qube
2007-06-15, 08:21 AM
Jacob

17. "Guys, that was my last potion ..."

23. cast regen

29. attacks zombie

Cubey
2007-06-15, 10:25 AM
Cough... Bastard! Meredith runs forward to the zombie, slashing it upwards with her blade!

darkmist83
2007-06-15, 10:37 AM
Simon

(OOC: Yes I know I'm jumping the gun!)

26. "Time for some healing. Cure!" Simon will SPLIT Cure the party.

XX. Simon will cast Fire on the remaining enemy (if both are still alive, which I doubt, he'll Fire Manbat)

Tengu
2007-06-15, 10:40 AM
Manbat covers his head with an arm-wing as Simura slashed him over, dealing 16 damage to him!
"What was that? Did a mosquito bite me?"

Simon drinks the ether and his mind feels revitalized! (+20 MP)

Meredith's blow leaves a fiery trail in the zombie's body, slashing it in two! (98 damage)
Both of the undead's halves start to become black from the unholy energy that cummulates within them!
"I knew you'd do that! Bound Spell: Demi Nova!", Manbat screeches!
Zombie's body explodes, releasing a dark wave that engulfs all of you, apart from Sebastian who's hiding behind a stalactite!

---------------------------------
|Simon: 24 damage, 25 HP left
|Jacob: 48 damage, 49 HP left
|Simura: 32 damage, 33 HP left
|Meredith: 16 damage, 16 HP left

Jacob casts Regen on... himself? (I assume so, but you can still change the target)

Sebastian stabs Manbat for 35 damage - once again, the shield partially defends him from the blow!

Jacob (assuming he was the target of his spell) regenerates 10 HP.

Simon conjures small flashes of soothing light, that heal 35 damage to each of you!

---------------------
|Current HP:
|Simon: 60/105
|Jacob: 94/105
|Simura: 68/95
|Sebastian: 114/115
|Meredith: 51/110
---------------------

26. Simura
27. Manbat
27. Meredith
29. Jacob
30. Sebastian
30. Regen

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-15, 11:24 AM
(It would be nice to give us our current MP totals, too, Tengu.))

Simura drops to the floor, hopping forward two paces, then whips around, air rushing past her and towards the Manbat. "And another Aero!"

Perducci
2007-06-15, 11:34 AM
Sebastian thinks over his wounds and decides to drink a potion. Then realizes that he's fine and decides to hide again.

Flippin' wind shield crap.

Tengu
2007-06-15, 11:50 AM
Simura's Aero pushes Manbat back only an inch or two. (26 damage)
"Heehee, don't like this, do you? How about that!"

He turns around 360 degrees, throwing some red dust from both hands, which forms a circle around him, around 8 feet in diameter. The circle starts to shine intense red!
"Come on, try to attack now!"

27. Meredith
29. Jacob
30. Sebastian
30. Regen
33. Simura
33. Simon

---------------------
|Current MP:
|Simon: 15/22
|Jacob: 18/21
|Simura: 10/22
|Sebastian: 17/17
|Meredith: 15/23
---------------------

qube
2007-06-15, 01:54 PM
23. regen: yeah target is me
"Yo Bats. Come and get some ... I dare ya ..."

29. kick the cr*p out of bats (more like a knee in the gut)

Cubey
2007-06-15, 03:49 PM
Sensing a trap, Meredith doesn't attack the Manbat. She stands in a defensive position, ready to act as soon as the circle disappears.

Tengu
2007-06-15, 04:14 PM
Jacob hits Manbat for 68 damage, critically!
"Iiik! Thanks for doing as I told you! Flame Wave!"
A wave of fire emerges from the circle, and rushes towards you all, burning you and pushing you back!

|Simon: 32 damage, 28 HP left
|Jacob: 29 damage, 65 HP left
|Simura: 57 damage, 11 HP left
|Sebastian: 35 damage, 79 HP left
|Meredith: 29 damage, 22 HP left

The magical circle still is there, and it seems that it still has its power.

Simura can perform a Limit Break!

Meredith can make her move anytime she wants.
30. Sebastian
30. Regen
33. Simura
33. Simon
35. Jacob
35. Regen

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-15, 05:09 PM
Simura shrieks, and covers her face with her hands. The scent of burning fur fills the air, as the moogle staggers a bit, panting. "Hey, guys, did you know fire really hurts people with fur?" SHe swallows a bit. "Lil' help, Blackstar...? This kinda hurts..."

Also, Simura... will perform her limit break! And I can't describe it here due to the random nature of said limit break!

..Awesome!

darkmist83
2007-06-15, 06:33 PM
Simon
"Stop, drop, and roll! Cure!" Simon will cast SPLIT Cure. (on his turn of course)

Perducci
2007-06-15, 10:48 PM
Sebastian dives behind some stalagmites. (Hiding...in case you didn't catch that)

qube
2007-06-16, 02:08 AM
35. (since Simura seems to be in deep trouble, Jacob will use the only healing he has left available to him)
Jacobs charges up and his fists start to glow with green life mana; he charges Simura and punches her. instead of the hit connecting it goes right through her and the green spark fuses with the moogle.

(regen on Simura)

<41 I guess>. Again go full out against Bats: since the knee in Bats' gut was quite a succes, he 'll try a supprizing left hook instead of a right punch.

Cubey
2007-06-16, 04:04 AM
You stupid or what?! Meredith sneers.
Stop attacking, you're going to kill us! He's set up a counterattack spell! She comes right next to Jacob and punches him at the back of his head! (I hope this won't count as an attack)
He will have to remove it eventually! Don't do anything until then. She sighs, then punches Jacob again for good measure.

Tengu
2007-06-16, 05:14 AM
Sebastian dives for cover again.

Jacob regenerates 10 HP.

Energy condensates around Simura... and explodes in a fiery blaze, that rushes towards Manbat and hits him for 156 damage, making him burn!

Yet he seems not to care that he's on fire! "Hee, hee! That's the end of you! Flame Lash!"
He... grabs the circle, and it turns into a loose line, which suddenly bursts into fire! He flails Simura with it, like with a whip, and then it disappears!
Simura gets knocked back and falls down, aflame! (41 damage, 0 HP left!)

"You will soon share her fate - I was prepared for intruders, and therefore I cannot loose! Screech!"

Simon cures himself, Meredith and Jacob for 34 HP each (Sebastian is hiding and Simon cannot see him)!

---------------------
|Current HP:
|Simon: 62/105
|Jacob: 105/105
|Simura: 0/95
|Sebastian: 79/115
|Meredith: 56/110
---------------------

Meredith can make her move anytime she wants.
35. Jacob
35. Regen
36. Sebastian
39. Manbat
40. Simon
40. Regen

Cubey
2007-06-16, 05:18 AM
Khh! What did I say!
Meredith takes a step towards the Manbat, her sword at eyes' level.

It's over, bat boy...
Not attacking yet - waiting for the red circle to disappear.

Tengu
2007-06-16, 05:20 AM
It's gone after he used his last attack.

Cubey
2007-06-16, 05:21 AM
Ah! In that case...

Meredith charges forward, swinging her sword in a high arc, with the intent to lop off Manbat's head!

Tengu
2007-06-16, 05:33 AM
Manbat covers his head with his arm as Meredith slashes at him... and she chops it off! (76 damage)

(Since Simura is down, Jacob attacks now, I guess)
Manbat shrieks in pain and is not defending himself, and Jacob takes the opportunity to attack him, the hit giving out a sound of crushing bones and sending the monster back! (64 damage, critical hit!)

"This... *cough* is not over yet! I am prepared even for such an opportunity! My Contingent Teleportation will take me back to my lair, where I will plot your demise! I wouldn't sleep now if I were you!"
Magical sparks start to shimmer around him, and he fades away slowly!

A second later he appears in the same place.
"Crap."
Sebastian backstabs him! (35 damage)

"No... it cannot be! Magic is invincible!!"
Manbat slowly falls down on his face, without moving - he's dead.

Victory!
You all advance to level 7!

Spoils:
2000 gil
Star Pendant

But what about Simura...?

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-16, 06:29 AM
Simura is... still burning. And not moving. That's not exactly a good sign...

qube
2007-06-16, 07:41 AM
Jacob

"Meredith, what was that for?"

he looks down at the moogle.

"Anyone has a phoenix down?"

((ooc: the phoenix down comes before splitting the loot?
2000-500 / 5 => 160 for Jacob, 460 for Sebastian, 300 for the others))

Who gets the pendant? I suggest Simon, since he's the parties main healer ...

darkmist83
2007-06-16, 09:24 AM
Simon

After the battle, Simon runs over to Simura. "I wasn't fast enough!"

Simon will use his phoenix down on Simura. As she wakes up "I'm so sorry Simura. My spell wasn't fast enough." He says as he dusts the little bits of singed fur off her.

(Simon will get his share of the gold once he's done helping Simura, but who gets the star pendant?)

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-16, 09:28 AM
Simura sits up, coughing up soot. "Wh.. what did... did I just..."

She seems a little disoriented right now. "Simon..? Good morning, kupo~! ... Did I fall asleep?"

Tengu
2007-06-16, 09:30 AM
"You! Who are you? Help us!" You hear a despaired shout from one of the cages, barely visible in the darkness now that all the fires are gone.

darkmist83
2007-06-16, 09:30 AM
Simon

"Manbat hit you with a Fire Lash spell. You were dead for a minute or two. But you're back now. haha. Thank goodness. Can't lose our little moogle ~kupo. haha. We should help them."

Standing up and turning in the direction of the voices, since Simon can't see in the dark.

"We've been sent by the village elder to find the missin people of Bascen, I assume that is you?"

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-16, 09:32 AM
"Dead...? Oh..." She tries to stand up, but wobbles, and quickly sits back down. "Eheh... Um. Is someone gonna help those people, kupo~?"

Cubey
2007-06-16, 09:35 AM
Close one... Meredith wipes the sweat from her brow.
You have to be more careful in the future! Everyone!
She lets these words out suddenly, then moves towards the cages, not really cautiously but with her sword still in hand, just in case. She ignores the Manbat's corpse, for now.

qube
2007-06-16, 09:47 AM
Jacob

Keys, keys, keys ... Where are the keys to the cages
does the manbat has keys with him?

still, you didn't need to hit me!

Tengu
2007-06-16, 09:59 AM
You find the keys in a chest that's nearby, the same chest where the money was. (you didn't expect a creature with no pockets to carry gil with it, did you?)

"You, you are here to release us? God has listened to our prayers! We are from Bascen, my name is Eugene! This creature's bats took all of us here, and he gloated all the time - he barely gave us any food or water, most of the others are exhausted now!"

They are not exhausted enough not to start yelling simultaneously when they see you approach, though. There are around 10 cages, but only 6 of them are occupied - the kids are in one cage, and the adults are seperately. All of them look dirty and hungry.

Perducci
2007-06-16, 01:50 PM
Sebastian eagerly takes his portion of the loot, including the bit that Jacob gives him. Then realizing that Simura is hurt badly he rushes over. He sighs as she gets up and begins to move around. An idea forms in his head and he rushes over to Manbat's body. He begins to look it over for anything that could be sold. (Claw's, teeth, anything else that might be of value) If he finds something he cuts it off and takes it.

Well, aside from near death experiences that wasn't too bad.

Sebastian grabs the key and begins to unlock the cages.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-16, 01:52 PM
Simura waves a paw. "Near-death experiences are nothing."

She's still sitting on the ground, looking decidedly ruffled, not to mention singed. She's also breathing heavily, but that's not entirely surprising.

Perducci
2007-06-16, 02:06 PM
Sebastian laughs at Simura's remark. As soon as we get back, we have to get you cleaned up. I'm all in favor of just throwing you in the first puddle we come to and swirling you around a bit.

Tengu
2007-06-16, 02:22 PM
The prisoners get out of the cages, sobbing and thanking you almost histerically. The children and the old woman are exhuasted more than the others, almost too weak to walk on their own.

"This monster... but, h,how is my Katia? Is she alright?", asks Eugene.

Cubey
2007-06-16, 02:55 PM
Meredith shakes her head at Jacob. You acted too recklessly. We almost died.

She sheathes her sword, seeing the villagers leave their cages.

Katia is alright. So is everyone in the village. We came to help you, and we did. My name is Meredith Grange. She says, but she doesn't look at the villagers, glancing at Simura instead.

