PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator 2: Started

Pages : [1] 2

Abardam
2007-05-13, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the second incarnation of
Gladiator

The rules:
Every round, players may activate one stance and execute one attack. Attacks are executed as so:
Attacker rolls attack against his target's defense.
If the attack roll exceeds the defense roll, the attack hits.
The attacker then rolls damage.
At the end of the round, all damage is tallied, and everyone makes a vitality roll. If damage exceeds a player's vitality, the player loses a life.
If the damage exceeds twice the max vitality roll (12 for 1d6, 16 for 1d8, etc), that player loses 2 lives instead. Likewise, if it exceeds thrice the max, the player loses 3 lives, and so on.
If you lose a life, you cannot act for the rest of the round.
Players with 0 lives are dead.

Order of events:
Shouts and stances are applied before the round starts.
Effects of actions (ex: damage, ability loss, conditions) take place at the end of your phase (phase, not round).
Payment for actions (ex: Psi loss, life loss from Desperation Strike) take place at the beginning of your phase.
Vitality is generally rolled at the start of your phase (if you took damage), and then again at the end of the round, if you took any more damage. (Damage is reset to 0 after the first roll.)

All players start with:
1d6 damage
1d6 attack
1d6 defense
1d6 vitality
1d6 psi
A number of lives depending on team size (see below)

Players also start with a number of points (also depending on team size, see below) to customize their character. They may purchase passive skills, stances, special attacks, special maneuvers, shouts, and psionic powers with these. Players may not purchase a skill more than once.

(Whenever an attribute is marked with a '+', this means an increase in die size. If it is marked with a '-', this means a decrease in die size.)

Conditions:
Stunned: A player who is stunned may only use a stance for one round. For example:
There are three gladiators: Speed, Smasher, and Swordsman.
Round 1:
Pre-phase:
Speed goes first, as he is Rushing.
Main Phase:
Smasher stuns Swordsman.
Swordsman still gets to go, as the stunning happens after the phase.
Round 2:
Pre-phase:
Speed goes first again.
Main Phase:
Smasher stuns Speed.
Swordsman is stunned.
Round 3:
Pre-phase:
Speed is stunned.
Main Phase:
Swordsman is not stunned anymore.

Blinded: A player who is Blinded takes Attack- and Defense-. Whenever that player attacks there is a 50% chance he attacks someone else.

For clarification:
'hits': Overcomes defense
'deals damage': Overcomes vitality
Automatically unlocked stuff:
Fighting defensively [stance]: Defense+ Attack-
Fighting aggressively [stance]: Attack+ Defense-
Sprint [special]: You may not be the target of attacks this round, you may not use this the round after you use this

Passive skills: These skills are always active.

Strength: Damage+
Dexterity: Attack+
Agility: Defense+
Constitution: Vitality+
Stealth: Player may PM actions to me, instead of posting
Fortitude : If you lose a life in a round, you do not lose your action.
Blind-Fight: You do not suffer the 50% miss chance while Blinded.

Stances: A player may choose to use one stance each round.

Rush: Player's initiative increases by 1, defense-
Rage: Damage++ defense-
Frenzy: Attack++ vitality-
Power Attack: Damage++ attack-
Combat Expertise: Defense++ attack-
Shield Other: Grants defense++ to one ally
Flank: Grants attack++ to one player who also attacks your target
Perfect Clarity: Defense++ vs one opponent (your choice), defense- vs all others
Juggernaut Stance: Defense-- Vitality+++
Spring Attack: You do not count as attacking when it would be beneficial to you (such as determining extra damage from Counterattack)/ Attack+

Special Attacks: These skills replace your regular attack. Effects after the slash affect the player.

Net: Target's initiative decreases by 1 / damage-
Sunder: Target loses 1 attack* if it hits / attack- (does no damage)
Shield Break: Target loses 1 defense* if it hits / attack- (does no damage)
Impale: Target loses 1 vitality* if it deals damage/ attack-
Weakening Strike: Target loses 1 damage* if it deals damage/ attack-
Stunning Smash: Target is stunned for 1 round if it hits / attack- damage-
Counterattack: If your target is attacking you, this attack is at Attack+ Damage+.
Whirlwind Attack: Attack all who attack you
Two-Weapon Fighting: Attack twice / attack-
Leap Attack: / attack+ damage+ defense--
Coup-de-Grace: Lower initiative attack; if it hits, and target's life is 1, target dies instantly/ Attack-
Desperation Strike: Lose 1 life / Attack+ Damage+++
Enraged Smash: / Damage+ for every attack skill you have that is enabled
Hulk Smash: /Attack+ and Defense- for every point of Damage you have more than the target (i.e. If you have 1d12 Damage, and your target, has 1d6 damage, you gain Attack+++ Defense---)
Hamstring : Target player may not use Sprint next round / Attack-
Falling Spider: If your target is stunned, he loses 1 Vitality
Eye Strike: If you hit, target is Blinded for 2 rounds/ Attack-
Shield Bash: If you hit a target whom you successfully defended against last round, and this attack deals damage, your target is stunned for 1 round
Skull Smash: If you hit, target loses 3 Psi/ Attack-

*permanent, non-stacking

Special maneuvers: You cannot activate a stance or attack/use psionics in a round where you use any of these.

Repair: Restore target's permanent attack and defense damage by 1
First Aid: Restore target's permanent damage and vitality damage by 1
Taunt: Target must attack you next round, but takes defense- for 1 round
Two-Weapon Rend: Target player who you hit twice last round loses 1 vitality. This takes place before the round's actions start
Blinding Powder: Target player is blinded for 2 rounds
Caltrops: All who attack you this round lose 1 Initiative
Shield Body: All attacks directed at target player this round are instead directed at you

Shouts: You may use a shout at any time, even if you also attack or whatever. After you use a shout, you may that shout again until x+1 rounds have passed, where x is the number of players affected. You must always post your shout publicly, even if you have Stealth. The effects of shouts take place at the start of the round. Man, I'm stealing so much from Guild Wars.

Charisma [passive]: You may use shouts. You still have to buy the shouts as separate skills

“Everybody to the Limit!” [multi-target shout]: targets' Attack+ Damage+ for 1 round, you may not this shout for an additional 1 round (i.e. If you affect yourself and one other player, you may not use this shout for 4 rounds instead of 3)
“You are on the Way to Destruction!” [single-target shout]: If target's life is at less than half of maximum, he takes Attack- and Damage- for 1 round
“I Will Survive!” [personal shout]: If you are at less than half of your maximum life, for 1 round, you gain Vitality++ for every foe attacking you; you also gain Defense+ for the round
“Halt!” [single-target shout]: Target may not Sprint this round
“Hammer Time!” [multi-target shout]: The next time targets use an attack with Smash in the name, the target of the attacks is stunned for an additional round (if the attack does not stun, it stuns for one round) if it hits
“Charge!” [multi-target shout]: Targets have Initiative+ for 1 round
“It's Just a Flesh Wound!” [personal shout]: If you would lose a life this round, and you would die due to this, you instead do not lose a life. You may only use this shout once per game
“The Power is Yours!” [multi-target shout]: For x rounds, you take Damage-- and all targets gain Damage++, where x is the number of targets. You may not target yourself with this shout
“Go for the Eyes!” [multi-target shout]: The next time target attacks, if he rolls the maximum on his attack roll and hits, he may add that value to his Damage roll

Psionics:
New attribute: Psi, 1d6; Psi automatically regenerates at the rate of 1 per round, at the end of each round;
New action: Psionics, replaces attack;
New status: Concentration: While concentrating, you may not use a stance, attack, use psionics, or use a special maneuver. You take Defense--, and if you are damaged, you lose your concentration

Intelligence [passive]: Increase Psi by 1

Expansion [stance]: Damage+, Defense-, Vitality+, Initiative+/ required: 1d4 Psi/ pay 1 Psi (Augment: Damage ++, Defense--, Vitality++, Initiative++/required: 1d6 Psi/ pay 2 Psi)
Telekinesis [stance]: Replace your Attack score with your Psi score. If you have Dexterity, the bonus from that skill is still applied/Attack+
Biofeedback [stance]: Replace your Vitality score with your Psi score. If you have Constitution, the bonus from that skill is still applied/Vitality+

Diversion [psionics]: If target is using a special attack or a psionic power, he may not use it again for 3 rounds/ required: 1d6 Psi/ Pay 2 Psi
Migraine [psionics, concentration]: Roll Psi against your target's Psi; if you succeed, target loses 2 Psi every round while you are concentrating. After you stop concentrating, you may not use Migraine again for x rounds, where x is the number of rounds you spent concentrating. If your target is reduced to 1d2 Psi while under the effects of this power, you stop concentrating, and your target is stunned for 1 round/ required: 1d6 Psi/ Pay 2 Psi/ concentration requirement: 1d4 Psi
Mind Thrust [psionics]: Roll Psi against your target's Psi; if you succeed, target loses 1 life/ required: 1d6 Psi/ Pay 3 Psi
Silence [psionics, concentration]: Target cannot use shouts as long as you are concentrating on Silence/ required: 1d6 Psi/ Pay 2 Psi every round/ concentration requirement: 1d4 Psi

All attacks happen simultaneously (unless initiative-modified), and all actions must be posted here (unless you are using Stealth). Up to 1 change may be taken, in either case.

Team Battles
Before the game starts, players are grouped into teams of 3, 2, or 1. A team wins if the last players remaining are among its members. (Basically, if it's the last team standing.)
Team Configuration:
3 players: 4 life each, 5 skills each
2 players: 6 life each, 6 skills each
1 player: 8 life, 8 skills

Dice stacking goes like: 1d2 - 1d4 - 1d6 - 1d8 - 1d10 - 1d12 - 1d14 - 1d16... and so on. Yeah, yeah, they don't really exist.

Teams:
Team Castaras (Castaras*, Heretic*)
Team Bath (Dr Bath*, Selrahc*)
Captain van der Decken* (solo)
Meynolds* (solo)
Lucid Archon (solo)
Team Zar Peter (Zar Peter*, Warpfire*)
DarkCorax* (solo)
Calamity* (solo)
Silkenfist* (solo)
Orzel* (solo)
Jagg* (solo)
Eldritch Knight (solo)
Funkyodor* (solo)

*ready

Game starts next week, on Monday, 21 May. Finalize teams and skills before then.

