PDA

View Full Version : K.N.A.V.E.S. Headquarters III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 07:01 PM
At the mention of killing him Sunn waves at him very cheerfully, a malicious smile on her face.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 07:05 PM
Affadavit shakes his head. "I can't leave, this place lets me do research in areas of science that many would frown upon. I don't care about good and evil, I doubt they even exist, but I do want to expand my knowledge in all areas." The threat doesn't really scare him, he is currently in two bodies for starters. But at the same time the threat seems to make him feel very depressed. "Perhaps I should be killed." His right eye sparks a few times.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 07:08 PM
You could always work for the police- I'm sure they need weapons, too Sunn's empathic nature picks up on Random's depression, and despite the fact she hated him when he walked into the room, she is trying to cheer him up.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 07:09 PM
"I'm merely stating the facts. Betray me like that ever again and I will make sure you pay for it that time," Tabitha says, her voice sounding years older than she usually permits it to.

She looks at him momentarily, head tilted, "But I am glad that you are willing to help me now. I still don't hate you, you know." An awkward chuckle echoes through the room.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 07:16 PM
Affadavit glances at Sunn. "I can do more work here, and if the police ever do require weapons...well...I can make some at my laboratory for a price."

He then turns to Tabitha. "The me in my laboratory is laughing at your threat...Besides, I did pay for betraying you, if in a rather unexpected way." His thoughts turn back to the strange red patch of light. "Perhaps I am still paying for it." He is in a very gloomy and depressed mood at the moment. "Of course, I'll make sure the Jury remains deactivated throughout the...what do you intend to do anyway?" He leans on his walking stick, right eye still sparking slightly.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 07:17 PM
Sunn frowns at Random. Is the you in the lab laughing at the threat of Aesa and I? Because if so, I didn't know you were stupid, Random.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 07:24 PM
Tabitha looks at him, noticing the tone somewhat sadly. She doesn't understand the bit about the "me in the laboratory" but she does understand what she feels is a proper sort of action.

Random will no doubt find himself surprised by a small girl attempting to latch herself to him in a hug. "I'll still help you. You jerk." However, the tone of that is just as friendly as her hug-attempt.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 07:31 PM
Affadavit completely ignores Tabitha and looks at Sunn, his right eye still sparking. "Sunn, when I split my mind in two some parts of me were not fairly distributed. This part of me has a stronger thirst for knowledge, the part of me in the laboratory is more arrogant, and evil." This leads his thoughts back to the red patch of light again. His voice takes a very sad tone, with a sense of inevitability. "Some things were not meant for mortals...Aesa may have removed its effects, but not the memories. I have tasted power at a terrible price. Now I find myself with another problem, one that is most likely to do with those memories. I have nightmares about the future and what I see is beyond mere words. I can't let my past be wiped, so now I must live with those memories, and the memories of my home world and hope nothing becomes of them." He shivers slightly and stares straight ahead, his mind working flat out to solve this problem. He sighs, unable to find a solution to a problem he does not understand and stares at a wall, completely unaware of everything around him.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 07:34 PM
Tabitha feels rather rejected, but remembers how no one must have loved him as a child. Or at least, that's what she tells herself sarcastically as she de-hugs Random.

Anyway, she decides to offer a potential solution to this problem. "You might see someone who can repair minds... I know someone who can repair souls actually..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 07:35 PM
What I have seen is beyond mere words, Random. What I have done is beyond mere words. You should have given the sword to me. But as it is, I will help you. You are still an arrogant prick, but you still deserve help. Sunn bows before him, as a method of showing that she will indeed be aiding him.

Alastor continues to look for his master, who he knows still exist; he can feel State's will pressing on him all the time.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 07:41 PM
Affadavit snaps out of it and looks around. "My mind is not damaged, just working more efficiently than ever before. The sword could still be useful as it happens, if only I could harness its power without its effects." His mind wanders again, he seems unable to concentrate on any one thing for a long period of time. "No, what am I thinking? I've got rid of that sword and hope I never see it again. I don't need it." He taps his walking stick on the floor a few times. "Obviously you still don't trust me, I can't blame you. You're deliberately trying to avoid telling me what you have planned." His right eye stops sparking, he wipes it quickly and looks around to make sure its still working.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 07:42 PM
((Sorry, Shadow of the Sun, but State is still deadtimed in hell until Warpfire 777 shows up.))

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 07:44 PM
At this point Maph'tey suddenly pops back out of dead time. Since simply going nuts and smashing stuff before anyone notices that he's moving again wouldn't be very nice he instead glances around, noting that all the solars are gone.

He honestly can't figure out how people seem to have such an easy time slaying them. Apparently they have cold iron/evil teeth.

Or something.

Pah. Who pays attention to regeneration anyway?

The rather large creature then considers how best to go about stomping through the walls again.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 07:46 PM
"It's really Aesa and Sunn's grand plan. I just get to use my weapon on some particularly despicable people that work here," she says, grinning with a malicious light. Righteous fury knows no bounds, it would seem.

She walks over to her work table, caressing the weapon delicately before turning her face to look back at him. "Why do you think I threatened you? Because I intend to let you in on it."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 07:46 PM
And now that Maph'tey has become functional again, Alastor can sense him, and his intent for vengeance. Feeling that Maph'tey Shall be a worthy foe, he jumps one of his inhuman jumps and lands before Maph'tey, in a modified lancer's dueling stance.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 07:49 PM
Affadavit glances over at the weapon. "Indeed, perhaps that is the worst part of what KNAVES did, what I did. Trying to force you to make weapons for them...Why?"

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 07:56 PM
Maph'tey probably wrinkles his nose at incarnate of vengeance. It's hard to tell with his blurred, indistinct shape. The reason for the afore mentioned nose wrinkling is the fact that Alastor is permeated with an almost overpower stench of divinity.

The monster concludes that it's his duty to inform him of that.

"You smell like you rolled around on a dead greater god," comes the beast's resonant, rumbling voice. "I'm guessing you're here to stop me?"

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 07:57 PM
Aesa looks up and glances around, wondering what exactly went on after the power went out. :smallannoyed:

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 07:58 PM
Alastor, not breaking pose, replies with a simple: I have too. In holding with his position as the incarnate of vengeance, he won't attack first- vengeance is always reactive, after all.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 07:59 PM
Deep in the foundations of the castle, a door from the sewers into the building creaks open.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 08:01 PM
((That door leads into the Scar...you may find something odd.))

As the door creaks open, the pleasant-looking Arrives is seen.

"Hello, there. I was just about to use that,"

He beams.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 08:03 PM
Four long snouts, followed by four cloaked wererats wielding rather heavily and nastily poisoned rapiers come into the room

Were you now.

The four spread out, then lunge.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 08:04 PM
"Because that is the only way Arram could pay them, more than likely" Tabitha says knowledgeably. "He'd rather just pay them and leave, no doubt, but having stacks of diamonds, free labour, and a self-repairing castle makes that a bit less tempting, now, doesn't it?"

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 08:05 PM
((Look! A distraction!))

"You go right ahead and do that," Maph'tey replies. Due to the fact that his body is currently held about twenty feet off the ground he simply walks over Alastor and smashes one of his foreclaws through the courtyard cover where the giant cannon is. Apparently he intends to rip it out of the ground.

This will probably get the infernal's attention.

Probably makes the whole castle rumble, too.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 08:07 PM
The figure twitches, and doesn't seem to do a thing as they carve into him. His expression of pain is evident, even though he doesn't appear hurt in the classic sense.

"Ow! What's the matter with you?"

A drop of blood hits the ground near the wererats. And another. And another. They appear to be falling from the cieling.

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 08:08 PM
As Maph'tey comes back to real time, many things happen at once. The first is the three infernals that where surrounding him start to attack, with both spells and melee. The second is that the smaller turrets begin to shoot at Maph'tey. Skeletons and shadow soldiers begin firing upon him. Czar growls orders left and right, organizing the attack.

As Maph'tey moves the attackers move with him.

((Just so I'm clear, Maph'tey can't use melee attacks and be incorporeal to dodge the bullets at the same time can he?))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 08:09 PM
To put things into perspective, Maph'tey just walked over the very same person that made an army of solars back down. This is in general not a good idea, especially when that person is preparing one of his unique jumps. As Alastor catapults himself into the air, he positions himself over Maph'tey, his lance that is in fact an extension of himself pointed downwards, ready to strike. Although this probably won't kill Maph'tey, it will most certainly get his attention. Alastor starts his descent...

AmberVael
The three infernals turn to look at Maph'tey, and decide he is quite apparently a threat.
Therefore, they simultaneously summon blazing spheres of writhing, composite elemental energies and fling them at the officer.

((Keep in mind that this is their most powerful attack, so if anything they do will hurt Maph'tey, this will.
They only get it once in a while though.

And while I'm here, I'd like control of them, Geo. :smallwink: ))

Fenric
The assassins, being flighty as assassins tend to be when people don't flop over dead the way they are supposed to, attempt to retreat.

Gnrlshrimp
((I refuse to let the cannon be destroyed!))

The cannon seems to have disappeared, all that lies below the cover is a large pit with a metal platform at its base, even the four Jury members have disappeared.

Affadavit has spent a lot of time in the research area recentl and has never actually met Arram, or even seen him. "Arram?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 08:11 PM
Sunn, whose player hasn't really had much experience co-ordinating two characters in the same thread, pops in a question. In the torture cell, you mentioned a Diederick. I'm more interested in him than Arram. Any information on who he is?

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 08:12 PM
Czar reaches towards Maph'tey, causing is shadow to race from his side for an attack that would kill a large giant. As the shadow moves through the air it looks less and less like a dark crocodillian and more like an incredibly powerful shadow bolt.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 08:14 PM
"A soldier from my home country. Fulfilling direct orders from our "king."" She glares at nowhere in particular, "Just because he thinks he won the war doesn't mean that he can rule us. They are regretting their decision to surrender now, no doubt..."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 08:16 PM
Arrives doesn't move to stop them, but looks up to the ceiling, dizzy. He smiles happily.