She was closest to dying, for sure... but it ended alright. She thinks.

darkmist83
2007-06-16, 10:07 PM
Simon

"We need to get these people out of here. Let's head back to the entrance. We'll climb up, those who feel they are strong enough to climb will climb up with us. Someone will stay down here and tie the rope around the others. The people uptop will pull the rest of you up. I need someone good with ropes to secure the line. Let's head out"

(Tengu can Simon hold a fire spell in his hand to use as a torch? Obviously spending the MP for it. If not he'll grab some wood from the sign and light it with a fire spell. I just think holding the fire would be cooler. lol)

Simon will pick Simura up and carry her, leading the hostages to the cave entrance.

Perducci
2007-06-16, 10:39 PM
Good idea Simon. I thnk someone should head back to the village and let everyone know what happened.

He turns to Meredith and shakes his head. Don't blame Jacob for that. That thing could have blasted us anyway. Trying to put it down quick was a decent thing to do. Heck, maybe it would have gotten more powerful if we would have waited.

qube
2007-06-17, 01:59 AM
Jacob

"I wasn't reckless, I wanted to divert his attention to me, so you guys would be safe! Excuuuse me ... and then Sebastian would not have been able to steal the kill" Jacob says with a smile.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-17, 05:00 AM
Simura growls a bit. "Sebastian, stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about. Spells like that don't get more powerful the longer you wait! They just stop after a while!"

qube
2007-06-17, 05:09 AM
Jacob

"well, yeah, unless he starts drinking potions again" Jacob shrugs.

Tengu
2007-06-17, 05:22 AM
Simon's fire-hand gives out quite a lot of light.

It turns out that none of the prisoners are in a good enough shape to climb the rope without any help at all, so it takes some time to get all of them up. No accidents happen, though.

It's still dark night, and as the whole group approaches Bascen there are no lights in the village apart from lamps carried by the patrolling guards. One of them probably noticed you, since you hear a loud bell ringing. When you arrive to the village, most of the denizens are gathered and waiting for you!

The prisoners mobilize all the strength they have and dash towards the crowd as fast as they can - and the gathering also heads your direction! With tears of joy, Linda runs into Zork's arms, Eugene and Katia hug each other tenderly, the kids run towards their parents! Everyone gathers around you, cheering and bombarding you and other prisoners with words.
"Our saviors! How can we ever repay you! Why are you wounded? What was the reason they disappeared?"
Granny Nelia heads towards her home, and returns a moment later with a small package - five home-brewn herbal Potions. "I don't have much, but please accept this, brave young ones."
"This is the happiest day of my life! I'll change, from now on I'm never drinking!", says Brian, then takes a long sip from a flask given to him by someone a second before.
Steven calms the crowd a bit. "Now, I know you all would like to congratulate our heroes and ask them many questions, but I think they are quite tired at the moment - they did a lot, after all."

When the cage with the pigeons appear in sight of any of you, whenever Sebastian left it (in one of the rooms?), it turns out there's one more pigeon outside it, with a message attached to its leg.

(Tell me how you split the loot, and Meredith and Jacob - tell me what you get at level 7. I want to update the stats.)

qube
2007-06-17, 06:16 AM
Jacob

(If it helps, Jacob casts regen on 2 of them)
((ooc, perhaps instead of no out-combat use, perhaps partial, of a fixed number;
level up posted in OOC thread))

Jacob fully enjoys the attention, the price of being a hero.
So he takes on of the potions. "Thanks! I'll save this for when I'm in a thight spot."

When he notices the birds:
"Hey, Sebastian, check out you're pigeons. I'dd do it, but i'm not good with animals ..."

((ooc: I'm the villager's aren't rich enough to shower is with other (expencive) gifts (like a battle cocobo) So I won't ask for one ... :smallamused: ))

Perducci
2007-06-17, 10:51 PM
Upon hearing the comment about how to repay us. Money always works.

(AH I forgot about Ivan and Rocky...the new one is Apollo. Of course Sebastian left them in a room and told someone to take care of them...yeah)

Oh yeah good idea. Holy Crap!! They aren't dead...I'm pretty sure we were supposed to do something with them too...oh well.
Sebastian retrieves the new pidgeon and reads the message attached to its leg out loud.

Tengu
2007-06-18, 02:06 AM
The message reads as follows:

Knights,
I have important news for you! It turned out that the teleporting spell which the thief used to escape led somewhere to the kingdom of Longvale, near the border. We cannot read any more details here, we need someone to analyze the magical trail of the spell somewhere nearer the spell's destination - and that'd be my agent, Alek, who resides in the Longvalian city Pales, near the border. You are to find his estate and contact him! When he asks about merchants, respond with my name, but spells backwards.
M.

Perducci
2007-06-18, 02:12 AM
Well, I guess we know what to do next. Sort of.

Sebastian retrieves Rocky from the cage and begins to stroke his back. I think we should send him back telling about what we did. I'll leave it to one of you to write the message.

darkmist83
2007-06-18, 01:07 PM
Simon

"I'll write it. In the meantime, I suggest everyone rest for the night."as he motions to his wounds, and everyone elses." We could use it. Mayor, would it be possible for you to arrange some transportation to the Longvalian city of Pales? We need to make our way there and any help you could provide would be most appreciated."

Simon will go to his room (whichever it may be) and write the note to the king as such:

M-
We have uncovered the reason for the citizens disappearances. We have eliminated the abductee. It was a man/bat creature, aptly named Manbat. He was abducting the citizens and had them in cages, for purposes that are unknown. All the abducted have been safely returned to their families, and we will be heading towards our next assignment once we recover from the battle and transportation can be arranged.
Simon

Simon will give the note to Sebastian so he can send it off on the pidgeon, and then he will go to bed.

Tengu
2007-06-18, 01:27 PM
"I am sure something will be arranged.", says Steven. "It's the least we can do. Goodnight."

Assuming that everyone went to sleep (I like the word "assume" much, judging from my posts here)...

*resting theme*

The early morning is sunny, and it seems that it will be a good day. Most of the villagers are not awaken yet, but... if you take a look from one of the windows that lead outside the village, you can see that there's a chocobo-mounted figure at the village's edge, near the cliff.

Perducci
2007-06-18, 02:02 PM
Sebastian sends the message off with Rocky. He then tends to the other birds, giving them fresh water and food. He coos a little to them and apologizes. I'll try not to forget about you anymore.

Sebastian sleeps peacefully and wakes early to play with his birds. At least he thinks the birds are his.

Seeing the chocobo rider at the cliff, Sebastian departs and sneaks up to see who it is.

Tengu
2007-06-18, 04:01 PM
The figure is quite afar from any buildings or trees, so it's virtually impossible to come close while still hiding. You notice that both the rider and the chocobo are heavily armored. When Sebastian, or anyone else, shows himself, the figure shouts: "Run away, you and everyone in this village! Enemies are approaching!" Then, before you could get any closer, they ride away to the north. The voice clearly belonged to a woman.

If you look down the cliff, you can see many other riders approaching at great speed. They will probably be here in 2-3 hours.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-18, 04:27 PM
Simura walks out of... whatever house she was staying in, yawning a rubbing her eyes. "What's with all the noise..? Can't a girl get some rest the day after she dies?"

She's wearing a night dress. A pink one. It has yellow chocobos on it, too.

Cubey
2007-06-18, 05:03 PM
A pile of clothing and other stuff, which was on the floor of Steven's house more or less since the group returned from Manbat's cave (and which you could've sworn snored loudly from time to time) rises up and composes into a sleepy, but armored and combat-ready Meredith.

What is going on? Trouble?

((Stat stuff: at this level I took +1 strength, magic and stamina. Skill: Ice Weapon. Bids on the pendant, unless someone else REALLY wants it))

Perducci
2007-06-18, 06:52 PM
Sebastian runs back to the village as fast as he can. Once there he finds the other and quickly tells them what he just saw before rushing to get Steven.

He isn't trying to panick anyone, but his demeanor betrays him. He is almost frantic in his movements. Once he finds Steven:

I hate being the bearer of bad news, but it seems as though an army is approaching. A strange armor clad woman told me they where enemies. I think it would be a great idea for everyone to get out of town.

qube
2007-06-19, 12:16 AM
((ooc: oh yeah, you'dd love that "and don't forget NOT to lock you doors" :smallbiggrin: ))

Jacob is yust awake when Sebastian arrives.
yawn

"An army you say ... who's would that be? Steven, any hostile groups around here that could form one? Sebastian, what can you say about the army? do we need to warn the palace of an invasion? or do ya think we can handle it ..."

"on second thought, which way is Pales. perhaps we can strike 2 cocobo's with one stone ... "

Tengu
2007-06-19, 05:36 AM
Steven does not lose cold blood. He rummages through his desk and finds a looking glass, which he uses to look at the approaching force.
"My eyes might not be as sharp as they were when I was young, b, but... they are soldiers of Longvale! Are they planning to attack us?!" He gives the glass to anyone interested to see:
The figures are small, but recognizible. They are riding chocobos in a military formation, wearing armor and light blue capes - and the crest of Longvale is a swooping golden gryphon on a light blue background! There's around 60-80 of them.

"Pales is roughly the same way, and Santiago has prepared five of his best chocobos to lend for you, but... don't tell me that you want to fight them! It'd be suicide... they will take a while to arrive, they have to go around the cliff to the place where it turns into a hill... we shall hide in the woods nearby - it's not safe, but safer than facing those soldiers, and much safer when we will have anyone able to swing weapons properly with us..." He looks at you meaningly.

qube
2007-06-19, 07:32 AM
Jacob

"Good idea ... Oh, Sebastian, burn the letter with got from M: theat way the contents doesn't get into enemy hands ... Oh and Santiago, thanks, I'll take good care of it."
((ooc: chocobo. check - now only sunglasses))

Tengu
2007-06-19, 01:34 PM
(I hope you don't mind that I speed up the current scene a bit, it's sort of a non-interactive part.)

The news have quickly spread, causing some panic that was luckily quickly stopped by immediate and firm actions by Steven:
"They are going to come here very soon! Don't waste any time, pack only what's needed!"
A crowd of villagers and animals forms, and heads towards the woods. It's far from silent, as almost everyone is disoriented, and nobody has any ideas why would Longvale do that...
Maybe because it's day, or maybe due to the size of the group, but no wild creatures decide to attack. Everyone seems to know where are they heading, since they arrive at a large clearing soon, probably used for exactly such situations in the distant past. It's not that far from the village though, and it's possible to observe the village through Steven's spyglass from here...

The soldiers are approaching! You can see them better through the spyglass now - their armor and cloaks bear the arms of Longvale indeed! Each of them is armed with a sword and two pistols, though their chocobos are not armored. The soldiers enter the village, and you can see as they search it, entering houses... you realize that if they were looking for the inhabitants, they could track the trail which they used with little effort...
Not even 20 minutes after entering the village, the soldiers are leaving! They head north, the same direction as the mysterious woman before.

Steven orders everyone to wait a bit more, in case they return... but even an hour later, they do not - they're surely gone! A small group of selected scouts (probably one or more of us are among them!) heads towards the village, and they soon return with news - the soldiers didn't take anything, apart from all food and water that the villagers left behind in Bascen and didn't take with themselves!

Perducci
2007-06-20, 02:51 AM
Sebastian heads back to the village with the scouts.

That's strange...the looked like they were looking for something.

To the rest of the gang:
What do you think that was all about?

Cubey
2007-06-20, 04:52 AM
Meredith crosses her arms, disappointed that she wasn't able to do anything about the riders other than watch.

They weren't here for the village. It'd be burning now if they were. She pauses for a second.
They took all the food, water too. Obviously they are on a long journey. Where to, I don't know.

darkmist83
2007-06-20, 07:47 AM
Simon

(yes I'm back, more on the OOC thread)

"I don't know what that was about, but they are obviously going somewhere with a very serious purpose, and it doesn't look like a peaceful one. Sebastion, we need to send another note to the king. I'm gonna need another bird to fly it there. Steven, it doesn't look like your town is in any more danger...although depending on where those soldiers are going, it could get worse. Keep a watch posted at all times to make sure you stay safe. We need to head to Longvale, for more information."

