PDA

View Full Version : Refugees: Gauging Interest (OOC)

Baeleck
2007-05-16, 09:42 AM
Ok peeps - I've been working up to an interesting plot with some of my characters, and I'd like some other people to get involved with this part. I already have to takers, but I would like more.

First off, here's the basis of where the plot has gone/is going:

Elune Sharrowdale and Umbras Darkslinger are two people from very different backgrounds. Yet when they met, they knew that they wanted to be together, whatever. The trouble was, that not everyone agreed with this, two people in particular. Lycande Sharrowdale, Elune's sister, was not (and still isn't) a great fan of Umbras, and couldn't bare to have them together. And there was Hokan Ashir, Elune's old departed mate, who although was not pleased about her having a relationship with the young human, was most concerned about what would happen if news reached Tirganach, their home city. He knew that it could tear their society apart.
Alas, news of it has already reached Tirganach. Lycande, in an attempt to break Elune and Umbras' relationship apart, has sent a letter to the high priestess Adale, explaining the situation. The tradition that couples should stay faithful too each other even after death has been broken, and worse, by one of Aryn's Chosen...
This has sent the city into a state of anarchy, with separate sects forming in the city. That is at current, but Elune, Hokan nor Lycande know about this yet.
However, soon the drow armies of the Crimson Empire will descend on the city of Tirganach once more, and without teamwork, the elven city will fall. Few survivors will make an escape, but those who do will flee to the Town in search of a new beginning and a new leader - Elune.
Thankfully, there may already be a temple waiting for them...
Basically, I am looking for people to take on a new character - perhaps another of Elune's sisters, another chosen, a temple healer (male) or a fighter (female). It'll be fairly pointless setting up a temple for only my characters, but if I have other players involved, then it will work much better.

It'll require the making of a new character, with these boundaries:

Race: Elven or Elf-draconic bloodlines
Class: Any, other than those that are evil-orientated. Females tend to be fighters, men are healers and work in the temples. Females are the only one who can become a 'Chosen of Aryn' (hombrew prestige class), and they must also study another form of magic. They often hold high ranking. Barbarians are also scarce amongst this society.
Alignment: Most are Lawful Good, some NG and CG.
Faith: Aryn, Elven god of ice.
Languages: Common, Elven. Many know Draconic.
Height: Slightly shorter than regular elves.
Hair: Black, brown, grey or white. Redheads and Blondes are rare. Chosen nearly always have white or near to white hair.
Skin: Palid complexion, Chosen have icy blue skin.
Armour: Tend to wear blues, greens, whites, greys, browns and blacks.
I know those guides might be fairly strict, but what do you expect from a rather cloistered society of elves all worshiping the same deity? I hope to get this plot running by Sunday, if not before, so you need to be quick in response. PM any questions to me. Hope you choose to get involved!

Exachix
2007-05-18, 03:22 PM
I'll help you out Bae!

I'll take a temple healer =)

Baeleck
2007-05-18, 03:27 PM
Ok, sure thing. The plot is likely to start off some time Sunday, when all these new characters will arrive in the town. They'll be NPCs to start with, and a group, but after they've arrived, then you can make your character come to life. The rest will stay as NPCs. Look out for them in a new thread I will be putting up about the temple of Aryn, and it might be worth having the character already created.

Timberwolf
2007-05-18, 05:01 PM
I'm interested but take a look at the PM I sent you.

Timberwolf
2007-05-19, 05:02 PM
Bump o' doom

Also, how do you want our character concept ? in the main OOC character thread or here or PM'd or anything ?

Baeleck
2007-05-19, 05:06 PM
Depends. If you're going to make a more long-term character, then I suggest the main OOC thread. If it's just a temporary one, then you might not even need a description. It's up to you, really.

If you want to PM it to me though, I would be interested to see what it is like =P.

Timberwolf
2007-05-19, 05:08 PM
Just having trouble with a name. I suck at elfy names. I was actually thinking maybe of creating the black sheep of Elune's family, if that's acceptable.

Raistlin1040
2007-05-19, 05:12 PM
I'll make another sister if I can. Perhaps the spoiled brat of the family.

Baeleck
2007-05-19, 05:13 PM
Sure thing. They're all really different. I'm guessing you've seen the whopping great list of names (half of which I nicked 'borrowed' from a game).

Sure thing, Raistlin. Lemme just give you each a name...

Timberwolf - Svava
Raistlin - Ashawe

Raistlin1040
2007-05-19, 05:18 PM
If it's all the same to you, could I name her myself. I prefer to name my characters, I don't borrow them from stuff.

Timberwolf
2007-05-19, 05:19 PM
If that's for Timberwolf, not Nightwing then I'll take it ;)

Actually, on second thoughts, I'll take the one you destined for Raistlin if that's ok.

Baeleck
2007-05-19, 05:21 PM
*blinks at other post*
Oops, sorry about that!
*changes name*
And go ahead. I'll just replace one of the sisters with your chosen name, Raistlin.

Timberwolf
2007-05-19, 05:23 PM
Ok, I'll get writing her up for the main OOC thread.

Raistlin1040
2007-05-19, 05:29 PM
How about Kilona?

Baeleck
2007-05-19, 05:34 PM
Sounds good. Now, which name do I replace...
*searches through for least-favorite one which hasn't been mentioned whilst RPing yet*

Timberwolf
2007-05-19, 05:49 PM
Ok, Ashawe is done and in the OOC character thread

Raistlin1040
2007-05-19, 06:18 PM
So's Kilona.

Exachix
2007-05-20, 11:37 AM
Sorry, I haven't started... can I have a name please (Temple healer) =).

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 11:44 AM
Ok, now I need to scrape one off the top of my head...

Gabar? Lemuel? Aedar? Any of those sound good?

Exachix
2007-05-20, 11:46 AM
=). Lemuel is good.

*yoink*

Timberwolf
2007-05-20, 11:47 AM
Why do I get the feeling I jumped the gun a little ? I just wanted to get her in the temple before I have to nip out in 20 mins.

AmberVael
2007-05-20, 11:47 AM
http://www.slacknhash.com/elf_name_generator.html

Choose the 'select from lists' and 'either' options and just put stuff together. They usually work okay.
And the prefix + suffix are not just added together. The end result is a bit different.

Baeleck
2007-05-20, 11:50 AM
That's not a problem. I would have got a whole group in earlier, but I had to dash off unexpectedly. I mean, if anyone was to arrive early, it would be your character, Timberwolf.

Website noted, Vael.

Timberwolf
2007-05-20, 12:03 PM
*chuckle*, guess so. Sorry anyway.