.

"Human with a slight elf mixture..." He says monotonously, as if reading it from a list, "I am not interested. Research on both your kinds have been plentiful...You're expendable."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:27 PM
Revenant opens his mouth and his eyes pour red light again, but it dims.

"The last person who thought that she was expendable is currently spending the rest of eternity in a glass eye."

Revenant finally figures to screw the subtlety, and white lightning blasts from his own fingers to Kiao.

"Here's to hoping you aren't that lucky."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:29 PM
Iris watches, holding her umbrella up in an offensive position. What kind of person is this? she asks herself. I've not dealt with this kind of monster before.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:31 PM
Kaio suddenly disappears into the ground as the lightning reaches him. Well, not so much disappears, it's more like a hole suddenly opened up that he fell into.

He suddenly emerges quite quickly behind Revenant, trying to clasp his hand over his mouth.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:33 PM
Iris almost jumps, exclaiming her thoughts, "What the hell are you?!" She makes a bull rush for the offending Kaio.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:33 PM
A startled Revenant tries to yell. The scars on either side of his mouth tear abruptly, and his entire head opens to, quite literally, bite at the hand.

Ow. I always hate it when it comes to this...

He whips two of his nails around, attempting to find how the ghostly figure will react to being kneecapped.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:36 PM
Kaio's form diffuses again, becoming a black mist. However, which might come to Revenant's surprise, he still seems to have a hold on him as his shadowy form tries to completely envelope him.

Meanwhile, the blackness that had been spreading from the bottom of his cloak suddenly erupts into multiple hands, grabbing at Iris' ankles.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:39 PM
"Gog dummid!"

Revenant coughs on the mist, deciding that there's only one thing left to salvage what might very well be his last moments.

He calls upon the rather ample heritage of Namesake's holy powers that he possesses, and unfolds his wings and tail just as his entire body flashes like a bomb going off.

"GO...AWAAAAAAAY!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:40 PM
Iris yells desperately, "Ground, pull Revenant out of there, now!" The ground beneath Revenant should shift upwards rather drastically, hopefully pushing him out of the misty being.

The hands catch ahold of her and she stops running, quickly regaining as much balance as she can. Once again she uses the umbrella to slash at them, only this time trying the electric option of the umbrella.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:43 PM
The holy power expels the mist, which promptly dissipates.

Kaio, interestingly enough, emerges from the black puddle that has the firm hold on Iris. Her electricity seems to be hitting only his golden helmet, which seems none the worse for wear as the strange wraith tries to get a strong hold on the woman.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:46 PM
Iris is stunned momentarily, probably allowing him to get a good grip on her. However, she is still holding the umbrella. She switches it back to flames and tries to drive it back into him. "Get your hands off of me!"

Goblin Music
2007-04-26, 08:47 PM
a loud whistling starts up

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:47 PM
((Um... what are you doing?))

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:48 PM
Kaio screeches and tries to wrench the umbrella from her hands,

"You wretched wench, I should slaughter you!"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:50 PM
Revenant stands atop a veritable spire that has risen from the monastery floor, looking about as pissed as he can get.

"Though I may enjoy
the pain of lover-boy,
Who chose a fate with your now-captive lass,

I find myself angry,
that you might endanger me,
To find your facts, you selfish shadow a-"

"Iris. Raise your shield, NOW."

Rhyme exhales a great gout of blue flame just as Reason hurls the apt words of Revenant's; "GO," and "AWAY."

Goblin Music
2007-04-26, 08:50 PM
((Cannoning the ground near the place with a normal cannon ball. why?))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:51 PM
a loud whistling starts up

((WHY are you cannoning an abandoned church?

EDIT: Nevermind, I suppose he's just posting in all threads that he cannoned another building. Is cannon even usable as a verb?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:52 PM
Iris hopes this will work, "Helmet, remove yourself!" Unless the helmet is being directly controlled by the wraith, it should fly from his head at her command. She also throws up her shield at Revenant's command.

A new, cruel voice slinks from the shadows, "Oh, please do and save me the trouble." A dark haired woman emerges from behind a wall, smirking quietly, answering to the wraith's comment.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 08:54 PM
((Oh dear. This would be the character you mentioned?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 08:56 PM
((Oh indeed. I've contemplated throwing her into this for awhile now. We'll see how it goes.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 08:56 PM
The helmet goes flying.

This would appear to be a good sign, but it is quickly apparent at the bad choice this was. The black mass that was Kaio's head, for lack of a better word, explodes. Shadowy nothingness fills the church house carrying a force sufficient enough to shove an average person to the wall. Greedy tendrils of ink shoot out from the ever expanding blackness, attempting to wrap themselves around anyone or anything they can.

Goblin Music
2007-04-26, 08:58 PM
a large flamming cannon ball slams in to the ground near the church sending extremely hot earth (and flaming Steel) in to the air (i bombed Trogs did you see?)

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:01 PM
((Ah.))

The flying flames and steel quickly dissapate into the shadowy mass filling the church, I'd assume.

Revenant perches like a gargoyle on his spire, grimaceing.

"Two can play at this game, although the light and dark spat is a little bit overdone,"

A few of the glowing nails turn ghostly and appear to sharpen themselves into blades. They put off an astounding level of light.

"Don't you think?"

He hurls the nasty-looking things all over the inky mass, but stops short when he notices the other woman.

"Not ANOTHER lunatic!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:01 PM
((I'm sorry, I'm kind of ignoring that.))

The woman throws up her arms unamusedly and shockingly coolly as though she'd had this planned herself, however impossible that is. From her arms a pair of large ellipses of olivine energy repulse the tendrils from herself. "Very clever, Iris," she comments unemotionally.

Iris, being right next to the man before he exploded, takes a good deal of the force and is propelled forward. The umbrella, still under commands to stay close and protect her, flies up and tries to fend off the tendrils of ink. However, their does appear to be a hole in the umbrella from earlier.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:04 PM
The shadowy mass recedes from the lit-up nails as they travel through the room, trying their best to avoid the sharpened edges. After only a few seconds of this strange chaos, several tentacles slam the ground and instantly spread along the ground, effectively becoming like a growing, giant hole in the ground.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:09 PM
A lone, jet-black tear drops from Revenant's cheek. The stress is really getting to him. Looking around, he settles on the only available option...flight, both in tactic and in reality. Dropping the rest of his immediate collection of illuminated, oversized repair devices into the hole, he lunges for Iris, attempting to carry her up to the belltower. He just grabs at the first part of her that he can get ahold of, not caring in the slightest about comfort at the moment.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:12 PM
Iris is grabbed by the upper arm and shoulder, she doesn't have time to make a noise before she is borne off to the top of the belltower. The umbrella holds itself up to her hands, not really caring if she's gripping at it or not.

The woman faintly notices the flight and barely tilts her head, "An annoyance." A third circle appears and hovers beneath her feet, keeping her from falling into the ground.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:13 PM
The blackness charges after Revenant at speeds unmatched by other big...black globules of stuff.

Goblin Music
2007-04-26, 09:13 PM
(the flaming mass does what you want it to do)

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:14 PM
((I already covered what the flaming mass does))

"Okay, I'm scared here. That guy's more interested in me than YOU are, and the woman apparently knows you."

Revenant doesn't bother to apologize for the rough flight, instead heaving Iris up to his level.

"I'd say that this qualifies as an eventful first night out.

...Oh, sunuva..."

