PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Some Kingmaker Options for Mythos Classes

Xefas
2015-07-20, 07:13 PM
This is a highly, highly specialized audience, but here are some Mythos and Excellencies I've cooked up for characters using the Mythos subsystem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?364949-Mythos-Homebrew-Discussion-II-Where-Simplicity-Goes-to-Die) that are also playing the Pathfinder Adventure Path, Kingmaker (http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/kingmaker), despite the fact that the Mythos subsystem is built for 3.5, and not Pathfinder. So yeah. I didn't write them to get people to read my awesome campaign journal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?287681-3-5-Campaign-Journal-The-Monster-Plays-Kingmaker) which may or may be coming back to life soon, and I certainly did not write them because EdroGrimshell is doing the same thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?429048-Mythic-Kingmaker-3-P-Solo-Duo&p=19558703) and needs a DM and I might be able to call attention to that and send a DM that way. I certainly did not do it for those reasons, save for the fact that those are primarily the reasons that I did.

Jagannatha Exceptional Mythos

A Cage For Unclean Spirits
Prerequisite: -

While you are the Ruler of a kingdom, you may abolish any current state religion and declare your domain's apostasy. This causes 1 Unrest immediately, and there is a transitional period during which 1 Unrest is produced at the end of every turn.

The duration of this transitional period is based on how high your Promotion Edict is, to spread propaganda and sway the hearts of your people. Every turn, your kingdom becomes 10% more apostate if you have a Token level of Promotions, 20% more with a Standard level, 30% more with an Aggressive level, and 40% more with an Expansionist level.

Once your kingdom is 100% apostate (a misleading number, as there will always be outlying worshipers of various deities lurking about in secret, especially in rural areas), bigotry towards any remaining religious figures becomes so rampant that all shrines, temples, and cathedrals in the kingdom are swiftly subjected to gratuitous vandalism, and finally outright destruction, before the following turn begins. The High Priest role is abolished, and instead the Ruler applies their Charisma modifier as a bonus to Stability in a similar manner to the High Priest, above and beyond any bonuses they already apply for being the Ruler. The recurring Unrest ceases, and the kingdom's current Unrest is reduced by your Charisma modifier.

Afterward, your kingdom benefits from an increase in prosperity that neighboring powers might find unsettling. The first Brothel, Brewery, and Theatre constructed in a particular city district grant an additional +1 Economy over their normal benefits. Furthermore, once your Capital City has at least one of each of these constructions, the Taxation Edict no longer produces a Loyalty penalty at any level; citizens are all too happy to send the tithes they had once apportioned to their gods to their new secular savior.

The Control DC for annexing a pre-existing town increases by 10 for an apostate kingdom attempting to annex a normal town without causing Unrest.

Apostate kingdoms do not naturally produce divine magical items in their magic item slots. If a divine magical item is randomly determined to be produced, roll again until an arcane item is chosen.

Advanced
A Quart of Wheat for a Denarius but Do Not Damage the Oil and Wine: Parks, Granaries, and Herbalists no longer provide a +1 bonus to Loyalty. The Economy bonus granted to the first Brothel, Brewery, and Theatre per city district is also afforded to the second of each such building in a district while you rule an apostate kingdom.

Dance Until The World Ends: The Loyalty Bonus granted by your Festival Edicts is doubled while you rule an apostate kingdom.

The Mark of Humanity's Number: While 75% or more of the population of your Capital City bears your Nuclear Heretic's Brand (see the Mythos of the same name), and you've instated some manner of laws allowing your constabulary to unduly harass any who do not bear such a mark, and merchants to lawfully withhold goods and services from these individuals at their discretion, your kingdom gains a +4 bonus to its Stability.

Anakitos Exceptional Mythos

Born To Wear A Crown
Prerequisite: One [Conviction] Mythos

While you are the Ruler of a kingdom, the general alignment of your kingdom naturally sways toward the alignment that matches the tenets of your Conviction (if the tenets of your Conviction are not drawn from the perspective of a particular alignment, it just sways towards your current alignment). Every six months, the kingdom shifts one step towards this alignment.

While you Rule a kingdom whose alignment matches the tenets of your Conviction, the bonuses to Economy, Loyalty, and Stability afforded by the kingdom's alignment are doubled, and regardless of the size of your kingdom, you provide your Charisma modifier to all three of Economy, Loyalty, and Stability, as if you were a king, even if you are actually the equivalent of a baron or duke.

When your kingdom builds a Shrine, Temple, or Cathedral while you are its Ruler, you may spend an additional Build Point in its construction to ensure that it is staffed primarily by corrupt clergy that will direct a portion of the prayers within to you. For every so corrupted Shrine, Temple, or Cathedral in your Capital City, you gain the Toughness feat (to a maximum number of instances equal to your class level), as your divine flesh is glutted on the hopes and dreams of your subjects. If you ever stop being the Ruler, or do not manage to spend the week of administration per month required to avoid a vacancy penalty, you lose these bonus Toughness feats until such time as you regain your rightful throne.

While you fulfill a Leadership Role in a Kingdom, but are not its Ruler, you gain a +2 morale bonus on attack roles against your Ruler, and gain a narrowly functional version of the Sneak Attack class feature, dealing an additional 1d6 precision damage against your own Ruler while flanking them or if you catch them while the Ruler is not allowed their Dexterity bonus to their Armor Class.