Simon will write this note and give it to Sebastion to send on one of his birds:

M-
About to leave Bascen, when an army of soldiers from Longvale came thru the town. There are about 60-80 of them. We do not know where they are headed, but they were headed north.
Simon

"We should get moving....how long of a chocobo ride is it to Pales from here Steven?"

qube
2007-06-20, 08:40 AM
Jacob

Jacob is getting aquited with his mount (giving is some grass, ...)

Tengu
2007-06-20, 09:23 AM
"I suspect that, on Santiago's chocobos, you should be able to arrive there even today. I've never been there personally, but from what I know you need to go south till you arrive at a road, and then follow it. Pales is a large city, you won't have trouble finding it. Good luck.", says Steven, and moments later you leave the village, those of the inhabitants who are not shaken or confused enough of what just happened waving you goodbye.

They even gave you some sandwiches for the way. The chocobos are good, obedient, and faster than average ones.

After going down the hill you arrive at Longvale's territory - vast, sun-bathed grasslands, mostly, with rare trees, hills or small valleys here and there. The chocobos stride through the high grass with ease.

A couple of hours have passed calmly, with the scenery barely changing at all... but suddenly you hear loud gibbering coming from somewhere, and a non-human shriek of pain! They come from a nearby dale!

Inside the dale, with his back to the wall and nowhere to run (though he does not seem like wanting to run), there is a tall man with scruffy blond hair, wearing a long leather coat and sun shades - and he is surrounded by the source of the gibbering - four 4-feet tall, humanoid creatures, with long ears, noses and sharp teeth, wearing baggy clothes and hats, and sporting knives - goblins! Another goblin lies down in the grass, dead.

darkmist83
2007-06-20, 09:41 AM
Simon

"Protect him! Get those goblins!"

Simon will cast SPLIT Fire on the goblins.

Perducci
2007-06-20, 12:32 PM
Before leaving, Sebastian sends Simon's message with Ivan.

Upon seeing the goblins, Sebstian rushes up to one of the goblins and tries to Steal from it.

Kaolins
2007-06-20, 02:11 PM
Trevor Tengil

Surrounded by the four goblins, and with his back pressed against the wall, a smirk crosses Trevor's face. It hadn't been long since he'd encountered and been attacked by these goblins, and it had been even less time since Trevor's thrown playing card's had lodged themselves in the first goblin, striking it dead.

Looking over the rim of his glasses, Tengil see's the party approaching on chocobo's. A quick glance at the well armored group widens his smirk, and with little hesitation Trevor returns his glare to the goblins.

"Looks like your luck's turned a little for the worse guys, not that you had a chance to start with!" Trevor says aloud, probably not reaching the main party over the commotion.

Knowing now that Lady Luck was smiling on him today, Trevor reached down to his belt, and moved his fingers quickly inside a square container and pulled out a set of three playing cards... Lined and weighted with enough metal to make them a powerful weapon.

Hearing Simon's call for protection, Trevor quickly responds,"Oi mate, save your steps and just kill off those goblin's. I'll be more than fine now!" Hard to see, but not impossible, Trevor winks and pulls down his hat, whispering something about luck and throwing his cards at the nearest goblin.

(When it comes about, I'll be using Deathblow on any full health goblin, or any goblin with their back turned. {I might be nuts, but looks like a pincer is coming up. <.<} Entitled to change based on information.)

Tengu
2007-06-20, 03:35 PM
When the group arrives close enough for everyone to fight... four other goblins jump out of the tall grasses behind them! It results in a double pincer attack!

Battleground looks like this:

Trevor
|
v

^
|
Goblins A-D

^
|
Party

^
|
Goblins E-H

Battle! (http://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff3savethem.mid)

6. Trevor
6. Goblins E, G
6. Jacob, Sebastian
7. Simura
7. Goblin H
7. Meredith
7. Simon
7. Goblin F
7. Goblins A-D
12. Jacob, Sebastian
13. Trevor
13. Goblins E, G
14. Simura
14. Meredith
14. Simon
14. Goblins A-D, F, H

Trevor throws two playing cards at goblin A. They pass through with great speed, leaving no visible wounds... the goblin's eyes suddenly turn blank and it falls down, dead! (72 damage)

Goblin E throws a stone at Simon, which hits him in the head and gives him a small concussion! (22 damage, temporal loss of 1 level!)

Goblin G backstabs Jacob with a rusty knife, giggling maniacally! (20 damage)

Sebastian yoinks a Potion from goblin B!

Cubey
2007-06-20, 04:13 PM
Hang in there! Meredith rises on a nearby rock, her sword already in hand.
Suddenly, 4 goblins spring from behind.
Tch... Meredith narrows her eyes and charges forward the goblins attacking Trevor, trying to cut the nearest one in two!

(Attack on whatever goblin that is NOT facing me, and if somehow all of them manage to turn towards me, then on the most wounded)

Perducci
2007-06-20, 05:06 PM
Sebastian kisses his fingers and taps them on his forehead. Perducci's got my back today.

With that he unsheaths his knife and stabs at the goblin he just stole from. A little insult to injury, my friend.

Kaolins
2007-06-20, 05:18 PM
Trevor Tengil

Trevor smiles to himself, not only from the precision of his strike, but the result. His face turns into one of pure delight when he sees the other four Goblins spring up behind the rescuing group.

"Ye-haw! Looks like we got us a real party startin' now!" Trevor calls over the sounds of attacking Goblins.

Watching Meredith climb the rock and hearing her chant to hang in there, Trevor takes his mind completely off the battle and looks over to her. "Ain't no need for hangin' yet, Sweet cheeks, party just up and started!"

(If B-D are still alive when his turn comes around, and any of them are facing the party, Trevor will use Geomancy. If two or less Goblins? He'll use Deathblow on one facing the opposite direction, and if they're both facing him, a normal attack on the weakest. Ye-haw for strategy!)

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-20, 05:24 PM
Simura leaps off the back of her chocobo - it's not very comfortable up there for someone so short - and flips through the air! She closes her eyes, then snaps them open. They're suddenly bright blue, and not in the way a mortal's eyes are normally blue...

"Mana.. speak!"

((You guessed it. Sense! Do I really need to designate a target? Simura will also turn to face the gobbos behind the main party.))

qube
2007-06-21, 12:44 AM
Jacob:
6. Regen on self
12. if HP < 30%: uses the mysterious potion on self
alse: attacks goblins (immediately using his limit break, but only on an unharmed goblin ):
order of buttkicking: goblin G-E-F-H-D-C-B-A
"stabing me in the back? feel my fist, ugly bastard"

darkmist83
2007-06-21, 01:06 AM
Simon

7. "What's their weakness Simura?" Simon will cast SPLIT Fire on the behind group, unless they're weak to Ice...then it'll be SPLIT Ice.
14. If healing is asked for, he'll heal. Otherwise SPLIT Fire (or Ice depending on Simura) so it hits maximum targets, whether in front or behind.

Tengu
2007-06-21, 03:44 AM
Jacob casts Regen on himself, and his wounds start to heal on themselves slowly...

Simura gathers information about your enemies!

------------
|Goblin
|Level 6
|HP 70/70
|MP 15/15
------------

Goblin H didn't like what just happened, because he throws a rock at her, hitting her in the head! (16 damage, 84 HP left, temporary loss of 1 level!)

Meredith charges at Goblin D and slashes him - he totally didn't expect this attack, and gets cleaved in two pieces! (88 damage)

Simon burns goblins E-H for 29 damage each!

Goblin F looks even more mischievious than usual for a second... he runs up to Simon and kicks him in the groin! (46 damage, 47 HP left)

Simon can use his limit break!

Goblin B runs up to Trevor and stabs him with a dagger! (20 damage, 95 HP left)

Goblin C turns around to Simura and runs towards her, kicking her in the... shin! (26 damage, 58 HP left)

Simura learns a new blue magic ability: Goblin Punch! (physical attack, deals double damage to enemies at the same level, no MP cost)

Jacob regenerates 11 HP (106 HP left).

Sebastian backstabs Goblin B for goodbye, as it falls down gurgling, blood gashing everywhere! (84 damage)

Jacob attacks the only unharmed goblin, C, with his limit break, and the destructive combo beats him into a pulp! (114 damage)

13. Trevor
13. Goblins E, G
14. Simura
14. Meredith
14. Simon
14. Goblins F, H
16. Regen
18. Jacob, Sebastian
20. Trevor
20. Goblins E, G
21. Simura
21. Meredith
21. Simon
21. Goblins F, H
21. Regen
24. Jacob, Sebastian

Perducci
2007-06-21, 04:10 AM
Sebastian spins around and attacks the goblin with least health behind him. Should all of those guys be dead by his turn, he will stab a nearby tree and curse loudly.

Perducci mok lat, nardar aatulob.

Kaolins
2007-06-21, 04:12 AM
Trevor Tengil

Trevor blinks a few times as he watches the goblins infront of him drop away, the smirk fading to a small smile. "Well, that just aint no fun" he says, following up quickly with "Oh well. Looks like we're gonna get to know one another, eh?"

Trevor will run up to the rest of the group, and.. Well. Assuming he gets another action, will plug a coin into the tiny slot machine on his wrist, pull the lever.. and... "Well let's see who's luckier, the random group of humans.. And the pretty little Mog" (With a wink to Simura) Or the group of big nasty backstabbin' Goblins!"

(Slots)

Tengu
2007-06-21, 04:27 AM
The slots start to whirl, and Trevor tries to stop them at the symbols that'd be most useful...

Diamond...
Diamond...
And diamond!

Jackpot! A wave of coins and jewels erupts from the slot machine, showering your opponents! Unfortunately, the valuables disappear in seconds after hitting the ground, but none of the goblins survived that! (48 damage to each)

Victory!

Spoils:
540 gil (90 for each of you)

Kaolins
2007-06-21, 04:53 AM
Trevor Tengil

Trevor plugs the Gil into the Gil-sized hole on his watch, and presses down, activating the tumblers and watching the machine carefully, aware of the dangers and benefits possible from each combination of symbols... Reaching over quickly and pressing the button on the left hand side of the watch, the first tumbler falls slowly and shows a diamond. The coin inside the little watch starts to turn into raw magic, only noticeable to Trevor, who knows exactly (kinda.) what's going on in the little machine... Another button press... Another diamond!

A bead of sweat forms just over his brow, as Trevor hits the button the third time, slowing the tumblers down to a crawling pace... A rare moment of concern strikes his face, knowing he'd make a horrible impression if this last symbol wasn't carefully chosen.. Seven.. Cherry.. Chocobo... Cherry.... Bar..... And finally the tumbler halts, sitting on a diamond.

Trevor's smile widens, feeling the Gil he inserted into the machine reshape from it's raw energy, and turn into a powerful blast of magic.

The small watch spews a series of coins and sharp diamonds, all of which find a mark on the attacking Goblins, causing enough small cuts and wounds to drop the lot of hooligans, thanks to their already burned state.

Fixing his hat into position, and pushing his shades up the bridge of his nose to hide his eyes, Trevor turns to face the group as the shower of precious money disappears behind him.

"Well... I've never been real good with 'hello's'... But a pleasure to meet ya'll." Trevor smiles and a wink is noticeable behind his pleasant dark shades, his demeanor comes off as extraordinarily friendly.

This just be my lucky day after all... If you don't count having to split the Gil...

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-21, 05:45 AM
Simura is kicked in the shin! She yelps, and hops on one foot. "Gah! Why you... little... ow!" She then stops hopping, and pauses, eyes flashing blue. "...Huh. So.. that's how they do it..."

Of course, at the mention of her being a 'pretty little Mog', she goes an odd shade of purple and hides her face! "Eee..!"

Cubey
2007-06-21, 07:08 AM
Over already... again? Meredith sighs and sheathes her sword in a quick move, slightly bending forward. She suddenly turns on her foot, to face Trevor.

And what was that supposed to mean anyway?! Who are you, anyway?! She almost barks these words out, appearing more annoyed than angry, pointing her outstretched finger at him.

darkmist83
2007-06-21, 07:41 AM
Simon

Getting hit in the groin Simon whelps and hunches over. Clutching his aching..man parts. "You little....Yeah you better die. That's the only thing that'll save you from me!"