He puts both of his palms out, face toward the blot of shadow.

"YOU'RE NOT PART OF THIS RELATIONSHIP, JERK!"

Despite a slowly draining power level, he funnels what is essentially a very hot floodlight onto the thing.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:20 PM
"I'd say so, darling," she says, but then she looks a little confused, "What woman?" Iris peers back.

However many feet below, the womans stand, wrapped in a deep olive green cloak and watching her back with a fixed gaze. "So much trouble for such a stupid girl. I'll be glad when she is dead." There is very little emotion in this, just a simple statement.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:22 PM
"I don't itnend to kill her, but I will if I must.." Kaio's voice says softly behind the strange woman. If she would turn, she would see his distinctive white eyes staring out from the blackness as the vague silhouette of his form steps out. "Her fervor for protecting this undead is queer."

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:25 PM
"You just don't get it. I don't want to be research, you animate smear."

Revenant, empowered by the notion that Iris is in danger, pulls out one of his favorite tools of the trade...a railroad spike, pulsing with a deep red, angry energy this time.

"Now ask me whatever the damn thing is that you want to know before I erase you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:25 PM
A slight grin curls on the woman's lips. She brushes her straight black hair behind her shoulders, over the flowing cloak that swirls around her feet. "All I require is her death. Then I will return home thusly satisfied. I could care less as to the undead." The words flow smoothly together and no emotion taints the lilt of it.

Iris looks down at her, "You know, this'd mean a lot more if I even knew who the hell you are." What a way to spend her first evening with Revenant. Date really. Great...

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:27 PM
"Then your intentions are foreign to me."

The inky mass following Revenant does not respond. t begins to slam against the sides of the chapel, turning every inch into its own hole, as if each side were a different dimensional portal.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:29 PM
((Oh crap, just realized I'll be gone for most of tomorrow...damn.))

Revenant briefly glances at the woman, but turns his attention back to his own foe. His voice layers over itself, and his entire body seems to hum with energy.

"What...do...you...want from me?"

But when it's gone, he suddenly falls flat, expecting, quite literally, his own end.

"Wha-...?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:29 PM
((Geeze. I'm gonna be bored. Meh, I'll make due. You'll have to do the same for me the next night, however. I'm gonna be gone.))

The woman turns her eyes to him, her face remaining stationary, "As are yours to me." She doesn't deign herself to answer Iris, merely watches and tries to gauge what to do next.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:31 PM
The black mass greedily tries to wrap around Revenant. If successful, he will be magicked far away from the chapel, the Town, and the world...

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:32 PM
"N...NO! IRIS!"

And Revenant is gone.

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:33 PM
((Congratulations, Necro, you're now in Tartarus.))

The inkly blackness begins to recede after claiming its prize.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:33 PM
((Since she is in his arms more or less, does that mean she comes too? ^_^ Come on... it'll work better that way.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:36 PM
((Well, he is grasping her arm, but I'm not sure if it works that way.))

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:38 PM
((Nope, the shadows are a direct extension of Kaio, and he's being selective.

It is possible to find out where Revenant is, though. Although I can't tell you a way to discern it.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:39 PM
((Oh crap. Now she's left alone with the lady who wants her dead. And doesn't really care how it get's done. Whoops... Now I have to RP both of them all alone! Not to mention she's a lot more powerful than Iris... crap. She's a goner.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:41 PM
((Not entirely.))

The doors to the church burst open, revealing four heavy, armored figures covered in cloth.

"Leave our chosen alone, Heathen."

"Her fate is not for you to decide."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:42 PM
Iris tries to chase after the shadows, "NO! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL!"

The olivine lady merely watches, hoping Iris will break her neck on the way down. She looks to the four priests and smiles, "Her death is all I require. I spoke nothing of her resurrection."

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:42 PM
Soon, the black mist reforms entirely into Kaio, complete with the golden helm. He turns around.

"It seems you've visitors. As I have received what I've come for, I shall be on my way."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:45 PM
"Slay him!" Iris cries, throwing the umbrella towards the back of him with a fierce force. The diamond tip glitters angrily. She continues to try and follow him, remarkably acrobatic on her way down from the top of the belltower.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:47 PM
"Your concept of fate is flimsy. You have no grasp of what you speak."

The priests walk as one, filling the chapel with the sound of grinding metal.

"This-"

The front red priest draws an immense, jagged mace, built so as to appear an orb from which emerge the faces of saints,

"Is fate."

Nevrmore
2007-04-26, 09:47 PM
Kaio turns to look at Iris as the umbrella descends. Even though the only features discernable on his face are his whitened eyes, she can tell that he is taking some sort of sadistic glee from this.

"Goodbye, now." He says before shadows wrap around him. The umbrella pierces the shadows which quickly dissipate, but alas, the necromancer is no longer there.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-26, 09:48 PM
The woman looks up, her cat-slit eyes the same olivine green, "She has that which was fated to be mine. I merely have come to claim it."

The umbrella returns to Iris, unable to complete her command. She collapses on the rooftop, unable to complete her plans to try and find him. The energy he had used earlier taxed her, not to mention a day of fighting. She was utterly spent and alone.

((Deadtime. Blech...))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-26, 09:55 PM
"She has long since resigned her fate to another, one who is in grave danger as we speak."

A second priest draws a greatsword, built in the shape of a grand, heavenly wing.

"You seal your own even as you take claim to hers."

A third's robes flutter as a great golden chain begins to circle about him like a cyclone, each link inscribed in minute runes with lines of scripture.

The final priest extends his hand, and in it appears a jet, iron executioner's axe. A sinister liquid, almost too red to be blood, drips from it in great streams.

"As was Revenant, she, too, is our ward."

((Gonna be a while before we can continue this scene. Oh well.

Y'know, this is the most perfect point for a "TO BE CONTINUED," ever.

...C'mon, admit that it is.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-27, 06:38 PM
The woman merely shakes her head slowly. "She has my birthright. Through no merit of her own. I intend to reclaim only that which is mine. And it will be mine as it is fated to be. Her life or death or rebirth after that is none of my concern." Two large and sharp rings of energy appear in her hands, seemingly made of the same magic as the other things she had created to defend herself. "The question is: will it be now or later?"

Iris lies atop the roof, still not moving though she feels wretchedly ill. In her own head she berates herself: You weak little fool. You failed. You failed again. That creature, that beast has taken him away because you were too weak.

She rolls her head to the side and notices the umbrella lying nearby. So stupid... why are you lying here feeling sorry for yourself? Get up. Get up... If he's going to die it's not going to be because you were too busy wallowing in your own stupidity. Get. Up. The umbrella moves into her hands and she uses it to begin to push herself back up into standing. Or at the very least, crouching. Maybe kneeling, yes, kneeling'll do for now. She is shaking visibly. Her stomach lurches but nothing is there to be thrown up since she hadn't eaten all day.

((I'll admit it. I was in suspense all day. Town is like reading a good book when you play with the right people. ^_^))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 11:15 AM
"It will be now or never. You claim her birthright through no mortal reason but spite."

With that, all four of the priests charge at the mysterious woman; mace, sword, chain and axe.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 11:20 AM
The woman remains motionless, but throws out the rings of metallic energy towards the charging priests. The rings are sharp and may inflict some nasty blows against the armour. "I claim my birthright, something mistakenly transferred to her." She closes her eyes calmly.

