PDA

View Full Version : Original System The Godless Realm - Fantasy Horror RPG

Skijarama
2015-07-18, 04:16 PM
(If this is the wrong board for this, please move it)

This is a game I've been plugging away at for the last month or two with the intention of eventually selling it once It's been polished up a bit and has some artwork attached to it. At present, it is currently in it's bare-bones state with just the core functionality and features in place.

The game in question being called "The Godless Realm - Fantasy Horror RPG.' It is a tabletop RPG with a feel that can be described as Bloodborne + Call of Cthulhu + Dungeons and Dragons. It is challenging, ripe with horror and set in a dark fantasy setting that's gone straight to hell. The game also features strong flexibility and customization options, a monster compendium with 50 monsters, 90 premade spells and systems for making your own monsters or spells.

I am posting the PDF here so that I may receive feedback. If you decide to play, I will ask that you take as many notes as possible about your experience with it and send it all back to me so that I may make necessary adjustments to the rulebook. If you have the capacity, record your sessions and send the recordings to me alongside your notes.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out.

LINK TO RULEBOOK. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Wj9cxsPjp6c0MwME9KM192TUE/view?usp=sharing)

Also, feel free to ask questions, if you have any. I will gladly answer.

Vorgoth
2015-08-02, 06:15 PM
{Thread necro because this looks really good.}
Ive skimmed through the pdf and it looks really good.
This deserves views by people who know more about d20/table top rpgs then just me.

How ever it is fairly interesting I recommend it!

ZenBear
2015-08-02, 08:51 PM
I approve of this necro. Great stuff! Haven't had time to read enough to comment, but it's worth reading for sure!

Skijarama
2015-08-02, 08:58 PM
This Necro pleases me. I actually seem to be getting at least a bit of traction now. :)

Vorgoth
2015-08-03, 12:48 PM
You deserve it! However could you show us the horrors stat blocks?(or their equivalent be cause I think they need to be fleshed out a little .)

Ralcos
2015-08-03, 01:12 PM
This looks amazing! Keep up the good work!

Skijarama
2015-08-03, 01:57 PM
You deserve it! However could you show us the horrors stat blocks?(or their equivalent be cause I think they need to be fleshed out a little .)

You see, there is a problem with giving the Horrors any stats; if you stat it, they will kill it. I suppose I could give them a variant stat block, though. I'll look into it.

Ralcos
2015-08-03, 02:14 PM
You see, there is a problem with giving the Horrors any stats; if you stat it, they will kill it. I suppose I could give them a variant stat block, though. I'll look into it.

Maybe instead of Hit Points, say that when you take them to 0 HP they "discorperate" and deal Sanity damage on the one that "killed" it?

Skijarama
2015-08-03, 02:27 PM
Maybe instead of Hit Points, say that when you take them to 0 HP they "discorperate" and deal Sanity damage on the one that "killed" it?

While that would be a possible thing to implement, the idea that you could feasibly eliminate a Horror, even if temporarily, goes against what they are. They are threats that you get away from asap. they are meant to be the source of fear. I'll probably have it so that they deal sanity damage just from being encountered.

Yeah, here is what I'll do with the Horrors. I'll give them attributes that mirror the largest tier 5 monsters, and I'll give each Horror a few abilities and/or spells. No HP or MP though.

Vorgoth
2015-08-03, 05:02 PM
That's what I was thinking off! No hp/mp with high tier strength

Skijarama
2015-08-03, 05:11 PM
That's what I was thinking off! No hp/mp with high tier strength

It's been added to the rulebook. But I won't be posting up the next version of the rulebook until I have a decent chunk of feedback from people play testing the game.

Vorgoth
2015-08-06, 03:01 PM
Ok maybe ill have me and some of my friends playtest it if I do ill tell you any problems I find. :)

Skijarama
2015-08-06, 03:29 PM
Alrighty. I look forward to hearing what your experience is. :)