Taking a minute to recover...well...maybe 2 minutes. He stands to full height and hears Meredith questioning the target of the goblins attack. "Let's take a second to calm down guys. My name is Simon, and you are....?" Simon says to the strange gentleman. (Waiting for a response) "Any idea why they'd attack you, other than the obvious reason of being....mischevous"he says as his hand slides a little to his crotch.

qube
2007-06-21, 09:24 AM
Jacob

"Oh man, And I was yust starting to have fun ..."

Kaolins
2007-06-21, 02:22 PM
Trevor

Trevor takes a quick glance at Meredith, and grins. He walks forward without saying a word, and puts his hand over her pointing hand and lowers it, getting a bit closer.

"Actually, Darlin', where I come from... Talkin' like that, pointing and demanding answers... That leads to trouble... And I wouldn't wanna mess up that pretty little face of yours."/COLOR] He says this low enough that Meridith can hear it clearly, and anyone who's intent to hear it can as well.

Trevor's face turns into a smile again, and he turns around quickly, putting his hands behind his head and stretching. [COLOR="Sienna"]"But of course, since you asked so Nicely, my name is Trevor. Trevor Tengil."

He spins around to face the general group again, looking from person to person, noticing Simura blushing, which prompts another wink. "Now, I ain't gonna beg for names if you don' wanna give 'em.. But I am curious." Trevor says, with a smile.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-21, 02:55 PM
"Simura!" the moogle explains, smiling warmly. "And it's not a good idea to threaten Meredith, y'know. I've seen what she can do. You haven't!" She keeps up that warm smile, although it doesn't look entirely sincere anymore...

Cubey
2007-06-21, 03:50 PM
Tch! You should be happy we came to help you. Meredith moves her head to the side in a snappy move, then walks a few feet away.

Our work's done here. Let's go, we're in a hurry.

Perducci
2007-06-21, 06:04 PM
When seeing all the gil fly at the goblins, Sebastian's heart goes all aflutter. Then when it disappears, his mood takes a turn for the worst. He stands stunned.

Sebastian begins to laugh at the Trevor/Meredith situation. He walks over and offers his hand. Come on Meredith, I like this guy. My name's Sebastian. He gives a glance to his watch reels. What we need to do is find a way to make all that gil stick around.

Kaolins
2007-06-21, 06:42 PM
Trevor

Trevor takes Sebastian's hand and shakes it, taking care to watch all of his belongings, having seen him sneak a potion off a goblin, a feat not everyone can do.

Addressing Simura's comment...

"Ahhh, Don't worry about her. She makes the kill clean. At least I wouldn't have to feel it." Trevor winks and nods over to the Goblin Meredith cut in half.

"A smile wouldn't kill ya, lass." Trevor directs to Meredith, turning to finally address Simon's comment. "It's a shame... It almost always disappears right after it's formed. I imagine if I could get it to stick around, I wouldn't have to worry about goblin's none.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-21, 07:09 PM
Simura leans on one leg, crossing her arms. "It vanishes because it's not real. It's just a solid illusion. It's a really interesting one, but still. It's not actually real... I suppose if you could make the duration longer you could spend it, but then it'd just vanish out of the shopkeep's purse and you'd be in big trouble."

Perducci
2007-06-21, 08:59 PM
Sebastian laughs a little. Simura not that I've ever doubted my favorite moogles magic advice, but what kind of illusion does damage?

And I doubt I'd stick around to let the shopkeep figure it out.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-21, 09:35 PM
Simura shrugs her shoulders. "No one ever said illusions just simulate sight. They can simulate hearing, smell, taste, touch... an illusion can be just as solid as a stone wall if it's crafted properly."

She taps her nose. "Your only way of knowing what's real is by trusting your senses. When something fools all of your senses, it might as well be real."

darkmist83
2007-06-22, 01:30 AM
Simon

"Nice to meet you Trevor. Guys...do we really have to discuss the uses and implications of illusions RIGHT now? I graduated from the academy so I'm done with the learning thing. haha. Simon finishes laughing and remembers the army. "We have a long way to go yet and we really shouldn't waste much time. Our task is kinda time critical from the looks of that army we saw this morning"

qube
2007-06-22, 04:55 AM
Jacob

"So what you're saying its that its 'real' fake? Oh well, that real enough for me."

He turns to Trevor
"The name's Jacob Hextombe." and he crackes his knuckels.

"Simon's correct: now is not the time for chitter-chatter."

Kaolins
2007-06-22, 05:08 AM
Trevor

"Nice ta' meet y'all!" Trevor says loudly, finally introduced to everyone... "Don't suppose you're heading towards a city? I'd gladly share a chocobo with one of these gorgeous women if you are"

These words are said with a sincere smile, and after a quick glance to Meredith to make sure she isn't listening, he adds... "And by that... I mean I'd gladly share a ride with the pretty Mog."

(OOC: And now to drop away for 12 hours. If the GM wants to speed things up, feel free to fill in lines or some such. :) )

darkmist83
2007-06-22, 10:17 AM
Simon

"As a matter of fact, we are headed to a city. We're on our way to Pales. If you would like the company we will allow you to come with us as it is, obviously, dangerous to traverse the roads alone. Let's move out."

With that Simon will remount his chocobo and (assuming the rest of the group follows suit) will continue on the road toward Pales, keeping his chocobo moving at a swift pace to make up for the time spent fighting the goblins.

Cubey
2007-06-22, 12:55 PM
Yeah, let's go. Meredith mounts her chocobo and already rides off a few meters when she hears Trevor again.

What, he's coming with us?! She sighs in surrender, and continues to ride the chobobo forward, a dark cloud of confusion and annoyance (administered in equal doses) over her head.

Well, I was somewhat rude to him. He could be useful for us... doesn't seem like a bad guy, aside from being goofy... but who isn't here? She thinks, raising her head to look at the sky.

Tengu
2007-06-22, 12:59 PM
Assuming that one of you, probably Simura but who knows, takes Trevor on their chocobo too...

Around 5 PM, you arrive at Pales. It's a rather big city, many of the inhabitants are merchants, nobles or other high-class folk. The buildings have light, plaster walls and dark, steep roofs, most of them are both high and wide-spread. The cobbled streets are broad, leaving quite a lot of space between houses. The city is not surrounded by any walls, but there are many stone towers at the borders. Roads and railway lead into the direction of, probably, other cities.

One of the biggest estates belongs to Alek. There seems to be a lot of commotion there, servants bustling in and out through doors all the time, some of them carrying large packs.

qube
2007-06-22, 01:05 PM
Jacob Hextombe

Jacob remounts his chocobo "Go Chopper... !"
he leasurely sits in the saddle, the rains in his hands and he gives Chopper a friendly tick in his sides.

(ooc: with his sleaveless leather jacket, fingerless leather gloves, ... I'm going for a biker-style; but since motorcycles don't exist in this world, he's riding a chocobo instead (guess why he named his chocobo 'Chopper' :smallbiggrin: ) )

(OOC: edit: removed comment about toughts; could you, next time

Cubey
2007-06-22, 01:29 PM
(In case you didn't notice, Meredith's last/longest comment was just her thinking, not talking. So barring natural telepaths, no one in the group could hear that)

Kaolins
2007-06-22, 01:43 PM
Trevor

Trevor happily shares a chocobo with whomever offers, (Hopefully Simura. ;) ) And makes idle chat on the way to Pales... Offering directions and assistance to the group if they tell him where they're going. Notable comments include flirtatious behavior with both female party members, questions about WHAT the group is doing in Pales... And comments about how just recently, Trevor had set out as an adventurer to acquire funds for himself.

(You never know if the new guy is a telepath. <.<)

Cubey
2007-06-22, 02:11 PM
Meredith gives Trevor a surprised look, but more and more annoyed with every flirtatious comment.

Geez...

She doesn't comment or answer his questions on the party's mission though.

When they arrive at Pales, she heads straight towards Alek's residence, dismounting as she gets very close.
Finally. This took long enough. She glances meaningly at the rest of the party, then enters the building unceremoniously.

Tengu
2007-06-22, 02:16 PM
Some of the servants get in Meredith's way. "Sorry, lady, entrance is restricted."

"What's going on over there?" A figure appears on the balcony above the main entrance. It's a well-dressed man, with long black hair, noble face with well-defined cheekbones, and a goatee, and he grins slightly all the time. "Who are you, people? I'm sorry, but we are quite busy with lots of preparations at the moment. Especially since we're missing some important things we need for the party, and none of the local merchants have them! You're travelers, maybe you know if any traveling merchants came to town recently?"

Perducci
2007-06-22, 03:34 PM
Sebastian, who had clearly not been reading minds looks at Jacob with a raised eyebrow. He shrugs and rides mostly silent on the way to Pale. He gives a low whistle when he arrives.

A guy like me could really make it here.

He's to busy scoping out the building to pay much attention to anything, so the man's question startles him. Hmm, we were supposed to say something backwards...how do you say that backwards.

We..uh....camel? No no Hcalam!

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-22, 04:04 PM
Simura does, indeed, allow the newcomer to ride with her. She's the smallest, after all. She completely ignores his flirting, however, although her cheeks do stay tinged with a blush most of the way!

When they arrive, she wracks her brains, trying to remember the password! Again, she really wasn't paying attention. She's just going with the flow currently!

Tengu
2007-06-22, 04:11 PM
Alek's (at least you hope it's Alek) face gets blank for a second, but suddenly you can almost hear his mind clicking into correct place and he smiles again. "Really? That's great news indeed, I'll send one of my servants immediately to him! Guess I'll have to do you a favor too, seeing as you helped me. Hmm, would you folks perhaps be interested in joining the ball? I'm sure you will enjoy it!" He counts you, pointing a finger at each one of you, and throws you a small stack if tickets. "Now please forgive me, I'm very busy. See you later!"
He disappears inside his house.

There are six tickets, and they look like this:

------------------------------------------
AN INVITATION TO
THE "SAVE THE CACTUARS" CHARITY BALL
TONIGHT AT VILLA ALEK
STARTING AT 7.30 PM
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b5/Cactuar.jpg
------------------------------------------

Cubey
2007-06-22, 05:04 PM
Meredith stands still, holding the invitation in her hand, staring at it as if it were to burst into flames and explode suddenly.

I... can't say I expected that.

Perducci
2007-06-22, 05:59 PM
Sebastian takes his ticket and smiles. No way this is real...

Uhh....are we actually going to this ball thing. Seems pretty formal. He looks down and shuffles his feet a little. Anyone know how to dance?

Cubey
2007-06-22, 06:08 PM
Formal... fancy dress party? Meredith looks up thoughtfully.

I will have to polish my armor. We have to look the part. She says with resolve.

Kaolins
2007-06-22, 06:33 PM
Trevor

Having tagged along this far, (Riding the chocobo and talking to his new friends)
Trevor looks thoughtfully to the invitation he just got, and then starts to laugh out loud.

"Turns out ya'll are good luck! I've been to some fancy parties.. But never got invited for nothing." Trevor grins and tucks his invitation away in his long coat.

"Don't know about you lot, but I'll be attending... Anything that eccentric Alek runs usually turns out to be a blast.. Or so I've heard." Trevor says this with an air of seriousness, before looking up, smiling, and asking... "Don't suppose either of the pretty ladies need a date for this affair..." He'll wink, and hang around to see what everyone's up to.

qube
2007-06-23, 05:17 AM
Jacob Hextombe

Jacob pets Chopper on the head.

"I'm also good at parties. at least in crashing them... hmmm... I don't think that would be appreciated though. Charity ball he? does that mean we need to make a donation? ... "

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-23, 08:30 AM
Simura panics! "I have nothing to wear! All my clothes are dusty and muddy, and the only things I really take care of are my armour and my sword!" Frantic panicking!

She then pauses. "...Why would anyone want to save the cactaur?" She pauses again, then looks at Trevor. "Exactly how do you expect me to dance with a human?"

Cubey
2007-06-23, 10:28 AM
No need to panic, this is no life-or-death situation. Meredith nods briefly.
All you need is appropriate clothing. Lacking one, I'm sure you can buy something in a shop. She brushes her breastplate with a rag, which she produced no one knows from where. As a knight, I am good to go.

Tengu
2007-06-23, 11:42 AM
The city is large and there's little trouble in getting anything from the standard list... but everything apart from food and rooms is 10% more expensive!

Feel free to say when you're done with preparations.

