PDA

View Full Version : The Middle of Nowhere [Plot]

Rebonack
2007-05-15, 08:51 PM
Endless fields of low clump grass spread in every direction in a land where the largest animal is the odd jack-rabbit. A prong-horned antelope if you're luck.

It's far enough away from civilization to make sure that no innocents get hurt during a deity class brawl.

How convenient that a bunch of gods are about to show up.

Space above the plains of scrub contort as a divine melee is dawn into this desolate location.

Limos hits the ground and leaps away from the hostile members of the Celestial Bureaucracy.

"This will not end in victory for you!"

((And..... Dead Time!))

Fenric
2007-05-15, 08:57 PM
(( I'll be gone by the time you get back, though. You can script the rest of them, if you'd like. ))

Susa-no-o, the Minister of War summons a new blade; as does Hachiman, the Minister of Justice.

Raiden, the Minister of Storms, calls a firestorm down on top of Limon Limos.

Myobu, who got taken along for the ride, looks at his wakizashi in despair and wonders exactly what to do next.

Rebonack
2007-05-15, 11:43 PM
((Rawr. I would rather not take over your characters for the fight. That would preclude anyone else from joining. Just post responses whether I'm on or not and we'll play this out as it goes.))

A fair bit of the innocent scrub grass bursts into flames as a column of fire licks at the ground around Limos. Suffice to say that a normal human would be incinerated in a moment.

Of course, Limos isn't exactly normal. Nor is he really much of a human at this point.

He can't help but wonder, though, why they expect that the giant inferno would work on him now if it didn't the previous several times.

But then, the guy casting it eats navels, so not much can really be said regarding a correct state of mind.

Having had sufficient time to wait since he sapped the avatar at the temple decides to even the odds a bit more. He figures he may as well take out the opponent who seems to be the most resilient, namely the Minister of War. Hopefully they'll get the idea after he effortlessly neutralizes one of them again.

The universe once again reels awkwardly as the strength of a divine being is pulled at.

"Feel free to return to the temple Myobu. I want all of this to proceed as painlessly as possible."

Fenric
2007-05-16, 10:46 AM
Susa-no-o is just a little harder to drain to nothing than Shiranui was. He looses his divine power, arcane, magical, and so on: but manages to stagger just enough to grab at the jug on his hip and take a drink.

The divine sake of Izanami not only restores his energy, but leaves him a little more powerful than he started off as. He roars in rage and summons his celestials: four inevitables in the form of samurai appear and immediately join the attack on Limos.

Hachiman steps back and attempts to summon the force of pure law to crystalize Limos to death.

Raiden blinks in surprise, not accustomed to being quite so useless. He stubbornly tries lightning again.

Myobu shakes his head sadly

You murdered my guest in the courtyard of my home. Honor demands...

He looks at the razor-sharp implement again.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 11:01 AM
A voice calls out, clearly and yet unreal, like a dream at the exact moment you wake from it He is the one! He want's to take your Muffin! Destroy him!. The voice, however, is soon drowned by a scream of rage "YOU WILL NOT TAKE MY MUFFIN!", much clearer and much less unreal as Deadly, for once not followed by Muffin, appears and turns his mad gaze upon Limos. He doesn't waste any time, but instead draws upon seemingly impossible psionic powers and sends a wave of freezing acids at Limos (Cold and Acid). As he does so he explodes in a bloody mess from channelling all that power as another Deadly appears to replace him.

A faded image of Cali appears briefly before disappearing again. In the brief moment she's there the temperature around Limos drops immediatly to just around -273 degrees

((I hope you don't mind me joining? Cali and Deadly are the only characters I have who I think could possibly stand against this one, Cali because preventing the world's end is exactly what she was designed to do, Deadly because he's just insane(ly powerful) :smallbiggrin:)))

The Geomancer
2007-05-16, 01:48 PM
Aharon, who got pulled into the teleportation, receives many cuts and slashes to his entire body. He lies on the ground weakly. His eyes role back into his head, and he struggles to breath. Suddenly he calms, and his wounds heal. Unlike the being who attacked Limos on the street, this being doesn't make a show of its powers and its aura is restricted. It also doesn't act like the other being. We have deemed you a danger. In accordance with this vessel and its master, you must be stopped. What an interesting thing for someone to say, still lying in the same position Aharon was from his wounds.

At Aharon's hand the very energies that keep the worlds together begin to coalesce, a sound like thunder rolls out among the combatants. The energies become a vast swirling vortex. At Aharon's bidding the vortex hurls itself at Limos.

((Think wind based attack, but instead of harmless air, you have a deadly concoction of energies. Energies which are tied to the fabric of the multi-verse. Basically to drain this thing of its energy you have to be willing to drain all energy from the multi-verse anywhere. Its not hard to dodge, but practically impossible to block or stop.))

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 07:44 PM
"I only slew her because I had hoped that you would realize how hopeless this all is," Limos sighs as the power of law freezes him solid in a mass of crystalline flesh. Things probably get rather disconcerting when being frozen doesn't appear to slow him down at all.

The lighting, not surprisingly, injures the being exactly as much as it had before. Specifically, not at all.

As the god and four celestials move in for the melee Limos clenches his hand around the orb of divine power he had drawn out of the Minister of War. The energy pulses several times before he slams his fist into the ground as several katanas go whizzing over his head.

The orb then explodes in a blast of pure force, shattering the earth below the combatants as the shockwave ripples away from the point of impact. While it only spreads out to a distance of about twenty feet the power contained there in is literally all the divine energy sapped from Susa-no-o channeled into pure destructive force.

Like all elemental energies the fridged acid does little to harm Limos. The fact that he's currently a walking mass of crystal (and thus naturally acid resistance and already frozen) doesn't help the situation any.

As the vortex sizzles off toward Limos he neither blocks nor stops it. Instead, he bends the very fabric of space so that a straight line is no longer a course toward him, but rather straight up into the sky.

Thus, it goes sailing harmlessly off into the distance.

The Geomancer
2007-05-16, 07:53 PM
You can drain attacks, we will not attack you, but merely open you up to the option of danger. An open portal to the plane of fire flies through the air towards Limos, guided by Aharon's will.

((Wow, what poorly written battle dialog... oh well.))

Fenric
2007-05-16, 07:59 PM
Oof.

Susa-no-o and the four inevitables are blasted into glittering fragments and dispersed. This creates a reaction-explosion slightly larger than the one that just claimed them (due to the slightly higher power after the sake).

Hachiman blinks at the moving, crystalline, destroyer. He summons a sonic disruption of divine proportions and attempts to shatter Limos.

Myobu kneels in the grass with a humiliated expression.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 08:01 PM
Deadly shrugs and lets out a shattering shriek in a combined sonic/psychic assault to shatter both the crystals and whatever mind the thing might have.

Cali appears again, as before oddly faded and unreal, as she tries to literally disassemble Limos. Works pretty much like a disintegrate, except that it can affect as little or as much as you want, it isn't all or nothing. She fades away almost instantly again, whether or not it succeeds.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 08:23 PM
Between the disruption and the sonic scream Limos explodes pretty spectacularly into a shower of little crystalline bits.

As soon as the cloud of debris falls to the ground the remaker of worlds is still where he was previously. He certainly exploded. How he managed to survive this is anyone's guess.

The mental portion of the attack is, as is normally the case of mental attacks, utterly harmless.

He resists the disassembling, mainly because he isn't made out of matter at all. The spell has no idea what to do with him.

Finally, he pulls a hot dog out of his robes as the portal goes sizzling past, perfectly darkening the tube of mystery meat.

He takes a bite out of the thing, frowns at it, then tosses it over his shoulder.

"Sometimes an example has to be made to break the will to fight of a Realm. Please don't force me to use you as that example."

Fenric
2007-05-16, 08:30 PM
(( Nah, you've got to kill a pile of them yet ))

About two dozen more gods appear, all absolutely enraged. They shower Limos with destruction: positive energy, negative energy, shredding rending distortions of space and time, spheres of annihilation, and raw arcane energies.

Hachiman charges again with his Katana, blazing with holy might.

Myobu kneels wordlessly in the grass.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-16, 08:32 PM
sRizzen pokes his head into the area from a very small portal to the Plane of Shadows. He watches Limos fight for a good few moments.