Castaras
2007-05-13, 08:09 AM
Question - Can we choose our teams?

And are the automatically unlocked stuff stuff everyone gets?

Abardam
2007-05-13, 08:11 AM
Indeed! Also, pick a team leader.

Castaras
2007-05-13, 08:12 AM
Okay then.

I'll post my stats after I've had a talk with someone.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-13, 08:37 AM
Question: how long between rounds? Because if they are very frequent I always end up missing deadlines.

Otherwise I would like to join this game

Abardam
2007-05-13, 08:46 AM
Every 2-3 days.

@Castaras: Yes, everyone gets those.

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-13, 09:07 AM
In!

Like I said on the last thread, could I be the solo guy? I'll think up stats soon.

And can I set a template for my moves? Thinking of what happened last game. >.>

Meynolds
2007-05-13, 09:09 AM
I'm in.

I'd like to be on a team of one, if possible.

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-13, 09:29 AM
Oh, for the psionics "lasts as long as you concentrate" can you use actions while concentrating?

Didn't notice the answer. :smallredface:

Dr. Bath
2007-05-13, 09:30 AM
2-3 days sonds just about right. Could you have an automatic response if you're busy/have brocken internet/away?

And yes I'm in, preferably on a team

Lucid_Archon
2007-05-13, 11:36 AM
I'd like to throw my hat in again. Solo, just so I can go for an even more destructive juggernaut this time...:smallamused:

Warpfire
2007-05-13, 11:41 AM
I'd like to join. Though I'm starting to wonder how the solos will balance out with the teams, especially with the number we're getting...I'll trust you on this one, though.

A question: how many people does a 'multi-target shout' effect? Maybe I just suck at reading, but I'm not seeing anything telling about it.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess I'd like to be on someone's team.

Abardam
2007-05-13, 11:51 AM
Regarding teams: Call Gladiator a work in progress. And call yourselves guinea pigs playtesters. If it doesn't work, I'll fix it next game.

Regarding shouts: You can target any number of players (list 'em in your post), but see the stuff about shout usage (you may not use another shout until x+1 rounds have passed, where x is the number of players affected).

Zar Peter
2007-05-13, 12:10 PM
I like to play in a team please (Maybe Warpfire if he likes?)

Stats will be selected when I have the time to read them :smallsmile:

Question: When I'm on Holidays (one week) is it possible to sign up a team-mate who decides for me?

Selrahc
2007-05-13, 12:32 PM
I'm in. A team of two would be great.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-13, 01:46 PM
Can I be on your team Salrahc? You played last time so know the ropes and I only just about know what I'm doing, aperfect match!

heretic
2007-05-13, 01:49 PM
*PMs Castaras*

Alright then...this should be interesting.

DarkCorax
2007-05-13, 02:57 PM
I'll sign up, I'll probably go 2 man team, so someone PM me if you are interested...

heretic
2007-05-13, 04:06 PM
The defending co-champion of the arena enters...bigger...badder...stealthier than ever...

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Shield Other
Stealth
Two-Weapon Fighting

Signing up with team Castaras.

Castaras
2007-05-13, 04:09 PM
And the second of the co-champions whispers in, cold, sword ready for the attack. She nods to Heretic, disappearing into the shadows, waiting for the call to battle.

Blinding powder
Dexterity
Constitution
Shield Other
Stealth
Two-Weapon Fighting

Signing up with Team Heretic.

Selrahc
2007-05-13, 04:41 PM
Question: Is there any point in being in a team as opposed to just teaming up with someone but being counted as a solo player?

Dr Bath, sure I'll team with you.

heretic
2007-05-13, 05:49 PM
At the end, when it's just you and a teammate, you win as opposed to a bloody betrayal that has to happen to determine a victor.

Abardam
2007-05-13, 10:25 PM
@Zar Peter: Sure, I don't see why not.

EDIT: If you use a shout, it must be posted publicly, even if you have Stealth.

Selrahc
2007-05-14, 02:49 AM
At the end, when it's just you and a teammate, you win as opposed to a bloody betrayal that has to happen to determine a victor.

I'm still not really seeing a big downside there... Because it would be much more likely you both get to the end.

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-14, 10:36 AM
Dexterity
Agility
Constitution
Intelligence
Blind-Fight
Rage
Combat Expertise
Mind Thrust

Decken, risen from the dead(again) and wearing a bloodstained lion-pelt steps into the arena.

Calamity
2007-05-14, 10:42 AM
I somehow missed this starting last time, and I'll sign up.

Scratch the Team thing, I'll solo it, it'll be fun.

EDIT
Stats:
Combat Expertise
Counterattack
Stealth
Taunt
Constitution
Biofeedback
Agility
Whirlwind Attack

Silkenfist
2007-05-14, 01:23 PM
I'll go solo and have my configuration ready later this week.

Warpfire
2007-05-14, 03:36 PM
I like to play in a team please (Maybe Warpfire if he likes?)

Sure, that sounds good. We should probably stick with a two-person team, in my opinion.

Silkenfist
2007-05-14, 05:15 PM
One question: Does the use of Psionic Powers count as attack?

Zar Peter
2007-05-14, 05:23 PM
Sure, that sounds good. We should probably stick with a two-person team, in my opinion.

Great! I PM you. (But not today, got to get some sleep sometimes)

Meynolds
2007-05-14, 05:36 PM
Fighting defensively
Fighting aggressively
Sprint
Dexterity (1d8)
Agility (1d8)
Constitution (1d8)
Strength (1d8)
Power Attack
Combat Expertise
Spring Attack
Two Weapon Fighting

Final Stats:
Stat: Normal/Fighting Defensively/fighting aggresively/Power Attack/Combat Expertise/spring attack
Strength (damage) 1d8/1d8/1d8/1d12/1d8/1d8
Dexterity (attack) 1d8/1d6/1d10/1d6/1d6/1d10
Agility (defense) 1d8/1d10/1d6/1d8/1d12/1d8
Constitution (health) 1d8/1d8/1d8/1d8/1d8/1d8

Orzel
2007-05-14, 05:39 PM
Orzel want play

ALONE

Strength
Agility
Constitution
Whirlwind attack
Eye Strike
Intelligence
Telekinesis
Two-Weapon Fighting

edited

Vonriel
2007-05-14, 10:35 PM
Hmm, looks interesting.. I'll sign up as well, solo unless someone wants me. :smalltongue:

Edit: Quick question: I assume once a stance is activated during a round, it stays active until either a stun affect or you switch, right? And could you explain Enraged Smash for me? Not sure I get what the qualifiers at the end mean.

And the benefit of a team should be obvious: You know that your team won't backstab you at any point in the game, since it would hurt both of you. That's really the main benefit, in my eyes. Though Abardam, you should think about added in mechanics for team-based abilities.

Jagg
2007-05-14, 11:42 PM
I'm going solo unless someone wants to team up in which case I will amend the following :smallcool:

+agility
+strength
+dexterity
Stealth
Combat expertise
Whirlwind attack
Mind thrust
blinding powder

JAGG

Abardam
2007-05-15, 01:50 AM
@Silkenfist: Powers replace attacks in a round, but they do not count as attacks, per se (ex. for determining Counterattack damage).

@Vonriel: You have to declare a stance every round, and it stays active until the end of the round, yes. I put in that text at the end so that, say, one of your attacks got Diversion'd, it wouldn't count. Enraged smash counts as an attack, itself.

Also, while I was taking a bath, it occured to me that Telekinesis doth sucketh mightily. Biofeedback also. I mean, two skill points for one bonus stat. So I'm buffing it. Somehow.

@Meynolds: You can't put more than 1 skill point in any skill.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-15, 11:38 AM
Dr. Bath wanders into the ring.
"He looks mighty confident, Les."
"That he does Ray, but he does have operatic training which some say makes all the difference."

Net Attack
Shield other
Dexterity
Fortitude
Taunt
Strength

Abardam
2007-05-16, 03:35 AM
Why do you have Charisma, and no shouts?

DarkCorax
2007-05-16, 09:28 AM
Meh, I think I will go solo actually...

1d8 damage
1d8 attack
1d8 defense
1d8 vitality
8 Lives

Passive Abilities:
Strength: +
Dexterity: +
Agility: +
Constitution: +
Fortitude: If you lose a life in a round, you do not lose your action.
Stealth: PM attacks instead of posting them.

Stances:
Fighting defensively: Defense+ Attack-
Fighting aggressively: Attack+ Defense-
Rage: Damage++ defense-

Special Attacks:
Two Weapon Fighting: Attack twice / attack-

Special Maneuvers:
Sprint: You may not be the target of attacks this round, you may not use this the round after you use this

Sprint is a special Maneuver right?
and, With TWF, can you attack two seperate people, or just one?

Edit: V dang... missed that...

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-16, 09:29 AM
You can only take a skill once, by the way.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-16, 11:01 AM
Oh, I thought you got the shouts with charisma. Otherwise shouts are underpowered as you have a cooldown, have to spend an extra skill point and most of the shouts are only useable in specific circumstances.

Maybe you could give some shouts with charisma and the rest with an extra skill point.

Eldritch Knight
2007-05-16, 11:06 PM
I'm in. Solo.

Stats:

1d8 Damage
1d8 Attack
1d8 defense
1d8 vitality

Two-weapon Fighting
Whirlwind Attack
Combat Expertise
Power Attack

Funkyodor
2007-05-17, 01:26 AM
I think I'll try this out. My very first structured forum game.

Strength: +
Dexterity: +
Agility: +
Constitution: +
Fortitude
Blind-Fight
Rush
Leap Attack

'Wearily the FunkyGladiator paces in his cage prior to the match, sizing up his opponents.'

V Ok, so only one + to anything... Umm... Character change! Rock on Funkmeister Odorificus! Yarr!

DarkCorax
2007-05-17, 03:26 AM
^ you two.

Abardam
2007-05-17, 06:10 AM
@Bath: Well, I could just make the cooldown specific to one shout, instead of shouts in general. (i.e. you can use one shout on one round, and another shout on the next round, while that shout is cooling down.) Anyway, I don't think shouts are underpowered, as they are free actions.

Nevertheless, upon further inspection, the 'at 1 life' things are probably underpowered (I wrote them when the max life was just 3) and will be changed to something like 'at half of full' or something.

