PDA

View Full Version : High INT, Low WIS?

Zhentarim
2015-09-15, 09:01 AM
What kind of character would that look like? Are there real life people like that?

Thialfi
2015-09-15, 09:05 AM
I believe you are looking for the absent minded professor type.

Or the guys in the Jurassic Park movies that keep making dinosaurs.

nedz
2015-09-15, 09:07 AM
"Ah, I've just figured out how to bypass the security locks on this doomsday device. Look, see"

Zhentarim
2015-09-15, 09:17 AM
"Ah, I've just figured out how to bypass the security locks on this doomsday device. Look, see"

Laugh out Loud!

J-H
2015-09-15, 09:22 AM
Someone who's somewhere along the asperger spectrum is likely to qualify.

MrNobody
2015-09-15, 09:23 AM
Taking the definitions of both abilities from the SRD.

Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons.

Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition. While Intelligence represents one’s ability to analyze information, Wisdom represents being in tune with and aware of one’s surroundings.

Putting the two together, i think that the character could be an absent-minded erudite, someone capable of abstractions but partially (or totally, it depends on how much its WIS is low) unable to apply what he knows to the real world, or someone so absorbed in his mental world made of theories, standard models and erudite quotes that he doesn't notice even the most obvious details.

Example
The group enters a temple
-Low-Wis-Guy: "What a fine example of dwarven architecture! Look at those pillars, they are for sure a copy of the one that adorned the ancient Temple ok Kragmal!"
-The Group's Scout: "Yeah, very interesting, but now let's look around and see if the area is safe"
-LWG: "You are right, dwarves usually protect their temples with several traps like pits, falling blocks, arrows from the walls..."
-Scout: "Ok, got it, now search for..."
-LWG: "... but we don't have to forget what Berronar O'Toole said in his Essay "On Dwarven Religious Architecture": the bigger the god, the deadlier the traps" so...
- Scout: "... so we are in a Moradin temple and.... FOR PELOR'S SAKE WATCH YOUR STEP!"
LWG triggers an unnoticed trap...

Obviously i overdid it, but with the necessary adjustment it should look something similar.

Nerd-o-rama
2015-09-15, 09:26 AM
Did you ever play a Metal Gear Solid game?

Did you ever meet anyone by the last name of Emmerich?

Those guys. The super-scientist wizard who is fully capable of designing giant death robots without realizing they could be used as offensive weapons. The genius who puts her intellectual pride and need for revenge over her own safety and the fate of worldwide civilization. Every single goddamn thing Huey Emmerich did, ever.

Thrudd
2015-09-15, 09:32 AM
Lots of real life people like that.
They would rely on logic and reasoning and knowledge, but have no intuitive sense, or don't trust their intuitive sense. Great ability to memorize things and identify patterns, but live in their heads most of the time, so they don't always have "common sense" that applies to every day life. They might try to analyze variables to figure out the solution to something that can't or doesn't need to be solved, like "should we go left or right". A character with better intuition would make a gut decision and say "when in doubt, follow your nose".

Joe the Rat
2015-09-15, 09:38 AM
There's a few variations on this one.

Wisdom drives perception, Intelligence drives methodology. This person has the attention of a microscope: oblivious to most things, but with laser-like focus on what is in front of them.

With knowledge & lore being tied heavily to intelligence, "Bookwise, not Streetwise" works as well. (note this can work with high or low charisma too: You can know how to act in social situations, but do a lousy job of reading those situations.) Wisdom is also your sarcasm detector. That should be obvious, given how it relates to color vision.

Low wisdom can also be treated as having poor self control. Being impulsive, easily swayed, or having notable addictions can factor in to this.

I believe you are looking for the absent minded professor type.

Or the guys in the Jurassic Park movies that keep making dinosaurs. Or the guys that keep making Jurassic Park movies?
[I kid]

sovin_ndore
2015-09-15, 09:45 AM
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Pretty much in agreement on the 'absent minded professor' type. I will also take it a step further and point out that extreme disparity could even translate as psychosis. There are identified links between forms of Autism (such as Asperger's Syndrome) and extreme IQs. Other forms of savants could also qualify.

If you want archetypes from pop culture, many examples of this sort of social deficiency matching up with surprising insight and expansive knowledge exist. Examples include Walter (The Finder), Monk, L (from Death Note), House, or even Sherlock. They all have identifiable issues with dealing with normal people that classify them somewhere between 'eccentric' and socially deficient; but are so useful/knowledgeable that they are geniuses.

