PDA

View Full Version : Sundering Magic Items?

Tyger
2007-05-02, 10:35 AM
OK, maybe I am blind, but I can't find any rules that say that a magic sword would be treated any differently than a non-magical one for the purposes of a Sundering attempt.

Can anyone point me to the rule, if there is one?

Jasdoif
2007-05-02, 10:38 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm

Each +1 of enhancement bonus adds 2 to a weapon’s or shield’s hardness and +10 to its hit points.

That's about it for being "special". You can still sunder a magic sword, it's just tougher to damage.

Tyger
2007-05-02, 10:42 AM
Perfect! Thanks. Like I said, blind as a bat.

Granted, that's pretty low... I have a greataxe wielding minotaur who has the improved sunder feat... and an adamantine greataxe. So even a +4 weapon is still toast in a single hit, maybe two.

Youch. Here's hoping they don't sunder the good loot! :)

Tellah
2007-05-02, 10:50 AM
Do make sure that you make it up to them in subsequent treasure awards. It's pretty easy to get off track on WBL with a sundering character in the group.

Tyger
2007-05-02, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah, that's not an issue... I'll also make sure to point out the glowy bit of the sowrd, and the cool inscribed runes... maybe it won't be a problem then. :) Or maybe it will. Either way, it'll be fun.

KoDT69
2007-05-02, 12:32 PM
I like sundering stuff, mostly to see the other players reactions when I'm a player or the DM! I wonder, could you sunder a barbarian's arm bone to prevent him from weilding that huge axe?

the_tick_rules
2007-05-02, 12:40 PM
no you can't sunder people. or armor while it's being worn right? i'm waiting until my monk gets adamantine fists and improved sunder, cast true strikes on her fists and she'll chop weapons up. yeah sundering can be a total @astard. i enjoy sundering bows, they can't get an AOO even if you don't have improved sunder, plus bows are weak.

Matthew
2007-05-02, 02:12 PM
Yes, that's right. You cannot sunder people or Body Armour that is being worn. Shields are a different matter, though.