The Geomancer
2007-05-16, 08:34 PM
You have no right to control the lives of the beings on this world. You promise our destruction anyways, what do we have to lose by fighting you? Aharon leaps into melee combat, his moves are that on a masters, practical and deadly. He starts be jabbing a finger laced with negative energy at Limos's throat.

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 08:37 PM
There is a flash of white energy that is clearly the mark of Seid, but when it fades, it is not Aesa that stands there, but Skuld.
She is completely dressed for battle, a spear ready in her hand and her gold trimmed armor glittering.
Cease your fighting or the lines of your lives will be cut and you will be cast aside from the weaving of fate!
It might be disturbing to note that she has her back to Limos and is facing all the gods.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 08:37 PM
Deadly chuckles and summons an army of demonic muffin warriors. They all charge Limos. Millions of small demons "Let's see for how many eternities you want to keep fighting." he grins

Cali doesn't seem to appear this round, maybe working on something.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 08:48 PM
Limos stands and takes it all. Every time one instance of him is destroyed, and destroying it takes a pretty spectacular effort, another begins to exist.

"Here to see that Ragnarok goes smoothly, Fate Weaver?" he asks without turning to face the mother of Aesa.

Fenric
2007-05-16, 08:52 PM
Everybody rather falls over each other coming to a crashing halt. The lesser godlings aren't quite certain about whether Skuld could or could not actually do that... especially since their god of fate had recently been ejected.

Myobu bows his head

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 08:53 PM
Ragnarok substitute, maybe.
Skuld grumbles in a grudging fashion.

The Geomancer
2007-05-16, 08:54 PM
Aharon stands impassively, every time he or someone else destroyed Limos, he just reappeared. Continuing to attack was obviously not the right move. Besides, some strange woman teleported in just to tell everyone that. Everyone listens to strange old women. Aharon grimaces. We will find some way to stop you, death bringer. Then dead time claims him.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 08:54 PM
Deadly, oddly enough, seems to be listening to something and doesn't really pay attention to what goes on here

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-16, 08:59 PM
sRizzen frowns as he watches plans repeatedly fail. He would have to think out his move if success was to be had..

Fenric
2007-05-16, 09:01 PM
The godlings all huddle up for a conference. Whether this barbarian actually matters or not figures highly on the agenda. They split up into focus groups and prepare reports for each other. Frankly, Skuld just paralyzed the Ministry of the Right for at least the next 90 days just by making them discuss things.

Myobu sets his wakizashi on the ground in front of him and begins to recite something.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 09:03 PM
"Well, we take what we can get," Limos responds to Skuld as he glances out across the whole mess of gods.

Apparently the guy from the streets. Aharon was he? Was the only one who has thus far figured out how useless it is to fight.

"While I can do what needs to be done with several pantheons breathing down my neck it will go much faster if they leave me be."

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 09:06 PM
Skuld looks at him calmly.
My pantheon has always awaited this. It is only the meddling of the people in Town who stopped it before- we are ready to back you.
This proclamation may or may not have been discussed with anyone else... >.>

Fenric
2007-05-16, 09:15 PM
Myobu takes his wakizashi and plunges it into his own stomach before drawing it across from side to side, after which he collapses onto his face.

Deadly
2007-05-16, 09:15 PM
Deadly turns and raises an eyebrow at Myobu

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 09:23 PM
"Well, it's nice to have a pantheon supporting me for once. They're generally too afraid that I'll take their positions away. Tell you what, I'll make sure I have my information correct on the way things are supposed to be after Ragnarok and make sure that your Realm fits with what's supposed to take place."

Then the fox commits seppuku.

Limos doesn't run over to him.

He simply ceases to be where he is currently and starts being next to Myobu. Anyone with the sense for this kind of thing might notice that he just bent the two point of space together.

"Come on now, don't do this!" he attempts to lift Myobu off the ground. "Your guest is alive and well at this very moment!"

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 09:29 PM
Skuld frowns and crosses her arms, but nods to Limos.
I obviously could assist you with that.

Fenric
2007-05-16, 09:38 PM
(( Hmm... I'm torn, really. I believe that technically, it doesn't matter: the attack itself was sufficient for dishonor, regardess of outcome. But as I just told Atreyu: "meh... it's too much". ))

Myobu is drawn up, and blinks sullenly.

(( I am withdrawing for the night, before I withdraw from the plot entirely as I am getting personally annoyed. This is a game, and so... goodnight. ))

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 09:52 PM
Limos just looks at the fox, at a loss.

It had been one of those honorable self killing things. Wouldn't saving him just make things worse? He drops Myobu and bakes away a bit, just standing there ridged while the Right continue to discuss what to do next.

He then turns to the Norn.

"Show me what you need me to do."

Deadly
2007-05-16, 09:53 PM
Deadly fades away as his player leaves

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 09:58 PM
Skuld holds out a book to Limos that she certainly wasn't holding before.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 10:03 PM
The re-maker of Realms takes said book and begins to look through it.

The convenient lull in people trying to kill him really helps with that.

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 10:05 PM
It details Ragnarok. All of it. Literally. Including the parts the gods don't know.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 10:11 PM
Limos nods, hmms, and sticks the book into his robes after he has thumbed through it.

"That should be more than enough information to set everything up when I rebuild," he glances over at the arguing deities. "To be honest, I'm not terribly concerned about them. What I am concerned about is Aesa trying to alter any of my groundwork as I'm preparing for what must be done. It isn't just annoying. It's dangerious."

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 10:17 PM
Skuld's mouth presses into a tight line.
She has always meddled in things she shouldn't.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 10:20 PM
"So I've been told," Limos responds briefly. "Will you be able to keep her occupied while I do my work?"

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 10:23 PM
Skuld nods to Limos.
She needs to be taught a lesson anyways.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 10:26 PM
The re-maker sighs.

"Then I'll continue with what I have to do while you provide Aesa with some lessons."

AmberVael
2007-05-16, 10:28 PM
Skuld nods and crosses her arms again.
Her spear seems to vanish whenever she needs it to. Rather handy.

Rebonack
2007-05-16, 10:29 PM
Limos doesn't go anywhere in case anyone wanted an explosive finale or something

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-16, 11:05 PM
sRizzen contents himself to stre at Limos, as he had been this entire time.

Fenric
2007-05-17, 06:59 AM
Myobu, having stood there all night thinking about things after having been saved in rather undramatic fashion, disappears.

The bureaucracy members continue to hold endless meetings.

Rebonack
2007-05-17, 09:40 AM
Limos glances off in the direction of the bickering gods, actually quite pleased for once.

"Wow... I'm glad this actually ended peacefully. Having one of the pantheons on board really helps."

AmberVael
2007-05-17, 09:41 AM
Skuld chuckles.
I wouldn't expect Loki to provide much assistance though. He tried to escape Ragnarok too.

Rebonack
2007-05-17, 11:38 PM
Rebonack points out that it would be best if Skuld were to need to go off and deal with Aesa, as Fenric needs the Ministry of the Right to get trounced by Limos for Plot reasons.

"Well, he's a god of trickery, isn't he? Fair combat doesn't seem like it would be his thing."

Limos pauses for a moment, looking somewhat vacant.

"I get the distinct feeling that the end of the world just got postponed another day by the actions of a band of six misfit adventurers trying to stop an evil lich."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 12:10 AM
((So, is this a bad time to have Destro and his buddies show up?))

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 12:18 AM
((That would be perfectly fine.))

Limos is currently trying to figure out why gods are bothering to hold committee meetings in the middle of a battle.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 12:25 AM
Destro materializes and looks around. He's humming a tune that sounds an awful lot like "The End of the World as We Know It". So. This would be what caused the ripples.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 12:30 AM
Which is kind of funny since Limos was humming that exact song at Inari's temple the other day.

Said world destroying villain glances up as the trout obsessed wizard appears.

"Ah. Hello there Destro. Noticed the gods getting their divine power yanked out?" he points at the half a pantheon which is even now debating what to do next. "I'm hoping they'll be busy with that until I'm done fixing things."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 12:36 AM
Yes, I must say that I did. Caused quite a lot of background noise, I can tell you. Destro watches the pantheon doing their debating. The Nine, or eight, and I, have reached a decision. We though you should know. Ripples in the fabric of space time appear behind Destro as the other eight begin to appear.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 12:41 AM
Limos sighs as he begins to be surrounded by another eight inanely powerful wizards.

