PDA

View Full Version : Awakened Werewolf

Pages : [1] 2

Penguinator
2015-10-04, 12:01 AM
Awakened Werewolf:

A surprisingly serious game from Poppa Penguinator.

"There are rumours of other realms. Magical places, with mystical beings. Beings which are so powerful that they have become bored with their own existence, and seek to create that of others. Some believe that these beings were once mortal, or perhaps are still, and yet others believe that a greater being watches over them; a fatherly figure which sees these beings as no more than children at play. One who occasionally steps in to realign the playing pieces of their child's work.
...But, of course, they are only rumours." ~Tamoran Fy'erik, Storyteller

This game is here to test the Awakened mechanic for future use in my own (or possibly other) games.

Make sure to read all the rules carefully.

Rules:
THIS IS A NO PM GAME! If you are caught sending PMs or sharing your personal QT, you will be out of the game. This includes quoting any QTs.

Each player will have their own personal QT, to send in night actions and ask questions.

No making your own QTs and inviting people over. (Someone asked)

Game ends when one side wipes out the other or when that becomes inevitable.

If there is no kill at night, the reason may or may not be revealed. And if not outright stated, it may be heavily implied.

Roleplaying is heartily encouraged, as it gives me something to work with for narrations. I hate having to write something like, "Well, Player X has no character, so when they died, nobody missed them."

Penguinator's Rule Of Meta Invocation and Slander Expectations (PROMISE):
No bringing up previous Penguinator games as a basis for factual evidence in this game. Somebody does it every game, and the information they use is almost always incorrect. It gets really old.

Things that make this game different from many a Penguinator game:

Roles are revealed on death.

You are free to edit posts. I will, however, discourage deletion of posts.

No lynch majority is required, and there is no minimum number to lynch.

Ties result in both (or all) players being lynched.

Days and nights are roughly 48 hours, rather than 72 and 48.

Not every player will have night actions at the game's start. It is, however, possible to gain night actions later, so make sure to check your QT at least once per day/night phase.

And as always, no exploiting loopholes.

Things that make this game different from most games in general:
~This game has many experimental aspects. I can't promise balance, but the main idea is to test the Awakening mechanic for future games.

~This game includes one or more neutral roles.

~Death may not be the definitive end of the game for any given player.

~Narrations matter, and may, in fact, offer hints.

~Ties result in multiple deaths.

~Again, no PMs.

~Posting at night is not permissible, and doing so may get you killed.

~If I have received all night actions, I may cut off the night early.

~Ramsus' Scry Interference rules will be in effect. An accurate (Seer, Devil, etc.) scry which hits interference will be given a random result. An inaccurate (Fool, etc.) scry which hits interference becomes accurate.
The Penguinator Corollary: If a role is given as a scry result, that role does exist in the game. (Ex. You will not receive a scry result of "Voider" if there is no Voider role in the game)

General Play:
This game is very much the Awakened's game. The Awakened has the power to control the players and the very cosmos themselves.

On night zero, every player begins as dust, waiting to be awakened into their true role. For the first day phase, every player is awakened as a villager. During the night, several players are awakened as wolves. From there, the Awakened has the power to tap into the potential of various powers.

Each night phase, or potentially each phase, the Awakened may create a new power role. The recipients of these powers are essentially random; the Awakened knows that the power has been created, but not what players have received said powers. (Ex. The Awakened does not know who the wolves are. Upon awakening a Seer, they do not learn who the Seer is.) I as the narrator reserve the right to create an equal or opposite power for the opposing team so that balance is maintained.

Aside from The Awakened, roles will be announced as they are awakened. The players should have a general idea of the level of power in play, even if they don't know who has those powers. Wolves will be connected upon reaching Night One, at which time they will be able to vote upon a night kill. Other roles and their specifications are up to the discretion of the Awakened and the Arbitrator.

A player who has been killed returns to dust, not necessarily out of the game. There may be roles or powers created which can return a player to life, albeit usually as a different role.

Note that roles are not decided before players awaken into them. There is no "master roles list," or anything similar. The town will not lose the "Seer" before the Awakened has created a "Seer" power. Naturally, the same holds true for the wolves.

When you sign up for the game, please indicate whether you would like to be considered for the role of The Awakened - this role will have many obligations and require a measure of creativity that other roles may not necessarily require.

Roles:
The Awakened:
The Awakened is the driving force of the universe, seeking to create new powers in the world that it controls. An ambivalent force, it cares not whether the powers it creates are used for good or evil.

As a player, the Awakened is able to "Awaken" one type of power each night phase, or each phase in certain circumstances. This power may be from a list of roles, or a power of the player's creation/choosing. The Awakened does not learn who has received their blessing. In this way, they have no more information than any other player.

The Awakened has the ultimate goal of awakening a specific number of powers, or of a specific number of types of powers. The Awakened has no protection from death, but it is in no one's direct interest to kill them. If the Awakened is killed, neither side can have new powers. As such, it is in no one's best interest to destroy the Awakened.

The Awakened may, at the Arbitrator's discretion, create their own powers for the game.

The Arbitrator:
This is Penguinator's title for Awakened Werewolf, rather than Narrator. The terms are interchangeable. The Arbitrator is a force of balance in the universe, seeking to keep a check on the Awakened, all the while telling of its story. The Arbitrator has the ability to create equal and opposite powers to the Awakened's creations. For example, if the Awakened creates a "Seer" for the village, the Arbitrator has the power to create a "Devil" for the wolves, or even a "Fool" for the town, or both.

The Village:
There is no set roles list for either the villagers or the wolves. What roles are awakened is up to the discretion of the Awakened. A villager will know for certain that they are part of the village after night one. A villager's duties include voting and checking their QT to see if they have been Awakened. Villagers win by getting rid of the opposing wolves. The villagers have no direct reason to oppose The Awakened.

The Wolves:
The wolves are awakened and connected on night one. Each night, the wolves may vote on a target to kill. This kill can be blocked or baned, or so on. Like the Village, the wolves have no set list of power roles. The ultimate goal for the wolves is to reach an equal number of wolves and town. The wolves have no direct reason to oppose The Awakened.

Player List:

#
Players
Awakened?
Killed
Role

Ramsus
:smallsmile:
Cored
Components of... I dunno, a pear?

Thematthew
A While Back
Ghost

C'Nor
Buttons punched
Remote

Xihirli
:smallconfused:
Claimed too soon
Devil

Self-voted
Jester

Duck999
Didn't
Ignored Underdog

Cuthalion
Butchered
Cow

Lex-Kat
:smallfrown:
Run off
Pixie

TFT
On... fire
Cliche Attractor

Legato Endless
Never
Eternal Being

GAAD
Day One
Wolf

Elenna
Water Everywhere
Pyromancer

Murska
Jellied
Eye

Zar Peter
Fell in a Vat of Alcohol
Taste Tester

Logic
Out-Logic'd
Chessmaster

ThePhantom
Couldn't Be Reached
Phantom Caller

firedaemon33
Early
Tongue-Tied

Silent_Interim
Eaten by a Lion
Mime in Disguise

BasketOfPuppies
Sold to a Good Home
Ponies

Mordokai
Walked the Plank
Swashbuckler

Indarra
Red Strikes True
Chimera

Shadow11615
For the Honor of a Girl
Definitely a He

[TR]
Caelestion
Some Strange Ritual
Baatezu

AL-1
Flaming Eagle
:smalleek:
Driven Extinct
Roleplaying Eagle

AL-2
Pelican
Too many Crackers
Polly the Pelican

AL-3
Fleeing Coward
Ever Notice How All
The AL's are Birds?

Ramsus
2015-10-04, 12:58 AM
I'm in and I'm totally down for being the Awakened.

Question, are there any wolves at the start of the game? (I ask because if not day 1 doesn't really serve any purpose except to push someone who sign up out of the game for absolutely no reason.)

Penguinator
2015-10-04, 02:51 AM
The intent was that there wouldn't be wolves on day one, but I'm currently re-evaluating that assessment.

I will point out, however, that it could potentially be a day for setup of the setting and roleplaying, and that it's a) not strictly necessary to lynch someone on the first day and b) dead players aren't necessarily out of the game.

But... Day one does currently seem somewhat pointless. I'll look into a way to handle that within the setting.

I think what happened was, in an early planning period, I was going to do it so that there was a list of who would awaken into what role, so Day one did have a purpose. But said list no longer exists.

Thematthew
2015-10-04, 04:33 AM
I'll join. I am interested in the awakened role, but my schedule is somewhat odd at times.

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-04, 05:00 AM
I'll join. Being the Awakened is... An intriguing possibility, but I leave it up to you if it's one that I'm remotely suitable for.

Xihirli
2015-10-04, 07:35 AM
No wolves D1?

http://media.makeameme.org/created/im-in-t92km9.jpg

2015-10-04, 08:37 AM
Part of me is interested in being the Awakened, and part of me thinks I'd do a lousy job of it (unbalanced mechanics and the like). I'll put my name in the running, if only for the possibility of this trackless train having an insane conductor.

Duck999
2015-10-04, 09:07 AM
I'll be a part of this.

And I'm sleeping way too much. I really need to be awakened.

Cuthalion
2015-10-04, 09:11 AM
I'm up for being Awakened.

Cyber Punk
2015-10-04, 11:58 AM
WAKE ME UUUUUUUUUUP!

Ahem. I'm interested, but I have my hands full at the moment.

Tentative in.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-04, 03:29 PM
In. :smallsmile:

TFT
2015-10-04, 04:27 PM
I will be in as well.

Legato Endless
2015-10-04, 06:26 PM
I am, of course, in.

GAAD
2015-10-04, 06:45 PM
Yeah sure. I really liked Charity, and I wish I could have developed her beyond "Southern fencing enthusiast who ups the jig and gets lynched day one.:smallannoyed:" Count me interested in giving her another game to ACTUALLY play in. I think I'm still very much a newb, though, so not interested in playing God, however fun that might be.

Elenna
2015-10-04, 06:55 PM
Why not. In, although for the sake of my workload I hope this doesn't start before He-Man ends since I'm probably going to be replacing Flaming Eagle in that game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm fine with being the Awakened.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-04, 09:39 PM
I think I'm still very much a newb, though....

Getting lynched Day 1 in your first game is tough. Sorry `bout that. But yeah, still new. Hopefully won't be lynched Day 1 again. I know I won't point at you. :smallsmile:

Murska
2015-10-05, 03:17 AM
I guess I'll join. I can be the Awakened, I have plenty of experience with game balance and various role ideas from mostly planning for The City 2, but I'm also rather unreasonably busy for the next two weeks.

2015-10-05, 06:20 AM
GAAD, I promise not to lynch you day 1 as long as you aren't howling your wolf status at the moon.

Cyber Punk
2015-10-05, 07:36 AM
If he were wolf, he'd no longer be a new player and will thus be fair game.

Zar Peter
2015-10-05, 07:40 AM
GAAD, I promise not to lynch you day 1 as long as you aren't howling your wolf status at the moon.

Given that there is no wolf day 1 that would be a bit preposterous :smalltongue:

I'm in and if the vote chooses me to wake up I would do it.

For roleplay purposes a bit more background information about the enviroment would be great.

Logic
2015-10-05, 08:22 AM
Count me in, Pengi.

GAAD
2015-10-05, 11:28 AM

You mean as long as I don't do what I did last time? I'll try, but no promises. :smallwink:

ThePhantom
2015-10-05, 12:13 PM
I'll be in, but I don't want to be the awaken, I have a hard enough time in others games with constantly coming up with ideas.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-05, 04:41 PM
Ignore. :smallsigh:

I still want in. :smallsmile: But not as the Awakened, if you please.

Legato Endless
2015-10-05, 05:15 PM
As you wish .

Alright everyone, you heard her, no one respond to Lex for the rest of the game.

Ramsus
2015-10-05, 05:19 PM
Naw, she didn't say "Simon Says". :smallamused:

Penguinator
2015-10-06, 10:24 AM
For roleplay purposes a bit more background information about the enviroment would be great.

Magical setting (obviously, there are beings powerful enough to create their own worlds), non-human races welcome. (The storyteller, for example, I see as a Kitsune.) Middle ages type setting, no modern technology. For lack of a better descriptor, think D&D, to an extent.

The Awakened and I can discuss in more detail before the game begins.

Ionbound
2015-10-06, 10:28 AM
I'll be in as Awakened or not, I don't have a preference.

Pelican
2015-10-06, 11:04 AM
Do you have a tentative start date? This game looks really interesting, but I'm in three games currently and I'm worried about over committing...can I sign up as an AL replacement for now?

Silent_Interim
2015-10-06, 08:24 PM
I'm in and interested in being the Awakened. Quick point of clarification- you give no set list of roles for the Awakened to awaken, but also say some stuff about the Awakened creating their own roles and things. Does that mean that they can normally just pick from the common roles, such as seer and baner, and should discuss with you anything else? Or am I misinterpreting that?

Penguinator
2015-10-07, 12:47 AM
Do you have a tentative start date? This game looks really interesting, but I'm in three games currently and I'm worried about over committing...can I sign up as an AL replacement for now?

Well, technically it's supposed to start this week, but Sapo ran over into my slot. So, within the next two weeks, and apologies to AvatarVecna for running into his slot. :smallsigh:

AL replacement is fine.

Does that mean that they can normally just pick from the common roles, such as seer and baner, and should discuss with you anything else? Or am I misinterpreting that?

The Awakened will have a short list of roles/powers which they must include, such as Seer, Baner, Masons, Devil, etc. From there, they can use non-standard roles that they have either seen in other games or have come up with themselves. (Non-standard being many of the roles from my games, etc.)

An example of a role one might invent is something like, "Pick two players. The following day, their vote targets are switched. If they have the same target, add +1 votes against that target." Not too ridiculous, might have been done somewhere before. I haven't personally used it. From there, I'll either say, "Sounds good, you can use that," or "Not a bad idea, but maybe more like this."

Of note, the Awakened may elect to make slight tweaks to the "standard" roles as well, provided someone has those powers. Ex, they could have a Seer who only sees if someone has been awakened into a power role, or a baner who can only protect people whose usernames have two or more vowels, (Ridiculous example to make a point) so long as someone can scry and someone can bane. Provided I approve it, of course.

