PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CLXVII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Uberblah
2007-05-21, 10:27 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavern100.gif

Come and enjoy our unique beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca-meets-rustic-Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth.

Trog's Tavern has been enchanted to be indestructible. Please refrain from attempting to damage it, as it will not work.

Theme Song (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/televisioncity/cheerssong.html)

NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers: Hoseki, Tempest Stormwing, Valthreborn Valthera
Bartender: Trog, El J, Nina, Paige, Cosmo, Alex Shipmaster, Erdan
Cook: Who
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - a feisty and vivacious 18 year old (she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Paige - a sweet and wholesome elf working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Cosmo - a quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel.

All will be happy to serve you. ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))
GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Kobold Chianti - Tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.

Bar Drinks:
Pina CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Sweet vermouth with bitters and more.
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk.
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps.
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie.
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down.
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures.
Black Market Wallbanger
Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater
Guild Vodka No. 3
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.

Beers Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger - Death-o-licious!
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh... I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.

Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
Llamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation.
Hot Chocolate - with little marshmallows and stuff.

To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Surprise

Desserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-21, 10:33 PM
The vampire appearing? That makes Destro look up. Huh. New necromantic signature. He closes the book and sips his glass of retroactively delivered fireamber.

Rebonack
2007-05-21, 10:35 PM
((Why do we remake threads anyway? Seems like it just proliferates useless topics.))

Nicholas hears the pitter-patter of undead feet behind him and stomps on the edge of the table he's currently standing on.

This in turn causes said table to upend, probably knocking the vampire's long sword well of target.

Nick, meanwhile, slides onto the floor of the common room and darts around his makeshift cover, loosing a flurry of holy arrows in a similar flurry of twangs. Apparently he's hoping to catch the undead being off guard with his blade stuck in a table.

"Why in Selune's name would anyone get killed by a rabbit?" the marksmen mutters.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 10:39 PM
((VORPAL RABBIT OF DOOM!))

The vampire immediately releases the sword and slides around the table, using it as cover against the arrows. Once the volley dies down, the vampire moves to the next table.

Xeni aims and fires his brand of undead bane arrow.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-21, 10:45 PM
Because it wasn't just any rabbit. Says Destro, watching the vampire in an amused sort of way. It was the most mean tempered rodent you ever laid eyes on! It had nasty big pointed teeth.

Uberblah
2007-05-21, 10:46 PM
((Why do we remake threads anyway? Seems like it just proliferates useless topics.))

((organization))

Rebonack
2007-05-21, 10:47 PM
Nick decides to spice things up just a bit.

He notches another arrow in place and launches it at the vampire. Or, specifically, the table the vampire is behind.

Said arrow explodes in a rather powerful burst of force, blasting the undead's cover to splinters. Close behind is a trio of blessed arrows.

"Let's see you dodge that!" Nicholas yells, apparently unaware of the fact that say such things causes precisely that to happen.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-21, 10:50 PM
Destro falls into dead time, as his player goes to play SC.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 10:52 PM
The vampire blinks and fails to dodge. Any of them. This results in a bit of yelling and one rather dead shadow vamp.

Xeni's arrows whiz harmlessly past the vampire and he sighs disappointedly.

Rebonack
2007-05-21, 10:56 PM
Nicholas scowls at the fallen vampire.

"Now what do we do with him?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-21, 10:58 PM
I say burn it.
Then he is dead timed because his player just noticed how exhausted and close to passing out his is.

((g'night))

Rebonack
2007-05-21, 11:04 PM
"I'm not sure if we're allowed to burn stuff inside. And I think it would smell awful," Nick glances up at the gnome behind the counter. "Hey... ummm... Cosmo? Could you take care of this thing?"

The gnome grumbles at hauls the corpse off to the heap of dead monsters out behind the tavern.

"So, I suppose I can tell you story about how I..." he stops, waving one hand in front of Xeni's face. "Hello...?"

"Stupid dead time..."

The marksmen snaps his bow apart, sheaths the pair of sabers, and sits down to finish his meal.

Osnagard
2007-05-21, 11:19 PM
Osnagard walks into the Tavern and sits down at the table with Nicholas
"Greetings, This one is new to the Town and has been going around introducing It's self to all It meets." He looks to the Servers and orders a drink.

Rebonack
2007-05-21, 11:24 PM
Nick examines the newcomer for a few moments, attempting to figure out why he's referring to himself as 'this one', obviously not getting the cultural basis to it.

He licks his lips, sort of an odd tick of his that would make more sense if you've ever seen him fight something exceptionally nasty, and then waves to 'This One'.

"Well, I'm Nicholas Kawsh," he responds with a wave. "Adventurer, marksmen, quester, and general doer of heroic deeds."

Osnagard
2007-05-21, 11:29 PM
"Ah, my appologies, this one forgets It's manners. This one is called Osnagard by those who know It. Would you wish to learn my story?"

:Link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17658&page=16

Osnagard studies Nicholas, wondering if he could be trouble, one can never be too careful around these heroic types. They're know to dislike those of his.. "profession".

He takes a Sip, "...and that is how It comes to be here"

Rebonack
2007-05-21, 11:46 PM
"I suppose that explains the skull on your shoulder there," Nick responds after listening to the story. He had met quite a few wizardly types during his travels, only one of those who styled himself as a necromancer was ever on the party's side, and he focused more on the 'sapping people of strength' side of things rather than the 'making zombies' side of things.

"Now, the last necromancer I talked to always said that creating undead wasn't worth the investment in onyx rocks. Apparently it requires quite a few. I take it from your choice in apparel that you disagree?"

He isn't quite sure what to make of this. He had heard before that undead are motivated by evil spirits from the negative energy planes. Others say from their own souls pulled in from the out planes. Nick honestly has no idea. Magic isn't really his thing. Though either way, it isn't right to disturb the dead.

Osnagard
2007-05-21, 11:54 PM
"Oh yes, This one disagrees very much. Would you allow a demonstration?""
Osnagard pulls out the smallest of the seven bells and begins ringing it in a very hypnotic manner. Suddenly a vampire walks in through the door, stands in an empty space between tables and begins dancing very comically.
"There are more practically uses of couse, but these bells reduce the amount of onxy needed significantly. To zero in fact. This one thought the vampire especially choice as It saw it being taken out when This one came in."
Osnagard continues ringing the bell untill he seems to get bored, then the vampire dances it's way back out and climbs back onto the pile of dead monesters where it returns to death.
"Free will can be given if you fuse in a soul, but a demonstration is not worth that."
Osnagard finnidhes the drink and leans back in his chair, looking smug.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 12:05 AM
"Well... that's certainly creepy. But then, I think animated mops are creepy what with the buckets of water and all," Nick comments. "So, I can't help but ask, but why?"

The marksmen leans back in his chair.

"From a practical standpoint making undead doesn't seem that practical. Normal living people are more useful as workers since and summoned monsters are more effective in combat. Why bother defiling someone's corpse for something that could be done easier in other ways?"

