2007-05-10, 08:45 PM
in my personal opinion my favorite class is the Paladin

why easpically in low level campains u get very good

eg
detect evil: u can find the baddiess easy
smite evil ; even with the good attack bonus u get a plus still
Divine grace; get a plus to ur saves good for paladins poor will and ref
lay on hands; heal urself or allies without a ramdom number like cure spells
Aura of courage; immune to fear and imtimidate checks and also gives a +4 to allies
divine health; immune to all types of diseases magical or supernatural
Turn Undead; slay undead like the clerics just a little weaker than the pros
Spells; u can cast a few helpful divine spells that can help
Special Mount; wats better than a horse or other mount that is faithful stronger faster than normal

JaronK
2007-05-10, 10:27 PM
The word you're looking for is "you."

JaronK

Dhavaer
2007-05-10, 10:29 PM
And you can make uppercase letters by holding down the 'shift' key.

I prefer Hexblades myself.

Theodoxus
2007-05-10, 10:33 PM
I prefer Hexblades myself.

One of the few classes I've yet had the pleasure to try.

My favorite is definitely the rogue - especially paired rogues.

Skill monkey with a decent attack (weapon finesse ftw)... not stellar damage, but then, I don't want the baddies to concentrate fire on me either.

Rogue is a lot of run.

Townopolis
2007-05-10, 11:11 PM
Bard, because nobody I know appreciates them as much as I do. Also, it's fun.

I get to sing (Well, I chant or just talk most of the time) to buff my allies, which keeps them happy. I can buff myself up and become a competent sidekick to everyone, holding my own in melee and spellcasting, and lending a hand in troubleshooting. And I get to be active all the time, even when the spotlight isn't on me.

Big fight? My song supplaments my BAB to make me a threat on the battlefield, especially when I (all 5 of me, thanks to Mirror Image) tumble past the enemy and provide flanking bonuses. Arcane puzzle? I heard something about something like this while talking to that old man in the tavern back there. Tough lock? pick pick pick the troublesome security mechanism.

Erk
2007-05-10, 11:33 PM
I'm a big fan of Bards for style, but not good at playing them. My favourite classes are Paladin, Sorceror, and Rogue. In that order more or less, and not for power reasons... they are just fun to play. I am putting a ton of effort right now into building my character's entire unique race and their unique cultural PrC that is equivalent (note: not similar in play style, but in philosophy) to a sorcerous paladin: best of two of my favourite classes.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-05-11, 12:08 AM
I like a couple, the Hybrid classes mainly. Psychic Warriors, Duskblades...

And, well...

Paladins. :D

I also enjoy the Tome of battle classes a lot!

Sereneprophet
2007-05-11, 12:12 AM
Well i've had little experience with PnP DnD, just a few campaigns run by friends that didnt last long, but Id have to say that overall I enjoy the Swashbuckler, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Bard classes.

They just seem fun and interesting, and for the most part I like skilled class professions.

EagleWiz
2007-05-11, 08:34 AM
Sorcerer and/or Cleric.

Sahegian
2007-05-11, 09:20 AM
I've always liked the standard fighter. Hexblades, warlocks, and sorcerers are probably my next three favorites as far as flavor goes.

MeanJoeSmith75
2007-05-11, 09:26 AM
Rangers. Maybe because of LotR, but its always been my favorite. Especially with a high powered bow.

AmberVael
2007-05-11, 09:34 AM
Psions and Barbarians, though I like the plain old fighters too.
Something about blowing people up with your brain or your axe just is appealing to me... and I like the psionics system better than the magic system.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-05-11, 09:51 AM
I like Fighter because it's a very versatile, customizable class. Also, I feel like I'm getting the big payoffs at almost every level, instead of always having to think "I'm gonna kick butt at level 12" at level 3.

Nahal
2007-05-11, 10:17 AM
I've always liked full casters, but then I'm also a power-hungry maniac underneath my veneer of decency and civilization.

