PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other LA 2 Gnoll

KozanShoku
2015-09-09, 12:31 AM
Monster HD suck..I think they are a waste of space on PCs. here is my alternative for a Gnoll with an LA of +2

Ability Scores Strength +4, Constitution +2, Charisma -2.
Gnolls are strong and hardy creatures however they are also typacly savage,unruly,and have a sense of enjoyment in intimidating others
Size Medium.
A gnoll’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Gnolls gain a +2 Bonus On Intimidate, Spot and Listen Checks
+1 natural armor bonus.
Automatic Languages: Gnoll, Common. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic, Elven, Goblin,Halfling, Orc.
Favored Class: Ranger or Fighter.
Level adjustment +2.

does this seem balanced? I was also thinking of adding either Keen Senses or Scent but i felt that it may be too much

Revised version

Ability Scores Strength +4, Constitution +2, Wisdom +2, Charisma -2.
Gnolls are strong and hardy creatures however they are also typically savage,unruly,and have a sense of enjoyment in intimidating others
Size Medium.
A gnoll’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Gnolls gain a +2 Bonus On Intimidate, Spot and Listen Checks
Racial Weapon Proficiency: Gnolls Are proficient with battle axes and great axes
+1 natural armor bonus.
Gnolls gain Scent as a bonus feat
Automatic Languages: Gnoll, Common. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic, Elven, Goblin,Halfling, Orc.
Favored Class: Ranger or Fighter.
Level adjustment +2.

Stratovarius
2015-09-09, 08:47 AM
Right now, that's only an LA +1 race. I'd say it's objectively worse than the Goliath, which is generally a pretty nice melee race despite the LA. It either needs more stats, or more racial abilities, to compete.

KozanShoku
2015-09-09, 01:20 PM
Right now, that's only an LA +1 race. I'd say it's objectively worse than the Goliath, which is generally a pretty nice melee race despite the LA. It either needs more stats, or more racial abilities, to compete.

well what if we take scent into account? Im also thinking of adding proficiency with battle axes and great axes and possibly and this one is the least likely +2 on wisdom