PDA

View Full Version : Immortalize your name in bees

Bhu
2015-07-05, 06:43 PM
I'm making a bee themed spellcaster, and I need bee themed items, spells and monsters to go with. Horrible puns are most welcome (for example current monsters include the Beehemoth, the Beest and the Zombee).

Mith
2015-07-05, 06:59 PM
I cannot write mechanics, but I can give a few ideas as they come to me. So in no particular order:

Cantrip / low level spell: Bee sting: Think magic missile, but with piercing damage

Bumble Bee Hover: Basically levitate.

Summon Bee Swarm

Healing Honey: Honey used to to treat wounds. +4 to Heal Checks

Pollen Tracks: Magical Pollen that coats a target, making it impossible for them to hide.

Conjure Wax Wall: A wall of honeycomb manifests, working as a effective defense. Holes can be made in the wall during the formation of wall to make archer holes.

That's all I have for now.

PotatoGolem
2015-07-05, 08:52 PM
Beelzebub, Demon Lord of Bees. Keep track of monsters you encounter in a Beestiary. You could also craft a type of fizzy mead and call it Bee-r

Raenel
2015-07-05, 09:57 PM
You are beeautiful- cast off of charisma and a spell-like ability of charm monster, but it only works on bee type monsters.
And you gain an animal companion bee

Zaydos
2015-07-05, 10:01 PM
I made a hybrid giant bee-bear before (I know it's bearly beelievable).

Bearble Bee
Large Magical Beast
HD 7d10+28 (66 hp)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares); fly 40-ft (good)
Init: +2
AC 17; touch 11; flat-footed 15 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +6 natural)
BAB +7; Grp +20
Attack Claw +14 melee (1d6+7)
Full-Attack 2 Claws +14 melee (1d6+7), bite +12 melee (1d8+3) and sting +12 melee (1d6+3 and poison)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Improved Grab, poison.
Special Qualities Darkvision 60-ft, scent
Saves Fort +9 Ref +7 Will +5
Abilities Str 25, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Listen +6, Spot +6
Feats: Ability Focus (Poison), Iron Will, Multiattack
Environment Temperate forests and underground (mad-wizard’s laboratories)
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating 5
Treasure Incidental
Alignment Always true neutral
Advancement 8-11 HD (large), 12-22 HD (huge)
Level Adjustment –

Inspired by stories of crocobears, a mad wizard created bearble bees; horrid crosses between bear and insect. These creatures have four insectoid legs, and two chitin-covered limbs ending in massive bear-like claws. They have the eyes of bees, and a head mostly like such an insect, but their mouths are those of bears. They move about on all six legs when not actively attacking, or flying, and have abandoned the partially vertical orientation of bears.
Bearble bees have a single long, dangerous stinger which drips with extremely potent venom.

Improved Grab (Ex): Claw attacks.

Poison (Ex): A creature struck by a bearable bee’s sting must make a Fort save (DC 19; Constitution based) or suffer 1d4 Constitution damage. One minute later they must make another such save or suffer 1d4 Constitution damage.

Also I want a way to summon dogs with bees in their mouth so that when they bark they shoot bees at their enemies.

I may also make a Bag of Bees... because I saw a quote about how many bees could fit in a handy haversack.

dragonjek
2015-07-05, 10:20 PM
"Bee Mine"
A charm effect. Alternatively, you could make a trap composed of bees.

"Bad Beehavior"
Invoke a rage-like effect.

"That Beeside the Point"
Increase dodge AC.

"NOT THE BEES!"
Fear effect.

"AAGGH THEY'RE IN MY EYES!"
Blind an enemy.

"To Bee, or Not to Bee"
Transform into a bee, or steal someone's bee-powers.

"Bee Bee Gun"
Long-range explosive bee projectiles.

"For Queen and Country"
Morale bonuses.

"Hive Mind"
Create a psychic construct with access to the minds of the party that uses your combined mental strength to attack with waves of artificial bees.

"Dance of the Bumbling Bee"
Bonus to attack, 5 ft. step becomes a 10 ft. step.

"Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee"
Poison effect to attacks.

"Beeddhisatva Enlightenment"
Buddha stuff, I guess?

"BEE=mc^2"
Bee lasers.

"Cuppa Bee in the Morning"
Produce honey as a meal.

"Vitamin Bee"
Healing effect.

Nrdman
2015-07-05, 11:58 PM
I'll BEE back - teleportation

Hard to BEE-lieve - gives bees evolution points

Un-BEE-table - AC bonus

Go BEE somewhere else - bees carry enemy somewhere

Warning Stripes - enemies must make a Will save to attack you or a bee

Shove a BEE in it - Ranged attack

Right in the BEE-hind - bees with sneak attack damage

Honey Hug - entangle

You will BEE destroyed - some high power bee attack

BEE-ware - bee ghosts

BEE-have - compulsion effect

BEE-cause - Summon giant demonic psychic bee

Soul BEE-ker - like soul charge

Nrdman
2015-07-06, 12:09 AM
Monsters

BEE-headed - undead with a large bee replacing the head

BEE-lemental - an elemental made of bees

Blink BEE - like the blink dog, but with a bee

Cam-BEE-on - half bee half devil

Were-BEE - obviously

Dire BEE - standard

Ab-BEE-rant - psychic bee from beyond

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-07-06, 03:54 AM
I was going to say this was kind of a narrow focus for a spellcaster, and suggest you use a general insect theme, but then I realized that was a stupid idea.

Outside of the puns (I don't think we had BEE-gone yet) which will be very helpful to get your caster some general usefulness, let's see what stuff you have to work with:

The bees themselves could attack as a swarm, or function as animal messengers and stuff. I'd also like to suggest using bees as scouts. After all, they do that little dance that explains where they found honey, so I can only assume they could also tell the wizard about the placement of enemy troops. Give this effect some limitations, like maybe they're not able to tell friend from enemy, and/or they can't tell the caster what kind of creatures they've spotted.

Bees have a sting and thus poison. A spell that conjures giant stingers could work, maybe one that creates some sort of poisonous caltrops... Or maybe just stick with a poisoned spear as a last ditch weapon. Bee poison is not the deadliest poison ever perhaps, but maybe it could do a little constitution damage or something?

Then there's honey. Using its soothing effect for healing is an option, it's stickiness could feature in an entangle like spell (like Nrdman's honey hug). Maybe one spell could have an area effect where it slows characters down and prevents flying characters from taking off? Maybe a "cone of honey" that decreases the hit chance of anyone caught in it (because all the sticky stuff doesn't help your aim), makes them more vulnerable to bee swarm spells and attracts any bears within a d6 mile radius? Maybe a spell that's like a sticky grenade, an explosive that takes a round to go off but sticks to the person you cast it on? Maybe a spell that creates a layer of oozing honey that will drip into any small cracks and shears like those on the edges of secret doors and pit traps? (Definitely not a cantrip, leave some work for the rogue.)

Next is wax. Maybe something with shapechanging objects? A wax shield that can melt into a sword? A spell that makes the floor slippery, or the opponents weapons for a penalty to hit? (Cancelled out by the sticky cone of honey of course ;)). A holding spell that encases the target in wax? Or Mith's wall of wax, easier to break than a stone wall, harder to climb.

O, o, and you definitely need a spell called wax on wax off! Maybe a defensive buff that increases dex bonus to armor class?

And last but not least there's flight. The caster itself probably gains bee wings at some level, for permanent non-magical flight (seriously, (s)he should at least be given the option to gain physical bee attributes and become some sort of monster by the time (s)he gets to high levels). And maybe they could summon giant bees to transport allies. Sure. it's not teleportation, but bees don't teleport.

Then there's some minor stuff. A spell that drives a creature crazy (will save) by giving them insectoid eyes (in itself having some sort of effect on their vision) could work. A spell that overgrows a target with yellow and black hair for easy tracking...

Beacon of Chaos
2015-07-06, 04:20 AM
Make sure that when you introduce yourself, you're not a wizard, you're a Professor of Beeology.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-07-06, 04:23 AM
Make sure that when you introduce yourself, you're not a wizard, you're a Professor of Beeology.

And have a V for Vendetta style speech ready where almost every word starts with a B.

Rater202
2015-07-06, 04:26 AM
While I can't come up with a bee pun for it, I've always been fond of the "blood honey" effect-magical bees that can trap the life force of others in their honey.

Maybe a series of spells or class features that would allow the bee wizard to use corpses to fertilize rapidly growing plants, which then bloom, then the bee's take the nectar from those plants and refine it into honey which then heals people who eat it(as it's infused with the life force of the bandit or monster killed to make it). Or it could be a monster sometimes summoned by (evil?) bee wizards.

Some kind of plant control or growth spell as a SLA at some point( to help feed your bees) could b e viable at some point.

And a swarm of bees or a giant bee as a familiar or animal companion type creature is a must, obviously. Or a "Beeish" template that's applied over the normal animals for these sorts of class features.

Elandris Kajar
2015-07-06, 12:05 PM
I don't know if you know who snowbluff is, but he was making a bee class. Might be worth a look?

Bhu
2015-07-07, 05:46 PM
For the curious, presumable my Cat Burglar class is well known, and is a cat themed parody of the Rogue. This stuff will be for a similar class called the Bee-Guiler.

I'll have to look Snowbluff up.

Professor of Beeology will just have to be a PrC for this. Too good to pass up.

Much thanks for the input guys!! Keep it coming!

GreaserFish
2015-07-07, 05:51 PM
Based on a joke Bogleech made in a review of the Book of Vile Darkness, there definitely needs to be a spell that turns peoples' teeth into bees. I have no idea how you would work that, but I doubt it would be pleasant.

Debihuman
2015-07-07, 07:29 PM
What? No Bee-holden? (as opposed to bee-holder because I think that might be problematic). I am bee-deviled by that. What about a Beerly Bee-loved? An ale loving giant bee that is just looking for a little affection. Ahh Busy Bees (and their lazy good-for-nothing cousins).

Debby

Submortimer
2015-07-07, 07:56 PM
DR. BEEEEEEEEEES! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtXuBN1Hvc)

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-07-08, 01:55 AM
Problem: beeing bee-themed does not grant a significant bonus to armor class (http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p16/).

Ah well, just bee yourself, no matter what they say...

Debihuman
2015-07-08, 01:16 PM
Queen Bees' Magical Honeypot
This magical honey jar holds one pint of honey. Not only is honey sweet and delicious, it is also antibacterial. This can help make life a little more bearable when the party is forced to survive on the bland food from a create food and water spell. Honey smeared over a wound, provides a +1 circumstance bonus to saves against natural diseases. The honeypot contains 32 servings of honey if eaten or 16 uses as antibacterial ointment. Nonmagical honey placed in the jar takes 24 hours to become imbued with the jar's magical property.

Aura Faint Abjuration, CL 1, Create Wondrous Item, resistance Cost 125 gp and 10 XP; Price 250 gp. Weight 2 lbs. (the honey alone weighs 1 and 1/2 lbs.)

Bhu
2015-07-09, 01:54 AM
I had a feeling bees would be popular. :smallcool:

dysprosium
2015-07-10, 07:49 AM
Possibly the only thing more popular would be the bear.

Which makes me think of some kind of bee/bear hybrid creature.

Zaydos
2015-07-10, 01:01 PM
Possibly the only thing more popular would be the bear.

Which makes me think of some kind of bee/bear hybrid creature.

I already posted one in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19495101&postcount=5) here it is with strange framing story (http://peanutdracolich.tumblr.com/post/121606541277/tour-of-a-mages-menagerie-pt1).

dysprosium
2015-07-10, 01:12 PM
Well now I feel like an idiot. And I read that post last week too!

Prince Zahn
2015-07-10, 04:25 PM
It's been a while since I homebrewed anything like this:smalltongue: let's see what I got:

Beeatrice's Angry Hive
Conuration (Summoning)
Level: Bee Wizard 4, Cleric 5, Druid 4, Ranger 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: close (25 ft.+ 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: one container, hole or portal, up to 10 sq. ft./level
Duration:Permanent or until broken; 1 minute /level (see text)

You guard an container (such as a chest) or a pit, or door, window, gate or other such portal by creating an extradimentional pathway to a bee's nest and sealing it with a thin layer of bee wax and honey. The wax has 2 hp and has hardness 1, or it breaks if stepped on, or if the portal is opened. Once the wax breaks, it opens an extradimentional space that contains 1d4 +1/3 levels swarms of bees who fly in the direction of the creature who broke the seal. the swarms spread out to pursue and attack the creature who broke the seal, as well as the nearest creatures to it. The extradimentional space seals itself shut when all the swarms of bees have left from it. A swarm of bees magically teleports back to it's interdimensional nest when it reaches 0 hit points or after 1 minute/ caster level.
--------------------

Beeatrice's Angry Hive, Greater
Conjuration (summoning)
Level: Bee Wizard 6, Druid 6

As Beeatrice's Angry Hive, except you summon 1d8+1/3 levels swarms of hornets.

--------------------
Edit this spell, make of it what you need to, I hope your bee game will be super fun! :3

Eldan
2015-07-10, 04:40 PM
You need a Beeholder, if you don't already have one.

Also, a man who turns into a bee at the full moon, obviously, is a bee-were. Pronounced beaver.

Rater202
2015-07-10, 05:48 PM
I'me pretty sure that would be a werebee.

a beewere would be a bee that turns into a man at the fullmoon.

Bhu
2015-07-11, 04:06 PM
You need a Beeholder, if you don't already have one.

Also, a man who turns into a bee at the full moon, obviously, is a bee-were. Pronounced beaver.

I have a beewere, were bees ill prolly cover in spells

I do already have a Bee-Holder :D

darkscizor
2015-07-11, 06:25 PM
You should bee thankful for all of the posts you've gotten.

Zaydos
2015-07-12, 12:33 AM
I also made a bag of bees (http://peanutdracolich.tumblr.com/post/123344548367/atelier-of-an-eccentric-enchanter-pt-4).