Iris manages to stand, still shaking. She can hear the priests but that only causes her to become utterly confused, "What the hell are they doing here?" She carefully edges her way closer to get a better look.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 11:25 AM
The first red priest takes a massive blow to the chest from one of the rings, sending him careening off into a wall. The second red priest attempts to entangle her while the black priests advance.

"Her birthright is of no one's concern but ours. You exist, and thus should find yourself quite satisfied."

"She belongs not to you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 11:33 AM
"So stubborn," the woman says, almost laughing, "And for what? What could she possibly mean to you?" She allows herself to be entangled without a fuss. In fact, she seems rather entertained by this. The first ring rebounds off of the red priests and begins to come back towards the others. The second ring flies up to the rooftop, seemingly seeking Iris.

Iris' umbrella flips back into shield mode, awaiting the attack from the ring. "The hell?!" She seems quite taken aback, wondering what everyone's deal is today.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 11:37 AM
"She means naught but pain and loss to us."

The executioner black priest bats the ring away, waiting for it to come flying back again. The first red priest stands up again, heaving his mace back up into his hands.

And, as a great, angelic sword is brought down upon the woman,

"Yet she means everything to him."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 11:48 AM
"Then he should try to reevaluate his priorities," she says, the faintest of smiles still upon her lips. The sword looks as though it might very well cleave her in two, however, she begins to split horizonatally, rings of magical light apparently between the sections of her body. One by one, the sections disapear, folding into a single metallic ring.

However, on the rooftop, the ring before Iris begins the precise opposite maneuver. Starting from the middle, the ring begins to slide the woman's body back into place. The metal ring in the center of the priests and the one they had just batted away fly up after her, entering her hands. "Iris, just die," she says, sounding so sensible.

Iris takes a few shaky steps back and her eyes narrow as she stares the woman, "I'm sorry, darling. I'm not quite ready to die just yet." She holds up the umbrella threateningly, shifting it into it's sword shape and lightning mode. Who is she?

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 11:53 AM
"His 'priorities,' as you call them, are our duty."

The golden chain hooks up to the tower and that red priest rises, carrying the sword-wielding black priest. The other two priests start up the stairs, clunking heavily on the wood.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 12:00 PM
The woman surveys Iris' state and tries a tactic a bit different than what Iris expects. One far more cruel. She sniffs haughtily, "This is what keeps me from what is rightfully mine? Were I not so impatient all I would have to do is wait for you to be killed."

This is rather infuriating for Iris, who would much rather just electrocute this woman to death and call it a night. Witty comebacks are eluding her at this point and time. Being somewhat sick and very stressed can do that. Instead she just gives her umbrella a pointed swing and says, "What makes you think you'll be the one to do it?" The fact that that was a horrible comeback doesn't escape her, but she decides she'll do with what she's got.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 12:03 PM
"Indeed, what makes you think that she is rightfully yours?"

The chain comes whirling at the woman again, just as the other two priests make it up to this level. All four begin slowly closing in on the two women.

"She has lived through more than you would dare fight."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 12:15 PM
The woman does laugh this time, an utterly foreign sound coming from her, one that should send unpleasant chills down the spines of most men. "You still do not understand. She means nothing. She is nothing. And when her life matches her status, I will be given what she unknowingly stole."

Her stoic face returns, although the faintest amusement dances in her eyes, "As for what she has lived through, why would I fight them? My bloodline declares that the beasts of the world are beholden to me. Ironic that a monster slayer would have the gift of my heritage as opposed to myself. A matter that I will see remedied soon enough." The rings spread away from her and the chain that lashes out at her soon finds she has already transferred herself to another ring, much like before.

Iris says nothing, merely trying to keep herself steady and watching the woman with intense hatred. She was too weak to keep up a fight for long and she knew it. It galled her.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 12:21 PM
"To steal from theives is no better. To steal a bloodline must be remedied, indeed, with drawn blood. And she has already faced such punishment."

"You have not."

The rings fly out at the surrounding beings...one of them is smashed downward by the mace-wielding priest, and the other materializes into the woman, who soon finds an axe aimed at her waist.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 12:29 PM
The woman's body shifts into a ring, this time at the shoulder level to evade the axe. Her disembodied voice carries. "Her death is inevitable. Iris, should you survive much longer, you will wish for it before the end." The ring makes a final attempt to destroy her now, aiming directly for Iris' neck in hopes of decapitation.

Iris' umbrella levels slightly above her shoulder, preparing to protect the woman from the oncoming ring if it must. Iris simply remains standing and breathing a bit labouredly.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 12:31 PM
"All mortals' deaths are inevitable. This inevitability is hers and hers alone."

The sword-wielding black priest steps directly in front of Iris, and the ring smashes into his metal face-plate, carrying him into her.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 12:35 PM
"Hunh!..." Iris is knocked over by the force of the priest, and, thankfully, the umbrella is smart enough to deactivate the electricity before it touches back against her shoulders.

The ring merely stops on contact with the priest. A few lines appear in it, separating the ring again only this time, vertically. They spin out into different directions and, apparently, the woman is gone for now.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 12:36 PM
The priest stands up, and his mask breaks off in two pieces. His hood falls onto his shoulders, revealing that he had no head to begin with.

"What is the significance of the family De Ricciolino?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 12:44 PM
Iris just lays on the rooftop, not bothering to move yet, "There isn't any. My family was dead before I reached the age of three years. They called me that because of my hair. Ricciolino is a variant of the surname "Ricci." It means... curly." Her stomach lurches again and she feels compelled to try and stand, if only to remedy the feeling.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 12:52 PM
The headless priest helps her up. She might notice that his red counterpart with the mace has also lost his hood, revealing just a mask floating in space. The other two priests remain as normal.

"Then who was your father? As far as the prospect may be..."

"This woman could be your sister..."

"Or, even worse..."

"She could be you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 12:55 PM
Iris puts a bit of her weight on the priest, still feeling sickly. "How the hell am I supposed to know any of this, darling?" she asks, quite irritably. "What do you mean that she could be me? That doesn't even make any sense..." She then shakes her head, perhaps a poor idea considering it just made her head spin, "This doesn't matter. She's gone for now. Where's Revenant?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 12:59 PM
"In Tartarus, the realm of Kaio Fyta. He is subjecting himself to the whims of the man, believing that he is suffering for your sake."

The priest seems to speak just as clearly without a face, which is odd but the least of Iris' worries.

"As much as we are loathe to say it, you are in no condition to go to his aid. For the time being, he must fend for himself. His heart has never been stronger, partially due, indeed, to the tampering of Kaio. He will find his way out yet."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 01:02 PM
((You keep mispelling it. It's Kaio. :smallredface:))

"Damn that fool!" she exclaims a bit breathlessly, "How is staying there and letting himself get hurt helping me? Idiot!" Iris seems more upset and concerned than angry. She is utterly ignoring the fact that the priests are headless. She's seen stranger.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 01:04 PM
((GAH! You're right! All this time I've been spelling it wrong! I make it sound like "Cow!" This is like calling the BBEG the "Angel of the Scales"...))

"We know not. But what will you do?"

The priests stand perfectly still, as though lost in thought.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 01:07 PM
((Easier to do than it looks, eh? ^_^"))

Iris also seems to be ignoring the fact that she had her head handed to her on a platter the last time they'd fought Kaio. And that some woman who does appear far more powerful than she is happens to be out for her death. "I've got to find him then..." Obviously she isn't thinking clearly, perhaps due to a fever. She begins to walk away, trying to find a way down to the ground and then to someone that can help her get to Tartarus.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 01:09 PM
(( @_@" ))

"Nonsense. He will survive the night, but at this rate of exertion you will not."