"I'm going to be optimistic and guess that you have decided not to try and stop me. I don't suppose I happen to be right?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 12:45 AM
Destro waves a hand, and a number of chairs pop up. ten chairs, to be exact. Each of the wizards takes a seat, and Destro indicates the tenth chair as being for Limos with another hand wave. Yes and no. First, did you read the parchment?

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 12:48 AM
The villain takes a seat as he nods.

"I did. I take it that it's in regards to the actions that a certain band of orcs took?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 12:52 AM
Gnolls actually. It wasn't me that wrote it. I just found it. Destro pulls a glass of some exotic drink from behind an atom. Funny how those get there, really.

((I find it amusing that Destro can have a casual conversation with a guy he really doesn't agree with and wants to kill :smallbiggrin:))

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 01:00 AM
((I'm not too surprised by it. He is crazy after all.))

"It's a good example of the sort of thing I'm trying to fix," Limos responds. "Creatures like gnolls have a natural disposition toward killing and eating other sapient beings. Not only is this obviously painful to said beings it's also stupid. A village of humans is a hell of a lot more dangerous than a couple of water buffalo. You don't get as much for what you have to give. It's almost like some sadistic deity made the gnolls like this so adventurers wouldn't feel bad about slaughtering them for Expee."

The scary thing is he's probably right on that last bit.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 01:07 AM
I daresay you've hit that on the head. But here is the point I was trying to make. That parchment I gave you. It was written by the old Necromancy. Destro sips the beverage he's holding. Curious, isn't it? How he couldn't even hate the gnolls, and yet he's currently stuck in a rock ranting about revenge.

((That he is. Crazy characters are fun :smallsmile:))

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 01:16 AM
"The parallel between his experiences and those of the new Necromancy is certainly curious," Limos responds after a few moments consideration. He then decides to comment on the old Necromancy specifically. "People tend to become more cemented by their past decisions as they age. The longer someone has been a certain way the harder it is for them to be something else. I suspect something pushed him toward bitterness and he never swayed from it."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 01:22 AM
And yet characterized by differences. He chose to accept the hand that was dealt him. I took the quick and easy way. But it is I who sits here now, not him. Who is the better person? Destro shrugs.I could not say, as I am biased. He did some pretty horrible things. He would likely be left behind as irredeemable by you. Yet he was not so bad once. Maybe, with time and effort, he could be made so again. Destro smiles slowly. Which is not to say I want him back. He has tried to kill me several times, an experiment I do not wish him to repeat. I was merely making a point.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 01:27 AM
"To be honest I really can't tell whether or not I'll be able to change someone until I try," Limos responds with a shrug. "And I certainly do try. I would prefer to preserve as many people as possible. Who knows, maybe once I'm done here you and he will be able to share a drink without attempting to blast one another's skeletons apart."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 01:32 AM
Somehow I doubt that. I said once that the only thing those with power fear is to lose that power. He did lose it. Asuming you did remake the town though, it is possible. Which brings me full circle. Destro puts his glass down. Our decision. We discussed the matter at length, and we have reached a conclusion. The Nine, ie us, were created for a reason. That reason was to put magic into a world and keep it there. As much as I hate order, and paperwork and lawfulness and all that jazz, I am unfortunately bound to uphold the rules of the universe on occasion. He picks up the glass again and swirls it, trying to think of how to put the next bit.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 01:37 AM
"Well, I don't agree with your assessment of what powerful people fear, but do continue," Limos says as he pulls out a tray of cookies from under a clump of bunch grass. They were, incidentally, the same cookies he had burned the other day. He begins to munch one while waiting for Destro to formulate his thoughts.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 01:49 AM
Destro finds his train of thought. It is currently leaving the platform. He leaps to catch it, landing on the last car as it goes past. Right. This, we've decided, is one of those occasions. Now, I also said that we are both here to stop you and not to stop you. Needless to say, the magic system would object quite strenuously to being dismantled. As much as some of us think that rebuilding needs to be done, Destro glances over his shoulder, giving Abjuration a look that quite clearly says Destro is not pleased with him, We agree that the current magic system works quite well as it is, and should be left in place when the remainder is dismantled.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 01:58 AM
"The magic system that you all," Limos motions at The Nine. "Uphold is just one of many here. No fewer than four dozen of them. Comes from the odd way that a bunch of Realms are generally mashed together. I'm actually making sure that I understand how Seid functions right not to be sure I reassemble it correctly. Suffice to say it's a doozy."

He leans back in the chair a bit and takes another bite out of a burnt cookie. He then shakes the partially eaten pastry at Destro.

"Your system is easy. I've worked with stuff like it before. There won't be any real change to it when I'm done, I just have to make sure that it meshes up with the other modifications I make. If I don't rebuild it along with the rest of the Realm there's a slim chance that it will simply cease to function. Then I would have to start all over again."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 02:07 AM
We have an answer to that too. Say, for example, you were to leave the magic system in place. Now you have a world to rebuild, but some of it is already there. It should be like putting together a large puzzle. If some of the pieces are already down, the remainder is easier to complete. Destro shakes a trout at the partly eaten pastry. The trout wasn't there before, it just spontaneously appeared.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 02:19 AM
Due to his previous experience with Destro, Limos isn't particularly surprised about the sudden presence of the fish. He considers summoning up a salmonid as well, but that would draw attention away from the serious nature of the discussion.

"I've found from past experience with doing this that it is, in general, a bad idea to leave much of anything intact. Portions of the old Rules can be carried over even on things that don't directly pertain to them. I ended up having to re-work the first multi-verse I modified seven times before I got it right. One of the mistakes I made was leaving a number of basic components in one piece."

Limos decides to stop shaking the cookie, if only for the hope that Destro will put the fish away.

"There was an exotic form of magic there that I hadn't ever seen before. So I decided to just leave it alone among a number of other things and build up the universe around it. This in turn caused a number of people who used that system to become infected with the old Rules upon use. Suffice to say, having people running around and mistreating others with impunity doesn't make for a very good paradise. I'll assure you now though, magic won't suffer at all. It will work just as you remember it."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 02:27 AM
But will I work just as well as I remember? Being intrinsically tied to magic and all, you have to admit I've got a vested interest in keeping it the way it is. Destro puts the trout in a pocket to shake at something later, considering there is no longer any point to shaking it at pastries.

Universal speaks up from one of the other chairs. As do we all. We'd like to remain as unchanged as possible, to tell the truth. Evocation, it could be noted, is looking very sullen and annoyed.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 02:35 AM
Evocation being sullen is certainly understandable. He would probably like the idea of getting to burn people with impunity.

"As per your requests I won't make any changes to you other than the barest minimum necessary for you to interact with the modification I'll make to the intrinsic nature of will. Your connections with both the schools of magic and your home universe will remain unaltered. You don't need to worry in the least, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing."

Limos breaths a sigh of relief. He was honestly worried that he might have to stomp Destro at some point in the near future.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 02:45 AM
Then we understand each other. We keep our connections and all the way they are. I get to continue with getting my random sillyness fix and you get to make your vaunted modifications. Evocation continues with the scowling. Abjuration, I need you to go back to the Cornerstone. Continue working on upgrading the shielding mechanisms. Destro smiles. Ensuring privacy, I assume, is allowed. Curiosity is not a violent or evil trait from my experiences. Abjuration nods and vanishes.

Slowly some of the others stand and leave, disappearing with small pops. At last there are only three of the Nine remaining: Evocation, Transmutation and the enigmatic Illusion. Evocation stands. You understand, of course, that I dislike this whole idea.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 02:49 AM
"Necromancy had mentioned that the last time I spoke with him, yes," Limos responds as he stands up from his chair. "And I'm sure you must be aware that you certainly aren't the only one who doesn't like this idea."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 02:53 AM
Right. I dislike too. Transmutation, bug eyes and all, has moved up to stand behind Evocation. Illusion remains in the background, arms crossed. Correct. As such, Transmutation and I have reached a conclusion as well. A very evil grin spreads across Evocation's face, made worse by the burn that covers half of it.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 03:00 AM
Limos sighs. It's one of those exasperated sighs. The sort that someone gives when they're getting annoyed by constant badgering.

