PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Druid Archetype - Circle of Life (PEACH)

Ghost Dragon
2015-06-22, 09:59 PM
Hi guys, want some feedback on this one. Healing is this circles focus, so please have a look at it flavour wise (don't want to step on life clerics toes to much) and balance wise, particularly the level 2 rejuvenation feature (basis of which was taken from 3.5 PHB2 as an alternative to spontaneous summoning). I also wanted Mass Healing word in there somewhere either masquerading as a class feature or just on the spell list, but I don't want to lose Beacon of Hope or Revivify. Shout out to DiBastet for his spell list cause I pulled this one from his version, thanks Di. Cheers :)

Druid - Circle of Life

Bonus Cantrip
When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you add Spare the Dying to your list of know cantrips.

Rejuvenation
At 2nd level, you are able to use your wild shape ability to infuse healing magic into the world around you. As an action, you can spend one of you wild shape uses and grant up to five creatures (including you) within 30 feet regeneration equal to half your druid level rounded down. This effect last for 1 round, increasing to 2 rounds at 6th level, and to 3 rounds at 18th level. A creature can only benefit from one rejuvenation at a time, and any uses that overlap with existing ones have no effect.

Circle Spells
Your mystical connection to the circle of life infuses you with the ability to cast certain spells. At 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th level you gain access to circle spells. Once you gain access to a circle spell, you always have it prepared, and it doesn’t count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. If you gain access to a spell that doesn’t appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for you.
3rd: Aid, Lesser Restoration
5th: Beacon of Hope, Revivify
7th: Aura of Life, Death Ward
9th: Greater Restoration, Circle of Power

Spirit of Life
Beginning at 6th level, the healing spells you cast on others heal you as well. When you cast a spell of 1st level or higher that restores hit points to a creature other than you, you regain hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level.

Fey Wild Shape
At 10th level, you can expend two uses of wild shape at the same time to transform into a healing spirit of the Fey Wild. Your skin takes on a soft green hue, your eyes glow yellow and your voice has melody and song woven through it. While in this form you have advantage on all Charisma checks, gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed, resistance to necrotic damage. While in this form you cannot attack using any physical means and you can only cast spells that do not inflict hit point damage. Any spells you cast that restores hit points to a creature gain a bonus to the amount healed equal to your Wisdom modifier. If you attempt to attack using physical means or cast a spell that deals hit point damage, you revert to your natural form.

Gift of Life
Starting at 14th level, whenever you cast Revivify it’s range changes to 30 feet and you can target up to two creatures at once, and when you cast Reincarnation you can choose which race the new body comes from. In addition, you can cast Resurrection once per day without expending a spell slot but you must still provide the material components for the spell. You must complete a long rest before you can use this feature again.

GorinichSerpant
2015-06-23, 12:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc

Sorry I couldn't resist.

From my untrained eye it looks fine, but then again my eye is a very untrained one.

Ghost Dragon
2015-06-23, 03:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc

Sorry I couldn't resist.

From my untrained eye it looks fine, but then again my eye is a very untrained one.

That link made me laugh so much. Nice 😉
Thanks for the feedback