Nerd-o-rama
2015-09-15, 09:54 AM
And don't forget,

Charisma is the ability to convince people to try a tomato-based fruit salad.

Joe the Rat
2015-09-15, 10:00 AM
The catch there is that "social deficiency" falls more under low charisma (getting people to try a tomato-based fruit salad) - or as much so as wisdom. ASD is tricky to spot out on three stats, as there are pieces that don't fit without splitting functions or heavily factoring skill selection. You can be incredibly perceptive, but can have great difficulty in filtering the stimuli. You don't get people "intuitively," but brute force the processing to translate social situations. Or having incredibly sharp recall, but poor ability to process or connect information.

Thrawn4
2015-09-15, 10:20 AM
Sheldon Cooper.

Strigon
2015-09-15, 10:32 AM
I would imagine a computer as being very high int, but no wis.
They can figure anything out, remember details perfectly, and so on, but they are completely unable to work without direction. They just can't figure things out.

For a specific character, I might suggest Data from Star Trek: TNG. He's undoubtedly intelligent, but he just doesn't get subtext, or the implications of what is being done or said.
Conversely, I would consider Picard to be of average int, but quite high wis.

Another example, if you watched Fringe, would be Walter; loose grip on reality, lack of focus and attention to detail, but brilliant. That's another spin you could put on the character, if you wanted.

Simply put, int lets you gather information from what you see, feel, and hear. It also lets you recall that information freely.
Wis, however, lets you put that information together.

Actually, let me just put a list of what I consider to be high Int, low Wis characters.

Data- Star Trek
Walter- Fringe
River- Firefly
Twilight Sparkle- MLP: FiM
Charles Emmerson Winchester- M*A*S*H
Wheatley- Portal 2
Vizzini- The Princess Bride (Maybe)
C-3PO- Star Wars

Edit: And a ton of Super Villains (See: Megamind, Syndrome, etc.)

Radar
2015-09-15, 10:32 AM
If you want archetypes from pop culture, many examples of this sort of social deficiency matching up with surprising insight and expansive knowledge exist. Examples include Walter (The Finder), Monk, L (from Death Note), House, or even Sherlock. They all have identifiable issues with dealing with normal people that classify them somewhere between 'eccentric' and socially deficient; but are so useful/knowledgeable that they are geniuses.
I wouldn't put L or Sherlock as people with low Wisdom (can't say much about the others). They have inhumanly developed percepcion of their surrounding, which is not a sign of low wisdom. They do have flaws connected to low wisdom (or very low charisma maybe) as well, so they simply can't be projected to D&D stats.

As a both fictional and real life example: xkcd (https://xkcd.com/530/).

There is also Leonard of Quirm (http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Leonard_of_Quirm). As a counterexample of a person with both INT and WIS in the dumps I'd choose BS Johnson (http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Bergholt_Stuttley_Johnson).

Strigon
2015-09-15, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't put L or Sherlock as people with low Wisdom (can't say much about the others). They have inhumanly developed percepcion of their surrounding, which is not a sign of low wisdom. They do have flaws connected to low wisdom (or very low charisma maybe) as well, so they simply can't be projected to D&D stats.

As a both fictional and real life example: xkcd (https://xkcd.com/530/).

There is also Leonard of Quirm (http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Leonard_of_Quirm). As a counterexample of a person with both INT and WIS in the dumps I'd choose BS Johnson (http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Bergholt_Stuttley_Johnson).

Yes; Sherlock and House in particular would have very high Wisdom, but (depending on which version of Sherlock Holmes we're discussing) very low Cha.
Actually, House has high Cha; he can intimidate, win arguments, trick/manipulate people, and do a whole host of other things very well simply by having high Cha.
The thing is, in this case, Cha != popularity. A lot of despicable characters have very high charisma, and if they wanted to, they could be very well-liked. They just don't want to. House falls under this category.

Storm_Of_Snow
2015-09-15, 10:44 AM
Alternatives could include the child prodigy - the kind of person that has at least one doctorate by the time most people are only part way through their degrees, but has no kind of knowledge of the world outside academia, or someone who's otherwise intelligent, but is in an abusive relationship that's just seen them put into A&E for the nth time, but still takes their partner back when they promise, for the nth time, to change.