Fleeing Coward
2015-10-07, 01:32 AM
Put me down as an autolynch replacement for now. Currently in 6 active games across various forums which is my self imposed limit.

Cyber Punk
2015-10-07, 04:18 AM
Put me down as an autolynch replacement, as well. I'm about to run a game and am thinking of helping make another one.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-08, 08:21 PM
I thought I requested in days ago. Sorry Penguinator:smallredface:. I'd love to play and put me down for The Awakened.

Mordokai
2015-10-09, 04:17 PM
Expressing interest in joining. As well as playing Awakened.

Indarra
2015-10-09, 04:48 PM
I do not want to be the Awakened.
I could be a normal player, though.

Mordokai
2015-10-12, 11:52 AM
Any idea when this starts?

Also, shameless bump.

Cyber Punk
2015-10-12, 06:37 PM
So, as an autolynch replacement, I'll unsub the thread for a while. Please, PM me when I'm needed. :smallsmile:

Penguinator
2015-10-12, 09:55 PM
Any idea when this starts?

Also, shameless bump.

Ideally, I'd like to get another three or four players, but I don't know that that's a realistic goal. So, recruitment will close either Friday or early Saturday, (EST) upon which time the Awakened will be selected and we will discuss a few details before the game begins either Sunday or Monday.

Shadow11615
2015-10-14, 08:53 PM
May I join? I'd rather not be the awakened as I am new.

Shadow11615
2015-10-15, 10:20 AM
Also, what is a qt?

Ramsus
2015-10-15, 12:36 PM
A QT is a Quick Topic. Which is an off-site thing we use to privately communicate between the narrator and the player or a group of players for two reasons. The first is that we all have limited space in our on forum inboxes and it gets very quickly filled up by many kinds of games, especially if you're the narrator. The second is that it's just an easier way of keeping track of what was said to you privately by those people involved. It's incredibly simple to use, so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

Caelestion
2015-10-16, 12:15 PM
I'll try another game here, because I'm all up for new ideas in Mafia. Awaken me as you please. :smallsmile:

Penguinator
2015-10-17, 10:02 AM
Recruitment is now over. The Awakened will be chosen shortly, and QTs will be sent out.

Penguinator
2015-10-18, 08:51 PM
All QTs have now been sent, save for one person whose box was full. (coughLogiccough)

Please indicate in your QTs that you have received them, three of you have done so already. If I missed sending you a QT, let me know. Also, check to make sure that information in the players list is accurate.

The game will begin in ~24 hours.

Edit:

I have also made a slight change to the rules in that the wolves will not have a kill night one. It seems only fair, since the town won't have any wolves to lynch day one.

Penguinator
2015-10-19, 09:43 PM
Opening Narration:

Before all things, there was energy, and there was energy in the stars. The strongest creatures found out how to channel this energy and send their spirits up to the stars and fight their petty fights, creating their own worlds to rule over. From time to time, they would look down at their followers to channel energy through them to heighten their status. They were known as the Awakened.

One creature studied the stars for a long time, and he eventually learned the secret behind their energy. His spirit ascended to the stars, and he created a planet around the star to which he ascended. He knew that the other Awakened would eventually learn of the new arrival, and would try to undo his works. He needed to create his own followers to increase his energy. He filled this planet with everything that humanoids need to live, and created his followers: humans, dwarves, gnomes, and pixies.

The dust collected around the star has formulated into creatures.

Player List:

#
Players
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Thematthew

C'Nor

Xihirli

Duck999

Cuthalion

Lex-Kat

TFT

Legato Endless

GAAD

Elenna

Murska

Zar Peter

Logic

ThePhantom

firedaemon33

Silent_Interim

BasketOfPuppies

Mordokai

Indarra

Shadow11615

[TR]
Caelestion

Day 1 Begins.
It will end in approximately 48 hours.

Penguinator
2015-10-20, 01:31 AM
Notes: As of right now, your races have no mechanical effect. So, go ahead and roleplay. I don't want to be the only person who posts in this thread. I do that enough with the narrator QT.

2015-10-20, 02:15 AM
EDIT: This poster has no idea what he's doing or why he's doing it. Please ignore this post.

Penguinator
2015-10-20, 02:29 AM
If this kind of RP isn't appropriate to the game's RP world, let me know and I'll change it to something more appropriate. As I currently understand the OP, most players are "Beings which are so powerful that they have become bored with their own existence" the Awakened and the Arbitrator are the "greater beings watching over them".

That's not quite it. The Awakened, and only the Awakened, is the "being so powerful they have become bored with their own existence."
The Arbitrator is the "greater being watching over them."

The non-Awakened players have about as much power as any normal D&D-type human, dwarf, gnome, or pixie. Being imbued with power by the Awakened or the Arbitrator basically gives you class levels.

It would also be more accurate that you are a character that has not had a previous existence.

The Awakened are effectively a group of epic-level beings which have created their own worlds.

2015-10-20, 02:51 AM
That's not quite it.

Noted. I'll RP better when it's sometime other than 3am for me.

Ramsus
2015-10-20, 03:10 AM
There is a roar of thunder and a brilliant flash of lightning. A falling seed from a mahogany tree is struck and explodes in a burst of smoke and embers. The smoke is oddly thick and coils around and around on itself as small arcs of electricity jump back and forth as it takes form. At first the smoky form is little more than a vaguely humanoid, if minuscule shape. But the smoke seems to recede into wings upon the creature's back as the skin takes on the color of the wood of the nearby tree. It's eyes are large and multifaceted like a gem and jet black. Glistening black roots grow out of it's head and tangle together into an intricate pattern to form "hair" of a sort. It blinks and sparks fall from it's eyelashes. It beats it's wings and if any were present they could hear a whisper quiet sound like barely heard thunder. It examines it's form and seems to come to the conclusion it likes what it sees. It looks around to see what it's opinion may be of everything else.

Silent_Interim
2015-10-20, 09:07 AM
An entity appeared, and it did not know or care why it appeared. It did not know what it was. It did not know how it was. It was awkwardly shaped, with four, poorly functioning, gangly limbs, low to the ground, awkward amounts of hair EVERYWHERE, and an irritating impulse to be underground searching for shiny but ultimately worthless metals and stones.

It took out some frustration by hitting a rock with a pick-axe it had acquired for no discernable reason.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-20, 10:57 AM
A bit of sky fell toward the earth. Before striking, it exploded into a bright light that nonetheless did not burn with heat. It was just a bright flash of light.

Hovering about the ground, taking in her new world, floated a small girl with pale white skin, big violet eyes, and insect-like wings on her back. Her lips were naturally the color of rubies, and her hair a dark brown, flowing over her naked little body. She looked about her, and found a leaf still wet with moisture. Using skills she did not know she had, she magicked it into a dress to wear. Then went in search of others to share with. To learn from. To play with.

Ramsus
2015-10-20, 12:37 PM
Seeing the bright flash, this creature flew over to the area where it happened. Peals of thunder sounding rapidly, if quietly, as it flew in haste. When it arrived it saw another creature somewhat like itself at least in form. It had something upon itself. This one looked about and saw some spiderwebs glistening with morning dewdrops. It outstretched a hand and an arc of electricity sprang forth and seemed to wrap around the web and pull it close and spin and reshape it. The creature pulled it over itself and continued to reshape the webs into something of a similar nature of as the other was wearing, though it clung closely around the body rather than loosely hung upon it. The dewdrops were still present, but had seemingly been frozen in some way and glistened in the sunlight. The creature looked to the other one to see it's reaction.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-20, 02:35 PM
The dust forms into a singular being, which then falls apart into four smaller beings. These things seem to understand each other, then wander, looking for a cave in which to reside.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-20, 04:32 PM
The pixie stopped short as someone approached. She had not expected to find someone so quickly. She started to float closer, then paused as she began to hear the whisper of noise following the other.

She delighted in amazement at the new creature, so similar in form to herself, yet different somehow. Edgier. She floated closer, reaching out to touch it, smiling as it looked her over. But then it reached out it's arm, and lightning exploded from it's fingers, pulling the web of a spider to it, and weaving it into a pattern. She watched, curious as to what it would do with the web.

Her smile widened as she saw the outfit it created for itself and clapped. She then looked down upon her own dress, embarrassed that she had not made something equally as beautiful. Feeling a need to compete, she wrapped light around herself, spinning faster until she was a small ball of light. When she slowed, the dress was now tighter around the bosom, and she had squeezed the chlorophyll sap out to make green gems around her neck and waist.

She smiled at the other, proud of her new dress.

Ramsus
2015-10-20, 07:03 PM
The creature watches with a smile, albeit one with a lot of sharp pointy teeth. It then tries to mimic the other one, spinning around and creating sparks and arcs of electricity. It doesn't accomplish much except getting dizzy and floating down softly to rest on a nearby leaf.

Shadow11615
2015-10-20, 08:04 PM
The dust materializes, forming an awfully short creature. Its eyes opens wide at the sight of a new world but quickly blinks. As happy as the creature was, it wished it could get rid of the dust which was so irritating to its eyes. Feeling too lazy to get up and explore the whizzes and bangs, it instead sits down and watches. HE had forgotten how irritating creation was. However, sensing that there was sure to be danger, it moved to find new allies. It didn't want to die, at least, not yet. Stumbling forward, HE hoped to remember how to do the basics to survive. And get the dust out of its eyes.

Silent_Interim
2015-10-20, 08:38 PM
The entity, which cannot seem to work out whether or not it has a gender, and doesn't particularly care, walks up to the newly formed fellow short entity. It clears its throat.
"Oi! You! Whatsyerface! C'mere!"

GAAD
2015-10-20, 08:46 PM
The two winged creatures notice a third, shooting down from the sky.
As her wings form, she hurriedly flaps them, before snagging a few breaths of starlight, weaving them around herself in a flowing yellow dress. Beaming, she slowly floats towards the other two creatures. "Hi!" she says. "I'm Borealis. What's your name?"

Okay, so unless I'm mistaken Lex is earth, Ramsus is water, and I'm air.

Will the fourth pixie please step forward? We need the last element.

Ramsus
2015-10-20, 09:23 PM
((I think your elementalness might be a bit off there. Not sure how many water related things involve smoke, lightning, and wood. Also owwww my eyes.))

The creature looks at the new one and contemplates, not even having tried to make noise with it's mouth. It's not really sure why it even understands the other one. Then again it understands plenty of things probably a lot more amazing than that. Still it takes a moment to think, looks back in the direction it came from, and slowly says, "Mahogany....." and then looks up at the sky, "Skyfire."

Cuthalion
2015-10-20, 09:28 PM
A grain of sand rolls over. Soon, the dust all collects to form a small pile, which reshapes itself into... well, a small pile. But one with a pointy red hat!

AvatarVecna, just because someone needs to vote.

Elenna
2015-10-20, 09:59 PM
The air underneath a tree begins to shimmer, slowly resolving into the form of a young human girl wearing a sky-blue sundress. She walks somewhat clumsily over to the pixies. Hi! I'm Abby.

@Cuthalion: If I understand correctly, there aren't any wolves yet.

Penguinator
2015-10-20, 10:27 PM

This is accurate. There's really no reason to vote, unless you've got a heck of a grudge.

Legato Endless
2015-10-20, 10:32 PM
This is accurate. There's really no reason to vote, unless you've got a heck of a grudge.

Penguinator This post is a joke, don't actually lynch the narrator. Unless he starts acting shifty.

ThePhantom
2015-10-20, 10:35 PM
Another short figure is formed, one very similar to one that was made earlier. It looks around the vastness of the land and wonders if there is any one like it, having not seen the being created before it was.

GAAD
2015-10-20, 10:42 PM
Hi Abby! Wow, you're tall. Are you a giant?

Darkened it a few shades. Happy now?

Legato Endless
2015-10-20, 11:08 PM
There is ticking between moments. Sometimes one can almost hear it. The waking fall from a dream. That ever distant memory, felt but never found. A burning nostalgic yen for times never known. But it is in the dark, when the dust gathers, where it clangs loudest. Deep down, past all remonstrations. When you hear creation breathe. Breathe. Breathe!

<The Shockwave>

"Spaaaaagh! Gaaah, Agh!" A mouth breaks, voracious pulsing for the air. The hungry aether fights back against it, choking down the knitted throat. Newborn pain reeling, the mouth propels upward on sheer indignation. Cascading waves break for a moment, and the out of the waters the mouth sprays back it's liquid contents. Pushing now against the vibration of the great weight surrounding him, the man, bedraggled beyond belief in the dawn of creation, lops bleakly onto shore.

He sits for a moment, then, hearing voices tinkling past a tree, buries himself cautiously in the sand of the shore.

Shadow11615
2015-10-20, 11:43 PM
The entity, which cannot seem to work out whether or not it has a gender, and doesn't particularly care, walks up to the newly formed fellow short entity. It clears its throat.
"Oi! You! Whatsyerface! C'mere!"

Noticing a thing that seemed to like to smash rocks, it quickly made its way over to the other thing, but staying a pickax's length away from the hairy creature. He recalled the mechanics of language and talked."Hello fellow whatsyerface." Unsure how to continue or what part was to be addressed, it continues. "I am a gnome. I suppose you are a ... dwarf. Nice to meet you, whatsyerface. I am Shadow (11615). And you are?"

Lex-Kat
2015-10-21, 01:34 AM
The creature watches with a smile, albeit one with a lot of sharp pointy teeth. It then tries to mimic the other one, spinning around and creating sparks and arcs of electricity. It doesn't accomplish much except getting dizzy and floating down softly to rest on a nearby leaf.
The female pixie floats down with the wooden lightning pixie. She doesn't know why exactly, but she likes the non-gendered one. She caresses it, hoping it will be alright.

The two winged creatures notice a third, shooting down from the sky.
As her wings form, she hurriedly flaps them, before snagging a few breaths of starlight, weaving them around herself in a flowing yellow dress. Beaming, she slowly floats towards the other two creatures. "Hi!" she says. "I'm Borealis. What's your name?"