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 12:17 AM
"In a word, quantity. So long as there are ample bodies around. Besides living people are unpredictable, hard to trust, when the dead are under your control they do not speak back. Haha, and try to hire men with no coin. Besides, This one has an issue with paying workers, reminds It took much of past wrongs. Also, This one is glad you brought up the issue of bodies. Bodies are never the problem, the whole thing revolves around souls. You can create a servent with only a soul, and you can shatter a single soul to create an army. Even if there were no bodies around all It would need is for somone to craft This one a body out of say, sand, and were This one to put a soul into it you would have a creature more powerful than your average golem. This is the easier way."
Osnagard scratches his chin,
"Difile, desicration, these words are harsh don't you think? What good does the body do after life has ended, best to make use of it in some manner or another. And burningthe dead? Burrying them away in the earth so that they may rot?, a waste if you were to ask This one."

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 12:37 AM
"Pulling someone, even someone's corpse, from their rest just isn't right though. You don't disturb the dead. Besides, you just said that you don't even need a real corpse to do make a servant, so why not just do that instead of up-rooting a grave?"

"There a plenty of reasons not to. Maybe their family comes there to speak with the departed. Maybe they just have respect for them. Graves are often a shrine of a sort, and desecrating a shrine is something that shouldn't ever be taken lightly."

"And be honest here, judging from the magical gear that you have you must be a pretty accomplished adventurer sort. I know from personal experience that you can make an absolute fortune off a single dungeon crawl, enough to hire an army of skilled laborers that can adapt to tasks far better than a mindless construct can, whether they're made of bone or brick."

Nick licks his lips again, glancing around the tavern and wondering how long Xeni is going to be frozen.

"What would you need an army of mindless slaves for, anyway?"

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 12:52 AM
"A physical body gives more strenght of course. And as This one also mentioned, the other types of physical form must be created for This one. It has no power over the elements."
Osnagard noticably dodges the question of morals in the uprooting of graves and disturbing of shrines.
Sitting back upright, Osnagard turns to face Nicholas
"You bring up the concept of them being mindless, understandavle that you should think them to be, but when given a soul there are hardly so. An intelegent conversation is possible, so long as that soul was capable of such a conversation in life, mind you."
Os begins to chuckle to himself
"Seige warefare mostly, invasion and the like."
Os stands up and looks to the door.
"Afraid I must be off, getting late after all, very plesant talking to you, perhaps This one could hear more of yourself some other time."
With that Osnagard walks out the door looking for a place to sleep.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 01:00 AM
The concept of enslaving someone's soul to make a zombie less stupid seems like a decidedly despicable sort of thing to the marksmen, though he doesn't share this sentiment as since the necromancer is already leaving. Instead he just licks his lips in a nervous sort of way.

Nicholas polishes off his meal, pays the NPC waiter who's most handy, and heads upstairs to sleep.

He's going to try and avoid this nasty 'dead time' stuff as best he can.

metakirb
2007-05-22, 04:59 AM
The stone Shimmers as metakirb looks into it, He puts it away suddenly

sentra...

He runs out

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 10:12 AM
Claudius walks in, still disguised as Affadavit. His two creations follow him and stand either side of him as he takes a seat. "This is ridiculous, I can't spend the next few days in this disguise, someone will eventually recognise me...Oh, what to do?"

The grey creation glances round the tavern. "Well for a start, sir, you could talk about this stuff quietly. we don't know who KNAVES employs any more."

"That is true. But I hardly think we're in danger here. Besides, I can always learn of any new members through the Jury. I still have some level of control over them."

The grey creation glares menacingly at a nearby NPC. "Sir please, for- Oh JUST SHUT UP!"

"Fine...I told you not to make a scene you know." Claudius says as he orders a DLB. "I think I'm adicted to this drink."

The grey creation groans and sits down. It considers knocking Claudius out but eventually decides against it. "Sir, please...Affadavit will figure this out, you need to keep a low profile. Is there anywhere KNAVES can't go?"

"Not that I know of."

"That makes my job a lot more difficult..."

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-22, 11:01 AM
Claudius may be surprised by the flash of purple light before him and the fact Sunn is now waving at him. Hello, Claudius!

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 11:05 AM
Claudius is a little surprised, in fact he is very surprised, so surprised that he falls out of his chair. "GAAAH! Sunn keep it down, I don't want to lose this disguise yet!"

The grey creation nods approvingly. "This disguise might be very useful in the near future."

The rogue creation, however, is far more surprised and its cowardly side resurfaces as it dives under a table.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-22, 11:07 AM
Extending a hand to help Claudius up, she grins at him. Sorry, Random. How are you?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 11:13 AM
"I'm alright...I guess. Bit annoyed at being stuck in dead time for so long though. But I don't like what the future holds in store for me."

The grey creation continues. "Right now my master hsa the ability to spy on KNAVES at will, until Affadavit removes the Jury. But even then he can shapeshift and walk in undetected, unless someone thinks of a solution to that. But with that kind of ability he poses a serious threat to KNAVES, one Affadavit won't ignore."

"Basically I'm going to be at the top of the KNAVES hit list, which isn't exactly a good thing. And I can't use my laboratory at the moment."

Exachix
2007-05-22, 02:28 PM
The She-Wolf Yawns as she wakes up.

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 02:40 PM
Joseph comes out of dead time, sitting at a table. He appears his to be asleep, his trenchcoat pulled tightly about him and wide-brimmed hat lying over his face.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 02:51 PM
The She-Wolf wraps her tail around her and goes back to sleep.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 02:57 PM
Claudius snaps out of dead time and sips his drink, now feeling completely depressed again. He sighs and mumbles to himself"I need to get drunk...But I can't. I really need to get drunk."

The grey creation watches him silently, its master always seems so depressed, but what could it do? "Sir, you don't need to be drunk. I'm sure you'll think of a way to get back into your lab."

The rogue creation darts out from the table it was hiding under. "Maybe going fishing would cheer you up?"

"Not right now."

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 03:13 PM
Udwin hovers through the mirror. The tavern is new and unexplored territory for him. He glows brightly, taking it all in, and then hovers around, looking people up and down.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 03:16 PM
Claudius watches Udwin curiously. "Well, would you look at that..."

The grey creation glances across then leans over and whispers in its masters ear. "What is it?"

"Well how should I know?"

"I just assumed you-"

"Considering I have never seen anything like it how can I know what it is?"

"Uh, well..." The grey creation sighs and gives up.

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 03:18 PM
Udwin would scowl at them if he had a face.
"It refers to an object... I am a he. Gods, more people who regard me as having a lack of sentience!" he complains, glowing brighter.

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 03:23 PM
*A hooded man walks up to Josephs table and tosses the obituary on the table one of the names is John McHenry*

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 03:25 PM
Claudius smiles at Udwin. "I apologise, but I generally refer to things as it if I am unfamiliar with how they work. Sorry. However being called 'it' does not indicate a lack of sentience, my creations are both 'its' but they are both sentient beings.""

The grey creation glares at Udwin. "There is no need to be so rude..."

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 03:26 PM
Joseph awakens, and immediately sits up straight. He looks around alertly as he adjusts his hat and straigtens his trenchcoat.

He picks up the obituaries, with a raised eyebrow at the hooded man. After a few seconds of reading through it, he spots John's entry with a long sigh. "Gods dammit..." He throws the paper across the room. There goes another one...

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 03:29 PM
Udwin draws back a little way.
"Well then I apologise... I'm sorry, I was only looking around here in search of some help..."

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 03:32 PM
*The man sits down. He takes the hood of revealing him self to be John*

Dont you hate how much the papers get wrong. well I guess I'm officially "dead".