Kaolins
2007-06-23, 01:19 PM
Trevor Tengil

"Moogles have always amazed me with their versatility and creativity, Simura."

Trevor, having no intentions nor need to clean up for the party, will either wander around trying to find anywhere to gamble for lowstakes, or make simple conversation with any of the group that he runs across... Not really needing to prepare anything, nor having the money to do so.

Cubey
2007-06-23, 01:21 PM
I'll be here. Despite what she says, Meredith goes off somewhere.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-23, 01:21 PM
Simura just scratches the back of her head. "I think that's a cultural thing..." Simura shrugs her shoulders, then goes off to find a tailor!

She's going to buy a dress. A nice dress. Not too nice, but certainly something that shows that, yes, there is a woman under all that fur! Preferably something blue. She likes blue.

qube
2007-06-23, 01:22 PM
Jacob looks for some stables for Chopper and if he needs to sleep, he'll find a cheap motel. Jacob doens't need new clothes: his quality leather jacket and fantastic jeans are good enough for the party (at least in his mind).

Ooooh the city ... "Time to try one of those famous Pales' Hotdog"
(how much would it cost to get my clothes cleaned, stabling for Chopper and two (since they're too good to eat yust one) Pales' hotdog ?)

<if this world doesn't have hotdogs - replace by something about the same>

Tengu
2007-06-23, 01:31 PM
For all this, Jacob pays 30 gil.

Simura manages to find a not too nice dress that's fit for her height and figure - made from first-class (at least according to the tailor) blue silk. It costs 220 gil. (If you want more details, feel free to make them up yourself.)

Trevor manages to win 5 gil. He gathers some information, mostly nothing interesting, apart from one: many people have thought being followed or observed by something lately... something that's not human. Due to those rumours, security is getting tightened slowly.

(I'll update your money later, because I'm extremely lazy.)

Cubey
2007-06-23, 01:35 PM
Meredith left to take a bath somewhere (possibly counts as a room in an inn), and to clean her clothes - they're probably caked in filth by now.

When she returns, her shining armor is impeccably and almost annoyingly clean, and so is her skin (although still not looking very healthy, yellowish and all). Her hair is somewhat tidened up and kept loose, untied. No new fancy clothes - apprently Meredith tries to win the crowd with the strength of her personality alone. Surprisingly for a ball, she still carries her sword.

Perducci
2007-06-23, 11:41 PM
For preparation, Sebastian sharpens his knife and practices his sneaking and battle techniques. Somewhere secluded.

He returns to the group after a while and gives a whistle to everyone who has made themselves more presentable. Ooh aren't you all some good looking people. He gives a wink to Meredith. Maybe it'll be a costume party.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-24, 05:32 AM
Simura does a little twirl in her new blue silk dress, and giggles. She's, um.. she's still wearing her metal boots, though. Odd.

Cubey
2007-06-24, 05:36 AM
I have no idea why you said that. Meredith crosses her arms at Sebastian's comment.
Everyone ready? What time is it? She glances around casually, maybe there's a clock up on a town hall or something like that.

qube
2007-06-24, 05:43 AM
Jacob Hextombe

Jacob's arrives, his leather jacket, leather overpants and mythral equipment completely cleaned.

"Yo ... I thought you guys would be ready by now ..." :smallwink:

Tengu
2007-06-24, 05:45 AM
It should start soon, especially since guests start to approach - by foot, chocobo carts, riding chocobos, by strange steam vehicles, or by another means. Unlike most of you, they usually wear expensive and elegant clothes.

Simon is still late.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-24, 09:20 AM
SImura mumbles to herself. "There'd better not be any cactaurs here..."

Tengu
2007-06-24, 02:34 PM
(Simon will catch up later.)

It's time, so I guess you enter the estate. A servant at the entrance takes your invitations, looking at you in a slightly strange way ("what are those people doing here?"), and lets you through. "Ballroom to the right, ladies and gentlemen." You go to the right in the hall, and enter the ballroom... (http://www.squareenixmusic.com/midis/ff8/dancewiththebalamb-fish.mid)

It's huge! And a lot of guests have gathered here already. Though the ball has barely started, all the usual attractions are here - there's music, there's the buffet table, servants are walking here and there with plates... on the hall's center there is a large money box, where apparently the guests are expected to put gil, jewels and other valuables. There are tapestries hanging on the walls and railing, with a common theme - cactuars, usually in their natural territory (desert). Near the entrance, there is a small table, chock-full of paper hats that look like cactuar's head - many of the people at the ball wear such hats, including Alek, who's at the moment busy greeting some people who are apparently his friends.

Kaolins
2007-06-24, 03:43 PM
Trevor

Trevor walks into the ball wearing his usual clothes, a bit dusted off before walking in.
"Dress looks gorgeous on yah', hon'. Trevor says in passing, walking by Simura with a wink.

Trevor walks to the table with the Cactuar hats and looks at them for awhile. Eventually dropping his cowboy hat back, tying it to his neck so it stays on his back, and puts on one of the silly hats. He proceeds to the closest he can make it to Alek and the Center of the ballroom, and despite the choice of music, dances the dance of the Cactuar...(Which should amuse anyone who's seen them before)

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-24, 04:05 PM
Simura gives Trevor a Look. "You are aware that I'm a different species, right?" She shakes her head, trying not to blush too hard. "What is it with this guy? What's so great about walking plants?"

Perducci
2007-06-25, 01:35 AM
Sebastian walks into the ball. It takes every ounce of self restraint he has not to rush up and try to get the money from the box. He even puts a gil in it.

He then stands looking around, not really doing much, just trying to stay out of the way and not look too out of place.

Cubey
2007-06-25, 04:44 AM
What did you expect? It's stronger than him. Meredith answers to Simura. After a thoughtful while, she adds. The dress's nice though.

Having finished her conversation, Meredith moves proudly towards Alek, not very hastily though - there is time.

qube
2007-06-25, 04:48 AM
Jacob Hextombe

Jacob keeps himself not far of the entrance, against the wall.
ball's and such are not up his alley.
He yust observes the people who are invited and the people who're working there.

Tengu
2007-06-25, 07:40 PM
Alek notices Meredith and bows. "Hello again, m'lady. Enjoying the party?" He looks around to see if nobody (apart from maybe other members of your group) can listen, and says in a much quieter way: "So... M requires my skills once again... what'd it be?"

Looking around, Jacob seems to notice a shadow of some sort in one of the windows... but when he looks again, it's not there.

"Excuse me.", Sebastian hears behind him. There is a man dressed in a green (?!) tux behind him, black-haired and in middle age, holding an empty flute. "I'd like another flute of champagne."

Perducci
2007-06-25, 10:01 PM
Sebastian almost draws his dagger. He turns around almost glaring at him. He keeps his cool and calmly speaks to the man.

Wouldn't we all? He forces a smile. I'm afraid I'm not part of the catering staff sir.

qube
2007-06-26, 12:23 AM
Jacob

not having hear the rumor about something stalking around, Jacob dismisses it
damn, am I tired already? I must keep focus
(Jacob pays extra attention now)

Cubey
2007-06-26, 12:03 PM
Meredith glances to a side, making sure no unnecessary ears are overhearing.
As you probably know, thieves have stolen the king's sceptre. And we are after them. They teleported out, somewhere to Longvale. We do not know the exact location, you are supposed to help us by analyzing the spell's trail and pointing the location. She lets it all out hastily in one breath (it's faster that way, less of a chance that someone will overhear), then takes a deep breath.

The party... is fine. I'm sure others are enjoying themselves. She shrugs.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-26, 12:07 PM
Simura whimpers a bit, pulling on Trevor's trouser leg to get his attention. "...People keep offering me alcohol. Could you scare them off with your weirdness?"

Simura really isn't good at parties. Too many new people all at once can give her a headache, due to all the new strands of mana.

Tengu
2007-06-26, 12:19 PM
Trevor does a good job in both attracting amused sights AND scaring people away, actually.

"Ah, please forgive me. I must've misjudged due to your... outfit.", says the man to Sebastian, and goes away.

Alek, who was sipping wine while listening to Meredith, suddenly coughs it up. "What? I didn't know this!" He realizes that he says it completely aloud, and gets quieter again. "This is a grave situation... there's little time to lose. Please tell me the location where their teleport started, and describe those who went through the portal... maybe you know their names, or have something that belongs to them?"

Cubey
2007-06-26, 12:39 PM
Not good... Meredith whispers, hardening her jaw.

There was only one who teleported. Black hair, long. Meredith looks up thoughtfully, rubbing her chin. And green tattoos on his face, looked like thunderbolts. His name... Talen. An elf. He fled from a back alley in Sour, not that far from the Academy.

Meredith reaches to the side to grab a drink from a passing servant. She takes a sip, trying to remember anything she might've missed.
That's all. She gulps the drink, pausing for a moment, before taking a second (bigger) sip.

Tengu
2007-06-26, 03:01 PM
Alek looks concerned for a while, then suddenly smiles widely. "That's great, more than enough information to track the end of the teleportation path, or maybe even that individual! I must prepare the correct instruments, would you and your friends join me upstairs in an hour? Enjoy the ball in the meantime."
Before hearing a response, he bows and goes away, up the stairs, and disappears behind one of the doors.

Cubey
2007-06-26, 04:08 PM
Huh... Meredith finishes up her drink, then looks around the room with an expressionless gaze.

Not bad... booze neither.
She mutters to herself.

Perducci
2007-06-26, 05:44 PM
Sebastian takes a step after the man before turning away. He looks around for something interesting to do. He grabs a passing servant and asks him to bring him something strong and a shotglass.

If we weren't on a mission, I'd rob this place blind. He stretches out his fingers making them crack.

Tengu
2007-06-27, 11:53 AM
"Excuse me, may I have another glass of this fine wine?"
"And a plate of fish for me, please."
Apparently there's something Sebastian's clothing has in similar with the servants', since guests keep asking him about stuff.

Jacob notices that in the crowd, a girl keeps looking at him shyly all the time. But immediately after that, a large, fat and obviously quite drunk man cruises through the hall, taking him under one arm. "Hey, don'cha just love cactuars?!" He continues through, taking Meredith under the other one on the way. "Cactuars sure are cute!!"

Cubey
2007-06-27, 12:03 PM
Meredith looks at the man angrily, but with only one (kinda clouded) eye, the other closed.
Someone drank too much... leave me... Her cheeks are flushed, she sways slightly as she walks, and in her hand she holds a flute of wine - not the first drink she had this night.
Leave me be...ee urgh! She pauses, looking sickened. I don't feel... good.

Kaolins
2007-06-27, 02:57 PM
Trevor

Dancing away, despite all the odd stares and occasional smiles, Trevor seems to be having a carefree blast for most of the party.

His keen ears manage to pick up on several of the conversations going on, (aided by the fact his crazy dance keeps him moving about the room)

After awhile, a quick glance over displays a rather rude looking man with his arm around Meredith. At which time Trevor starts to make his way in that general direction.

"Leave me be...ee urgh!" hearing this and knowing Meredith is obviously uncomfortable, Trevor takes a quick step behind the drunken man. "I don't feel... good." Trevor steps forward quickly, and hopefully pulls this mans arm away from Meredith, stepping forward quickly and replacing the arm.

"Do forgive me sir, but this fine lady obviously isn't feeling alright, on top of having come to this party with several men of better semblance than yourself. I hope you wouldn't mind terribly if I escorted her somewhere where she can catch her breath?" Trevor says this all quickly, and keeps walking the entire time, doing his best to keep Meredith on a straight path... Then moves to either take her outside so she can catch her breath, or if a bathroom is closer... Well. Direct her to the door. (No pervertedness for you all. :P)

Cubey
2007-06-27, 04:26 PM
Knight in shining... armor to the rescue, huh?
Meredith glances at Kaolin, leaning her head to one side.

I'm alright. Stop blurring like that. She eyes around, noticing they are outside already, and takes a deep breath. Good wine here.

Perducci
2007-06-27, 05:17 PM
Sebastian rolls his eyes and goes to fetch some wine and fish for the partyers. When he delivers it, he also demands a large tip.

If they don't agree, Sebastian will take their wine/fish and slam it into their faces.

He also sees Meredith and Trevor heading away. ooooOOOOOoooo...I'm going to have to hound her about this

Tengu
2007-06-27, 06:20 PM
Sebastian actually receives a 25 gil tip!