The headless priest puts his foot down in a very matter-of-fact way.

"You have yet to even sleep."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 01:12 PM
"I can go for a day without it," she says, brushing the thought off. However, she does remember what they said about the woman. "And what do you mean she could be my sister? Or me?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 01:15 PM
"We know not any other who would be entitled to your bloodline."

A red priest stops her.

"Before you leave...I do believe that you have long had an inquiry about the charm we gave you. It is harmless to remove, but you may want its power as of now. It is no ordinary warding magick."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 01:19 PM
"You never did explain what it actually does..." she says, allowing herself to be stopped for the time being. Iris uses the umbrella to keep balance in what she hopes is a more sturdy pose than she actually feels.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 01:23 PM
"It channels the wearer's own emotions through her very form. It is why the Angel could not touch you, and it may come to serve you yet."

The priest states this matter-of-factly.

"Now, if you are so inclined through our warnings, then you have much to do. Remember, we are here for your sake."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-28, 01:25 PM
"Why? I'm pain and loss, remember?" Iris appears to have overheard that part of the conversation.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-28, 01:28 PM
"For now, perhaps. There's one yet in there that you are loathe to admit."

The other priests disperse, leaving only the headless one.

"Go."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 07:51 AM
"Right then." Shaking a little, Iris barely even remembers the umbrella as she begins to walk away. Thankfully, it begins to hop behind her.

Loathe to admit what?... And who gives a damn right now? I just... need to find him... Revenant... where has that bastard taken you?

The umbrella doesn't have to hop far. After a few mere steps, Iris' legs begin to shake beneath her. She stops to brace herself against a wall.

No... we don't have time for this... don't you dare... just keep walking...

Despite her wishes, it doesn't help much. Her body crumples and she falls to the floor. It appears she was much more exhausted than she had been willing to admit.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:35 AM
Emotionlessly, the priest picks her up and carries her back in to the building. He pulls a bed out of the monk's cloisters, and places it by the water. As he lays her down on it, his voice is briefly heard-

"I think your willingness to search despite your weakness as of now is example enough."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 08:53 AM
The umbrella, almost exhibiting a mind of its own, follows the priest down the stairs. It faithfully lays itself leaning against the bed, awaiting it's master's awakening.

Iris herself feverishly sleeps on, giving no indication that she had heard the priest at all.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 06:40 PM
The priests mull about the far reaches of the building, doing various minor repairs and gardening work. The headless priest eventually decides that Iris will survive her rest without assistance and joins the others.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 06:52 PM
Indeed, Iris does survive the sleep. She awakens, flinging herself out of the bed. She doesn't ask how she or the bed got there, being rather preoccupied. The previous weakness in her body is almost non-existant.

Immediately she grabs ahold of the umbrella, somehow knowing precisely where it lay, and begins to walk towards the priests. "How long have I slept? And what is Revenant's status?" Her former strength appears to be intact, as indicated by her somewhat commanding tone.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 06:58 PM
"You've slept for a day and a night."

She may notice that the headless priest has reattached the two pieces of his face and is no longer, well, headless. He appears to be spreading watery mist on the vines.

"You know already where Revenant is. But you know not that he shan't be there for much longer."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 07:01 PM
"I know I know where he is. That is why I asked for his status, not location, darling," she says, seeming to be in bad temper. "And why 'shan't' he be there much longer?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 07:07 PM
"Although Sir Kaio has changed his form, it was an inspired metamorphosis...Revenant's mind has remained intact throughout, and indeed combined with Kaio's work in a most unexpected manner. Apparently, Fyta is quite fascinated with the concept of emotion, and has managed to bring out Revenant's."

One of the priests looks down.

"Nevertheless, he despises the man for seperating him from you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 07:10 PM
"You sound disappointed, darling," she says, looking quite angry, though not necessarily with the priests, "I want Kaio punished for the way he treated the two of us. Revenant is not a plaything and I will not be pushed aside." Secretly within her mind she adds, I want this Kaio to fear me. To fear us.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 07:16 PM
"We are not dissapointed. We understand his hate, but he does not understand that this seperation is what has truly shown him his own thoughts. Although Kaio used Revenant's emotions for his own amusement, without the torture he would not have realized them at all."

Suddenly, all four priests turn to the door.

"A timely occasion."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 07:18 PM
Iris turns to face the door, the scowl not entirely erased from her face although somewhat disguised by her interest at what the four priests are looking at.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 07:22 PM
The clip-clopping of hooves is heard outside, and the metallic clank of an armored figure striking the ground. Cobblestone strikes metal boots as something walks to the door and knocks, once, twice, thrice.

The priests all suddenly turn to Iris.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 07:26 PM
Iris looks back them, "Let me guess: you want me to answer that?" She begins to move towards the door. What sort of armoured freak must I deal with now? she asks herself.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 07:37 PM
As she opens the door, she is confronted by a queer figure. He is a knight, bearing heavy, white armor and a great plume upon his helm. He carries a sword at his side, and inscriptions are cleary visible along the blade. This is not what makes him striking, however. The most clear thing that one sees are hearts. His armor follows an artistic heart motif, thematically carrying even into his weapon, which has a heart at the tip and the hilt. A heart is carried on a number of external plates, and the visor to his helm is shaped likewise. This motif includes the crest that he carries on his tunic; the letter "R" stands out both on its own in various places upon the armor, and within the larger hearts. A quiver of heart-tipped metal spikes rests on his back.

His voice is masculine and booming, but familiar.

"Irisa de Ricciolino. The priests were right."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 07:42 PM
Iris lets out "hmph" of irriation, "Unless you are here to give me aid then stand out of my way, darling. I have a far more important person I need to see." It is obvious that she does not recognize this newcomer and finds she has no time to waste with him. She flips the umbrella up into a semi-offensive stance, prepared to try and force him out of her way.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 07:52 PM
He takes off his helmet and begins to head inside. His face carries three clear scars; one along his cheek and one over his nose, and his smiling mouth extends into a long-healed slash off to either side of his head. His skin is as white as snow, and his eyeless sockets focus on her face as though with phantom eyes.

"Suit yourself. Might I ask who he is?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 07:56 PM
Iris stares at him, unsure if her eyes are deceiving her or not. Was this silly white knight...? A grin breaks onto her face, "Tell me, darling, do I still have a fever?" She plants the tip of the umbrella into the ground.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:00 PM
"I can't tell that just by looking at you, you know."

Revenant smiles, and to reaffirm Iris' own eyes, the plates slide away, one by one, until he's dressed in the outfit from when he dissapeared. He laughs and takes a few steps toward her.

"Well, if there's nothing further that you want, then I'll just wait here, Iris."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 08:05 PM
"Is that all you have to say to me, Revenant?" She laughs very lightly and then looks up into his eye sockets. Iris' eyes are filled with the strangest emotion. If Revenant could comprehend it, it is an impossible mixture between shame, happiness, relief, and anger.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:11 PM
"I find that little else of my thoughts can be put into words."

He stands directly in front of her, arms still at his sides. He looks briefly at her eyes, and lowers his voice.