"Hello...Hello."

The Scar is empty of any life, save Arrives.

Writ in the ceiling, in the corpses of prisoner and guard alike suspended by nails, is one grand message.

"YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO REVENGE ON NAMESAKE. HE WAS MINE. FOR THIS YOU SHALL DIE AS MANY TIMES AS I CAN KILL YOU."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 08:17 PM
((Oh god. If that is who I think it is, you know I hate you, don't you, Necro?))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 08:18 PM
Affadavit nods politely. "Sounds like your home country is in a bit of a mess." Then he considers what he did to his home planet. "Although compared to mine..." He groans, unables to stop bringing up depressing thoughts. The red patch of light floats to the front of his mind again. "And my mind seems to be in a permanent mess these days." He spins his walking stick and taps his foot again.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 08:19 PM
The last of the four pauses and looks up, puzzled

Who had no right? And who is Namesake?

He feels the dark pronouncement of the Secretary of Assassins, and grips his weapon

A pox on marks who won't die!

He hurls a flame-burst shuriken at Arrives

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 08:20 PM
((What reason would anyone have for wanting to kill Arrives?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 08:21 PM
"I still say if you'd just let someone try to help you, there might be something we could do." A kindness is exuded from her voice.

Fenric
(( The assassin's guild is irritated that anyone else would try to control the town through lawful fear and killings: that's their job.

They want to kill all the KNAVES, not just Arrives.

*sigh* I'm just not as good at playing them as Renrik is: that's his specialty. ))

NecroPaladin
The shuriken strikes him square in the covered eye, burning the patch off. He wears a blue glass eye that doesn't match his green one, and it appears bloody-as though it were forced in, not placed in to fill a vacant space.

As his hair and clothes catch fire, he pulls a handful of nails, four in each hand, out of a bag at his waist. They grow into massive, claw-like appendages. He begins to laugh, all the while saying,

"Hello...hello..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 08:23 PM
((Yes, indeed, I do hate you.))

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 08:23 PM
((Then that means-
-And you?
-Which means that I-
Oh my God!))

Fenric
2007-05-12, 08:24 PM
The rat scowls and shakes his head, attempting to kick the door shut

Figures we'd run into a demon straight off.

He yanks a flask of holy water from his pouch

Let's play.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 08:25 PM
((In mechanical terms Maph'tey's entire body is under a ghost-touch sort of effect. Parts of him are solid when it's convenient. He can smash stuff and be incorporeal at the same time.))

The shells from the diamond cannons and rifles, unless they started being magical weapons at some point, whiz through the specter as impotently as the giant one had.

In the same vein, the hell balls are lapped up by the silvery nimbus throbbing around him. Apparently the elemental attacks work about as well as they did the last time some of Aesa's summoned Infernals tried to toast him with the things. They probably would have done well to confer with their fellow lords of the lower planes regarding probable opponents in the Town.

At this point Maph'tey glances up at Alastor and decides to do something mean. Just as the lancer reaches the apex of his ascent a plane of shimmering, glassy material pops into existence just below his feet. Irritatingly enough, it extends for about eight hundred feet in every direction.

Then he notes that the cannon is gone.

"So much for Plan A"

Then the shadow bolt blasts him right in the breast. Fortunately for Maph'tey he isn't a large giant. The projectile appears to have punched a hole though the slightly more solid looking glassy haze that's drifting around him.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 08:26 PM
Affadavit shakes his head again. "My mind is fine, its always a mess." He shivers slightly and thinks about the red patch of light again. "I just feel...a little funny today." He thinks back to earlier in the conversation and looks at Tabitha's weapon. "So you intend to use that on some of the KNAVES members? Well, what does it do?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 08:26 PM
A sudden sense propels Sunn's mind into direct pain. She begins screaming incoherently, having sensed something really bad just happened.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 08:29 PM
"Don't attack that which you don't understand, mortal. I am no knave."

The flames die down, leaving Arrives without hair or a shirt. Nails bristle along his back, hammered in as though to hold something there.

"But it halts me not from slaying you."

He laughs, and his mouth unhinges and distends, suddenly, he coughs up a gout of acrid, almost metallic blood. It appears to sharpen in the air, forming yet more nails, as it gushes at the rat.

"hEehEEHEehAhahA!"

((Aw crap, emergency deadtime in 10 minutes or so. Mom called. Really adamant on going out to dinner for mother's day, despite that not being today.))

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 08:30 PM
The shadow projectile reforms into a Czar like shape, which finding itself behind the haze, begins to attack Maph'tey. ((Remember that this should hit even if he is incorporeal... Why? Because its Shadow Damage.))

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 08:32 PM
Aesa suddenly snaps her head up and teleports next to Sunn, though she has little idea of what is going on.

The three infernals try less elemental based attacks- two of them try and lash out at him with unholy magics while the third attempts to bind Maph'tey in place with a Holding spell.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 08:34 PM
Alastor happens to notice this little obstacle in his path, but doesn't particularly care. So he simply defuses himself into the force from which he sprang, and recreates his corporeal form above Maph'tey. Because his lance is part of him, it would be reasonable to assume that it will affect incorporeal creatures.

Sunn, who calms down a bit, whispers and urgent sentence, in a voice that seems to hold no argument. You need to leave. Now! It isn't safe here.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 08:36 PM
Me? Why?
Aesa raises an eyebrow, obviously confused.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 08:36 PM
((SCHNAP. He's back. And I'm pleased. Although, why Sunn is so adversely affected eludes me.))

"Sunn?!"

Tabitha runs over to her, unsure of what to do at this particular moment. She waits anxiously.

"Sunn, what's going on?"

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 08:38 PM
((Who? Who is back???))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 08:40 PM
Affadavit looks across at Sunn, a little worried but unable to see how he can help. He decides to wait and think about other things for a while. Namely that strange red patch of light. He pulls out a small screen, like a miniature television from his pocket and turns it on. Sure enough, the red patch is still there. Affadavit stares at it. "What is that thing? Why is it there?" His voice lowers to a whisper. "What is happening to my mind?" He quickly turns it off and walks over to Sunn, the worried look returning to his face.

Shadow of the Sun
((Well, lemme see. Sunn has lived for an eternity, and has learned to sense things others cannot. Sort of the calm before the storm, if you will.))

Breathing deeply, Sunn replies to Tabitha: Something is wrong. It is too ominous. A presence is here. I feel it is no longer safe here for anyone but Aesa and I. Still twitching, she stands. You need to leave.

Fenric
The assassin's eyes go wide: dying in pursuit of a mark was one thing. Dying in fighting a bystander was a curse forever.

If you are no KNAVE, then I'd rather leave.

He shifts to rat form and attempts to dart out under the shut door.

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 08:43 PM
((I'm mean with all the nails I'd think Revenant, but Revenant can't be Arrives... Its just too crazy.))

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 08:51 PM
(It should be pointed out here that Maph'tey's incorporeality is due to the fact that his 'physical' form exists in an intermediate state between wave and particle, not because he's on the ethereal plane. Normal means of beating up ghosts won't necessarily work on him.))

The second shadow bolt goes careening straight through Maph'tey and does a bang up job of blasting an innocent crow out of the sky. Apparently Maph'tey miss chance is a result of both incorporeality as well as concealment from the hazy aura around him.

The binding spell doesn't work so well. And by not so well I mean not at all. The corrupt power of the lower realms does, however, appear to harm him. As per normal, it's hard to tell exactly what the result was due to the fact that he isn't readily visible.

Maph'tey decides to deal with the ... devils or demons. Not really sure which kind these Infernals happen to be. Who knows, they might be daemons. The way in which he does this involves the use of his breath weapon, which as before floods the general vicinity of the prospective targets with a flood of mirror sheened particles. It should be pointed out at this point that abominations are immune to transmutation effects, such as petrifaction. Maph'tey's breath weapon is based on Crystallize which is equivalent to a conjuration [creation] effect. So there in is the possibility that it may very well freeze the time flowing through them as it normally does to pretty much everything else.

The beast is too busy hosing the Infernals down to notice Alastor until the deity buries his lance in his back. For some inexplicable reason most of the force is deflected away from the point of impact, though the lance still sinks in with a nasty *schlunk* sound. This solicits a spray of mercury-like inchor from the wound, which has an unpleasant crystallizing effect upon whatever it happens to contact.

Maph'tey glares at the lance wielding being.

"Do you mind? I'm busy here."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 08:56 PM
A large amount of the mercury-like ichor splashes on to Alastor. The time flowing through him tries to crystallize, but for some strange reason does not. I'm attempting to fight you honourably. Your complaint is with State, not me. He's the reason I'm fighting you. An unexpectedly pleasant voice for such a being.

The Geomancer
Czar growls and calls his ineffective shadow back to him. When you think about it, the castle heals itself, most of the people he hurts or kills can return, and everyone else can get out of the way. One giant being is not an invasion force. Czar suddenly sees Maph'tey as much less of an immediate threat.

AmberVael
Unforunately, it should also be pointed out that the Infernals are immune to "other form altering attacks," which covers things that have similar effects but aren't actually transmutation.
However, one of them gets slightly frozen, another dodges, and the third blocks himself with a wing, which consequently gets mostly frozen.
Seeing the success of the unholy power, they begin weaving it as one, summoning it to attack Maph'tey again.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 09:00 PM
Affadavit would start pacing around Tabitha's workshop but he knows better than to disturb someone's work. "This whole place seems to be falling apart, the Jury is telling me that a giant...thing is attacking the base, State is dead again. How much longer can this place last for?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 09:02 PM
"If I can't take it neither can several people here!" she says, throwing out her arms emphatically. "What about Random and Malleo?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 09:05 PM
Affadavit stops this latest trail of thought at the mention of his name. "Hmm? Sorry, what was that?"