Guests start to whisper between each other. You (unless you're Meredith or Trevor, or Simon if he's not here yet) can hear some pieces of the conversations:
"Who are those rough-clothed people? Were they even invited? Have you noticed some of them, like that woman who just left, have weapons?"
"How is Alek going to actually help the cactuars? I've heard he's going to cut down forests and make desert in their place."
"I suggest that we make another charity ball soon, this time for the poor. Look at this servant, his clothes are all ragged." (this is, of course, about Sebastian)

The big man starts to declare a haiku:
Oh, mighty cactus
thousand needles fly towards me
but with love.

qube
2007-06-28, 01:54 AM
Jacob Hextombe

when overhearing the first comment ("Who are those rough-clothed people? Were they even invited? Have you noticed some of them, like that woman who just left, have weapons?" ) Jacob steps upto the group of people.

Not comming up too intimidating, he says "Excuse me, <sir/mam>, Security. Is there a problem?" he waits for a reply and then goes back standing against the wall, overviewing the place.

Perducci
2007-06-28, 03:31 AM
After counting his tips carefully, Sebastian doesn't mind the fact that people think he's a servant. Better than having them know that I'm a thief on some secret mission.

He looks around trying to locate the kitchen. If he find it, he will rush in and tell a cook to make several steak and egg sandwiches for a distinguished guest. Sebastian will of course take these and eat them.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-28, 10:26 AM
Simura follows after Trevor, of coiurse; she doesn't want her creep distractor to go away! "Meredith, are you drunk?" She chides playfully...

Cubey
2007-06-28, 11:42 AM
Meredith blinks, then tries to focus her gaze on Simura.
Wha're you doin' here? She's slurring, albeit very slightly.

Geez... damn. Why's everyone payin... so much attention? We have a meetin in hour.

qube
2007-06-29, 04:37 AM
Jacob Hextombe

annoyed, Jacob thinks Yeeesh, can't these guys stay serious on the job?.

Kaolins
2007-06-29, 04:52 AM
Trevor

Trevor walks over to one of the windows and looks inside, staying close enough Meredith would have someone to hold onto if she needed it, but not looking too much at her... No one likes to be stared at in that situation. (Well. Most people.)

"Nice party.. But I think I'm much happier out here with the two prettiest ladies I just got to know." Trevor says this quietly... Obviously being himself, but a little more quiet than normal. The music plays softly, and Trevor watches the other members of the group inside.

"Here ya' go, Merry." Trevor holds an arm out with a container of water.

Trevor checks his watch (Handy little thing.) for the next little while. Idly talking Simura and Meredith... Barring anything out of the ordinary, he'll than escort both of them back inside for the meeting.

Cubey
2007-06-29, 05:43 AM
M... Merry??
Black clouds gather above Meredith's head. Some of them start to rain, but she shoos them away.

Nevertheless, she takes the water from Kaolins, drinking some of it in a hasty manner and splashing some other on her face. She looks up to the sky and sighs contently.

Why... do you care about me so much? I'm the one supposed to protect everyone here.

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-29, 11:13 AM
Simura gives Meredith a Look. "And when did we decide that, exactly?"

Cubey
2007-06-29, 11:48 AM
I did. Meredith crosses her arms, taking a half-step back. She's not as talkative when fully sober for sure. You can almost hear a retrospection-type music playing in the background.

This world is full of things worth protecting... but... also full of things that want to destroy them. Well, I'm not going to... She swoons for a split second. I'm not going to wait passively and wait for anything like that to happen! I will become... strong. On this journey. Stronger than what I am. To protect. Protect... from whatever dangers they might be!

She clenches her fist. One day, a monster, or a villain, will be endangering... me, or what I hold dear. And I will slay it. I won't wait passively! (She forgot she said that already, obviously)

And during this journey... while I am not powerful yet... I can, and I will, get stronger! Not only that, but protect those I've met during this. That is, you. You all. I am the defender. I have to be.

Meredith leans towards the building's wall, lowering her head but her arms still crossed in a stern way. She doesn't say anything else. In fact, it seems she fell asleep.

darkmist83
2007-06-29, 02:29 PM
Simon

"Shoot...late again." he says as he runs towards the manor. No idea how the time passed him by, he didn't have enough time to get anything decent so he brushes off any dirt he has on his jeans and heads towards the entrance. Realizing that he'd stick out, dressed like this he makes his way to the servant's entrance. Getting one of the uniforms, though it was a little small, he makes his way in to the kitchen, grabs a platter, and goes to serve the guests.

Upon entering the ballroom, he begins a scan for his friends, whom he assumes are somewhere in the ballroom. Getting bombarded with stupid requests for drinks and food, he goes from the kitchen to the ballroom, all the while looking for them. It isn't til he sees the big man talking to Merideth that he breathes a sigh of relief and heads in that direction.

Getting stopped, what seemed like 45 times, on his way to them he sees them exit outside. Weaving thru the crowd he finally manages to get within earshot and hears meredith's drunken speech. Feeling a little touched and appreciated, he walks up to them acting very casual..."So are you enjoying the party? I can see Meredith is"

Yuki Akuma
2007-06-30, 05:15 AM
Simura stares at Meredith for a few moments. "Uh, Meredith, that's... incredibly dumb logic. What makes you think we can't protect you while you protect us?"

Perducci
2007-06-30, 05:25 AM
Sebastian tires of waiting for his sandwiches and finds Meredith, Trevor, Simura, and Simon. He immedately notices Meredith's lack of sobriety. Wow, are we going to have to take turns keeping watch over her?

He turns to Simon and smiles. Nice of you to show up. His eyes look over the servant suit. Nice outfit. Make much by the way of tips...I did.

Tengu
2007-06-30, 06:13 AM
(Oops, late response.)

Surprisingly, Sebastian, Jacob and Simon managed to fool the gullible nobles and servants each on their own: Simon IS bombarded with stupid requests, Sebastian manages to stuff himself full of steak and eggs, and as for Jacob, he starts to hear more comments from the crowd.

"Ah, increased security, how reasonable of Alek, considering all the rumours lately!"
"A very good idea indeed - so far all the balls were without any incidents. but what if one'd happen right now?"
"I wonder why he haven't given them matching uniforms, though."

Nobody but, well, everyone from your group apart from Jacob, is outside. The other guests are busy encouraging the big, fat man to share more poetry.

(Feel free to fast-forward for an hour pass anytime you want to.)

qube
2007-06-30, 10:22 AM
rumors?

(Feel free to fast-forward for an hour pass anytime you want to.)untill the next 'trigger' Jacob acts as security; keeping a look out for trouble, and stopping it if there is.

(if they ask for about the uniform: he tells them he was asked to come in normal cloths. he yust didn't realize that mean a suit)

Perducci
2007-06-30, 11:06 AM
Sebastian will go back inside and hang out mingling with the crowd, getting them drinks and such. He will politely ask the rich looking ones for tips. He will point out that half of his earnings go directly to the charity.

Uniforms? We don't need no stinking badges...err uniforms!
(+10 points for recognizing that)

I'm totally doing the whole undercover thing.

Cubey
2007-06-30, 11:32 AM
Meredith lies down on the spot, sleeping. If anyone wakes her up, she'll attend to the meeting, in an unusually foul mood. If not - she'll just stay there until the morning.

Cubey
2007-07-01, 12:11 PM
So... we fast-forwarded (didn't we?), anything happening now?

Tengu
2007-07-01, 12:34 PM
Sebastian manages to collect 66 more gil in tips.

An hour passes and it's time to pay Alek a visit. According to his servants and what you've seen before, he's upstairs in his saloon. When you enter the room...

The saloon is comfy and very richly decorated. Alek sits down in one of the large chairs, as if waiting for you... in a pool of blood, with his head detached and lying on his lap! A sword is impaled from above into his neck, also piercing a note that reads:

Fools! My cause is good. Continue your attempts to find me and you will share this man's fate. I won't forget what you did to my friends.

Moments after you read the note, it ignites! The sword is Simura's scimitar!

Cubey
2007-07-01, 03:40 PM
Meredith grasps her forehead, her mood getting even worse.

Good cause? My ass!

But... let's get out of here. Fast.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-01, 03:52 PM
Simura just stares. "...Th..that.. he used... that's my sword.."

She instantly runs over to grab it!

Tengu
2007-07-01, 04:22 PM
When Simura grabs the sword... nothing happens.

The note has basically turned to ash now, though.

You notice that there are two windows here, both of them open wide!

Perducci
2007-07-02, 01:05 AM
Ah damn!

Sebastian rushes over to the open windows and scans outside both of them for any signs of the attacker.

Tengu
2007-07-02, 04:21 AM
You see nothing outside - just the surrounding houses. Judging from the state of the corpse and the amount of blood, he was not killed immediately before you entered - rather, probably around the time when he left the ballroom and entered the saloon.

qube
2007-07-02, 06:15 AM
Jacob

speechless, Jacob looks at the murder scene. Apparently they are willing to play hardball ...

After half a minute, jacob signs.

Ah man, this is going to get the headlines "

darkmist83
2007-07-02, 08:54 AM
Simon

"This isn't good...this isn't good AT ALL! Someone fetch the authori...damn. We can't get the authorities since we were the last ones seen entering this room, AND Simura's sword was the one plunged into him. We're the number suspects. Spread out, see if there's anything in here that would remotely help us figure out how to track a teleportation spell. We can't stay here long..." Simon begins looking for around Alek to see if he might have left them a clue or if he had something out/on his desk that would assist with the tracking.

Perducci
2007-07-02, 09:11 AM
I'll keep a watch outside.

Sebastian goes outside the door and watches to keep anyone from coming to close. Since he resembles a servant, he will explain that the room is being cleaned.

Under his tattered cloak he keeps his knife unsheathed. He readies himself to plunge it into anyone who decides to give trouble.

Tengu
2007-07-02, 09:12 AM
Though there are cabinets with arcane tomes (full of hard to understand theory) and strange mystical tools, it seems that Alek didn't start his preparations at all before he was murdered.

Luckily, nobody from the guests nor servants is interested in paying Alek a visit... so far.

qube
2007-07-03, 12:55 AM
Jacob

"I though we were the autorities ... aren't we? ... I guess we should use a pigeon to notify the boss-man.

What I keep wondering ... people said that better security was because of the rumors. any idea what they were talking about?"

Kaolins
2007-07-03, 01:24 AM
Tristan

Tristan looks at the body, and the sword... and stands silently while the conversation unfolds. Eventually speaking up. "I agree. It's time to make our move out of here. Well. For you folks anyhow... Although I'll prolly' get dragged into it as well..."

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-03, 05:58 AM
Simura stops her panicking for a moment, then looks at the ancient tomes. "We should bring the books. Any books that look like they might have something to do with tracing teleportation magics."

darkmist83
2007-07-03, 07:38 AM
Simon

"I agree, we'll decipher them later...but we can't bring them all. Simura and myself will do our best to grab the books that might help us trace that spell. You guys, try and secure an escape route."

With that Simon begins scrambling thru the books looking for anything that might have some relevance to teleportation spells, or tracking spells.

Tengu
2007-07-03, 11:10 AM
You find a thick, leather-bound tome entitled "Scrying Magic for Dummies - and by Dummies, I mean You Need To Study Magic For Ten Years To Even Hope To Understand It". All the other books are either written in language you can't understand, have nothing to do with teleportation or tracking, or are too hard to understand. Even to Simon and Simura, though they understand slightly more of them than the others.

darkmist83
2007-07-03, 11:25 AM
Simon

"Could you BE any more arrogant?" Simon says to the book's author, though he knows he can't hear him. "Yet...you're also very convenient. This book should be all we need, let's get ourselves out of here."

Perducci
2007-07-03, 11:37 AM
Sebastian gets his rope from under his cloak. Nevermind all this here. I'll meet you guys outside. He ties an end to his dagger and stabs it into the wall. He then throws the rope out the window and slides down. At the bottom, places a foot against the wall and gives a strong tug to jerk out the knife.

Sometimes I wonder about all this...

Sebastian dashes to into a nearby alley or bush and conceals himself.