Okay, so unless I'm mistaken Lex is earth, Ramsus is water, and I'm air.

Will the fourth pixie please step forward? We need the last element.
She watches as a third pixie comes near. This one has also come to life much as herself, female. She watches in excitement, as it creates a dress out of the starlight. With glee, she claps as the female comes closer. And then it speaks.

{Never was given a specific element. I chose to be a Light Pixie though. :smallsmile:}

((I think your elementalness might be a bit off there. Not sure how many water related things involve smoke, lightning, and wood. Also owwww my eyes.))

The creature looks at the new one and contemplates, not even having tried to make noise with it's mouth. It's not really sure why it even understands the other one. Then again it understands plenty of things probably a lot more amazing than that. Still it takes a moment to think, looks back in the direction it came from, and slowly says, "Mahogany....." and then looks up at the sky, "Skyfire."
The Light pixie looks first at Borealis, then to Mahogany. Such wonderful and strange sounds come forth from them. She opens her mouth to speak... and finds she cannot. She tries again, desperate to make sounds as they did. But only breath comes from her lungs.

She looks to the other two, sadness bringing wetness to her eyes. She points to the big ball of light in the sky, making a big circle with her hands, then making her fingers dance down, like rain. She looks to them, hoping they understand her intentions.

The air underneath a tree begins to shimmer, slowly resolving into the form of a young human girl wearing a sky-blue sundress. She walks somewhat clumsily over to the pixies. Hi! I'm Abby.

The Giantess Abby comes to them, suddenly formed, and in her own sky-blue dress. Sunshine Rain (yes, I'm giving you her intended name here) hides behind Mahogany. The Giant scares her.

{Immensely. :smallbiggrin: Thanks.}

Ramsus
2015-10-21, 01:53 AM
((That is certainly much less eye murder. Btw I vote for no lynch, don't be mean Cuthalion. Other people, don't assume voting for no lynch has any actual effect.))

Mahogany didn't really expect to be touched and it's a good thing Sunshine didn't stay there long as a spark came off in surprise. Before it knew what was going on some large thing was there and Sunshine was hiding behind Mahogany (a reasonable response as it showed Sunshine clearly acknowledged and respected it's unspoken yet claimed dominance of all it surveyed and thus it's duty to protect it's claim) and Borealis greeted it without taking any kind of precautions at all (a questionable tactic that would have worth solely depending on this beasts' intentions). Mahogany lifted itself off the leaf and flew forward a bit, still making sure Sunshine was shielded behind it. Then it spread out it's hands and an arc of electricity surged between them... and it simply held it like that and asked, "Giant, what is your purpose in our lands?"

Thematthew
2015-10-21, 02:00 AM
Nearby some of the dust gathers in a small grove and forms into a willowy woman with pale white skin and hair like a greenish brown moss. She steps out from the grove wearing leaf green breeches and a matching blouse, and stretches to enjoy the light streaming from the sun above.

Duck999
2015-10-21, 05:42 AM

Penguinator This post is a joke, don't actually lynch the narrator. Unless he starts acting shifty.

((Or if you have a heck of a grudge))

Some dust forms nearby, then stops forming. It starts to form harder, but nothing happens. The dust seems to be in a perpetual mode of forming, unable to decide and figure out how exactly to form.

Caelestion
2015-10-21, 06:07 AM
A stream of soil and mud suddenly spurts into the air and continues to spurt, even as small stones uprooted themselves and merged with the mass of spurting mad. Slowly, what appeared to be a short and slim human male formed out of the spinning earth and then the now fully-human person landed lithely on the grass.

Cuthalion
2015-10-21, 08:39 AM

Hey, I was going to do that! :smalltongue:

Silent_Interim
2015-10-21, 09:07 AM
Noticing a thing that seemed to like to smash rocks, it quickly made its way over to the other thing, but staying a pickax's length away from the hairy creature. He recalled the mechanics of language and talked."Hello fellow whatsyerface." Unsure how to continue or what part was to be addressed, it continues. "I am a gnome. I suppose you are a ... dwarf. Nice to meet you, whatsyerface. I am Shadow (11615). And you are?"
"Er... I'm... er. Well, this is a bit, eh, embarassing. Er. I'm Steve. Er. Yeah." The dwarf turned and spat a glob of phlegm onto the ground. "So. Whatsyerface. Shadow. Want to see if there's anyone else round 'ere?"

Lex-Kat
2015-10-21, 12:13 PM
(a reasonable response as it showed Sunshine clearly acknowledged and respected it's unspoken yet claimed dominance of all it surveyed and thus it's duty to protect it's claim)
{If Sunshine knew this, she'd likely try to argue with Mahogany. Though, it'd be tough to articulate her point of view. :smalltongue: And wait.... Does that mean Mahogany sees her and Borealis as its? :smallconfused:}

Ramsus
2015-10-21, 01:13 PM
((Kind of? Mahogany hasn't really had a lot of time to think these things over. At the very least it views the other pixies as people. People it may or may not have deemed as potential vassals in it's eventual royal court? Yeah. But not like workhorses or just useless harem members.))

Zar Peter
2015-10-21, 02:21 PM
A man emerges from a just formed hut in the wood. In his hands he got a big axe. He looks around wondering, what he is, where he is and why he has this sudden urge to skip and jump. He whirls a bit around and then sinks his axe into the biggest tree that's standing nearby. At least he knows his profession.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-21, 02:56 PM
((Kind of? Mahogany hasn't really had a lot of time to think these things over. At the very least it views the other pixies as people. People it may or may not have deemed as potential vassals in it's eventual royal court? Yeah. But not like workhorses or just useless harem members.))
{It's alright. Enjoying the RP.}

Elenna
2015-10-21, 03:08 PM
The Giantess Abby comes to them, suddenly formed, and in her own sky-blue dress. Sunshine Rain (yes, I'm giving you her intended name here) hides behind Mahogany. The Giant scares her.

Abby sits down, partially because she wants to reassure Sunshine Rain by becoming a little smaller, and partially because she's still not used to walking and is having trouble keeping her balance.

Abby hesitated. I... don't think so? Although I am a lot bigger than you... How big are giants?

((That is certainly much less eye murder. Btw I vote for no lynch, don't be mean Cuthalion. Other people, don't assume voting for no lynch has any actual effect.))

Mahogany didn't really expect to be touched and it's a good thing Sunshine didn't stay there long as a spark came off in surprise. Before it knew what was going on some large thing was there and Sunshine was hiding behind Mahogany (a reasonable response as it showed Sunshine clearly acknowledged and respected it's unspoken yet claimed dominance of all it surveyed and thus it's duty to protect it's claim) and Borealis greeted it without taking any kind of precautions at all (a questionable tactic that would have worth solely depending on this beasts' intentions). Mahogany lifted itself off the leaf and flew forward a bit, still making sure Sunshine was shielded behind it. Then it spread out it's hands and an arc of electricity surged between them... and it simply held it like that and asked, "Giant, what is your purpose in our lands?"

Abby glances around, having just considered than she might have a purpose in this land beyond seeing things and meeting people. I... don't have one, really. I just got here. I can leave if you want?
She looks impressed at the arc of electricity. How do you do that?

Lex-Kat
2015-10-21, 03:16 PM
Sunshine looks out from behind Mahogany, who she had followed right behind when it approached Abby. She's curious about the being, and happy that she made herself smaller.

Sunshine waves hi to Abby and smiles. Then she holds her hand horizontal, palm up. A small ball of light begins to build in her hand, glowing brighter as it gets bigger. When the ball is as big as her own head, she pushes it away from herself, and it floats slowly toward Abby.

Ramsus
2015-10-21, 03:17 PM
"How?" Mahogany thinks and comes to a quick conclusion. "It is just part of what I am. Probably much like how you manage to be so big. Hmmmmm. I think we could let you stay.... if you agree to do things for us. Your big meaty hands are certainly of no use for delicate and fine things, but you could move heavy things and you can scare away other things just with your immense stature."

Ionbound
2015-10-21, 03:47 PM
A very short being with a long nose forms from the aether and dust. It looks around and frowns grumpily, muttering to itself "Blast. Not a single piece of scrap in sight. Who makes a gnome and nothing for them to tinker with."

Shadow11615
2015-10-21, 08:31 PM
"Er... I'm... er. Well, this is a bit, eh, embarassing. Er. I'm Steve. Er. Yeah." The dwarf turned and spat a glob of phlegm onto the ground. "So. Whatsyerface. Shadow. Want to see if there's anyone else round 'ere?"

"Very well then. " Looking around, he tries to catch someone's attention, and get the dust out of his eyes. Looking around at all the commotion, he gets up and shouts in no particular direction. "Get over here!"

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-21, 08:47 PM
The four gnomes come up from their cave, hearing the sounds coming from outside. They wander around, eager to learn and see what everything around them is.

Penguinator
2015-10-21, 09:37 PM
Day One:

For a time, things were good. The pixies had the most lush forests available. The dwarves were given the most spacious caverns. The gnomes had the best fields available. The humans began to build cities. The races were able to get along with each other with only minor squabbles.

But all good things must come to an end. As the newest Awakened had suspected, another Awakened shortly discovered this new world, and put agents there to counteract the prosperity of the new world...

The wolf team has been awakened. In case you missed it, the wolves do NOT have the power to kill on night one.

Penguinator and no lynch were tied for the most votes, but neither could be located for questioning.

Player List:

#
Players
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Thematthew

C'Nor

Xihirli

Duck999

Cuthalion

Lex-Kat

TFT

Legato Endless

GAAD

Elenna

Murska

Zar Peter

Logic

ThePhantom

firedaemon33

Silent_Interim

BasketOfPuppies

Mordokai

Indarra

Shadow11615

[TR]
Caelestion

Night 1 Begins.

Penguinator
2015-10-23, 11:55 PM
Day One:

A hooded man trudged up the path, carrying a lantern. In the darkest of night, it was difficult to say that the man had any distinguishing features. But from the lantern's light, it was evident that the man was wearing some sort of mask. As he reached his destination, he approached a small man who stood near the fire, staring out over the mountain. The hooded man stopped and shouted, "Are you the Wise Man of the mountain?"
The little man didn't turn, and shook his head slightly. "Nah. The Wise Man is away on business. I'm the next best thing."
The hooded man responded with another question, an almost amused expression on his face. "What is the best way to fill an empty void?"
"Ah, yes. I can see that this question has come from your heart..." The little man continued to look out over the mountain. "...But is more applicable to your head." He shifted his weight, slowly turning. "...But you didn't come here to ask me that."
"No." The hooded figure's blade shimmered in the light. "I came here to slay the Wise Man of the mountain. You will tell me where he is, or you will suffer the same fate."
"You are welcome to try. But you can't stand up to me for long." The man turned fully around, revealing a pair of small horns atop his head and a set of sharp, glistening teeth. "Like you, I am not from this world." At that, the man leapt at the hooded man, transforming into a wolf. Claws clashed with blade, and in the ensuing fight, the hooded man's mask and hood came off, revealing a pair of long, pointed ears.
"You may have unmasked me, but you cannot stop me." The elf brushed back his hair, mocking the wolf. He thrust his blade, meeting nothing but air. In a moment, the wolf had appeared behind him and was upon him, tearing at his flesh. The last thing the elf heard was a vicious howling.

When the Awakened, the Wise Man of the mountain, returned the next day, he found the elf's head, with a note.

It was only a matter of time before they found you.
I've left you a present.
Use it to make a future.
With the knowledge of the threat at his doorstep, the Awakened set to work preparing his followers to fight this coming battle. The first he imbued with power was a blacksmith, whose weapons were treated to ward away the elves who sought to destroy him.

Penguinator was attacked by elves. He was the Wise Guy of the Mountain, an Awakened Tiefling.

The Awakened has created a role with Baning powers.

Player List:

#
Players
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Thematthew

C'Nor

Xihirli

Duck999

Cuthalion

Lex-Kat

TFT

Legato Endless

GAAD

Elenna

Murska

Zar Peter

Logic

ThePhantom

firedaemon33

Silent_Interim

BasketOfPuppies

Mordokai

Indarra

Shadow11615

[TR]
Caelestion

Day 2 Begins.

Caelestion
2015-10-24, 05:40 AM
So, now we start random voting, based on very little at all?

Duck999
2015-10-24, 08:32 AM
So, now we start random voting, based on very little at all?

Now is effectively a day 1, unless anyone has a reason for it not to be, I suppose.

Ionbound
2015-10-24, 11:10 AM
Mmhmm. Not much point in voting today, it seems, since there's no Seer and thus no way for the town to get actionable intelligence. Of course, we could always vote for Murska since he's most likely a wolf.

Xihirli
2015-10-24, 11:23 AM
No lynch today.

Elenna
2015-10-24, 12:18 PM
It's essentially the same as any other Day 1, and we should vote for the same reasons as we vote on Day 1 of a classic game: the lynch is town's only weapon, and voting patterns/responses should provide clues.

As such, the RNG has pointed me at Zar Peter.

2015-10-24, 12:21 PM
I vote for ThePhantom.

Thematthew
2015-10-24, 12:21 PM
Regardless of the ability to get intelligence via seer, we still get absolutely no information if we all sit around voting for nobody day 1. Furthermore, if we don't try to lynch anyone to gain some amount of information we might as well be sitting on our hands until we have a seer because we won't have anything to base conjecture off of since wolf kills would then be seemingly random.

With that being said, I'm going to give both my vote and some RP at a later point in time.

Ionbound
2015-10-24, 12:28 PM
Still, let's say there's four wolves. If those wolves all vote as a bloc, disguising their actions as a group of unrelated people coming to a similar conclusion, then they make up approximately 20% of the votes, which, due to the nature of Werewolf and Bandwagoning, is likely enough to get whoever they chose lynched. So...I'm okay with a day 1 Lynch, I guess, because Thematthew is right and if we sit on our hands, nothing happens, but...Still. We should be careful. If too many people pile onto someone, we should look at them carefully.

Aaand RNG has dictated I vote for #2. Sorry, Thematthew. Nothing personal.

Caelestion
2015-10-24, 12:29 PM
The player list in the OP is seriously weird. That said, AvatarVecna.