"I don't suppose this solution involves killing me?"

((Did they remove the update at 1 PST? Oo))

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 03:01 AM
That's the gist of it, yes. Lightning arcs between Evocation's hands and Transmutation takes a battle stance. We can't allow you to do this... Dave.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-18, 03:27 AM
((Destro is now the king of references.))

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 09:22 AM
"In which case I'll have to ask you to open the pod bay doors, HAL. We all know how this ends if you don't. Your brains all over the floor and you singing 'Daisy'" Limos crosses his arms across his chest and scowls at the wizards in a stern sort of way.

((You know, I'm surprised Sunn hasn't shown up with with the gods getting trounced on and all. God trouncing is usually pretty noticeable to anyone with a good grasp on what's going on in the multi-verse.))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-18, 09:41 AM
((Sunn doesn't particularly care. She's deconstructed and reconstructed a few universes herself, and is surprisingly immune to the effects of having a universe reconstructed around her. This is probably due to the origin of her powers, which I'm not disclosing, unless asked.

I'm surprised you didn't make the obvious FF7 joke when I posted the Rock))

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 09:56 AM
((Well, he's still the guy who blew up Aesa. I was expecting him/her to be miffed about it.

And for someone as generally apathetic as her I'm surprised she would bother with all the work of changing a universe. And Limos is actually modifying the entire multi-verse. If he were to succeed and discover that he couldn't change her (may be possible remember he's here as a CR appropriate boss encounter for the Town) then he would probably boot her out since he wouldn't want his paradise to get contaminated.

There's a motivation for her =P))

Limos just stands there and waits for the inevitable reply from Evocation. He has the feeling that it will involve a bolt of lightning getting chucked at him.

The Geomancer
2007-05-18, 01:38 PM
Floating behind Limos, sitting cross legged is Aharon. Or whatever being or beings, that are controlling him at the moment. He sincerely hopes that the wizards will be able to kill Limos but doesn't hold out much hope. Aharon is content for the moment to sit and watch Limos. This will hopefully give him time to puzzle out why it is that Limos has an ability which he just cannot master. By observing Limos, he hopes to either learn how to use his powers, or find some chink in his armor, some way to stop him. Or both. Both is the most preferable answer.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 09:37 PM
sRizzen sighs and has yet to find what he wanted from Limos. So he retreats into his minor planar rift for a few minutes. He comes back and opens it a litte more, promptly throwing a woman's head at Limos.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 10:48 PM
*thunk*

Limos glances down at the decapitated head that just thumped into him.

"The hell...?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 10:51 PM
sRizzen grins maniacally and begins to throw a large amount of heads at Limos from his rift, children, men, women, elderly, all sorts of peoples' heads are flung. A few stopped bleeding awhile ago, but apparently a few are fresh and fling blood everywhere as they arc through the air.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 11:03 PM
It doesn't take long before Limos manages to figure out where the steam of noggins is coming from. Shortly after that time they begin to vaporize shortly after being thrown by sRizzen.

"Oh. It's you. What do you want?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 11:08 PM
sRizzen stops throwing his dwindling supply of heads shortly after they start vaporizing.
Just voicing my protest of what you plan to remove. You would pretty much be removing my purpose in life and I'd rather not have that happen.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 11:12 PM
"Pray tell why I should be moved by the opinion of a sadistic murderer?" Limos retorts. He isn't just being a jerk. He's serious.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 11:17 PM
You shouldn't. Though I would like to point out, for the brief moment where the universe is deconstucted, you will be the largest murderer in history. Annihilating all life. Even the reviving of them afterwards doesn't forgive that, from popular opinion, destroying is destroying.
sRizzen is momentarily tempted to leave his rift, but decides to stay in it a little longer.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 11:22 PM
"I know," Limos responds, not at all bothered by this fact. "But you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. It might make me the biggest murderer ever but at least their new condition is better than their old one. They won't even notice. And it's not like I have an after-life to worry about. Divine retribution doesn't usually get too far with me."

McBish
2007-05-18, 11:24 PM
A portal opens up and Shea jumps out of it. He doesn't seem to be to happy.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 11:25 PM
Oooh, a conscience deprived one here folks. Didn't expect that to do anything, just decided to spout that at you. Oh, aren't most omelette destined eggs unfertilized anyway? Not requiring the death of a potential chick?
He slowly makes his way out of his rift, a large amount of tendrils trailing behind him.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 11:31 PM
"Depends on whether or not there's a rooster around. But that's just an analogy. Look, I tried it before without destroying anyone. It was a disaster. This is the greatest possible good. I won't be dissuaded by..."

Limos glances over at Shea as the young psychic lad shows up.

"Shea...? What are you doing out here?"

McBish
2007-05-18, 11:32 PM
Who are you and where is Maph'tey?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 11:35 PM
sRizzen looks over at Shea and contains his typical bloodlust, realizing that he probably shouldn't attack potential allies.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 11:42 PM
"My name is Limos," he responds in a voice as calm and reassuring as he can muster. "I haven't done anything with Maph'tey. He was a result of me being hurt by some gods who felt threatened by peace. Now I'm better."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 11:44 PM
sRizzen remembers that that is another reason he doesn't like Limos: he still wants to hurt Maph'tey for the trying to block him out of Trog's thing.
I think you need to get unbetter.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-18, 11:47 PM
Alright, but beware of explosive decompression. Evocation, Transmutation and Illusion come out of dead time in what may be recorded as the absolute worst timing of anything, ever. And yes, the reply does involve bolts of lightning. Not to mention Transmutation's demon-like fist.

McBish
2007-05-18, 11:49 PM
I liked Maph'tey better.

Shea now unleashes his power, all of it. Firstly he raises a sheild around Limos and explodes all the oxegen inside the sphere, this should burn and hurt a lot. Also if he needs to breath that might cause a problem. Firstly again he hits Limnos with the equivenlent of 5 reality revisions that will break any barrier guarding his mind. Shea then immeditly attempts to rip apart Limos' mind leaving only what is needed to keep the body alive.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-18, 11:54 PM
sRizzen takes this opportunity to dart around and get into a position behind Limos that isn't filled with attacks from his 'allies'.

Rebonack
2007-05-18, 11:59 PM
The biggest problem with attacking Limos' mind is the fact that it isn't there. Normal probes just bounce off the mental barriers that serve as a distraction, but when you get right down to it there's no noticeable mind to attack.

This probably has to do with it being out of phase with normal time. Being a creature composed of living aether can do that.

The air around him burns pretty well, probably serving as a discouragement to Transmutation pressing his attack. Unless he's fire-proof, in which case he socks Limos' squarely in the jaw.

Sort of.

More specifically the arm would go through his jaw. This would also expose Transmutation's transmuted flesh to some pretty nasty blue-shifted hard radiation.

Evocation's lightning and, for that matter, Shea's fire, work about as well as the other elemental attacks that had been brought to bear against Limos.

Limos then attempts to backhand the melee-fighting wizard. If he were an actual earth elemental it would probably still send him tumbling through the clump grass. Since he isn't it will likely be quite a bit more unpleasant.

"Shea. I want you to leave. I don't want to hurt you."

McBish
2007-05-19, 12:04 AM
The air shouldn't burn it should explode all at once causing a couple hundered tons of force to crush him.

But I want to hurt you.

And since there is no mind Shea attempts to ripe apart Limos' soul.

((Not a mistaken color change.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 12:15 AM
sRizzen rubs his chin and frowns, experimentally trying to drain some of Limos stamina with a few shadows.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-19, 12:15 AM
Well, Transmutation's demon arm is fire proof, though the rest of him may not be. Radiation though? Not so much. He quickly pulls the arm back out of Limos' general vicinity. Not mess around, do yo- That would be followed by Transmutation spiraling across the field. He lands heavily, causing a small crater. Then he rushes towards Limos, aiming to punch through him with his claw arm. Or rather the odd shifting something said arm just turned into.

