PDA

View Full Version : Things I've learned from OotS...

Professor Tanhauser
2007-05-20, 06:15 PM
1. if I ever play D&D (HA!) and I have a chance to raise an undead skeleton warrior, it's gonna be a death knight. I mean, out of the 3 boney gits redcloak created, only the DK was worth a damn. The heckwithyou only managed to off a ninja that was actuall working towards a goal reddy's army could have used so it acheived NOTHING. The eye of fear and fire is now helping decimate reddy's army so is actually COUNTERPODUCTIVE which means thr death knight was the only one to do anything even close to helping reddy's army.

So, out of the undead skeleton warriors, it looks like deathknights are the ones to go with.

2. if I'm ever playing in D&D I'll hace to invent rubber balls so I can increibe symbols on them.

teratorn
2007-05-20, 06:37 PM
2. if I'm ever playing in D&D I'll hace to invent rubber balls so I can increibe symbols on them.

You can buy rubber balls in DnD (I wonder why?). It would only work if you're the DM, and even then only to get NPCs to kill other NPCs. Try that on PCs and they would leave.

Oxymoron
2007-05-20, 08:32 PM
I think you are being a bit unfair to the other undead skeletons. The death knight caused the most havoc yes, but both the hevuca (or whatever its spelled) and the eye of fear and flame are usually powerful undead. The hevuca just got over its head, but it had clearly had powerful spells and the eye of fear and flame is usually a twisted perverse sadist that delights in others suffering, however this one was a cowardly weakling.

So usually, raising either of the skellies would be worth it in a "normal" D&D campaign.

the_tick_rules
2007-05-20, 08:43 PM
but it was funny.

the mysterian
2007-05-20, 08:47 PM
the eye of fear and flame is usually a twisted perverse sadist that delights in others suffering, however this one was a cowardly weakling.

funny how it met up with belkar, he is what the eye should be

Icewalker
2007-05-20, 08:50 PM
You know, the rubber balls as item in a book is actually in Dungeonscape (I think) which Rich Burlew wrote/helped write.