@DarkCorax: You can attack different targets, or one target. Whatever.

Also I had a horrible nightmare where the game took excruciatingly long, because everybody has lots of lives. So, there's a new rule on damage.

Zar Peter
2007-05-18, 06:13 AM
My stats:

strenght +
constitution +

frenzy
flank

weakening strike
taunt

Warpfire
2007-05-18, 02:39 PM
My Stats:

Agility
Charisma
Strength

"Everybody to the Limit!"

Leap Attack
Combat Expertise

Abardam
2007-05-20, 03:28 AM
Just so you know, game starts tomorrow. And 4 players (Selrahc, Silkenfist, Lucid Archon, Eldritch Knight) are still not yet ready.

Selrahc
2007-05-20, 06:28 AM
Constitution ++
Agility ++
Stances- Juggernaught
Frenzy

DarkCorax
2007-05-20, 07:06 AM
^

That rule sooms to be catching alot of people out (including me...)

Abardam
2007-05-20, 07:08 AM
There's a limit on the number of times you can buy individual skills now. (This is to stop people taking Strength like 8 times or something. Yes, I am looking at you, Lucid Archon.) Also, aren't you in a team of 2?

Selrahc
2007-05-20, 07:22 AM
There's a limit on the number of times you can buy individual skills now.

Darn.

Okay, will redo.

Also, aren't you in a team of 2?

Yes. With Doctor Bath.

I didn't take more than six points of stuff did I?

Constitution
Strength
Agility
Juggernaught Stance
Power Attack Stance
Hulk Smash Attack

Um... that okay?

Abardam
2007-05-20, 07:25 AM
Looks alright.

Silkenfist
2007-05-20, 02:53 PM
The Silken Gladiator is up for a rematch:

Dexterity
Agility
Constitution
Stealth
Intelligence
Combat Expertise
Whirlwind Attack
Shield Break

Abardam
2007-05-21, 05:45 AM
I was going to start it now, but two people are still not yet ready.
-Lucid Archon (no stats yet)
-Eldritch Knight (invalid stats due to new rule on skill limits)

So I'm extending it to tomorrow.

Jagg
2007-05-21, 05:51 AM
NOoooOOOooOOOOoooOOOOooo

Ok I'm good now

Abardam
2007-05-22, 07:08 AM
Okay, I'm starting the game. Since Lucid Archon and Eldritch Knight have not yet given their characters, they're out, unless they send them in before the end of the first round, on Friday.

{table]Name|Lives|Effects
Castaras|6|
Heretic|6|
Dr Bath|6|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|6|
Warpfire|6|
Captain van der Decken|8|
Calamity|8|
Orzel|8|
Meynolds|8|
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|8|
Funkyodor|8|
Silkenfist|8|
[/table]

Castaras
2007-05-22, 09:37 AM
So the end of the first round is Friday, right?

Abardam
2007-05-22, 09:40 AM
Yep. Actions in before then. Hopefully the dice roller will be fixed by then, too...

Lucid_Archon
2007-05-22, 10:44 PM
Whoa, greatly distracted lately..:smallredface:
Sorry 'bout the wait.

Constitution
Fortitude
Blind Fight
Juggernaut Stance
Whirlwind Attack
Charisma
"I Will Survive"
"It's just a flesh wound."

Dr. Bath
2007-05-23, 01:46 PM
Who to attack, hmmmm. Whoever I do attack will start trying to kill me and that ain't good.

Anyhoo, I illustrated my gladiator.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/path35294.png

heretic
2007-05-23, 04:56 PM
Would it be possible to color code names on the table so we can see who's on who's team?

Black could be solo and then each team gets a color.

Silkenfist
2007-05-23, 05:10 PM
Who to attack, hmmmm. Whoever I do attack will start trying to kill me and that ain't good.

Anyhoo, I illustrated my gladiator.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/solarturtle/path35294.png

Correct. That's why I am such a huge fan of Whirlwind Defense. You don't hurt anyone but you are on auto-retaliation in case someone tries anything stupid.

BTW: Note, that I have WWD activated and will only switch away from it if I am attacked...in which case I will have to kill you. Sorry in advance.

Jagg
2007-05-24, 12:57 AM
@ Silkenfist

But surely that is what the psionics is for? I'm not physically attacking you therefore you shouldn't go all WWD on my ass. (RULE CHECK!!)

{note the above is in no way an indication that I will be attacking you with psionics, I'm just enjoying poking imaginary holes in your defence} :smallcool:

Abardam
2007-05-24, 05:12 AM
Yep, manifesting psionics doesn't count as an attack, since you're not really attacking. Anything else (such as say, moving your weapon with your mind -this is telekinesis in case people start complaining) counts. I thought I answered this already.

@Dr Bath: Bodacious!

And in response to Heretic's suggestion, all team leaders choose a primary or secondary color now.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-24, 07:48 AM
Purple. I want purple. It's empirical.

That or red

Zar Peter
2007-05-24, 08:04 AM
If Warpfire agrees we would take dark red.

That or white!

Funkyodor
2007-05-24, 08:06 AM
The cages open, blinking at the bright light of noon Funkygladiator steps into the mighty coliseum. The slain 'contestants' of the previous round of fighting litter the sandy arena. The croud screaming, the sun beating, his heart pounding. Gripping his mighty spear, focusing his bloodlust he runs to pick up speed and spies his first victim DarkCorax. (Come on legs don't fail me now!) With a mighty below, incredible speed, and '300' leaping ability; Funkygladiator will Rushing Leap Attack DarkCorax and skewer him with his vicious spear of viciousness.

Zar Peter
2007-05-24, 08:10 AM
First action from me: I will attack Meynolds with a weakening strike.

Orzel
2007-05-24, 08:47 AM
Orzel draws his battleaxe and 3 of his daggers and uses his Telekinesis to make a Whirlwind of blades around his body.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-24, 10:52 AM
Shield other (Selrahc) and Net attack Meynolds.

"Dr. Bath seems to be going straight for the jugular there Les."
"That's right Des, if by 'going for' you mean throwing and 'jugular' you mean net."

Selrahc
2007-05-24, 02:15 PM
Juggernaught Stance

Hulk Smash Meynolds

Dr. Bath
2007-05-24, 03:02 PM
@ Abardam, are you accusing me of being insolent or enormous?

Meynolds
2007-05-24, 03:19 PM
Fighting Aggressively

Two Weapon Fighting to attack Dr. Bath

Warpfire
2007-05-24, 03:42 PM
Dark red sounds find to me. I perform a Leap Attack on Meynolds.

The dark-armored, crimson-helmed gladiator Warpfire strides into the arena, swing his massive two-handed sword above his head. With a nod to Zar Peter, he advances on the beleagured Meynolds. Halfway to the opposing gladiator, he gives a roar and leaps into the air, intent on landing with his sword inside Meynolds.

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-24, 04:24 PM
'Hokay...

Brandishing his axe, Decken focuses his mind on Orzel and squeezes.

(Combat Expertise, Mind Thrust on Orzel.)

Selrahc
2007-05-24, 05:40 PM
Purple. I want purple. It's empirical.

That or red

Purple. Purple is stylish.

heretic
2007-05-24, 07:51 PM
Castaras and heretic will use gray, like the shadows they hide in.

Eldritch Knight
2007-05-24, 09:34 PM
Two-weapon fighting Heretic

Mr_Saturn
2007-05-24, 10:34 PM
Nooo, i missed the sign up date. darn. :smallfrown: But anyone mind me illustrating their gladiator? i might try doing that.

Jagg
2007-05-25, 12:27 AM
Not at all - have fun:smallcool:

Mr_Saturn
2007-05-25, 12:35 AM
Actually, i just realized that i was using my brother's computer, i broke my old with which could draw... :smallfrown:

So im out of commission right now.

Abardam
2007-05-25, 02:57 AM
Extremely cool, most excellent, "that is bodacious!"

Test roll: 1d6

Holy crap, the dice roller is still not up. I'll ask the mods about doing it in the Dice Rolls subforum for now. (I am not doing it in Invisible Castle.)

Selrahc
2007-05-25, 03:44 AM
Test roll: 1d6

Holy crap, the dice roller is still not up. I'll ask the mods about doing it in the Dice Rolls subforum for now. (I am not doing it in Invisible Castle.)

I was going to suggest you physically roll it, but then I remembered that some of these dice don't actually exist.

Just use a random number generator? You're a neutral third party, I certainly trust you to roll the dice.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-25, 04:22 AM
Is the round over now?

Abardam
2007-05-25, 05:01 AM
Invisiblecastle is a random number generator. Anyway, yes, the round is over, and I lied (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1066400).
1, 2, 3) Funkyodor attack, damage, DarkCorax defense
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) attack (x2), damage (x2), Dr Bath defense (x2)
10, 11, 12) Zar Peter attack, damage, Meynolds defense
13, 14, 15) disregard plz
16, 17, 18) Selrahc attack, damage, Meynolds defense
19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24) Meynolds attack (2x), damage (2x), Dr Bath defense (2x)
25, 26, 27) Warpfire attack, damage, Meynolds defense
28, 29) psi, Heretic psi
30, 31) psi, Orzel psi
[6] = (6)
[7] = (7)
[6] = (6)
[2] = (2)
[6] = (6)
[6] = (6)
[8] = (8)
[7] = (7)
[1] = (1)
[3] = (3)
[2] = (2)
[1] = (1)
[1] = (1)
[1] = (1)
[1] = (1)
[1] = (1)
[3] = (3)
[8] = (8)
[4] = (4)
[3] = (3)
[8] = (8)
[3] = (3)
[5] = (5)
[6] = (6)
[3] = (3)
[1] = (1)
[5] = (5)
[5] = (5)
[1] = (1)
[7] = (7)
[1] = (1)

I will be making sense of this in a bit.