Evocation takes a couple steps back. So you want to play do you? He holds up a fist in front of him. A fist burning with bright blue flame. Then he hurls the blue fireball at Limos. En route it splits into a number of smaller fireballs.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 12:30 AM
Whether burned or bludgeoned by the 'splosion Limos is still standing when Shea moves to tear at his soul with his raw psionic power. The re-maker of Realms responds to this in much the same that he had responded to a certain someone chucking lightning bolts at him a few days ago.

Limos clutches the air with his right hand, all the psychic power of the soul ravaging assault finding itself re-directed away from its intended location and instead pooled in a throbbing mass of raw energy in the being's grip.

Then the shadows atta-... I mean, whither. That SunBurst that just exploded on them likely has something to do with that.

As Transmutation charges and Evocation flings flames Limos shoots straight into the air a good hundred and fifty feet. Then he flings the orb of raw fundamental mass at the ground he had previously occupied.

It explodes rather spectacularly, converting instantly to raw force. Certainly not as powerful as the divine knock-out punch he had used on the Minister of War, but still pretty nasty.

"Then I'll do what you force me to do, Shea. I'll see you again when I'm done rebuilding everything."

Space in Shea's general location protests rather loudly as it's crushed inward, causing an artificial singularity to spring to life. This in turn causes extreme filimentation and ultimately annihilation of pretty much anything caught within the event horizon.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 12:33 AM
sRizzen shrugs and lashes out with a few sharply tipped tendrils, hoping to embed them in Limos' back.

McBish
2007-05-19, 12:37 AM
Shea's body is crushed and gone. In the place where he was standing there are two spectral beings all that look like Shea.

Great there goes the body. At least he didn't blow up our minds. Yet. What do you think we have have 5 minutes? Proabably about that. Think we can do it? Maybe. Right then.

Hey buddy why'd you go and blow us up like that it just isn't fair.

The other smaller Shea seems to be concentrating on something.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-19, 12:45 AM
Damn. Transmutation roots himself to the ground, his elemental legs sinking into the earth. He braces himself as the ball of doom hits the ground, covering his segmented eyes with the claw arm. The explosion washes over him, flaying skin, chitin and scales from flesh. Yet when the explosion has finished, he remains standing. Massive reptilian wings burst from his back as he unroots himself and takes to the sky.

Evocation meets the force with a blast of his own, holding it back. When raw force meets raw force, there is apparently an impasse. Once it has passed he crouches and is lifted upwards by a disk of energy.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 12:54 AM
"Few things in life are," Limos retorts as he glances in Transmutation's direction. He then does something rather mean. See, most of the self-transmuting spells have durations on them, some permanent and some not. But they can all be disrupted.

He extends one hand forward and twists his wrist, almost as he were wrapping something around his arm. He then yanks said arm back. In doing so he is, essentially, attempting to rip not only the currently active magical power free from the bug-man, but to damage his connection with his field of magic as well.

Like I said, rather mean.

Then he gets stabbed with shadow-tentacles. He gives sRizzen a rather unhappy sort of look.

"You're out-classed here. Go find a dark corner to hide in."

McBish
2007-05-19, 01:00 AM
I don't need to be much of a distraction with these guys fighting do I?

Will you shut up, this is hard enough as it is.

A come on it is just a big circle.

Yeah that is all it is. A big circle, not like I have only thought about making it and only in theory and never on this scale.

During this time anyone from a couple of thousand of feet up might notice a circle surronding the area around this fight. A very complex and proabably psionic circle dealing with time magic.

And soon it is done and a flash of power happens and deadtime happens. Or at least it might. To the whole area, forever. Of course never having done this before a mistake might have been made and it might not work. Then again it freezes the two apperitions fairly well.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 01:08 AM
((huh, and I thought Xeni was the only one who was going to dabble in stuff like that))

Well...unless it's stopped, sRizzen is pretty effectively caught in this little trap. Not much he can do against it. Right when he was going to get upset at being insulted by Limos.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-19, 01:12 AM
This works, to an extent. Certainly the wings shrink and go away, as well as the legs and head changing back to normal, but the arms stay as they are. Apparently they were actually physical bits of other things he had ripped off and attached to him. Of course, he now has problems staying aloft. It's kind of lucky for him he wasn't that high yet...

The other bit? Yeah, that one causes problems. See, the connection is normally passed on when the carrier dies. There is one recorded instance of it being given up freely. But actually damaged? What that does is cause all transmutation magic active in the surrounding area to begin flickering on and off. Transmutation falls to his knees as magical energy arcs around him, swirling tendrils of the raw energy of change blasting out from his form. The sky goes from blue to purple to orange. A chunk of rock gets blasted by a stray bolt and morphs into an armadillo. Evocation is thrown backwards by another bolt, a tooth ringed maw opening on his chest.

The bolts also have the apparent side effect of turning any dead time that gets too close into squirrels. Convenient, that.

McBish
2007-05-19, 01:18 AM
((Just to make it clear about the deadtime trap. It is up to you how it works on your character. It might trap them it might not. It might trap them but it doesn't last forever that sort of thing. It is up to you. But once in dead time nothing can really affect you, only dead time can be affected, unless you want it to since this is weird dead time. Now I'm off to bed.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 01:22 AM
((Eh, I'll work something out for sRizzen. Don't intend to leave him there forever. And actually, since he's incapacitated at the moment, I believe I will follow McBish's example and scurry of to bed. Night all.))

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 01:23 AM
((Xeni isn't the only one. Dead Time was a concept I used in Dead Space, the place Maph'tey is originally from. A Dead Time field is just a spot where nothing has momentum in the time dimension. There's a substance in Dead Space that actively drains time momentum. Maph'tey actually gave a bucket of the stuff to Gent. Basically crystalline Dead Time.

Maph'tey's species sleeps in this stuff. IC Dead Time doesn't bug him, just OOC dead time on my end of things >.>.))

As random objects begin to freeze in place around Limos he can't help but feel a little bit nostalgic.

"Just like back home..."

At about this point he notices the chaos being sown by the current state of Transmutation. Limos does get hit by a couple of the bolts, which manage to change one of the outer portions of his robe into a tennis racket, but otherwise they don't seem to bother him much. That whole divine 'immune to form alter effects' really helps.

"I see that you two aren't doing so well," he points out. "Return to the Cornerstone Transmutation and I'll restore your link before it manages to kill you."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-19, 01:35 AM
My link... The ground around Transmutation is bubbling now, geysers of molten rock erupting upon occasion. If I can.. control it... With a great effort Transmutation manages to stand. I.. will.... Nothing doing. He topples forward as everything in the immediate vicinity explodes in a riot of chaotic energy. I think that would be best. Illusion strides calmly through the chaos, blinking out of existence for a second every time a bolt would hit him. As he is currently unable to return under his own power, my assistance may be necessary. He reaches down to the shaking Transmutation, who disappears with a pop.

Evocation pulls himself back to his feet. He has a tongue hanging out of the mouth growing from his torso now. Sicko probably likes it too.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 01:43 AM
With little more than a flick of the wrist Limos releases his grip on Transmutation's link, allowing it to normalize on its own. Fortunately that shouldn't take longer than a few moments. Wouldn't want any of the interior furnishings of the Cornerstone to get turned into croutons.

Now he turns his attention to Evocation.

"You've seen what I can do if forced. You had lost before the first bolt of lightning had even been thrown."

A random chunk of OOC Dead Time that had cleverly hidden itself within the mass of IC Dead Time leaps out of the maelstrom and envelopes Limos.

((Annnnnnd I've got to go. I guess I'll see Mr Nutter's response tommarow.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-19, 02:16 AM
((Alrighty. G'night Rebo))

Whatever happens in the Cornerstone is indeterminate, because the Cornerstone isn't here. At any rate, Evocation is not amused. I don't care what you can do. I can and will beat you. Yeah, he's nuts. And crazy. And also headstrong. Not a good combination. As if to illustrate this, he tells the air around Limos to convert into shards of force and stab inwards repeatedly.

Deadly
2007-05-19, 10:31 AM
Cali appears and begins to slowly try and fix the chaos of Dead Time, muttering about people needing to mess a little less with Time in the Town. At the same time she keeps a close eye on Limos. She doesn't really trust that thing.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 10:34 AM
sRizzen twitches through his small layer as she begins her work.