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-22, 03:33 PM
Sunn de-deadtimes, grumbling that her played only got 3 hours sleep. As such, she pokes Claudius.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 03:34 PM
"Help? Well don't look at me, I'm in need of help as well."

The rogue creation, however, looks up and says "Help? What kind of help do you need? Maybe we can be of assistance?"

"I doubt it."

"At least let him say what the problem is."

"Fine, but I'm telling you, we won't be able to help him."

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 03:36 PM
"Well, it's not help for me. A kobold at the temple of Inari wants someone dead. I'm looking for anyone powerful enough to do the job." Udwin says.

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 03:36 PM
"So why'd they report you dead?" Joseph looks somewhat distrusting, and under the table his hand idly drifts towards his revolvers.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 03:37 PM
So at this point Nicholas heads down from the second floor of Trog's. Quite a bit earlier than last time.

For whatever reason he's carrying a bag of oats.

"Afternoon Joseph. I see you finally managed to break free of that nasty 'dead time' stuff."

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 03:40 PM
Some idiot must have seen me attack by vampires when I was walking home last night. Just because three vampires attacked me doesn't mean I'm dead. But never the less he must have reported me dead.

Therarde
2007-05-22, 03:41 PM
Therarde comes out of dead time, still covered in vines. He takes a nod at Nick and sits down.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-22, 03:44 PM
Sunn pokes Claudius again, even harder this time. You there?

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 03:46 PM
"Hmm, I see." Joseph seems to accept this explanation, though he remains suspicous.

The hunter turns to Nicholas and nods. "Afternoon. Indeed I did. That dead time's some irritating stuff."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 03:49 PM
Claudius looks round. "What? Yes I'm here, just getting distracted by Jury members at KNAVES. I know almost everything they're up to all the time now...I wonder how long it'll be before Affadavit realises." He then realises he is still disguised as Affadavit. "I'm sick of this disguise."

The grey creation taps him on the shoulder. "Sir, you may be sick of it but it's the best disguise to use right now."

Claudius sighs and shakes his head. "You're right of course, this sneaking and hiding stuff was never of any interest to me." He finishes his drink and quickly orders another, gulping it down very quickly.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 03:49 PM
"So I've seen. Glad I've managed to avoid it so far," Nick replies before returning the wave to Therarde. And notices the vines. "Geeze. You still haven't gotten rid of those things yet? Here, tell you what."

He pulls a vial of holy water out of a pocket in his cloak and offers it to the ranger.

"Try this stuff. Ten to one it'll get rid of it."

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 03:51 PM
Udwin seems to be ignored... like he so often is. With a grumble, he hovers off to inspect the rest of the patrons.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-22, 03:52 PM
Sunn smiles at Claudius. Just so you know, Tabitha is at Inari's! She hopes he heard her whisper.

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 03:53 PM
*A man from another table stands up and points a gun at Joseph*

"Surrender or I cap gramps in head"

Oh, you are going to regret that.

"what are you talking about? You cant kill me. you ain't go your gun with them Fancy silver bullets. we broke that"

Its not me you should be worried about.

Therarde
2007-05-22, 03:55 PM
Therarde takes the bottle. Thanks. He sprinkles a little on his hand. Instantly the vines on that area whither and fall off. Therarde wastes no time in getting some water on the rest of him. By the time he's done, there's a large pile of vines on the floor. Therarde hands the holy water back to Nick. Thanks. I feel much better now. Cosmo grumbles something about PCs having no manners and begins sweeping up the vines.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 03:57 PM
Claudius nods, he heard Sunn. "But I can hardly go there in this form, and shapeshifting multiple times really tires me out. It depends, would KNAVES ever attack Inari's, or try to capture someone in the temple?"

The two creations go silent, maybe there is a solution to their master's problem.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 03:57 PM
"Not a... problem..." he trails off as some guy with a gun leaps to his feet.

Nicholas glances between the random vampire hunter from last night and the random guy who apparently wants to kill him.

And apparently Joseph as well.

The marksmen can't help but wonder if random attacks by... things is normal for a hunter's line of work.

At the mention of silver weapons Nick's hand begins to inch toward his saber.

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 03:59 PM
"I'm not on the job right now, can't you go fall on a stake yourself?"Joseph grumbles, then mutters under his breath,"Gramps? Bah..."

He makes no movement, and doesn't even turn to face the vampire.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-22, 04:00 PM
Sunn shrugs. I don't know, Random. You may as well try...I'll go with you. I haven't seen Tabitha in a while, and she was rather certain on wanting you to escape along with her.

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 04:02 PM
Fine I'll do it.

*john jumps out of his chair, over the table and lands in front of the vampire. He grabs the gun from his hand and kicks him into a wall*

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 04:02 PM
Udwin moves around. He scrutinises Nick carefully, glowing brightly.

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 04:04 PM
*The vampire runs at John with a knife but he grabs the vampires hand and hits him in the jaw*

Gnrlshrimp
2007-05-22, 04:05 PM
With a sigh Claudius stands up and finishes his second drink. "I am definitely addicted to this stuff, it's a good job I'm not affected by it. Well then, to the templt of Inari. Let's hope someone can explain what's been happening to me before I get smited, I doubt I'll be welcomed there."

The two creations take up positions beside him and look at Sunn, waiting...

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 04:05 PM
Joseph calmly loads his revolvers with silver bullets. Locking the chambers back in place, he turns to face the vampire. Raising the guns to aim at the monster, he fires off two rounds from each gun.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-22, 04:07 PM
And in a flash of purple light, Sunn, Claudius and his Jury members are teleported to Inari's.

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 04:07 PM
*The bullets hit the vampire and it falls to the floor.*

Thanks

*John shoves a wooden dagger into its heart and cuts its head of with its own knife*

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 04:08 PM
"This place seems to have pretty grievous undead infestation," Nick mutters as he watches the fight wrap up.

He quirks an eyebrow at the glowing, hovering ball.

"Eerr... hi there."

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 04:10 PM
"Greetings." Udwin replies.
The lack of tone in his voice and the shortness of the statement might make it sound like a generic response.

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 04:10 PM
Joseph stands and walks over to the body. "Forty-five isn't that old," he remarks forcefully, at the corpse.

He regains his seat and turns to Nick. "A hunter's work is never done, I guess..."

Therarde
2007-05-22, 04:11 PM
Therarde notices Udwin, but says nothing. He instead orders a DLB.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 04:18 PM
"I guess not..." Nick mutters as he glances at the dead corpse. As opposed to an undead corpse.

"So... Nice to meet you... floating ball. You'll have to excuse me, I have to go feed my mule," he points at the bag of oats he's holding just in case no one figured out that's what it's for.

He then heads out the door.

Baeleck
2007-05-22, 04:21 PM
Udwin grumbles again. He thinks he might try tomorrow. His glow fades and he falls to sleep on the bar, tucked away behind some bottles.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 05:14 PM
Osnagard enters the Tavern and sits down at the bar, waiting for someone to notice his presence.

Therarde
2007-05-22, 05:20 PM
Therarde notices that everyone is either gone, asleep, or dead timed before noticing Osnagard. He acknowledges him and sips his drink.

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 05:23 PM
Joseph is remarkably not deadtimed.