Cubey
2007-07-03, 03:57 PM
I don't like this. Someone will pay. Meredith jumps out of the window, gracefully landing in a crouch. She tries to run away in the same direction as Sebastian, but after a single step she trips and falls over. Apparently she's not quite sober yet.

Perducci
2007-07-03, 05:08 PM
Sebastian comes out of hiding and helps Meredith up. He puts one hand around her hips and places one of her hands on his shoulder. Let's try not to attract attention. Act like we're a couple and this is natural.

He stands there half holding her waiting on the others.

Cubey
2007-07-03, 05:47 PM
You've been waiting to come out with something like this... huh? Meredith gives Sebastian something which was supposed to be a killer glare, but apparently recent circumstances and her tipsiness ruin the effect quite a bit.

Let's get out of here. All of us. I need... a rest. Then, we do something.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-03, 05:51 PM
Simura stares at the boot for a while, then hops up onto the window frame and.. steps out.

It might even be a bad thing were it not for the fact that she has wings. She can't fly, but she can glide okay... At least, she can make it to the ground from this height with no injuries.

And so, she walks off towards the inn, mumbling to herself, wearing a blue dress and carrying a bloodied scimitar in one hand. No, that's not suspicious at all...

Cubey
2007-07-03, 07:01 PM
Hey, don't space out! Hide yourself!

Speaking of which, what are the surroundings? Bushes, wilderness? Busy street full of people?

Kaolins
2007-07-03, 07:08 PM
Tristan

Tristan looks down from the window, shrugs, and jumps, landing into a graceful roll and then stepping up to follow Simura.

Can't be helped at this point, like these people too much to not see what happens now...

Tengu
2007-07-03, 07:18 PM
The mansion is at the town's edge, surrounded by some foliage and other buildings. The inn where some of you left their stuff is nearby, and also at the border.

Nobody is following nor paying attention to you... yet. The streets are empty.

Cubey
2007-07-03, 07:36 PM
Let's go.

When everyone gets here, Meredith tries to direct herself (and Sebastian) towards the inn mentioned above. She's as careful as she can be when being under the influence - someone might try to ambush them in the building, or outside in the streets.

qube
2007-07-04, 01:14 AM
Jacob Hextombe

good idea ... I'm guessing chopper will be lonly by now ...

Jacob follows

Perducci
2007-07-04, 05:18 AM
Sebastian rolls his eyes at Meredith. Don't flatter yourself. And don't try to act all righteous with me. I'm not the one drunk on the job.

He smiles, trying to show he's joking. Half-joking. He then makes his way toward the inn, making sure Meredith stays upright.

Tengu
2007-07-04, 10:46 AM
The doorman at the inn is sitting asleep on a chair, with an almost empty bottle of something strong in his hand, so you manage not to make any sensation.

All your stuff is here, though the window to Simura's room is open and it wasn't before! Pity that the stables where you left the chocobos aren't very close though...

You can see lights appearing around Alek's mansion, and many figures coming in and out - apparently his death has been discovered now!

Notable buildings around:
- A watchtower at the city's edge, between you and sweet freedom.
- A complex of smaller apartments, with a small net of alleys at their back.
- A train station, with one train stationing there, judging from the smoke.

Cubey
2007-07-04, 11:03 AM
Meredith drops herself on a bed.

Uhh... tired.

But we must... get out of town. Where are chocobos? They're looking for us yet?

She takes a deep breath, then sits up.

I'll sleep after this's over... urgh.

darkmist83
2007-07-04, 02:40 PM
Simon

Being less graceful, crawls out the window, hangs, and then falls to the ground, with a thud. He stands up dusts himself off That's gonna hurt later and goes to the inn with the rest of them.

Noting the commotion at the manor...
"First, Simura, you might wanna clean off your scimitar. Second, it looks like a hasty retreat is in order. I'm saying we take the train...to wherever it's going as long as it isn't here. We'll send M a message asking for more information. The train ride will also give Simura and me some time to start reading this book."

Perducci
2007-07-04, 03:01 PM
Sebastian looks over his companions and sighs. Perducci's purse, what happened back there? I mean, we really screwed this one up.

His hand rubs his head as he takes a few deep breaths. Train-hopping doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Going solo was so much easier than this.

Cubey
2007-07-04, 06:13 PM
How... do we know where it will go? Deeper into Longvale, I bet. Meredith stretches out, still sitting on the bed. She frowns and swoons lightly..

Workers will recognise us when we pay for the tickets. I think we're better off riding chocobos.

Perducci
2007-07-06, 07:10 AM
Sebastian sighs. Going solo was SO much easier.

Well, if we ride out of town, we might need a distraction or something. Unless you'd like to fight your way out of this nice town, killing misunderstanding guards and townfolk.

He shrugs. Catching things on fire usually grabs attention. Not anything that would do damage, just a nice big blaze.

qube
2007-07-06, 07:18 AM
Jacob is thinking for something to say ...

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-06, 07:56 AM
Simura stalks into her room, and closes the door! She then opens it again, peeks her head around the door, says "No peaking!" and closes the door again. Rustling can be heard!

That comment was probably aimed at Trevor.

Tengu
2007-07-06, 08:52 AM
It's a mandatory comment each time a female character changes her clothing, I think.

Kaolins
2007-07-06, 09:42 AM
Trevor

Even if he planned on being perfectly honest about things, Trevor was perfectly used to comments like that. Smirking to himself he walked up to the door, turned his back to a nearby wall and asked... "Aw Common'... We're about to ride out of town dramatically together, and I can't even get a little peak?" When finished, he'll let out a highly over-dramatic sigh. Loud enough to be heard over the rustle of clothes. (And probably armor)

Perducci
2007-07-06, 10:36 AM
Sebastian rifles through his gear and comes across something he had forgotten until now.

You know guys...I still have this smokebomb. It might cover us long enough to get away.

He gives a wry smile. We should set something on fire just for good measure.

Cubey
2007-07-06, 03:28 PM
No setting things on fire. Meredith sighs, then starts to gather her belongings.

Whatever we do, the sooner we're out of here the better. And I don't mean killing innocents, we just avoid everyone, including the guardtower.

Perducci
2007-07-06, 04:16 PM
Sebastian nods. I guess you're right.

Note to self: set something on fire before leaving.

qube
2007-07-07, 05:37 AM
Jacob

"So what's the plan?
Either get the chocobo's and get outha dodge; or take the train ?"

Cubey
2007-07-09, 10:55 AM
(Revive Thread!)

Let's go with chocobos.

Meredith packs all her stuff up and leaves the room. Of course, she waits for the rest to follow her. She goes to the stables first (trying to avoid people on the way) to take her chocobo, then leaves town using the least-populated route - even if it's at Longvale's side, after all she can maneuver to the correct path in the wilderness, once they all leave town.

darkmist83
2007-07-09, 11:07 AM
Simon

"Ok. Chocobo's it is....let's move out. Do your best not to be noticed." Simon follows Meredith, acting casual and trying not to draw any attention to himself.

Perducci
2007-07-09, 02:54 PM
Sebastian gears up and laughs at the others. Amateurs

He sneaks off, staying in the shadows, but away from the stables. He looks around to find a tree away from any other flammables. He then starts gathering twigs and kindling. The shadows are his friend right now as he places the wood around the tree.(This is all assuming he finds one). When the stack of firewood is sufficeintly high, he waits to see his comrades on chocobos. When they look clear, he lights the fire and dashes to get on his chocobo.

If there is no suitable tree for safe burning, Sebastian will simply keep one hand on his smoke bomb and go with the others.

qube
2007-07-10, 12:48 AM
(I'm guessing we take the "with a small net of alleys at their back.")

Jacob

Where did Sebastian get too now?

(if they reach the stables, Jacob will take Chopper and Seb's Chocobo)

Kaolins
2007-07-10, 01:04 AM
(assuming the two of us make our way to the chocobo pens.. Post will delete itself if we don't...)

Trevor

Trevor smiles as he and Simura step up to the chocobo they shared earlier. "So can I go along for the ride again, pretty lady?" Another wink and a smile at Simura as he says so.

Then, with a slight hint of concern in his voice. "Meredith.. You gonna.. Ride that chocobo while you're... Erm.." He trails off.

Tengu
2007-07-10, 09:18 AM
You manage to avoid the few folks that are on the streets at this time - it seems that the news haven't reached the part of the town where the stables are located yet.

Sebastian manages to set the tree on fire - it should burn nicely when you leave Pales, probably gathering more attention than your escape. Conveniently, the least-used road leads north, to Sour.

Mounted, you all leave the city with haste. Hopefully they will notice you're not there when you're far away...

Oh no... minutes after you leave Pales behind, you notice a large group of riders approaching you from the city. There seems to be around 20 of them... and what's worse, they seem to be slowly catching up!

darkmist83
2007-07-10, 09:24 AM
Simon

"Crap! This doesn't look good!" Simon begins to scan the road ahead looking for anything that might be helpful, or at least a good place to fight. "Did you REALLY have to set that tree on fire? Anyone have any ideas on what we should do? They definitely don't look happy..."

Tengu
2007-07-10, 09:32 AM
You're riding through plains. Nothing that could give you tactical advantage is available, or at least not visible in the dark. Hiding is also out, unless you all manage to conceal yourselves behind a single tree...

You notice something move in the clouds above your heads...

Cubey
2007-07-10, 01:08 PM
Why not? We got... another choice? Meredith sways lightly, holding onto the chocobo for balance. She climbs atop of it and somehow managed to sit more or less straight - well, at least she doesn't fall from the chocobo. Yet.

When the other riders start to follow the group, Meredith turns to see backwards, almost losing her control on the bird.

We... urgh... She gets greener on her face.
Faster! She yells, no idea towards whom - the other guys in the group, or her chocobo.

Perducci
2007-07-10, 02:49 PM
Sebastian looks at Simon with a sneer. It helped. It couldn't have hurt. At the least, it made a few stay behind.

He keeps his smoke bomb close in hand as he urges his chocobo faster. Well, this is fun...

He notices Meredith and begins to laugh. I'm so glad to be in the company of a professional.

qube
2007-07-11, 01:00 AM
Jacob Hextombe

Jacob calmly spurrs Chopper to go faster.
"So, do we have a plan? Like the way its going we might look a tad guilty. Suddenly disappearing, running away ...

I suggest we dismount if they catch up to us ... I'm better fighting from the ground, an I don't want Chopper here to get hurt"

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-11, 03:28 AM
Simura is currently... standing on Trevor's shoulders, looking back at the riders approaching from behind. She seems used to standing on shoulders, as she's able to balance pretty well.

"This, um... doesn't look good. Guys? Does anyone know Haste? Or Slow?"

darkmist83
2007-07-12, 11:26 AM
Simon

Getting his chocobo to go as fast as it can, Simon is holding on for dear life...but at least his life is not near those 20 soldiers right now...

"I need a vote here. Do we want to try and talk to them or fight/run away? There seems to be about 20 of them. Simura, how strong are they? I can try and freeze the ground and see if that'll slow them down, but no guarantees. If they DO catch up, which it looks like they will....can we take on 20, possibly more, soldiers at once?"

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-12, 03:11 PM
Simura stands there on Trevor's shoulders, not even wobbling, her arms crossed. She closes her eyes for an instant, then opens them again, her eyes bathed in a familiar blue glow.

(Sense! Can I use sense out of combat? On the closest solider, I guess. If I have time, I want to scan a few more to gauge an average strength.)

Tengu
2007-07-12, 04:20 PM
They are a bit too far for Sense to give good results, and also when used out of combat, Sense does not give a lot of data (since it bases heavily on noticing what the enemy is doing at the moment and judging his strength from it, and such...), so...

The only thing Simura knows for sure is that they are, on average, a bit weaker individually than any of you.

Perducci
2007-07-12, 06:21 PM
With a casual look over his shoulder, Sebastian grabs all his adventuring gear sets it up straight on the chocobo. He then takes his cloak and drapes it over that gear. Making sure he has all his combat gear, he lies flat, pokes the chocobo's rear with his dagger, and rolls off the chocobo. With as much speed as he can he crawls away from the path they are taking.

He grips his dagger tightly, hoping they pass.