Deadly
2007-05-19, 10:41 AM
Cali glances at sRizzen while she works, nodding politely but silently.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 10:46 AM
sRizzen grumbles as his head is freed from the presumably receding dead time.
That's some nasty stuff. Thanks for the help by the way.
Good gods it's another first. sRizzen actually thanked someone!

Deadly
2007-05-19, 10:53 AM
If Cali knew sRizzen she might be surprised, but she doesn't and isn't. She smiles a bit and continues her work No problem. Time in this place is so frayed and twisted that it's a wonder it still remains somewhat functional at all

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 11:00 AM
True enough I suppose.
He turns to face Limos, wondering how exactly one can kill someone like him.

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 11:31 AM
Aharon, who has been floating in the air, watching the entire fight, has been wondering the same thing. We surmise that he might just be insane, and maybe can be driven to make a mistake. Unfortunately for this body to use its sarcasm and insults, we would have to give the original mind control. Aharon could not stand up to this thing.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 12:06 PM
"You know, I can hear you guys scheming from up here," calls down Limos from his position one hundred and fifty feet up in the air. The force spikes have inexplicably gotten themselves stuck on nothing. The re-maker considers them for a few moments before begging to pluck them out of the air in much the same way a person might pick ripe berries. Once he's gotten a good armload he converts the normally deadly substance into a sofa of pure force, which he wills to be down on the ground near the aforementioned group of schemers.

"The correct answer to your question Rizzen is that you don't," he then adds, in typical villain fashion. "So long as I'm in control of my little triad there's nothing any of you can do to stop me."

Rebonack readies his hint bat just in case someone didn't catch that.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 12:08 PM
sRizzen does two things, glare at the fact that he was called Rizzen after he had long given up on that gimmick, and blink at the not-so subtle hint.
Uh huuuh....

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 12:34 PM
((YAY, I caught on to that one already. *Swells with pride*))

We shall not move against you until we actually have a plan of action. We care not if you here the words of this body, for our real schemes and machinations lie elsewhere. Aharon scans for the presence of some soul, in any part of time even remotely connected to Limos's body.

Deadly
2007-05-19, 04:51 PM
Cali eventually decides that Time is well enough here... or atleast not much worse than anywhere else in and around the Town. She looks around a bit, then disappears.

Fenric
2007-05-19, 06:20 PM
The meetings of the conference of the Ministry of the Right continue througout the general conflagration. Something that looks decidedly like a series of PowerPoint slides is currently being projected onto a misty screen.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 06:28 PM
Limos has a soul. Or more precisely three of them. They look like they were thrown into a blender together.

His soul is, however, also his body in typical outsider fashion.

The re-maker drifts down to the ground and approaches the mass of gods to see if he can't figure out what the presentation is on.

And whether or not they cluttered up their slides with too much information. People do that often.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 06:34 PM
sRizzen currently has no means of outsider soul separation, so he briefly ponders who does while watching Limos.

Fenric
2007-05-19, 06:34 PM
These are bad slides. They cause 10 points of INT damage and 10 points of WIS damage, no save, just looking for at them. They make you want to by things from HP. They even make you think that Microsoft might be a good company.

They have animations, and too much text, and clip-art.

All at once.

They have slide transitions that trigger too soon followed by bad transition effects, forcing the presenter to pause and back up.

Every slide.

And in case that isn't bad enough: the presenter is reading the text off of the slides, in an unintelligent monotone, with many a pause to figure out how to pronounce what the slide says; usually without adding any additional information.

It seems to be an assessment of the pros and cons of attacking Limos... or it may be a design for a distributed data collection and indexing system in a mixture of COM+, ASP, ASP.NET(C#) and Java... Some slides seem to indicate that they are planning a puppy farm... It's difficult to tell.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 06:46 PM
((I hate it when people read the slides ><))

Limos reels under the strain of the presentation, restores himself, then reels again. Then he temporarily blinds himself and relies on touch sight.

He taps on the shoulder of one of the nearby gods.

"Is all this stuff really necessary?"

Fenric
2007-05-19, 06:55 PM
(( Now: my secret plan revealed! ))

The Minister of Agile Methods turns to Limos

Of course! Once we have the use cases prepared and a general assessment of the risk factors, we will break into actions and have a scrum every morning to check on progress.

The Minister of Extreme Programming shakes his head

No, no, no. Get the requirements, then get started! If we need to revise our plans, it's better if we haven't invested too much ahead of time.

The Minister of Traditional Design stomps

Ridiculous! I want to see a full diagram of our plans, with full Functional and Technical Specs, approved by everyone, before we even begin to try to do anything.

The three babble their conflicting philosophies at high volume, all seemingly trying to convince Limos why their approach is best.

The Ministers of Quality Assurance and Product Management shake their heads in the background. One has a thick binder of requirements, and the other has a terrible folder upon which the dreadful number "9000" can be seen.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-19, 07:00 PM
sRizzen very slowly retreats into his planar rift, disturbed by the gods. He closes it an runs off to find someone useful.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 07:05 PM
Limos waves his hands in such a way to request silence from the three.

"Now, I want to be sure here, are the three of you arguing over the best way to plan my defeat?" he asks in a rather incredulous tone

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 07:19 PM
((Fenric has just described what would happen if the comic strip Dilbert were about Gods.))

Boring and inefficient powerpoints and slides are a weakness of Aharon. He uses earth magic to cover himself in stone, waiting for the slides to be done.

Fenric
2007-05-19, 07:20 PM
(( Oh... I though I was describing Thursday and Friday... *sigh* There's a reason I wasn't online... ))

The three nod their heads

We are discussing the best way to plan that yes.

The Minister of Program Management sighs

They haven't begun to actually *plan* the assault, of course. They haven't even bothered to listen to what it is they are supposed to do.

The Minister of Quality Assurance looks at Limos

Do you have your documentation in order?

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 07:24 PM
((Dear God Fenric! I had no Idea! *Pats Fenric reassuringly on the head*))

Even through the stone, some of the harmful affects of the slides make their way to Aharon. He is suddenly tempted to forget about Limos completely and kill as many bureaucratic gods as he can before dieing spectacularly himself. Instead he tries to concentrate on puppies. Cute, sweet puppies.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 07:30 PM
"That's what I thought... honestly, I have no idea how you people accomplish anything..."

He would quirk an eyebrow at the Minister of Quality Assurance, but he's currently wearing a blindfold to block out the presentation.

"Ummm... I rewrite the rules of existence to suit my needs. I would like to think that I'm above filing forms."

Fenric
2007-05-19, 07:44 PM
The Minister of Product Management nods his head in agreement with the assessment.

The Minister of Quality Assurance shakes his.

No, no. Everyone needs to be sure to document everything properly. Failure to maintain proper documentation results in reduced efficiency, increased defects, and untlimately undermines the very structure of the universe.

Only with the approiate forms, maintained and updated consistently, can we make sure that everyting is working the way it should.

The Minister raises the Binder of Documented Processes.

The others return to their debating, deciding that Limos has relatively little to add... A fate customers often face.

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 07:49 PM
Poor Aharon, despite all his attempts he can't block out the sense of extremely mundane deliberations from his mind. Knowing Limos can't be contacted via telepathy, he instead uses a rather simple little spell to write "Will you please kill them before I kill myself" in the sky with huge flaming letters, and right in Limos's line on sight.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 07:50 PM
"Usually I just take mental notes on how everything interacts with everything else. So far that has worked out pretty well. And considering that I'm not even part of your pantheon I don't think that I really need to file any forms."

To cement this point he attempts to turn the binder into a live halibut.

"Besides. Aren't gods supposed to have a pretty much perfect memory and senses regarding things that apply to their portfolio? All of this seems redundant and useless."

Fenric
2007-05-19, 07:58 PM
The halibut still has "9000" written on it's side. It still radiates more law than anything has any right to. Moreover: the fact that it is a halibut doesn't seem to bother the Minister, as he begins to patiently explain...

The documentation isn't for you. It is for the people who will follow after you, so they can know what was done. It is also for third parties, so they can be assured that your processes are known and followed. It prevents trouble...

The Minister of Quality Assurance suddenly realizes that the trouble that would be avoided is the trouble that his own ministry is trying to cause.

Um... Do you like sushi?