Bag of Bee Holding
Price: 4,300 GP.
Body Slot: - (Held)
Caster Level: 3rd.
Aura: Weak; DC 17 Conjuration.
Activation: Standard (manipulation and command word)
Weight: 2 lb.

This yellow and black checkered bag is surprisingly heavy for a seemingly empty bag. Twice per day, when the command word is spoken and the bag is opened, 10,000 bees pour forth in a vicious swarm. This functions as a spider swarm but they are fine sized creatures with a fly speed of 40-ft (good). This swarm immediately moves 40-ft in the direction you specify. After that the swarm attacks the nearest living creature, even if it is you. After 1 minute a swarm released from this bag vanishes into the aether.

Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Perform (Dance) 1 rank, Summon Swarm.

Cost to Create: 2150 GP and 172 XP

Bhu
2015-07-14, 02:21 AM
Thread is almost up, or at least the skeleton of it. Will post linky soon.

Debihuman
2015-07-14, 05:44 AM
Wannbees. I will think of something for this.

Debby

Bhu
2015-07-14, 03:58 PM
Wannbees. I will think of something for this.

Debby

Template for an insane creature that wears a bee suit in hopes of being adopted by the hive?

Debihuman
2015-07-15, 07:17 AM
You could stat out Eric The Half-A-Bee..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlrsqGal64w

Debby

umbrapolaris
2015-07-16, 05:16 AM
Bee Bop a Lula : the ground under your feet spring thousand of itching darts , you can't do nothing except suffer the pain of the stings, unaware people think you entered into dancing frenzy.

Beestie Boys : you start singing like a rapper , with lot of nonsense rhymes, people around you affected by a sonic stunning effect.

beet it : your skin turns gray and you look like a skinny zombie with a hat. undeads cannot sense you. Liches and vampires even laugh at you and resume their tasks.

mister Been : your victims loose 95% of their INT , CHA and Dex for 2 rounds and act like idiots.

Temotei
2015-07-16, 08:14 AM
Bee Mine
Enchantment (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 6, Trickery 8, Sor/Wiz 8
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: 0 ft.; see text
Target: One creature; see text
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: Will partial; see text
Spell Resistance: No

You stab the bee stinger material component into a willing subject before placing it somewhere in your space (a bee stinger is subject to gravity, though other spells may be cast on it to levitate it, for example). You then speak aloud the conditions to trigger the bee mine.

Conditions for triggering the bee mine include: come within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet without speaking a password; come within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; a verbal command (set by the caster and triggered by whoever speaks it); a mental command (again, set by the caster and triggered by whoever forcefully gives the command); enter the bee mine's space; speak to the willing subject of the spell while within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; look at the willing subject of the spell while they are within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; touch the willing subject of the spell while they are within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; attack the willing subject of the spell while they are within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet. You may specify multiple trigger conditions as long as they do not conflict with each other.

A number of creatures equal to your caster level may be specified to never trigger the bee mine even if they meet its trigger conditions. The specified creatures need not be present upon casting the spell, but they must be identified aloud (though not necessarily by name).

A bee mine remains in place indefinitely or until triggered, at which point the stinger will embed itself into the first creature other than the willing subject of the spell to trigger it. If multiple creatures trigger the bee mine at the same time, the bee mine attempts to stab the closest target. If all creatures triggering the mine are equidistant to the bee mine, it randomly determines which to target (for five equidistant creatures triggering the bee mine at the same time, for example, use a d6, where a result of 6 means roll again).

Upon embedding itself into a creature, the bee mine injects pheromones from the willing subject of the spell, immediately changing the creature's attitude toward the willing subject to fanatic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#diplomacy) on a failed save, regardless of the creature's previous attitude. While the willing subject technically gains no direct control over the target's mind, the target can be easily and readily directed as those of fanatic status can be. Unlike the fanatic attitude's normal duration, this spell's effect is permanent. Even on a successful Will save, the target's attitude toward the willing subject still becomes fanatic for 1 round, after which point its attitude returns to normal and it acts normally. While it may be difficult to lower the target's attitude toward the willing subject, it is possible. Continuous maltreatment or neglect may lower the target's attitude eventually, though it should take quite some time.

Immunity to mind-affecting spells and effects will prevent the bee mine from working, but until the stinger is removed (via dispel magic, break enchantment, or a DC 30 Heal check that takes 10 minutes to complete), the target is still subject to the bee mine's effects should its mind-affecting immunity falter (it makes its Will save as soon as its immunity drops). Once a bee mine has worked its magic, there is no way to reverse its effects except through the wish or miracle spells or divine intervention.

Upon the target's death, its default attitude toward the willing subject becomes indifferent. Even if the target is brought back from death, its attitude remains indifferent until otherwise influenced again.

Material Component
A bee stinger.

Bhu
2015-07-17, 02:17 AM
That was awesome :smallcool:

Debihuman
2015-07-17, 03:01 AM
You can use my honey dragon if you like. It looks like a giant bee. Doh and the amber bee too. See links in my signature.

Debby

Octopusapult
2015-07-17, 04:25 AM
I just came to say that this is my favorite thread.

Debihuman
2015-07-17, 04:29 AM
Wannabee Template

Wannabees come from a myriad of backgrounds, but they have one thing in common—they want the power of bees. To aid in that endeavor, they tend to dress in garish black and yellow costumes and drone incessantly about the importance of bees.

CREATING A WANNABEE

Wannabee is an acquired template that can be applied to any Fey, Giant, Humanoid, and Monstrous Humanoid that has an intelligence less than 10.

Size and Type: As base creature.

Speed: If they do not have a flight speed, wannabees gain a set of undersized translucent wings and can fly at double their land speed (minimum 10 feet) with a maneuverability of Clumsy.

Natural Armor: Wannabees gain +1 Natural Armor.

Special Attack: Wannabees gain the following.

If I Bee Waspish (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (Ex): Wannabees gain a secondary stinger attack that deals 1d4 points of damage plus ˝ Strength modifier (minimum 1). Once the stinger has been used, it takes 1 week to grow back. A stingerless wannabee takes a -2 morale penalty to attack rolls until its stinger grows back.

Best Beeware My Sting (with further apologies to William Shakespeare) (Su): Despite their diminished mental capacity, wannabees can deliver barbs so sharp, they can cut an opponent to the quick. By merely humming, a wannabee can cause all opponents within 30 feet that can hear it to take a -4 penalty to all rolls. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + ˝ the wannabee’s HD + wannabee’s charisma modifier) reduces the penalty to -2.

Skills: Wannabees gain Profession (beekeeper) as a class skill. This gives them a +2 Insight bonus on all rolls when dealing with a swarm of bees, giant bees, giant wasps, and abeils.

Special Qualities: Wannabees gain the following.

Honey Dependent (Ex): Each wannabee is mystically bound to a single pot of honey and must never stray more than 300 yards from it. Any who do become ill and die within 4d6 hours. A wannabee’s pot of honey does not radiate magic. A pot of honey has 3 hit points and hardness 2. A broken honey pot is easily repaired with a mending spell or with sovereign glue.

Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +1

Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +1

Oh and in case you hadn't seen this before -- BEEFORGED: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Beeforged_(3.5e_Template)

Debby

Bhu
2015-07-19, 05:34 PM
I just came to say that this is my favorite thread.

Thanks!! It's always heartening to hear I've made someone happy.

Will have some stuff up shortly

Bhu
2015-07-21, 01:40 AM
Why are the Wannabees honey dependent?

Debihuman
2015-07-21, 06:34 AM
Because they wannabe bees and because I couldn't get Winnie the Pooh's honey pot outa my head. Voila!

Debby

Bhu
2015-07-22, 01:11 AM
Shoudlnt their stinger be poison?

Debihuman
2015-07-22, 01:36 AM
Nope, after all they're just wannabees. They are neither swarms nor giant vermin. They don't die when they use their stinger either. However, evil wannabes could coat their stinger in poison.

Divayth Fyr
2015-07-23, 06:32 AM
Going with some ideas from Terraria:
Beenade - a throwable weapon resulting in a swarm of bees being released in the area it hits.
The Bee's Knees - a bow that turns arrows into a group of bees that home in on nearby enemies.
Bee Keeper - a sword that releases bees when hitting an enemy.
Sweetheart Necklace - a necklace looking like a honey-covered heart that releases bees when the wearer is struck.
Hive Pack - a special backpack that increases the power of your bees.

And of course a monster called an Abeemination.

Bhu
2015-07-24, 01:19 AM
I will prolly need some monsters to round out Summon Bee I-IX

Okay the main thread is here: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.0

Please do not fret, I have not put up everything, and what is up is a skeletal framework. Please be patient and I will finish stuff/add content.

dragonjek
2015-07-24, 09:55 AM
I will prolly need some monsters to round out Summon Bee I-IX

Okay the main thread is here: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.0

Please do not fret, I have not put up everything, and what is up is a skeletal framework. Please be patient and I will finish stuff/add content.

That is the most beeyewtiful thing I have ever seen.

The Mentalist
2015-07-27, 09:12 AM
Hyperbobee (Lesser, Greater Variants?) generic buff, stuff of tall tales, maybe a bonus to a single skill check instead

"I swear man he literally jumped 50 feet"
"You mean figuratively"
"No, he seriously jumped 50 feet"

Beelong: Treated as a long creature (or maybe a quadruped, better bonuses)
Alternately: Cast it to make something else last longer?
Feat: Feeling of Beelonging: Whenever a creature within 10' would gain a competence bonus to a check, you gain it also
eh, would have to check for balance

Beenign: Remove status effects?

Befogged: Obscuring Mist of PAIN!

Beeheaded: You gain antenna and 360 vision?

Beefoul: Poison stuff with honey

Edit: I clearly need either more or less coffee

StandardDeviant
2015-07-27, 02:22 PM
The wasps may have their sting, but Spelling Bees cast fireball.

Bhu
2015-07-27, 03:48 PM
I will be adding the Beevur: aquatic bees which leap from the water and head slap people with their beaver tails.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-07-28, 07:08 AM
The wasps may have their sting, but Spelling Bees cast fireball.

Bonus points if the player/DM acts out the verbal components to their spells. Although the spell will fail if they get the letters wrong of course.

~Corvus~
2015-07-30, 02:49 AM
Beelzebub, Demon Lord of Bees. Keep track of monsters you encounter in a Beestiary. You could also craft a type of fizzy mead and call it Bee-r

By that token, Beenoghu, the god of half-bees half-gnolls, and Nezrebee, his gnoll-bee consort.

Ab-BEE-rant - psychic bee from beyond

Almost. the Ab-BEE-rant type is from the BEEyond

Bhu
2015-07-31, 08:10 PM
I plan for update to the Minmax thread this week. Got the spells that aren't homebrew finally listed in Bee Magic. I hope to finish the first round of bee monsters/spells, and at some point add the Demiplane of Beees.

ben-zayb
2015-07-31, 10:02 PM
Late for the party, but maybe you can call Buzzuzu?

Also, a spell:
Buzzkill
Universal
Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Clr 9, Drd 9, Anthopila 9
Components: XP
Casting Time: 1 immediate action
Range: Unlimited
Duration: Instantaneous

End the round

XP Cost
1000 XP

~Corvus~
2015-07-31, 10:59 PM
I dunno about that costing 1000 XP. Time Stop doesn't cost that much XP, and oh hey that could be cast at the end of a time stop.

Bhu
2015-08-04, 08:12 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282328#msg282328

With the exception of Beerly Bee-Loved, the first round of critters is done. Before I finish fluff/cr/la I thought I'd ask for some feedback.

~Corvus~
2015-08-05, 06:27 PM
Change "Beewere's are bees..." to Beeweres. The former uses the apostrophe in posessive, when it is wanted for plural. Use "Beeweres" any time you use the name in plural (like you did in the hive mind entry).

Under Combat, change to: "Combat: Beeweres generally try to..."

Edit: CR seems to be about 3 or so. I'd up their HD, as that curse can be nasty for low-levels and would warrant a good harasser-like monster.

Natural weapon has no listed damage. Cant deliver injury poison without damage.

What is the ability score used for the poison DC? Also, 10 is a decent DC but easily beatable/ removable. I'd make it a natural poison with a DC 12 or so.

Bhu
2015-08-06, 01:38 AM
Natural weapon has no listed damage. Cant deliver injury poison without damage.

What is the ability score used for the poison DC? Also, 10 is a decent DC but easily beatable/ removable. I'd make it a natural poison with a DC 12 or so.

It does 1 point of damage plus poison, as stated in the statblock.

Save DC for poison is always con based unless it specifically says otherwise.

Debihuman
2015-08-06, 07:30 AM
Beewere's melee attack is off. BAB +1, size modifier +8, weapon finesse uses Dex +5 = + 14 not +8.

Beethrope is just a werebee isn't it? CR +2, LA +2 looks about right. Can they make honey? What about royal jelly and beeswax?

Love what you're doing with Beerly Beeloved. Can you add honey mead addiction?

Rules for inebriation are pretty simple; See Cityscape pg. 44.

A PC can safely consume a number of drinks per hour (a "drink" counts as a tankard of ale, a glass of wine or a shot of the hard stuff) equal to one-half his Constitution score. One drink's effects wear off in an hour. Whenever a character imbibes more than that limit, he must attempt a Constitution check. The DC starts at 15 and increases by 1 point per additional drink. PCs with saving throw bonuses against poison (such as dwarves) can apply them to this Constitution check.

Each failed Constitution check imposes a -1 penalty to Dexterity and Wisdom (but does not actually reduce those ability scores) and a cumulative -1 penalty on Constitution checks to avoid further inebriation. A character's effective Dexterity and Wisdom can't fall below 1 due to inebriation. The character's actual Constitution score (and hit points) remains unchanged. A character passes out when the penalty on Constitution checks equals his Constitution score. He remains unconscious for 2d4 hours and is fatigued when he awakens but the temporary penalties end.