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 09:05 PM
Czar's thoughts mirror Random's as he dejectedly watches Maph'tey and the KNAVE soldiers fight down below. Do the hopes and dreams of law abiding citizens die here?

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 09:08 PM
"You call stabbing someone in the back while they're being attacked by several dozen other people honorable?" the monster replies incredulously. He then snaps his head around in a blur of silver.

Well... more of a blur than normal, anyway.

And attempts to snatch up the deity in his jaws while the lance is still stuck in him. Rebonack suggests that Alastor avoid getting caught unless he doesn't mind ceasing to have ever existed.

Should the Infernals blast Maph'tey with the same spells they had before they will discover what the 'reactive' part of 'reactive spell immunity' refers to. Otherwise he gets scalded with tainted power again. Apparently this thing can take a pretty substantial amount of punishment.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 09:11 PM
A rope with a hook on the end flips up to the top of the outer wall, away from Maph'tey and the infernals.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately, their player has no idea what "reactive" spell immunity is, and can't find it in a search, or in Maph'tey's character description, so they simply fail to get effected.
He assumes it is something like spellturning, which means they'd simply fail to get affected anyways.

One attempts to use an unholy word to stun and possibly injure Maph'tey, the other uses a fear effect, and the last scribes a Symbol of Death to slay him on the spot.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 09:18 PM
The three assassins with a definitive extistential state climb the rops and slip into the compound. They attempt to stab the solado guards with their poisoned weapons and slip into the castle.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 09:19 PM
((Technically Alastor cannot 'cease.' He isn't a deity, he is the personification of an abstract force. You'd have to erase the feeling of vengeance to erase him. He'd probably lose corporeality for a while, though. But I digress.))

Alastor jumps out of the way of Maph'tey's jaws, his lance fading into black wisps which reform as the lance in his hand. He lands on the ground, gracefully as usual, and speaks to those behind him. I want a one on one duel with this being. Back off. Now.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 09:22 PM
Amongst the soldados guards are four Jury members. Their six foot tall metal bodies are highly resistant to stabbing. They turn to face the assassins and draw their swords.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 09:23 PM
"Sunn says that I need to leave because something very dangerous is here," Tabitha explains to Random, "I told her that there are others that should leave if it is that bad. You and Malleo to be precise."

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 09:24 PM
The Statesmen and shadow soldiers have orders, and promptly ignore Alastor.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 09:25 PM
I was talking to both you and Random, actually. Malleo may be a difficult case, and I loathe to say it, but we need to save who we can, not who we want. Sunn is still slightly twitching, but looks determined.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 09:27 PM
Affadavit nods. "So I should leave? What is going on out there that worries you so much?"

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 09:31 PM
Rebonack had thought the name would be self explanatory, but figures he may as well mention that's it's a custom epic spell based on Spell Immunity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellImmunity.htm) surprisingly enough. Basically, if Maph'tey gets nailed with a spell that allows resistance twice in a battle then the second shot won't do anything. After reacting to six different spells it will cease to grant new immunities.

The monster's jaws clamp shut just as the lancer leaps out of range. Maph'tey then proceeds to reel as the Blasphemy spell takes effect. This, of course, adds said spell to the list of spells that aren't going to be working on him.

Fortunately for Maph'tey he has far more than one hundred and fifty hit points at the moment. Also fortunately for him is the fact that he manages to shrug off the fear effect.

He would probably do something nasty to the Infernals at this point, but he's too busy being stunned.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 09:32 PM
Sunn turns to Random and says in a tone that makes it quite clear that leaving will drastically increase your lifespan: I'm not sure, I think someone is here. Imagine the feeling like you are being watched, or that something bad is going to happen amplified so much it hurts. That is what it is like. She is rather urgent.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 09:36 PM
Affadavit tilts leans on his walking stick. "The feeling that something bad is going to happen? I don't believe you. Besides, theoretically the second this body is destroyed my minds will reform into one in my true body. This part of my mind has nothing to fear...If I'm right." He smiles at Sunn as his thoughts lead him back to the red patch of light yet again, he just can't seem to stop thinking about the thing.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 09:37 PM
The three assassins seek for whom they may slay: charged with causing as much loss of life within the castle as they may before being killed themselves.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 09:38 PM
((Please note that I am not calling them by spell names for a reason. They aren't the DnD spells, and as such aren't affected by such things as amount of HP. They do what I say they do.
Maph'tey either resists dying, or he doesn't. No HP involved.
I'm attempting to scale this encounter so it isn't mind-numbingly boring. :smallwink:

And 'reactive' could be taken in a lot of ways. It could react by retaliating, by healing, by reversing the spells... obviously it negates the spell effect on him, but the 'reaction' isn't obvious at all))

The infernals chant together, weaving a dark magic as they attempt to wrench Maph'tey's soul from his body, or wound it if they fail to take it out.

((Take wounding a soul how you will... I just assume it won't be good. Maybe something akin to negative levels, or a loss of emotion?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 09:39 PM
"Because Sunn likes to make messages of doom up for fun," Tabitha dryly retorts.

She moves to her work table, throwing the bandolier over her shoulders, the thing almost dragging on the floor due to her height.

Click!

Her entire arm slides into the Resonance Glove.

"I happen to think that if she bothered to bring it up, we should probably listen to her."

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 09:40 PM
The assassins will find most of the soldiers on the compound are living shadow, that will return from a portal to the plane of shadows if killed, or Statesmen, unkillable skeletal commandos. Then there are the player characters. I can't speak for anyone else, but Czar is surveying a battle on the bell tower.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 09:40 PM
Sunn looks at Random in a fashion that conveys you-are-arguing-with-someone-with-godly-powers-how-stupid-can-you-be? She sighs, and then says evenly: Whatever you want to believe, Random. Too bad I get the feeling that this thing will go on a killing spree that may just be higher than the Town's population.

Therarde
2007-05-12, 09:44 PM
An eagle flies in and lands on the head of one of the guards outside.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately for the assassins the four Jury members are reluctant to let them go on a killing spree. They all slice at the three assassins, attacking as a single unit.

Affadavit grins at Sunn. "If you say so. I still think you're over reacting. Besides." He pulls out his diamond pistol and his infinte energy container. "I still have one of Ba'al's little toys." He slots the infinite energy container into the pistol and smiles. "And this onoe is very useful."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-12, 09:50 PM
Tabitha can't help but smile at Random as she pats her glove, "We'll have to play together sometime."

((Deadtime...))

The Geomancer
2007-05-12, 09:50 PM
Czar slips into dead time.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 09:51 PM
((Later, Ms. E.))

Whatever, Random. My primary concern is the safety of my best friend in any case. She grins at Tabitha, despite her seriousness. If we do leave, I was thinking that Inari's would be the best place for you to go.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 09:52 PM
(( I know, but they don't. I assume someone will kill these three eventually. Somebody has to go first...

Oh! The jury has volunteered. And slice at with what? They are wererats, after all. ))

After dispatching a few shadows with holy water, they are encountered by the jury.

The rats retaliate, but somewhat ineffectively: having poisoned rapiers and a few remaining vials of holy water between themselves.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 09:54 PM
((Boring battles are icky. Let's spice things up a bit. BAM!))

Maph'tey finally manages to regain his composure and proceeds to do something unpleasant in the direction of the Infernals.

Well, first he gets nailed with their soul-stealing attack. Since he has more in common when it comes to the make-up of his soul to an outsider getting it pulled out obviously doesn't work so well.

However, it does do something very, very, very bad. It pulls his soul free from his wards completely.

Maph'tey just stands there for a moment in a very ominous sort of way.

He then rears back onto his hinds legs, lets loose and ear shattering, blood freezing bellow that echoes across Town, and then slams once again into the wall of the castle. This doesn't just smash the wall.

Again.

It also causes a rippling shockwave of distorted space to rush outward from the point of impact, tearing apart buildings and persons alike with the force of spatial sheer. The aether storm doesn't appears as though it has any intention of going away soon.

((Weeeeee! Rampage!))

Therarde
2007-05-12, 09:55 PM
The eagle begins pecking the head of the guard it landed on.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 09:58 PM
((I did mention the Jury earlier, however they only use normal swords. The fact that they're six foot tall metal humanoids means they can probably smash a wererat's face in though.))

The rapiers bounce off the Jury members, being made entirely of metal can be very useful sometimes. Three Jury members swing their swords at the three wererats' heads. The fourth tries to take one down with a punch to the stomach, and Jury members hit hard.

Affadavit smiles back at Tabitha and puts his pistol away. "Yes Inari's is probably the best place for you, assuming you can still put up with that damn rogue creation. I can't help but find that thing so annoying.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 09:58 PM
It is Aesa's turn to freak out randomly this time.
There is a torrent of cursing, and a ways a way the Infernals random burst into black flames, screaming and cursing in their own language, before vanishing completely.
Aesa stamps her foot, growling.
Damned moronic infernals! Sunn, come quickly, we have work to do if we don't want Town turning into a scrap heap.
She traces a sigil and opens a portal to the courtyard.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 10:01 PM
Sunn reacts quickly, teleporting to the courtyard in her customary flash of purple light. Upon arriving, her reaction is that she shuts down for a few seconds. Then there is a massive OH. MY. GOD.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-12, 10:08 PM
Affadavit pulls out the mini screen again and turns it on, staring at the red patch of light. As dead time descends he just has time to say. "That shouldn't be there. It is...wrong, and it is inside my mind. What is the solution?" Dead time strikes.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 10:09 PM
The aether storm then, surprisingly enough, stops.