EDIT: Wait, I completely managed to fail to take into account the stances!

really really real rolls now:
1, 2, 3) Funkyodor attack, damage, DarkCorax defense 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) attack (x2), damage (x2), Dr Bath defense (x2) 10, 11, 12) Zar Peter attack, damage, Meynolds defense 13, 14, 15) disregard plz 16, 17, 18) Selrahc attack, damage, Meynolds defense 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24) Meynolds attack (2x), damage (2x), Dr Bath defense (2x) 25, 26, 27) Warpfire attack, damage, Meynolds defense (1d10=6, 1d10=5, 1d6=4, 1d8=4, 1d8=3, 1d8=6, 1d8=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d4=4, 1d8=3, 1d6=6, 1d1=1, 1d1=1, 1d1=1, 1d6=4, 1d8=2, 1d6=6, 1d8=1, 1d8=4, 1d8=6, 1d8=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d8=4, 1d10=1, 1d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1066464)

Round 1
Pre-phase:
Funkyodor gets the jump (ha ha, get it? because he's using leap attack, and is also first?) on DarkCorax, dealing 5 damage!
Main phase:
Someone blinds Funkyodor!
Calamity taunts Funkyodor to attack him!
Even though he was most grievously wounded (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1066468), DarkCorax toughs it out!
Someone slashes at Dr Bath in fury! He misses, though.
Dr Bath attempts to net (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1066471) Meynolds, but is evaded.
Zar Peter attempts to strike at Meynolds' arm, but is blocked.
Selrahc smashes Meynolds, but is blocked! (Seriously, he's on a roll.)
Warpfire leaps at Meynolds, but deals ineffectual damage!
Meynolds attacks Dr Bath twice, and is blocked at both attempts.
Eldritch Knight tries to attack Heretic, but Heretic is nowhere to be found.
Orzel and Heretic are stricken with blasts of psychic energy!
Oh yah, and Lucid Archon is mauled.

Abardam
2007-05-25, 06:00 AM
Round 1 Results

Castaras|6|
Heretic|5|
Dr Bath|6|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|6|
Warpfire|6|
Captain van der Decken|8|
Calamity|8|
Orzel|7|
Meynolds|8|
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|7|
Funkyodor|8|Blinded (until R3), Taunted (Calamity)
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|8|
Lucid Archon|7|[/table]

Next round on: Tuesday. Send in actions before then.

Funkyodor
2007-05-25, 08:37 AM
Quickly pulling the vicious spear from DarkCorax’s midsection and nimbly jumping back, the Funkygladiator notices that it was just a flesh wound. More must be dealt to finish off these sturdy foes. A small buzzing can be heard as the Funkygladiator swats at his neck. “Huh? What was that?” His heart starts beating faster as an unquenchable rage begins to build. “RAAARGH!” His eyes focus on Calamity only to be clouded in a sudden puff of white. *Fade to black* Aaaagh, my eyes! Think, Listen, Remember. Calamity was there. Listen. *Sound of shuffling feet* *Screams of pain* *Shouts of victory* *Someone smirking* There he is! There’s that impudent little laugh of victory. Gripping the vicious spear of viciousness Funkygladiator will Rushing Leap Attack Calamity (or who he hopes is Calamity).

(Actions are pretty easy to decide when you're taunted and blind.)
(Get the jump on… Comedy gold I say. Anymore pun’s and we’ll pun-ish you. hah hah hah!)

Eldritch Knight
2007-05-25, 10:23 AM
Whirlwind Attack

Orzel
2007-05-27, 05:14 AM
Orzel lifts his daggers with his Telekinesis and tries to strike the eyes of Decken

Lucid_Archon
2007-05-27, 12:03 PM
Whirlwind Attack + Juggernaut Stance

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-27, 12:27 PM
Decken expertly swings his axe at Orzel.

Selrahc
2007-05-28, 11:51 AM
Juggernaught Stance

Hulk Smash Meynolds

Dr. Bath
2007-05-28, 12:00 PM
Dr. Bath shields other-Selrahc and Nets Meynolds

'Team Bath is picking up the pace here in the second round, Les.'
'Thats right Des, After being attacked from more than one side in the last round you can be sure that Dr. Bath is paranoid.'
'True Les, but in situations like these, a net really is a man's best friend.'

Meynolds
2007-05-28, 12:14 PM
Meynolds fights with expertise, while attacking Dr. Bath with two weapons.

Zar Peter
2007-05-28, 01:19 PM
I make a flanking attack agains Funkyodor

Abardam
2007-05-29, 06:08 AM
@Zar: You have to pick a target for your flanking. I'm assuming you're doing it with Warpfire, but as Warpfire didn't attack...

Round 2

Funkyodor: Blindness (1 is attack normally, 2 is attack random player) (1d2=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073244)
Funkyodor attacks Heretic (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073247)!

Funkyphase

Funkyodor, in his blindness, leaps at Heretic (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073250) (instead of Calamity) but he is blocked!

Main Phase
Someone attacks Jagg twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073253), but he (or she) is skillfully parried!
Someone else attacks Heretic with whirlwind attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073259), but misses!
Someone attacks the off-balance Funkyodor (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073268) twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073271) striking, once, for 4 damage!
Orzel daggers the Captain in the eye (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073275), with his mind! He takes 6 damage!
Captain van der Decken, using Combat Expertise, retaliates (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073278), but misses!
Selrahc smashes Meynolds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073281) to no avail!
Dr Bath protects Selrahc and tries to net Meynolds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073284), who evades!
Meynolds, using Combat Expertise, attacks the doctor twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073287) and hits once, for 5 damage!
Zar Peter also attacks Funkyodor (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073290) but (somehow) misses!
Warpfire, Calamity, and DarkCorax are mauled!

Vitality rolls for: Funkyodor, Captain, Doctor (1d8=4, 1d8=5, 1d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1073293)

Funkyodor resists his damage, but the captain and the doctor are not as lucky.

Abardam
2007-05-29, 06:14 AM
Round 2 Results

Castaras|6|
Heretic|5|
Dr Bath|5|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|6|
Warpfire|5|
Captain van der Decken|7|Blinded (until R4)
Calamity|7|
Orzel|7|
Meynolds|8|
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|6|
Funkyodor|8|Blinded (until R3)
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|8|
Lucid Archon|7|[/table]

Whew, eventful round. Well, compared to Gladiator rounds in general. Next round on: Friday! Send in actions before then.

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-29, 08:47 AM
Raaargh! Expertise stance.

Decken flails blindly at Orzel.

V >.> oops. Probably forgot that I edited.

Abardam
2007-05-29, 09:22 AM
Hey, you don't have that.

Also, looking back at the thread, it appears that I overlooked Vonriel. Sorry. :smalleek:

Warpfire
2007-05-29, 11:40 AM
What?! Ah, damn...I was hoping it would be longer into Tuesday...oh well. Sorry Zar.

DarkCorax
2007-05-31, 08:33 AM
Damn. I'm sure I had said I was going to be away... ah well, thas what happens when you are in too many games...

Warpfire
2007-05-31, 01:49 PM
Leap attack on the good Captain van der Decken.

Zar Peter
2007-05-31, 01:52 PM
Frenzy attack on the Captain van der Decken

Meynolds
2007-05-31, 03:15 PM
Meynolds fights with expertise, while attacking Dr. Bath with two weapons.

Dr. Bath
2007-05-31, 03:46 PM
A Defensive Net at Meynolds

'Looks like this is turning into some kind of grudge, Les.'
'So it does, Des.'
'And to think, it all started because the Doctor couldn't think of anyone to attack, Les.'
'It seems he could have made a better decision, Des.'
'That he could Les, that he could.'

Also, if Selrahc doesn't make the deadline
Juggernaught Stance

Hulk Smash Meynolds

Selrahc
2007-05-31, 04:34 PM
*Makes Deadline*

*Agrees with Baths choice of my action*

Orzel
2007-05-31, 05:26 PM
Orzel uses his telekinesis to attack Decken with both his battleaxe and dagger.

Funkyodor
2007-06-01, 12:27 AM
The Funkygladiator circles the arena, trying not to trip or bump in to any sharp pointy things. Hears someone and Rushing Leap attacks Calamity. Hopefully I connect this time.

Abardam
2007-06-01, 09:07 AM
Round 3

(1) Funky (2) CVDD (1d2=2, 1d2=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079271)

Funkyodor attacks the other blind guy! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079274) (Looking at my files, it appears he has Blind-Fight. Sorry, Funkyodor.)

Pre-main Phase

Funkyodor misses his mark and attacks the Captain instead, blindly! Decken hears him coming and turns to block!
Funkyodor jumps on (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079350) Calamity, who calmly steps aside.

Main Phase

The blinded Captain attacks Orzel (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079280)! Orzel evades, steps backwards, and sends his weapons right back (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079292)! However, they both fall short of the mark.
Warpfire also tries to have a piece of Decken (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079299), and springs at him! However, he is deftly evaded!
Even the Frenzied Zar Peter fails to strike (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079306) the surprisingly evasive (is that the right word) captain!
DarkCorax takes advantage of the disoriented Funkyodor, striking twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079313) for 14 damage total!
A pair of shadowy figures unleash a flurry (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079316) of attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079319) on the now weakened Funkyodor, striking 3 times, for 15 damage total!
All of a sudden, white powder is thrown from out of nowhere into Heretic's eyes! He is blinded!
Meynolds attacks Dr Bath twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079328), and each time he is blocked!
The good doctor retaliates with a net (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079331), but Meynolds finds a way to avoid it. Selrahc, too, attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1079334), but Meynolds quickly sidesteps.

The beat-upon Funkyodor, who took 29 damage (!!!), loses 4 3 lives. However, he can see clearly now.

Also, Lucid Archon, Calamity, and Eldritch Knight are mauled. (You should consider giving me a template or something.)

Abardam
2007-06-01, 09:11 AM
Round 3 Results

Castaras|6|
Heretic|5|Blinded (until R5)
Dr Bath|5|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|6|
Warpfire|5|
Captain van der Decken|7|Blinded (until R4)
Calamity|7|
Orzel|7|
Meynolds|8|
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|6|
Funkyodor|5|
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|7|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]

Holy damage magnet, Funkyodor! At least he's not blind anymore. (Also: Yes, I screwed up on the blind thing. Which means he probably shouldn't have attack Heretic last round. Anyway, good thing I remembered in time, because I already had this 'blind attacking the blind' thing formulating.) Next round is on Monday! Send in actions before then.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-01, 10:33 AM
Phew!

Expertise, attacking Orzel. Again.

Funkyodor
2007-06-02, 07:28 AM
(open to music)
"I can see clearly now the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way..."