Debby

Bhu
2015-08-07, 01:39 AM
The Beewere's do honey and such, though the beecanthropes may assist. Mostly Beecanthropes are their largely unnoticed pawns in the human world.

Anything you want for Beerly Bee-Loved other than Bee-r Addiction, Bee-r Brewing and Affectionate Nature?

Debihuman
2015-08-07, 07:02 AM
I think you have enough for beerly beloved with those 3 things. This is turning into a fun project. Glad to BEE of help.

Debby

arrowstorm
2015-08-07, 08:57 AM
Alter self with a stinger

Debihuman
2015-08-07, 09:03 AM
Alter self with a stinger

I think you need to be more specific. My Wannabee template already does that.

Debby

Bhu
2015-08-08, 01:33 AM
Longtime viewers of my critters thread will remember Little Veekie's Big Beehouse of Horror. I have just posted it's sequel there.

Debihuman
2015-08-08, 07:30 AM
Psst Bhu link to Little Veekie part 1 as it's on page 12 but not in your table of contents (at least not that I could see) and to part 2 also just to make life easier :-)

Freelance GM
2015-08-08, 10:19 AM
Oh, sweet, no-one's beaten me to a joke about a Big Bee's Interposing Leg spell.

Bhu
2015-08-08, 05:26 PM
Oh, sweet, no-one's beaten me to a joke about a Big Bee's Interposing Leg spell.

omg you just gave me a perfect idea for a series of spells!

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=994.msg6620#msg6620 Bee-Holder, Bee Swarm, Big Bees, Big Bee Swarm

Little Veekie's Big Beehouse of Horror
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=994.msg6678#msg6678
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=994.msg268199#msg268199
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=994.msg268201#msg268201

Bhu
2015-08-11, 02:09 AM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282328#msg282328 1st set of critters has rudimentary CR/LA if you wanna peek (except Beerly Bee-Loved, still working on them).

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282474#msg282474 most of the second group of critters is now advanced enough for preliminary feedback.

Bhu
2015-08-16, 02:09 AM
Now working on third group of critters. Still no thoughts on the second?

Bhu
2015-08-24, 01:09 AM
My sincere apologies for the slowness of updates, I need to make rent by friday. Stuffs a comin'!

Bhu
2015-09-01, 07:51 PM
aaand I'm back!!

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=994.msg284626#msg284626 new round of bee critters in progress here.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-02, 04:01 AM
Those are a lot of different bees.

So, this caster is mostly going to be summoning things than? That works.

Namuh
2015-09-02, 09:35 AM
Non-summoning bee spells:

-Beedom (subject is freed from not beeing a bee)
-Bee's Quest
-Beegenerate (regenerated body parts are those of a bee)
-Beeincarnate (subject is reborn as a bee)
-Beeverse Gravity (everything falls towards nearest beehive)
-Contact other Hive
-Crushing Bee-spear
-Detect bee-will
-Expeditious bee-treat (when you need a treat for those bees right now)
-Guide-dance
-Invisibeelity (bees and bee-monsters can't see you) (could also be called "nonbeetection")
-Hively Smite (damages enemies of the hive)
-Lullabee (makes bees sleep)
-Magic Drone (transmute up to 3 drones to magic ammunition)
-Meld into Drone
-Mirror Beemage (fake copy of a Beeguiler or other Beemage. Permanent Beemage is op, tho)
-Power Word Sting
-Ray of Enbeeblement (strength reduced to that of a bee)
-Rust-Sting Grasp
-Sting-King Cloud (horrible AoE damage+debuff spell)
-Telebeenesis (move bees at a distance)

Bhu
2015-09-02, 06:06 PM
Those are a lot of different bees.

So, this caster is mostly going to be summoning things than? That works.

The core class no, some prc's yes. It's just that I made Summon Bees I-IX spells so i need options for each.

Oneris
2015-09-02, 06:50 PM
I can't Bee-lieve it's not Bees (http://www.scp-wiki.net/bees):
Affected subject begins to perceive an increasing number of objects as bees. Whenever the subject picks up or uses an object, roll randomly to see if the object is bees. If the object is bees, subject must roll a Reflex save to drop the object or take 1d3 damage and be Poisoned from bee stings. If the subject attempts to pick up an object that is bees, he or she must make a Will save or be sickened and shaken for 1d6 rounds.

Dondasch
2015-09-02, 07:17 PM
How a about a Has Been, Will ​Bee, a PrC focused on shapechangeing into bee-critters with the requirement that you have been a bee at some point?

Edit: Or call it the Beecomer

Bhu
2015-09-27, 09:09 PM
My apologies for the delay, had some bad medical issues offline. Still designing monsters fro the Summon Bee spells. I need some ideas for critters CR 8-10, and cr of less than 1.

Debihuman
2015-09-28, 05:52 PM
Bee related: Hive of Scum and Villainy. These is not your average bee hive. These bees are sneaky and mean. They're not giving up their honey and honeycombs so easily.... Each bee is approximately the size of your palm, including oversized wings and their beehive is easily 9 feet tall. They are smart for vermin (Int 2). I'd let them fly in formation making pictograms but not having an actual language. Imagine a trained swarm of bees....

Hope you are feeling better.

Bhu
2015-09-28, 06:11 PM
I am thanks! I was being tested for cancers and a bunch of other stuff. It's mostly came back okay except for a couple of pinched nerves.

Temotei
2015-10-01, 04:20 AM
I am thanks! I was being tested for cancers and a bunch of other stuff. It's mostly came back okay except for a couple of pinched nerves.

That's great to hear, Bhu. Was worried for you. :smallsmile: Hope the nerves get dealt with easily and quickly.

Bhu
2015-10-06, 03:33 AM
Okay, some of the monsters i wanna make use bee magic, so I have to switch over to spells (plus I promised elsewhere to finally get those darn spells done). So I'm switching to magic for the moment. Will post as soon as I have a significant update.

Bhu
2015-10-08, 03:12 AM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282542#msg282542

Okay most of the first batch of spells is done and have their descriptions up. I shall be finishing up and posting more soon. Looking forward to your feedback.

Debihuman
2015-10-08, 04:10 AM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282542#msg282542
Okay most of the first batch of spells is done and have their descriptions up. I shall be finishing up and posting more soon. Looking forward to your feedback.

Fun spells but a few issues.

B=MC2 is incomplete. Honeyed Bomb is also incomplete. Ditto for Stinger, Vitamin Bee, Vomit Bees, Wax On Wax Off, and You are Beeyewteeful spells. I am not a fan of dedicated summon monster spells. Just add the creatures to existing summon Nature's Ally spells or Summon Monster spells.

Not sure I'm a fan of having statue focus for bee spells be Venus. Should be Aristaeus instead if you want to keep the Greek mythology.

Don't use "enchant" when you mean "transmute". A few spells suffer from that. Other than that, just some minor proofreading needed.

Debby

Bhu
2015-10-09, 02:15 AM
Fun spells but a few issues.

B=MC2 is incomplete. Honeyed Bomb is also incomplete. Ditto for Stinger, Vitamin Bee, Vomit Bees, Wax On Wax Off, and You are Beeyewteeful spells. I am not a fan of dedicated summon monster spells. Just add the creatures to existing summon Nature's Ally spells or Summon Monster spells.

Not sure I'm a fan of having statue focus for bee spells be Venus. Should be Aristaeus instead if you want to keep the Greek mythology.

Don't use "enchant" when you mean "transmute". A few spells suffer from that. Other than that, just some minor proofreading needed.

Debby

I know some spells are incomplete hence why I said I'd be finishing up. I'm mostly wondering do the spells seem to be the correct level, and does the text seem vague or defined enough.

I used a venus statue because the Romans (and apparently quite a few others) identified various mother/fertility goddess types with bees, and a common symbol was a venus fertility statue painted to look like a bee. I has a picture of it somewhere.

Doorhandle
2015-10-11, 07:06 AM
Least resurrection:
Raise 1, mostly intact diminutive invertebrate from the dead. Costs 5gp worth of glass.

Mass least resurrection:
the same, but with a LOT of dead bugs, allowing you to spontaneously resurrect a swarm,. Cast on a living swarm, it makes it immune to any damage less than it's full HP for 1round/level.
Costs 500gp worth of diamond dust.

Bhu
2015-10-12, 01:24 AM
Okay Im slowly starting to add everyone s suggestions. I guess I'll post every so often when I have a sufficient chunk of new stuff done (I have finished a few more since last post, promise).

Debihuman
2015-10-12, 05:15 AM
Hive Mind spell doesn't make sense for communication of 50 miles since that exceeds the range of the spell. Range should be changed to Long (400 ft. plus 40 ft./level) and communication limited to 500 feet.

Bee Mine: material component is listed as bee sting, but it should be bee's stinger.

Debby

Starbuck_II
2015-10-13, 10:48 PM
The Sword of Bees
A dark shimmering blade with a black opal gem on the hilt. This short sword is quite sharp. It has the following characteristics:
• +1 weapon
• It emits a low buzzing, humming sound when used in combat.
• Any natural 19-20 attack roll causes a swarm of bees to swirl out of the weapon's blade, surrounding the struck foe. These bees cause no damage, but distract and blind the enemy, who suffers a -2 penalty on all actions, and a -2 fear save penalty for three rounds.
• Any natural 1 attack roll causes a swarm of bees to attack the wielder as above.
• Bees are glittering gold unless a fumble is rolled, in which case they are a sickly green.
Price: 5K

Bhu
2015-10-14, 04:42 PM
What would y'all want for a honey golem/ooze? I'm thinking of going in the direction of making it an anti undead critter. My apologies for the lack of updates, I've been distracted by someone being a richard over on minmax.

Debihuman
2015-10-15, 11:09 AM
Beeswax golem and honey ooze make more sense to me. Also, sorry to hear about your woes on the Min/Max boards. I don't frequent there but I can always jump in to lend a hand, pm with a link to the thread.

Bhu
2015-10-16, 01:00 AM
You really don't want involved in this. It's pretty much a slugfest where we've been reduced to trolling one another, but it's winding down so I'll have the chance to fire things back up. Honey ooze it is. Still think the anti undead bit is thematic?

Bhu
2015-10-17, 11:27 PM
OK all current spells except Bee=MC2 are done. Will start adding me shortly.

Debihuman
2015-10-22, 08:32 AM
The last sentence in Allergic to Bees doesn't make sense because it doesn't say how greater restoration shortens the spell. Maybe change it to: "A greater restoration spell will dispel the current allergic reaction but will not cure the allergy."

P.S. I created a Word Document with all the bee spells and it's a whopping 24 pages long. Bravo Sir!

Bhu
2015-11-01, 09:31 PM
I has fixed, much thanks!

Will prolly be 10 more pages o spells when I'm done.

Hanuman
2015-11-02, 04:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2WJi6RHj4

Symbol of Hornet's Consumption
As: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/symbolOfDeath.htm
Except foes are afflicted with an http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/infestations infestation of Consumption Hornets, aberrant creatures born of magic.
The effects are both awesome and terrible, the creature gains perfect flight (but only during it's turn) and can command the hornets weaving in and out of it's body to deal __damage to a target within 30' with only a command word, but (significantly high DC) concentration check must be passed to act normally, otherwise the creature is treated as both blind, deaf and panicked.
The hornets consume the target over time, dealing 1 constitution damage per turn, after the creature dies the consumption hornets die and spawn passive hornets who hungrily devour the corpse of their slain host.

Bhu
2015-11-09, 12:15 AM
Might anyone here be knowledgeable about beeswax?

Fii
2015-11-09, 12:36 AM
101 uses of beeswax:

http://matteroftrust.org/5044/101-uses-for-beeswax

Bhu
2015-11-18, 02:50 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?170253-Critters-II!/page38

Scroll down for the Bee-Gurls. Beeswax Golem and Honey Ooze up next.

Bhu
2015-11-28, 01:43 AM
Besides being sticky anything you guys would like to see in a honey ooze?

Debihuman
2015-11-28, 01:05 PM
Would a honey ooze be edible?

Bhu
2015-11-29, 03:04 AM
Would a honey ooze be edible?

If it's an actual ooze no. If it's a construct that just a blob, yes.

Bhu
2015-12-19, 05:21 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20013747&postcount=1111 beeswax golem up/

Any preferences as to ooze or construct for honey ooze?

I also wanna add a honey badger in this somewhere

Debihuman
2015-12-25, 10:20 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20212842&postcount=1138

Correct link for beeswax golem.

TechnOkami
2015-12-26, 02:16 AM
A Bee-holder.

It's a giant bee hive.

With eyeballs.

That floats.

And holds bees.

Debihuman
2015-12-27, 01:19 AM
I think if you call it an "ooze" that it should be an ooze. Honey ooze would be an ooze.

nikkoli
2015-12-27, 04:36 PM
Why wouldn't a honey Ooze be edible if it is an Ooze but it would be edible if it were a construct? Are oozes inherently acidic or something like that? But the honey badger as a natural predictor to a honey Ooze would be neat.

Bhu
2015-12-28, 07:06 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20212842&postcount=1138

Correct link for beeswax golem.

d'oh! thanks debbie!

A Bee-holder.

It's a giant bee hive.

With eyeballs.

That floats.

And holds bees.

I have a Bee-Holder. Must think of a different pun for this one...

Why wouldn't a honey Ooze be edible if it is an Ooze but it would be edible if it were a construct? Are oozes inherently acidic or something like that? But the honey badger as a natural predictor to a honey Ooze would be neat.

If its an ooze it's a giant blob of acid. If its a construct its an animated pool of honey.

Bhu
2015-12-28, 07:56 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20238863&postcount=1139 Honey Ooze and Blood Honey Ooze done (I went with construct before u guys replied)

I also finished the blood honey spell.

Bhu
2016-01-05, 10:05 PM
For a spell called Tsunambee, would you prefer an epic level summon? Or an illusion showing a horizon wide swarm approaching?