Edit:

Actually, let me just put a list of what I consider to be high Int, low Wis characters.

Data- Star Trek
Walter- Fringe
River- Firefly
Twilight Sparkle- MLP: FiM
Charles Emmerson Winchester- M*A*S*H
Wheatley- Portal 2
Vizzini- The Princess Bride (Maybe)
C-3PO- Star Wars

Edit: And a ton of Super Villains (See: Megamind, Syndrome, etc.)
IMO, Data can be naive until he understands what's going on, then seems to load the appropriate wisdom modules, River Tam's psychologically damaged for most of her on screen appearances - at the end of Firefly she's probably more super-high Int, moderate Wis, and Wheatley's explicitly called a moron by Glados, so he'd be more likely low-Int, moderate-Wis,

for booby trapping the switch,

with a dash of a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Sticking with Portal 2, Glados herself might qualify though, and Cave Johnson almost certainly does.

Aetol
2015-09-15, 11:15 AM
It's explained this way in the 5E DMG :

A character with a high Wisdom but low Intelligence is aware of the surroundings but is bad at interpreting what things mean. The character might spot that one section of a wall is clean and dusty compared to the others, but he or she wouldn't necessarily make the deduction that a secret door is there.
In contrast, a character with high Intelligence and low Wisdom is probably oblivious but clever. The character might not spot the clean section of wall but, if asked about it, could immediately deduce why it's clean.
Wisdom checks allow characters to perceive what is around them (the wall is clean here), while Intelligence checks answer why things are that way (there's probably a secret door).

Thrudd
2015-09-15, 11:29 AM
Yes, as you've all pointed out, don't confuse wisdom and charisma. Wisdom is perception and intuition. Intelligence is reason and memorized knowledge. Charisma is personality and leadership.

Low wisdom means you aren't great at noticing things around you or getting a feeling for the truth. You never "follow your gut" (or your "gut" is never right). High intelligence means you remember everything you've ever read and you are good at seeing patterns and calculating answers. Social ability and personality doesn't come into it. You don't make a decision until you have enough data to reason through it, and sometimes other people need to supply you with that data because you can't be bothered to look up from your book to see what's around you.

You will search your memory for encyclopedic knowledge of various races and monsters and history to figure out what might be ahead, but you won't look for tracks or notice droppings. You have blueprints and knowledge of architecture and dwarven construction trends in your mind to try to predict where the secret door might be, but you will not notice the feeling of the wall or sensing changes in air flow or a variation in the wear on the floor.

Strigon
2015-09-15, 11:38 AM
...Wheatley's explicitly called a moron by Glados, so he'd be more likely low-Int, moderate-Wis,

I'm not convinced; he can recall facts quite easily, breeze through books, and everything else that D&D int seems to cover, but he's just so thick he can't think, which mostly falls under the category of Wisdom, as far as I can tell.

sovin_ndore
2015-09-15, 11:44 AM
I still think that the ability to read people by logical overexamination, such as with L or Sherlock, is not really in line with Wisdom/Sense Motive. That strikes me as more of a Knowledge Devotion type effect, likely Intelligence based but providing advantage based on applying esoteric data knowledge.

Wisdom is all about gut reactions, providing a social intuition regarding emotional states or predicting short term actions (such as reacting to feinting in combat). Its situational awareness, its Zen and Mushin (Spot, Listen, Autohypnosis)... if you are thinking about it, I don't really classify it as Wisdom. Working with animals or picking up a trade in a fanatasy setting are usually more about developing rote actions or picking up the 'knack'.

Dienekes
2015-09-15, 12:20 PM
I still think that the ability to read people by logical overexamination, such as with L or Sherlock, is not really in line with Wisdom/Sense Motive. That strikes me as more of a Knowledge Devotion type effect, likely Intelligence based but providing advantage based on applying esoteric data knowledge.

Wisdom is all about gut reactions, providing a social intuition regarding emotional states or predicting short term actions (such as reacting to feinting in combat). Its situational awareness, its Zen and Mushin (Spot, Listen, Autohypnosis)... if you are thinking about it, I don't really classify it as Wisdom. Working with animals or picking up a trade in a fanatasy setting are usually more about developing rote actions or picking up the 'knack'.

The D&D abilities don't really make sense. Wisdom is just more obvious about it, in that it is trying to be three completely separate things: awareness of your surroundings, strength of will, and common sense.