Not in a piddling out sort of way, oh no.

All the material that had been scooped up by the distortion is flung away in a hail of what amount to terrestrial meteors. One crashes into a nearby building, exploding like a none too small bomb, thusly vaporizing Bob's Fine Flower Arranging and all the goods and services contained there in.

Several more blast into the Streets while others crash into buildings at random.

Maph'tey, who is currently not in his right mind, makes note of the nearest group of living things. This happens to be the melee between the Jury members and the assassins. One step and a snap of the neck later and the monster is making a bid to gnarf one of the poor cut-throats.

Fenric
2007-05-12, 10:10 PM
(( I've always found DR a strange concept when faced with overwhelming force anyway ))

The three rats die horribly

(( Besides, I have to go. ))

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 10:11 PM
((The jury and assassins are down in the Scar, actually))

Aesa moves through her portal and calls over to Sunn.
He has wards to prevent this from happening. I may be able to restore them, but it will take some concentration.
She begins tracing runes in the air, losing half of her focus on the world around her.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 10:12 PM
It would be at this point that Alastor decides to jump again. This time, however, he gains purchase on the air at the apex, pushing off it with his feet...straight towards Maph'tey. His body bursts into flames as he descends.

Sunn, who is rather shocked at the destruction and the monster, promptly puts a nigh indestructible shield around the people he is trying to eat. Because she doesn't use magic, this may be hard to get around.

Therarde
2007-05-12, 10:13 PM
The eagle flies off, to the relief of the guard it was perched on.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 10:21 PM
((Several of them came over the wall with grappling hooks. >.>))

Since Fenric already stated that the poor buggers die we'll say that Maph'tey's head passes through the barrier like morning sunshine through a patio window. His jaws lock around the poor squealing 'thropes and then jerks to the side, yanking something shimmering and filamentous free from their bodies.

The monster then slurps down the time-lines like so many temporal noodles as the unfortunate rat people crumble away into nothing.

Maph'tey then turns his attention on the next group of beings that he notices. Specifically the KNAVE grunts that are still firing on him. As he stomps toward the inner walls it's pretty apparent that this won't end well for them.

Then Alastor hits.

Sort of.

He sails clean through Maph'tey as if the creature were nothing more than a trick of the light. The ground, in all likelihood, will object to being given a new crater by the lancer.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-12, 10:24 PM
Karaglen cautiously walks into the general area and decides to skirt the area with Maph'tey in it, heading to look at a different spot.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 10:26 PM
Aesa keeps tracing runes through the air.
It is quite likely that no one has ever seen her so focused on one thing, or her eyes misting over with quite so much white energy.
She looks like she is gritting her teeth, too.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 10:26 PM
The lancer does indeed hit the ground, but with little force, like always. Personifications are funny like that. The supernatural flames that surround his body and lance burst into an inferno. Alastor points at Maph'tey, and attempts to ignite any feelings of vengeance within him. Which would, in general, not be fun. Alastor is attacking Maph'tey further, relying on the fact that supernatural flames may do some damage to him.

Sunn, in an attempt to keep Aesa concentrated, places a shield around he so that she will not be interrupted, no matter what happens. She then starts trying to fiddle with the very thing that tells the universe what Maph'tey is, trying to make his atoms decide they are particles.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 10:29 PM
WA-TANG!

CLANG!

CLANG!

SHINCK!

Four massive nails split through the pavement off in a side of the courtyard. The ground in between them begins to crumble, forming a circle shape. Arrives the diplomat, now wearing the eyepatch over his organic eye, flies out of the hole, tugged like a puppet on strings through the air. As he laughs, his eye bleeds freely, and blood cascades down his face.

The Angel of the Scale has returned.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 10:31 PM
((Oh, a fight between the Angel of the Scale and Alastor would be fun.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-12, 10:31 PM
Karaglen eeps and promptly returns to dragon form, deciding that hiding behind a bush suddenly seems like a very good idea.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 10:39 PM
((As soon as Aesa finishes the rune array give me the word.))

Since Maph'tey is, at the moment, a creature of animal intelligence he has absolutely no feeling of vengeance to ignite. As it currently stands there are only really two things that he's concerned about. The first is eating the little screaming things running away from him. The second is protecting himself.

Having the lance wielding being fly through, and subsequently look menacing at, him causes the beast to cease doing the first thing on his mind and begin doing the second.

He turns toward Alastor, his haunches now sticking a good way through the castle. Maph'tey gives a low hiss as he spreads his wings wide in a bid to make the thing that he recognizes as a threat go away.

He then begins to do what he normally does to make things he doesn't like go away. A droning begins to fill the air, almost inaudible at first, slowly growing in both pitch and volume. Should Aesa still be paying close enough attention to her surroundings she'll probably note that the fabric of space and time, or the Continuum, or the Grand Tapestry, or whatever you want to call it, is beginning to fray as strands are pulled free and annihilated into a store of raw radiant energy that is even now building above Maph'tey's outstretched wings.

Should she remember Maph'tey's story from several months prior this is what normally proceeds everything within about fifty miles being reduced to boiling glass.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 10:40 PM
The Angel's eye flickers and rolls in its head, evidently completely unnatached to it. He continues to laugh, his body convulsing, until,

SHKT!

Without warning, two ghostly-looking blood-red nails are in his hands. The nails on his back randomly blast in and out of his body with metallic clanks, horrid pistons that cause him to bleed yet more profusely. As he opens his mouth to laugh again, it appears that even his teeth have taken the appearance of nails.

"MaPH'tEy...rEmemBeR WHaT i SaiD wOULd haPPeN IF yoU EvEr LEt Me OuT?"

He giggles, in a singsong voice.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 10:45 PM
Aesa may not be paying attention, but Sunn certainly is. This is what could be described as an 'Oh crap' moment, or more truthfully a 'minute-long-rant-of-expletives moment.' She begins some of her cosmic mojo, adjusting the primal force of law to tell the universe this shouldn't be happening in an attempt to get the universes equivalent of a debugger to stop it from happening.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-12, 10:48 PM
Karaglen's tail twitches as her instincts tell her to flee, yet she seems rather helplessly curious and instead watches.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 10:51 PM
Aesa traces out the last of the runes, reciting an incantation which her player had based off of old icelandic, but changed so he wouldn't be mangling a language so badly that someone who knew it would cry.
Binda ve dromi grimmvar-huger, vig-gridlah ve luhnd, den ofgha vwhe tamre!
The effect of this is that Maph'tey's wards should begin to reassert themselves around him.
Incidentally, she had been far to focused to notice, which is a very odd thing.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 10:55 PM
The blood around the Angel begins to coalesce, forming...

Wings.

Red, feathery wings.

Its eye rolls back into its head, apparently able to see Aesa through its own skull. It grimaces angrily.

"Wench. He will kill all, and is deserving of death. No matter..."

It grins again, and floats up, up, up, up, a vortex of blood and nails with only the image of a man left inside,

"i WiLL eND hIm WhEn HE is WeAKenED."

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately the universe's debugger is currently drinking Mountain Dew© while talking to its friends about how utterly unfulfilling its job is.

Or it might not work simply because having the Town saved at any moment other than the one right before it's doomed just wouldn't be dramatic enough.

Or it might have to do with the fact that Maph'ty isn't part of the multi-verse to begin with and the debugger can't make heads or tails of his coding.

Whatever the reason, the growing orb of throbbing power continues to throb and grow.

Then Aesa finishes her spell.

Then Maph'tey suddenly clicks back into lucidity.

Then he notices the fact that he's about to drop an uncontained Continuum Nova in the middle of Town.

"Oh frack!"

Maph'tey stoops low to the ground for a moment before arching his back, wings pointed toward the sky.

The sphere of destruction then goes sizzling off through the clouds and into the night sky.

The burning ball of light grows fainter as it quickly gains altitude.

Then it blooms into a second sun, filling the whole of Town with light as if it were mid-day.

Fortunately the blast was far enough above the planet's surface to keep things from being vaporized. Also fortunate is the fact that the explosion took place in what amounts to empty space, otherwise some ear drums would likely be shattering at the moment.

Maph'tey just stands there looking up at what could have been the end of everything in Town.

Except Trog's. Since it's invincible and stuff.

"How many died..."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:06 PM
SHINCK!

The grinning Arrives lands directly over Maph'tey, holding himself up from two huge nails that literally extend from the veins in his arms.

"If I have a say, then you died."

It draws one nail back, laughing and preparing to plant it in him.

"HAhAhahaHAHAHaHAhaHahA!"

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 11:06 PM
Err... enough to where you might need to go petition the Ministry before they let Inari raise them all again?
Aesa glances at the 'Angel,' having finally noticed it.
Hey, calm down, psycho.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-12, 11:07 PM
Karaglen lets out a small breath and continues to watch. Apparently this is highly educational.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:08 PM
((He's a divine persona of murder. He ain't going to calm down till someone smacks him up a bit.

I'm looking at Alastor.))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 11:09 PM
Sunn grunts displeasedly. Her powers should have worked- the instant you step foot into a universe you are bound by it's force of law. Damn the alluring taste of Mountain Dew! Eh, the end result was the same in any case.

Alastor ends his assault on Maph'tey, and looks at the Angel of the Scale. He then proceeds to try to prod it with his lance. With a large amount of force.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 11:11 PM
((Hehehe. Because you know I was really expecting Aesa's side comment to make him stop and go "Oh, I'm sorry." :smallwink: :smalltongue:))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:11 PM
The lance, not unsimilar to a nail, goes right through the Angel, who sighs as though with some manner of comfort.

"Sorry. He's-"

It spits red, half-liquid nails out of its mouth, jaw distending garishly.