Debihuman
2016-01-06, 11:24 AM
In my not so humble opinion, we have too many summon spells already. Also, I hate singular summon spells. I would just make a creature and state that it can be summoned by Summon Monster X spell. Hehehe aquatic bees. That would be fun. They use their wings to swim underwater. If you give them the Amphibious special ability, they could swim and fly. No getting away from those bees by diving in the water.

Debby

Bhu
2016-01-12, 11:19 PM
It can't fly but I do have the Beevur for aquatic bees, lol. Working on a golem made of dead bees as we speak.

tsj
2016-01-16, 01:59 PM
BEE spells...

I apologize beforehand, if any of these spell names have already been used...

BEE-SAFE: as mage armor

BEE-E-A-UTIFUL 1-9: Gain bonus to CHA based on spell slot used (1-9)

BEE-HAVE: as hold person

BEE-COOL: as charm person

BEE-THOVEN: summon a bee dog (dog with bee stripes and wings)

BEE-THAT-WAY: shrink yourself or a target to the size of a BEE,
and while the spell is active, gain the skill Ride(Bee) with a bonus equal to your caster level

STING-LIKE-A-BEE:
Like magic missile,
but the damage die is the one closest to the spell slot used...
level 1: 1 damage
level 2: 1D2 damage
level 3: 1D3 damage
level 4: 1D4 damage
level 5: 1D4+1 damage
level 6: 1D6 damage
level 7: 1D6+1 damage
level 8: 1D8 damage
level 9: 1D10 damage (capstone: 1D10 instead of 1D8+1)
and the number of bee-missiles equals your caster level...

BEE-GEILER 2-9:
cast any Enchantment or Illusion spell with a spell level that
equals half, rounding up, of the spell slot used to cast this spell

BEE-HIVE:
turn in to a bee hive for a number of hours equal to your caster level

BEE-LIKE:
as polymorph but you WILL have black and yellow stripes, due to the
chaotic nature of the spell, the DM will decide where the stripes appear and how

BEE-NICE:
as charm person

BEES-WAX:
create an amount of bee's wax equal to 5 lb per spell level

BEE-ATER:
gain pure base attack for a number of rounds equal to your level

BEE-KY:
polymorph in to a bird with bee stripes

BEE-FY:
gain temporary hit points equal to double your current hit points

BEE-AST:
polymorph in to an animal, but you also have an appropiate sized bee head
instead of the head that animal would normally have

BEE-C: time travel to specific time and place

BEE-AN: polymorph in to a socially awkwad humanoid in a not so modern suit and temporary gain a stuffed toy that looks like a bee

BEE-LIAL: temporary gain the outsider template without the level adjustment

BEE-N-THERE-DONE-THAT: create a black and yellow T-SHIRT with writing of your choice

BEE-NY: gain bonus to bluff check equal to your caster level

HONEY-I-SHRUNK-THE-KIDS: area/mass version of BEE-THAT-WAY

C-BEE-S: mental link with everyone within 1 mile

O-BEE-S: double weight of target and halves target speed

BEE-IBER: Nauseate target for a Nr of rounds equal to your caster level

BEE-BEE-Q: like fireball

BEE-P: beep sound that triples an opponent casters required concentration checks

BEE-M: dimension door

BEE- LOW: Gain burrow speed temporary

BEE-ILBO: polymorph in to a hobbit with striped clothes

NO-BEE-S: zone of truth

CEE-BEE: send messages to team mates

BEE-S: bonus to discern lies and sense motive

BEE-FOUR: discern what target has seen the last 4 hours

A-BEE-HAM: gain leadership feat temporarily

A-BEE-C: speak and understand any language temporarily

BEE-STRO: create food and water

---

edit...

here is a monster....

the dreaded vinnie-BEE-poo, a honey monster, a honey golem!

--

Wasn't there a thread with 20+ pages of bee related stuff on this forum somewhere?

--

renamed a spell

---

New spell ....

BEE-STIARY: polymorph in to a bee and summen a bee swarm bodyguard at the same time... you may continue to cast bee related spells while in this forms since they can all be cast by making buzzing bee noises

Bhu
2016-01-25, 07:55 PM
and now i feel the need to add more bee spells!

Bee Golem is up in my critters thread. It's almost done.

Bhu
2016-02-10, 02:49 AM
Should have the Honey Badger and a few more critters up soon (and spells too if the Gods look upon me kindly).

Bhu
2016-02-29, 06:54 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20483968&postcount=1150 behold the beeserker!

Thoughts on what you like to see for advanced hivemind feats?

Bhu
2016-03-30, 07:36 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20605826&postcount=1153 New bee critters

My apologies for disappearing. Due to an unfortunate infection I was given ciproflaxin which carries a warning label for tendon injury or rupture, and as a result I now have inflamed or injures tendons in my right chest, shoulder, wrist and both heels. With luck I shall be back to full again soon.

Bohandas
2016-03-31, 01:19 AM
brainstorming possibilities here without necessarily figuring out specific effects (or even whether they're spells or items or abilities, etc.):

-otto's informative dance

-honey trap

-wax on wax off

-honey comb: makes hair accessories out of honey

-drone strike

-greatest hits of queen

-workers' compensation

-workers' control of the means of production

-none of your beeswax

-sting operation

-narcotics sting: grow a stinger that injects ketamine

-bumbling oaf

-drone camera

-you must be pollen my leg

-hivemind

-hive of scum and villany

-nectar of the gods

-killer queen

-bee mine

-bee prepared

EDIT:

-Quilting bee

-flow-bee

EDIT:

-Fly honeys

-bee-n burrito

-honeypot

-honeyed words

EDIT:-

-bee-n there done that

-two bees or not two bees (maybe like There/Not There but only affectig the presence of insects?)

Debihuman
2016-04-23, 11:51 AM
Hey Bhu, I hope you are feeling better. Here is my Amber Bee: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=11526107&postcount=1343

Debby

Bhu
2016-04-29, 08:38 PM
I'm kind of getting worse :smallfrown:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20725586&postcount=1154 three new critters for review, including one you've been waiting on debi

Debihuman
2016-05-01, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are doing poorly. I do wish you a speedy recovery despite this. Thanks for the Bee-Dazzler. I have been uninspired as of late so not spending much time here as I used to. Will think on this project some more.

Debby

suburban
2016-05-04, 03:00 PM
He should be able to fly, even though it defies the laws of physics magic.

Debihuman
2016-05-07, 09:23 AM
Who should be able to fly? It helps if you quote the subject because there are a lot monsters to reference.

Bhu
2016-05-11, 12:36 AM
He should be able to fly, even though it defies the laws of physics magic.

the honey badger?

Bhu
2016-05-23, 06:28 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20811956&postcount=1155 honey badger is up and awaiting comment. Will be switching back to finish up spells soon.

DeadpanSal
2016-05-24, 02:43 AM
Yay, I'm still open to reference my favorite bee line:

Projectile Immunity
Abjuration
Level: Cleric of Bees 2
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: Instant Reaction
Target: Self
Duration: 1 hour/level or until discharged
The Bee-Aligned spellcaster gains damage reduction 10/magic against all projectiles, including firearms and thrown weapons. This can be used on your turn or as an immediate reaction to a ranged attack that targets you. The somatic component of this spell is flailing your arms, with a verbal component of screaming "BEES BEES YOUR FIREARMS ARE USELESS AGAINST THEM"

Bhu
2016-06-30, 08:13 PM
Well I found out why Im in pain. You know where the rotator cuff, labrum and cuff tendon meet? Yeah, that sorta severed. As soon as they reverse my frozen shoulder I'm off for surgery.

In the meantime I've added more spells. Will link to them as soon as they're finished and it's on to magical items.

Bhu
2016-07-26, 07:58 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282542#msg282542 all spells done and ready for feedback!

As soon as I finish the Bee of Power! template for Bee=MC2 we go on to magic items.

Debihuman
2016-07-28, 06:40 PM
Awesome Bhu. Sorry I haven't been on lately. I fell playing tennis and broke my left humerus in 3 places, almost knocking the ball off, and sprained my left ankle too. I had surgery for it and am healing but I'm kinda a mess. Good luck with you shoulder too. What a fine pair we are!

Speaking of bees, maybe we could have magical beeswax or magical beeswax candles.

Debby

Bhu
2016-08-06, 01:06 AM
OMG that sounds awful! Mass hugs, and hopes for a quick recovery.

Bhu
2016-08-24, 06:14 PM
Can anyone think of any disadvantages to being a sentient being formed of electricity? Im finishing up the Bee of Power! template and I can't think of many problems they'd encounter in a medieval setting.

ShiningStarling
2016-08-24, 06:20 PM
Depends how much control over their form they have, cause touching conductive, grounded materials could end quite badly for them if they had poor control over their electrical bodies.

Bhu
2016-08-25, 05:48 PM
I assume they have a decent amount of control

Bhu
2016-09-28, 06:13 PM
Bee of Power!

Bee of Power! is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any bee or bee-like creature. It is a temporary Template gained from the Bee=MC2 spell, and turns the base creature into a being of pure electricity.

Size and Type: Type becomes Construct with the Living and Incorporeal Subtypes.

Hit Dice: Unchanged.

Speed: Loses all mobility types, but gains Flight 120 ft. with Perfect Maneuverability. It's Flight also works perfectly well under water.

Armor Class: Any Natural Armor Bonus to AC becomes a Deflection Bonus instead (minimum +1).

Attacks: The base creature gains no new attacks unless it has no natural weapons. If it has none it gains a melee touch attack doing Electricity damage equal that is dependent on it's size: Diminutive or smaller: 1 point, Tiny: 1d2, Small: 1d3, Medium: 1d4, Large: 1d6, Huge: 1d8, Gargantuan: 2d6, Colossal: 3d6.

Damage: Damage from all natural weapon attacks is now Electricity damage, and they are now considered to be touch attacks.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Arcing (Su): The Bee of Power has a +4 Racial Bonus on attack rolls against opponents wearing metal armor (or carrying metal shields) or composed of metal, and on Sunder checks against metal objects.

Pulse (Su): Once per round as a Full Round Action the Bee of Power! can unleash a burst of electrical energy in a 20 ft. area centered on itself. It does 1d6 electricity damage per Hit Die of the Bee of Power!. When it does this it shortens the duration of the spell giving it this Template by 1 round, or loses the benefits of any spells fed to it via power sponge (which can be fed to it again the next round).

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Energy Resistance (Ex): Gains Energy Resistance 10 to Acid, Cold, Fire, and Sonic damage.

Damage Reduction 10/Magic

Power Sponge (Su): Bees of Power! are immune to electricity damage, healing 1 hit point for every two hit points of damage that would have been done (it cannot attack itself to heal in this manner). Additionally, whoever cast the spell to give the Base Creature this Template can opt to "feed" it a spell once per round as a Swift Action. The caster loses a memorized spell (or a spell slot in the case of Sorcerers and similar casters), and the Bee of Power receives a beneficial effect for the duration of this Template. The caster may lose a 3rd, 4th or 5th Level spell, and the Bee of Power! gains the benefits of a Heroism spell. If the caster loses a 6th Level or higher spell, the Bee of Power! gains the benefits of a Greater Heroism spell. It only gains the benefits of one spell at a time, they do not stack. Additionally the caster may deliberately attack the Bee of Power! with spells doing electrical damage as if they were Maximized via the Maximize spell feat.

Saves: Unchanged (but see Special Qualities).

Abilities: +4 Dex, +4 Wis, +4 Cha. Str Score becomes -.

Skills: Unchanged.

Feats: Unchanged.

Environment: Unchanged

Organization: Unchanged

Challenge Rating: +3

Treasure: Unchanged

Alignment: Unchanged

Advancement: Unchanged

Level Adjustment: n/a

Mith
2016-09-28, 10:24 PM
Just as a formatting note, you can put in a uperscript (E = mc2)

The button is 3rd in from the spoiler button, or to type it out it's

Otherwise, the template amuses me greatly.

Bhu
2016-10-29, 04:48 PM
Just as a formatting note, you can put in a uperscript (E = mc2)

The button is 3rd in from the spoiler button, or to type it out it's

Otherwise, the template amuses me greatly.

Sorry that took so long. I might be losing my license due to medical restrictions in real life, so there's been a bit of a scramble to prepare.

DuctTapeKatar
2016-10-29, 08:56 PM
Bee Poison

This alchemical formula that should never be mistaken for pulp-filled orange juice kills people by forcing their body to produce bees.

Upon 3 hours after drinking it, a person should notice hives on their arms and torso, as well as face, mouth and other interior regions. Upon 5 hours, the hives become actual beehives with a massive swarm of bees flooding from them, exiting from every place imaginable. Their screaming body then becomes a permanent home for the bees, stinging and biting the person to death until their mutilated corpse becomes a pile of beehive-covered bones.

Fortitude save of 10 will counteract the poison, but the victim will be urinating live bees for at least a week.

Mith
2016-10-30, 07:48 PM
Whelp, there goes my sleep tonight...:smalleek:

Bhu
2016-10-31, 06:04 PM
Bee Poison

This alchemical formula that should never be mistaken for pulp-filled orange juice kills people by forcing their body to produce bees.

Upon 3 hours after drinking it, a person should notice hives on their arms and torso, as well as face, mouth and other interior regions. Upon 5 hours, the hives become actual beehives with a massive swarm of bees flooding from them, exiting from every place imaginable. Their screaming body then becomes a permanent home for the bees, stinging and biting the person to death until their mutilated corpse becomes a pile of beehive-covered bones.

Fortitude save of 10 will counteract the poison, but the victim will be urinating live bees for at least a week.

Thats a heluva curse :smalleek:

Bhu
2016-11-29, 01:11 AM
Now taking requests for epic level bee spells, will have items to post soon.

Bhu
2016-12-17, 10:20 PM
I have been most busy

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282542#msg282542 added new spells

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg313226#msg313226 and the first round of magic items are up

Bhu
2017-01-03, 08:24 PM
Finished core class except for bee form, and added secound round of magic items. Next month should have epic spells and a new critter: The Therabee

Lemmy
2017-01-03, 10:17 PM
Best one comes from Knights of Pen and Paper 2:

The Beeholder!