Amphetryon
2015-09-15, 04:06 PM
Intelligence is about understanding processes; Wisdom is about understanding consequences.

For a high INT/low WIS example: Leonard of Quirm.

Mando Knight
2015-09-15, 06:16 PM
I'm not convinced; he can recall facts quite easily, breeze through books, and everything else that D&D int seems to cover, but he's just so thick he can't think, which mostly falls under the category of Wisdom, as far as I can tell.

Any source of actual intelligence he shows is from the extra processing power of being connected to the testing mainframe. Even the breezing-through-books thing feels more like a farce used to try to assert himself over Chell and GLaDOS, given that the entire facility is falling apart on his ears and everything else that shows him to be an absolute moron.

nedz
2015-09-15, 06:49 PM
Intelligence is about understanding processes; Wisdom is about understanding consequences
Everything is Process + Structure / Everything is Connected

Keltest
2015-09-15, 06:54 PM
Any source of actual intelligence he shows is from the extra processing power of being connected to the testing mainframe. Even the breezing-through-books thing feels more like a farce used to try to assert himself over Chell and GLaDOS, given that the entire facility is falling apart on his ears and everything else that shows him to be an absolute moron.

Indeed. Furthermore, he certainly notices the facility is falling apart, he just has no idea what that means or what to do about it.

ArcanaFire
2015-09-15, 08:03 PM
I'd consider myself to be one of these people. I know a lot of facts. I can remember a lot of things that I've read. At the gaming table people tease me a lot because sometimes I'll grab for a more esoteric word when a simpler one would have sufficed.

However, once a member of our party showed up late and when we asked him why he said "I found a boxer wandering down the street and decided to help". The entire table thought "dog", but I was picturing a heavily concussed Muhammad Ali. They have never let me forget it.

A high int, low wis character is, similarly, likely to know a lot of things but lack the common sense. They might come up with overly complicated solutions to problems. For example, there's a door in front of you and the high int, low wis character comes up with a complicated plan involving an explosive with exactly the right amount of certain chemicals to blow off the lock without damaging the door but the party will have to go and grab these materials. While he's explaining this, a character with a higher wisdom score just pulls the hinge pins out and opens it the other way.

Strigon
2015-09-15, 09:14 PM

That's... pretty much D&D's definition of Intelligence, isn't it? The ability to work with facts and figures, but not necessarily do anything with them?

Zhentarim
2015-09-15, 09:41 PM
I'd consider myself to be one of these people. I know a lot of facts. I can remember a lot of things that I've read. At the gaming table people tease me a lot because sometimes I'll grab for a more esoteric word when a simpler one would have sufficed.

However, once a member of our party showed up late and when we asked him why he said "I found a boxer wandering down the street and decided to help". The entire table thought "dog", but I was picturing a heavily concussed Muhammad Ali. They have never let me forget it.

A high int, low wis character is, similarly, likely to know a lot of things but lack the common sense. They might come up with overly complicated solutions to problems. For example, there's a door in front of you and the high int, low wis character comes up with a complicated plan involving an explosive with exactly the right amount of certain chemicals to blow off the lock without damaging the door but the party will have to go and grab these materials. While he's explaining this, a character with a higher wisdom score just pulls the hinge pins out and opens it the other way.

I aced both the ACT and SAT test, graduated highschool with a 4.0, and know lots and lots of esoteric facts. I have a poor memory for things that do not interest me, and once I was so engrossed in a college paper that I didn't even notice my dog screaming and dying in the pool a few feet away when the neighbor down the street could. I walk into doors and generally don't notice my surroundings (anything outside of my thoughts) unless I apply special effort to do so, and even then its very hard for me. I'm also easily swayed and intimidated by others, and need my mother to push anything through that may require facing resistance. I handle diplomacy pretty well, though, and I know how to dish out intimation but rarely do since I can't handle pressure well.

Nerd-o-rama
2015-09-15, 09:48 PM
Isn't Wheatley's entire purpose to fail at whatever he tries? Like, literally that's what he's programmed to do? That's somewhat of a special case compared to a free-willed individual.

Milo v3
2015-09-15, 09:50 PM
That's... pretty much D&D's definition of Intelligence, isn't it? The ability to work with facts and figures, but not necessarily do anything with them?

Yeah, Int = Data. Wis = Information.