Be with me now Perducci.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-13, 07:13 AM
Simura frowns. "They're a little far. The mana's kinda... indistinct, especially without tons of adrenaline amplifying it. They're... weaker than us, individually. But there are a lot of them." She pauses while Sebastian pulls his stunt. "Also, Sebastian is an idiot. Did you guys know that?"

darkmist83
2007-07-13, 07:59 AM
Simon

"Well I guess we have no choice but to fight now. We'll wait to engage until after they have passed Sebastion, so he can flank them. Get ready for a fight everyone."

With that Simon slows the speed of his chocobo slightly so that once the enemy passes Sebastion he can quickly turn the chocobo around and charge the group of persuers.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-13, 08:17 AM
Simura looks shocked! "What? Fight them?! We'll kill them!" This is definitely something Simura doesn't want to do. "We can't kill them for chasing us! They think we're murderers!"

darkmist83
2007-07-13, 09:37 AM
Simon

"We look like murderers, so talking isn't really an option. I can try and slow them down, but I can't guarentee that it'll work. Ok, then here's plan B, a.k.a. "Don't hurt the soldiers TOO badly plan", I'm gonna ice the road, Simura, if they manage to pass it without slipping up, can you send an Aero spell back there. That should throw them off their chocobo, and buy us some more time. Not to mention we need to pick up Sebastian, since it seems he's getting ready to engage. Jacob, can you swing back around and grab Sebastion?"

Assuming the group seems to like plan B better, Simon will turn around and cast Ice, trying his best to cover as much area as possible. Hoping the Ice will slow down the steadily increasing group of soldiers...

Cubey
2007-07-13, 12:55 PM
Sebastian's an idiot? Really? Meredith adds sarcastically, then grabs her forehead one-handed, the other hand holding the chocobo so as not to fall.

If he wants to fight these, he will die. And I won't help him fight them. They think we are evil.

Meredith slows somewhat.

Doesn't mean I will let him die.

She turns back and makes her chocobo run toward Sebastian's current (if she can see him) position as fast as possible, trying to grab him mid-go and then join the rest of the group. Ignoring the ice if possible. And the chasers, too. Yes, this gets more and more difficult every second.

Perducci
2007-07-13, 02:50 PM
Sebastian sees Meredith coming back and curses quietly. What's the use?

He lies flat on the ground, smashing himself into the earth.

These idiots will kill me yet.

qube
2007-07-13, 02:59 PM
Jacob

Go Chopper!

Jacob spurrs Chopper and gets after Sebastians Chocobo.

2 humans on one chocobo ... that poor critter won't last very long

Kaolins
2007-07-13, 03:19 PM
Trevor

Trevor stays quiet during the ride. staying balanced enough that Simura wouldn't have to worry about falling... Riding a chocobo was second nature for a world traveler. Eventually, he raises a hand to his mouth as he yawns.

"They might not think we're murderers, for one. They might believe us arsonists, or Chocobo thieves... We may have dropped a bag and they're kindly returning it to us. Suffice to say, we've few options. Slowing them down while we escape is nice, finding a place to hide, also nice... I don't see fighting them as an option, and if it comes to that, I say we surrender. These words come out well thought, and might sound harsh to people trying to escape.

DM only. Please.

Forgive me for asking, but is there a warehouse anywhere near our location, Tengu? :P I only ask, 'cause I'm not sure where you finally decided to put it.

"Of course... There's other options. We could all roll off our Chocobo's and try to hide. As soon as someone presents the logic to me of why splitting up is a good idea, of course." Trevor smiles and picks up the pace of Simura's Chocobo... Humming a short tune to himself as he does.

(OOC: And none of you are humming the Chocobo theme? Yeah. Right.)

Tengu
2007-07-13, 04:15 PM
Trevor only:
No, it's not nearby.

Simon coats a large portion of the road with ice - it's a bit hard to see, and it's probable that your pursuers won't notice it before it's too late. That should give you some time.

Meredith maneuvers her chocobo around the ice, but she cannot see Sebastian - he has hidden too well.

The guards are so close you can hear one of them shout at your direction:
"Halt! You are under arrest under the assumption of murder! Surrender and no harm will be done to you!"
They still haven't reached Meredith, Sebastian, nor the ice-covered surface yet.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-13, 04:40 PM
Simura looks back (or, perhaps, forward) at Trevor, and sticks out her tongue. "No, I'm pretty sure they think we're murderers."

Simura raises one hand, index finger pointing upwards. Said finger begins to spark with blue, crackling energy, although she doesn't really do anything just yet...

Kaolins
2007-07-13, 04:46 PM
Trevor

"Well you WERE dressed to kill earlier, hon." Trevor grins and picks up the pace of his chocobo.

"And they said 'assumed'... I mean.. It's a pretty LARGE assumption, but the fact we set a fire, we're running from town on Choobo's.. (Doot-do-doo-doo-doo-doo-deet-doot do!) and now we've just covered a road in ice... And our best excuse is.. 'An elf teleported in, stole our weaponry, killed that guy with it, than warped out'...

Trevor shrugs his free shoulder and keeps his eyes forward.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-13, 05:21 PM
Simura hmms. "You know, thinking about whose shoulder I'm standing on, I'm glad I don't wear a skirt."

She complains, but you know she loves it, really.

qube
2007-07-14, 01:41 AM
Jacob

Guys ... aren't we kind on .. you know ... knights ? We're in persuit of the muderer ... you know ... no?

Tengu
2007-07-16, 04:40 PM
Meredith couldn't find Sebastian. I assume she retreats before the guards reach her.

The first five riders do not manage to see the ice, and their chocobos slip and fall down in a chaotic ruckus of chocobo warking and human screaming. The rest of them see this trap and ride around it, which buys you some time but not a lot! Those five try to stand up, mount their chocobos, and pursue you again, but it seems this will take them a short while and they won't reach you in the same group as the rest.

The rest, that has basically almost reached you! "Stop those tricks and surrender, or we'll have to use force! Even if you manage to escape us, we have an airborne pursuit unit!"
As if adding even more seriousness to these words, a very small airship (balloon-based) zips from the clouds above you, and heads towards you!

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-16, 05:40 PM
Simura sighs. "Okay, looks like it's my turn!" She leaps into the air, and waves both arms to the left; a wind picks up, blowing horizontally across the road as the pursuers pass! "Blue Magic: Aero!"

Kaolins
2007-07-16, 05:54 PM
Trevor

For the first time since the chase started, Trevor looks a bit startled.

"Whassat? Blue Magic?" Trevor turns to see the chase behind him and gets to see the wind pick up, realizing what he's seeing for the first time, he moves his head back to watch the road.

"What do you know. I study magic trying to find its secrets for years, and all of a sudden a moogle on my shoulder starts casting one of the rarest forms of magic... If not -the- Rarest... You've got some 'splainin' to do later hon." Trevor lets this comment come off passing. Maybe explaining why he's so interested or just giving off a bit of his own story, but in any case, he's definetely interested in the Blue-magic Simura's casting.

Lucky Moogle.

qube
2007-07-17, 03:34 AM
Jacob Hextombe

"what do we do? stand and fight or run for it?"

Tengu
2007-07-17, 06:15 AM
Simura's Aero knocks some of the riders of their chocobos, or pushes them back at the ice - only ten of them are close now!
"So be it, we will have to use force!" They start charging at you, drawing swords! You have little, virtually no time to decide and prepare...
The airship gets closer and closer too.

qube
2007-07-17, 06:21 AM
(Jacob doesn't care if they run or fight ... he'll follow the group)

Cubey
2007-07-18, 09:19 AM
Meredith does NOT try to fight the chasers. She sits on her chocobo with her nose raised. Well, swaying to sides or trying not to stumble down from time to time.

darkmist83
2007-07-18, 01:36 PM
Simon

"Oh man, we're in so much trouble....M is not gonna be pleased." With that being said, he stops his chocobo with Meredith and puts his hands in the air. Though he's not sure what's going to happen he is ready to cast a spell should things go poorly.

Perducci
2007-07-18, 03:10 PM
Sebastian stays still for the moment, waiting to see if he needs to cut and run or not.

Maybe we should have just stayed and helped out with the investigation...

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-18, 03:37 PM
Simura growls under her breath, then shouts to their pursuers. "Will you stop chasing us?! We're on the trail of the killer and you're not helping!"

qube
2007-07-19, 12:59 AM
Jacob

Oh, now you tell them. throw an other gust of wind at them: I dont they heared you.

(if the party stands still, Jacob dismounts)

Tengu
2007-07-19, 07:08 AM
The guards start to surround you quickly, with weapons drawn - the small airship lands on the ground behind you, cutting the last possible route of escape, and some of its crew starts to head your way too!
"Throw away your weapons, or else..!", shouts one of the guards charging into your direction! He is not joking...

What is this swoosh you hear? Why did some of the guards stop and look up?

Something small falls down from the skies right into the crowd, and you hear the sound of breaking glass! A green cloud appears and envelopes the guards, making them stand still and then suddenly fall down! Their chocobos start to panic!

You see something large in the air above you! More bottles filled with this gas fall down from it, breaking around the guards... and you! One more bottle lands on Sebastian's head. The gas makes you feel drowsy...

You lose consciousness.

---------------

You regain consciousness!

All six of you are lying down in a large, wooden room, filled with piles of closed wooden and steel boxes. You seem intact and all your possessions (but not the chocobos) are here... apart from your weapons! You still feel a bit sleepy, but you can clearly hear...

"Hey, you're awake! Hello, folks!", says a figure near the only door that leads out of the room. It's a young boy, maybe around 13-14, wearing blue overalls and a piece of red cloth on his head. He's sitting on a box next to the door and reading a comic book. "Ain't you glad that we come? Sorry for the weapons, you will get them back once we're sure you're not going to kill us all! C'mon, there someone who wants to see ya." He stands up and opens the door, preparing to leave.

darkmist83
2007-07-19, 07:19 AM
Simon

Sitting up, feeling a little groggy..."Wha...What happened? How'd we get here? Oh man, my head hurts..." Listening to the boy, he turns to his comrades and does a quick scan of them They appear to be ok. No one's hurt. That's good. He stands up, "I guess we'll go with you since we don't really have any alternative. Lead the way."

qube
2007-07-19, 07:38 AM
Jacob

Jacob listens to the boy
yaawn ... HEY ... waht happened to the chocobo?

(he follows, even if the boy didn't awnser his question)

Tengu
2007-07-19, 08:08 AM
"Couldn't take them. We've left'em down there, just like we did with the rest of chocobos and those guards. Can't say the same about their stuff though, their weapons and armor are good quality." He grins widely, showing yellow teeth, some of them missing.

Now that you're more or less awaken, it turns out that the sound in your ears wasn't there just due to sleepiness - you really hear some very faint, mechanical humming here.

Yuki Akuma
2007-07-19, 09:29 AM
Simura stands up, shaking her head to clear it... She suddenly pounces at the boy, standing on his shoulders and peering down at him. "Hi kid! You're kinda cute." SHe then grimaces when he grins. "Although you really need to take better care of your teeth."

Kaolins
2007-07-19, 09:46 AM
Trevor

Trevor wakes up and sits to the side, back to a crate, following everyone if they leave the room.

"Oh. So -he's- cute eh?" Trevor feigns being offended by Simura's comment and then grins a white smile when the comment about the boys teeth comes up.

"Glad to hear the guards had good quality weaponry kid. Now... I hate to bring it up, but I had a deck of quality playing cards on me when I last remember being chased by a couple hundred men on Chocobo's. And let's assume this humming I'm hearing is because we're on an airship? If that's the case... I'd say now would be a good time to get Trevor back his cards." Trevor leaves out his usual smile and wink, and looks down at the kid.

Perducci
2007-07-19, 12:28 PM
Sebastian rubs his head as he stands up. That was pretty crappy. What are the odds of a falling bottle hitting me in the head when hiding?

He turns to Trevor and gives a little pained laugh. I bet you could run the numbers on that.

He looks the kid up and down. Soo...who are you and what's your story?

Cubey
2007-07-19, 03:29 PM
Meredith groans as she rises to a sitting position. She grasps her head with both hands.

Urgh... I died and went to hell of headaches...

She looks at the kid, frowning with every word the brat utters.
Stop shouting. We can... hear... you.
Finally standing, she looks around.

Seems you're all alive. Or we're in the same hell, but I doubt it...
(Because some of you'd rather go to a level for lechers...) She adds, but only in her thoughts.
No weapons? Great... what do you want from us?