Seriously, I like playing casters in the support/battlefield control role. I tend to solve a lot of puzzles in the games I play, so I like stepping back and letting the other players shine in combat. Just be careful of the tentacles.

Dark_Wind
2007-05-11, 02:10 PM
My favorite class is the Wizard, by far. I like being the troubleshooter. Spell preparation and application is a game in and of itself, and one that I rather enjoy.

Piccamo
2007-05-11, 02:21 PM
I don't have a favorite class, but I do generally enjoy anything of the archer archetype.

literati
2007-05-11, 02:24 PM
I'm a big fan of the wizard, especially with a couple of item creation feats. My current wizard just finished four low level wands and 15 higher level scrolls.

A scroll is the solution to every problem.

Dark_Wind
2007-05-11, 02:38 PM
I'm a big fan of the wizard, especially with a couple of item creation feats. My current wizard just finished four low level wands and 15 higher level scrolls.

A scroll is the solution to every problem.

QFT

Scrolls are the ultimate fall-back items. "I'm afraid I haven't got any spells memorized for this, but..."

de-trick
2007-05-11, 07:55 PM
i also like the hybrid classes too cause u can beat any1 in combat then help urself or allie

only problem not any arcane hybrid only divine

PaladinBoy
2007-05-11, 08:00 PM
I got the nickname "paladinboy" for a reason. I have yet to play a character with a non-good alignment for more than a little while, and almost all my characters are LG. Of course, most of them are paladins.

Then again, I also like wizards for their versatility.

crow04
2007-05-11, 08:03 PM
I've never really had a favorite class. I tend to play melee combants, but mostly end up in play as 3-9 class monstrosities.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-05-11, 08:15 PM
Give me as many skillpoints as possible and I can make any DM cry. Roguery wins every time.

Sornas
2007-05-11, 08:28 PM
Swordsages for me.

I love the over-the-top dramatic fighting styles that maneuvers can give you, along with being an agile, unarmored fighter.

In core though, I'm gonna go with Fighter.

Gungnir
2007-05-11, 08:31 PM
My favorite was a monk I made who became Chaotic due to the loss of his family, and started taking levels in barbarian.

He started drinking too. Kept a bottle of whiskey on his person at all times. He was great.

DSCrankshaw
2007-05-11, 09:51 PM
I try to play something different every time. Right now I'm playing in four online games (one of them's on hiatus), with four very different characters:

1 noble Dwarf Knight, who acted like a knight before I even learned about the class. He's planning on becoming a Defender.

1 tricky Human Rogue, with lots of ranks in jump and tumble. He goes where he wants on the battlefield. Wait until he takes a couple of levels of Thief-Acrobat.

1 absent-minded Human Diviner, with at least 1 rank in every knowledge skill. He's brilliant, but easily distracted: fortunately, his owl familiar's wiser than he is and keeps him on task.

1 surly Dwarf Ranger. I decided the PHB description of the caver was too interesting to pass up. There's just something innately fun about a ranger who doesn't like being outside.

I'm not sure I could say which one I like best. The Diviner's my newest, so I'm having a lot of fun with him right now. And I like Dwarves, so I'm considering doing a Dwarf Runesmith/Eldritch Knight in my next game (Heavy armor/high HP for just a couple of spell levels and he could be quite effective on both fronts, I think). But I've also been wanting to try a Bard. And I ought to play an Elf sometime, just to do something different.

Droodle
2007-05-11, 11:23 PM
A non-judgemental Paladin with a sailor's tongue and, for a change, no stick up his butt.

Aethir
2007-05-11, 11:29 PM
Probably Psion, just because no DM wants me around ingame :D

PlatinumJester
2007-05-12, 04:50 AM
Barbarian is fun as to play but any melee class except paladin and monk will suit me fine.