"-MiNe!"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 11:13 PM
Alastor grins a sickly grin. I would like to dispute that. His lance ignites, which should start a chain reaction within the Angel. The flames of vengeance burn brightly, especially if they are your own

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 11:16 PM
((Sorry about the border-line defensive god-modding. Sometimes Awesome just takes precedent. Besides, who can resist Mountain Dew?))

At about the same time the Angel of the Scale attempts to stab Maph'tey in the back of the head the massive monster vanishes, instantly being replaced by the significantly more Medium sized humanoid Traveler. This probably results in him comically swishing his weapons through empty air.

Maph'tey hasn't even noticed the murderous being yet.

Seriously.

He surveys the destruction wrought by the aether storm, pain evident on his face.

"I need to make sure this never happens again..."

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 11:19 PM
((You have to watch out for that code-red though. It is highly acidic and can burn through people.
>.>
Sorry, old joke from where the Dancing Man partially originated))

Aesa sighs and watches the Angel and Alastor.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 11:20 PM
((No problem. I'm the god of awesome, i know it takes precedent. The stepping into a universe binds you too it's aspect of law thing is to stop things from being too ridiculous- Sunn came from another universe herself and destroyed a few. Also, if the debugger didn't understand Maph'tey's coding he would just be erased like a computer virus, the universe is a prick like that.))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:20 PM
The Angel ignites in much the same manner as before, looking pained but still grinning The Angel always loves revenge, even if it is taken on him.

"I was here before you, you know. I was to kill him first."

He brings the nails in a cross fashion, attempting to fix Alastor's hand to his lance permanently.

"NoT YOu!"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-12, 11:22 PM
Karaglen frowns, curious as to why violence was so rampant in Town. Couldn't anyone just settle their differences over a board game or something?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 11:25 PM
The nails do go through Alastor's hand but he looks distinctly unimpressed. You were first, yes that is indeed right. But see, you generally replace trash with something that is better, so if he is anything, he is MINE! Alastor jumps with the lance still affixed to his hand. This should result in the haft of the lance being ripped out through the Angel of the Scale, leaving an unsightly vertical mark.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 11:27 PM
((Laws bind you except when you're the Dancing Man. Then the laws bind together and he play them like an accordion. With his ears.))

"I... I need to fix this..."

Maph'tey, utterly oblivious to the fight over who gets to kill him, begins repairing buildings and rearranging events to revive and heal.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 11:31 PM
Aesa sighs in annoyance at the two dueling crazy people, and traces a rune that should banish them elsewhere.
Her player attempts to inject a dose of awesome by redirecting that rune to send them to a specific elsewhere- namely the clocktower. :smallbiggrin:

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:32 PM
((Gah, got to go to bed soon, so ending this prematurely.

So sorry, but no going to the clocktower for this particular night.))

"StATe...yOu BeTRAyiNg SwiNe."

The Angel has apparently realized that as an embodiment of murder specially linked to Maph'tey, State, and Revenant, it really should be doing more murdering of those three.

"I've had a revelation...someone else to kill."

He grins as he is hefted up, literally riding on the lance as it rises.

"You mean nothing to me, yet."

He raises a finger.

"But...if you want to kill him yourself,"

With that, he tosses a volley of nails down at Maph'tey. The kind that you generally need to block, not dodge, what with the fact that they're huge and they're everywhere.

"You must stop me from getting there first."

The Angel detaches, laughing hideously and beginning to fly off, leaving Alastor to decide whether to save Maph'tey to be the one to kill him, or to pursue the Angel.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 11:33 PM
Sunn gets bored and says to no-one in particular: I'm going home. Later. She re-arranges her force of law to say she is in the Town Hills Apartment where she is currently lodging and the universe, embarrased that it is wrong, scoots her over there immediately.

Alastor decides that Maph'tey can do whatever he wants to avoid the nails, and discorporates, then recorporates in front of the Angel of the Scale. He then gains purchase on the air, jumping in giant leaps, hopefully out racing it.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 11:38 PM
The Traveler is, as before, a bit too intent on righting what he had done wrong to notice the blizzard of projectiles heading his way. This results in Maph'tey being ventilated quite well.

He drops to his knees and spits a mouthful of mercury-like blood on the street. In a rather dramatic display his begins to pull the nails out of himself.

"Don't have... time to die right now..."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:39 PM
The Angel's body begins to discorporate...its empty sockets wide...EMPTY?

As the body appears to drip into a great bloody mass that falls to the earth below, Alastor might realize that this was a decoy.

But then...

Where is the Angel?

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 11:40 PM
Aesa curses and flies over towards Maph'tey, kneeling next to him and reaching out a hand to try and heal him at least partially.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 11:41 PM
Alastor doesn't seem over perturbed, he was only racing the Angel to be fair. As such, he dissolves himself into his constitute force, which is omnipresent, and will recorporate as soon as the Angel shows up.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:44 PM
((Again, I do kinda need to sleep.))

It does not show up at KNAVES HQ in any such way. It is gone, apparently off to hunt one of its other vendettas, realizing that a spat with Alastor would mean nothing. As such, the small blue glass eye is undetectable. After all, Alastor's facing another divine being now, not something he can just target and say, 'existence over now. Bye!'

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-12, 11:45 PM
((Not that Alastor can do that in any case. Night.))

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 11:48 PM
Maph'tey's body, in its odd sort of way, stubbornly refuses to be healed.

The Traveler staggers upright, slicks of silver becoming visible through his clothes.

"I'll be fine. They need help more than me," he gestures in a rather weak manner at the people currently buried under a pretty sizable pile of rubble not too far away.

AmberVael
2007-05-12, 11:50 PM
Aesa shudders as she looks over at the people, trying to overcome the innate sense of amusement at their plight.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 11:51 PM
As my last post of the night,

A shadow troop twitches when Maph'tey saves his life. Twitches why? Because this conflicts with his whole ideology.

"No...lightwalker scum. I deserve to die...you...save..."

And he falls unconcious.

Rebonack
2007-05-12, 11:58 PM
The Traveler regards Aesa with a look of... not disappointment. No, by now he expects this.

Sadness.

Sadness that she still can't overcome it.

"No one deserves death," he manages to wheeze out to the shadow before dragging himself toward the rubble. Maph'tey extends a hand toward the stones, warping the lines of space such that the impediment to rescue simply rolls through the air out of the way. The hand is burnt and blackened with taint, probably from the Infernal's attack before.

"Have to fix this..."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-13, 12:03 AM
Karaglen decides that she's witnessed enough violence for the night and runs out to see if she can help at all.
I can heal people...

AmberVael
2007-05-13, 12:10 AM
Aesa gently puts her hand on top of Maph'tey's own, moving it aside. Her face is serene and yet somehow fiery and determined as she traces a series of runes in the air, then activates them and steps back.
For a moment, nothing happens, and then suddenly, there is a sound like the deep groaning of metal, and a stirring whistle of wind, and then everything distorts and waves of what appear to be wind emanate from Aesa, but when they pass, no zephyrs move through the streets, and no whip of air announces the presence of a force of weather.
Instead, a force of time races past, reversing things back to their original state, undoing the damage exactly opposite of the way it was done. Homes rebuild themselves, people lose their wounds, and destructive remnants of Maph'tey's madness slowly is wiped away-
In all but memory. That, at least, still remains for everyone.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 12:15 AM
A random NPC, because I am bored, walks up and screams Don't violate the laws of entropy! before walking off into non-existence.

Rebonack
2007-05-13, 12:16 AM
Maph'tey smiles at the young silver dragon. He's pretty relieved honestly. The only way he can heal someone is by restructuring reality such that they aren't injured. It's incredibly draining.

And then comes the restoring wind of the Mistress of Changing Fate. Fate certainly changed today.

Changed for the better.

"Thank you," Maph'tey manages to wheeze as he surveys the reparations taking place. "I..."

He sighs, choking back another mouthful of blood laden spittle.

"I'm going to need some time alone. Time to think."

With that he limps off toward the Mountains.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-13, 12:19 AM
Karaglen looks about with an awe.
What magic...

AmberVael
2007-05-13, 01:10 AM
Aesa watches him go, and then looks down at the ground.
She hated doing what she did, but she had wanted to be someone like this for a long time. As such, she wasn't sure what she thought.
[hr]Eventually, Aesa sighs and vanishes.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 06:09 AM
Professor Affadavit breaks free of dead time and looks around Tabitha's workshop. Everyone else is either in dead time or not around..."I wonder when they intend to put their plan into action." He pulls out the little screen again and stares at the red patch of light that stubbornly refuses to leave. "You are still there. And I can't do anything about it. Nor do I want to, to get rid of you someone would have to remove so many memories." He frowns slightly, watching the red light stay constant as everything else changes. "Too many memories, I'll just have to hope nothing happens." He slumps to the floor, eyes glued to the screen.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 06:15 AM
Tabitha hears the words "their plan" and decides to give him a taste of their clever scheming. "I was going to try and destroy State's pretty little body when I was giving him a demonstration of what I made."

Images of exploding State's dance through her head. It was better than Christmas!

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 06:19 AM
Affadavit's eyes stay glued to the screen. "I'm afraid I'll have to disapoint you. State has been reduced to a ghost once more. He used my giant cannon to destroy both himself and a deadly enemy, knowing I will eventually make another body for him...But not for a long time yet." He glares at the red patch of light, determined to find some way of removing it. "There are more important things to be done."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 06:21 AM
A purple flash of light, and Sunn appears. She waves cheerfully at Tabitha. Hello!

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 06:25 AM
Tabitha does indeed look disappointed. After all, Christmas had just been cancelled.

"I guess I'll just have to content myself with breaking a few of the skeleton man's bones."

Leaning over Random's... well, shoulder not being an applicable term... anyway, Tabitha tries to get a peek at what Random has been staring at oh-so-intently.