He glances over Osnagard. His eyes narrow with distrust, but he quickly regains his composure. Despite this, his hands idly start moving towards his weapons.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 05:23 PM
Osnagard walks over to the stranger and intruduces himself. "Greetings, This one is called Osnagard. Can't help but noticing this place has a small problem with vampires. Perhaps It could help with that."

Therarde
2007-05-22, 05:25 PM
Therarde raises an eyebrow at Osnagard, and the whole "Referring to himself in the third person" thing. Indeed...

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 05:26 PM
((I've learned never to talk about feeding mules in the tavern, otherwise everyone will stop posting until someone new walks in.))

An army of gallant dust bunnies under the table are currently locked in combat with the evil dust mite hoards.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 05:29 PM
"Well as a necromancer, This one can easily keep them from bothering everyone..."
Osnagard takes out his smallest bell and looks down at the beheaded vampire corpse with disgust.
"A waste beheading him like that"
With a ring of the bell the vampires body stands up, collects it's head and walk out the door and around to the back of the tavern where it returns to death.

Therarde
2007-05-22, 05:34 PM
Therarde begins watching Osnagard with mild suspicion. Nothing personal, just a general distrust. He sips his drink while the vampire walks out the door.

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 05:36 PM
At the word 'necromancer', Joseph becomes a bit more edgy-looking as his suspicion is confirmed.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 05:39 PM
Osnagard waves to the other man in the bar, the one with a bit of an odd look on his face. After ordering a drink he turns back to the others and asks
"What may this one call you? It is new to Town and is trying to introduce Itself to all those it meets."

Therarde
2007-05-22, 05:42 PM
Therarde is a bit edgy, but decides to go along. Therarde. Born to two people I barely know, and killed at least once.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 05:52 PM
With that Osnagard's full attention is gained
"Killed you say, you certainly don't look to be dead at the momnet"
He takes a sip and lean back in his chair, not understanding what's makeing these others so uneasy.

Nevrmore
2007-05-22, 05:53 PM
Hawk walks into the tavern. With a sigh, he takes a seat at an empty table.

Therarde
2007-05-22, 05:55 PM
Resurrection. Quite useful at times.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 05:58 PM
(He didn't adjust his hat T_T))

The opposing dust related armies continue their epic battle under the table.

Nevrmore
2007-05-22, 05:59 PM
Hawk doesn't feel like adjusting his peak cap at the moment.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 06:04 PM
"Ahh", says Osnagard disapointedly.
He waves to the newcomer, "Greetings", then finnishes his drink. Looking to Joseph he asks, "What might your story be?"

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 06:08 PM
*John comes out of deadtime*

I dont need any help with vampires. I'm good the way I am mister. Bet you never even killed one.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 06:12 PM
At that Osnagard breaks out into free laughter
"Killed one? Why would This one EVER do such a thing. No, It's never killed one, controled one? certainly."
The necromancer faces John, "you seem to think This one don't know what It's talking about, should It demonstrate?"

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 06:15 PM
I'm prepared for the boredom. Go ahead.

Therarde
2007-05-22, 06:19 PM
Therarde falls victim to dead time.

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 06:21 PM
"of course It shant be doing anything too draining, This one hasn't that many spare souls on It at the moment, but never the less..."
Osnagard again takes the smallest of the bells and rings it, the Vampire corpse walks back in holding it's removed head in it's arms. Osnagard then rings the second smallest bell and the skin and flesh melts off of the vampire leaving only the skeleton standing there. The skeleton places the skull back on it's neck and it stays in place. Osnagard then takes a blue crystal out of his pocket. The crystal has black whispy smoke inside and then rings the middle sized bell. A portion of the smoke comes out of the top of the crystal and dissapears inside the Skeleton's head. It stands there patiently awaiting orders.

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 06:27 PM
Wow. That was long and completely infective. You get the worst attempt at competence award. Congratulations!

Osnagard
2007-05-22, 06:32 PM
"This one's many thanks, but now It must be off."
Osnagard stands and nods to everyone with whom he'd spoken, pays the server, and leaves. The skeleton silently follows him out.

Nightwing
2007-05-22, 06:43 PM
*A man walks in in a cowboy uniform. He has two revolvers at his side*

Howdy partner.

*He then leaves*

Therarde
2007-05-22, 07:49 PM
Therarde comes out of dead time, checking to see if Joseph is still deadtimed.

Seeing that he is, he pays for his drink and heads out the door.

Warpfire
2007-05-22, 08:18 PM
Joseph awakens from dead time, all too late.

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 09:32 PM
Zeb wakes up and looks around.
Ah... more much-needed sleep.
He orders coffee and some bamhacon. He hungrily eats and drinks after he pays.

puss in boots
2007-05-22, 11:16 PM
Kerra appears in a puff of black smoke by the bar and looks around. Almost noones here. she sits by the bar.

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:18 PM
Zeb finishes his food and looks around. He sees Kerra and squints, making sure his eyes aren't deceiving him.
Kerra?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 11:20 PM
Xeni is mulling over an ale, but he was in the backround and not really noticed. He consequently fades into the foreground.

puss in boots
2007-05-22, 11:22 PM
Kerra jumps with surprise. Zeb? haven't seen you for ages! Last I heard you had... er... died.

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:24 PM
Zeb smiles awkwardly.
That's true. I did die. But I was resurected by a friend of-
He looks around for Shadow.
Sia's.
He smiles again.
How have you been?

puss in boots
2007-05-22, 11:27 PM
Okay. You? Shadow jumps out of Kerra's pocket and grows a little bigger. Sia. Hey, I knew you were alive and was meaning to ask... is Rye yours still?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 11:30 PM
It finally occurs to Xeni that two of the three voices speaking are known to him. One of them quite well. He looks up and in the direction of Kerra and Co. He smiles and watches them for a moment.

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:31 PM
Zeb nods to Kerra.
Fine.
He turns to Shadow.
Oh. Hello. And no, Rye isn't mine anymore. I saw him with a kid, so I'm assuming the kid's his master now. They seemed happy and I don't want him to see me like this.
He holds out an arm. The skin has a greenish tint to it as he had already started to decompose before being resurrected.
I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

puss in boots
2007-05-22, 11:35 PM
Kerra looks at the tint for a moment. Nasty. It doesn't hurt? Shadow nods then notices Xeni and watches him. Kerra doesn't seem to notice him.

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:36 PM
Zeb shakes his head.
I took a healing potion for the pain, so that's gone. But it didn't do anything about that.
He pulls his arm back.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 11:38 PM
Xeni offers Shadow a friendly wave and takes a sip of his drink.

puss in boots
2007-05-22, 11:38 PM
So you are ashamed of a faint greenish tint? May I ask a question? WHY? Shadow pouces at the hand Xeni waved with. She does not put out her claws.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 11:40 PM
Xeni grins and pulls around his other hand to give Shadow an ear scratching.
Hey Shadow. How's life going for you?

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:42 PM
Zeb shrugs.
To me it shows a sign of weakness. And I'm not weak.

puss in boots
2007-05-22, 11:43 PM
Shadow does not seem to like having her ear scratched and growls slightly. Good I suppose. Accidentaly killed one of Kerra's cats but none of her favorites like me.

A faint greenish tint? A sign of weakness? She eyes it but stops talking on the subject.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 11:46 PM
Xeni pauses for two reasons: stop trying to scratch Shadow's ears and because of the news of a death.
Why did you kill the other cat?

