PDA

View Full Version : Study of the Archdevil

Warpfire
2007-05-12, 04:18 PM
The study would probably at first appear entirely normal to Clergyman State, as he appears in it next to Sir Conviction. An ornate wooden desk sits in front of them, and several bookshelves line the walls. The desk is cluttered with random objects, and paintings are scattered about the walls. The first impression is that the study appears much like that of any human scholar of the material plane.

However, it immediately becomes evident that this is not the case. As one's eyes adjust to the darkened study, the first thing noticeable is the strange artifacts that sit atop the desk. Skulls covered in runes, pentagram-labelled spell-books, and a number of small, obviously magical weapons. The paintings, upon further inspection, are revealed to depict hellish (literally) scenes of nightmare and torture. If one read the spines of the books, they would notice that all of them are in Infernal.

There is only one window in the room, and it strangely does not let in light. Instead, rays of shadow pour through the window like beams of light through a normal window. The window is positioned perfectly to obscure the archdevil sitting behind the desk, and only the most basic features can be made out.

""Welcome to my humble abode." State can probably imagine the smirk that is no doubt on the devil's face.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 04:21 PM
"Humble...that's one word for it. I believe we had a deal to discuss, and I doubt formalities mean much to either of us."

State's incorporeal figure flits through the book cases and artifacts, briefly observing each one.

Warpfire
2007-05-12, 04:28 PM
"Indeed. I get caught up in enough formalities dealing with other devils. It is refreshing to deal with someone not obssessed with them." The archdevil pauses. "Though I can't say I expected a ghost. Be careful, your kind can get...stuck, here." The words are said in an almost mocking tone of voice.

Sir Conviction looks over at State, wondering how he will react. For now, he is silent.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 04:30 PM
"You're looking for a soul, and I'm not one. So stop slavering."

State briefly consider's Conviction's comment on memories passing for a soul.

"You have plenty of souls already. Have we any decision as to our pick of the crop, or will you be choosing our new recruits for us?"

Warpfire
2007-05-12, 04:35 PM
"I'm merely stating that this can be dangerous place for your kind. But perhaps no more than anyone else. To business, then. Before anything else, I need to see those souls."

Conviction nods, and the cauldron materializes on the floor next him. He lifts it up so the archdevil can take a good look at it, which he does.

"Nintey-nine souls, correct? With the one already granted to me...that would be enough."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 04:37 PM
"I've always been curious...What are souls to you? Some form of food? Or currency, for status?"

State pulls up a chair and sits, despite not really needing to, being a ghost.

Warpfire
2007-05-12, 04:44 PM
"Mainly they are used as shock troops in the Blood War. Though status is a part of it." The archdevil inspects the cauldron for a few more moments, then gives a nod barely perceptible through the shadow.

Conviction sets the cauldron on the floor. "As for the troops, I have picked out a set for you. I'm sure you'll find them acceptable. The devil reaches out a hand and moves a crystal ball to the center of the desk.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 04:45 PM
"I should hope so..."

State peers into the crystal ball, a bit warily.

Nightwing
2007-05-12, 04:50 PM
*A man knocks on the door*

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 04:51 PM
There is no door, we're in a pocket plane of hell.

This is called (Plot) for a reason.

Warpfire
2007-05-12, 05:00 PM
"For the purposes of demonstration, I shall show you a troop of the same kind of devil, currently fighting in the Blood War." Peering into the crystal ball, State and Conviction see a band of devils marching on some infernal battlefield. At first, they appear to be pretty average devils. They are about six feet tall, with black skin and two long, twisted horns. Crimson uniforms bedeck each one. A standard-issue sword is strapped to their waists. They don't look much more powerful than your standard grunt.

However, this changes when they encounter a group of demons. Charging into the fray, they grow to twice their height and gain wings. Their swords turn into claymores that crackle with negative energy. Throughout the battle, the devils prove suprisingly hard to kill. "Are they satisfactory?"