Ramsus
2015-10-24, 12:41 PM
((You guys all forgetting this game pretty much exists almost 50% for roleplaying? C'mon people. Myself, just waiting on someone else in my scene to say something. Those or you currently by yourself in the RP space might want to take the initiative and approach someone else. Speaking of this, I'm going to vote for Murska since he didn't even show up on day 1, let alone RP, and it's not like he's not around.))

Edit: If we're looking at possible wolf suspects already though, Xihirli basically painted a target on himself. Pretty sure most of us have been witness to people explaining to him why voting for no lynch is anti-town.

Edit 2: Cael, sometimes we do funny lists in the OPs. Though personally I think Penguinator's joke for me was a bit in bad taste all things considered. The smiley and other faces do have meaning though. It's basically a list of who might or might not be the Awakened, a role we don't want to kill because it'll pretty much take a lot of fun out of the game.))

Penguinator
2015-10-24, 01:00 PM
Though personally I think Penguinator's joke for me was a bit in bad taste all things considered.

Actually, I was going solely on "Core Components." And the only fruit I could think of that one cores was an Apple.

I forgot that said other game existed.

Basically, I don't know why I ever bother trying to do anything funny, because no one ever appreciates it.

Ramsus
2015-10-24, 01:08 PM
((Ooooooooh. *shrug*))

Caelestion
2015-10-24, 01:20 PM
Basically, I don't know why I ever bother trying to do anything funny, because no one ever appreciates it.

I appreciated the listing for me. I just never expected to find such a list.

Ionbound
2015-10-24, 01:24 PM
((Sorry. Just...Being a gnome isn't really interesting. I'll try to do something.))

The gnome grumbles as he looks around his forge, built from some stone and fallen logs he had found. The fire is glowing as he frowns at his lack of materials and posts a note, "Miners wanted. Will provide tools and compensate for each pound of raw material."

Zar Peter
2015-10-24, 04:11 PM
((Actually I found about the list only because of the conversation above... I especially thing Xihirlis descritpion is hillarious :smallbiggrin:))

The lumberjack jumps around the forrest, hacking this tree and smashing that, searching for lose wood and making a pretty nice pile. Then he sees the gnome. Hey good sir, I see you need something to keep your fire going. Are you interested in some wood? If you have connections to a baker, that is, I feel the urge to eat some scones currently. Oh, and a little bit of tea would be very appreciated.

Murska
2015-10-24, 04:37 PM
Ramsus. OMGUS.

I glanced at the thread yesterday but didn't have any inspiration to RP anything at the time and was kind of busy anyway, and there was no point to voting because there were no wolves to hunt.

ThePhantom
2015-10-24, 05:16 PM
(I found that list funny.)

Wandering the world, hammer in hand, the dwarf finds a sign by a forge asking for mining aid. He walks to the forge, looking around. He see the lumberjack asking for things as well.

"Hello there. Is this your forge?"

Ionbound
2015-10-24, 05:20 PM
The gnome nods and rubs his chin as he says to the lumberjack and dwarf, "Indeed I do. What good's a smith without something to forge, hmm? Sadly, I don't know a baker around here, though I'm sure there's someone."

ThePhantom
2015-10-24, 05:28 PM
"I can understand that pain. So, I'm guessing you have a mine somewhere? If so, I can get to work on giving you the materials you need."

The dwarf strokes his bread, reflecting on the issue.

Legato Endless
2015-10-24, 05:48 PM
A man with wild messy hair erupted out of the underbrush. He approached the small group before him.

"Is your mine waterpoof? The sea has been attacking people of late."

Ionbound
2015-10-24, 05:51 PM
The gnome gives the wild man an annoyed look as he says, "I do not, in fact, have a mine. Hence why I'm hiring miners. I'd assume the people that are worth hiring know how to start a mine."

ThePhantom
2015-10-24, 05:58 PM
The dwarf looks at the person who appears to be a bit crazy. But then again, what does he know about the sea? Not much.

"Well, I do know what signs would mark where a mine would be good at. But it would take me some time to find one."

Cuthalion
2015-10-24, 05:58 PM
A man with wild messy hair erupted out of the underbrush. He approached the small group before him.

"Is your mine waterpoof? The sea has been attacking people of late."

A pointy hat bobs over to him. Yours? Or mine? Are you trying to take it from me?

Lex-Kat
2015-10-24, 06:34 PM
TFT.

Sunshine watched in curiosity as the giant pixie slept. She almost poked it's nose, but a more fantastic idea fame to her mind. The Abby opened it's mouth and made a strange noise with it (a yawn, for those curious). It was huge and cavern-like. So, obviously, Sunshine thought it'd be fun to explore.

Creating a ball of light, as she had done the day before, Sunshine floats down and waits patiently for another yawn.

Silent_Interim
2015-10-24, 09:09 PM
Steve walked up and glared at the gnome with the "Miners wanted" sign.
"What're you paying with?"

(firedaemon33, because as I understand it, a day one lynch is standard practice here, so lynching someone based on defending that fact seems off to me)

Thematthew
2015-10-24, 09:15 PM
The woman who came from the grove sees the lumberjack committing an atrocity and tries to stop him. "What are you doing?! Do you always swing axes into other people's homes and families?"

Zar Peter for now. Lousy tree-killer.

GAAD
2015-10-24, 09:36 PM
Borealis flies over to Sunshine. What are you doing, friend? Can't you see Abby's tired?

I think I'll go Murska, for OMGUS voting.

Say, anyone know how many wolves there are? I think Penguinator forgot to QT me the numbers.
If it worked in UnClassic...

Lex-Kat
2015-10-24, 09:44 PM
Sunshine nods yes. Then she points to Abby's mouth, the puts a horizontal hand over her eyes, as if trying to see something in the distance. She then smiles at Borealis. And waves toward herself, asking if she wishes to go along.

Ramsus
2015-10-24, 10:00 PM
Mahogany thinks this idea is hilarious and grins.

((GAAD, any reason in particular why Penguinator would tell you specifically how many wolves there are?))

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-24, 10:35 PM
The four gnomes wander, looking for something to interact with. They notice others, but they seem... Distant. Isolated.

Also, Murska because might as well.

GAAD
2015-10-24, 11:29 PM
Mahogany thinks this idea is hilarious and grins.

((GAAD, any reason in particular why Penguinator would tell you specifically how many wolves there are?))

No. I was making a callback to the incident in UnClassic that you should be very familiar with. I was hoping to catch any newb wolves with the same web I caught myself with back then. Although since nobody took the bait I might as well explain why.

Elenna
2015-10-24, 11:49 PM
Abby heard Borealis and sleepily opened her eyes. Seeing Sunshine's response, she frowns slightly. I feel like that wouldn't be a good idea... but you can try, if you want.

Ramsus
2015-10-25, 12:09 AM
((Elenna, you just ignoring my stuff from the previous day?
@GAAD: Dangit, was hoping you wouldn't feel the need to respond immediately and someone would take the bait and try and paint you as a wolf. Oh well. Stupid no PMing rule.))

Elenna
2015-10-25, 12:50 AM
((Sorry, I forgot I hadn't responded to that. :smallredface:))
The day before:

"How?" Mahogany thinks and comes to a quick conclusion. "It is just part of what I am. Probably much like how you manage to be so big. Hmmmmm. I think we could let you stay.... if you agree to do things for us. Your big meaty hands are certainly of no use for delicate and fine things, but you could move heavy things and you can scare away other things just with your immense stature."

Abby was rather startled by Mahogany's commanding tone, but decided that she had little else to do. And the pixies looked like nice people to get to know.
Sure, I'll stay here. she replies.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-25, 01:26 AM
Abby heard Borealis and sleepily opened her eyes. Seeing Sunshine's response, she frowns slightly. I feel like that wouldn't be a good idea... but you can try, if you want.

Sunshine eeks at Abby's awakedness, and slowly backs away, one floaty foot at a time. A Cheshire grin on her face.

Ramsus
2015-10-25, 01:54 AM
"So our giant is awake now. Now we can go explore our land. Unless you would prefer we stay?" Mahogany asks, looking to Sunshine and Borealis.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-25, 03:43 AM
Sunshine shrugs, then shakes her head yes with a smile. She then looks to Abby, to get her opinion.

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-25, 06:07 AM
Hmm. I'm gonna FoS Murska for his unusual - in comparison to normal gameplay patterns (for instance, Fears) - behavior. Primarily as a pressure vote; I'm not convinced we actually need to lynch him yet, but I definitely think we need to remember this in the future. And of course it goes without saying that we should keep a close eye on him; he's Murska, and that means that if he is a wolf, he's likely to be fairly rough competition.

I'm going to put my secondary FoS on Lex-Kat for now. I want to hear what she has to say, since my experience with her as a wolf has been that she's pretty nasty to handle, and I'm slightly suspicious of her given the oddities present in her supposed pixie-ness.

Speaking of which! I'd like the Pixies to speak up, please. We have at least two people besides her openly claiming that, as far as I can see. I'd like to hear what you've got to say about that, so we can compare stories and use it to start building some suspicions. If nothing else, this whole thing will get people talking, and that almost always benefits town.

And now, though, we get to my actual suspicion, since I'm getting bonkers levels of wolf off of Firedaemon33. Let's take it step by step:

Mmhmm. Not much point in voting today, it seems, since there's no Seer and thus no way for the town to get actionable intelligence. Of course, we could always vote for Murska since he's most likely a wolf.

Still, let's say there's four wolves. If those wolves all vote as a bloc, disguising their actions as a group of unrelated people coming to a similar conclusion, then they make up approximately 20% of the votes, which, due to the nature of Werewolf and Bandwagoning, is likely enough to get whoever they chose lynched. So...I'm okay with a day 1 Lynch, I guess, because Thematthew is right and if we sit on our hands, nothing happens, but...Still. We should be careful. If too many people pile onto someone, we should look at them carefully.

Aaand RNG has dictated I vote for #2. Sorry, Thematthew. Nothing personal.

First, we have the suggestion that we do nothing. Now, as was already pointed out when Ramsus FoSed Xihirli, no-lynch is with the exception of very specific edge cases like our technical first day, universally detrimental to town. As FD ought to know; they've been in a few games by now, and that gets shot down every time no matter who brings it up - and if they haven't brought it up themselves before by this point, it's a fairly safe bet that it's because they know that it's not a viable strategy.

And then there's the reason why they suggest we should do this. Namely, that we don't have a Seer. That is, quite frankly, completely backwards - if we have a Seer, a few lynches that fail to go off isn't necessarily a death sentence because we can have several guaranteed ones later in the game; at worst, a Seer is a null factor because they never locate a proxy or don't scry, while at best, they can save us from our own mistakes.

Now consider a game without a Seer. There's no cushion; wasted days are even worse for town, and they were a pretty good way to lose the game anyway. This isn't hard to figure out, either, especially not for someone who's been around for a little while. In fact, in a game with a Seer, lynching if more likely to be detrimental - maybe we kill the proxy that the Seer just scried, or the wolf they were going to use as a Seer test. Or even the Seer themselves! Given how twisted that makes this logic, it seems to me a pretty safe bet that there's an attempt at manipulation being made with it.

Then we move on to the second post. Technically, FD seems to be backing down here. But let's go through line by line again.

First we have assumptions regarding the wolf numbers - they're a bit under 25% of the players in this post, which is a little on the low side for most games. Still, within the ballpark. The conclusion drawn is distinctly odd, though; four votes of 23 is not nearly enough to ensure a bandwagon, ESPECIALLY on Day 1, unless those four votes have some pretty excellent reasoning.

In any case, after that, we get the hedging retraction; they 'guess' they're 'okay' with a Day 1 because TheMatthew is right that nothing happens if we do nothing. Still, it is technically a retraction, and I'd have to let it stand, were it not for what's tacked onto the end - namely, a blatant attempt to shut down discussion and pressuring, by saying we should be suspicions of anyone who actually gets a decent number of votes on them.

And, finally, we have a vote on TheMatthew, who not only disagreed with the proposed 'strategy', but was the only one to do so blatantly. RNG is claimed, but taken as a whole with everything else, that seems like another attempt to shut down discussion by either trying to get votes on him and remove him from the game or by making it clear that such opposition would be met with being pointed at. Or at best a petty vote on someone who thus far has been fairly innocuous.

I'll RP later. For now I'm sleepy. Was at a Halloween party.

Ionbound
2015-10-25, 10:01 AM
*grumbles* I hate day 1 lynching because I've run afoul of it many times and died on day 1 with no info and not been allowed to actually play the game. Hence why I'm an advocate of not lynching day 1 if all that's being done is wild guessing. Aaaand since people have seemed to jump right on that old bandwagon again, I'm going to change my vote to Murska out of self-preservation.

Caelestion
2015-10-25, 10:52 AM
Well, even if we don't lynch anyone on D1, someone will still likely die on N1 and then we're no closer to seeing who to lynch. That's basically the nature of the beast.

Elenna
2015-10-25, 11:51 AM
Sure, let's go. Abby yawns again. Sorry, I'm still kinda sleepy... all that howling last night woke me up.

Legato Endless
2015-10-25, 12:40 PM
A pointy hat bobs over to him. Yours? Or mine? Are you trying to take it from me?

"Uh, no. Yes? Do you want me to take it from you?"

The man stared with a grim slack jawed grin, and extended his hand out in offering.

GAAD
2015-10-25, 01:04 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Let's go exploring! Maybe we could check out that cave?

@C'nor: You're right. The absence of a seer is no reason to no-lynch. Firedaemon33 slipped right past me on that. You seem very towny to me for pointing that out. Also, it would appear that FD33 might have wolf-slipped in regards to numbers.

@Murska: So, you're on the chopping block. From what I understand, you get axed early quite often. My vote on you was based on your seeming defensiveness - but I'm perfectly happy to change it at this point if it's worth it. If you ARE town, you're one of the more valuable members simply because of your experience. If you're a wolf, then yeah, best take 'em all down. Currently I have no leanings towards you, and it would be a shame if you were lynched early.