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:46 PM
It reminds me that I died. Foolishly because I couldn't get over the past. Weakness.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-22, 11:49 PM
Lelin appears in the tavern, in a considerably better mood then when she was last here. Smirking, she sits at the bar, fingers tracing the amulet identical to Sia's on her now resting on her collarbone.

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:51 PM
Zeb notes Lelin's appearance out of the corner of his eye. He doesn't speak to her yet as he's talking to Kerra.

puss in boots
2007-05-22, 11:54 PM
Kerra decides she wants to drop the subject.

Shadow shrugged. He told me that I was weak. Just because I was a girl. He saw the not so weak part of me. That is if any of me isn't weak.

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 11:57 PM
Zeb drops it as well.
Excuse me for a moment, Kerra.
He goes over to Lelin now and immediately notices the amulet.
I can't believe she let you have that. What'd you threaten her with this time?

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-22, 11:58 PM
I know you're not weak Shadow.
He then pauses, not really sure how to continue this line of talking.

Rebonack
2007-05-22, 11:59 PM
Nicolas steps into Trog's and takes a seat at a convinent chair.

He doesn't order anything this time around, mainly because he just ate at the festival.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-23, 12:01 AM
Lelin smirks up at him.
People always so quick to assume I use force or blackmail to get what I want. Waiting works just as well.

deepsear
2007-05-23, 12:02 AM
Tho door opens with a trmendous bang, and a black-robed, heavily armored entity stands there. The head is empty, and a fiery golden scimitar hangs at it;s side.

"Oh, dear! I am awfully sorry! This armor is taking some time getting used to. How is everybody?"

He carefully closes the door and clanks hollowly up to the bar. He orders a DLB and a mop.

Uberblah
2007-05-23, 12:05 AM
Lelin smirks up at him.
People always so quick to assume I use force or blackmail to get what I want. Waiting works just as well.

Zeb doesn't smile.
So you're saying she up and gave to you? If so, why?

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 12:05 AM
Destro's player digs up continuity, kills it again, and reburies it. This is mostly so Destro could be in two places at once, if no one has any problems with that. Although I could explain it IC too.. let's say it's a negative copy. Not exactly Destro, but like enough that the difference doesn't matter. Yeah, that'll work :smallbiggrin:

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 12:09 AM
Here's a better explanation.

Limos, knowing that some people would be annoyed without one last chance to stop him, creates an exact duplicate of everyone who wants to fight him and drags them to...

The End of the World. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44959)

Nick suddenly sits a bit more upright and glances around.

"Just got the distinct feeling I suddenly started being in two places at once..."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 12:11 AM
Destro appears in the tavern for much the same reason. Huh. Well that was odd... He shrugs and grabs a fireamber from the bar. And puts it on his tab, which he hasn't payed off for a while. Cosmo glares at him and cleans a few glasses.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-23, 12:12 AM
Lelin snorts. Yeah, like she'd give it to me. She orders a coffee, still smirking a bit.
I see you haven't gotten rid of that tinge yet.

Uberblah
2007-05-23, 12:15 AM
Zeb's eyes widen as he assumes the worse.
Is she... dead?
He doesn't hear the second part.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 12:17 AM
It doesn't take too long for the marksmen to note that there's now some wizardly looking fellow with an eye patch sitting at the bar when previously there wasn't.

He licks his lips. Maybe it's because they're dry. Or maybe it's an odd tick of his. Who knows.

"Weren't you here the other night talking about rabbits?" he inquires of the trout loving lich. Assuming that Destro doesn't stink of decay, which I'm pretty certain he doesn't, Nicholas doesn't comment on any need for reducing the frequency at which he roll in rotten animals.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-23, 12:19 AM
Xeni takes a moment to curse dead time and places the afflicted Shadow onto the table. He sighs and looks around the tavern again, noting people he recognizes.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-23, 12:20 AM
I have no idea. Lelin says bluntly. Probably. She doesn't have the beads that allow me to scry things with her, and I haven't seen her for almost three weeks. So... yeah, I'd say safe bet she's dead. Or ran off. That wouldn't suprise me either.
She shrugs. No big loss.

Uberblah
2007-05-23, 12:21 AM
Zeb looks taken aback but regains himself.
So then how did you get that?

((where is she then?))

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 12:24 AM
Yes. I was, now that you mention it. Destro sips his drink. Trout are my favourites, really, but I know a fair bit about rabbits as well. Destro doesn't stink of Decay for three reasons. One: Prestidigitation. Two: That preservative magic item thing. Three: not much skin or flesh left on him.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 12:29 AM
"I thought so. Came up in the conversation about good old Tim," Nicholas responds as he leans back in his chair a bit.

"Trout, huh? I don't think I've ever met a wizard, and I'm assuming here you're a wizard, who has much interest in fish. Tim was more interested in blowing stuff up with fire balls. But then, he was a sorcerer."

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-23, 12:33 AM
((She got captured at KNAVES. And is currently being held by Crucius.))

I reported her missing in action. Then I recieved this. All captains do.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 12:34 AM
That would make sense, what with the limited selection and all. I've got the time and money to research trout related everything, so I do. destro waves a hand, narrowly missing his drink. Observe. A trout appears approximately one foot in front of Nicholas' face. Hi. It says.

Uberblah
2007-05-23, 12:35 AM
Zeb looks at her skeptically but believes her.
I guess I've got a favor to repay.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-23, 12:37 AM
Xeni listens to the various conversations, but seems most interested in the one about Sia.
Oh goody, search party.

deepsear
2007-05-23, 12:38 AM
Somehow, Deepsear wasn't surprised that a simple banging door would startle anyone here. He downs his DLB, and mops it off of the floor as it trickles through his armor.

"Hehe, it's just like christening a ship! I think I will call my armor... hmm... I can't think of a name... Levi, do you have any suggestions?"

But the kitten is busy frolicking under the feet of the customers.

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-23, 12:45 AM
Lelin rolls her eyes. Have fun. Seriously, what is it with this code of honour people seem to have here?

Uberblah
2007-05-23, 12:46 AM
Zeb rolls his eyes back at her and gets up. He leaves the tavern.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-23, 12:50 AM
Xeni reaches for his scrying bowl, intending to solve the mystery of where Sia went. It wasn't there. He frowns and checks another pocket. Still nothing. For the second time in three days, Xeni is truly angry. It shows, too, his face seems quite good at conveying fury.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 12:54 AM
Nick glances between the talking fish and the talking suit of armor.

"Eerr... Hi there."

It looks like his limits on weirdness are approaching critical. Poor guy, he's going to have to get some more mental fortitude to last in the Town.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 12:56 AM
Destro glances over at the armour. Call it "Implacable". The fish blows a few bubbles at Nick and swims over to the bar, where it hovers around Destro's head. Nice day, isn't it?

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-23, 12:58 AM
Lelin sighs, people in general still being an enigma.

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-23, 12:59 AM
Xeni very slowly stands and loses control of his form, which becomes that of a doppleganger.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 01:01 AM
"I... eerr... suppose it is. There was a nice party over at Inari's temple. And hopefully the world won't end."

Nick licks his lips enviously.

"So... are you an awakened fish or something?"

Then he notices Xeni change form.

"Geeze. Who isn't a shape-changer here?"