"You seem to be facing the same problem."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 08:15 PM
"Then what do you propose we do about it?" she asks, cleverly diverting the attention away from her feelings as fast as she can. Iris crosses her arms over her chest and shifts her body weight to one side.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:23 PM
"Nothing. Actions speak better than words."

He leans forward and kisses her, following his usual guideline of offering no warning whatsoever. He quickly turns around, not daring to observe her reaction.

"I believe that I still owe you a 'good night.' Those are the only two words that come to mind. "

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 08:26 PM
Iris blinks in startled surprise as he kisses her and then simply walks away.

With a face that appears to be full of a strange fury she whips out a hand to attempt to slap the back of his head. If he turns to face her afterwards, however, she reaches out for the collar of his clothes and pulls him into another kiss, this one probably lasting a few moments longer than his previous one.

Nevrmore
2007-04-30, 08:29 PM
((I think it'd be hilarious if he didn't turn around and got slapped.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:30 PM
((Yeah, but this ain't a humorous scene, y'know. I was actually briefly considering that option, but this rationale struck me:))

Who wouldn't turn to face a slap to the back of the head?

"Grrr! I don't-"

He is taken completely off balance as she grabs him, literally lifting off the ground for a brief moment. He quickly loses the stoic demeanor that he'd been putting on, and turns rose-red, in the manner that Revenant often does in her prescence.

Staggering away, his mouth hangs open slightly and his eyebrows are raised to a nigh-impossible level.

"-Gneh! W-what was THAT?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 08:30 PM
((I meant for her to hit him and then he would turn around. My apologies, it was rather hard to write. ^_^"))

"So stupid..." she says, dropping to her knees and covering her face with her hands. Her shoulders shake a little as though she is cringing and he might realize that she is crying.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:33 PM
((Pish posh. I understood it fine.

Revenant, however, didn't.))

Revenant's face bleaches again and he makes an exclamatory noise. Having never seen her cry before, it takes him a long time to realize exactly what's happening, even after he's knelt at her level.

"Iris! I-What's wrong?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 08:41 PM
((Welcome to the Wonderful World of Women! On your left you'll see: The Emotional Rollercoaster! Yay!))

"How dare you let him keep you like that?! How dare you 'suffer for my sake'?!" Iris words are chastising and harsh, but there is something far more deep underlying them. "I've lost everyone I've ever had, I have nothing! I can't stand to lose you again!" She continues to hide her face, trying not to let him see her tears although it is almost impossible as they are starting to slide down her wrists onto her arms.

The umbrella trembles a little from it's position in the ground, yet it does not move.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:51 PM
((Oof. I've been through this place before, believe me. About 80 percent of my close (ie: can trust them with secrets/feelings) friends are female.))

Revenant holds back, unsure of what to do, or say. He hesitates repeatedly, ultimately ending up silent, with one hand extended and a very worried expression. He stutters, but no coherent words come out, until his mantra:

"I-I-I-I'm s-sorry! I didn't mean-"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 08:55 PM
((Feels like home, eh?))

Iris shakes her head a little and tries to get her crying under control. It pains her to let anyone see her like this. It is shameful. Weak. Her hands continue to cover her face.

The umbrella wriggles it's way out of the ground and hops it's way over to Revenant. In the strangest exhibition of having a mind of it's own it begins to bend towards her a little bit, trying to signal that maybe he should get closer. If it could talk it'd be saying, "Hold her, you idiot!" but for now, the hint should have to do.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 08:59 PM
((Yes, yes it does. Blarg.))

The umbrella makes Revenant's conflicted decision for him, and he tenses up, puts on a 'now or never' look, and wraps his arms around her. In doing so, he gently begins to pry her arms apart.

"Everything will be okay. Everything...I'm not going to leave you again...I...please..."

His awkwardness is countered, more or less, by his sincerity.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 09:05 PM
Iris turns to trying to hide her face against him when her hands are pulled away. She is no longer crying, but her breathing is very uneven as her body is still wracked with quiet sobbing. Every once in a while she holds her breath for a few seconds to try and slow it down.

Stupid... stop crying... he doesn't need to see you like this...

The umbrella contemplates moving to try and console her itself, but it decides this is a moment best left to Iris and Revenant. Unless he needs a little nudging again.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 09:10 PM
Revenant just holds her close, letting her do most of the movement for them. He has evidently decided that his words will cause little help. Iris, however, might notice something rather incredible as she hides herself in him...

Ka-thump.

Ka-thump.

It is certainly not human, but...

Revenant has a heartbeat.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 09:13 PM
Her ear pressed against his chest, Iris listens to the heartbeat. For a moment or two, she thinks little of it, too busy berating herself and trying to stop herself from sobbing.

When she does realize it, however, she blinks back some of the remaining tears and reaches up to dry the others from her face. She does not look up at him yet, knowing her eyes must be red, but she quietly asks, "Darling... is your heart... beating?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 09:17 PM
Like Iris, Revenant does not change his field of vision, but merely speaks.

Ka-thump.

"It's been so since I first tried to explain why I wanted to return...because of you."

He pauses, and takes one of her hands in his, squeezing gently.

Ka-thump.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 09:22 PM
Iris does look up, still keeping her ear pressed to the sound. There is a bit of a teasing and apologetic smile appearing on her face, "Wonderful homecoming, wasn't it? I would have thought there were better things to come home to than some crying little fool." She doesn't try to take her hand away, rather, gives it a bit of pressure back.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 09:27 PM
Ka-thump.

He smiles back, beginning to stand up and pulling her up with him.

"Then clearly, you and I have different thoughts."

He gestures to the open door. The priests have already dispersed, apparently agreeing with the umbrella's decision to stay uninvolved.

"Are you tired? We can stay in, if you'd like."

Ka-thump.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 09:31 PM
Iris takes a deep breath and more typical grin for her appears, "Where would you suggest we go if we did go anywhere?" Then, hoping to tease him into blushing, she adds with a rogueish grin, "And what would you suggest if we were to stay in?"

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 09:33 PM
"Last time, I didn't think of anything. Why should this be any different?"

Despite her change in demeanor, he continues to hold her.

"I'd say that you've went through enough to warrant this your decision."

He hasn't noticed her hinting...at least, not yet.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 09:39 PM
She pouts a little at the fact she was unable to move him to mild embarassment.

"I think we should stay here for a bit. We barely had any time here at all. And... I'd like to think we'll be staying here for awhile." Somehow Iris managed to combine a question with a command in that last sentence.

"Perhaps we should get acquainted with... home." Her body seems to relax a bit in his arms at the word.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 09:42 PM
"Hmm."

He gives her an odd look as she relaxes, and lets go of her briefly to close the door after they've entered. This is when that familiar sound comes along. The ding of a nail coming loose sounds through the otherwise empty chapel, originating at his head. He looks at her with a questioning glance.

"Wait...what? What's in here to suggest? That made no sense."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-30, 09:50 PM
Iris grins, thinking to herself that it was better late than never. To continue teasing him she adds, "What do you think I'm suggesting... darling?"

She shoots him what she hopes is a jokingly seductive look, waiting for him to react in what she assumes will be a quite hilarious manner.

((Goodnight for now.))

NecroPaladin
2007-04-30, 09:57 PM
She assumes right. His empty eyes widen disproportionately. His mouth slowly, excrutiatingly slowly goes into an "O" shape. He plasters himself up against a wall, as though afraid (which he likely is).

"You don't mean-!

I-

But-

You don't really-

Right?"