A giant, floating one-eyed beehive with an AMF gaze... XD

Debihuman
2017-01-04, 07:43 AM
I have been most busy

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282542#msg282542 added new spells

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg313226#msg313226 and the first round of magic items are up

You certainly have. You might want to proofread some of these. Unbeetable is garbled. Your bee allies get swole? What does that even mean? I recommend changing it to:

This spell is identical to divine power, except it affects a number of bee or bee-like creatures who are your allies. Their base attack bonus becomes equal to their character level (which may give them additional attacks), they gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, and they gain 1 temporary hit point per caster level.

Debby

Bhu
2017-01-06, 01:37 AM

The Beeholder!

I have something similar called a Heyeve.

You certainly have. You might want to proofread some of these. Unbeetable is garbled. Your bee allies get swole? What does that even mean? I recommend changing it to:

Debby

swole is a slang term for muscular

Debihuman
2017-01-23, 07:03 AM
Can anyone think of any disadvantages to being a sentient being formed of electricity? Im finishing up the Bee of Power! template and I can't think of many problems they'd encounter in a medieval setting.

Wearing armor would be out of the question I would think. Not for yourself necessarily (assuming you have immunity to electricity but you'd be a hazard to everyone and everything around you).

Debby
Reminder Bhu: I am old and very unhip. That newfangled hispter lingo has me befuddled.

Debihuman
2017-01-24, 07:14 AM
Apparently I forgot to port a monster over from the WotC's site before they deleted their forums. I was reading Celestia's thread and noticed she had a bumblebear and then I remembered I had made one. It was based on a black bear and it needed some tweaking but here is the correct version now.

Here is my version of the bumblebear

Bumblebear
Medium Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+5 (32 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 15 ft. (clumsy)
Armor Class: 16 (+1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +10 melee (1d8+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +10 melee (1d4+5) and bite +5 melee (1d6+2) and stinger+ 5 melee (1d4+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Move Silently +4 (-4 in flight), Spot +9, Survival +2*
Feats: Endurance, Flyby Attack
Environment: Temperate forests and plains
Organization: Solitary, pair, or colony (3–8 with swarm of honeybees)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 6–10 HD (Large); 11–15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

This creature blends the features of a black bear and a giant bumblebee.

Bumblebears are rumored to have first arisen as the result of magical crossbreeding between giant bumblebees and black bears. They are not generally aggressive except during the mating season or when they or their beehives are threatened.

Bumblebears prefer to forage in open fields near forests where they make their dens. Their flying capabilities allow them to claim large areas as their territory—usually ten square miles. Bumblebears are mostly herbivores but will eat bees, fish, and other game to supplement their diet and to gain weight before hibernation. They hibernate during the winter months and emerge in the spring along with their cubs. The pollen that clings to their fur is used by normal honeybees to make the honey that bumblebears love. Bumblebears often claim normal beehives to raid for honey but will also protect those hives against intruders. Bumblebears will even raid the honeycombs of giant honeybees regardless of the stings.

A full-grown bumblebear can stand as tall as 5 feet and weigh up to 130 pounds. A bumblebear’s lifespan is around 20 years.

Combat

Bumblebears fly into combat and strike with their stingers. If confronted, they attack with claws and bite.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a bumblebear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 13, initial and secondary damage 1d4 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based. A giant bumblebear that successfully stings another creature does not lose its stinger and may sting more than once. The poison affects are cumulative. Bumblebears are immune to their own poison, the poison of other bumblebears and the poison of bees and giant bees.

Skills: Bumblebears have +4 racial bonus on Spot checks and a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks to orient themselves. When in flight, bumblebears take a -8 penalty on Move Silently checks due to the buzzing sounds their wings make.

I based it off the picture here: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1a/f7/df/1af7df89a5242c77be1165e4b3cc6e9a.jpg.

Bhu
2017-01-31, 12:24 AM
omg that is just adorable...thats goin' in if you let me.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg313226#msg313226 added more items

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg313227#msg313227 epic spells done, just need to do the templates that go with them

Grey Watcher
2017-02-02, 07:55 PM
I'd suggest some sort of spell (or magic item :smallconfused: ) that heals or prevents psychic damage and mental conditions (frightened, etc.).

What is it called you say?

"Don't Bee-at Yourself Up"

Debihuman
2017-02-03, 04:22 AM
omg that is just adorable...thats goin' in if you let me.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg313226#msg313226 added more items

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg313227#msg313227 epic spells done, just need to do the templates that go with them

Go right ahead.

And I have and I have a new spell for you too. Actually 2 spells, because who doesn't want to ride into battle with their own theme music?!

Flight of the Bumblebee
Transmutation [sonic]
Level: Brd 4, Drd 4, Rgr 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: One Standard Action
Range: Medium (100 feet + 10 feet/caster level)
Target: One winged flying creature
Duration: 10 minutes/level (D)
Saving Throw: None

When you cast this spell on a winged flying creature, its wings create a rambunctious musical effect reminiscent of a flying bumblebee that can be heard for miles. This prevents the flying creature from moving silently for as long as the song lasts. Magical silence is also negated.

With thanks to Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. Flight of the Bumbleee (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QV1RGMLUKE) A variant of this spell can be used on any creature used as mount. That is known as Ride of the Valkyries.

Ride of the Valkyries
Transmutation [sonic]
Level: Brd 4, Drd 4, Rgr 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: One Standard Action
Range: Medium (100 feet + 10 feet/caster level)
Target: One creature used as mount
Duration: 10 minutes/level (D)
Saving Throw: None

When you cast this spell on a creature used as a mount, a rambunctious musical effect reminiscent of a battle cry that can be heard for miles. This prevents the creature from moving silently for as long as the song lasts. Magical silence is also negated.

Listen up here: Ride of the Valkries (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92OBNsQgxU) Yes, Wagner.

Alternative lyrics

We fly through the night skies
Flapping our fat thighs
Picking up dead guys
There goes one now!

On Wagons we load em
To take 'em to Odin
And see if he knowed 'em
Sometimes he does!

We take 'em to Asgard
Right through the front yard
Smells like a stockyard
[hold nose and say]I think so too!

I'm sure there is more but I can't seem to locate it (or the author)

And as I channel Elvis: Thank you, thank you very much [ducking the tomatoes that are surely being thrown my way].

Debby

Bhu
2017-02-11, 12:05 AM
So how nig a CR/LA boost do you guys think I should shoot for if it's gained by epic level templates?

One turns you into an evil clown, and one gives you an afro made of bees.

Debihuman
2017-02-11, 05:09 AM
So how big a CR/LA boost do you guys think I should shoot for if it's gained by epic level templates?

One turns you into an evil clown, and one gives you an afro made of bees.

Bee-Clowned

"All creatures in the area of effect who fail their Saving Throw permanently gain the Evil Clown Template."

So all the people and critters in the area Killer Klowns from Outer Space with laser beam eye attacks and such? Finish the template first and then we can figure out LA/CR boost. Aim High. I wanna see an army of ants with this template....forget the humans who fail their saving throws!

Debby

Bhu
2017-02-24, 08:20 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.0 Bee-Guiler core class finished and yet more items added.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg313227#msg313227 templates are done

I'll be taking short break as I go in for surgery this 28th, so I'll see you not long after.

Bhu
2017-03-13, 08:53 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg318013#msg318013 finally well enough to do some work, beginning to add epic items

freeWeemsy
2017-03-14, 05:07 PM
Bee Right There - You designate a creature as your queen. As long as you are on the same plane if the queen calls you, you can hear her and know to return.

Bhu
2017-04-15, 06:45 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg318013#msg318013 epic items done

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323446#msg323446 anti-bee items done

will be adding alternate class features and races next.

The-0-Endless
2017-04-15, 10:44 PM
Healing Honey: Honey used to to treat wounds. +4 to Heal Checks
Impossible to infect as well BEEcause honey never goes bad.

also, a max level spell, a wildshape variation that turns you into 1d2 Japanese giant wasp per hitpoint? They would work as a swarm, meaning that they could divide into groups of 20 wasps each and anything touching these groups would take 2 d10 piercing damage per turn. All weapons and inventory would be dropped when this spell was enacted, and individual wasps have 1 hitpoint. Each group uses armor class 16 as a 'swarm moves like water to avoid the _______ ' All things have to make a DC: (number of wasps in the swarm /4 round up) constitution save against poison when attacked. Bees have straight stats of 1/2 that add together in groups before making a check

TL;DR: wildshape into swarm of bees. Overpowered, but only gotten at 20th level so its OK.

Bhu
2017-05-24, 09:36 PM
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323452#msg323452 First race up: The Bumbles. Anyone think they're worth a +1 LA?

Bhu
2017-06-20, 09:25 PM
Due to the death of minmax, none of the thread links here will work. I'll be putting the material up here as soon as I can tho, so no worries.

rferries
2017-06-22, 02:21 AM
Here's the Apidae, benevolent celestial bees that oppose the merciless Formians (and are a much more benign take on sentient bees than the Pathfinder Thriae).

Apidae
Apidae descend from the first celestial bees ever created by the deities of good. They originally made it possible for plantlife to flourish in the material planes at the start of creation, and though their influence has since diminished they stand in stalwart opposition to the depredations of the expansionist Formians.

In spite of their somewhat alien natures, Apidae are utterly benevolent and strongly inclined towards order. They actively seek out diplomatic alliances with nearby settlements, engaging in trade (and even donations for poorer neighbours) of their magical honey, wax, bee bread, and royal jelly. An Apidae colony defends both itself and its allies from roving monsters and marauders. Paladins and diplomatic envoys are always warmly welcomed by a colony and often are allowed to meet the Queen herself.

Collective Intelligence
Unlike Formians, an Apidae colony is a true hive mind. The individual members are mindless but act in concert at the direction of the group mind (as embodied by and focused through the Queen). If the Queen is killed the hive mind refocuses itself to one of the available Princesses (who immediately gains the statistics of a Queen, minus any spells already used for the day and limited by the Princess's current hp total and any damage or conditions the Princess has already suffered); if there are no available Princesses the hive mind can continue to function at a reduced capacity (effective Intelligence score of 3 directing all the remaining workers, drones, and larvae) until such time as another larval Princess matures (directly into a new Queen).

All members of a colony have the hive mind special quality. Any member of the colony can make skill checks as though it were the Queen (using the Queen's skill ranks and mental ability modifiers but the individual's physical ability modifiers, as appropriate). Although individual members other than the Queen have Intelligence scores of 3 by virtue of the celestial creature template, these Intelligence scores (and their base Wisdom and Charisma scores) are subsumed by the Queen/hive mind's constant and near-omniscient directions; so long as there is at least one colony member alive that has not been affected by a mind-influencing effect all members may act as though they were unaffected by that effect.

Hive Mind (Ex)
All Apidae within 50 miles of their Queen are in constant communication. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No Apidae in a group is considered flanked unless all of them are.

Dances
Apidae from the same colony have no need to communicate with each other as they all share the same mind. When communicating with other Apidae colonies or non-Apidae, they perform elaborate magical dances that allow them to communicate via telepathy with any creature that can see the dance. It takes a full-round action for an Apidae to establish the telepathy and it remains active for as long as the Apidae dances. Typically one worker in an encounter will dance to "speak" for the colony while the others remain on guard. The hive mind is also capable of speaking through simple direct telepathy via the Queen with no need for dancing.

Products
Apidae colonies are industrious and produce many marvellous goods for both their own use and for trade. The hive minds consider it unseemly to expect compensation from impoverished neighbours and often make charitable donations as appropriate.

Wax
This magical translucent amber-golden wax is as light and strong as mithral (and counts as a natural material for the purposes of druid armor restrictions). Apidae use it to construct their many-celled hive-palaces high in the trees or on distant mountain peaks, though it can be traded to humanoid settlements to make weapons and armor via the fabricate spell or similar effects.

Honey
Apidae honey is delicious and has curative and sacred properties. One dose acts as a combined potion of cure light wounds and an antitoxin, as well as having all the properties of a vial of holy water.

Bee Bread
Formed from collected pollen, bee bread is extraordinarily nutritious. One ration has the properties of a goodberry but it will keep indefinitely in its wax seal.

Royal Jelly
This substance is very potent and produced in controlled amounts. Apidae generally do not trade it but instead gift it to communities where leadership is inherited, to ensure that future chieftains and monarchs are wise and benevolent. An Apidae larvae that is fed a dose of royal jelly will mature into a member of the reproductive caste, but a humanoid that ingests it will live to the maximum age for their race and will produce Aasimar offspring with the elite array (or better) for their ability scores.

Castes
An Apidae colony is subdivided into numerous castes.

Larvae
These are the helpless young of the colony, residing in their snug personal cells of the hive and attended to by the workers. A larvae is a 1HD magical beast (augmented vermin) with Str and Dex scores of 0, a Con score of 10, 4 hp and AC 8.

Workers
These are the Apidae that gather the nectar and pollen that the colony uses to produce its magical honey, bee bread, and royal jelly. They also produce the wax used to construct the hive itself. Each worker has statistics as a giant bee with the celestial creature template that has been advanced to 6HD.

Royals
These are the Drones and Princesses. Drones remain alongside their Queen in her chambers and guard her from intruders. Princesses remain in the Queen's chambers until the colony is large enough to split, at which time each Princess leaves with a retinue of workers to meet Drones from other colonies and form an new colony (with a new hive mind). Drones and Princesses each have statistics as a giant bee with the celestial creature template that has been advanced to 9HD.

Queen
The ultimate royal and the avatar of the hive mind, the Queen of an Apidae colony directs the activities of each colony member as a mind directs a limb. Her statistics are given below.