@FD33: I feel for you. However, this feels AWFULLY familiar to my situation in UnClassic, if a bit less blatant. I'm getting quite the pathos vibe from you, instead of logic. You're quite suspicious, and the only thing saving you from my vote right now is the Murska Constant. So, who are your suspicions?

TLDR: Towny vibe from C'nor, FOS on FD33, potential takeback on Murska if necessary

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! Also, C'Nor, why would Lex-Kat lie about being a pixie? I'm pretty sure the wolves became wolves last night. As such, EVERYONE (Except the Awakened) was town Day 1, and the Awakened isn't on the wolves' side. Any observations from Day 1 can therefore be completely within the interests of town, since nobody had turned traitor yet.

Ramsus
2015-10-25, 01:07 PM
((@C'nor: Not sure what you want from us pixies. I asked Penguinator and the races mean nothing, it's just flavor. Unless the Awakened somehow manages to make it mean something. Or we players do. Firedaemon is behaving like normal. Pretty much every game he doesn't like the randomness of day 1 that comes from a lack of information and fails to comprehend that lynching nobody would just extend that lack of information further and further into the game. You still have good points about him basically actively trying to shut thematthew down though.

Edit:@GAAD, which people are in "the caves"? I've been reading all the posts, but not really focusing on them too much. Also anyone else who wants to jump into our portion of the RP feel free to jump in and say you run across us along the way.))

GAAD
2015-10-25, 01:32 PM
@Ramsus: Shadow11615, Silent_Interim, and BasketOfPuppies are in the caves, IIRC. And thanks for the info on FD33. Good to know he's not acting any differently.

- - - Updated - - -

@Xihirli: Why no lynch?

Zar Peter
2015-10-25, 02:25 PM
I have to point at someone... point at Lex-Kat because she used to be a wolf since the beginning of the world as I can remember :smalltongue:

Duck999
2015-10-25, 02:42 PM
RNG Caelestion

The newly (maybe, how is time in this game?) formed dwarf looks around, having no clue what he is doing. He sits down, and just plays with the dirt to pass the time.

Xihirli
2015-10-25, 04:23 PM
((Actually I found about the list only because of the conversation above... I especially thing Xihirlis descritpion is hillarious :smallbiggrin:))

The lumberjack jumps around the forrest, hacking this tree and smashing that, searching for lose wood and making a pretty nice pile. Then he sees the gnome. Hey good sir, I see you need something to keep your fire going. Are you interested in some wood? If you have connections to a baker, that is, I feel the urge to eat some scones currently. Oh, and a little bit of tea would be very appreciated.

Where? I can't find the list anywhere.

Anyway, I exist.
We have wolves now. I know I haven't been awakened, so... let's see. It would be completely random, wouldn't it? So there's no possible way my reasoning could be flawed.
http://media.makeameme.org/created/acpsyq.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

@Ramsus: Shadow11615, Silent_Interim, and BasketOfPuppies are in the caves, IIRC. And thanks for the info on FD33. Good to know he's not acting any differently.

- - - Updated - - -

@Xihirli: Why no lynch?

There weren't any wolves D1. That means that no lynch was the best possible option for town.
Did I post my D1 vote D2? I apologize about that if so.

GAAD
2015-10-25, 04:31 PM
There weren't any wolves D1. That means that no lynch was the best possible option for town.
Did I post my D1 vote D2? I apologize about that if so.

You did. You are currently voting for a No Lynch on Day 2.

Ramsus
2015-10-25, 04:37 PM
((Xihirli, not sure images are actually going to get counted as proper votes. Assuming that's what you were trying to do there.))

Elenna
2015-10-25, 04:46 PM
Where? I can't find the list anywhere.

The list is in the original post.

GAAD
2015-10-25, 04:53 PM
((Xihirli, not sure images are actually going to get counted as proper votes. Assuming that's what you were trying to do there.))

Wait... Xihirli posted an image? I'm on my phone and can't read it. If it is a vote, Xihirli, please post it normally. :smallsmile:

Shadow11615
2015-10-25, 05:10 PM
Very well then. I walk out of the cave to join the chaos.
Murska, because what the others said. I apologize if anyone gets hurt from this.
Also, I wasn't active due to weekend activities.

Lex-Kat
2015-10-25, 05:18 PM
I'm going to put my secondary FoS on Lex-Kat for now. I want to hear what she has to say, since my experience with her as a wolf has been that she's pretty nasty to handle, and I'm slightly suspicious of her given the oddities present in her supposed pixie-ness.

Nasty to handle... as a wolf? :smalltongue: I wish I was nasty to handle. This might get me lynched, but oh well. The only time I ever do well as a wolf is when players start disregarding me because I have the worse luck as a wolf. When I'm a wolf or a Seer, I get lynched/killed early. The times I don't get removed early, I'm usually a non-power villager, or perhaps a Mason. And that makes it hard for people to see my end game, because I usually don't survive long enough. :smallsmile: Thus, why I am an effective wolf, if I live long enough.

The Pixie thing is, as Ramsus stated, given to me by Penguinator. I assume because I'm a cute pixie, and he likes me. :smallbiggrin: Oh, and I'm known to be a pixie on this forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunshine looks for the cave that Borealis is pointing out. She's slightly disappointed in not searching the 'cave' she had found already. But a new one will do.

Murska
2015-10-25, 06:15 PM
Eh. I've been too busy to do much, but as far as I can tell people are intending to lynch me. Given how this particular game works, and since I'm not the lone powerrole we yet have, I don't think it's such a great loss - I find it unlikely I'm going to be able to devote that much time to this game. However, I'm quite likely to still be an useful player if I do stay alive, so I would prefer not to be lynched. I don't have any alternatives to throw at you at this point, because I haven't gone over the thread to find any nor will I for at least a couple days more, but if you have some, take a look at them and see if it wouldn't be worth switching.

EDIT: As for my behaviour being different than in Fears, wasn't that the game where I claimed Baner on day one and then led the town to a victory in the end? Yes, I am acting differently in this game. It might be because I'm not the Baner. :P

Xihirli
2015-10-25, 06:17 PM
Wait... Xihirli posted an image? I'm on my phone and can't read it. If it is a vote, Xihirli, please post it normally. :smallsmile:

Zar Peter.

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-26, 03:45 AM
Guide to this post:

1. Pixie things; removal of FoS from Lex.
2. Response to Murska, general thoughts on our current lynch.
3. Reactions related to FD.
4. A vote count.

((@C'nor: Not sure what you want from us pixies. I asked Penguinator and the races mean nothing, it's just flavor. Unless the Awakened somehow manages to make it mean something. Or we players do...))

Oh! Also, C'Nor, why would Lex-Kat lie about being a pixie? I'm pretty sure the wolves became wolves last night. As such, EVERYONE (Except the Awakened) was town Day 1, and the Awakened isn't on the wolves' side. Any observations from Day 1 can therefore be completely within the interests of town, since nobody had turned traitor yet.

The Pixie thing is, as Ramsus stated, given to me by Penguinator. I assume because I'm a cute pixie, and he likes me. :smallbiggrin: Oh, and I'm known to be a pixie on this forum.

I had thought that the elementalness of the pixies was a thing Penguinator had set; thus, Lex's claim of not having gotten a specific element was suspicious. Given that, I figured it was worth an FoS and general inquiry to the other Pixies, but if it's not something along those lines, then I suppose that it's probably irrelevant. Ah well!

Nasty to handle... as a wolf? :smalltongue: I wish I was nasty to handle. This might get me lynched, but oh well. The only time I ever do well as a wolf is when players start disregarding me because I have the worse luck as a wolf. When I'm a wolf or a Seer, I get lynched/killed early. The times I don't get removed early, I'm usually a non-power villager, or perhaps a Mason. And that makes it hard for people to see my end game, because I usually don't survive long enough. :smallsmile: Thus, why I am an effective wolf, if I live long enough.

I remember being on a wolf team with you in Dragonspire where we basically ran the game together. :smalltongue: So I may be slightly biased there. Y'know? On the other hand, my actual reasons to be suspicious of you basically evaporated; if the Pixie thing is just random stuff that's not actually relevant to the game, then you haven't done much so far to make you notable one way or the other.

Eh. I've been too busy to do much, but as far as I can tell people are intending to lynch me. Given how this particular game works, and since I'm not the lone powerrole we yet have, I don't think it's such a great loss - I find it unlikely I'm going to be able to devote that much time to this game. However, I'm quite likely to still be an useful player if I do stay alive, so I would prefer not to be lynched. I don't have any alternatives to throw at you at this point, because I haven't gone over the thread to find any nor will I for at least a couple days more, but if you have some, take a look at them and see if it wouldn't be worth switching.

EDIT: As for my behaviour being different than in Fears, wasn't that the game where I claimed Baner on day one and then led the town to a victory in the end? Yes, I am acting differently in this game. It might be because I'm not the Baner. :P

Was it? If so that would definitely explain it. I had thought you just got into a fight with Shadow for ages and then eventually helped us win things. Let me go check and see if you did claim that early; the ensuing back and forth sort of overshadowed my memory of the actual cause. If so, then yes, that would explain it pretty neatly. :P

Anyhow, I'm not sure on this lynch but I'm also not getting a strong enough town vibe to make a good defense, either; that said, it might be more productive to switch targets, if we have time, because Murska has responded to the pressure on him now, so we can get more information by pressuring others at this point.

*grumbles* I hate day 1 lynching because I've run afoul of it many times and died on day 1 with no info and not been allowed to actually play the game. Hence why I'm an advocate of not lynching day 1 if all that's being done is wild guessing. Aaaand since people have seemed to jump right on that old bandwagon again, I'm going to change my vote to Murska out of self-preservation.

The thing is that you're not going for a viable solution to it, you're advocating moving Day 1 randomness to Day 2. Viable solutions are, for instance, pressure wagons Day 1, general questioning, and pretty much anything else that will actually get us more information, as opposed to simply twiddling our thumbs (and, in fact, you admit as much in your response to TheMatthew, when that can't have been the first time it's been pointed out to you).

...Firedaemon is behaving like normal. Pretty much every game he doesn't like the randomness of day 1 that comes from a lack of information and fails to comprehend that lynching nobody would just extend that lack of information further and further into the game. You still have good points about him basically actively trying to shut thematthew down though...

Ah. I see. Still odd that they haven't gotten it by now, though. But yes, that does seem a little more like a deliberate attempt to stifle discussion than just a distaste for the randomness to me.

In any case. Now that responses are cleared up, I'm going to note a discrepancy in FD's latest post! Well, several, actually. For those purposes, I'm going to requote it, so that I can discuss each part in turn without everyone having to scroll back up to where I was talking directly to them.

*grumbles* I hate day 1 lynching because I've run afoul of it many times and died on day 1 with no info and not been allowed to actually play the game.

This is a reasonable complaint - it does tend to suck when you end up lynched 'by default'. However, the following does not (as mentioned) actually follow -

Hence why I'm an advocate of not lynching day 1 if all that's being done is wild guessing.

If all that's being done is wild guessing, then yes, it doesn't give information. But that's not a reason for them to not want to lynch at all. That's a reason for them to object to random lynching, and attempt to ensure that we don't end up with people being lynched without discussion leading up to it. But that's not what they advocated here:

There was no mention made of the randomness of the voting to that point, or an attempt to generate discussion to aid town in finding another candidate; instead, what was mentioned was the lack of a Seer. So the stated reasoning behind why they were advocating for such is changing as people poke holes in their arguments; this isn't falling back to other parts of it, this is flat-out altering why they supposedly don't want to do this.

Now then. We come to the final part of their most recent post, which ties back to the second post I mentioned before. Remember how they said that we ought to look carefully at whoever gets a large amount of people piling on them:

Still, let's say there's four wolves. If those wolves all vote as a bloc, disguising their actions as a group of unrelated people coming to a similar conclusion, then they make up approximately 20% of the votes, which, due to the nature of Werewolf and Bandwagoning, is likely enough to get whoever they chose lynched...

...We should be careful. If too many people pile onto someone, we should look at them carefully./QUOTE]

?

Now, not only is it actually easier for the wolves to control the lynch in a fractured voting environment given the lack of a majority rule, which I'd forgotten the first time around, but look at how their vote shifted today, and why -

Aaaand since people have seemed to jump right on that old bandwagon again, I'm going to change my vote to [COLOR="#FF0000"]Murska out of self-preservation.

'Self-preservation' seems like he's being a lot more defensive than one would expect, given the actual numbers. Let's look at the actual numbers.

[QUOTE=Xihirli;19990588]No lynch today.

As such, the RNG has pointed me at Zar Peter.

I vote for ThePhantom.

The player list in the OP is seriously weird. That said, AvatarVecna.

Speaking of this, I'm going to vote for Murska since he didn't even show up on day 1, let alone RP, and it's not like he's not around.))

Ramsus. OMGUS.

TFT.

(firedaemon33, because as I understand it, a day one lynch is standard practice here, so lynching someone based on defending that fact seems off to me)

Zar Peter for now. Lousy tree-killer.

I think I'll go Murska, for OMGUS voting.

Also, Murska because might as well.

And now, though, we get to my actual suspicion, since I'm getting bonkers levels of wolf off of Firedaemon33.

Aaaand since people have seemed to jump right on that old bandwagon again, I'm going to change my vote to Murska out of self-preservation.

I have to point at someone... point at Lex-Kat because she used to be a wolf since the beginning of the world as I can remember :smalltongue:

RNG Caelestion

Murska, because what the others said. I apologize if anyone gets hurt from this.
Also, I wasn't active due to weekend activities.

Zar Peter.

At the time of FD's vote change to Murska, they had two votes on them - they still do, in fact. Nor had anyone really bandwagoned on Murska - he had three votes out of twenty-three. Zar Peter was tied with FD, too. So FD wasn't even up for lynch at that point, and enthusiasm for anyone to vote on them wasn't exactly being raised.

Besides that, though? They were jumping onto the (rather ersatz) 'bandwagon' despite having said in their last post that we should look extremely closely at anyone who was on such wagons and that generally we ought to attempt to avoid them. That seems pretty suspicious to me, on top of the other points already raised.

In fact, they seem to be the one to have made it turn into a bandwagon - between that vote and the 'tag-along' from Shadow11615, Murska is now definitively in the lead.