Picking himself up off the dusty arena floor and trying to staunch the steady flow of blood from his gut, back, legs, neck... Man what isn't bleeding. If only he could have seen the ID of the bullies that dared to trounce him up. Oh well, he had to guess *pulls out a red/white orb*... I CHOOSE YOU CAS-TAR-AS! Rushing Leap Attack at Castaras!

Dr. Bath
2007-06-02, 02:32 PM
Does everyone realise that Silkenfist and Jagg are just hiding and using whirling defense? 'Cos soon everyone's going to be partially damaged and they'll be laughing, laughing at us.

Just sayin'

Orzel
2007-06-02, 02:48 PM
I figured that out last round. But, I'm busy.

Orzel uses his telekinesis to attack Decken with both his battleaxe and dagger.

Lucid_Archon
2007-06-03, 02:19 PM
Busy these days, so...
TEMPLATE:
Unless I post otherwise: Juggernaut Stance + Whirlwind Attack

Dr. Bath
2007-06-03, 03:05 PM
Defensive net attack Meynolds again

for Selrahc if he doesn't turn up
Power Attack stance
Hulk smash Meynolds

Meynolds
2007-06-03, 06:30 PM
Expert Two Weapon Attack against Dr. Bath, again.

Selrahc
2007-06-04, 05:21 AM
We're going to bring you down eventually Meynolds. :smalltongue:

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-05, 05:24 PM
Two weapon fighting Meynolds.

Meynolds
2007-06-05, 06:46 PM
We're going to bring you down eventually Meynolds. :smalltongue:

My question is how long will it take?

Abardam
2007-06-05, 11:17 PM
Round 4
Heretic finds his mark (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086508), and so does Captain van der Decken (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086562).

Funkyphase
Funkyodor leaps at an opening... and gets it! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086503) He strikes Castaras for 4 damage!

Main Phase
Castaras resists the damage! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086556)
Someone from out of the shadows strikes Funkyodor twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086511), for 9 damage!
Someone else also strikes Funkyodor twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086549), for 10 damage!
The third person to strike twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086559), DarkCorax unleashes a searing 16 damage!
The captain's attack is parried (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086565) by Orzel! Who counterattacks twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086571), but the blinded captain expertly evades!
Meynolds attacks twice, striking Dr Bath on his second attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086588), for 2 damage!
The doctor in turn attacks with a net (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086582), dealing 1 damage, but catching Meynolds in his net!
Selrahc seems to grow in size as he attacks Meynolds, but he is blocked (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1086597).
Eldritch Knight takes a swing at Meynolds, which is easily avoided. However, he manages to hit with his off-hand weapon (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1087320) for 5 damage!
Calamity taunts Funkyodor.

Funkyodor takes 35 damage! and loses 4 lives.
Meynolds takes 6 damage, and loses 1 life (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1087341).
Dr Bath resists (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1087349) his 2 damage.
Team Zar Peter is mauled by lions.

Abardam
2007-06-05, 11:21 PM
Round 4 Results

Castaras|6|
Heretic|5|Blinded (until R5)
Dr Bath|5|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|4|
Captain van der Decken|7|
Calamity|7
Orzel|7|
Meynolds|7|Netted
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|6|
Funkyodor|1|Taunted (Calamity)
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|7|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]

Wow. Beaten upon by his adversaries, Funkyodor is on his last life! Oh and Meynolds is netted too I suppose. Next round is on: Friday! So send in your actions before then.

Dr. Bath
2007-06-06, 04:53 AM
Anyway,
defensive stance, attack Meynolds

Edit: doesn't look like Selrahc is going to make it so,
Juggernaught stance power attack Meynolds

Meynolds
2007-06-07, 04:36 PM
Combat Expertise, Two Weapon Fighting Attacking Dr. Bath.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-07, 05:11 PM
Combat Expertise, Mind Thrust Orzel.

Jagg
2007-06-07, 05:56 PM
So wait Meynolds,

You're attacking me and you're netted??

M'Okay!:smallbiggrin: Somehow I think this will hurt you more than me.

JAGG

Meynolds
2007-06-07, 06:07 PM
I really should read through abilities more thoroughly before attacking.

Funkyodor
2007-06-08, 12:59 AM
Picking himself off the dusty arena floor, again, Funkygladiator Screams in fury at Calamity for reason's unknown. "All right, thats it!", he shouts. Gripping his vicious spear of viciousness in his hands, he brings ito over his knee and snaps it in half. "Calamity I'm coming for ya!" His shortened spear in hand he Aggressively Leap Attacks Calamity.

(Edit: I feel like I'm on the Stabbity Death page with all the Stabbity I've been getting.)

Zar Peter
2007-06-09, 05:38 PM
I get frenzy and attack Meynolds

(Where is Warpfire???)

Abardam
2007-06-10, 12:04 AM
Update: I have no internet at the moment, so I'm putting this game on temporary hold until it's fixed, as I don't feel like calculating all the attacks without my handy-dandy Excel spreadsheet. Besides, I have little internet time here.

Sorry.

Jagg
2007-06-11, 06:16 PM
Hey Abardam,

When you have time do you think you can give the players an ETA on when you will be back on board?

JAGG

Selrahc
2007-06-11, 06:55 PM
Or PM us when you're back to updating?

heretic
2007-06-11, 06:57 PM
Just subscribe to the thread and wait for the update.

Abardam
2007-06-15, 05:11 AM
Back! You'll probably get PMs from me anyway, because the subscription system is messing with me.

Round 5
Main Phase
Funkyodor stabs Calamity (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102902) for 7 damage, but not before Calamity counters, and slashes him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102905) for 4 damage and Castaras hits him once (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102908) for 3 damage.
Dr Bath attacks Meynolds, (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102914) but Meynolds parries!
Zar Peter frenziedly slashes at Meynolds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102918), wounding him for 3 damage!
Selrahc smashes through Meynolds' defenses (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102921), hammering him for 8 damage!
Orzel is attacked by an invisible force (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102925), but he manages to resist! (He is still mauled.)

Funkyodor succumbs to his wounds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1102931), becoming the first casualty! But not before wounding Calamity for 1 life!
Meynolds, too, cannot resist, and loses 1 life!
Also! Eldritch Knight, DarkCorax, Orzel, and Warpfire are mauled.

Abardam
2007-06-15, 05:14 AM
Castaras|6|
Heretic|5|
Dr Bath|5|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|
Calamity|6|
Orzel|6|
Meynolds|6|Netted
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|5|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|6|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]
Funkyodor's is the first blood spilled (made a lot of enemies, that man). Whose will be next? Next round: on Monday! (Assuming my internet doesn't give out on me again.)

Selrahc
2007-06-15, 06:04 AM
Same as always, just me doing it this time.

Juggernaught Stance. Hulk Smash Meynolds

EDIT: Actually I'm changing my action, we're allowed to do that once right?

Power Attack Stance. Hulk Smash Meynolds

Zar Peter
2007-06-15, 06:30 AM
After Warpfire doesn't seem to participate here I will flank Selrahc and attack Meynolds

Dr. Bath
2007-06-15, 07:48 AM
Zar Peter, if you want you can do Warpfires attacks for him while he is not participating, as you are on the same team.

Attack Meynold, attacking stance

Meynolds
2007-06-15, 09:29 AM
Fighting with expertise, attacking Dr. Bath with two weapons!

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-15, 09:51 AM
Rage, attacking Orzel.

Zar Peter
2007-06-15, 05:46 PM
Zar Peter, if you want you can do Warpfires attacks for him while he is not participating, as you are on the same team.

Attack Meynold, attacking stance

Thank's, forgot!!!

Warpfire makes an leap attack against Meynolds, if he don't join himself.

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-15, 09:29 PM
two weapon fighting meynolds again.

Orzel
2007-06-16, 12:36 AM
Telekinetic Eye Strike on the Capt.

Abardam
2007-06-18, 07:56 AM
@Zar Peter: It's flank with Selrahc.

Round 6
Main Round
Warpfire leaps (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108953) at Meynolds, but is skilfully evaded! Eldritch Knight's two attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108958), two, are blocked! Suddenly, someone attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108961) him, but he is able to block the unseen attacker!
Zar Peter and Selrahc[/url] corner Meynolds! Peter (or is it Zar) misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108947), but distracts him enough for Selrahc's smash (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108944) to hit! For 7 damage!
Dr Bath also aggressively attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108950), striking for 6 damage! (Ignore wrong die size plz)
Silkenfist is pummeled by an invisible force (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108966), but he manages to fight it off!
Orzel sends a dagger flying (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108970)at the captain, but he manages to grab it inches away from his right eye! He throws it back at its owner (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1108973), but it falls short!

Meynolds loses 1 life! Castaras, Heretic, and Calamity are mauled!

Abardam
2007-06-18, 08:02 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|5|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|
Calamity|5|
Orzel|6|
Meynolds|5|Netted
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|5|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|6|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]
Is Meynolds the new Funkyodor? Will Silkenfist finally start attacking? What's happened to Castaras and Heretic, who are normally never mauled? And why do Captain van der Decken and Orzel keep rolling ones? Find out the answers to (most) of these questions next round - on Wednesday!

Selrahc
2007-06-18, 08:15 AM
I think you got my damage and Meynolds defence mixed up, since I'm doing 1D12 damage.

Which means I did 3 damage. But that doesn't really matter I don't think.

Anyway, Selrahc Smash again! Same as last round.

EDIT: Oh, he has a 1D12 defence. Then I guess you just rolled a too small damage dice for me. Not that I mind.

Meynolds
2007-06-18, 08:28 AM
Fighting with expertise, again. Two Weapon attacking Dr. Bath. Again.

Castaras
2007-06-18, 09:49 AM
Nevermind, was thinking of wrong action...:smallredface:

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-18, 10:07 AM
Heh.

Expertise, attacking Orzel.

Abardam
2007-06-18, 10:09 AM
@Selrahc: What? You were in Juggernaut Stance, as I recall.

EDIT: Oh crap, I just saw it now. Man. Sorry, Selrahc.

In the future, please post your changes, as I tend to not check past posts after I've read them.

Selrahc
2007-06-18, 10:19 AM
In the future, please post your changes, as I tend to not check past posts after I've read them.

Right. Will do.