APIDAE, QUEEN
LARGE MAGICAL BEAST (Augmented Vermin)
Hit Dice: 18d8+36 (117 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 80 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural, -1 size), touch 10, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+21
Attack: Sting +16 melee (1d6+6 plus poison)
Full Attack: Sting +16 (1d6+6 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison, Smite Evil, Spells
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic, darkvision 60 ft., hive mind, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and electricity 10, spell resistance 23, telepathy 100 ft., vermin traits
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +14
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 22, Wis 22, Cha 22
Skills: Concentration +23, Craft (apidae products) +26, Diplomacy +29, Knowledge (architecture and engineering, nature, nobility and royalty) +27, Perform (dance) +26, Search +6 (+8 to find secret doors and hidden compartments), Sense Motive + 27, Spellcraft +27, Spot +31, Survival +6* (+8 in aboveground natural environments
Feats: Empower Spell, Eschew Material ComponentsB, Flyby Attack, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Spell Penetration
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Hive (1 plus 100-400 workers, 11-40 reproductives, plus 50% larvae)
Challenge Rating: 18
Treasure: Triple goods (Apidae products)
Alignment: Always lawful good
Advancement: 19-24 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: -

This creature resembles a particularly large and radiant celestial bee with a shining golden carapace and crystalline wings. Its many-faceted eyes gleam like jewels and possess a deep and penetrating wisdom.

Apidae Queens cannot speak aloud (like all Apidae), but can communicate the hive mind's words to outsiders through direct telepathy rather than relying on the Apidae dances.

The workers and reproductives mount organised defenses of the hive against intruders, while the Queen summons reinforcements and provides other spellcasting as necessary. Due to the nature of the hive mind the Queens are as replaceable (if not quite as expendable) as any worker; the hive mind will not hesitate to sacrifice the Queen to preserve the life of a worthy mortal community or individual if necessary.

Combat Abilities
Hive Mind (Ex)
All Apidae within 50 miles of their Queen are in constant communication. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No Apidae in a group is considered flanked unless all of them are.

Poison (Ex)
Injury, Fortitude DC 21, initial and secondary damage 1d4 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Smite Evil (Su)
Once per day an Abidae Queen can make a normal melee attack to deal 18 extra damage against an evil foe.

Skills
Apidae Queens (and by extension each member of their colonies) have a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks, a +20 racial bonus on Craft checks relating to their products (honey, wax, bee bread, and royal jelly),and a +20 racial bonus on Perform (dance) checks. *They also have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks to orient themselves.

Spells
Apidae Queens cast spells as 18th-level sorcerers. They draw their spells from the druid spell list (not the sorcerer/wizard spell list) and the Air, Community, Creation, Good, Law, Nobility, Plant, and Sun domains.

Telepathy (Su)
An Apidae Queen can communicate telepathically with any intelligent creature within 100 feet whose presence she is aware of.

Gaiyamato
2017-06-25, 12:02 AM
A long time ago I made a Bee-r Rager (http://realmsandrocs.proboards.com/thread/172/bee-rager-base-class) class which is basically a druid that gets drunk on mead and rages about as a swarm of bees inside a swarm of bees making bad Bee puns all day...

DracoDei
2017-06-28, 07:45 PM
Pardon me if this has been done, but I haven't read much of this thread.

Bee-nine: Harmless spell that only functions on willing Bee-Creatures. Multiplies their numbers by nine, but renders them all utterly incapable of causing harm of any sort. At the end of the duration any survivors merge back together at the location of a random one of their number (how to handle damage, buffs, debuffs? Cumulative in all cases?)

Bhu
2017-06-30, 05:09 PM
The minmax boards have been resurrected, and I will be backing up my stuff asap. Once this is done new content will resume.

nintendoh
2017-07-01, 10:30 PM
Anyone remember the metal gear solid snake eater boss called the pain. He shot wasps and you had to remove them like bullets. Kinda relevant.

Bhu
2017-07-12, 07:35 PM
Anyone remember the metal gear solid snake eater boss called the pain. He shot wasps and you had to remove them like bullets. Kinda relevant.

Check out the Bee Be Gun spell.

I like the Bee-r Rager and Apidae!

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323453#msg323453 New race: The Buzzees

LunarDrop
2017-07-13, 08:14 PM
A bee-themed character? Please make a bard, and he tries to seduce women with "Ya like jazz?" and then begins to play

Bhu
2017-08-02, 11:06 PM
beginning to add Feats http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323448#msg323448

and the Professor of Beeology http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg325112#msg325112

tonberrian
2017-08-03, 10:23 PM
Beekini Armor.

Bhu
2017-08-08, 06:36 PM
Beekini Armor.

This has inspire a PrC...

On a side note if there's any PrC's yuo guys would like to see...

Debihuman
2017-08-15, 09:07 AM
beginning to add Feats http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323448#msg323448

and the Professor of Beeology http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg325112#msg325112

That Professor of Beeology just rocks Bhu! This is one of my favorite prestige classes now. Sorry I haven't been around much. My dad had a very mild stroke (very mild as in it only affected his peripheral vision) but he isn't allowed to drive yet so I'm the current chauffeur.

Debby

Bhu
2017-08-16, 10:37 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323448#msg323448

Thanks Deb!!

I added the Reserve Feats for the class to the list.

DracoDei
2017-08-19, 12:33 AM
Typo in the basic class:
Effectively barred from the larger cities for a tie, t

Should bee(sic) "time".

Bhu
2017-09-07, 02:13 AM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg325113#msg325113 Thanks Draco!!

Linked above is our next PrC, the Beecomer. Feats to be added soon

Bhu
2017-09-25, 11:54 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323448#msg323448 Beecomer Feats and Epic versions are up.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg327916#msg327916 Beekini Model is up next

Silkensword
2017-09-28, 09:43 AM
Very close to a homebrew I made a couple months back!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xcyceavZHy0iZZIIxZmGWeqV7GOBde2b7I8nZc35iwc/edit?usp=sharing

This might be of interest to you! :)

Bhu
2017-10-01, 11:34 PM
Very close to a homebrew I made a couple months back!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xcyceavZHy0iZZIIxZmGWeqV7GOBde2b7I8nZc35iwc/edit?usp=sharing

This might be of interest to you! :)

Damn you put some work into this...kudos on a nifty class!

Bhu
2017-11-05, 09:40 PM
I swear I'm still working on this. Real life has just gone to hell lately and I've been unable to get things done.

Bhu
2017-12-04, 10:03 PM
Beekini Model PrC and Feats are done. Editing in Queen now. http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg327917#msg327917 Hopefully work is settling down and I can return to work.

Bhu
2017-12-25, 08:41 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg327917#msg327917 Queen is done but for fluff, got the Beekeeper coming up next

brian 333
2017-12-26, 09:28 AM
This idea is stolen from the short story Candyman.

Zombee Hive:

Any corpse, when a Hive Queen moves in, can bee animated and preserved by the hive. Their nest is built within the rotting chest cavity and special queen grubs burrow into the necrotic flesh to take control of the corpse. Wax and honey drips from the orifices of the corpse as the Zombee Hive shambles around seeking flowered pastures in which to lie down.

The hive buzzes at all times as bees come and go or do their bee thing, and this renders such monsters incapable of stealth, even though the first time this sound is heard it doesn't sound threatening. When agitated the buzzing can grow as loud as a human's scream.

In combat the zombee itself never attacks, and will seek to evade attacks in its clumsy, shambling way. However, anyone interfering with the Zombee will be subjected to the attacks of the swarm as they pour out of the orifices of the Zombee.

Tiny creatures contain the equivalent of 1d3 HD of bees, small can house 1d6 HD, medium 2d6 HD, large 3d6. Creatures above Large size are difficult for normal Zombees to animate. However, Giant Zombees are said to exist, of such size that even dragon corpses could be animated. The age of the hive determines how many HD can combine in a single attack.

Special Attack: When a swarm encounters a subject it cannot sting due to armor, the individual bees begin to burrow into the folds, pleats, and seams, seeking a way to flesh. Armor Class ÷2 determines how many rsounds it takes them to reach the skin where their attacks can be conducted without evasion, Dex, or armor bonuses. (Only natural AC and magical armor such as provided by Mage Armor or Vestments spells or potions. DR items work, but deflection does not.)

The animation process takes from 3-9 days as the queen finds a fresh corpse and lays her fertilized queen eggs which become the grubs which animate the corpse. Thereafter, infertile grubs are born which become worker bees who begin building the hive. Within 9-18 days the hive is completed and the workers begin to seek a permanent home, usually on a south facing slope near a field of flowers. At this point the hive is 1HD. Each week thereafter in the spring and summer the hive can raise an additional HD of bees up to the corpse size maximum.

By the time the corpse has rotted the hive has usually found a permanent home where the corpse settles. Whether the hive survives the winter or not, the next spring the young queens burrow out of their first home, fly high into the air seeking mates, then hunts a fresh killed corpse in which to make their new hives.

Smoke has a narcotic effect on Zombees, which become confused, lethargic, and incapable of flight.

Fire, even incidentally near a Zombee such as one which flies over a lit torch, crisps its wings rendering it incapable of flight. When hot enough, it kills them instantly, and attacking with fire causes double damage to a swarm. Even a small flame is a danger to a Hive which, when exposed for even a fraction of a round to open flame, lights up the wax-covered corpse like a bonfire, killing the entire hive, including its queen and its queen grubs.

Cold based attacks render the hive lethargic and those Zombees not immediately killed by the attack will gather in the hive and begin a winter dormancy routine. While the bees will not voluntarily leave the hive, further attacks will cause a subsequent swarm attack which will make them forget the cold, until attacked by cold again. (They aren't individually very smart at all!)

Evil characters use the honey and wax of Zombee Hives as components in their evil magic. It is said that one who eats a spoon of Zombee Honey gains the effects of a Potion of Glibness, while one who eats a spoonful of Zombee Royal Jelly gains a temporary +1 Charisma. The unfortunate side effect of these products is that they create a desire to eat necrotic flesh in the consumer.

Bhu
2018-01-14, 10:25 PM
I need to stat this up!

Sorry for the lack of posting work has been super dark this week and I've been distracted because I don't know what to do about it.

Bhu
2018-02-18, 10:26 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg331824#msg331824 Beekeeper is done, Delphic Bee up next

Bhu
2018-03-12, 11:04 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323448#msg323448 Initiate of the Thriae Feat is done, fluff is up for Delphic Bee http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg333171#msg333171

Fire Tarrasque
2018-03-14, 03:54 PM
Is Beestroyer a thing yet? Beemon? Firebee? Beecycle?

Bhu
2018-03-18, 12:39 AM
Is Beestroyer a thing yet? Beemon? Firebee? Beecycle?

No, but I need to work these in...

Bhu
2018-04-03, 09:04 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg334096#msg334096 Delphic Bee is done, Drone is up next.

Bhu
2018-05-07, 11:42 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=994.msg318887#msg318887 finished up the last three bee critters i had forgotten

Bhu
2018-05-27, 09:17 PM
I modified Beekeeper capstone, Drone is done.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg334433#msg334433 Pasichnyk is up next.

Bhu
2018-06-20, 02:20 AM
Pasichnyk will hopefully be done tomorrow, and I'll have the next one started. Sorry abot delays, but work has been insane as usual.

Saintheart
2018-06-20, 03:05 AM
If you're still taking suggestions on this thread, and it does not seem to have been done as yet, I would like to hum-bly propose a bardic PrC:

The Bee-guiler.
A bard with a honeyed voice and a sting in his tales, the bee-guiler has flown to the heights of mastery of his art. Clothing himself in raiment of yellow and black, the bee-guiler is frequently, but not always, of the hum-anoid type. His songs are the drone of summer, the buzz of life, and the hum of nature.

Maat Mons
2018-06-20, 03:18 AM
Beest

It really should have been Bumblebeast.

Maat Mons
2018-06-21, 01:01 AM
Have you done a dwarven prestige class based on a beard of bees?

And here's some more pun material.

Bea Arthur
Bebop
Bejesus
Bejewel

Bhu
2018-06-27, 11:59 PM
I'll have some stuff up soon, real life has taken a bad curve for me.

Malphegor
2018-06-28, 04:22 AM
WizardLevel 0: Honey Splash: You conjure a blob of honey, and throw it at someone's eyes. It deals 1d3 damage on a successful ranged touch attack.

Wizard/Druid Level 0: Summon Hive Guard: You hold out your hand, and a friendly bee will land on your hand, coming out of the nearest unobserved route to the outside. It will follow your simple commands, and can sting enemies, dealing 1 damage. It flies at 10feet per turn, and has 1 HP maximum

Wizard 0: Launch Bug: You can send bug you touch at high velocity at your target. 100ft+10ft/round.

Wizard 1: Conjure Hive: You conjure a bee hive. A bee hive will spew out one Hive Guard per round until the conjured duration ends. These Hive Guards operate autonomously, and attack the nearest target- including the caster.

Wizard 2: Honeyslick: You wave a piece of honeycomb, and conjure some honey onto your target. Acts as Resinous Tar, except it is edible.

Wizard 2: The Hive Queen's Hideous Buzzing: You, and all allies within 15 feet/level of you begin to make buzzing noises. Enemies within 15 feet/level of you must make a Will Save (DC:12) or be Shaken.

brian 333
2018-06-28, 10:17 AM
Bee Bait

Druid/Beekeeper 1, Wizard/Sorcerer 2, Cleric 3
Range: 30'
AoE: 10' sphere
Duration: Permanent until bath
Save: Reflex negates

The caster hurls a piece of honeycomb which explodes like a grenade. The explosion does no physical damage, but splatters everyone in the area of effect with droplets of honey. A Reflex save allows the character to avoid this by taking a free 5' step to exit the AoE.

All who are splattered attract 1-4 normal honeybees per round which crawl around on the victim seeking the honey droplets. Any move to strike or squash the bees angers them and thereafter each bee attacks the victim on arrival. Each bee may only sting once for no damage, but each sting has two possible effects.