"More important things? Such as?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 06:30 AM
Affadavit is staring at a small screen, on the screen is a dazzling display of coloured lights, all constantly changing size, shape, colour and position. Except for a small red patch stubbornly staying still in the chaos. A strange grin appears on Affadavit's face. "More important things like seeing how large a trebuchet I can build from the various scraps of metal lying around in my laboratory."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 06:32 AM
Sunn, who doesn't mind being ignored much, shrinks down to her gnomish size and pokes Tabitha. Hey! How are you?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 06:36 AM
"Mwah!"

That is the sound a Tabitha makes when she is poked.

"Oh, Sunn! There you are. I'm doing fine, thanks. How's the weather outside?" She raises a brow, obviously not inquiring about the weather.

Turning back to Random for a moment she decides to ask, "A trebuchet? For any particular reason?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 06:39 AM
The purpose of the question involving the weather failing to get through, Sunn says what she thinks is most important You two are safe, for now. That hideous creature that set me off has disappeared from around here, although it would pay to be vigilant. She then winks at Tabitha, which is the signal for 'girl-talk'

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 06:40 AM
Affadavit's eyes stay firmly glued to the screen. "No, I just thought it would be a fun distraction."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 06:47 AM
"Alright. Feel free to look around or get started here if you'd like," Tabitha says, starting to walk back to an unused corner of the room.

"I'm being summoned for a private meeting apparently." She smiles, shrugs, and waits for Sunn.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 06:49 AM
Following Tabitha into the corner and performing a little trick in the universe so that Random won't be able to hear them, Sunn grins at Tabitha. Well, I just introduced Gabe and Lakshmi to Aesa earlier. They got along very well.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 06:53 AM
Affadavit tears his gaze away from the screen for a couple of seconds to glance briefly around the workshop, he then turns back to the screen, eyes almost touching it as he glares angrily at the red patch.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 06:53 AM
"That's great," Tabitha says, smiling at her friend's good fortune. Having Aesa like you and your friends was a good thing indeed.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 06:56 AM
I'm with them right now, where she lives. Sunn grins. I don't particularly want to part with Gabe at the moment, so I allowed one duplicate. I think I'm asleep on his lap right now.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 07:03 AM
Two grey Jury members wander up to the entrance. They bark orders at the men guarding the gates, apparently considering themselves superior. "Get that gate down right now! We want to be let in! If you don't hurry up I will personally send you to the Scar!" The poor NPCs hurriedly lower the gates and allow the Jury members to enter. One heads off to a group of normal Jury members, the other begins to search for Professor Affadavit.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 07:03 AM
Tabitha's face gets a little more colour and acquires the "aww... what a cute puppy/kitty/baby" expression. "That's so sweet."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 07:07 AM
Sunn smiles at her radiantly. It is, isn't it?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 07:26 AM
"I'm so glad things are working out well with you two," she says, beaming, "You'll have to introduce me to him soon, eh?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 07:41 AM
Grinning herself, Sunn says simply: The instant I get you out of here, Tabitha.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 08:15 AM
"Yeah, of course. When things calm down we should be able to have our demonstration. Although, Random says State's body is destroyed already," she says, sounding a bit crestfallen.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 08:16 AM
((Check out my plot! :smallbiggrin:))

He'll have another rebuilt, won't he? Be positive! Sunn grins at her very happily.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 08:20 AM
Affadavie escapes from dead time again but since he still can't hear Sunn he can't mention that he won't be building another body for State yet, or in the near future. Instead he goes back to staring at the screen.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 08:22 AM
((Noice. Which is the cooler way of saying "nice."))

"Random says not another one for awhile," Tabitha says, shrugging. "However, I wonder if my weapon could affect a ghost... I mean, it could certainly interfere with the waves that he produces... After all, pretty much anything that is visible is reflecting or producing waves, right?"

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 08:25 AM
Waving her hand to make them hearable again Sunn replies: You are the genius behind it, not me. She grins again, cheerfully.

((The plot isn't written very well.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 08:28 AM
((The description sure is though. Sheesh. Welcome to the circle of RPers I will study to improve my own writing.))

"Well, perhaps..." Tabitha says, holding her free hand to her chin.

"Besides, this weapon is made with magic. Magic can get ghosts, no problem." She winks at Sunn.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 08:32 AM
The grey Jury member arrives outside the workshop, having run out of other places to look. "Sir! What are you doing in there?"

Affadavit turns and loooks at it in disgust. "Dammit, I told me not to release them yet, but of course I didn't listen, I hardly ever listen, even to myself." He glares at the grey Jury member. "Go guard something important, I don't need your protection right now."

"But sir, you're-"

"LEAVE! NOW!"

"Yes sir." Looking a little sad the grey Jury member walks off.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 08:35 AM
Tabitha watches the creation and is suddenly reminded of someone.

The girl perks up almost jumping a little, "OH! That reminds me. Evander doesn't want to snap your neck like a twig anymore." She gives a very pleased smile to Random.

"Oh, and what do you mean about the "other me"?" she asks, suddenly remembering that part of the conversation.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 08:36 AM
((Thankies! *radiance* I am too critical of myself, aren't I?))

Indeed it can. It won't be as impressive as seeing an animated metal statue explode, however. She grins, thinking how appropriate fireworks ala State would be for the day KNAVES gets attacked.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 08:41 AM
Affadavit waits until the grey Jury member is out of sight before replying. "When my mind was under the influence of the sword the only solution I could think of was to split it in two. I moved one half of my mind to this creation and it was no longer affected." He turns around and smiles at Tabitha. "Being able to think clearly again is such a relief." He walks away from the door and pockets his little screen, "Being able to think clearly...That was when I realised you shouldn't be here." He leans on his walking stick, and continues to smile. "So now there is effectively another 'me' working in the laboratory at the same time."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 08:45 AM
"Oh, well, I could have told you that," she says, jokingly sarcastic, "But you just wouldn't listen."

Tabitha shakes her head as a sort of transition in subjects, "Ba'al's sword was pretty nuts, eh? But how are you going to fix the other part of your mind? I would imagine having it separated is less than desirable."

She looks over to him, head tilted with an expression, as she is wont to do, that still says "I could help you..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 08:49 AM
Affadavit grins. "I haven't finished. Aesa pretty much fixed the other part of my mind, and there is a connection between the two halves. Both of me have access to all my memories and I can see what I am doing, just about. Having my mind in two places is quite useful, and I can reverse the process at any time I just choose not to." This is basically a polite way of saying "I don't need help".

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 08:52 AM
Tabitha sighs and her shoulders fall in a reverse shrug, however that works. "Then what in the world do you keep staring at? These important things that need to be done?"

She taps a foot on the ground ever so slightly and raises a brow, awaiting his answer.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 08:56 AM
Affadavit pulls the mini screen out again and turns it on. He points out the strange red patch to Tabitha. "There is nothing wrong with my mind, just something unusual. And I don't know what it is, based on recent events I am a little suspicious of it." He shrugs and stares at the red patch or light.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 09:01 AM
Tabitha decides this is a pride issue with him. So she tries to compromise. As much as she'll compromise on this sort of thing. "Okay, so I won't use the term "wrong." However, something isn't "right" either, is it? Otherwise you wouldn't be concerning yourself with it."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 09:04 AM
"There is always something not right with my mind. This thing is just a little more obvious." He turns the screen off and puts it away. "I don't know what it is so I am curious and suspicious. Is there anything wrong with that?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 09:15 AM
"No. Just stop whining about it if you won't suck it up and actually let people try to help you out with it," she says, looking distinctively irriatated. Not with his problem or his complaints with it, but that he really just doesn't want anyone to help him. That frustrates her to no end.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 09:19 AM
Sunn, who feels that Tabitha is handling this conversation perfectly, gives her a thumbs up, grinning.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 09:19 AM
Affadavit sighs. "The only reason I whine about it out loud is because it can be hard to think straight when you're in constant telepathic communication with hundreds of creations. Luckily they are only creations, who only require orders." He frowns slightly at Tabitha. "I try not to talk about it when others are around." He turns to leave, looking a little angry, then stops, turns back and asks "Why do you always want to help others?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 09:30 AM
Almost without thinking she has a reply. "Because I have a big heart for a little lady," she says, smiling a bit sheepishly.

"I always want to help people. I want them to be safe... and happy. I want to do what I can. And it seems many of them will do the same for me." Evaander and Fenric and Sunn and Aesa, even, all flit through her head.

"You think you're special or something? That I shouldn't treat you just like everyone else?" she says, teasing him delicately.

After a brief moment of thoughtful staring, she continues, "In all honesty though, I do like you. I just wish you'd let other people in a bit more. You're driving yourself nuts by sectioning yourself apart from everyone else."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 09:38 AM
Affadavit chuckles, but without humor. "You want to help people? But look at the mess it got you into. Stuck here at the KNAVES HQ...

He leans on his walking stick, his right eye spinning wildly. "I never said I was special, but I shouldn't be treated like everyone else."

He grins at her last comment though, almost dropping the walking stick as he bursts into a fit of laughter. "HAHAHA! You think I'm driving myself nuts? HAHA, I already am nuts...HAHAHAHAHA! I've been nuts for a long time now, and you know what? I like it." He stops shaking with laughter and smacks the side of his head, his right eye slowly stops spinning in its socket.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 09:44 AM
Tabitha laughs, seeing he doesn't understand what she's managed while she was here. "Yeah, I'm stuck here. Or at least I was. But you fail to realize what I'm taking out with me when I go. Or who, rather."

Aesa and Sunn. Were leaving. Partially because she had been here. Because of who she was. And what she did.

An almost self-satisfied grin spreads across her face, "Mission successful."