Calamity
2007-06-18, 01:27 PM
Ooh, damn.... my PM must've got eaten or something (last time I try to send a PM from Blackpool then....) because I remember writing it but its not in my 'sent' list

Orzel
2007-06-18, 07:45 PM
Telekinetic Eye Strike on the Capt. again

Dr. Bath
2007-06-19, 03:15 PM
Hahahahaha!!!

attacking(aggressive) attack meynolds. Attack!
My net has spelt your DOOOM, Meynolds. Hahahahahaha!!!!!

-from Dr Bath

edit: aw nuts, why's everyone attacking me now?

Sprint

Zar Peter
2007-06-19, 04:00 PM
Zar Peter: Frenzy at Dr. Bath

Warpfire: shouts "Everybody to the limits" at Zar Peter and himself, attacking Dr. Bath

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-19, 04:13 PM
Hmm...

Two-weapon fighting Dr. Bath.

Abardam
2007-06-20, 09:27 AM
@Dr Bath: Dude, what did I just say.

Round 7
Main Phase
Dr Bath runs off, Zar Peter, Warpfire, Eldritch Knight, and Meynolds (at the end of the pack) chasing after him!
Selrahc Power Smashes Meynolds! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112644) for 1 damage.
Orzel retrieves his dagger and hurls it at the captain again! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112649) He nimbly sidesteps and slashes! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112656) Orzel manages to roll aside at the last moment!
From out of the shadows come a flurry of blows against the slowed Meynolds! The first (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112661) manages to nick him for 1 damage, the second, third (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112667), fourth, and fifth (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112671), he manages to block, and the last series (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112678) deals him 4 damage!

Meynolds resists his wounds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1112682)!
Nobody is mauled! (What a surprise!)

Abardam
2007-06-20, 09:33 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|5|Cannot use Sprint until R8
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|Cannot use EttL until R11
Calamity|5|
Orzel|6|
Meynolds|5|Netted
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|5|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|6|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]
Nobody is damaged, in any way! (Except maybe pride.) Next round on Friday!

Dr. Bath
2007-06-20, 09:55 AM
Sorry, I didn't see your post. In future I shall try to remember.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-20, 11:15 AM
*Sighs*

Meynolds
2007-06-20, 11:32 AM
Eight attacks against me, and I don't take a life of damage? Is that a record?

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-20, 04:40 PM
Whirlwind Attack

Orzel
2007-06-20, 05:49 PM
Telekinetic Eye Strike on the Capt. again... again

*sigh*

Selrahc
2007-06-21, 03:59 AM
I've only got a 1D8 attack with a hulk smash power attack? Shouldn't the extra damage dice make me hit better?

Anyway...
Selrahc: Hulk Smash Power Attack Meynolds

Dr Bath: Attack Meynold, attacking stance

Abardam
2007-06-21, 07:26 AM
Yep. 1d6 (your regular attack) + 2 (from HS) - 1 (from PA) adds up to 1d8.

Meynolds
2007-06-21, 09:02 AM
Combat Expertise, two weapon attack Dr. Bath. Is this getting repetitive or what?

Zar Peter
2007-06-21, 09:14 AM
Warpfire: Leap Attack Meynolds

Zar Peter: Flank with Warpfire at Meynolds

Selrahc
2007-06-21, 10:37 AM
Oh Darn. Looking back at my character creatiion I suddenly realize my mistake.... Took the defence increase instead of the attack increase. Too late to change it now. Ah well.

Abardam
2007-06-22, 10:21 AM
Round 8
Main Phase
Selrahc slams his weapon at... (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116125) the ground in front of Meynolds, because he avoided it! His teammate Dr Bath takes this advantage to slash at him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116127), dealing 2 damage!
Two pairs of (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116129) shuriken are thrown (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116131) from the darkness! Two hit Meynolds, for 8 damage, total!
Zar Peter gets in a savage slash (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116133), striking for 8 damage, and opening Meynolds up to a devastating diving stab attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116135)from Warpfire, which struck for 10 damage!
Calamity taunts Meynolds.
Orzel sends his weapon in the Captain's general direction (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116141), but it misses by a few meters! Decken runs at Orzel (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116148), but he trips on his own feet!

Meynolds takes 28 damage, and loses 3 lives! DarkCorax is mauled!

Abardam
2007-06-22, 10:24 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|5|
Selrahc|6|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|Cannot use EttL until R11
Calamity|5|
Orzel|6|
Meynolds|2|Netted, Taunted
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|4|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|6|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]
Update: Yes, it is starting to look that Meynolds is the new Funkyodor. (Only slower, and with 10 points more defense.) And it also looks like Captain van der Decken and Orzel are cursed to be forever locked in combat, rolling ones until the end of time. Next round on Monday!

Meynolds
2007-06-22, 10:43 AM
Goodbye, oh cruel world.

Combat Expertise, Two weapons attacking Calamity.

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-22, 02:40 PM
TWF Meynolds

Orzel
2007-06-22, 08:33 PM
Captain van der Decken, you are worthy combatant.
You are now my rival.

Again?

Telekinetic Eye Strike!

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-23, 12:54 AM
Again!

Selrahc
2007-06-24, 07:14 AM
Selrahc: Hulk Smash Power Attack Meynolds

Dr Bath: Attack Meynold, attacking stance

That again.

Zar Peter
2007-06-24, 01:51 PM
Time for a change

Warpfire: Leap attack Selrahc

Zar Peter: Flank with Warpfire at Selrahc

Abardam
2007-06-25, 06:57 AM
Round 9
Main Phase
Eldritch Knight slashes twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119628) at Meynolds... but he is blocked!
Dr Bath strikes (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119633) for 5 damage! Someone tries to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119639) Meynolds, but he(or she) is blocked!
Selrahc tries to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119632) Meynolds, but he is sidestepped at the last moment! Revealing the pointy end of Zar Peter's sword (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119637)! He takes 2 damage! And Warpfire comes in from behind (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119635) for 5 damage!
Finally Orzel strikes the Captain in the eye (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119641) for 4 damage! But not before... Mr van der Decken... kind of... waves his weapon around for a bit (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119647).
But Orzel has no time to celebrate his victory, for he is struck by two pairs (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119648) of attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119650), and, well, only one attack found its mark, actually. For 5 damage!
Post-main Phase
Meynolds grits his teeth (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119652) and launches a counterattack! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119654) Which Calamity easily parries.

Orzel resists! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119656) But lo, his adversary, the Captain, does not (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1119658)! Selrahc also takes damage!
DarkCorax is mauled!

Abardam
2007-06-25, 06:59 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|5|
Selrahc|5|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|No EttL until R11
Captain van der Decken|6|Blinded until R11
Calamity|5|
Orzel|6|
Meynolds|2|Netted
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|3|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|6|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]

The game takes a turn for the... different, as the twins and Team Zar Peter both switch targets. But that pales in comparison with the fact that one of the duelists actually hit! Oh and Meynolds survived I guess.
Next round on: Wednesday!

Meynolds
2007-06-25, 09:01 AM
I . . . live?

Fighting with expertise, two weapon attack against Dr. Bath.

DarkCorax
2007-06-25, 10:23 AM
wait... I sent in this round I'm sure... :smallconfused:

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-26, 01:28 AM
Combat expertise, mind thrusting Orzel.

Orzel
2007-06-26, 03:34 AM
Telekinetic Whirlwind attack

for 2 round sine I'm going to Atlanta 'til Saturday.

Zar Peter
2007-06-26, 04:37 AM
Warpfire: Leap attack Selrahc

Zar Peter: Flank with Warpfire at Selrahc

Dr. Bath
2007-06-26, 10:18 AM
Now, Zar Peter, what have we done to incurr your wrath? We shouldn't be fighting each other, we should be fighting the other, even stronger people.

Shield Selrahc, attack Meynolds

Dr. Bath
2007-06-26, 04:12 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I'm not sure if Selrahc will make it so,

Juggernaught stance hulk smash Meynolds

Abardam
2007-06-27, 06:44 AM
Round 10

Main Phase
Orzel is pounded (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123000) with psychic force! Also, two figures approach him... no, wait, they're switching targets... to Selrahc!
Two shuriken (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123002) fly out... and thwok on Dr Bath's wooden shield! A shadowy figure jumps out and slashes twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123004), but Selrahc dodges! And out of the corner of his eye, he can see Zar Peter, who slashes at him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123006); he turns, but is cut for 1 damage!
He does not see Warpfire leap at him from behind (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123008), but once again, Dr Bath has his "back" and blocks!
Selrahc charges at Meynolds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123013), but he is sidestepped! Dr Bath, too, does so (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123015), but he, too, is blocked! SUDDENLY, white powder is thrown into Selrahc's face! He is blinded!
Captain van der Decken is attacked from behind (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123010) twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123012) (sorry about this)! He is slashed open by the first, but evades the follow-up! 5 damage!
Calamity steps out of the shadows... to make a rude gesture at Meynolds!

Second Phase
Meynolds is finally able to counterattack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123019)! Dr Bath stops his first blow, but his second connects solidly! 8 damage!

Captain van der Decken is overwhelmed by pain! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1123021) Dr Bath cannot sustain his wound! Orzel reels from the mental blow! Selrahc... well, come on, you don't need Juggernaut Stance to take 1 damage, seriously.
Eldritch Knight is mauled!

Abardam
2007-06-27, 07:00 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|4|
Selrahc|5|Blinded until R12
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|No EttL until R11
Captain van der Decken|5|Blinded until R11
Calamity|5|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|2|Netted, Taunted (Calamity)
Jagg|8|
DarkCorax|3|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|5|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]

Whew. A recap of the game so far:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/abardam/stuff/sketch0041.jpg
Next round on Friday! Monday!

Meynolds
2007-06-27, 11:11 AM
Fighting with expertise, two weapon attacking Calamity.

Dr. Bath
2007-06-27, 12:06 PM
Curse you Jagg and Team Castaras! I know who you are!!