The Minister of Extreme Programming shouts

Get him!!!

This has the unfortunate side effect of sixteen gods calling for a "bio break", three breaking out cellphones to call someone, one snoring loudly, and the Minister of Agile Methods screaming at the top of his lungs that the interface definitions haven't been agreed on yet.

Raiden blasts Limos with lightning. He's stubborn that way.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 08:05 PM
The re-maker buries his face in his hands, pretty much oblivious to the lightning bolt. Normally he doesn't like killing anyone, but he's honestly wondering if he would do everyone a service by wiping out the lot of them.

He's also getting fed up with the god of storms.

So he attempts to suppress the strong nuclear force binding him together. This would, of course, cause a good number of the nuclei in his body to fly apart, which in turn would cause him to explode rather spectacularly.

Fortunately he doesn't attempt to cause complete liberation of rest energy. He doesn't want to nuke the whole battle ground.

Not yet anyway.

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 08:09 PM
Aharon rises up from the ground, sensing no evil plans and systems meetings nearby.

Fenric
2007-05-19, 08:17 PM
The Minister of Subatomic Particles confers with the Minister of Undiscovered Physics, and they refuse to be blown up. After all, that is their speciality and they aren't about to defer to some generalist just because he happens to have a compelling argument.

The three on cellphones have their heads 'asploded: there is much cheering on both sides of the fourth wall.

The sleeping god wakes up in time to be horribly vaporized in agony far exceeding what should reasonably have happened.

Raiden, gets smashed with an interesting array of very short wavelength EM radiation, charged particles, fast neutrons, and the like. This mixture doesn't agree with him, and he stops being there (or anywhere else, for the time being).

The Minister of Quality Assurance is far denser than anything else that exists, and is, as such, completely immune to the blast.

The Minister of Agile Methods discovers to his loss that his component particles hadn't been doing their jobs after all, and the Minister of Extreme Programming learns the hard way that sometimes there simply isn't enough time to do things over again.

The Minister of Product Management dodges the issue, and brings up the requirements again. Not that anyone is listening...

The Minister of Marketing asks for a focus group, and the Minister of Sales wants to know if he can expense a new robe. The Minister of Finances fidgets and wonders how much of this is billable or not, while the Minister of Services argues that he hasn't got enough people to do the tasks at hand: let alone fighting a nigh-invulnerable godlike being.

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 08:25 PM
((Fenric, have you ever read The Phantom Tollbooth?))

Aharon suppresses a giggle. Limos was the bad guy remember? Limos.

((Its hard to keep a character serious when there are exploding bureaucrats around))

Fenric
2007-05-19, 08:28 PM
(( Nope. I'm a Senior Software Architect. I've been the Chief Architect at a startup, and seen more than a fair share of exactly this already. ))

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 08:39 PM
Limos glances between the remain gods. None of them are really a threat at all.

At least not a threat to his mission. A threat to his sanity maybe...

"Are the lot of you quite done yet?" Limos fumes.

Fenric
2007-05-19, 08:45 PM
The various ministers shake their heads

No, actually: lunch is being provided

Fourteen meat-lover's pizza's, ten pizzas with evernthing, ten pizzas with ham and pineapple, five with sausage, and one cheese pizza are delivered.

A big stack of paper cups appears next to a soda fountain; which has RC, 7-Up, Sweetened Lipton, and Minute Maid Orange Drink.

The gods grab flimsy paper tableware and grab pizza and soft drinks while gossipping about various inane subjects.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Product Management wonders if Myobu's wakizashi lying over in the grass is still sharp.

Hachiman springs up behind Limos and attempts to sneak-attack behead him.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 08:51 PM
The re-maker is about to see if he can't get some refreshments. This plan is thwarted, however, Hachiman.

Limos does indeed get stabbed in the back. He's now got a pretty nice blade sticking through his chest. He looks down at it in a rather stupid sort of way. Well, not exactly. He still has the blindfold on.

It ceases to exist.

Ok, now he sees the blade sticking out of his chest.

"Don't you have lunch to eat and pointless things to prattle about?"

You might be wondering how the god managed to run him through instead of decapitating him. It probably has to do with the way that space is warped around him.

Crazy stuff that warped space.

Fenric
2007-05-19, 08:57 PM
Hachiman looks over, and sees that the one cheese pizza is already gone.

Aarrgghh!

He goes even more ballistic and attempts to rain a flurry of devistating swordstrokes upon Limos

The other gods munch various unhealthy pizzas, gripe about not being able to have beer during working hours, and watch the "fight", occasionally giving unhelpful and generally incorrect advice.

One of the gods who got done with lunch early attempts to demotivate Limos with http://www.despair.com

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 09:02 PM
Aharon watches the fight impassively. A sword really wasn't going to do anything. Meanwhile he ponders the puzzle of the three souls mashed together.

Rebonack
2007-05-19, 09:08 PM
The wound doesn't really appear to be bothering Limos all that much. And he doesn't dodge the strokes this time.

Instead he blocks them.

Using one of those awful plastic butter knives. The sort that usually breaks along with the tines on the plastic fork if you use them for anything more vigorous than eating pudding.

The whole display is rather ridiculous to behold. Perhaps if the Minister of Justice were wielding a well done steak instead of a katana he would have more luck sundering Limos' weapon.

Seeing a suitable opening after a fair bit of dramatic sword fighting Limos thrusts his diminutive weapon forward in a bid to stick the god between the ribs and into the heart.

The Geomancer
2007-05-19, 09:15 PM
((This would be a lot easier if Aharon had met Maph'tey...))

Maybe Limos was insane because he was three souls mashed together. It was bound to be an uncomfortable process. If only there was a way to unmash them. But that would be about as easy as unmashing a potato because you want fries instead.

Fenric
2007-05-19, 09:23 PM
Hachiman's eyes bulge out in shock as his heart is pierced. He proceeds to fall to his knees and disappear.

The other god attempts to refresh despair.com on Limos again, since the first time didn't seem to work.

(( And I have to disappear again, myself. Bye . ))

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-19, 11:44 PM
Nothing I can do to stop you? We'll see about that! Evocation does some freaky hand waving thing that causes existence to try and pummel Limos a lot. Course, that does kind of fall outside his field...

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 12:14 AM
The universe informs Evocation that Limos had nicely asked it to calculate the nth digit of the golden ratio, though it would be happy to get back to him once it's done.

"If you don't want to die I suggest you leave. Now."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-20, 12:27 AM
I think that would be a good idea. Evocation! Illusion grabs the crazed wizard from behind. We are going now. Then the bothe of them pop out of existence.

The Geomancer
2007-05-20, 11:06 AM
Aharon, just for kicks, shoots a fire ball at Limos. Just because he knows its futile isn't going to stop him one bit.

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 11:27 AM
For some inexplicable reason the fireball does, in fact, do something.

It explodes, incinerating Limos as if he were nothing more than a level one commoner.

At the same time something rather odd begins to happen.

Space in this general area begins to fray. To distort in such a fashion that it would make that crazy Dead Time field Shea put together look positively tame.

For those with senses for this sort of thing it's obvious that the very fabric of the Continuum is being rent apart and drawn into the rapidly growing orb of throbbing power that is, even now, growing about twenty feet off the ground. Anyone from the fight at the KNAVEs HQ would probably remember what this thing does.

And it isn't the least be pleasant.

Rebonack climbs out of his folding chair and clears his throat.

"Attention everyone. Your attention please. If you don't intend to be vaporized for Plot reasons then now may be a good time to take your leave."

Interestingly enough, his voice is utterly inaudible to anyone who does intend to get vaporized for Plot reasons.

The Geomancer
2007-05-20, 12:16 PM
This would be Aharon's cue to leave. He quickly opens a portal to the plane of fire and steps through.

Fenric
2007-05-20, 09:56 PM
The silly bureaucrats don't seem to hear Limos. :biggrin:

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 10:18 PM
That's just dandy since the pulsing sphere of power...

The view pans back, the orb appearing as a small white spot on the wide, dreary landscape. If you squint really hard you can still make out the power point slides. Gods know why anyone would want to.

Out further now, the planes of bunch grass can now be seen clearly, nestled between a pair of mountains caped with snow. The orbs is now nothing more than a bright spot.

