PDA

View Full Version : Things D&D forgot about

nonsi
2015-08-18, 06:51 AM
This thread is meant for listing things seen on the big screen (or read in books) that never got expressed in the game (to its various versions) in any way.

It could be a character, monster, skill, feat, (Ex)/(Su)/(Sp) ability, phenomenon, location or anything else that pops to mind.
The more iconic it is the better.

At some point or another, this could lead to some brewing.
At this point, it’s not about giving them expression, but first of all listing them down.

I'll start.

Phenomenon: Incorporeal entities lowering temp around them / when they approach.
Ability/ Phenomenon(?): Inexplicable premonition / prophetic abilities.

nonsi
2015-08-27, 08:38 AM
Really? Everybody but my saw everything in official D&D materials?!

Did they publish an "Alien" monster?
Can I build a "SAURON" character and somehow missed it?
. . .

Elandris Kajar
2015-08-27, 09:09 PM
Huge blast areas weapons

Frakbox
2015-08-27, 10:50 PM
I posted this in a separate forum post. It is still slightly relevant here.

Whenever I play a Human Monk at level 1-4, I always get grappled (against my will) and die. Every time.

This may just be confirmation bias, however in theory In D&D 3.5 (For some reason) Monks have 3/4ths base attack bonus when they are grappling. They very easily could have just made an addendum that said "monks are considered to have base attack bonus while Grappling and cannot use this to qualify for feats which require a specific BAB".
Giving Monks the Improved Grapple option is suppose to make up for this fact I'm sure, but it was not well conceived.

For some reason, at Level 20, a Monk and a fighter are grappling each other, and technically the Fighter is better at wrestling. This doesn't make much sense to me.