Waiting for his fit of laughter to subside, she adds, "There's good crazy and bad crazy. I think you're dancing all over that line. You just need someone to push you to one side or the other, I think. I know where I'd stick my foot out to trip you." She smiles at her analogy, the idea of it almost comical.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 09:50 AM
Affadavit sighs again. "My point isn't that you're stuck here, I know you intend to escape, and since you said Sunn and Aesa are helping I have no doubt you will succeed. My point is that trying to help people is really what got you here in the first place."

He grins at her anlogy, draws an imaginary line and pretends to dance over it. "You're wrong Tabitha, I'm standing on the line between the two, and I won't let myself be pushed in either direction." He stands completely still, exactly on the imaginary line, and waits.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 09:58 AM
"Yeah. And my point is that good is coming out of it anyway." She closes her eyes contentedly, smile still in full display.

Watching him stand rooted on the line she shakes her head at him. "I may be smaller than the rest of you, but I've got a lot more power to push than you'd think."

She places her hand on the gloved arm, almost appearing that she means that, but somehow it should be obvious that that isn't the case.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 10:02 AM
Sunn continues to watch, grinning. She doesn't particularly like Random, but she doesn't hate him.

Watching him get hit in the face so hard it resembles Chicxulub would sure be satisfying, though.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 10:02 AM
Affadavit chuckles quietly. "You think good has come out of it? I don't even believe in good and evil." He tilts his head and stares at the gloved arm. "And you aren't the only one with power." He draws his diamond pistol, still with the infinite energy container in place of the diamond. "Besides, you still haven't told me what that thing can do." He begins fiddling with the various dials on the pistol

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 10:05 AM
Random, are you legitimately stupid? I could contain anything you throw at her, and throw you into the sun. Pick your fights. Sunn is still relaxed against the wall.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 10:06 AM
"Hmph. No good or evil? No wonder you've got problems," she rolls her eyes up at the ceiling momentarily. "Even so, it's good for me, not even in a divine or moral sense."

She raises her somewhat immobile, gloved arm a bit. "Sunn will have to make me some more targets. And I should probably fiddle with it to make sure it will kick the heck out of spectral things, too."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 10:09 AM
Sunn, who picked up a lot even in her short amount of work with Random, clicks her fingers and a 1 meter cubed block of diamond appears in the middle of the room. You'll want to keep away, Random. She advises him.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 10:10 AM
Affadavit laughs at Sunn...He can't resist. "I have no intention of using this thing today, besides, Ba'al did some clever work on this thing. I doubt even you can contain an infinite amount of energy in the finite space of this room. And I'm pretty sure reality would be seriously messed up if I used it anyway."

He turns back to Tabitha. "Trust me, I don't have problems." He puts the diamond pistol away and looks at the glove again. "So you still intend to get rid of State? I hope it works, he expects far too much from me."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 10:13 AM
Random, I screw with reality on a daily basis. It's what I do. I could just shunt all that energy off into a dying universe that would then rise from the ashes. But, just watch the diamond cube.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 10:14 AM
Tabitha rolls her eyes again at his denial of problems. This guy was just decidedly impossible.

"If I can't kill him, I at least want to be a painful threat," she says. "Even in the short time I've known him, it's pretty obvious he's more of an arrogant uncaring... well, you know... than you have ever been."

Wordlessly she pulls down her goggles and takes aim at the diamond block, greeted by the outlining glow in the sight.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 10:16 AM
Sunn places herself on a close, but separate tangent of reality. The affect is that she can be seen and heard, but the diamond and shockwaves cannot touch her.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 10:25 AM
Affadavit steps as far away from the block of diamond as possible and watches.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 10:25 AM
The room begins to thrum with energy as she pulls the trigger at her fingertips. The tuning forks rattle whilst resounding themselves. There is a distortion in the air as the force of the waves conflict with those of light.

However, all of this must be noticed within a few brief milliseconds before the air is filled with a rather pretty sparkling diamond dust.

Tabitha speaks from behind her tunic, which she has pulled up in order to keep from inhaling the mess. "Not bad. But the power level was too high for this. I think it was still from when we got rid of the iridium. Or was it the osmium we did last?"

She shrugs, "Anyway, I should work on making the power level automatic when it senses the material, then I can adjust it from there at will. And that thing about what we're going to do with Mr. State. I'll get started."

When the diamond dust settles, she brushes it away with her magic and places the glove on the newly clean workbench as she begins to work on it, her staff glowing teal over it from time to time..

((Deadtime. Indefinite amount today. Sundays are rough.))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-13, 10:28 AM
((Also dead-time. I need to sleep.))

Sunn places herself back onto normal reality, pleased with the results of the test. She decides that her role is done here, and says to Tabitha: See ya! I'm going to fuse with the me that is with Gabe! In a flash of purple light, this Sunn is no longer in the room, having fused with the one that is using the lap of Gabriel as a pillow in the Mist Spire.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 10:33 AM
Affadavit nods and applauds politely. "A very clever little device you have there." He turns and leaves, deciding to let Tabitha get on with her work in peace.

He heads back to the courtyard where the grey Jury member is waiting. "Okay, fine. You can now take over as my bodyguard, but if I order you to leave, you leave. Understood."

The grey Jury member nods and walks over to stand next to him. "I will always follow your orders sir, I was built to serve."

Affadavit smiles. Good."

"Yes sir, it is."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-13, 11:36 AM
Karaglen looks around and carefully leaves the courtyard to the streets..

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 11:43 AM
Affadavit then remembers the two scrolls that appeared before him. He pulls out the scroll of summon beverage 2 and reads through it again. He throws it to the floor in frustration. "GRRR! It is clear to me that in this world I must learn how to use magic to at least a basic level. I can't even figure out how that scroll works."

The grey Jury member picks the scroll up and hands it back to Affadavit. "But sir, who would teach you magic? Am I not a good enough bodyguard, do I need further improvement?"

"As a bodyguard you work well, especially considering your reactions to certain common magical effects."

"Then why bother with magic?"

"Because on my home world magic and science worked together, and the results were fantastic, truly some of those combinations were a thing to behold. But now I have no wizard or Sorcerer to help me, nor could any of them compare to Hrick."

"So you wish to learn the art of spellcasting yourself and combine the two once more?"

"Indeed, I couldn't have put it better myself."

darkblade
2007-05-13, 01:10 PM
((w00t finnally a traitor!! So does the "right path" invlove
Crusis and the Scar?))

AmberVael
2007-05-13, 01:13 PM
Affadavit then remembers the two scrolls that appeared before him. He pulls out the scroll of summon beverage 2 and reads through it again. He throws it to the floor in frustration. "GRRR! It is clear to me that in this world I must learn how to use magic to at least a basic level. I can't even figure out how that scroll works."

The grey Jury member picks the scroll up and hands it back to Affadavit. "But sir, who would teach you magic? Am I not a good enough bodyguard, do I need further improvement?"

"As a bodyguard you work well, especially considering your reactions to certain common magical effects."

"Then why bother with magic?"

"Because on my home world magic and science worked together, and the results were fantastic, truly some of those combinations were a thing to behold. But now I have no wizard or Sorcerer to help me, nor could any of them compare to Hrick."

"So you wish to learn the art of spellcasting yourself and combine the two once more?"

"Indeed, I couldn't have put it better myself."
((Hey! The combination of magic and tech is my thing!
*eye twitch*
*growls and brandishes the character Catherine*
:smallwink: ))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 01:25 PM
((w00t finnally a traitor!! So does the "right path" invlove
Crusis and the Scar?))

((Yes, more or less. Also some liquid obedience.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 01:35 PM
((The combination of magic and technology should not be limited to one character. Besides, it's just my character spouting ideas, I have no intention of developing it any further. And as it happens said character isn't capable of learning any magic.))

AmberVael
2007-05-13, 01:36 PM
((I know, I know.. I'm just messing with you.
However, it might be fairly interesting to have the two meet...))

The Geomancer
2007-05-13, 02:36 PM
Czar Prohibition wonders when State is going to get back and hand out those Assassination Assignments. ((Alliteration: Always Awesome!))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 02:43 PM
((Gah, mothers day and all that: be alerted that though it says I'm online, at any given moment I might be away from the computer. And State is still deadtimed.))

The Geomancer
2007-05-13, 02:46 PM
((Oh alright... Patience isn't one of my virtues you know.))

Czar looks around for something or someone out of place, because he feels like yelling at underlings today.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 03:13 PM
Affadavit wanders over to the cannon pit and carefully looks inside before hurriedly walking away. "I'm glad the other half of me is too arrogant to think I may be up to something." He turns to face the grey Jury member. "From this moment all orders from the other me are null and void, and any future orders from the other me will not be followed. Understood?"

The grey Jury member nods. "Understood sir. I follow your orders and your orders only from this moment. May I ask what you are planning?"

"Nothing too spectacular." Affadavit leans in and whispers very quietly. "I intend to deactivate all my weapons when Tabitha attempts to escape. I don't want KNAVES to have any kind of advantage."

"I understand sir. When is this happening?"

"I don't know. Maybe I should ask Tabitha. I don't feel safe out in the open here anyway."

"You have nothing to fear sir. I will always be here to protect you, and you said yourself only one person other than you knows my weakness."

Affadavit nods and heads off, slowly making his way back to Tabitha's workshop. He stops at several points to make sure he isn't followed.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 03:20 PM
Tabitha wipes a bit of sweat that had been accumulating atop her goggles down from her forehead. This doesn't wipe the pleased look from her face.

"Don't know how it'll work on the incorporeal, but I'll give it a go."

She pulls the glove over her hand once more, rather liking it there. It had been made for her, after all, and fit, quite literally, like a glove.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 03:24 PM
Affadavit knocks on the door to Tabitha's workshop.

The grey Jury member walks up behind him. "Won't my presence worry her?"

"Not at all. I doubt you look even the slightest bit threatening actually."

"Is that a good thing?"