Also, vote count, at time of posting:

No-lynch: 1 (Xihirli)

Zar Peter: 2 (Elenna, TheMatthew.) (Xihirli is attempting to vote for Zar Peter. HOWEVER THEIR PRIOR VOTE IS NOT STRUCK OUT.)

The Phantom: 1 (Avatar Vecna)

Murska: 5 (Ramsus, GAAD, BasketOfPuppies, Firedaemon33, Shadow11615)

Ramsus: 1 (Murska)

TFT (TheFieryTower): 1 (Lex-Kat)

Firedaemon33: 2 (Silent_Interim, C'nor)

Lex-Kat: 1 (Zar Peter)

Caelestion: 1 (Duck99)

Lex-Kat
2015-10-26, 05:29 AM
I remember being on a wolf team with you in Dragonspire where we basically ran the game together. :smalltongue: So I may be slightly biased there. Y'know?
:eek: You remember our crushing win over town from almost four years ago? You need to be on my team more often. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-26, 05:34 AM
:eek: You remember our crushing win over town from almost four years ago? You need to be on my team more often. :smallbiggrin:

I do! I also remember you as the Necromancer in Center, rendering the wolf win even more certain than it already was. And that does sound pretty fun. :smallbiggrin:

(...Of course I also remember Seers. Yeesh, that was awful luck. But with that many seers running about, to be expected, I suppose.)

Lex-Kat
2015-10-26, 06:49 AM
:biggrin: Sorry I took so long to reply.... I was rereading Seers Academy. Oh to make my killers weep once again... What a fun bit of RPing we did. Even with Vesth playing the evil pixie-slayer. :smallyuk:

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-26, 07:00 AM
No worries, I was as well. And that was indeed a lovely bit of RPing; I'm sad that that never ran again so that we could hang about as ghosts. Though I suppose we could always bring it back? :smallbiggrin:

Logic
2015-10-26, 07:54 AM
I don't like the runaway wagon on Murska. He has posted far too little to have that many votes without someone being a wolf.

I do not suspect Ramsus as of yet, but the other 4 are now on my suspicious list. For now, Firedaemon33 for an alternative to the Murska wagon.

Someone asked about a miner? I know I heard it, but I can't remember...

My memory's a little faulty, you see. Had an incident with a cave in, and swamp gas.

Mordokai
2015-10-26, 11:14 AM
The lazy swashbuckler wakes up. He somehow managed to sleep through his awakening... wait, that doesn't make much sense. Ah, frak it, sense doesn't make much sense anyway.

And he is now trying too hard.

He sees a deamon of fire walking down the road and lazily chucks a sword towards him. Too lazy to check if the sword actually hit, he wavers off the road... time to check if the bartender has been awakened already.

*Mordokai points at Firedaemon33*

GAAD
2015-10-26, 11:20 AM
Huh. So FD33 is changing zir story, is acting overly defensive, has parallels to my actions day 1 of UnClassic, and is trying to get Murska lynched to deflect votes? My Murska vote is now cancelled. Still ambivalent about him, but if Firedaemon33 flips wolf then Murska looks like a town scapegoat to me.

Elenna
2015-10-26, 12:37 PM
From what I've seen of previous games, FD33 doesn't seem to be acting particularly different from normal. By which I mean they seem to have a habit of looking very wolfy and getting lynched in the first day or two.

On another note, I'm kind of curious about Xihirli's vote on Zar Peter. Want to share your thoughts?

Ramsus
2015-10-26, 12:44 PM
((Yeah, C'nor makes some good points. On the other hand FD gets lynched early a lot for basically this exact kind of stuff and it's not fun getting lynched early all the time. I'm fine with lynching Murska for not doing anything because he's not doing anything. He's not contributing to the lynch discussion aside from asking us to lynch someone else and he's not roleplaying even though the reason I (at least) am voting for him is because he isn't roleplaying. So yeah, to me that makes him a perfectly acceptable lynch if he can't do more than ask not to be lynched even when informed of what he could do to avoid it.

Edit: Also c'mon cave guys, RP with us.))

Penguinator
2015-10-26, 01:25 PM
Day is now over. I spent yesterday with a D&D group and didn't think about this game a whole lot. :smallredface:

Murska
2015-10-26, 01:38 PM
Not everyone is good at roleplaying.

Indarra
2015-10-26, 02:01 PM
I don't like the runaway wagon on Murska. He has posted far too little to have that many votes without someone being a wolf.

I do not suspect Ramsus as of yet, but the other 4 are now on my suspicious list. For now, Firedaemon33 for an alternative to the Murska wagon.

Someone asked about a miner? I know I heard it, but I can't remember...

My memory's a little faulty, you see. Had an incident with a cave in, and swamp gas.

Huh. So FD33 is changing zir story, is acting overly defensive, has parallels to my actions day 1 of UnClassic, and is trying to get Murska lynched to deflect votes? My Murska vote is now cancelled. Still ambivalent about him, but if Firedaemon33 flips wolf then Murska looks like a town scapegoat to me.

I apologize for my absence. I was about to vote Firedaemon but the day is over.
Again, I'm sorry.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-26, 03:55 PM

I spent 2-3 posts trying to find someone to RP with but nobody answered.

Penguinator
2015-10-26, 04:02 PM
I asked Penguinator and the races mean nothing, it's just flavor.

I had thought that the elementalness of the pixies was a thing Penguinator had set;

On this: At the start of Day One, all players (except for the Awakened) were told, "You have formulated into a Human/Dwarf/Gnome/Pixie, an inhabitant of the new world." Copy/pasted into every individual QT, save for the race changing. There's nothing about elements, nothing about anything other than a baseline race.

The newly (maybe, how is time in this game?)

You're kind of like Athena, from Greek mythology. Or Erfworld. You pop out, fully formed. Unless you want to play a younger member of a race. That's fine, too.

Images will not be counted as votes.

Not everyone is good at werewolf. That doesn't mean that they can't or shouldn't contribute. I'm not a particularly good villager, but that doesn't mean I don't try.

Ionbound
2015-10-26, 04:18 PM
And this is why I hate Day 1 lynching. It quickly becomes a game of 'Kill the person who's worst at playing WW, or who gets one person going all out on them.'

Legato Endless
2015-10-26, 04:24 PM
I spent 2-3 posts trying to find someone to RP with but nobody answered.

I'll be up for some interaction next day phase.

GAAD
2015-10-26, 04:26 PM
And this is why I hate Day 1 lynching. It quickly becomes a game of 'Kill the person who's worst at playing WW, or who gets one person going all out on them.'

Well, yeah. But if everyone twiddles their thumbs the wolves get a free kill and town learns nothing. Lesser of two evils and all that.

Caelestion
2015-10-26, 04:34 PM

Don't be silly. I am utterly useless at cold reading, but I have never, ever been lynched on Day One.

What's more, if you don't lynch on Day One, you're simply pushing the problem onto Day Two.

Now, I've died on Night One before, which still sucks, but either one spends Day One random-voting or one (possibly over-) reacts to people's comments that day. It looks like you're going to come a cropper to the second.

Cuthalion
2015-10-26, 04:39 PM
I think the only time I died D1 was when I was wolf.

Penguinator
2015-10-26, 08:43 PM
Day Two:

Having caught wind of the new threat, the creatures at the foot of the mountain began to prepare their defenses. The pixies befriended a "giant" in an attempt to better survey the area. The gnomes and dwarves worked with their shops to create weaponry and armor. The humans traveled between the other races, serving as assistants and keeping the other races informed of the defense plans. And then... it happened.
It happened slowly at first, but the alliance of races was sure that someone, somewhere was leaking information to the elves.
Some thought perhaps it was the old man with the bright green eyes. He had been silent as of late, preferring to stay with himself. They knew him to be an experienced creature... though, they hadn't been around long, so they weren't quite sure what it was that he was experienced with.
After a while, people began to notice strange goings on with the gnome who was looking for miners. His grumbles about a lack of supplies were constant, yet any time anyone needed a weapon, he was ready with one. He didn't seem to get enough workers for the mines, but the mine always seemed to be getting deeper. It finally occurred to one of the dwarves that the gnome had been planning to smuggle the elves in through the tunnel. He had also managed to trade with the elves to get materials for his forge.
A small contingent of creatures went to confront the gnome, led by the dwarf and one of the humans. "Excuse us, Sir, but we had noticed that..."
"Ah, it's always come after me first, is it? Me, me, me, me, me! Just go ahead and kill me already, no evidence or anything!"
"Umm... We had a few questions about..."
"That's how it is, just kill the weak link in the chain, right off the bat! So be it."
"That isn't exactly what we had in mind..."
"No reason for it, I tell you! Gets mighty old, and when..."
"Would... would somebody calm him down?"
"...It's just not fair, and they're always after me! What did I ever do? I tell ya-" Suddenly, a fist flew into the gnome's face and knocked him to the floor. The dwarf shrugged, cracking her knuckles. "I calmed him down." When the others glanced at her, she added, "You didn't say how."
"What the hell was that? Curse you! You... you...!" As the gnome started to get up, everyone noticed that his face seemed ajar, and his ears had suddenly become very pointed. "Uh... umm..."
"Well, well." The dwarf reached forward, pulling the mask off of the "gnome" to reveal an elvish likeness. "I think we know what to do with our traitor here, boys."

firedaemon33 was lynched. He was a non-powered Elf (Wolf), formerly a Gnome.

Player List:

#
Players
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Thematthew

C'Nor

Xihirli

Duck999

Cuthalion

Lex-Kat

TFT

Legato Endless

GAAD

Elenna

Murska

Zar Peter

Logic

ThePhantom

firedaemon33
Day Two
Elf

Silent_Interim

BasketOfPuppies

Mordokai

Indarra

Shadow11615

[TR]
Caelestion

Night 2 Begins.

Penguinator
2015-10-26, 09:20 PM
If anybody knows anything about TFT, he hasn't posted here or in his QT.

Please do check your QTs, I don't want to have to PM people to say that they've awakened.

Penguinator
2015-10-27, 01:23 PM
Posting at night is now open to roleplaying posts, and roleplaying posts only.

Cuthalion
2015-10-27, 02:35 PM
Zzzzzzzz...

Legato Endless
2015-10-28, 02:12 PM
The man moves silently over to the pointy hat, takes a quiet breathe and asks in a sputtering howl, ""What does a mound of Sand dream about?"

Cuthalion
2015-10-28, 02:52 PM
Eyes peer over the bottom of the hat, and blink a few times.

Glass? An ocean?

Indarra
2015-10-28, 04:16 PM
The sea. Sand dreams of the sea, where so many of its kin were taken to. Sand sees the sea as a sort of afterlife, a place to go when their time here is done. This is why desert sand is harsh and unforgiving: They have no sea.

Legato Endless
2015-10-28, 07:35 PM
"The ocean attacked me yesterday. Um, since you clearly have a spiritual rapport with it, could you maybe...talk to it? Smooth things over? Maybe get an apology for me?"

Xihirli
2015-10-28, 07:41 PM
You guys are weird.

http://media.makeameme.org/created/l51bkz.jpg

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-28, 08:51 PM
The mythology of the dwarves says that sand dreams of many things. Sometimes it dreams of the sea, and the slow tides under it (which nonetheless are still quite exciting for something that cannot move on its own); what that sand knows, they hear little of, for the ocean is far from their homes, and they only have the chance to speak with it when it is brought by traders.

Sometimes it dreams of the rock that it used to be. They know much of what that sand thinks, or so it is said, for they produce it by the ton each year in their mining. Dissension is rare, unless it is not all from the same stone, and it is sometimes found piled together where it was not when it was left. But it can tell them nothing they do not know, so it is rare to listen to it.

Some sand, especially from the desert, however, is different. It dreams of becoming glass. To be reborn in a shining form, hundreds or thousands worked together into something greater than the whole; it feels that to be made glass is to become an angel, forever in contact with the gods that reforged it into its proper form. That it must die as an individual to create such is irrelevant. That sand is prized by the dwarves, for it is shaped far more easily than any other sort, and almost never has to be reblown.

Of course, as with most mythology, it could easily be false. And it also doesn't exist yet; the world is too new for all that to have come into fashion for at least another several generations. But eventually, that will be what is taught, when a dwarven child asks about the dreams of sand. For now, the only dwarf to thus far awaken, as near as she can tell, has more pressing concerns.

For instance, she had managed to expose an elf. And now it was night, but she couldn't sleep; too many questions crowded her mind - fears that others could be elves and worries about how she would tell (how any of them would tell, for that matter). What might happen if they got it wrong, and the inevitable consequences even if they were right. Such were the thoughts that floated through her mind as she sat by the caves, hands on the head of her warhammer.

Silent_Interim
2015-10-28, 10:46 PM
Sand? Sand doesn't dream. Sand is too abstract, too broken, too weak and separate to ever dream. There is no unified whole. No grain has the wisdom for dreams, and while they have great power in their legions, they cannot combine their wisdom that way. Stone, now... stone doesn't dream either. It sleeps deeply. The thought of metal dreaming does not comfort me, not when I live my life to tear it from its natural home in the Earth. Nor does thinking of gemstones. But I have heard the rhythms in the rock, and sand does not dream.

(Also, what am I, chopped liver?:smalltongue:)

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-29, 12:17 AM
(I had not seen anyone else claim to be a dwarf. Whether you didn't say or I missed it, I dunno. :smalltongue:)

Silent_Interim
2015-10-29, 08:53 AM
(Well, I didn't really say it, not explicitly, I will admit. However, I'm a short, grumpy, bearded entity with a pickaxe...)

Logic
2015-10-29, 12:25 PM
You say sand doesn't dream? Perhaps not. But it yearns. If for nothing else, but for the smooth caress of its brothers, and tumbling within the waves. The ocean facilitates this, and so sand and water live in a harmonious balance that can be found nearly anywhere.

The ocean does not attack in the same sense that a storm does not attack. It was simply moving, heedless of your presence, and your were a victim of its ignorance. To imply the ocean has malice shows you misunderstand it.