Thrudd
2015-09-15, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Int = Data. Wis = Information.

Those are the same thing, data is information. Intelligence is interpretting data and recognizing patterns in it. Wisdom is gathering data (at least in 3e+, where wisdom is perception skills and sensing things).

Wisdom is passive, absorbing information from your senses and your intuition and opening to a deity's will and power. Intelligence is active, analyzing data and searching your memory and calculating how magic works.

If you can't shut off your thoughts or stop analyzing things long enough to hear your inner guidance or absorb what's going on around you, you might have high intelligence and low wisdom.

Milo v3
2015-09-15, 10:08 PM
Those are the same thing, data is information.
No.
Data is raw, unorganized facts that need to be processed. Data can be something simple and seemingly random and useless until it is organized. When data is processed, organized, structured or presented in a given context so as to make it useful, it is called information.

Reltzik
2015-09-15, 10:15 PM
Wisdom only:

Physical senses
Understanding emotions
People-sense
Heuristic reasoning
Common sense
Intuition
Inspiration
Recognition of Zeitgeist of party/society/etc

Intelligence only:

Logic
Facts
Reason
Calculation
Knowledge
Memory and recall
Careful methodology
Creativity

High intelligence and low wisdom looks like Wile E. Coyote. He's got the brilliance and creativity to order a dynamite-launching trebuchet from Acme and carefully chart out every last trajectory to know exactly how long to cut the fuses, but lacks the common sense to realize that explosives in a cliff-heavy environment are dangerous to all and that he could just order a pizza for 0.1% of the price. If he ever were to realize the general danger of explosives, it would be because of remembering some fact sheet he'd once memorized or some procedural checklist he once trained in rather than a DUH ANY IDIOT KNOWS THAT moment.

Thrudd
2015-09-15, 10:15 PM
No.
Data is raw, unorganized facts that need to be processed. Data can be something simple and seemingly random and useless until it is organized. When data is processed, organized, structured or presented in a given context so as to make it useful, it is called information.

Then it's the other way around. Wisdom is data, intelligence is information. Wisdom is intuitive and passive observation. Intelligence is active searching and organizing of data. Wisdom hears a sound in the distance. Intelligence uses knowledge to identify the sound as an owlbear.

Mutazoia
2015-09-15, 11:08 PM
A character with High INT and low WIS: Sheldon Cooper

Then it's the other way around. Wisdom is data, intelligence is information. Wisdom is intuitive and passive observation. Intelligence is active searching and organizing of data. Wisdom hears a sound in the distance. Intelligence uses knowledge to identify the sound as an owlbear.

Information, data, observation...it's all the same. Intelligence is the accessing, processing and collating of information. Wisdom is the application, practical or impractical, of said information.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to use a tomato in a fruit salad.

Thrudd
2015-09-15, 11:53 PM
A character with High INT and low WIS: Sheldon Cooper

Information, data, observation...it's all the same. Intelligence is the accessing, processing and collating of information. Wisdom is the application, practical or impractical, of said information.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to use a tomato in a fruit salad.

How does D&D use the wisdom ability towards the application of information, in any edition? That may be the actual definition of the word, which was used somewhat incorrectly in the game to describe the ability which allowed a character to be a cleric or druid and improve saving throws against attempts to control your mind. And later evolved to also include perception skills. The idea being that a holy mystic type character has strong mental discipline and spiritual awareness, neither of which are the same thing as wisdom. Nor do those things really have anything to do with having keen physical senses. But that's what Gygax called it, and no one's had the balls to change it since.

A character in D&D that has low wisdom misses noticing things, like sights and sounds in the world around them, and is susceptible to having their perceptions toyed with by magic, and finds connecting with mystic energy sources difficult. High intelligence character can memorize lots of things, like spells, may have lots of skills of all sorts especially knowledge, and is good at finding things by careful searching and deductive reasoning.
So in D&D, they are someone that doesn't listen to "inner guidance" that might let them connect with a deity or realize when their mind is being toyed with, has lots of book knowledge and strong reasoning skills but doesn't pay much attention to the world around them.

Raimun
2015-09-16, 03:05 AM
An intelligent man can think his way out of a bad situation but a wise man can avoid it altogether.

Also, a wise man may be able to instinctively figure out "the big picture" but it's quite possible he can't convince an intelligent man of the validity of this "big picture" because he doesn't know all the little details the intelligent man would demand to know.