Uberblah
2007-05-23, 01:02 AM
Xeni very slowly stands and loses control of his form, which becomes that of a doppleganger.

((greater doppleganger. :smalltongue: only because you correct people on it))

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-23, 01:04 AM
((greater dopplegangers and normal dopplegangers don't really look different...at all))

Xeni clenches a fist and his eyes trail very slowly across the entirety of the tavern.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 01:05 AM
Yes. The world ending would be counter-productive. The fish swims in a lazy circle while it talks. You could call me awakened, I suppose. Blame the Wizard Who Did It. It smiles in a very fish-like way. Destro thinks for a second. I can only change into one shape...

Uberblah
2007-05-23, 01:08 AM
((i realize this. i'm just being a jackass because i can and because tiredness is barely starting to set in))

Obsidian Blade
2007-05-23, 01:10 AM
Lelin watches Xeni, having rarely seen greater dopplegangers before.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 01:11 AM
"Of course, The Wizard Who Did It," he responds. He has no idea what the fish is talking about of course, but he figures he may as well play along.

The marksmen then turns to Destro.

"Well, I can only change into one shape as well. Normally I wouldn't admit that in such a public place due to past experience with peasant lynch mobs," Nick says after licking his lips in a nervous sort of way. "But apparently that doesn't happen here for whatever odd reason."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-23, 01:14 AM
Xeni's eyes stop trailing after failing to find what they were looking for. Xeni slowly walks towards the door, seething.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 01:23 AM
Stupidly powerful people who never die for long. Destro says, as if this makes sense. The reason there aren't any lynch mobs, that is. It might make more sense now. That and inordinate amounts of sillyness, adds the trout. What'd you do to get lynched, anyways?

deepsear
2007-05-23, 01:26 AM
"Oooh! Oooh! I can't change form!"

Deepsear stops and thinks.

"Well, I must have done it once, but that was someone else's problem, not mine."

He reaches over to shake Nick's hand with a heavily plated fist.

"Deepsear's my name. How are you? Can I buy you a drink?"

Levi begins to nose at this new person of interest.

But, to Sear's dismay, Dead Time taps him on the back and says,

"You're buying for me and the guys tonight."

Sear sighs and vanishes, his kitten still frolicking around the bar.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 01:33 AM
Nick nods at the silliness part. There certainly seems to be plenty of that around here. The concept of lynch mobs failing to form due to over-powered people makes sense to a degree as well. But only if said people are willing to slaughter said mobs.

Otherwise they get themselves chased off and/or lynched.

"I got clipped pretty bad in a fight with some trolls on the outskirts of a smallish city and went through the whole 'involuntary transformation' thing. The people in said town weren't too happy to find out about that specific aspect of me. As soon as the fight was over and I managed to change back the peasant mob was already assembled and armed to the rotting teeth with torches and pitchforks."

Then his hand gets snatched up by the suit of armor.

"Eerr... fine I suppose. And no thanks, I had my share of sake over at Inari's temple already."

Chaotic Bob
2007-05-23, 01:35 AM
Xeni twitches and exits the tavern, slowly and deliberately.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 01:42 AM
That looks distinctly like a plot. The trout is watching Xeni right now. Ah. The works then, huh? I suppose I wouldn't be welcome in that city. Not that they could lynch me... So what is it that you involuntarily transform into?

Exachix
2007-05-23, 01:56 AM
The She-Wolf wakes up again.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 01:59 AM
After a reasonable staring at the spot the suit of armor used to be standing Nick turns his attention back to Destro. He does that lip licking tick before he responds.

"Eerr... I guess I'm an ophisanthrope. So a big snakish sort of thing. Not like the sort of critter that would bite you in the ankle if you walk around in the brush, but about, I dunno, twenty feet long with metal looking scales and wings and stuff. I'm told that it looks pretty regal. Or something."

"I stacked the paragon and half-celestial template onto his animal hit-dice since the level adjustment on that side doesn’t count," Rebonack explains. "By RAW the half-celestial isn’t legal, but it makes him significantly more spiffy than he would be otherwise, so shock the RAW. On the one hand he's a level fourteen ranger. On the other he's a large monster with a CR around thirty something. Lets me play a mid-power or high power character as need be."

Nick glances at the pixilated knight, having no idea what he's talking about.

"I managed to convince some people once that I was a couatl, which was about the best result I've ever gotten from transforming in front of someone."

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 02:10 AM
That's kind of neat. Destro is thinking to himself that it also explains lip-licking tick. Snakes smell with their tongues, so it makes sense. Definately more interesting than my alternate form, which I can't exactly hold for long.

He nods to Rebonack the pixelated. I can understand the shocking of the RAW. My player has done that several times since I've been here. It was fun. Interesting idea too.

I don't think I could manage anything like that. My alternate form is less noble looking, definitely. Probably be considered evil by some of the more backwards clerics.

AmberVael
2007-05-23, 02:11 AM
The Dancing Man steps sideways out of his cane, which was certainly there are moment before.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 02:14 AM
The She-Wolf looks at the Dancing man.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 02:20 AM
"That so? I know wizards can turn things into other things with... ummm... morph something or other. Starts with a 'P' I think. I take it then that the form changing you do is a little less spell-like than that?"

While Nick is considering what sort of 'evil looking' stuff the random wizard who apparently likes fish would turn into he can't help but notice some strange fellow who apparently just stepped out from behind a cane of all things.

As he is often want to do when he isn't feeling comfortable Nicholas licks his lips again. All 'anthropes should have some sort of feature that connects them to their animal side after all.

"I'm Nicholas Kawsh. And who might you be mister fish wizard?"

AmberVael
2007-05-23, 02:25 AM
The Dancing Man turns the rafters into giant, rubberband-like java coding.
But with more coffee.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 02:26 AM
The She-Wolf groans and curls up by the fire.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 02:28 AM
Polymorph. My form change is quite a lot less spell like. It comes from a connection with magic, or rather one of the nine schools. Destro takes a sip of fireamber and waves to the dancing man before answering Nicholas' second question. I am Destro, Incarnation of Necromancy. He holds out his hand to be shaken.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 02:38 AM
"Nice to meet you," there goes the tick again. Pretty clear he' uncomfortable. At this point Nick is hoping that this fellow is more like the necromancer that had joined his party a year or so back. Nice guy, quick witted.

Thought that animating dead was a waste of onyx and spell slots. Better to blast something with nasty enervation and then circle of death it rather than using useless skeletons that'll get ripped through in a matter of seconds.

And then all thoughts on this subject flee his mind as he sees the rafters.

"I... just realized that I have to be somewhere else," Nick beats a hasty retreat up the stairs as his player heads off to sleep.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 02:40 AM
The She-Wolf looks at Destro.

AmberVael
2007-05-23, 02:42 AM
The rafters start making a dial tone as the Dancing Man begins putting his top hat over people's drinks and turning them into pidgeons.
Liquid pidgeons. With the fiendish template.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 02:43 AM
Skeletons? Fight? Bah, that is for mid levels. Golems are for fighting! Destro just gets the few skeletons he makes to do random mindless tasks like clean things up. Or he rigs them with explosives and uses them as kamikazes. That fight was fun...

Likewise. Destro watches the rafters with amusement. I'll see you later. Then he notices the she-Wolf looking at him, and looks back. Staring contest!