Shinkoro
2007-05-12, 05:08 AM
Fighters, because they own druids.:smallsmile:

bosssmiley
2007-05-12, 07:24 AM
Knights (PHB2) for speedbump-ish goodness.
Clerics for versatility, proselytizing and party gap-plugging.
Wizards for their gradual ascent from 'durability of wet tissue' to 'omniversal POWAH!'

Lolzords
2007-05-12, 07:30 AM
Rangers. Maybe because of LotR, but its always been my favorite. Especially with a high powered bow.

Same with me, maybe because of Drizzt Do'Urden, maybe because of Valygar, Minsc or one of the other kickass Baldur's Gate rangers or maybe because of LotR, I've just always loved rangers.

SMEE
2007-05-12, 07:43 AM
I usually play wizards. I love playing them (even more blaster wild mages), even though I don't play their full potential.

Bards come as a close second. It's sooo fun to play them, even when they lack the sheer power to destroyentire armies single handed (well, you can always sing to them, in the hope ofdriving them away).

Illiterate Scribe
2007-05-12, 08:01 AM
Artificers.

Don't kill me, please!

They can comfortably span the game balance from moderately underpowered to absolutely insane, and give you a legitimate excuse to have vast hoards of weird and fun stuff stashed in bags of holding.

Spiryt
2007-05-12, 08:21 AM
Same with me, maybe because of Drizzt Do'Urden, maybe because of Valygar, Minsc or one of the other kickass Baldur's Gate rangers or maybe because of LotR, I've just always loved rangers.
Hamsters and rangers everywhere REJOICE!!!

I like rangers too, maybe cause of Baldur's Gate, but i like the "bow sword and travel far style".
I always choose Distracting variant variant from PH II. I don't know how pulling some poor wolf (away from his pack and natural activities) with you around fit with "atuned with nature" theme.

Boo was only one animal companion worth attention.

Swooper
2007-05-12, 08:31 AM
Sorcerer, wizard and dragon shaman. Also knight, for the ability to get your AC above 60.

Cade Shadow
2007-05-12, 08:45 AM
Knight, Paladin, Rogue, Beguiler, Wizard, and to a lesser extent Bards.

DSCrankshaw
2007-05-12, 10:11 AM
I usually play wizards. I love playing them (even more blaster wild mages), even though I don't play their full potential.

Bards come as a close second. It's sooo fun to play them, even when they lack the sheer power to destroy entire armies single handed (well, you can always sing to them, in the hope of driving them away).
Actually, I'd think using bards in large-scale, army-vs-army battles makes a lot of sense. In that scenario, their buffs are the most powerful in the game. Even at high levels wizards and clerics can only buff a score of people and it lasts for a less than an hour. A bard buffs everyone within the sound of his voice (potentially hundreds), and it lasts as long as he can keep singing.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-05-12, 10:38 AM
The Minmaxers are probably going to have a hissy fit, but I heart the Soulknife. I just like the feel of the class, and it's the only one that I played which has lasted until Epic levels. Currently he is L27 and dominating. I've had wizards, fighters, swordsages, younameits, and none of them had the staying power of the soulknife. :smallbiggrin:

Sammi_Somara
2007-05-12, 10:44 AM
ZOMG BARRRRD! I get to sneak around, act onstage, cast spells, hit things with swords, AND sing! All in one class!
And that's what makes bards the AWESOMEST CLASS EVER!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-12, 10:46 AM
Psions, as I very much like the idea of affecting the world through heights of intellect.

However, I tend to play druids and bards more than anything.

Drascin
2007-05-12, 10:54 AM
Druid, psion, swordsage. In no particular order. The first one because I like being versatile, and being the freaking avatar of Gaea is cool; the second because, well, you are blowing people up with your mind, it doesn't get much better than that; and the third, because I like mobile, skilled fighters.

Elven Paladin
2007-05-12, 11:20 AM
Paladins...but I don't know why. Everyone I play with always assumes the worst when I play one. I guess it's cool when I'm able to surprise them, and they actually like playing with me.