((Alright then, G'night.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 05:54 PM
Iris begins to chuckle at his reaction. She turns away, deciding not to frighten the poor guy out of his wits. She then notices the bed. Entirely seriously, she asks, "Where'd that come from?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 06:00 PM
Revenant eventually settles down, getting himself to act serious again and unsticking from the wall. It's become like a routine.

"You really shouldn't do that. I get embarrassed."

He notices the bed as well, turning back to his natural white.

"I don't know...I thought you put it there."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 06:03 PM
"No, no. I was too busy lying unconscious," she says, correcting his idea. Iris scratches the bridge of her nose a bit.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 06:08 PM
"I thought the priests were with you, but I don't see them now...maybe they did it?"

He shrugs, and mulls over to his favorite spot on the waterside. He lies down there, looking like he's about ready for a quiet night. Shortly thereafter, however, he sits up and looks around.

"Speaking of which, whatever became of that woman?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 06:13 PM
"I don't know. I wasn't precisely capable of figuring out more than how to survive the next few seconds. The priests were there to fend her off."

Her expression becomes a little darker. She leans back against a crumbling wall, crossing her arms and ankles.

"They also have some pretty... interesting ideas on who she is."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 06:19 PM
"Yes...the priest's...well...shadows told me that much; I think that they're able to communicate with me when they wish."

He sighs and stands up.

"Which isn't often. I seriously doubt the theories that they gave me, though."

He sits back down on the edge of the bed, deep in thought.

"That woman..."

He looks at her, and his expression softens a bit,

"...was not Irisa de Ricciolino."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 06:26 PM
"Whoever she is, she feels familiar. As much as I hate to say it," she says, biting her lower lip. Iris seems pretty absorbed in staring at a particular spot on the lawn. Floor. Grass... carpet.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 06:33 PM
"Ugh. I despise talking about this..."

Revenant claps a hand over his face and leans over, burying his face between his arms in exasperation.

"I feel like you would have been better off never having known even my name...just look at this..."

He clenches his fists angrily in his hair, and half-unclenches them as he exhales.

"...I've wished to spare you all of your troubles, and yet that's the only thing you've faced since we met."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 06:37 PM
Iris looks over at him with a raised eyebrow, sighs, and then moves over to sit on the edge of the bed next to him.

"Whoever she is, she isn't your fault."

And as much as she hates admitting this sort of thing, she decides the blunt approach will serve with as little self embarassment as any.

"None of it has been your fault, darling. In fact, you're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time... a very long time."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 06:42 PM
"Then it's fate. But I've been absent for so much of it. I am no miracle; I am closer to a plague."

He lifts his head from his hands, but looks away from her.

"What's wrong with me? I-..."

His face seems to strike a horror of a realization, one which only is dawning upon him after the fact. He turns his head slightly more toward her, but still avoids her gaze.

"I...I made you cry."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 06:53 PM
"That was... I shouldn't have..." Iris says, seeming somewhat ashamed. She then looks up at him and adds, "Out of the two of us you're the one who's done the most of the crying."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 07:02 PM
"That was all caused by my own actions as well...and half were tears of joy, nonetheless."

He looks at her reluctantly, not understanding her shame. His own guilt overrides any preconcieved notions of her involvement in the matter.

"I had never concieved that you even had such a facet to you...I had never believed that you were capable of...breaking...like that. I'd always just looked at you as the one in charge, the woman who knows what to do when I'm at a loss."

He inhales raggedly, and continues.

"Now I wish that I had never found out. I would have spared you so much pain, and I'm certain that you never intended to give me that display."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 07:11 PM
This makes her somewhat angry and she lets out a rather hateful sniff and she turns away from him.

"Here, let me apologize for being too weak for you. And you're right. That never should have happened. And it never will happen again, understand? Do you feel better now?"

Iris had already realized what a faux paux she'd made. She'd never intended for him to see that burst of emotions. And it was easy to remember why she hadn't. They were weak and displaying them just led to more problems.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 07:24 PM
Revenant takes the anger in stride, not really changing in demeanor but speaking with more confidence.

"Iris. This happened before, when we were walking."

He turns fully to her, waiting for her to look back at him. Regardless, he continues to talk.

"You are not weak in the slightest. Indeed, from what I have seen you face, I believe you to be the strongest soul I've ever known. If you continue to hide like this, then you'll only face what you fear most-"

He pauses, and puts his hands on his knees.

"It will happen again. And again. You're holding back what you can't control, putting on the stoic mask of an adventurer girl."

He smiles slightly, a half-mix of melancholy and hope.

"This may seem like your past, Iris, but it's your future. And you're facing it in direct conflict with what you have bottled up inside of you."

He seems to put emphasis on this, and one would be completely unsure as to whether he's purposefully quoting his guardians:

"Life isn't all pain and loss, and neither are you. And admit it or not, you know that."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 07:36 PM
Iris thinks over the statment, pulling a knee up into her chest. The mental beratement commences. If I hadn't kept failing and if you hadn't been so concerned with protecting me, no doubt you'd have gotten away... If anything, I'm the one holding you back.

Not sounding angry anymore, rather, taking a falsely lighter tone, she argues, seeing a bit of a hole in his logic, "And where'd your little argument go? About sparing me pain? You seem to be undoing what you just finished saying." In fact, she lets out a laugh at this.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 07:44 PM
He pats her raised leg reassuringly, and tries his best to look happy.

"I will always try to spare you pain, no matter the face you carry. I merely wish that you would not hide that which you have already suffered."

He lets out a false laugh, but decides to stop as he is not a very convincing actor.

"I can't do anything to stop that which you bring upon yourself."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 07:49 PM
"You are talking backwards. You "wish you'd never found out," but you seem to be asking me to tell you more," she says and laughs. "Well, ask me. I'll tell you whatever you want to know, darling."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 07:55 PM
"What's done is done, Iris. Although I wish I'd never seen you as such, it is only because I feel that I put you in a situation that you have been avoiding from fear of it all for longer than I've known you. I am glad of the deeper understanding that such sorrow has granted me, however. And if the steps to make amends seem counter-intuitive, so be it."

He stands up again, heading back over to the pool.

"I will listen to what you wish to tell me. Your feelings are your own, and I hardly wish to hold sway on them."

Revenant turns back around, but doesn't sit.

"You may think you're playing the damsel-in-distress role, but nothing is farther from the truth. It was you, after all, who saved me."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 07:59 PM
"Since when have I been the damsel-in-distress?" she says, finding the idea utterly distasteful.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 08:04 PM
"Never. That's my point. But you seem to be going out of your way to avoid that...well, distasteful role, and the effort expended leaves your true thoughts utterly foreign."

Deciding that she can control herself, he opts for a stern tone rather than a comforting one.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 08:09 PM
"Don't worry. You'll learn the language soon enough. It's easy, darling," she says, taking his tone and telling him she doesn't care with a laugh. "I told you I'm blunt. All you have to do is ask."

Iris stands and begins to walk away to explore the chapel. "Now, are we going to continue to talk in circles or are we actually going to do something useful?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 08:11 PM
Revenant stands for a few moments and eventually follows her with quiet footsteps.

"Define 'useful.'"

He sighs, having made no progress but nevertheless happy that she's back to her old self.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 08:15 PM
"I think we need to figure out what we've got and where we've got," she says, looking around. "This bed came from somewhere and it looks just as old as this place. Which means we've got resources we don't even know about."