Exachix
2007-05-23, 02:51 AM
The She-Wolf stares at him.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 02:53 AM
Destro stares back. Because he CAN.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 02:56 AM
The She-Wolf blinks and grins.

Destro_Yersul
2007-05-23, 02:58 AM
Destro grins too. His player and he then go into dead time to escape forum maintenence.

AmberVael
2007-05-23, 03:00 AM
The pidgeons drop exploding purple mushrooms on both of them.
Because they CAN'T.
Then the Dancing Man vanishes, leaving a reminder to vote for Vael as most Chaotic.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 03:25 AM
The She-Wolf smiles as her player had, and curls up by the fire.

AmberVael
2007-05-23, 08:27 AM
Earin enters and sits at the bar, getting a drink for himself without even glancing up at Cosmo.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 08:35 AM
The She-Wolf looks over at him.

AmberVael
2007-05-23, 08:37 AM
He doesn't seem to be a very good mood.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 08:39 AM
The She-Wolf notices that, and stay where she is.

Jibar
2007-05-23, 12:18 PM
An orc enters carrying a large metallic object. Placing it carefully upon the bar, he clambers over and starts pouring himself drinks from whatever bottles he can grab hold of.

Baeleck
2007-05-23, 12:20 PM
As he pours drinks, he may find a faintly glowing orb tucked away some of the bottles.

Who
2007-05-23, 12:27 PM
*Walks in followed by K9*
Evening all

Jibar
2007-05-23, 12:32 PM
"Evening wierd person and hey..."
The orc picks out a small orb, sniffs it, then throws it at the nearest bin.
He then happily returns to poisoning his liver extensively.

Who
2007-05-23, 12:35 PM
What is it about me that you consider wierd Mr....?

Baeleck
2007-05-23, 12:36 PM
Udwin hovers back out the bin. He glows brightly and furiously, for not only has he been disturbed from sleep, but some orc has tried to fling him into a bin. He hovers right up to the orc.
"What was that for!?!?" he exclaims.

Jibar
2007-05-23, 12:43 PM
"You're wierd because you're saying hi as you step into a tavern. That's just asking for somebody to kill ya. And you, floaty ball, are not drinkable. If you can't get me knocked up, then you can get knocked down, okay?"
He rummages around underneath the bar and brings out a bottle of vodka.
"Ah, sweet vodka. The work of some merciful god I haven't killed yet."

Who
2007-05-23, 12:44 PM
Why is saying hi going to get me killed?

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 12:45 PM
"Because I'm needlessly violent." Warpfire says, appearing behind Who and attempting to knife him in the back using, suprisingly enough, a knife.

Baeleck
2007-05-23, 12:45 PM
Udwin glows even brighter, but then it fades. He gives a sigh, then hovers over to the other side of the tavern. A drunken orc wasn't going to help him in what he was looking for.

Who
2007-05-23, 12:47 PM
*Falls on the floor*
Ouch!
*Casts cure moderate wounds*
Was their any particular reason for that?

Jibar
2007-05-23, 12:48 PM
"Hey sweet, a knife. Too many people don't appreciate the beauty of it any more. Oh hey, I'm meant to do the whole hero thing now."
He pulls out a throwing knife and flicks it with deadly precision at Warpfire.

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 12:48 PM
"Nope." Warpfire draws two shotguns, fires them at Who, and then disappears. This has the side effect of dodging the thrown weapon.

Who
2007-05-23, 12:49 PM
*Ducks and rolls out of the way*
Who was that loony?!

Jibar
2007-05-23, 12:50 PM
He drowns down another bottle of vodka.
"Eh. Don't worry, I'll snap his neck next time he shows up. Now if you'll excuse me, where is the money is this place, I feel like robbing it."

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 12:50 PM
"That was hardly a nice thing to do, throwing that knife at me." Warpfire wags his finger admonishingly, appearing next to the orc.

Jibar
2007-05-23, 12:54 PM
The orc is completely unfased.
"Hey, I'm an adventurer, we're meant to be heros or some such. Nothing personal."
He pushes Warpfire away from the metallic object in a non-threatening but forceful manner.
"Would you please keep away from that. Gotta treat it nice."

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 01:12 PM
Warpfire shrugs and melts into the floor, disappearing.

Jibar
2007-05-23, 01:16 PM
The orc nods in an honouring manner.
"Neat trick."

Tiben
2007-05-23, 02:30 PM
Hello, anybody here
Calls Tiben into the Tavern

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 02:33 PM
Warpfire appears, standing on a table in the center of the room. "Nope, nobody here. Come back later."

Tiben
2007-05-23, 02:35 PM
And who are you to give ME orders. Replys Tiben angrly

Jibar
2007-05-23, 02:36 PM
The suspiciously drunk orc throws a bottle halfheartedly at Warpfire before collapsing and falling asleep behind the bar. a big "Do Not Touch" sign has been placed on his coverted piece of metal.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 02:38 PM
Listen, buddy you Better self before I show the very "plesant" Orc where you are

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 02:39 PM
"Duuude..." Warpfire says, randomly taking on a sterotypical stoner voice, while also taking a seat."You need to chill out, man." The bottle passes right through him as he briefly turns incorporeal.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 02:42 PM
Sorry says Tiben as he regains his compousure I'm new to Town, Very sleepy, and would really like to find an Inn.

By the why, I'm Tiben.

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 02:43 PM
"You've come to the right place, then. They've got rooms upstairs."Warpfire begins to smoke from a pipe that appears out of nowhere.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 02:46 PM
Thank-you for the "Directions". He says a little Mockingly You seem to be a very Skilled Sorccer, how did that go about happening? Asks Tiben Blantily trying to start a conversation

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 02:53 PM
Warpfire debates whether or not to be offended that he was just called a sorceror, while in actuality he is a wizard. In the end, he decides to be offended.

An angry crown comes to his face. "I'm a wizard not a damned sorceror."He practically spits out the last word."Don't ever call me one of those incompetent, unpracticed upstarts in the world of magic."

Nightwing
2007-05-23, 02:55 PM
*John walks in and orders a drink*

Tiben
2007-05-23, 02:59 PM
AH-HA! I've hit a cord, now then I'm a little sloooow in the world of magic. Would you mind telling me the differance between a sorccer and a wizard? Tiben Responds Trying to judge this Warpfire's personality

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 03:11 PM
"The difference..." Warpfire jumps into the air, and shouts down at Tiben. "EVERYTHING!" At this point, he turns into a dire shark and begins to swim through the air as if it was water.

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 03:12 PM
Mr. Tenny BeMorton Plods wanders into the Tavern aimlessly, looking around at the locals with a pleased smile. His unrealistically long mustache seems to be impeding his walking, and he occasionally trips over it, cursing and lowering himself to the ground to unwrap it from around his ankle. His black and white striped robe obscures his eyes, leaving only his nose, mouth, and impossibly large facial hair to be seen. Glancing out the window at the now resumed fight between aCast and the Dancing Man, he shakes his head and pats the newfound gummy worm in his pocket.
He walks up to the bar and, glancing up and down it, seats himself, smiling at the bartender. "I'll have a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster."
He tips the top of his hood to the air-swimming shark as if it was a hat, flashing a pleasant smile. "Good day, sir!"