Immediately upon being stung the victim must make a DC 10 Fort save to avoid an allergic reaction to the poison. This will cause the victim's throat to constrict, making breathing difficult for 1d6 hours. If a character rests during this period there is no further penalty, but physical exertion such as walking while encumbered or combat forces a DC 15 Fort save to avoid fainting, which lasts for 3d4 rounds. Multiple allergic reactions only matter in that the longest duration rolled is applied, (they are not cumulative.)

With each sting a second DC 10 Fort save is required to avoid the disability that comes with swelling and pain. Each failed save applies a -1Dex penalty. When Dex is less than 3 the victim can only lie twitching helplessly, and when Dex reaches zero the victim is paralyzed. Numbers below zero should be recorded to allow accounting of the duration of this condition. Dex points temporarily lost to this condition are restored at the rate of 1 point per hour.

Bees will continue to be attracted to the victim of this spell until the victim bathes. Note that unless attacked, harassed, or shooed away, the bees will harmlessly crawl around on the character. The DM may require a Will save to avoid freaking out if the players choose to not roleplay the effects of bees crawling all over their characters.

rferries
2018-07-04, 08:25 AM
Cross-posting my Hive Druid here (I wrote it up as a prestige class before realising it works better as a druid variant, can be adapted relatively easily).

Hive Druid

Prerequisites:
To become a hive druid, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Alignment
Any lawful.

Languages
Druidic.

Spells
Ability to cast 3rd-level divine spells.

Special
Animal companion, wild empathy, and wild shape class features.

Hit Die
d8.

Class Skills
The hive druid’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Knowledge (nobility & royalty) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis).

Skill Points per Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Hive Druid

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special
Spellcasting

1st

+0

+2

+0

+0

Hive Companion,
Hive Empathy,
Hive Morality,
Hive Shape I
+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

2nd

+1

+3

+0

+0

3rd

+2

+3

+1

+1

Hive Shape II

4th

+3

+4

+1

+1

Venom Immunity

5th

+3

+4

+1

+1

6th

+4

+5

+2

+2

Hive Shape III

7th

+5

+5

+2

+2

8th

+6/+1

+6

+2

+2

9th

+6/+1

+6

+3

+3

Hive Shape IV

10th

+7/+2

+7

+3

+3

Hive Mastery

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the hive druid.

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies
A hive druid gains no additional weapon or armour proficiencies.

Hive Companion (Ex)
At 1st level, a hive druid's animal companion is replaced with a hive companion (see below). If a hive companion is dispersed by reducing its hit point total below 1 hit point per Hit Die (see Hive Mind), it automatically replenishes its numbers and returns to the druid after 24 hours with no effort needed on her part.

Hive Empathy (Su)
At 1st level, a hive druid may use her wild empathy to influence the attitudes of vermin as though they were animals. Mindless vermin are treated as having intelligence scores of 1 for this purpose.

Hive Morality (Ex)
At 1st level, a hive druid no longer loses her druid class features for adopting a non-neutral alignment. Instead, she loses her class features for adopting a non-lawful alignment.

Hive Shape (Su)
At first level, a hive druid may use her wild shape ability an additional number of times per day equal to her Wisdom modifier. However, she may only use it to adopt the form of a particular type of vermin, depending on her alignment (see below). A hive druid's natural attacks in hive shape deal damage according to her size (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules/#Table_Natural_Attacks_by_Size).

Alignments & Hive Shapes

Alignment
Form
Speed
Natural Armour
Natural Attacks
Special Attacks
Special Qualities
Ability Scores
Skills
Feats

Lawful evil
Wasp (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/giantWasp.htm)
20 ft,
fly 60 ft. (good).
+4
Bite,
sting (plus poison)
Poison
Darkvision 60 ft., vermin traits
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14
+8 Spot,
+4 Survival (orient)
-

Lawful neutral
Ant (soldier) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/giantAnt.htm)
50 ft.,
burrow 20 ft.,
climb 20 ft.
+7
Bite
Improved Grab,
Acid Sting
Darkvision 60 ft., scent,
vermin traits
Str 14, Dex 10, Con 12
+4 Survival (scent),
+8 Climb
Track

Lawful good
Bee (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/giantBee.htm)
20 ft.,
fly 80 ft. (good).
+2
Sting
(plus poison)
Poison
Darkvision 60 ft., vermin traits
Str 11, Dex 14, Con 11
+4 Spot,
+4 Survival (orient)
-

See the linked monster entries for details.

Poison (if any) save DC = 10 + 1/2 character level + Con modifer. Adjust the ability damage according to the druid's size in hive shape.

A hive druid in ant shape also gains a burrow speed (see above); she may only burrow through earth and similar soft materials but may create tunnels for her allies to follow.

A hive druid in bee shape does not lose her stinger with a successful sting.
Hive Shape I
At 1st level a hive druid may assume the form of a vermin up to one size category smaller or larger than her actual size. See Changes to Statistics by size, below (all changes are cumulative).

Hive Shape II
At 3rd level a hive druid may assume the form of a vermin up to two size categories smaller or larger than her actual size.

Hive Shape III
At 6th level a hive druid may assume the form of a vermin up to three size categories smaller or larger than her actual size.

Hive Shape IV
At 9th level a hive druid may assume the form of a vermin up to four size categories smaller or larger than her actual size.

Changes to Statistics by Size

Old Size
New Size
Str
Dex
Con
Natural Armor
AC/Attack
Slam Damage

Fine
Diminutive
Same
Same
Same

Diminutive
Tiny
+2
Same
Same
1d2

Tiny
Small
+4
Same
Same
1d3

Small
Medium
+4
+2
Same
1d4

Medium
Large
+8
+4
+2
1d6

Large
Huge
+8
+4
+3
1d8

Huge
Gargantuan
+8
Same
+4
+4
2d6

Gargantuan
Colossal
+8
Same
+4
+5
2d8

Spells (Ex)
When a new hive druid level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in any one divine spellcasting class she belonged to before he added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that she adds the level of hive druid to the level of whatever other divine spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly. If a character had more than one divine spellcasting class before she became a hive druid, she must decide to which class she adds each level of hive druid for the purpose of determining spells per day.

Venom Immunity (Ex)
At 9th level, a hive druid gains immunity to all poisons.

Hive Mastery (Ex)
At 10th level, a hive druid becomes a colony unto herself. Her type changes to vermin (even when she is not in hive shape), granting her darkvision out to 60 ft., immunity to all mind-influencing effects, immunity to effects that specifically affect humanoids, and a +6 racial bonus on wild empathy checks made to influence vermin.

Additionally, she may use her hive shape to assume the form of a swarm, gaining the statistics of her hive companion but retaining her own Hit Die, mental ability scores, and class features. While in swarm form she does not gain animal companion abilities or become mindless if reduced below 1 hit point per Hit Die.

Hive Companion
A druid's hive companion is a swarm of Fine vermin matching her hive shape (e.g. wasps for a lawful evil hive druid). It has statistics as follows:

Size and Type
A hive companion is composed of Fine vermin and has the [Swarm] (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#swarmSubtype) subtype. It occupies a 10 ft. space and has 0 ft. reach.

Hit Dice
A hive companion has Hit Dice equal to the hive druid's caster level (to a maximum of her character level).

Speed
A hive companion has all the movement modes of the hive druid's hive shape.

Armour Class
As a Fine creature, a hive companion has a +8 size modifier to its Armour Class in addition to its Dexterity modifier.

Base Attack/Grapple
A hive companion has a base attack bonus equal to 3/4ths of its Hit Dice (though it generally does not make attack rolls). As a swarm, it cannot grapple.

Attack/Damage
A hive companion is generally limited to making swarm attacks (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#swarmSubtype). The hive druid can command her hive companion to exclude herself and her allies from the swarm's attacks. Magic fang and similar effects allow the swarm attack to be treated as a magic weapon, but do not increase its base damage.

Hive Companion Hit Dice
Damage

1-5
1d6

6-10
2d6

11-15
3d6

16-20
4d6

21 or more
5d6

Special Attacks
The hive druid can command her hive companion to exclude herself and her allies from the swarm's special attacks.

Acid Stings (Ex)
An ant hive companion's swarm attack deals additional acid damage equal to the base swarm attack's damage.

Distraction (Ex)
Any living creature that begins its turn with a hive companion in its space must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 hive companion's Hit Dice + hive companion's Constitution modifier) or be nauseated for 1 round.

Poison (Ex)
Injury, Fortitude negates (10 + 1/2 hive companion's Hit Dice + hive companion's Constitution modifier), initial and secondary damage equal to the hive druid's hive shape poison special attack (if any).

Special Qualities
As the hive druid's hive shape, plus the following:

Animal Companion Abilities (Ex)
A hive companion has the link, share spells, and evasion abilities of an animal companion.

Hive Mind (Ex and Su)
Any hive companion swarm with at least 1 hit point per Hit Die forms a hive mind, giving it an Intelligence of 1 (and thereby granting it skills and feats). When a hive companion is reduced below this hit point threshold, it becomes mindless and disperses.

A hive druid and her hive companion are in constant telepathic communication while they are within 50 miles of each other. If one is aware of a particular danger, they both are. If they are in a group and one of them is not flat-footed, neither of them are. If they are in a group and one of them is not considered flanked, neither of them are. This is a supernatural ability.

Swarm Traits (Ex)
As a swarm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#swarmSubtype). A hive companion is composed of Fine creatures and is therefore immune to weapon damage.

Vermin Traits (Ex)
Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to mind-influencing effects (even while it has an Intelligence score).

Saves
Good Fortitude saves, poor Reflex and Will saves.

Abilities
A hive companion has Charisma, Intelligence, and Strength scores of 1, a Wisdom score of 12, and Constitution and Dexterity scores equal to 10 plus its Hit Dice.

Skills
A hive companion gains racial skill bonuses as the hive druid's hive shape. It is entitled to skill points due to its Intelligence score. A hive companion's racial skills are Climb, Spot, and Survival.

An ant hive companion uses its Dexterity modifier in place of its Strength modifier on Climb checks.

Feats
A hive companion is entitled to feats due to its Intelligence score.

An ant hive companion gains Track as a bonus feat.

Bhu
2018-07-21, 08:28 PM
Pasichnyk is done!! Love the suggestions and will work them in soon. A coworker has been trying to get me fired and I'm off on injury, so sadly I haven't gotten much of anything done but I hope to change that.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg335103#msg335103 Madhumakhee will be up next.

Bhu
2018-08-26, 10:41 PM
Madhumakkhee is done, the Melissae are up next

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg335839#msg335839

Bhu
2018-10-03, 11:03 PM
Melissae are done, Tholoi are up next http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg337208#msg337208

Bhu
2018-10-29, 06:46 PM
Tholoi are done except for the Tholos template which is up next.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg337706#msg337706

Bhu
2018-11-19, 06:34 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg337706#msg337706 Tholos template is done.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg338289#msg338289 Bee-Nighted headed up next.

Bhu
2018-12-03, 12:00 AM
minor snag with Bee-Nighted, but i should have it done soon, and then I will begin work on the beegenerate. http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg338545#msg338545

Bhu
2018-12-21, 01:10 AM
Beegenerate is done, Bee-lligerent is next. http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg338830#msg338830

Debihuman
2018-12-23, 10:01 AM
Hey Bhu (long time no see) I've been off this site for a while but I'm back for now.

You still haven't finished Initiate of the Queen Mum feat (it's a prereq for the MADHUMAKKHEE PRESTIGE CLASS). What is the feat supposed to do?

I kinda get your black bee swarm but I really don't understand why you didn't rename the other bee swarms. These are outsider bees not normal bees. Should they be holy bee swarms or something like that?

In the Melissae you've combined Enhanced Fey Magic (text appears to be missing) with Fey Magic.

I think the 8th level aging rules for the Beegenerate are too complex. Why can't they just stop aging at 8th level?

Debby

Bhu
2018-12-26, 06:11 PM
Hey Bhu (long time no see) I've been off this site for a while but I'm back for now.

You still haven't finished Initiate of the Queen Mum feat (it's a prereq for the MADHUMAKKHEE PRESTIGE CLASS). What is the feat supposed to do?

I kinda get your black bee swarm but I really don't understand why you didn't rename the other bee swarms. These are outsider bees not normal bees. Should they be holy bee swarms or something like that?

In the Melissae you've combined Enhanced Fey Magic (text appears to be missing) with Fey Magic.

I think the 8th level aging rules for the Beegenerate are too complex. Why can't they just stop aging at 8th level?

Debby

I'll get the Initiate Feat tonight and try fixing the Melissae. We've had some sort of coding error over on minmax that's goofing things up. The Madhumakhee was based off an Indian Goddess who kills demons by unleashing swarms of black bees from her body.

I'll think about Beegenerate and finish up more stuff as soon as we fix the coding problem (which will hopefully be this week)

Bhu
2019-02-04, 09:54 PM
My apologies, 70 hour weeks got the better of me. Corrections are being made as the forum error is fixed. Vee-lligerent is mostly done, I just need to decide what I want Bee Rage to do.

Bhu
2019-03-04, 09:16 PM
Bee-lligerent is done. Bee-yonder is next http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg340281#msg340281

DuctTapeKatar
2019-03-05, 10:40 PM
It really should have been Bumblebeast.

Create Bumblebeast: Enchant a willing animal companion or mount to become a bumblebeast for 1d4+(level) rounds, a creature that has been mutated to bear the likeness of a bee.

Bumblebeasts in the small or medium size category sprout small wings and can fly 25ft, while larger ones gain fly 10ft. A bumblebeast gains a sting attack which deals 1d4 damage and poisons the target for 1d6 damage (CON 15 saves). Bumblebeasts are affected by spells and abilities associating with the vermin (insect) monster type.

Bhu
2019-04-15, 11:50 PM
I was thinking of concentrating mor on the adorableness of th bumblebee.

Bhu
2019-05-06, 11:06 PM
Gimme another week for content. A chair broke under me at work injuring me and 2 days later a truck hit my car. I need a bit to deal with stuff.

moonfly7
2019-05-08, 10:54 AM
inside another thread on the site there's a discussion about beforged, a warforged with a hive of bees inside of it. Play that as a swarm druid for some bee themed fun.