Iris also glances back at Revenant, "And while we look I want you to tell me what happened when you were gone."

She shoves aside everything they just spoke of and allows her fury against Kaio to dominate for the time being.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 08:22 PM
"Well, first off, I think that this is where the bed came from," he notes, pointing to a cloister where the bed has apparently been torn out of the floor, where it was fastened down,

"And second, the crazy shade tampered with me while...while..."

He would roll his eyes if he had any, and crosses his arms.

"I'll admit it...I was pining for you. His attempt at causing some sort of shadow manifestation ended up combining with what I was feeling, and..."

A mere four seconds later, he is covered in luminescent armor, sans helmet. He carefully pushes his sword behind his leg, noting that she might not want to see the inscriptions.

"You tell me."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 08:31 PM
Iris turns around looking a little pleased. She replies with a teasing tone, "You romantic. And here I told you you could stick with me as long as you could stand it. Looks like you'll be around for awhile at this rate. I'll try to learn and cope." She is very much so teasing about the last bit.

Then she crosses her arms over her chest, "How did you manage to get back and what happened to Kaio?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 08:35 PM
Revenant looks down at the armor, realizing the blatant confession that he just unwittingly gave to her.

"This isn't...damn, I can't really lie convincingly about this, can I?"

He sighs at himself (something he's been doing a lot) and answers her.

"Eventually, he got...I don't know...bored. He let me go, but only after a lot of bickering."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 08:39 PM
"Bored?!" she asks incredulously. Her eyes flash a bit angrily. "So that means he isn't dead yet? I'll have to make sure I take care of that the next time we have a little get together."

The umbrella begins to hop closer to her, sensing her battle lust increasing.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 08:42 PM
"I don't think he's been alive for a long time, Iris. It's flattering to have you this adamant on revenge, but I honestly don't wish to see him ever again. Regardless of circumstance."

He plops his armored hand down on the umbrella, attempting to quash its bloodlust.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 08:46 PM
Revenant might notice his hands are closed around the steel needle flower she'd had attached to it.

Iris looks near to fuming as she growls, "I won't stand allowing him to do as he pleases, particularly with you and me..."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 08:49 PM
Revenant holds the umbrella for a short while, and the plates of armor slowly slide away. He just kind of stares at it in disbelief, realizing what he's holding.

Although he was about to retort, now his only response is just a stunned silence. Apparently, he should have taken a good look at the umbrella earlier.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 08:54 PM
Iris' hands twitch a little, feeling somewhat empty. "Damnit, where'd I leave that umbrella?"

She turns around, realizing if anywhere it'd be back in the main room where she'd last picked it up. Stopping midstep she notices the thing squirming a little in Revenant's hands. "Oh, thank you, darling."

His silence confuses her a bit as she looks at the umbrella. She follows his gaze until she realizes exactly what he's staring at. Iris remains silent at this point as well.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 08:58 PM
He just continues to stare, completely at a loss for words. He opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. Eventually, he just reaches out and pricks the tip of his finger with the umbrella, just to make sure that he's seeing what he thinks he's seeing.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:01 PM
The umbrella wiggles a bit, but it's still there. Iris laughs a bit nervously, "I see this is the first time you and my umbrella have gotten acquainted when it wasn't being lobbed at you." She runs a hand through her curly hair and awaits his response.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:04 PM
"I can't believe...you kept it?"

Revenant faces Iris with almost a look of awe, and laughs nervously himself. He hasn't turned red yet, but it's on its way.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:08 PM
Iris sighs and smiles, "When I said I was fond of you, I meant it."

She leans against the wall and kicks the ground a bit with the toe of her boot. Her face tilts up a little and looks at him with what would be best described as a fond look.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:12 PM
Although he selectively decides to not mention a certain event that took place outside the building, he does manage a "You weren't kidding," before he turns a light maroon. He stands in front of her, relaxes, and returns the look.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:18 PM
Iris shrugs and winks, "Well, whatcha gonna do about it?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:23 PM
Revenant decides to finally stop freaking out when she winks and do something. He steps closer and leans in to face her, but stops himself, blinking. His smile abruptly vanishes and he looks into her eyes.

"No...No. I need to be sure that this is what you want."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:26 PM
"If what is what I want, darling?" Iris seems a bit confused by his behavior. It seems a little different from usual. Her eyes gaze back at him and she grins ever so slightly remembering what happened the last time she looked him in the eye like this.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:28 PM
He keeps his gaze, still rather stern.

"You know perfectly well what I mean."

He looks a little bit guilty, and takes a few short breaths, trying to find the words.

"I've been...assertive, to put it nicely."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:31 PM
"I told you the last time," she says with a laugh, "If I wanted an apology, I'd have beaten it out of you."

The umbrella makes what appears to be a sighing motion and hops back out of the way. It is apparent it isn't needed for whatever is going on right now.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:36 PM
"You ALSO called me a damnable forward idiot."

Having an apparent approval, he kisses her briefly, holds her in one arm, and points upward with the other in a rather corny but also amusingly enthusiastic gesture.

"Now...let's get settled! After all, I think you put it best. This is our home!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:40 PM
As soon as he finishes the kiss she adds, "Indeed I did call you that. Then, tell me, what did I follow that up with?" She grins roguieshly.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:43 PM
He returns the grin, save an inquisitive flair.

"I don't remember, I tried to laugh and something stopped me."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:47 PM
"We'll have to try and figure out what that was, darling. Maybe if you hold me closely like before, we'll surely think of something." It should be pretty obvious what she is implying.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:51 PM
"You...seductress!"

Revenant mocks taking offense as he complies, taking her in both arms as well.

"You toy with me so!"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-01, 09:52 PM
((Grr... deadtime. I shall have a nice reply tomorrow morning. ^_^"))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-01, 09:54 PM
((Damnable deadtime. He's like the guy in movie theaters who states exactly what's going to happen because he saw the movie before, all movie long. How I loathe him. Ah well, G'night.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-02, 07:28 AM
"That's because I love it, darling."

She may not have had the first kiss of the evening, but Iris was certainly going to have this one be a little more "assertive" than the last few.

As she leans in to press her lips against his, her arms slide up and over his shoulders. One hand cradles the back of his shoulders and the other brushes against his hair before settling a bit higher on his neck.

When she finally breaks her lips away, Iris looks up at him with those teasing eyes, "Did that ring a bell?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-02, 08:38 AM
His knees buckle and he has to dedicate most of his mind to staying on his feet. Likely, the only thing stopping him from crumpling entirely is her arms.

"Several times. That would explain the ringing in my head."

His expression of shock slowly contorts into a smile, and eventually he looks very, very happy.

"What did I do to deserve this," he asks no one in particular.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-02, 08:47 AM
Iris lets out a chuckle, looking just about as happy as he does, "I couldn't tell you what you've done to deserve anything, but what you are going to do now is help me turn this place into somewhere liveable. I just thought perhaps a little morale boost was in order." She winks.

Her arms fall somewhat reluctantly from his shoulders and she takes a few steps away, "First off we need to decide what we need..."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 05:56 PM
((GAH! Sorry for being absent yesterday...A cable or something died and left me sans power for a little over 24 hours...

Hopefully, I wasn't missed?))

"If that was a morale boost, I'd like to see a fanfare."

He chuckles, and steps back as well.

"Well, I'm not really the type for basic human needs, but I can at least make suggestions on the ambiance."