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 05:02 PM
State laughs evilly, penting his fingers.

"Oh yes..."

((And...deadtime, for now.))

Warpfire
2007-05-12, 05:02 PM
There is, in fact, no door. Apparently teleportation is necessary to enter the study. And anyone that tries to teleport in is going to seriously regret it.

(('kay.))

The archdevil nods, and a smile is evident in his voice. "Good." He turns to look at Conviction. "You have your part of the deal ready, yes?"

Sir Conviction nods. "Yes. Your servants shall find my devils in the castle willing to hand it over.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-12, 06:53 PM
State, quite content, stands (or more aptly, floats) up. He looks around.

"A beautiful exchange. But how do we leave?"

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 11:53 AM
"Hold yourself a moment. They stumble that run fast." The archdevil seems to lean back in his chair and steeple his shadowy fingers. "I have a couple questions about how you plan to use my devils, before we conclude the deal. Tell me about your organization, this K.N.A.V.E.S. Mr. Hyde has told me only little of it."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 12:15 PM
State's eyes gleam. He loves this speech.

"The illustrious Killing of the Not Able to Vote Ending Solution is a goal among goals, one that our party strives for.

Indeed, kills for.

Imagine a world of pure law and order. A world where every man, woman, and child...even the dead, even the unborn, knows your name. You are the State. You are their master, and you know what is best for them. They are yours to command, and that is because they are you. They are the people, they are the State.

These devils will help fight the cause to connect two states.

State of being...

And Clergyman State.

After all, I am the State, THE State. It is my right, and the grand likes of Sir Conviction are helping me to realize that dream."

He leans in closer to the Archdevil. He most assuredly has this memorized.

"Be proud. In being part of the dream, you, too, are part of the State. And the State finds only victory in the end."

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 05:59 PM
"Nice speech," Sir Conviction comments.

"Impressive." It is difficult to tell just how impressed the archdevil really is, as his face is obscured and tone leaves no clues. "This group of your sounds like a powerful force for law...I shall be keeping an eye on you."

He continues,"However, there is an additional price that I would like to add to our deal."

Conviction gives a sigh, apparently having an idea of what is coming.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 06:02 PM
"Merchants, all of you."

State sulks, his expression bitter despite the compliments.

"Well? Out with it."

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 07:49 PM
((Apologies about posting once and disappearing...mother's day and all that.))

The archdevil points a shadowy finger at Sir Conviction, "The Grey Knight's Armor and Sp-"

Conviction forcefully interrupts him with, "We went over this before, and the answer is no."

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 07:50 PM
State puts a hand on his chin.

"What would that be, Conviction?"

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 07:53 PM
Conviction turns to State. "He wants my armor and my spear. And I am not going to give them to him."

The archdevil is silent for now, apparently deciding to let State and Conviction discuss the matter for a moment.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 07:55 PM
"Conviction is more valuable to me than a few additional troops. You have your demands, and I'd like those souls returned if you don't intend to meet ours."

State looks stern, crossing his arms.

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 08:00 PM
The archdevil shakes his head. "No, its quite alright. You shall have your troops. If its convenient, I will teleport you back now. The troops will arrive soon after."

Conviction idly fingers an artifact in his cloak, and a telepathic message is sent to State. Be careful, no devil of his power would give up on what they want so easily.

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 08:05 PM
Deep down, all devils are as petty as men.

And with that, KER-POF, they teleport.

I assume.

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 08:09 PM
And with a nod from Conviction, just what Necro said happens.

((So did State just teleport them, then? Or were you just assuming the archdevil was going to? Pretty much the same either way, though.))

NecroPaladin
2007-05-13, 08:16 PM
((Pretty much the same way. Deadtiming now, so he'll get to headquarters when I return, be it soon or tomorrow morning.))

Warpfire
2007-05-14, 07:31 PM
The archdevil laughs evilly as his study loses plot status.