Indarra
2015-10-29, 06:00 PM
There is, indeed, a spiritual feeling with the waters churning with salt and sand. A sense of belonging that the soil of the Sahara feels when it is finally swept away by its massive home: Its Holy Sea, if you will.

((Sorry. I am so sorry. I could not resist.))

Lady Serpentine
2015-10-29, 08:52 PM
((Aren't we due for a new day? :smallconfused:))

Penguinator
2015-10-29, 09:49 PM
Night is now over, narration to follow.

Penguinator
2015-10-29, 10:57 PM
Night Two:

Some day, the dwarves would teach their children about the dreams of the sand that they gathered from their mines. The sand that they prized most, the desert sand, which dreamed about being worked into glass. These were important facets of the dwarven tradition.
But for now, there were other matters to attend to. The dwarf which had, quite literally, unmasked the elf earlier guarded the caves. She had not met many other dwarves, but she knew that they were out there. She watched, and she waited, warhammer ever at the ready. For some, it was odd that there was a dwarf, especially a female, who was so ready to protect those around her, even though they were not themselves dwarves. It was stranger still that she was not at work in the mines, with the sand that the dwarves would eventually learn to love.
Steady at her vigil, the dwarf had not slept for days. Or, at least what felt like days. Finally, she heard a rustle coming from the bushes. She raised her hammer - was it friend or foe? Suddenly, an arrow shot past the dwarf. She was just able to dodge out of the way as another arrow came through. This one hit her in the leg, and though she hardly felt the sting of the arrow itself, she soon realized that the arrows had been poisoned. She readied to charge at the threat, her warhammer suddenly feeling heavy in her hand. She ran a few steps before dropping to her knee, and she reached into her pack for anything that could stave off the poison. After a few moments, everything became blurry. She noticed several dark figures above her, and could make out a few words.
"...Kill... one of..."
"...Think twice..."
"...Filthy dwarf."
Yes, the dwarves would eventually teach their children about the sand and the dreams. But this dwarf? This dwarf would be a part of the sand that the dwarves so prized...

Elsewhere, several creatures had banded together to stop the elven menace. After several days of study, they were sure that the others were not elves any more than they themselves were. From this group, they would launch the first offensive against the elves.

C'nor was killed. She was a non-powered Dwarf (Town).

The Awakened has gifted the town with Masons.

Player List:

#
Players
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Thematthew

C'Nor
Night Two
Dwarf

Xihirli

Duck999

Cuthalion

Lex-Kat

TFT

Legato Endless

GAAD

Elenna

Murska

Zar Peter

Logic

ThePhantom

firedaemon33
Day Two
Elf

Silent_Interim

BasketOfPuppies

Mordokai

Indarra

Shadow11615

[TR]
Caelestion

Day 3 Begins.

Penguinator
2015-10-30, 05:16 PM
Anybody? :smalleek:

ThePhantom
2015-10-30, 06:03 PM
(Sorry, was at work)

The dwarf who was hoping who work in a mine, who had the surprise of his employer being an elf, now takes over the forge for himself. Perhaps there will a chance for him to have this mine and forge deal work out.

Indarra
2015-10-30, 07:37 PM
The investor claimed the forge in counter, however.
"All of the money that went into this forge was mine. Only if you find some way to make up 400 gp can you take it."

ThePhantom
2015-10-30, 08:27 PM
"Er, fair enough. Good luck with that."

The dwarf turns off, and heads off to the mountains. There might be a mine, just waiting for him to find it.

Shadow11615
2015-10-30, 09:03 PM
May C'nor rest in peace.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-30, 09:30 PM
The four gnomes had never met the now deceased dwarf (or anyone else for that matter). They wondered what had caused it. They resumed their wanderings, looking for any other signs of life.

((Fourth request for someone to RP with))

Xihirli
2015-10-31, 09:23 AM
The drow that was for some reason there was out using fire spells to turn sand into glass. Apparently people didn't mind too much, here.
"This makes no sense!" Xihirli shouted as he fireballed glass into existence.
When he came to the gnomes, he stopped in his tracks.
"Are you sand?" he asked after a brief moment of regretting not fireballing anything for two seconds.

((Can I RP as Drow, even though my QT says Pixie?))

Silent_Interim
2015-10-31, 09:43 AM
The four gnomes had never met the now deceased dwarf (or anyone else for that matter). They wondered what had caused it. They resumed their wanderings, looking for any other signs of life.

((Fourth request for someone to RP with))

A dwarf sits in front of them, weeping over a pile of sand.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-31, 09:57 AM
A dwarf sits in front of them, weeping over a pile of sand.

The gnomes, seeing this distressed dwarf, rush over.

What's wrong?

Cuthalion
2015-10-31, 10:56 AM
I think he's trying to make an ocean?

Silent_Interim
2015-10-31, 11:01 AM
The dwarf, red eyed, looks over at the gnomes. "She's dead. The first dwarf to have died on this world. And I don't know what it means."

Steve stood. "I'm looking for meaning. Can you help me?"

GAAD
2015-10-31, 12:33 PM
Borealis was scared.
The elf had looked just like a gnome. Were any of her friends traitors, too?
Bringing her light with her, she stalked the forest, alone.
She decided to venture into the tunnels, to see what she could find that might expose other elves.
She was going to be okay, right?
Right.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-31, 12:58 PM
The dwarf, red eyed, looks over at the gnomes. "She's dead. The first dwarf to have died on this world. And I don't know what it means."

Steve stood. "I'm looking for meaning. Can you help me?"

Aye, maybe we can.

What do you like to do?

What're you good at?

GAAD
2015-10-31, 01:12 PM
So, since nobody else seems to be doing this, day 2 recap.

FD33 propositions for a no-lynch.

Xihirli votes for a no-lynch. He later claims that he thought it was still day 1, and that there were therefore no wolves.

[]Elenna RNG votes Zar Peter.

[]AV votes, without a posted reason, for ThePhantom.

thematthew calls out FD33 on his reasoning for not voting day 1, namely that it is a stupid reason. FD33 changes their story, before voting thematthew and claiming RNG.

[]Caelestion, without a posted reason, votes AvatarVecna.

[]Ramsus votes Murska for inactivity, and paints an FoS on Xihirli.

[]Murska OMGUS votes Ramsus.

[]Lex-Kat, without a posted reason, votes TFT.

[]SI votes FD33 for trying to make a no-lynch.

EDIT - []thematthew votes Zar Peter for roleplaying reasons.

I vote Murska for the OMGUS on Ramsus.

[]BOP votes Murska for bandwagon purposes.

[]C’nor paints an FOS on Murska for odd behavior, Lex-Kat for suspicious roleplaying, and votes FD33 for trying to get a day 2 vote nullified.

[]FD33 changes vote to Murska, claiming self-preservation, despite the fact Murska has a bigger wagon than them.

[]Zar Peter votes Lex-Kat for a silly metagaming reason that she seems to always be a wolf.

[]Duck999 RNG votes Caelestion.

[]Shadow11615 votes Murska, joining late on the bandwagon but agreeing with others’ interpretations of why he might be a wolf.

Murska claims NOT to be the Baner.

[]Xihirli RNG votes Zar Peter.

C’nor makes a big analysis post incriminating FD33.

[]Logic points out the runaway wagon on Murska, claiming someone in that bandwagon is a wolf (he was right). He votes FD33 to save Murska.

[]Mordokai agrees with C’nor’s analysis and votes FD33.

[]I agree with C’nor’s analysis and vote for FD33.

Indarra arrives late for the day, wishing to vote for FD33.

---FD33 was a wolf, and was lynched.
Zar Peter: 3 (Elenna, EDIT - thematthew, Xihirli)
ThePhantom: 1 (AvatarVecna
Murska: 4 (Ramsus, BasketOfPuppies, Firedaemon33, Shadow11615)
Ramsus: 1 (Murska)
TFT: 1 (Lex-Kat)
Firedaemon33: 5 (Silent_Interim, C'nor, Logic, Mordokai, GAAD)
Lex-Kat: 1 (Zar Peter)
Caelestion: 1 (Zar Peter)

---

Now, let’s take a look at that Murska bandwagon, shall we?

I posted in post 152 that if FD33 flipped wolf, Murska would look town. They did, and thus he does.

People who, at one point, voted Murska:
Ramsus, for inactivity
Me, for OMGUS
BOP, to start a bandwagon
FD33, claiming self-preservation, but obviously in hindsight trying to get Murska lynched.
Shadow11615 for inactivity.

Ramsus had legitimate reasons for voting Murska.
FD33 was a wolf trying to save their bacon.
I voted for a silly reason and later changed my vote.
BasketOfPuppies… just wanted to join a bandwagon. This seems like extremely wolfish behaviour.
Shadow joined late enough, after FD33 slipped, that he might have wished to save FD33.

TLDR:
BasketOfPuppies, for bandwagoning Murska without a reason.
Shadow11615, for joining in on the Murska bandwagon late, after FD33 slipped and there was no reason to vote for Murska.

Zar Peter
2015-10-31, 01:17 PM
The lumberjack skips and jumps through the woods. His first nearly-employer was an elf. What a surprise. Well, then I have to bring the wood for the dwarf now. But I still need tea and scones. And maybe there is a best girl to be on my side, too.

And point at .... (Xihirli or Shadow11615... tossing coint) Shadow11615

Lex-Kat
2015-10-31, 01:21 PM
Borealis was scared.
The elf had looked just like a gnome. Were any of her friends traitors, too?
Bringing her light with her, she stalked the forest, alone.
She decided to venture into the tunnels, to see what she could find that might expose other elves.
She was going to be okay, right?
Right.

Sunshine floated up next to Borealis, intending to give the sad looking pixie a hug. As she hugs her friend, she reaches around and caresses her back. If she could speak, she'd try to comfort her with soothing words.

((Pointing at TFT, again))

Elenna
2015-10-31, 01:46 PM
Abby looks over. Hey, Borealis, are you okay?

---

Voting for BasketOfPuppies for random bandwagon vote yesterday.
Lex, any reason you're voting for TFT?

Caelestion
2015-10-31, 02:36 PM
I could get behind either Shadow or Basket, so I'll vote for Shadow11615.

Shadow11615
2015-10-31, 03:33 PM
The reason I voted on Murska was because there was a bandwagon. Murska, having the most votes at the time, must have been the most suspicious one, and so I voted on him. Not having the patience to look through the pages, I did a quick scan and chose the one written in red the most.
Two questions.
#1. Who is TFT? I haven't found anybody posting by that name.
#2. What was FD33's slip (in GAAD's post)?

GAAD
2015-10-31, 03:44 PM
The reason I voted on Murska was because there was a bandwagon. Murska, having the most votes at the time, must have been the most suspicious one, and so I voted on him. Not having the patience to look through the pages, I did a quick scan and chose the one written in red the most.
Two questions.
#1. Who is TFT? I haven't found anybody posting by that name.
#2. What was FD33's slip (in GAAD's post)?

1) TFT is a person who signed up for the game and has apparently done nothing, not even post in their personal QT for Penguinator (They may have done so by now, but Penginarrator publically posted that TFT had failed to do so). They'll probably autolynch soon.
2) FD33's slip was in making a big production of being shoved on the chopping block for no reason, while changing their story and reasons for not wanting to vote. Some of the "evidence" FD33 provided in their defense (including the idea that FD33 had any bandwagon at all) was patently false. As such, C'nor pointed out the inconsistencies and the bandwagon FD33 claimed to be on them was actually formed.

The reason I think you're a wolf is because you jumped on the Murska wagon after FD33 made the slip, but before C'nor revealed it. As I'm pretty sure Murska's town and an easy wolf scapegoat, considering how hard FD33 was pushing that wagon, it looks like a last-ditch effort to get a veteran town lynched before everyone notices the bonkers level of wolf FD33 was leaking.

Thematthew
2015-10-31, 04:06 PM
Seeing the small group heading through the forest, the tree dweller follows them to see what they are up to. She stops when she notices the tunnels they are approaching, and wonders if she should continue to follow.

Just pointing out GAAD, but I also voted for Zar Peter yesterday on the grounds that he is a tree killing monster. However I'm willing to forgive for now and vote for Basket of Puppies for bandwagoning yesterday. Not feeling 100% on shadow, and his wagon is growing kinda quickly.

Shadow11615
2015-10-31, 04:16 PM
Can't argue with that. There isn't exactly another suitable choice besides Basket of Puppies, according to posts before, and day one is about randomness.
As for my vote, I'll wait till tomorrow, or is today the day? RNG is a random name generator, right?

GAAD
2015-10-31, 04:40 PM
Seeing the small group heading through the forest, the tree dweller follows them to see what they are up to. She stops when she notices the tunnels they are approaching, and wonders if she should continue to follow.

Just pointing out GAAD, but I also voted for Zar Peter yesterday on the grounds that he is a tree killing monster. However I'm willing to forgive for now and vote for Basket of Puppies for bandwagoning yesterday. Not feeling 100% on shadow, and his wagon is growing kinda quickly.

Aww man! Did I forget you? I'm sorry. I'll edit that in. :smallsigh::smallfrown:

ThePhantom
2015-10-31, 06:02 PM
The dwarf pauses out in his journey, thinking that it might have might not have been a good idea to head off all by himself.

(I guess I need to vote. TFT)

Shadow11615
2015-10-31, 06:20 PM
In that case, TFT

GAAD
2015-10-31, 06:45 PM
Why are you three voting for TFT?

Sure, inactivity is bad, but TFT is a non-entity. Maybe if they actually post, you might have something, but at this point I don't see why we should waste a lynch removing from play... someone who isn't playing. I'm not sure if there ARE autolynches; I just checked the rules and Penguinator has nothing to say on the subject. As it stands, my view of TFT is as a nonsentient meatshield who counts as someone the wolves have to kill. Why should we destroy our own wall, and not vote for someone who's actually playing?

If autolynches are not a thing, then TFT is likely town, but has no case for or against them. We probably shouldn't lynch them.
If they ARE a thing, and refusing to vote will get you autolynched, then let's not waste a lynch on them, K?

Shadow11615
2015-10-31, 07:35 PM
The gnome looked and heard, others seemed to plot against him, which was not a surprise. The unknown was always feared. Perhaps he could live another day, to save another person. Those 4 gnomes, for example, awfully suspicious for simply being alive, they would do.