"It may be."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 03:33 PM
The door briefly flashes away to reveal Tabitha. There isn't time to say a word because immediately it flashes back into visibility as she opens it.

"Come in. I just finished my adjustments."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 03:38 PM
Affadavit walks in, followed by the grey Jury member. Affadavit glances up at his newest creation and sighs. "Firstly, don't mind that thing, it's just my newest creation. It's my new bodyguard." He taps his walking stick awkwardly on the floor.

The grey Jury member offers its hand in greetings to Tabitha. "I am, and I am far more efficienthan any of his other creations."

Affadavit grins and leans on his walking stick, watching his new bodyguard with pride.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 03:44 PM
Tabitha responds with a grin, one that is both friendly a bit smug. She sees a sort of parallel with Evander in this. She grasps his offered hand with her free one.

"I am Tabitha. Pleased to meet you."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 03:51 PM
The grey Jury member smiles. "My master has informed me of your plan to escape. However he is curious as to when you intend to out your plan into action."

Affadavit politely motions for the grey Jury member to stop. "I can speak for myself as it happens. Yes, a rough estimate of when you plan to leave would be useful, so I know when to provide a distraction. And when to cut the link between the two halves of my mind." This might be a bit of a surprise for Tabitha, it is something most people would never expect Random to do.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 04:00 PM
Tabitha shrugs, "I wish I could pin it down. Sunn and Aesa are planning on working to trap everyone inside. And it seems a lot has happened in the meantime to keep that from being possible."

Her gaze alights upon the door, "I wouldn't know. I haven't been outside in a few days. Since the whole "gear hammer" incident."

She coughs a bit abashedly.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 04:06 PM
Affadavit nods. "And I wouldn't advise going outside at all, just wait here until Aesa and Sunn are ready. I fear some of the other KNAVES members are beginning to get suspicious. I think they know something is wrong."

The grey Jury member would raise an eyebrow if it had one. "Gear hammer incident?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 04:13 PM
"Um... I kind of made my gearstaff into a giant hammer and was prepared to crush someone's skull with it. He was... he was a cruel murderer." She scratches the back of her neck.

"Anyway, what are they suspicious of, me or you or Aesa? I know they are suspicious of Sunn, obviously..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 04:22 PM
"They are suspicious of you and Aesa as well. It was Aesa who 'persuaded' you to work for them after all. Perhaps they fear you are loyal to her and not to them." He looks around again, still nervous even though nobody can get through the door without Tabitha's permission. "I don't think they suspect me...yet. But when I deactivate my weapons they will. I have to leave KNAVES, but I know the other me will continue to work here."

The grey Jury member smiles and pats Affadavit on the shoulder. "If they send anyone after you master they will have to get through me. And I can't wait to test out my powers. I hope someone tries to run me through with a sword." This is a pretty odd statement really, but Affadavit just nods and smiles at his bodyguard.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 04:26 PM
"Speaking of, what is this splitting of minds you mentioned?"

Tabitha watches the interaction between Random and the grey creation with a grin. Of course, it could just be programmed to like him... but at least Random was nice enough to it.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 04:32 PM
"You remember I said I had to split my mind to excape the sword's influence? Well I've decided I don't want to be a single being any more. So I'm going to cut the connection between both of me. That way this me will always be able to think clearly, and it means I can still work at KNAVES at the same time."

The grey Jury member nods at Affadavit and turns to Tabitha. "As an added precaution he ordered me not to listen to his other half. I will only serve this part of him."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 04:36 PM
"If you cut the connection, then you aren't really working for KNAVES... you won't even know what is going on, will you?"

She then adds another thought:

"What if your other half goes after you? I mean, it is the half that has Ba'al's sword's influence right? I have no idea what that thing'll do..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 04:47 PM
Affadavit taps his foot slightly impatiently. "The influence was removed but my other half is still definitely the worse half of me. I may decide to go after me but it won't be easy. Since both of me will have control over the creations it'd be a fair fight, one on one. And since I'm in the body of a shapeshifting creation I have an advantage. But just to be on the safe side perhaps I need a disguise. I could shapeshift into a new form...Any ideas?" He looks at Tabitha with a slightly hopeful expression, he clearly has no idea what shape to take.

The grey Jury member stands behind Affadavit and waits.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 04:57 PM
"Nyeh?" is her reply. Somewhat stunned blinking follows. He was... asking? Her?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 05:06 PM
Affadavit just shrugs. "I honestly have no idea what my new form should be. I'd like to stay human, and male...But beyond that I haven't a clue." He chuckles a little at her surprised expression. "Why Tabitha, you look a little surprised."

The grey Jury member smiles at its master's little joke.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 05:15 PM
Tabitha opens her mouth to say something about her "surprise," but changes her mind very quickly. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Not even one from Random.

"So... human and male? So you don't really want to be a creation or anything? I thought they were more durable in your opinion," she says, trying to puzzle through to a solution. "I mean, what are you looking for in your new body? Do you want it to look totally different or somewhat the same, for that matter?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 05:19 PM
Affadavit sighs. "I want to stay in this creation, shapeshifting is a useful abitlity. But repeated shapeshifting is a bit of a strain on me. So ideally I need one form to stay in for most of the time. How about I try a few different forms and you tell me what works?"

The grey Jury member winks at Tabitha from behind Affadavit and says "This should be fun."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 05:23 PM
Tabitha lets a half-grin draw over her face. She was going to like this new creation of Random's.

"Alright. Be happy to."

With that she takes a seat upon a chair, facing towards Random. She also makes a gesture to offer one to the grey creation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 05:27 PM
The grey Jury member smiles and sits down, the chair creaking slightly under its weight. "I have a strange feeling this will take a while."

The grey Jury member may be right, Affadavit's first attempt is very poor. His legs become the same size and he becomes slightly taller. His eyes stay the same but his hair changes to a dark brown, his nose and mouth don't change either. He neglects to change his outfit and even the walking stick doesn't change. His voice is still far too similar as well. "I am no good at this."

The grey Jury member nods. "You still look far too much like your old self master."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 05:35 PM
"Practice and all that," Tabitha says, giving him an encouraging sort of shrug.

Putting a finger to her lips she gazes upwards. "You know, the hair looks pretty nice."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 05:40 PM
Affadavit nods and tries again. His eyes change to a bright green colour and his chin widens slightly. His arms and legs become slightly longer, so Affadavit is about the size of an average man now. A hat appears on his head, a black wide brimmed hat that seems to suit him. His outfit changes to a blue shirt, brown trousers and a black cloak. However he still neglects to change his walking stick or his voice. "I think I've almost got it" he comments.

The grey Jury member shakes its head. You forgot the walking stick master, and your voice is still very similar."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 05:44 PM
"The creation's got a point," Tabitha says, pointing with her wrist upturned back at the him. "However, it's not bad at all, I think. Still too tall for my tastes, though." She grins.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 05:53 PM
Affadavit make a few more adjustments.

And now for the overall description:

The man that stands before Tabitha now looks almost nothing like Random. He is about as tall as an average man, slightly wider around the face and has bright green eyes with a mischevious glint in them. A black hat covers most of his dark brown hair. He wears a blue shirt and brown trousers, covered by a black cloak. I his right hand is a metallic walking stick, on the top of which is a beautiful emerald. Even his voice has changed slightly. "Well, what do you think?" he asks, looking quite proud of his new form.

The grey Jury member nods approvingly. "Nobody could recognise you for who you really are now sir?" It stands up and walks over to Affadavit. "Perhaps you should change your name as well?"

Affadavit nods. "I think I'll use my true name, call me Claudius."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-05-13, 06:00 PM
Tabitha stands up, head tilted to the side as she does. She makes a lap around the newly formed Random. Er, Cladius.

It appears she is inspecting him for any mistakes. Something accidently forgotten.

((Deadtime))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 06:05 PM
There are no obvious mistakes, Claudius seems to have done a good job on his new form. "Unfortunately I can't really leave this place now. I want to stay in this form for a while, get used to it. And if I go out there like this who knows what will happen." He pulls his hat down further. "Do you think I should have a moustache?"

The grey Jury member shakes its head. "I don't think it would suit you sir, your disguise is good enough as it is."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 06:53 PM
((Howdy all, immensely bored and overworked, missing scanner so went crazy in MS paint.

You know how the Town Police put badges in their sigs?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t161/NecroPaladin/KNAVEbadge.jpg

Use this as you will.))

The Geomancer
2007-05-13, 06:54 PM
Shhthunk, Shhhthunk, Shhthunk. The sound of an ax on wood is coming from the courtyard, where Czar Prohibition is cutting down the tree in the middle.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 06:57 PM
The other grey Jury member wanders over to see what he's up to. "What are you doing to that tree?"

The Geomancer
2007-05-13, 07:02 PM
I'm chopping it down. Czar says, doing just that. I thought that Affidavit made you guys to be smart.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 07:05 PM
The grey Jury member grins at Czar. "I am smart, but Affadavit also made me strong. Far stronger than you, you puny thing. You are made only of matter though, so I guess it's to be expected." The grey Jury member grins at Czar, almost laughing.

The Geomancer
2007-05-13, 07:13 PM
Stronger then me? I seriously doubt that. Czar stretches up to his full hight, touching 7'8" and looks down at the creation. Leave me be metal man, I have work to do. Czar grasps two branches on the tree and pushes sending the entire thing crashing down.

((Czar lets himself get goaded way to easily.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-13, 07:19 PM
((He does, and this new type of creation is very deadly.))

The grey Jury member laughs, loudly. "I am no mere metal man you fool." It shifts to its liquid state and slowly moves over to the tree. As soon as it comes in contact with the tree it begins to absorb it. Soon there is nothing left but a significantly larger blob than before. It returns to its solid state, the absorbed tree making it about the same size as Czar. "You still think you're stronger than me? You are weak, but, what else should I expect from mere matter."