PDA

View Full Version : [item] of Fearlessness?

Genome
2007-05-02, 12:37 PM
I'm looking for as inexpensive of a slotted magic item that I can find that provides immunity to fear. At this moment I can't find even one item, nor spell that provides immunity to fear.

Being somewhat unfamiliar with magic item creation rules, I'm not sure how to create one without a spell to base it off of. Further, is it possible to have mitigating factors (e.g. can only wear for 8 hours at a time or so, and -4 to saves vs. fear when not wearing, or -5 to disguise checks while wearing, etc.) to reduce cost? Or would it just be better to make a legacy item to accomplish this?

Yechezkiel
2007-05-02, 12:46 PM
Paladin's Aura of Courage makes them immune to fear. That would probably be an expensive item if a DM would allow a God-granted ability into a magic item (I remember class abilities being pricey in the DMG).

If it doesn't have to be always on or for you, an item of Remove Fear x/Day would benefit a party.

Person_Man
2007-05-02, 01:40 PM
There's something in the Magic Item Compedium that does it, though I forget the name and cost.

One level of Dragonslayer from the Draconomicon will also give it to you, if you don't want to be a Paladin. There are a few other PrC that do it as well.

There are also a variety of ways to get around all Mind Affecting effects, which is a stronger immunity, since it includes Fear plus Charm, Suggestion, Dominate, etc.

Genome
2007-05-02, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the tips.
Fear might be enough for now, but how might I go about attaining immunity to those extra effects?

Mewtarthio
2007-05-02, 02:52 PM
Paladin's Aura of Courage makes them immune to fear. That would probably be an expensive item if a DM would allow a God-granted ability into a magic item (I remember class abilities being pricey in the DMG).

Guess we'd better keep the divine wands away from the UMD rogues.

Thanks for the tips.
Fear might be enough for now, but how might I go about attaining immunity to those extra effects?

Mind blank.

Amiria
2007-05-02, 02:54 PM
There is the Fearless (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Fearless,PG) regional feat from the PGtF.

If I remember the rough guidelines for feats in magic items right, it should cost about 5.000 gp since it has no other feat requirements. Hmm, mayhaps rather about 10.000 gp since it is a special feat.

Arbitrarity
2007-05-02, 03:00 PM
Item of (When affected by fear) Remove Fear? Sounds like about 6-10K, IMO, but could be as low as 2K.

Jasdoif
2007-05-02, 03:00 PM
As far as "standard" items, Third Eyes: Conceal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/universalItems.htm#conceal) comes in at 120,000gp for immunity to mind-affecting effects, as well as most divination effects.