Tiben
2007-05-23, 03:14 PM
unimpressed tiben calls over a waiter and sks for a glass and a bowl, once it comes, Tiben Reaches into a bag of holding and pulls out a unlabiled wine bottel filled with a clear golden liquid, which he procides to pour into the galss and bowl. a raven unnoticed until now hopes down to the bowl and starts to drink while Tiben himself drinks from the Galss

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 03:18 PM
"Good day." Warpfire replies, tipping a top hat that is suddenly on his head. How he does this as a shark is hard to tell. He seems to somehow be using his ventral fins to do so.

He floats in the air in front of Mr. Plods.

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 03:24 PM
"Would you mind telling me where we are right now?" Plods asks politely, picking up his extremely alcoholic beverage and taking a swig.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 03:24 PM
Hello says Tiben as he pours himself another drink of the mystery liquid
Sharks and hair are danger not, but with one eye olen lay on your cot squacks the raven
((Tiben goes into dead time))

Castaras
2007-05-23, 03:36 PM
aCastaras retreats into Trogs, two pies in her hands, watching something through the door. After a while, her pies fade away, and she sits at a table, looking around the room.

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 03:39 PM
Warpfire the dire shark glances over aCastaras, then turns back to Mr. Plods. Turning back into human form, he says, "That's enough insanity for today, for me. This is the Town. Yes, that's the name. The Town. Apparently the people who named this place weren't very creative."

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 03:45 PM
"Eh. I've heard worse." He tosses the now emptied glass over his shoulder, paying no attention to the rather loud smash it makes when it collides with the ground. "I've visited an entire City called 'City'. The Country was entitled 'Country' and people in it were named according to numbers. 'Kid 1', 'Plumber 5', 'Father 28'...even famous landmarks and monuments were just called 'Monument 4' and 'Landmark 9'." He shakes his head. "It got monotonous reeaall quick."

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 03:49 PM
"Some kind of facist shadow goverment thing, then? Or just really uncreative people?" Warpfire rests his chin on his hands, curious.

Nightwing
2007-05-23, 03:50 PM
who are you? John asks the new comer.

Castaras
2007-05-23, 03:55 PM
aCastaras stays sitting in her seat, thinking. She guestures to Cosmo for a drink, which he brings over, muttering. She takes it and sips it, thinking.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 03:56 PM
The She-Wolf just watches.

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 03:57 PM
"Probably a mixture of the two." He says. "I think it was mostly because of the people, though. They had absolutely no way to express themselves. They did the same thing every day, all day." He sighs. "Until I did them all a favor and had them sucked into a temporal vortex between the fabrics of reality." He glances at John. "My name's Tenny BeMorton Plods. But it's Mr. Plods to you."

Therarde
2007-05-23, 03:58 PM
Therarde walks in the door and sits at the bar. He notices the man with the improbably large mustache, and orders a drink.

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 04:00 PM
"Hmm...I should try that sometime." Warpfire nods, as a zombie lumbers in and starts gnawing on his leg. Within seconds, it has completely devoured him. Only a small scrap of orange robe is left behind as the zombie lurches out of the tavern.

Joseph enters, tipping his wide-brimmed hat as he looks around.

Nightwing
2007-05-23, 04:01 PM
"And what exactly do you do Mr.plod." says a man standing next to Plod.

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 04:04 PM
Plods takes a few seconds to look away, only looking back when he sees that Warpfire has been promptly devoured and his devourer is lurching away. "Oh...goodbye." He calls after the zombie.
A moment later, he turns to the man with a slight shrug. "Uh, well...I have many hobbies. Cigars, bananas, destroying entire universes and planes of dimension, mountain goats..." He begins to list a lot of other droll things, sitting back in his chair. "Bartender, another drink."

Tiben
2007-05-23, 04:13 PM
((Tiben comes out of dead time))

I think I spaced out too long, because a zombie ate the person I was talking to, and now there's a man talking about goats and cigars, and a pie worrior.

Can Someone please tell me whats wrong with whis town?

Therarde
2007-05-23, 04:14 PM
Therarde turns to Tiben. As near as I can tell, just about everything.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 04:20 PM
Ahh good someone with some Inteligence. Glad there's at least someone I can coherantly talk to.

My names Tiben glad to meet you.
says Tiben to Therarde while offering a hand shake

Therarde
2007-05-23, 04:28 PM
Therarde takes the hand. Therarde.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 04:32 PM
So what do you do? where do you hail from? I like to get to know someone before telling too much about myself
Says Tiben as he leans back in a chair and orders an ale from one of the servers

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 04:35 PM
"Was your implication, sir, that I am not intellectually fit to respond to a man such as yourself?" Plods shakes his head indignantly and sips his drink, finding consolation in watching his living gummi worm writhe around on the bartop.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 04:37 PM
Well... you certinaly are "intersting" to put it one way
replys Tiben without looking at Plods

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 04:43 PM
"Interesting? If by this you mean to deem me socially inept, then I would suggest you abanadon your childish accusations and simply answer the aforementioned question!" Plods very much seems to enjoy the current argument, handing his empty glass to the bartender for a refill and smiling.

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 04:44 PM
Joseph shakes off dead time and walks over to an empty table. He catches sight of Therarde and gives him a nod, then takes a seat.

Tiben
2007-05-23, 04:48 PM
Getting angered by Plods constant intereptions Tiben turns to look at him and says: By intersting I mean that your as mad as the sky is blue. Your unfit to be keept in a Zoo at you current mential state.
With that Tibin's Raven turns to him and squacks:
Anger him if you will, but you shall be turned into pig swill
Then flys to the far end of the bar, out of harms way

AmberVael
2007-05-23, 04:51 PM
Earin snaps out of dead time, glances around, then leaves the tavern through the mirror out of habit.

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 04:54 PM
"Mential? Intersting? Keept? Do you perhaps mean mental, interesting, and kept?" He glances at the raven with a sudden glare. "Believe what you will of my current mentality, but you'll find that I'm well-grounded in reality."

Tiben
2007-05-23, 04:58 PM
Tiben's eye twitches in anger
For one I am not from this country let alone your "Town" and two NEVER adress my raven

The Sentinel
2007-05-23, 05:05 PM
"And what does that have to do with anything? I'm not from around here either." He yawns and looks out the window for a moment. "I arrived early this afternoon. I was created in one of the higher dimensions. And yes, I am going to address your raven provided he insults me with a thoroughly shoddy ad-libbed rhyme." Someone observing him closely will come to the conclusion that Plods is not really angry...but he's doing a very good job at imitating anger itself.

Rebonack
2007-05-23, 05:17 PM
Nicholas tromps down the stairs from the second floor. At this point he's expecting something odd and inexplicable to leap out at him from the rafters again. A talking fish? A vampire? Some more liquid pigeons?

Who knows?

He had already confided himself to the conclusion that he wouldn't ever be able to make sense of anything that goes on in this crazy place.

"So, how's everyone doing tod-GAH!"

The 'GAH' is the result of a fist sized blue ball suddenly dropping from the ceiling and bouncing around d in front of his face.

"Hi!" enthuses the little cobalt colored sphere. "Want to hear what I found today?"

"Uummm... I... eerr..." Nick stammers as he licks his lips nervously.

Warpfire
2007-05-23, 05:19 PM
Joseph glances over at Nick and nods. "'ello. What's the little blue ball you got there?"