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-27, 03:02 PM
TWF Dark Corax

Zar Peter
2007-06-27, 03:08 PM
Warpfire: Leap attack Jagg

Zar Peter: Flank with Warpfire at Jagg

Dr. Bath
2007-06-27, 03:20 PM
defensive stance Net attack Jagg

Jagg
2007-06-27, 05:40 PM
Gee so that whole stealth thing works well when Abardam lets everyone know who everyone's been attacking. :smallfurious:

I'll change my previous action Abardam to

Combat expertise Whirlwind Attack

JAGG

Abardam
2007-06-28, 06:15 AM
Well, to be fair, the skill description is that your action is hidden before the start of the round. I just thought it would make for a cooler description. Seriously though, it's kinda easy to guess who's been attacking. (Now, in Gladiator 1, there was a difficult guess. Same attack, same damage, and often the same target.)

Anyway, apparently I won't have Internet on the weekend, so the next round is on Monday.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-28, 09:19 AM
Combat Expertise, attacking.. uhh.. Dark Corax.

Dr. Bath
2007-06-29, 10:57 AM
Edit:Taunt Jagg

Dr. Bath
2007-07-01, 03:23 PM
For Selrahc:Juggernaught stance, attack Jagg

Jagg
2007-07-01, 05:39 PM
So lets get this right,

The Taunt means I must attack Dr Bath, and it appears I cannot Use WWA because he is not attacking me directly (and hence I cannot defend against all the other attacks against me).

If this is correct Abardam I will need to change my action.

If the Taunt still counts as an attack I will remain Combat Expertise WWA

If the taunt forces my hand, I will SPRINT to Dr Bath and fight aggressively.

If I cannot sprint (it's listed as a "special" so I'm not sure if it's a stance, attack, or if I can use it in response to a Taunt) I will Combat Expertise and Mind Thrust Dr Bath.

Hope thats clear

Abardam
2007-07-01, 06:59 PM
Taunt does not count as an attack. It's a 'special' move.
You can't attack while sprinting. You'd still be affected by the taunt, though.
Third one looks about right.

Abardam
2007-07-02, 06:02 AM
Round 11

Main Phase

Jagg screws his face in concentration as he tries to blast Dr Bath with psychic force (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131339); the doctor is momentarily stunned, but shakes it off. "Is that the best you can do?", he taunts, laughing. Selrahc comes in, brandishing his weapon, and slams it hard into Jagg. (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131344) Or into the ground where Jagg was standing a while ago, more like. Anyway, Zar Peter takes advantage of this to slash at Jagg (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131349), but he is blocked! Warpfire, however, coming from behind, is able to jump-slash (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131351) Jagg into... a thing, that has been jump-slashed. 4 damage!
Meanwhile, other people are doing other things. Two shadowy figures come out of the darkness to attack Selrahc, twice each! He is slashed twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131353) and stabbed twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131355), for 16 damage!
Calamity tries to get in a pre-emptive strike (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131357) at Meynolds, but he is blocked!
The eldritch knight and the captain (who finds his target (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131365))both try to attack DarkCorax, but he is nowhere to be found! So I guess he didn't find his target after all.

Post-phase

Meynolds slashes at Calamity twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131359)! The first one is expertly deflected away, but his followup attack hits, for 7 damage!

Vitality Rolls

Selrahc (d12 vitality) loses a life! Calamity (d6 vitality) loses a life! Jagg bleeds some more (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1131362), losing a life!

Abardam
2007-07-02, 06:06 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|4|
Selrahc|4|Blinded until R12
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|
Captain van der Decken|5|
Calamity|4|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|2|Netted
Jagg|7|Taunted(Bath)
DarkCorax|3|No Sprint
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|5|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]
We have resumed normal schedule. Next round on Wednesday!

Jagg
2007-07-02, 10:19 PM
Hang on I reread the rules and it appears that - I'm taunted NOW, for this round not last round?

So I could have in fact done a WWA and hit everyone that attacked me last round?

But....I ....asked.....

The Taunt means I must attack Dr Bath, and it appears I cannot Use WWA because he is not attacking me directly (and hence I cannot defend against all the other attacks against me).

If this is correct Abardam I will need to change my action.

You could have told me this was incorrect Abardam. In fact I'm sure my instruction said... If

Abardam
2007-07-03, 05:43 AM
That... is correct. You couldn't have attacked him with WWA as he did not directly attack you.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-03, 09:15 AM

Dr. Bath
2007-07-03, 03:44 PM
Run awaaaaay!! (sprint)
Selrahc will also sprint

Zar Peter
2007-07-03, 03:56 PM
Zar Peter: weakening strike at Castaras

Warpfire: leap attack Heretic

Orzel
2007-07-03, 05:21 PM
Telekinetic Whirlwind attack

Watch Captain van der Decken and I roll ones.

Jagg
2007-07-03, 05:40 PM
That... is correct. You couldn't have attacked him with WWA as he did not directly attack you.

But what is not correct is that I HAD to attack him last round (and let everyone else get a free shot in to attack me)

Funkyodor
2007-07-03, 06:10 PM
Ahh, relaxing up in the clouds with the halo on is soo cool. Lucky for me halos are in style at the moment. Man that was a real bad build I had there. Going first was great, but 1d2 defense was just piss poor. Wonder what's on TV? Ahh, Gladiator 2! What! No fatalitys since I've been gone? Wow, I guess I just crashed and burned. *Grumble grumble, people complaining about being ganged up on and loosing 1 life, 1 life... wish I only lost one life at a time... grumble grumble*

Abardam
2007-07-04, 05:36 AM
@Jagg: Oh. I thought that what you meant by that was that you absolutely had to attack Bath. Anyway you're defaulting to a regular attack vs Bath this round, as you haven't sent in an action yet.

@ Funkyodor: Observation/hypothesis!That was probably because you got the ire of the TWF-ers.

Round 12

Jagg runs after Dr Bath.
The two assassins run after Selrahc.
Suddenly! Zar Peter jumps out and attacks Castaras (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1134393)! However, Heretic spots him and imposes his buckler between them! Warpfire takes advantage of this to jump at him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1134399)! He merely grazes him, though. 1 damage.
Captain van der Decken stabs at Orzel (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1134407) and miraculously hits! For 3 damage! Orzel has his vengeance, because Captain van der Decken did not notice the floating dagger behind him. Orzel plunges it in with his mind (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1134409) for 7 damage!

Meynolds, Calamity, DarkCorax, and Eldritch Knight are mauled! Captain can der Decken chokes up blood (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1134411)! Orzel doesn't (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1134415)!

Abardam
2007-07-04, 05:41 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|4|No Sprint
Selrahc|4|No Sprint
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|
Captain van der Decken|4|
Calamity|4|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|1|Netted
Jagg|7|
DarkCorax|2|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|
Eldritch Knight|4|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]
Orzel gets the upper hand! Is this the start of a trend? Also, a team manages the guts to attempt hostile action against those two stealthy guys! (The other two are dead or secure in their life total.) Meynolds is down to his last life! WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT
on Friday!

Meynolds
2007-07-04, 10:22 AM
Combat Expertise, two weapon fighting Dr. Bath.

Orzel
2007-07-04, 11:03 AM
Telekinetic Eye Strike on Lucid Archon

Floating daggers, yo!

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-04, 02:54 PM
I forget.. do I have all my Psi back?

If I do, Expertise, Mind Thrusting Lucid. If not, Expertise, attacking Lucid.

Zar Peter
2007-07-04, 05:23 PM
Warpfire: Leap attack Silkenfist
Zar Peter: Flank with Warpfire at Silkenfist

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-04, 07:50 PM
Combat Expertise Power Attack TWF Meynolds. (Assuming I can actually do that, if not, just TWF)

Lucid_Archon
2007-07-04, 09:26 PM
Attacking Captain van der Decken using juggernaut stance. :smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2007-07-05, 03:13 PM
Hmmm, Selrahc seems to have disappeared, for whatever reason. Very strange.

Dr. Bath Defensive stance, Net Attack Castaras

Selrahc: Juggernaugt Stance, Hulk smash Castaras

Dr. Bath
2007-07-06, 03:33 AM
I'm going to be away, and Selrahc is nowhere to be found, so for round 14 I'd like to do the same thing as in round 13

(Dr. Bath Defensive stance, Net Attack Castaras

Selrahc: Juggernaugt Stance, Hulk smash Castaras )

Abardam
2007-07-06, 08:03 AM
Round 13

Main Phase

Orzel throws his dagger (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137854) with his mind at Lucid Archon! It strikes for 5 damage!
The Captain edges toward Lucid Archon and strikes (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137852), but Lucid manages to get his shield up in time! He retaliates (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137856), but his attack falls short!
Warpfire and Zar Peter chase after Silkenfist!
Dr Bath throws his net at Castaras (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137858), but it is evaded! Selrahc in turn takes a swing (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137860) at it, and he strikes her for 2 damage!
Calamity suddenly appears and charges at Meynolds (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137864), striking for 2 damage! He is joined by Eldritch Knight, who attacks twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137867), but is blocked twice!
Jagg is assaulted by two cloaked figures! Seeing them, he shifts into a defensive stance! One slashes him with two daggers (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137870), which he easily evades, and the other stabs at him with two shortswords (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137872), which he both parries! He then slashes at Dr Bath (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137874), but his weapon is parried out of his hand! (No actual mechanical effect.)

Post-phase
Meynolds starts to walk towards Dr Bath, but is stopped by Calamity's inflicted wound (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137882), which was deeper (apparently) than expected! He collapses to the ground!

Lucid Archon shrugs off his wound! (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137885) Castaras recovers (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1137887)!

Abardam
2007-07-06, 08:06 AM
Castaras|5|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|4|
Selrahc|4|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|3|
Calamity|4|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|0|DEAD
Jagg|7|
DarkCorax|2|
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|8|No Sprint
Eldritch Knight|4|
Lucid Archon|6|[/table]The second casuality is Meynolds! A victim of randomness (and Net, which I should really put a duration on), he succumbs to Calamity's attack! Next round is on Monday!

Calamity
2007-07-06, 10:10 AM
SECOND BLOOD!! :smallbiggrin:

I would've complained that it wasn't steahlth, but I killed him, so nyeh!

Orzel
2007-07-08, 03:53 PM
Telekinetic Eye Strike on Lucid Archon

Go Zoon!

Zar Peter
2007-07-08, 03:58 PM

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-08, 04:32 PM
Expertise and Mind Thrust on Lucid Archon.

