PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Feat] Unorthodox Methodology

Xuldarinar
2015-07-13, 11:06 AM
UNORTHODOX METHODOLOGY
-Be it something passed from one generation to the next or something entirely new, you have learned to apply yourself differently from most to gain the same result.
-Benefit: Select one mental ability score used by your favored class. You instead use a different mental ability score for the purpose of all class features of that class that utilize that ability score. This may not be an ability score used by another class feature of that class.
-Special: This feat can only be selected at 1st level. If you possess more than one favored class, you may choose to either count both classes as one for the purpose of benefits and restrictions or choose to benefit only one of your favored classes.

pi4t
2015-07-13, 11:28 AM
I've played in games with a similar feat; it works quite well for high power games. I'd suggest requiring the change to be from a mental to mental, or physical to physical, or every spellcaster will just switch their spellcasting stat to constitution, which causes obvious problems.

Xuldarinar
2015-07-13, 12:00 PM
I've played in games with a similar feat; it works quite well for high power games. I'd suggest requiring the change to be from a mental to mental, or physical to physical, or every spellcaster will just switch their spellcasting stat to constitution, which causes obvious problems.

Right you are. Though I do think a Dex based caster would make for something interesting, but in any case, I've made the change.