And yes. Emmerichs from Metal Gear have high Int and low Wis. Seriously. And as far as genius super scientist go, they're not even that absent minded.

Edit: Of course Wisdow is the most... amalgamiest (that's totally a word now) of the six Stats. You use it for insight, mental fortitude, all of the physical senses, mending wounds, surviving in the wilderness and your "nine-to-five"-job. While there is some overlap between the above, I'd say Wisdom as a Stat is out of clear focus. Still, having Wisdom as is, is better than increasing the amount of Stats.

Radar
2015-09-16, 03:32 AM
Not really. It looks more like a low INT, low WIS character with a lot of points in knowledge skills.

DataNinja
2015-09-16, 08:51 AM

Not only that, but he butchers his metaphors. Isn't that the surest sign that he isn't the brightest brick in the box? :smalltongue:
(And, no, I know that very smart people can have trouble with idioms and metaphors, especially if it isn't their first language. Just let me have this...)

See Also:
Thinking the "Docking Station 500m below" sign is a docking station.
ANY "Manual Override."
Oh, and "Aaaaagh! Neurotoxin levels are up to 50%... no, wait, sorry, DOWN to 50%."

Strigon
2015-09-16, 09:11 AM
http://mzonline.com/python/hgimages/grenade3.jpg
Player's handbook page eight, sections on Intelligence (INT) and Wisdom (WIS)

INTELLIGENCE (INT)
Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons.
This ability is important for wizards because it affects how many
spells they can cast, how hard their spells are to resist, and how
powerful their spells can be. It’s also important for any character
who wants to have a wide assortment of skills.
You apply your character’s Intelligence modifier to:
 The number of languages your character knows at the start of the
game.
 The number of skill points gained each level. (But your character
always gets at least 1 skill point per level.)
 Appraise, Craft, Decipher Script, Disable Device, Forgery,
Knowledge, Search, and Spellcraft checks. These are the skills
that have Intelligence as their key ability.

WISDOM (WIS)
Wisdom describes a character’s willpower, common sense, perception,
and intuition. While Intelligence represents one’s ability to
analyze information, Wisdom represents being in tune with and
aware of one’s surroundings. An “absentminded professor” has low
Wisdom and high Intelligence. A simpleton (low Intelligence)
might still have great insight (high Wisdom). Wisdom is the most
important ability for clerics and druids, and it is also important for
paladins and rangers. If you want your character to have acute
senses, put a high score in Wisdom. Every creature has a Wisdom
score.
You apply your character’s Wisdom modifier to:
 Will saving throws (for negating the effect of charm person and
other spells).
 Heal, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks.
These are the skills that have Wisdom as their key ability.

Wheatley is able to reason, and recall information (As seen when he booby traps the stalemate button, and in the part where he kills you, in both sections he recognizes the danger of Chell and GLaDOS.)
But he just didn't notice the obvious flaws in his plan - Wisdom.

Super Evil User
2015-09-16, 09:17 AM
Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist (from the series of the same name), is a good example of a high INT, low WIS character - he's a genius at alchemy, but naive and easily manipulated/convinced that what he's doing is right. He's got high willpower though, so I say he took the Iron Will feat at some point.

Nerd-o-rama
2015-09-16, 09:29 AM
Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist (from the series of the same name), is a good example of a high INT, low WIS character - he's a genius at alchemy, but naive and easily manipulated/convinced that what he's doing is right. He's got high willpower though, so I say he took the Iron Will feat at some point.

Rule #X of Anime: no Shounen Protagonist may have a Wisdom greater than 8, except as a deliberate role reversal.

Get In The Robot Corollary: and even in the case of exceptions, people will still force him into incredibly stupid positions anyway because otherwise there wouldn't be a story.

Segev
2015-09-16, 01:14 PM
High Int, low Wis? That's nearly the very definition of a Spark. (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20150406)

Totema
2015-09-17, 02:07 AM
And don't forget, Isn't that called salsa? :smalltongue:

goto124
2015-09-17, 07:48 AM
You didn't manage to quote the important bit:

Charisma is the ability to convince people to try a tomato-based fruit salad.

Did the person who design the salsa have a high Cha, high Wis, or both?

Nerd-o-rama
2015-09-17, 08:17 AM
Isn't that called salsa? :smalltongue:

Guys I found the bard!