Bhu
2019-05-26, 08:44 PM
inside another thread on the site there's a discussion about beforged, a warforged with a hive of bees inside of it. Play that as a swarm druid for some bee themed fun.

Is this by Eiji?

Bee-Yonder and more Feats are done, Big Bees are up next

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.40

moonfly7
2019-05-27, 08:33 AM
Is this by Eiji?

Bee-Yonder and more Feats are done, Big Bees are up next

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.40
Not sure who eiji is, only read beeforged once

Maat Mons
2019-05-27, 07:47 PM
Bees living in a warforged? Bah! They should live in a beeswax golem. ... And give it fast healing because they're constantly rebuilding it. ... And the bees should have a hivemind that is also the golem's mind. ... Obviously.

Kyutaru
2019-05-27, 10:04 PM
Kyutaru's Brilliant Buzz
4th level conjuration

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (honey comb)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Classes: Bard, Druid, Warlock, Wizard

The hum and form of thousands of bees is summoned forth to blanket the area in a drowning din that prevents anyone within 40 feet of the origin from hearing or seeing anything more than the buzzing cloud. All creatures in the area are automatically Blinded and Deafened with no saving throw. Those relying on Blindsight are overwhelmed by the presence of thousands of creatures moving in rhythmic fashion and cannot discern between the bees and other opponents. Those that are immune still treat all attacks made as heavily obscured. The bees cannot survive in any sort of inclement conditions, such as a damaging cloud or torrential winds. Anything that might harm Tiny creatures is capable of dispersing the bee cloud including area of effect spells and abilities, granting one turn of immunity to the effect in the area they cover, however more bees are always summoned to replenish the fallen ranks. Spellcasters are incapable of performing vocal components in the area of effect as the pandemonium stifles and shatters any sounds they utter. Concentration-based effects within the area automatically fail unless the caster succeeds at a DC 15 Constitution saving throw to maintain the spell every round spent within the bee cloud. The bee cloud is harmless and, while possibly frightening and distracting, it cannot harm anyone or anything and the bees disappear when the spell ends.

Bhu
2019-06-10, 08:19 PM
Kyutaru's Brilliant Buzz
4th level conjuration

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (honey comb)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Classes: Bard, Druid, Warlock, Wizard

The hum and form of thousands of bees is summoned forth to blanket the area in a drowning din that prevents anyone within 40 feet of the origin from hearing or seeing anything more than the buzzing cloud. All creatures in the area are automatically Blinded and Deafened with no saving throw. Those relying on Blindsight are overwhelmed by the presence of thousands of creatures moving in rhythmic fashion and cannot discern between the bees and other opponents. Those that are immune still treat all attacks made as heavily obscured. The bees cannot survive in any sort of inclement conditions, such as a damaging cloud or torrential winds. Anything that might harm Tiny creatures is capable of dispersing the bee cloud including area of effect spells and abilities, granting one turn of immunity to the effect in the area they cover, however more bees are always summoned to replenish the fallen ranks. Spellcasters are incapable of performing vocal components in the area of effect as the pandemonium stifles and shatters any sounds they utter. Concentration-based effects within the area automatically fail unless the caster succeeds at a DC 15 Constitution saving throw to maintain the spell every round spent within the bee cloud. The bee cloud is harmless and, while possibly frightening and distracting, it cannot harm anyone or anything and the bees disappear when the spell ends.

I need to add this to the spell list!

Bhu
2019-07-09, 08:12 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg342988#msg342988 Big Bee is done, Visitor is up next.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323448#msg323448 also there are new bee feats.

jintoya
2019-07-10, 11:26 AM
Let's see, if you have large bees, why not give them some fun sonic attacks as a special monster feat?

Bounty of bees: minor creation. Probably 1st
spell that creates enough honey to fill a small jar.

Amber honey:
special honey that is made by special bees and hardens into an Amber like state when heated and cooled, allowing weapons and armor made of it.

All the buzz:
Spell that allows you to take a gather information/listen check at range using bees as a microphone/listening device

Locate sugar:
Find nearest source of sugar

Feat: drink diver
You may take a short fall (15-20'?) without damage, so long as you land on someone's beverage (anyone else had to deal with this?)

Eye of the bee-holder: some supernatural ability I'd think.
You can see into the ultraviolet light spectrum, see pheromone trails left by insects and see words in dances

That's all for now, time for work

Edit: no double post

Un-beecoming: 6th?
Take a bonus to intimidate equal to half your caster level as you take many qualities of a large insect, including wings, a singer, antennae and insectoid eyes granting you a +4 on spot checks.

Magic (bee)missile:
It functions just like magic missile, but shoots bees.

Swarm King/Queen: (no idea on level)
After casting this spell, you may take command of a swarm following the same rules and restrictions as controlling undead. (I suppose it's kinda a niche spell, but a good duration might make it worthwhile.)

Ambrosia: item, DC 25 (alchemy)
You take a liter of honey and distill it down to a single potion, it has all the benefits of a days sustenance and grants fast healing 1 for 1 hour (+ 10 min for every 5 points you beat the DC by)

Bhu
2019-08-13, 09:43 PM
I like these! Will add to the lists of stuff to do.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg343582#msg343582 Visitor is done, Buzzee Gentleman is next.

Bhu
2019-09-10, 08:46 PM
I need to figure out what should og in a Gentleman's Code of Honor, particularly when they can be LG, NG or LE. Any thoughts?

Bhu
2019-10-09, 06:17 PM
how does this look?

Gentleman's Reputation (Ex): The stories that arise from your deeds are just as important to you as the deeds them- selves. A good Gemtleman hopes that her example encourages others to lead righteous lives. So long as you maintain your reputation, you gain certain bonuses. At 1st Level you get a +1 Sacred Bonus to Armor Class and Saving Throws. This increases to +2 at Level 4, and +3 at Level 7. To maintain this Bonus (and your reputation) you must obey the following:

A Gentleman knows his manners, and is never rude, crass or vulgar. Be courteous in all things, and observe proper etiquette no matter how undeserving others may be. Knowingly violating this is a minor infraction.

A Gentleman does not lie, except under the most dire circumstances. Lying to prevent an innocent being executed is acceptable. Lying to protect a party member who has broken the law is not. Knowingly violating this is a minor infraction.

A Gentleman always keeps his word. Knowingly violating this is a major infraction.

A Gentleman does not provoke fights, save for challenging an equal who has insulted or assaulted him. He is, however, allowed to defend those who cannot defend themselves. Nor can he attack an unprepared or helpless opponent. A Gentleman does not gain a bonus on attack rolls when flanking. You still confer the benefit of a flanking position to your ally, but you forgo your own +2 bonus on attack rolls. You can choose to keep the +2 bonus, but doing so is a major infraction. A Gentleman never strikes a flat-footed opponent. Instead, you allow your foe to ready himself before attacking. Knowingly violating this is a major infraction.

A Gentleman obeys legitimate authority. Knowingly violating this is a major infraction.

A Gentleman cannot knowingly associate with Evil beings. Knowingly violating this is a major infraction.

Committing a minor infraction loses her Reputation Bonus for 24 hours. Committing more than 1 minor infraction in 24 hours is a major infraction. A Gentleman who commits a major infraction loses her Reputation Bonus until she atones (see the Atonement sell description) in an appropriate manner.

A Gentleman whose Alignment changes to an inappropriate one loses their Reputation Bonus until their Alignment changes back.

Bhu
2019-11-19, 10:00 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg344338#msg344338 okay the Buzzee Gentleman is done, pending a more gender inclusive name. Sea Bee is next.

Bhu
2019-12-18, 11:09 PM
SeaBee is done but for epic levels. Up next will be the Bumble Drunkard. http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg345449#msg345449

Bhu
2020-02-26, 07:20 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg346706#msg346706

Finishing up the Drunkard now, will then be starting on the Beestroyer suggested by Fire Tarrasque.

Bhu
2020-03-18, 07:28 PM
Beestroyer is done, Bumblebeest coming up next

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg346884#msg346884

D&D_Fan
2020-03-21, 03:59 PM
Beemancy

Flaming Bees
Mordenkainen's Bees
Beeteor Strike (a bee-meteor)
Melf's Minute Bees
UnBee
Bee Beeam
Beelistic Missile
Beenado
Lesser Enlarge Bees
Greater Enlarge Bees
Beenigma
Beereak Reality
Minor Wish (of only bees)
Wish (but only for the greatness that is: BEES)
Lesser Summon Bees
Greater Summon Bees
Bee Avatar (Beelzebub, Beejezus, Barry B Benson)
Summon Weapon: BeeFG
Transmute to Bee
Transmute to Dire Bee
Enchant Bee (options include better stinging, poison honey, better antennae for detection, fire lasers.)
Beezooka
Otto's Beeresistable Dance (has no effect on bees, hence the name)

Your welcome.

+5 Vorpal Bunny
2020-03-22, 11:53 AM
Bee-Bomb: (3000 GP, 2 lbs.) At first glance, this just looks like a smokepowder bomb, albeit with yellow stripes. However, a faint buzzing (Listen DC 30) can be heard while holding it. When thrown as a grenade, it explodes in 1d4 -1 (minimum 1) rounds, and causes 2d6 piercing damage to everyone in a 30 ft. radius, than unleashes a swarm of bees. Everyone in that radius must save against +10 AB or be stung, taking 1d4 piercing damage and 1d6 constitution damage (secondary 1d6 constitution). After one round, the swarm fades.

Bhu
2020-04-27, 01:42 AM
Bee-Bomb: (3000 GP, 2 lbs.) At first glance, this just looks like a smokepowder bomb, albeit with yellow stripes. However, a faint buzzing (Listen DC 30) can be heard while holding it. When thrown as a grenade, it explodes in 1d4 -1 (minimum 1) rounds, and causes 2d6 piercing damage to everyone in a 30 ft. radius, than unleashes a swarm of bees. Everyone in that radius must save against +10 AB or be stung, taking 1d4 piercing damage and 1d6 constitution damage (secondary 1d6 constitution). After one round, the swarm fades.

That is just evil lol.

Bhu
2020-06-03, 05:53 PM
Finishing up the Bumblebeest now. Staring the Suns next
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg347961#msg347961

ShurikVch
2020-06-06, 04:35 PM

The Beeholder!

Today I found this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LtvwhjBSIYWcjjNYQjp49mQb3OGc9Et-/view)

Bhu
2020-07-21, 09:06 PM
Today I found this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LtvwhjBSIYWcjjNYQjp49mQb3OGc9Et-/view)

I'll have to remember this for when I do a 5e version!!

Suns are done. Bee-Gurl Cultists are up next.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg348691#msg348691

Bhu
2020-08-12, 05:36 PM
Cultists are done, Bee-Header is up next:

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg348887#msg348887

Edea
2020-08-13, 09:38 PM
Level 9 Enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]: "Oprah's Surprise Giveaway" - as Otto's Irresistible Dance, but affects everyone within 60 feet of a point you specify (long range), and instead of dancing they burst into hysterics, weeping with joy as they are inundated by bees.

Monarch Dodora
2020-08-18, 06:32 PM
Epic spell:

ABC - Creates a sea of bees.

Edea
2020-08-18, 07:00 PM
Oh yes, and "Bee Leaf: summons a divine focus that raises a druid's caster level for divine spellcasting; takes the form of a Tiny bee effigy made out of clover leaves."

Bhu
2020-09-15, 08:25 PM
This thread comes up with ideas quicker than i can flesh them out lol.

Bhu
2020-10-14, 06:54 PM
Bee-Header is done.

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.new#new Beenigma is next.

Bhu
2020-11-19, 07:52 PM
The last several weeks have not been good to kitty, will have stuff soon.

Bhu
2020-11-25, 09:54 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg349833#msg349833 Beenigma finally done, Drone is coming up.

Bhu
2020-12-23, 08:55 PM
Drone is done. Any prestige class requests before I move on to epic PrC's.

Bhu
2021-01-23, 09:29 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg350245#msg350245 well as there are no requests, on to The Viking Bee!

Bhu
2021-03-04, 07:36 PM
Whilst I finish the Viking Bee, I also need to start doing some Hivemind Feats. So I thought it would be time for an informal poll on what people would like to see.

Bhu
2021-03-24, 09:38 PM
Massive update!

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg276635#msg276635 Slightly revised the core class

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg282542#msg282542 added a new spell

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323448#msg323448 added Bee Feats, Hivemind Feats, Epic Feats (scroll down to see all)

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg350245#msg350245 Viking Bee is done

http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg350722#msg350722 Marnad is coming up soon.

Bhu
2021-04-20, 05:24 PM
Maenads are done, Honey Lipped is coming soon http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg350970#msg350970

Bhu
2021-05-16, 09:04 PM
The Honey Lipped is done. It's been a while since anyone posted but me, so I'm thinking of wrapping this up. I'll be going through the thread for ideas I haven't finalized yet, but unless there's anything anyone else wants this is about finished.

Bhu
2021-06-20, 04:01 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg351688#msg351688 I've added Debihumans Bumblebear to the minmax thread and am now editing in spells inspiired by several of you.

Bhu
2021-08-01, 09:09 PM
Will get some stuff soon. I've been celebrating some good news (I'm 5 years cancer free), and there was fallout from an attempted coup at work.

Debihuman
2021-08-04, 05:54 PM
Congrats on being 5 years cancer free! Yay.

Got a question, did you ever stat up the BEE-GURLS? I can't seem to find them. Never mind I found it.

Deb

Bhu
2021-08-22, 04:43 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg351688#msg351688 round 1 is up

Bhu
2021-08-29, 06:01 PM
http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=15697.msg323451#msg323451 Looks like I forgot to do the Epic Hiveminnd Feats, beginning to edit them in now.

Bhu
2021-10-10, 06:23 PM
Okay, NOW I'll be editing them in. Sorry for the delays, I've had health issues, and some fool made death threats at work, so times have been interesting.