PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Patron of Patrons-Michael

JNAProductions
2015-07-20, 03:16 PM
Expanded Spell List-Instead of a set spell list, A patron of the Patron of Patrons may select any two patron spell lists to use.

Overwhelming Presence-The Patron of Patrons has the presence of all other patrons, great and small. By tapping into it, you can project an aura of awe.

At first level, as an action, you can project a 10' aura. All creatures in the aura must make a Wisdom saving throw against your Warlock Spell DC or be frightened or knocked prone (as they fall to their knees in awe) until the end of your next turn.

You can use this ability once every short or long rest.

Servant of Many-At sixth level, you may call on your patron to be as many as he is. As a reaction upon being attacked, you can create a duplicate. This duplicate has all your stats except it has 1 HP per Warlock level. It takes no actions except to stay in the same space as you.

When you are attacked, any single target attack has a 50% chance to miss and hit your duplicate instead.

A Little Of This, A Little Of That...-Your patron draws his own defenses from many places. At level 10, pick any 6 damage types and gain DR/3 against them. You can change this during any rest.

Cease To Be-At 14th level, you may cause a creature to cease to exist as an action, forcing it to disintegrate and spread throughout your patrons many realms. This action has a range of 5' and requires a Constitution saving throw against your Warlock Spell DC. On a failure, it takes 8d20 Force damage, and half damage on a success. If it is slain by this ability, it's turned to ash and scattered to thousands of dimensions.

This is my attempt (it's not the best) at making a Warlock Patron for Michael7123, who has himself made many Warlock patrons. (Hence, Patron of Patrons.)

So, any advice? Critiques? Stuff I can do better?

Michael7123
2015-07-20, 03:54 PM
Expanded Spell List-Instead of a set spell list, A patron of the Patron of Patrons may select any two patron spell lists to use.

Overwhelming Presence-The Patron of Patrons has the presence of all other patrons, great and small. By tapping into it, you can project an aura of awe.

At first level, as an action, you can project a 10' aura. All creatures in the aura must make a Wisdom saving throw against your Warlock Spell DC or be frightened or knocked prone (as they fall to their knees in awe) until the end of your next turn.

Servant of Many-At sixth level, you may call on your patron to be as many as he is. As a reaction upon being attacked, you can create a duplicate. This duplicate has all your stats except it has 1 HP per Warlock level. It takes no actions except to stay in the same space as you.

When you are attacked, any single target attack has a 50% chance to miss and hit your duplicate instead.

A Little Of This, A Little Of That...-Your patron draws his own defenses from many places. At level 10, pick any 6 damage types and gain DR/3 against them. You can change this during any rest.

Cease To Be-At 14th level, you may cause a creature to cease to exist as an action, forcing it to disintegrate and spread throughout your patrons many realms. This action has a range of 5' and requires a Constitution saving throw against your Warlock Spell DC. On a failure, it takes 8d20 Force damage, and half damage on a success. If it is slain by this ability, it's turned to ash and scattered to thousands of dimensions.

This is my attempt (it's not the best) at making a Warlock Patron for Michael7123, who has himself made many Warlock patrons. (Hence, Patron of Patrons.)

So, any advice? Critiques? Stuff I can do better?

I have to play this at sometime. I put a link to this in my warlock subclasses megathread (giving you credit, of course).

As for the abilities.... they seem pretty good. I would like the first ability to last longer than 1 round.

JNAProductions
2015-07-20, 03:55 PM
So would I, but it's an almost direct copy of the Archfey ability, which lasts only one round. The only difference is that instead of Charmed or Frightened, it's Prone or Frightened.

Also, thanks for sticking it in your megathread!