PDA

View Full Version : How does one get into Verdant Lord as an (mostly) arcane caster?

KIDS
2007-04-27, 02:56 PM
Heya,

I'm trying to build a non divine-caster (i.e. not druid or cleric) that lives in a symbiosis with plants and lives off sun. Verdant Lord, that said, suits me perfectly. The aim is to be a warrior with some casting or a gish, or a sorcerer. But if sorcerer, wizard or something like that is going to be my casting class, how to get into Verdant Lord? Does anyone have any pointers?

It needs Plant Defiance Feat (requires detect animals or plants spell), Plant Control Feat (requires speak with plants) and command plants (the 3.0 control plants). So, to take those feats, I'd need the said two spells, but they aren't in plant domain either so I'm guessing that Arcane Disciple wouldn't work.

Any ideas on how to get into the class while retaining more than symbolic arcane casting ability?

(Original plan: Ranger 1 -> Sorcerer 1 -> ??? -> Verdant Lord (advancing sorc casting) (not necessarilly all 10 levels, but most of them). The best I've come up with is Ranger 7 (detect/speak with)/Sorc 8 (arcane disciple: plant-> command plants)/Verdant Lord 5, or a Ranger 11/Sorc 1 / Verdant Lord 9. I'm looking for a way that allows more room for arcane casting than this one, if possible at all, while staying away from cleric and druid. Thanks!

p.s. books generally aren't the limit, I have PHB and Complete Series (except Scoundrel) but could get others if needed.

Miles Invictus
2007-04-27, 04:00 PM
You could try the Domain Wizard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizardVariantDomainWiz ard) variant, and negotiate with your DM to build a plant-themed domain with the spells you need.