Further still, the empty landscape appears as little more than wrinkles on the world's surface. Ribbons of white and broad bands of brown with a tiny star-point of light.

And then, for fifty miles in every direction, the world ends.

The orb novas like a bloated star at the end of its years, spewing forth scything winds and withering heat. A crushing concussion wave ripples across the earth as air screams toward the epicenter to replace the white hot gas shooting into the sky.

A dome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcQX033V_M&mode=related&search=) of ionized matter spreads out for miles, first radiant like the sun and then gradually fading to reds and oranges as filamented plasma takes shape within. The star grows inexorably larger as everything within and around it are consumed by the stupendous heat.

Soon there after a cloud none to dissimilar to a mushroom rises above the ground.

The view pans back to the epicenter.

It's like a picture of hell, boiling glass and noxious vapor for as far as the eye can see.

And in the middle of this Gehenna stands Limos.

"I really hate it when I have to do that..."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:22 PM
((*gapes and points stupidly* I've never seen what an entire nuclear blast looks like! Holy crap! And Limos' version? HOLY CRAP!))*

*Please excuse language on the basis of being significantly surprised

Fenric
2007-05-20, 10:24 PM
And Limos is all alone.

McBish
2007-05-20, 10:26 PM
Well there are two frozen in time soul fragments.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:28 PM
((I think the dead time was removed actually...by one of deadly's characters))

McBish
2007-05-20, 10:32 PM
((This part is some very tough deadtime. Since nothing else I did worked, this did.))

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 10:37 PM
The re-maker of Realms decides to leave, since seeing all this death makes him depressed.

He promptly crumbles into a pile of glittering sand which melts instantly.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-20, 10:42 PM
((well the character did work rather slowly...eh. Doesn't matter that much I suppose.))

Rebonack
2007-05-20, 10:46 PM
((I was just waiting on the ok from Fen to blow up the Ministry of the Right. I'll be making the next thread for this Plot soonish.))

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 11:23 PM
Aesa appears, glaring.
No. I don't care how irritating they are- how much they may have deserved it. I won't let them all die like this.
She scribes a rune to reverse time, and then-
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
She blinks, wondering what could have stopped-
You've meddled with fate long enough, daughter.
Skuld melts out of the air, her spear ready, and her eyes gleaming.
Aesa turns and flings a bolt of snarling, hungry lightning at her mother.
Skuld raises her spear, blocking and absorbing it.
I should have expected you to attack me.
You killed my father, destroyed my life, and are trying to stop me from doing what should be done. Of course you should have, bitch.
Aesa flings a small sphere of force at Skuld, which snaps apart into a thousand tiny shards which try and slice her into bits.
Skuld stops it in an aura of stopped time and watches Aesa.
I'm doing what has to be done!
And I don't give a damn anymore about 'what has to be done.'
Aesa summons six infernals behind her.
You're blindly serving a path to stagnation, and dragging us all with you.
Even if I'm wrong- you ruined me, and I'm just getting the revenge I deserve.
The infernals work in concert, flinging a deadly bolt of darkness at Skuld- who is no longer there, but flashing in between them, running them through with her spear like they were naught but clay.
Aesa, however, summons her trademark flurry of missiles, letting the hundreds of white spheres of force flare and hum as they shoot through the air and blast the Norn off of her feet.
Skuld is back up in an instant, while the remaining two infernals circle her warily, and Aesa watches from a short ways away.
Skuld rends space, slashing the infernals in half without affecting Aesa at all. In fact, Aesa manipulates the space distortion and somehow creates an entire space of pure emptiness around her mother.
Skuld vanishes, and so does the space an instant later. Skuld is the only one of the two things to reappear, however, as she stepped into the future while the empty space ceased to exist.
Aesa was prepared for this though, and three blades of force attempt to run Skuld through, while a wall of force traps her in.
Skuld manages to fend off the blades with her spear, bracers, and breastplate, then bends space to appear outside of the wall of force and jab Aesa in the side, which succeeds rather well.
Aesa hisses, clenching a hand to her side as blood flows.
Skuld jabs her again, and Aesa falls to the ground, bleeding heavily.
I don't want to do this, Aesa. But you've made it necessary.
Aesa smirks at her, coughing up blood.
Skuld slams her spear at Aesa again, and then something odd happens. Probability realigns itself, and it is Aesa with the spear, still bleeding profusely, but she runs it through Skuld and pins her to the ground.
You may not want to do this...
Aesa draws Vera's old sword out of time- the one that she created when she believed Skuld had stolen Iames from her, and holds it to Skuld's throat.
But I've been waiting for it a long time.
She triggers the rune, and all of her hate, rage, and anger flows through it, changing into destructive force that slays Skuld in one agonizing instant.
Aesa drops the sword and vanishes in a spray of blood.

McBish
2007-05-25, 04:03 PM
Suddenly the dead time breaks apart around the smaller figmant. Damm no one else got trapped? I need to find someone to raise Shea. He disappears.

He comes back sometime later. Soon followed by Shea.

Ok freeze you first. He does so freezing the other figmant in deadtime. Then he starts to concentrate altering the giant circle around the area.

After hours of altering the giant circle Shea seems to be done. Right then, I guess it is now or never. Shea sighs and takes a deep breath. And triggers the circle and a glow covers the area. With a sudden rush of psionic power the deadtime gets blown away. The two figmants look around at Shea who is concentrating very hard. Suddenly there is another explosion of power and Shea is now lying alone in the field.

--------------------

Shea's eye slowly open up the next day. He looks around but can't seem to move. He sends out a telepathic distress call.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:16 AM
Aesa appears nearby, putting her hands in her pockets as she strolls over.

McBish
2007-05-26, 11:18 AM
Shea glances over, Hello Miss. He seems very weak and still unable to move.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:19 AM
Hello. What seems to the be the problem?
Aesa looks him over curiously.

McBish
2007-05-26, 11:21 AM
Um... well I think I might have screwed something up when I was putting myself back together. I can't seem to move.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:25 AM
Putting yourself back together?
Aesa attempts to see if there is a physical problem with his nervous system.

McBish
2007-05-26, 11:28 AM
Well me and my souls.

There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong with him.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:30 AM
Wait- souls?
Crap. Not the dwarf again...
Aesa switches her divinations to look at souls and spiritual energy. (And incarnum, really. :P)

McBish
2007-05-26, 11:33 AM
Um... yeah. I'm not really compleate. I am three sould fragments basically. When Limos killed me we were seperated but when Fenric raised me I managed to put us back together, but now I can't move.

What he says seems to be true but no energy is getting to his body right now, it all seems to be trapped.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:39 AM
Hm.
Aesa attempts to see if there are any sort of magical or psionic barriers that are keeping the spiritual energy from him, using a modified greater arcane sight spell.

McBish
2007-05-26, 11:40 AM
There seems to be a knot of energy that is blocking energy from getting to him.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:42 AM
Oh good. I was worried I'd have to get that dwarf god again.
Aesa starts investigating the energy, trying to figure out what type of energy it is, what effects it is having on Shea and anything else, and whether it would be bad to remove it.

McBish
2007-05-26, 11:49 AM
No I saw him once and I think watching him fix me once helped me figure out a better way to do it.

It is pure psionic energy probably from the backlash of energy after fixing himself. It doesn't seem like it is affecting him in anyway besides not being able to move and it would probably be good to remove it.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 11:54 AM
Better and better. I thought this might have been holding your soul together...
Aesa attempts a disjunction directed to work just on the one knot of energy.

McBish
2007-05-26, 11:59 AM
The knot disappears and energy slowly starts to flow to Shea's body.

Oh hey I think you fixed it. He wiggles his toes. Thanks I don't know how long I have been laying out here.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 12:00 PM
Too long, probably.
Aesa smiles and offers him a hand up.

McBish
2007-05-26, 12:01 PM
Shea takes it and stands up, though he still seems weak.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 12:04 PM
Aesa helps try and keep him upright.
Is there anywhere you can go to rest?

McBish
2007-05-26, 12:08 PM
Well I guess I could go to Inari's. I've been staying in there travellers quarters.

AmberVael
2007-05-26, 12:08 PM
Aesa nods and smiles.
Inari's is a good place.
She teleports them there.