In a similarly reluctant manner to her arms, he takes his time to avert his gaze from her to observe his surroundings.

"Although I don't know much you could do to improve this place. I suppose, if anything, we may want to clean up the cloisters a bit. Those could probably serve as our rooms."

He appears to have a thought, raises a finger, and, in an entirely honest manner, asks something that would probably have turned the Revenant that she first met a deep shade of burgundy,

"Or would you prefer that we share a room?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 06:33 PM
((You were missed. *sigh* It's ok. Anyway, I'm late because of paperwork and scheduling. I hate both of them sooooo much.))

Iris does blink a few times, wondering where he got the guts to ask that, "Actually, I would. Share a bed for all I care, really."

She stops momentarily, realizing the possible reaction to this, and turns back to laugh, "Keep in mind, I'm used to being in close quarters. Sometimes, sharing a bed is just sharing a bed, darling."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 07:31 PM
((Aww. You make me feel important. *Hugs*))

"That would be why I'm not stuttering and blushing right now. I'm starting to look at things from your point of vie-"

He stops. Thankfully for Iris' own amusement, he's hardly lost his shyness; it's just been beaten back a little. Although not entirely red, he hits a pleasant color reminiscent of a tropical sunset.

"Are you suggesting that sometimes we wouldn't just be sharing a bed?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 07:38 PM
((You should. So there. *hugs*))

Iris just shrugs. There isn't any teasing involved in the action whatsoever.

Instead of giving a reply, she asks a different question, "Do you need to eat or anything like that? Can you, for that matter?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 07:45 PM
((I don't really know how to reply to that, save another "aww."))

Revenant, likewise, decides this to be far too touchy a subject to continue on. Not to mention it falls more under "wants" than "needs," really.

"I can eat, and frankly I like to, but more for the sake of taste than anything else. I don't need food for any necessary function; it's more of a commodity for me."

He looks around at the vines and the like in the main chapel, exiting the cloisters briefly.

"We could try to grow food for you, although it would certainly take a while."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 07:51 PM
Iris smiles at him, "I'll see if you can stand my cooking, then." Her eyes are simply alight with merriment at the prospect.

Contemplating the whole "garden" thing with a hand to her lips, she adds, "I have to inform you, I've no idea how to grow anything."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 07:57 PM
"Nor do I. A cruel coincidence, but I'm not the one who has to eat to live."

He speaks, then, under his breath, but still audible.

"Then again, I'm the one who's flat broke if we ever needed to buy food."

With a little bit of a 'who cares' feeling, he looks over at the subterranean stream and connected pond.

"Well, if anything, we're particularly lucky to have this. It looks clean enough to drink from and bathe in, and it could likely be extended with an irrigation ditch if we really wanted to grow all of our food."

He briefly wonders where he picked up this farming tidbit, and sits on the slightly damp marble altar in the center of the stream, soaking everything from just above his knees down upon scaling the stairs to it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 08:04 PM
Iris looks over still contemplating how things will work here. "Well, not cold bathing. I've done it before, but I'd prefer to have my water hot, thank you very much."

She moves over to the edge of the water to stare at Revenant, "Speaking of, aren't you cold in there, darling?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 08:09 PM
"Well, then, we'd have to find you some sort of bath; the monks might have left something of the type, as generally 'dirty' isn't a term one associates with the clergy.

And, no, not really. If anything, you should know from, erm,"

He averts his gaze for a second, trying to find a way not to put his claim bluntly,

"...close proximity to me that I'm rather cold to the touch anyway."

He swirls a foot in the water experimentally, and one could imagine that if he had eyes he would be following the ripples with them.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 08:15 PM
Iris smiles roguieshly at him, "Felt warm enough to me." She just couldn't resist saying it. The setup was too perfect for her.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 08:20 PM
He doesn't have time to respond with words, as upon the end of Iris' statement he snaps his head up, loses his balance and falls, face-first, into the pool. Hair plastered to his head and clothes likewise, he scrambles out onto the grass.

"I...um, I did that on purpose."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 08:48 PM
"Of course you did. Thank you for demonstrating "How Not to Keep Your Balance.""

Laughing, Iris shakes her head and thinks of calling for her umbrella. To her utter shock, the thing is already hopping towards her. She raises an eyebrow in her bemusement.

"Well, that's odd..."

She takes the umbrella, nonetheless, and sits down in the grass next to Revenant. Next she digs the handle into the ground nearby, cringing a little at the thought of the dirt getting into the crevasses of the needle flower. Upon flipping the red button, it becomes covered in flames.

"This'll help you dry off, I think."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 08:53 PM
"Th-Thanks."

He looks at Iris sheepishly, and huddles over the flaming umbrella. Upon getting nearer, he whispers,

"That nudge earlier...you can think, can't you?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 08:56 PM
The umbrella flares a bit brighter momentarily, but doesn't move or respond apart from that.

Iris is too busy studying Revenant in the glow of the flames to notice the exchange at all. She'd never really taken the time to just look at him. She smiles softly to herself all the while.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 09:02 PM
Due to his lack of natural human pains and aches, he manages to stay perfectly still, almost picturesque. Illuminated in the fire (which he briefly nods to in understanding) is the face of a young man, bedecked with three prominent scars, skin white as snow contrasting sockets black as night. Although he more or less resembles Namesake, his face is a little less long and a lot less rotted. Indeed, were it not for the few telltale signs he could be mistaken for alive.

Once dry, he stands up.

"If there's anything that you want to procure for this night, I'd say we should do it now. It's getting dark out."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 09:08 PM
At Revenant's suggestion, Iris breaks out of her little reverie and stands herself, brushing bits of grass from her clothing.

"I say we get our bedroom together, darling. I'm not precisely hungry at the moment."

This was also true. Although she was no longer ill, it had rather stifled her appetite. More than likely it would be a requirement tomorrow, however. She was going on day two without actually eating something.

Carefully picking up the umbrella, still lit, she begins to walk towards the cloisters, assuming Revenant will have no qualms about following her.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 09:15 PM
"Well, if I may make a suggestion, let's not take the one with the bed and floorboards torn out."

He follows her, looking into each of the smallish rooms. There are a number of old, dusty books contained in some, and he reminds himself to come back and read them later. Eventually he stumbles onto a room twice the normal size; presumably, a head priest's quarters.

"Hmm...this room's bigger than the others...looks like it hasn't seen people in a long time, though."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 09:19 PM
Iris peers into the room, trying to see what furnishings it held and if any were salvageable. She soon realizes something and an unamused look comes over her.

"I'm going to have to be a housekeeper."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 09:25 PM
He smiles grimly, testing a chair with his hand.

"Look at it this way; for now, both of us will."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-03, 09:31 PM
"First time for everything, as they say," although her tone of voice isn't overly excited.

Iris grabs ahold of some of the ancient bedsheets and begins to shake the dust, bugs, and whatever else may be in there, out. She stops and realizes something.

"Idiot..." she murmurs to herself. "Dust, remove yourself from the sheets."

A great smoky cloud of what is presumably dust wafts away from the bed.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-03, 09:40 PM
"That'll make things...easier."

Revenant bemusedly begins rearranging furniture and tossing out whatever breaks when he tests it. About half the objects in all, sadly.

Looking around, he remarks,

"Still lacking that homey feeling. Got anything we can put here, just for symbolism's sake? Maybe on the walls?"