Bellator Excellencies (2)

A General Equal To Heaven

You may substitute your Intelligence modifier in place of the normal ability score modifier used to calculate the benefits you would provide in the General, Marshal, or Warden Leadership Roles.

Furthermore, if your Intelligence score is at least 16, you may occupy two of the above three roles simultaneously, still requiring only a single week of administration per month to properly utilize them. If your Intelligence score is at least 18, you may occupy all three roles instead.

A Warrior Of The People

You may substitute your Intelligence modifier in place of your Wisdom or Charisma modifier when calculating the benefit you provide in the Councilor Leadership Role.

While fulfilling the role of Councilor, you may choose to be a bulwark for your ruler against the petty squabbles and entitled simpering of noblemen, suffering no fools, and never quite managing to hold your tongue when you ought to. After you choose to be this sort of adviser, the starting attitude towards you for all adult characters of noble birth in your kingdom is Unfriendly (if it was not already worse), unless a relationship had already been established earlier in the game. Any time the roll for a Kingdom Event denotes an Assassination Attempt, you are always the target. If a Feud or a Public Scandal is rolled as a Kingdom Event, ignore it, and instead treat it as an Assassination Attempt. The nobles are far too busy plotting your gruesome death to get your kingdom into any real trouble.

Teramach Excellency

Beast Of Ten Horns And Ten Crowns
Prerequisite: The 'Wordless Terror Demonstration' Excellency

The Monster has never ruled anything, but many have followed it in its time, foolishly fascinated by its strength and power. Some might believe that to ally with the beast would mean their relative safety, but in truth only a lack of notice begets safety from the Monster. Compliance or rebellion means nothing to it. And yet such mistaken beliefs still occur.

While you fulfill a Leadership Role, you may always use your Strength modifier for determining the benefit you provide in that role, regardless of which role it is.

Because of the fluctuating nature of a Teramach's Strength score, use their Strength at its lowest point during the week of necessary administration for fulfilling a Leadership Role for the current month.

EdroGrimshell
2015-07-20, 09:28 PM
I have to say thank you for this, I'm not entirely familiar with the rules for Kingmaker but I'm glad to see some support for it with Mythos classes!

EdroGrimshell
2015-07-26, 12:03 AM
Sorry to double post, but I felt it a good place to ask if you have any ideas on how an Olethrofex would work here? I decided to go with it instead of Jagannatha and found it could be quite an interesting take.

One example is None Trespass the Black Gate and Night of the Living Dead. With the first, you can preserve the bodies of the dead so the families can remember and pay proper respect, as well as offering solace in knowing they cannot be raised as undead to harm the city. The second, however, can be used to give those that want to continue serving the city, even should they be dying, by allowing them to be turned into ghouls that can teach the next generation and protect the city. And when the ghouls finally choose to pass on, they can be "cleansed" and preserved so that the respects can be paid to them as they would have if they were simply allowed to pass on normally. Assuming that the second is completely voluntary in nature, I think that it could very possibly be a positive effect on the city.

Regardless, this seems like it'd be a good basis for a rather interesting take on a Olethrofex Kingmaker Character.

On a related note, the Olethrofex makes for surprisingly good Priests and Rulers.

Draken
2015-07-26, 12:25 AM
Sorry to double post, but I felt it a good place to ask if you have any ideas on how an Olethrofex would work here? I decided to go with it instead of Jagannatha and found it could be quite an interesting take.

One example is None Trespass the Black Gate and Night of the Living Dead. With the first, you can preserve the bodies of the dead so the families can remember and pay proper respect, as well as offering solace in knowing they cannot be raised as undead to harm the city. The second, however, can be used to give those that want to continue serving the city, even should they be dying, by allowing them to be turned into ghouls that can teach the next generation and protect the city. And when the ghouls finally choose to pass on, they can be "cleansed" and preserved so that the respects can be paid to them as they would have if they were simply allowed to pass on normally. Assuming that the second is completely voluntary in nature, I think that it could very possibly be a positive effect on the city.

Regardless, this seems like it'd be a good basis for a rather interesting take on a Olethrofex Kingmaker Character.

On a related note, the Olethrofex makes for surprisingly good Priests and Rulers.

Talking mechanics, not themes, for the record.

The None Trespass the Black Gate route would boost Stability, I think. Night of the Living Dead path would be for Economy. Both could also dabble into Loyalty boosting or unrest neutralization. I don't know much (anything) about the Kingmaker system, so I can only throw around inferences from Xefas' diary.

I would probably go with a Mythos along the lines of the Jagannatha's for the undead route (steadily turn your realm into majorly undead) and along the lines of the Anakitos' for the funereal route.

Quarian Rex
2015-07-28, 01:44 AM
Any chance of you making a version of A Cage For Unclean Spirits for the Mythic Human? Thematically it's a perfect fit, maybe even better than for the Jagannatha. Perhaps making it available for both?

The only modification that would be needed would be having The Mark of Humanity's Number favour those with the Human subtype instead of bearers of Nuclear Heretic's Brand.