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-08, 07:28 PM
TWF DarkCorax

Abardam
2007-07-09, 07:31 AM
Round 14:

Main Phase:
Selrahc smashes Castaras (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142405), but he overbalances and misses!
Dr Bath throws a net at Castaras (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142403), but Heretic blocks it! Speaking of Heretic, he then jumps out of the shadows, attacks Dr Bath (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142411) (who blocks), then somersaults over to Jagg and kicks him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142415) for 3 damage! Jagg retreats into the shadows, and momentarily, Heretic is blasted by psychic energy (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142418)! He is knocked off his feet, but he gets up, shaken but not seriously hurt.
Zar Peter corners Silkenfist, and manages to strike in a critical location (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142420)! Silkenfist takes 8 damage! Warpfire leaps at him, too (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142422), but Silkenfist hears his footsteps and twists, knocking him to the ground (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142424)! He also stabs him, for 7 damage! He also manages to strike Zar Peter (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142426), but his weapon only nicks him. (1 damage.)
Orzel hurls his dagger, telekinetically, at Lucid Archon's eye (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142429)! (Also, subtract 2 from his roll, as I forgot to add the penalty. But he hits anyway.) He strikes true, blinding his target and dealing 6 damage! But Lucid extracts the dagger and hurls it back (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142431), though Orzel manages to get out of the way!
Just then, the captain sends a blast of psychic force (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142433) at the blinded Lucid Archon, but he seems unaffected!
Eldritch Knight attacks the not-doing-anything DarkCorax! Twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142441), for good measure. And it is a good idea, because he hits for 5 damage on his second attack!

Castaras is mauled! DarkCorax is mauled, then loses another life (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142442) due to Eldritch Knight's attack! He collapses! Silkenfist loses some more blood (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142444)! Warpfire's wound deepens! Jagg remains standing (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142457)! Lucid Archon is unaffected (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1142449)!

Abardam
2007-07-09, 07:34 AM
Castaras|4|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|4|
Selrahc|4|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|2|
Calamity|4|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|0|DEAD
Jagg|7|
DarkCorax|0|DEAD
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|7|
Eldritch Knight|4|
Lucid Archon|6|Blinded until R16[/table]
Tag-teamed by the Lions and Eldritch Knight, DarkCorax becomes the third casualty! Silkenfist loses his first life (funnily enough, to the flanker, not the leap-attacker). Also, all of the psi-attackers (not including Orzel) are resisted!
What will happen next round, on Wednesday?

Jagg
2007-07-09, 06:00 PM
Abardam,

The target of my mind thrust was NOT Heretic - will you redo that roll please

JAGG

Dr. Bath
2007-07-10, 03:45 AM
But Jagg, it doesn't matter who you targeted, as your roll was a one and your roll will still be the same whoever you target, meaning that there is no way that you could have damaged anyone. So there's not much point complaining, except to show that you don't hate Heretic, but someone else.

Dr Bath-Defensive stance, Net Attack Castaras

Selrahc-Juggernaugt Stance, Hulk smash Castaras

Abardam
2007-07-10, 04:11 AM
Crap, sorry Jagg. Not sure why I put Heretic down. I think your action mightv'e been right before his (in my list). Anyway, yeah, the result would've been the same anyway.

Zar Peter
2007-07-10, 04:58 AM

Orzel
2007-07-10, 05:28 AM
Telekinetic TWF at Lucid Archon

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-11, 11:33 AM
Expertise, attacking Lucid.

Jagg
2007-07-11, 05:36 PM
So there's not much point complaining, except to show that you don't hate Heretic, but someone else.

Bingo Bath

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-11, 05:58 PM
TWF Decken

Abardam
2007-07-12, 09:03 AM
I wish I had a better reason for not updating than "I forgot to."

Round 15

Main Phase
Zar Peter performs a powerful attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147860) directed against Silkenfist, which creates a large furrow in the ground when Silkenfist steps out of its way! Warpfire takes advantage, landing on him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147864), dealing 3 damage! But then Silkenfist bursts out, blades spinning, slashing at Warpfire (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147898) and Zar Peter (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147901). However, both of them jump out of the way! Suddenly, a figure pops out of the ground and slashes at Warpfire (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147904)! He deals 4 damage!
Dr Bath throws a net at Castaras (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147849)! However, his attack is dodged! Selrahc attacks her also (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147850), but his blow clangs off Heretic's shield! Heretic then bashes Selrahc with it (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147852), dealing 6 damage, and then throws it at Jagg (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147854), who is caught unawares! The spinning shield solidly connects for 8 damage! It is followed by a pair of shuriken (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147907), which Jagg, recovering, deflects!
Orzel retrieves his dagger, pulls out his battleaxe, and hurls both at Lucid Archon (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147910), guiding them with his mind! Both connect, dealing 9 damage! (Total.) Captain van der Decken follows suit with his own weapon (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147913), dealing 2 damage! Lucid Archon then attacks him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147916), but it is blocked! He also attempts to retaliate against Orzel (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147918), but his blow falls short! Suddenly, Eldritch Knight slashes twice at the captain (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147914), but he dodges in time! All of a sudden (damn, I think I use that word too much) Calamity, from out of the shadows, lunges at him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147919) (Eldritch knight) dealing 4 damage!

Silkenfist resists the effects of Warpfire's blow (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147925)! Warpfire himself recovers (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147934)! Selrahc is left unstunned by Heretic's shield (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147928)! The same cannot be said for Jagg, who sees stars for a few moments! Lucid Archon finally takes some damage from the heated onslaught (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147930)! Eldritch Knight is left with a deep wound (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1147932)!

Abardam
2007-07-12, 09:06 AM
Castaras|4|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|4|
Selrahc|4|
Zar Peter|5|
Warpfire|2|
Calamity|4|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|0|DEAD
Jagg|6|
DarkCorax|0|DEAD
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|7|
Eldritch Knight|3|
Lucid Archon|5|Blinded until R16[/table]Everyone actually attacked someone this round! That is all.
Next round is on Saturday!

Zar Peter
2007-07-12, 09:11 AM

Dr. Bath
2007-07-13, 04:14 PM
Dr Bath-Defensive stance, Net Attack Castaras

Selrahc-Juggernaugt Stance, Hulk smash Castaras

I'm going to be away for a few days again, so I'm going to send you a template, Abardam.

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-14, 03:23 PM
Expertise, attacking Lucid.

Orzel
2007-07-14, 05:36 PM

Abardam
2007-07-14, 08:17 PM
Round 16

Main Phase

Zar Peter circles around Silkenfist to divert his attention from the charging Warpfire, who strikes succesfully (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151598)! He deals 9 damage! Zar Peter attacks (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151600), too, but Silkenfist parries, turns his blade, and smashes his shield (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151602)! (Reroll for Silkenfist (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151862), lowered attack) Zar Peter's defense is now 1d4!
Dr Bath throws a net at Castaras (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151607), but it is expertly evaded! Selrahc takes a swing (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151610), but Heretic parries it out of the way! He then leaps over Selrahc to throw two daggers at the doctor (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151612)! One hits, but it only scratches him. Unnoticed, Castaras sneaks up behind him and throws blinding dust in his face!
Orzel telekenetically attacks Lucid Archon with his weapons (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151614)! One misses by a mile, but the other strikes for 7 damage! Captain van der Decken also attacks Lucid Archon (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151620), and hits for 6 damage! Lucid Archon counterattacks against both! However, his attack against the captain (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151622) and the psion (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151624) both miss!
Eldritch Knight is assaulted by a cloaked Calamity, but he manages to parry in time!

Silkenfist and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151630]Lucid Archon (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1151628) both lose a life! Eldritch Knight is mauled! Lucid Archon is blinded no more!

Abardam
2007-07-14, 08:21 PM
Castaras|4|
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|4|Blinded until R18
Selrahc|4|
Zar Peter|5|Shield Break'd
Warpfire|2|
Calamity|4|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|0|DEAD
Jagg|6|
DarkCorax|0|DEAD
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|6|
Eldritch Knight|2|
Lucid Archon|4|[/table]Eldritch Knight (well, and Warpfire too, but he's been like that for a while) are close to death! Next round is on Monday!

Team Bath Actions
Dr Bath: Defensive stance, Net Attack Castaras
Selrahc: Juggernaut Stance, Hulk smash Castaras

Eldritch Knight
2007-07-14, 10:54 PM
Alright, since I'm at 2 hp, I'm open to making alliances.

Orzel
2007-07-17, 05:25 AM

Captain van der Decken
2007-07-17, 06:58 AM
Expertise, attacking Lucid Archon

Abardam
2007-07-17, 08:07 AM
Round 17

Main Phase

Dr Bath throws his net at the wrong target (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154690), and it hits Zar Peter (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154696) (after rerolling like 4 times)! Zar Peter is taken by surprise (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154698) (also, 2 damage) and is netted!
Silkenfist tries to break Warpfire's shield (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154705), but his attack glances off!
Selrahc tries to attack Castaras, but he cannot find her!
Heretic sneaks up behind Dr Bath and stabs him (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154714)! He deals 8 damage!
Captain van der Decken attacks the Lucid Archon (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154716)! His weapon however does not find its target! Lucid Archon counters (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154718), but he misses!
Orzel slashes Lucid twice with his floating weapons (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154724)! He deals 8 damage! He is attacked right back (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154726), but this attack misses.

Zar Peter is mauled! (Also netted, which he loses another life to (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154732).) Warpfire is mauled! Eldritch Knight is mauled! Dr Bath loses a life! Lucid Archon also loses a life (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1154729)! *Also Calamity is mauled.

Abardam
2007-07-17, 08:10 AM
Castaras|4|No Sprint next round
Heretic|4|
Dr Bath|3|Blinded until R18
Selrahc|4|
Zar Peter|3|Shield Break'd, Netted
Warpfire|1|
Calamity|3|
Orzel|5|
Meynolds|0|DEAD
Jagg|6|
DarkCorax|0|DEAD
Funkyodor|0|DEAD
Silkenfist|6|
Eldritch Knight|1|
Lucid Archon|3|[/table]Now the two are at 1 life! (Try not to get mauled.) Also Dr Bath Nets the wrong guy too I guess.
Next round is (hopefully) on Friday!

Also!
Dr Bath: Defensive stance, Net Attack Castaras
Selrahc: Juggernaut Stance, Hulk smash Castaras

heretic
2007-07-17, 08:33 AM
You forgot to subtract Dr. Bath's Life.