(In that case, Basket of Puppies, purely for survival.)

Lex-Kat
2015-10-31, 10:19 PM
Why are you three voting for TFT?

Sure, inactivity is bad, but TFT is a non-entity. Maybe if they actually post, you might have something, but at this point I don't see why we should waste a lynch removing from play... someone who isn't playing. I'm not sure if there ARE autolynches; I just checked the rules and Penguinator has nothing to say on the subject. As it stands, my view of TFT is as a nonsentient meatshield who counts as someone the wolves have to kill. Why should we destroy our own wall, and not vote for someone who's actually playing?

If autolynches are not a thing, then TFT is likely town, but has no case for or against them. We probably shouldn't lynch them.
If they ARE a thing, and refusing to vote will get you autolynched, then let's not waste a lynch on them, K?

Because I have a strange fascination with lynching those on the AL-block. I don't like `em (Not them, personally, mind you. I like TFT as a player.). They mess up the balance of games. And wolves don't have to deal with them. They are free deaths for the wolves. One less villager they have to kill.

Whereas, the more Auto-lynches you have, the fewer days we have to discover wolves. ALs are basically free kills for wolves. A two for one special. They like them.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-10-31, 11:12 PM
I've forgotten what it's like to get killed early game. Shadow.

Duck999
2015-11-01, 08:28 AM
I'm going to go with shadow. I've seen a lot of day 1 village bandwagoners, so switching to a non-wolf wagon later on is more suspicious to me.

Murska
2015-11-01, 08:36 AM
The shy one, dark and muted in colours, watched over the proceedings. He preferred the night's peace and calm, but even that was broken by the recent events. Yesterday, the others had all blamed him until they accidentally stumbled on a traitor in their midst. It was always possible they'd try to hurt him again.

The one in the shadows was one of the bullies. But the four gnomes, too, looked scary. Moving with such unity. How could they stand never being alone? (Basket of Puppies to compete with the other wagon. Also, stop voting just for 'Shadow', it confuses me. :P)

BasketOfPuppies
2015-11-01, 09:04 AM
Also, stop voting just for 'Shadow', it confuses me. :P

The Shadow?

The Shadow!

The Shadow.

Penguinator
2015-11-01, 09:43 AM
Day is now over. Narration at some point.

Silent_Interim
2015-11-01, 10:22 AM
So, since nobody else seems to be doing this, day 2 recap.
*snip*
SI votes FD33 for trying to make a no-lynch.

Not... quite. My actual reasoning was that FD33's reasoning for voting thematthew was essentially that thematthew was defending D1 lynching, despite that being standard practice here. That seemed a tenuous reason for a vote.

The Shadow?

The Shadow!

The Shadow.

Well done. It's been ages since I watched those films.

Aye, maybe we can.

What do you like to do?

What're you good at?

"I'm... I like to listen to the rocks. To sing to them. They don't love or hate. They just... are, and there's a strange beauty in that.

Xihirli
2015-11-01, 01:05 PM
1) TFT is a person who signed up for the game and has apparently done nothing, not even post in their personal QT for Penguinator (They may have done so by now, but Penginarrator publically posted that TFT had failed to do so). They'll probably autolynch soon.
2) FD33's slip was in making a big production of being shoved on the chopping block for no reason, while changing their story and reasons for not wanting to vote. Some of the "evidence" FD33 provided in their defense (including the idea that FD33 had any bandwagon at all) was patently false. As such, C'nor pointed out the inconsistencies and the bandwagon FD33 claimed to be on them was actually formed.

The reason I think you're a wolf is because you jumped on the Murska wagon after FD33 made the slip, but before C'nor revealed it. As I'm pretty sure Murska's town and an easy wolf scapegoat, considering how hard FD33 was pushing that wagon, it looks like a last-ditch effort to get a veteran town lynched before everyone notices the bonkers level of wolf FD33 was leaking.

If TFT is probably going to autolynch then I'll take a shot at Shadow because BoP will roleplay this game.

Silent_Interim
2015-11-01, 01:46 PM
If TFT is probably going to autolynch then I'll take a shot at Shadow because BoP will roleplay this game.

The day's over...

BasketOfPuppies
2015-11-01, 02:31 PM
"I'm... I like to listen to the rocks. To sing to them. They don't love or hate. They just... are, and there's a strange beauty in that.

I can see the reasoning in that. Maybe some singing will help make you feel better.

Don't think that we're trying to undermine the loss, we're not.

But we need to keep our spirits up. Clearly something caused this.

And we can't just wait around for it to get to us.

So c'mon, let's go sing at some rocks.

Mordokai
2015-11-01, 02:41 PM
The swashbuckler wakes up, having no idea how much time has passed or where he even is. He looks around and sees Basket of Puppies and runs away screaming.

Probably best not to know what's going on inside that addled mind.

Thematthew
2015-11-01, 02:44 PM
Psst... the day is over per post #215...

Silent_Interim
2015-11-01, 04:52 PM
I can see the reasoning in that. Maybe some singing will help make you feel better.

Don't think that we're trying to undermine the loss, we're not.

But we need to keep our spirits up. Clearly something caused this.

And we can't just wait around for it to get to us.

So c'mon, let's go sing at some rocks.

Steve chuckled and wiped some of the tears away. "Alright. Thank you." He pointed to a nearby cave. "I've got some things in there. Best place for it."

BasketOfPuppies
2015-11-01, 05:31 PM
Steve chuckled and wiped some of the tears away. "Alright. Thank you." He pointed to a nearby cave. "I've got some things in there. Best place for it."

Makes sense. We'll help you carry if you want.

Shadow11615
2015-11-02, 06:42 PM
The gnome looked around, he would be leaving this world soon. Anytime now.
Oh well. It was fun. (I suppose it's too late to say I'm town?)

GAAD
2015-11-03, 10:33 AM
It's be over 48 hours. What did Shadow flip?

Penguinator
2015-11-03, 03:46 PM
Day Three:

The town gathered to discuss who seemed the most suspicious.
"There's that one little creature who keeps running around, claiming to be a 'Drow', pointing fingers at things and shouting 'Burn, baby, burn!' Then it laughs cruelly, but there's nothing actually burning, so I'm not sure what it's going on about."
"What's a Drow?"
"I dunno. I'm pretty sure they don't exist in this world, or surely we would have known about them before. Either way, they say that somebody was so afraid of the fire that they ran off."
"Ah. A fleeing coward, eh? We'll ring them back in."
"I think it follows that the first elf was disguised as a Gnome. Perhaps we should look at the other gnomes?"
"Good point. You four, what say you?"
The four small gnomes looked around at each other. "Well, we aren't elves."
"Last I checked."
"Banana."
"But maybe you should look at that other gnome fellow. Mighty suspicious, calling himself the 'Shadow.'"
The other gnome looked shocked. "Wh-I'm no elf!"
The elder at the table (he was formed a good two minutes before the others) shook his head. "Now, now. We're not going to get anywhere by just saying that we're not elves. I propose we settle this in a dignified manner, such as..."
"FIGHT TO THE DEATH!" Someone else shouted, and before the elder could respond, the participants were shoved into a small ring and told to get on with it.
"But... I don't want to be part of a dogfight!"
"What's a dog?"
"It's a... never mind."
But the other gnome leapt at the four, hoping to use the element of first strike to his advantage. Naturally, the single gnome was no match for the other four, and in a few moments, he was down. A broken, bloody mess, but a gnome nonetheless.
"Tell... whatsyerface... Steve... I said g'bye." After a moment, the gnome's body was gone, leaving only dust in its place.

Shadow11615 was lynched. He was a non-powered Gnome (Town).

TFT was scared away (autolynched). Fleeing Coward will be replacing him.

Missed one day:
Ramsus
Logic
Silent_Interim

Missed two days (of voting):
Legato Endless (has posted)
Cuthalion (has posted)
Indarra

Player List:

#
Players
Killed
Role

Ramsus

Thematthew

C'Nor
Night Two
Dwarf

Xihirli

Duck999

Cuthalion

Lex-Kat

TFT Fleeing Coward

Legato Endless

GAAD

Elenna

Murska

Zar Peter

Logic

ThePhantom

firedaemon33
Day Two
Elf

Silent_Interim

BasketOfPuppies

Mordokai

Indarra

Shadow11615
Day Two
Gnome

[TR]
Caelestion

Night 3 Begins.

Silent_Interim
2015-11-03, 05:25 PM
Steve stared in horror, then ran from the gathering towards his cave.

BasketOfPuppies
2015-11-03, 08:49 PM
((@Pengu: you got Bongo spot on.))

Legato Endless
2015-11-05, 01:16 PM
The man awoke with a start. How long had he been asleep? What had happened? He brushed himself from under the tree that had fallen on him, and moved out into the darkness to seek answers.

Caelestion
2015-11-07, 07:28 AM
The human formed from rocks and mud looked out at the night sky and thought that the stars had been out for a very long time.

GAAD
2015-11-07, 01:46 PM
Borealis took advantage of this and started weaving a new dress.

Penguinator
2015-11-07, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I've been dealing with some things IRL.

Penguinator
2015-11-10, 03:29 AM
In the interest of keeping the game going,

ThePhantom was nightkilled. He was a non-powered Dwarf. (Town)

The Awakened has gifted the town with a Necromancer.

The Arbitrator will fill in the details later.

Day Four begins.

Penguinator
2015-11-10, 03:36 PM
It is officially day, now. You can do all those wonderful things that are usually done during the day.

Lex-Kat
2015-11-10, 05:06 PM
Sunshine had gotten separated from the other pixies. Scared, she explodes into a bright ball of light, illuminating everything around her.

((Zar Peter, because squid bones don't exist.))

Ramsus
2015-11-10, 08:43 PM
Mahogany, seeing the light from far off, flies in it's direction. But it's quite a bit away and who knows what might pop up on the way.

((Silent_Interim, because.... I've pretty much lost track of who's done what.))

BasketOfPuppies
2015-11-10, 08:52 PM
How're you holding up pal?

Quetzalcoatl.

Silent_Interim
2015-11-10, 10:14 PM
"They're just killing each other! They're just killing each other without a care or thought! There's not that many of us, we can't just die! I know that you were acting in self defense, but you killed the other gnome! That was the first person I ever saw! And now another dwarf who I couldn't even talk to is dead! What's going on? Why is the world broken? Why are so many people who I have ties to dying? It doesn't make sense!" Steve breaks down into sobbing, rocking himself quietly back and forth in a corner of his little cave he called home.

(Zar Peter for want of a better wagon. If anybody posts any analysis or anything I might change my vote.)

Fleeing Coward
2015-11-11, 04:41 AM
2 meaty Dwarves for some juicy Dwarf Steaks, check.
1 fat Gnome for a nice loaf of Gnomish Bread, check.
1 lean Pixie for a delicious Pixie Kebab, still needs work...

Flena heads deep into the forest searching for a nice sturdy Yew tree - abit hard to hunt some Sunshine (Lex-Kat) without a nice bow after all.

Zar Peter
2015-11-11, 04:47 AM
The man awoke with a start. How long had he been asleep? What had happened? He brushed himself from under the tree that had fallen on him, and moved out into the darkness to seek answers.

The lumberjack slowly emerges from the shadows. He had completely not noticed that there was lying someone when he fell that tree and now... thank goodness he wasn't hurt. Well, he thought, maybe I should look around for another job. But I just love trees. And lingerie. Yes. Have to search for a lingerie shop.

Point at Lex-Kat to start a bandwagon where I'm not on it.

Lex-Kat
2015-11-11, 05:12 AM
{{:smalltongue: And look, it's my two pixie hunters, come to get me. :smallbiggrin:}}

Fleeing Coward
2015-11-11, 06:00 AM
((Flena's just hunting pixie because it's the next dish on the menu. For the record, Flena is perfectly prepared to discriminate against all inferior races equally as they are all food to him - especially gnomes because everyone knows that gnomes are food (gnomesarefood.com) :smallbiggrin:))

BasketOfPuppies
2015-11-11, 07:06 AM
((Flena's just hunting pixie because it's the next dish on the menu. For the record, Flena is perfectly prepared to discriminate against all inferior races equally as they are all food to him - especially gnomes because everyone knows that gnomes are food (gnomesarefood.com) :smallbiggrin:))

First of all how dare you.

- - - Updated - - -

"They're just killing each other! They're just killing each other without a care or thought! There's not that many of us, we can't just die! I know that you were acting in self defense, but you killed the other gnome! That was the first person I ever saw! And now another dwarf who I couldn't even talk to is dead! What's going on? Why is the world broken? Why are so many people who I have ties to dying? It doesn't make sense!" Steve breaks down into sobbing, rocking himself quietly back and forth in a corner of his little cave he called home.

The gnomes sit next to him, consoling their new friend. They ask what could be done to help.

Murska
2015-11-11, 07:15 AM
(Fleeing Coward, because how more obviously evil can you get?)

A dark mote flits through the trees, hiding in the foliage. A wing shields peering eyes from the blinding light, but the owner still tries to watch over the situation.

Silent_Interim
2015-11-11, 10:39 AM
The gnomes sit next to him, consoling their new friend. They ask what could be done to help.
Steve grabbed one of the gnomes and clutched them in a crushing bear hug, sobbing violently all the while.

Elenna
2015-11-11, 10:55 AM
Abby wakes up and looks around. Hey, where'd Sunshine go?

((Fleeing Coward for RP reasons. I don't have time for analysis at the moment, too many midterms.))

GAAD
2015-11-11, 12:25 PM
My analysis from Day 3 stands.
BasketOfPuppies until something changes my mind.

Ramsus
2015-11-11, 01:26 PM
((Switching to ]Zar Peter[/S] because yeah don't lynch us pixies!))

BasketOfPuppies
2015-11-11, 02:27 PM
Steve grabbed one of the gnomes and clutched them in a crushing bear hug, sobbing violently all the while.

Tiny accepts the rib-crushing grip and gives Steve a hug back.

Cuthalion
2015-11-11, 03:35 PM
Zar Peter's vote there looks slightly opportunistic.