PDA

View Full Version : [Spell] They ran red down his cheeks...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-02, 10:59 AM
Bloody Weeping
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Bard 6, Cleric 7
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Area: Creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level & 1 day/level; see text
Saving Throw: Will partial; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

For 1 round/level your touch causes your opponent to experience such intense psychological stress that they literally begin to weep tears of blood and sweat it from their pores. The target is effectively nauseated, exhausted and dazzled and take 1d6 non-lethal damage per round. Upon a successful save the target still takes –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls.

For 1 day/level every time the target would encounter a stressful situation, such as anything requiring a Charisma-based check, entering combat, or taking damage, they must succeed on another save or be affected as above. Damage and penalties do not stack.

Bloody weeping dispels good hope.

If the target allows it or is rendered helpless a vial of this blood may be collected and can be used as a material component to cast spells of the Death, Mind, or Repose domain at +1 caster level.

Focus: Shred of clothing, pinch of ashes, or other remnants of a martyr.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-05-02, 11:01 AM
And another quality spell from VT.

Very nice.

geez3r
2007-05-02, 03:53 PM
Absolutely nasty, I love it. Good job.

Toric
2007-05-02, 07:54 PM
So this spell has a permanent effect beyond the initial effect, of causing the spell to be repeated when the victim's under emotional stress? Nasty nasty nasty.... for a PC to get. As for an NPC, it'd make for an awesome story for when he next meets the PC's.

Is there any way to remove the secondary effect?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-02, 07:58 PM
So this spell has a permanent effect beyond the initial effect, of causing the spell to be repeated when the victim's under emotional stress? Nasty nasty nasty.... for a PC to get. As for an NPC, it'd make for an awesome story for when he next meets the PC's.

Is there any way to remove the secondary effect?
No, no permanent effect. It can just successfull make the save... and if while within the spell's duration something happens to cause stress they have to make a whole new save or get the full effects.

Mewtarthio
2007-05-03, 10:05 PM
So, if they succeed on the initial save, they must continue succeeding on saves to avoid the effect for one round per caster level?

ZeroNumerous
2007-05-03, 11:02 PM
Just as a note: Generally, bleeding is considered lethal damage. Since, you know, you die if you do too much of it.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-05-03, 11:29 PM
*begins humming a certain Castlevania song*
Nice, VT.

Peregrine
2007-05-03, 11:43 PM
Creeeepy. But should that be "[b]counters and dispels good hope"? You've only got dispelling down, but I would think the countering would be more important... otherwise you have cheery, hope-filled people weeping blood. :smalleek:

Icewalker
2007-05-04, 02:05 AM
Wow, very scary, I love it, especially the material component. Inspired.

The time on it is a little short for that returning ability. I'd up it to 1 minute / level, or you'll be in combat with the caster of it for the duration of the spell.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-10, 08:43 AM
Just as a note: Generally, bleeding is considered lethal damage. Since, you know, you die if you do too much of it.
Well, he's not bleeding THAT much.

Creeeepy. But should that be "[b]counters and dispels good hope"? You've only got dispelling down, but I would think the countering would be more important... otherwise you have cheery, hope-filled people weeping blood.
Whoops... will adjust.

The time on it is a little short for that returning ability. I'd up it to 1 minute / level, or you'll be in combat with the caster of it for the duration of the spell.
Dunno, thats an awful long time to have those penalties and be taking damage.

martyboy74
2007-05-10, 06:38 PM
Does someone count as a martyr if they've been rezzed? Could you just have a contingent The tears: when used as a material component, do they replace that original component, or are they just another component? If they do replace it, how do they interact with expensive material components? Can you use multiple vials of the tears, and have their effects stack? Could you create a factory for the stuff? :smallbiggrin:

Erk
2007-05-10, 06:46 PM
Well, he's not bleeding THAT much.

Whoops... will adjust.

Dunno, thats an awful long time to have those penalties and be taking damage.

perhaps after the initial effect expires, a persistant effect lasts for 1 day/caster level: the spell "sleeps" but can be reawoken by stressful situations (will save negates), causing Tears of Blood to return for 1 round.

Grey Paladin
2007-05-11, 10:40 AM
I love it, sounds like a long lost 2E spell, this version is fine as it is but do you think you could come up with a permament version with less severe effects?